This website seems to be closed. Find similar businesses

Buy The Case

Buy The Case has a consumer rating of 1.78 stars from 9 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Buy The Case also ranks 137th among Wholesale sites. The most common issues with Buy The Case are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

How would you rate Buy The Case?

“ALWAYS shipped exactly what I ordered on time and the...”

William M.
4/13/14

ALWAYS shipped exactly what I ordered on time and the pricing was the best. You had to pick and choose what you were buying however I have nothing but good to say, Sorry to see them go. I wish them the best

“TERRIBLE”

felice m.
5/27/20

Forget this company... AWFUL! Waited for over a month and they never fulfilled my order! They are horrible; don't answer e-mails or the telephone. Charged my AE card and never fulfilled order. BEWARE

felicem19
May 27th, 2020
grannyg3
August 14th, 2020
If I had not harassed them on the phone I would have never gotten their attention. I am a retired Customer Service Representative of 40 year. I have NEVER seen poor service like this company dished out. Oh yes I got my order because I became the customer from hell.
michaelp2157
April 19th, 2020
Looks like they are price gouging galore during this pandemic! $80 for a can of disinfectant spray?!
richa1656
August 16th, 2015
Customer Service is all about treatment. The story that follows shows how a company can meet the needs of an angry customer, yet lose his/her business because of the customer experience.

On the other hand, an organization can fail to meet a customer's needs, yet retain loyalty and repeat sales by giving the customer respect and some control.

Once, I had an awful customer-service experience with BuyTheCase.net, a company that sold items in bulk. Here's what happened:

I ordered a case of shampoo.
Instead, I was sent a case of vegetable soup.
I called and spoke and had a great conversation with Denise. It's easy to forgive a mis-ship, and they let me keep the soup. Well done! By the end of the call, the shampoo was reordered, and they offered a $5 credit.
Then, they sent a case of tile cleaner to me! I called and left an after-hours voicemail.
The response to that phone message was delivered in email, explaining that I could (again) keep the mis-shipped item, and that my shampoo would be reordered for a second time.
Aside from not answering my call in kind (they should have called back), I was not upset about the mistakes. After all, they let me keep two cases of free and useful items!

After about a week of silence, I called to find out what the status was on my order. The conversation started with the rep asking for my first and last name. I obliged. Then, I asked for her name. She avoided the question and continued to speak about how the shipment problem was being resolved. I asked for her name again. Still, she didn't answer my question. Once more I asked what her name was, and then said "Are you NOT going to tell me your name?"

That's when she transferred the call to a rep who, not only did state his own name, he even told me her name (it was Denise, the same person who I've spoken to and emailed before)! Why wouldn't she tell me her name? It would have been so easy for her answer that simple, direct question. (When dealing with companies, we're instructed to get names of the people helping us, right?) I asked this rep to have someone in Company leadership to call me regarding the unusual behavior. I made the same request numerous times via email.

BoxIn those emails, the "Customer Service Supervisor," Debbie, consistently deflected my requests, and refused to make verbal contact with me. This angered me even more. First I had a customer service rep who wouldn't tell me her name. Then, when I wanted speak with someone in the company about it, I couldn't even get that! She wasn't even willing to invest a few minutes to listen to my side of the story.

I am not annoyed about receiving the wrong item twice. Orders get botched. It happens. These kinds of errors can be overlooked when accompanied by proper customer handling. Minor mistakes don't drive customers away. Customers stop doing business with a company because of how they are treated. The people at BuyTheCase.net wouldn't listen to their customer. They chased me away.

All people want to be respected and have some semblance of control. BuyTheCase.net's Customer Service offered neither. As a result, they lost a customer.

Even in horrible customer service, there is incredibly valuable information. Use it to develop your own customer service best practices.

To provide excellent customer service:

Make amends for mistakes. BuyTheCase. Net did a good job of this by offering the mis-shipped items as a gift, and even offering a credit on my next order.
Identify yourself to the calling public. When my phone rings, we answer by saying "Improving Communications, this is So-and-so."
Answer customer queries in the same medium in which they arrived. Respond to email with email, or a call with a call (unless the customer suggests otherwise).
Listen to ALL your customers, especially irate ones. With angry clients, let them tell their side of the story—right or wrong. Don't judge. Just listen, acknowledge the inconvenience, and empathize.
Show respect for your customers and give them some degree of control. When the rep was asked for her name and it was denied, there was no respect or control.
ttf
April 29th, 2013
Horrible pricing! When you buy bulk you are supposed to save money but this is not the case with buythecase.net. Their case pricing on many of their products is nearly twice what you would pay elsewhere. Convenience is not worth this kind of mark up.

Just an example: Dove body wash 12oz is
$3.89 at Wal-Mart (the 24oz only $5.47),
$4.79 at Drugstore.com (with free shipping when you spend $25)
$6.59 each ($39.54 for case of 6) with Buythecase

This is just one example and does not include their $4.95 handling fee plus shipping. Do not shop here for money saving bulk because you will lose money, not save it.
whitneyw8
April 15th, 2013
Do not order from this horrible company! They send the wrong merchandise and they are refusing to accept the merchandise back and credit my credit card. Customer service does not exist at this company. I regret completely ordering from this greedy greedy company.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Buy The Case staff and other customers.

Savvy shoppers know that http://t.co/hFQSiOIL is the best place to buy cases of grocery or other household items. Skip the big box stores and shop at http :// t.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Buy The Case?

Have a question about Buy The Case?