Review of BooksChristian

Tel: 1-800-CHRISTIAN (1-800-247-4784)
customer.service@christianbook.com

sc245
11/13/14

Ordered some bible tracts and waited and waited and waited. I tried to email them and then called - nothing. Finally I had VISA try to contact them without success. VISA cancelled order and refunded my money. Let's all pray for this company.

felipef1
11/12/14

On June 7, I bought "Forgotten God" from this "business" for $13.68. Now, June 23, and after reading the reviews here I realize that I have been robbed. But I believe it is our duty as Christians to warn other Christians by contacting churches and organizations and letting them now about this scam.

felipef
11/6/14

On June 7, 2011 I paid $13.68 for a "Forgotten God" by Francis Chan. As days passed by without receiving my book I contacted them by email for which I received no reply. At this point, June 22, and after reading the numerous complaints against this "business" I am persuaded that I have been robbed. But we, as Christians, have the duty to protect and warn other Christians. My plan is to submit the existing mounting evidence to the major, national Christian organizations so that the word would reach to all the individual churches in the country

stanc2
7/25/13

I have ordered one Christian book and a Bible from this website and recieved a confirmation that the items were shipped but no tracking number, no answer after email about a week. Someone needs to warm Christian people not to order from this company.

jackm12
7/25/11

Ordered product 3 months ago (May, 2011).
I have received no response from my emails.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

kimc11
6/23/11

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS WEBSITE! Same as all the other reviews, ordered books but didn't get them and no way to contact the company except through email which doesn't get a response. Took the advise of others and have reported them to the BBB and FTC and IC3 and other review sites.

eaineo
6/22/11

Our church placed an order in August 2010 for 100 books. Three weeks later, we still hadn't received the books, and there was no response to my e-mail, so we bought the books from another source. A few weeks later, the books showed up. I returned them (at our expense), and was told I would get a refund of the cost of the books ($480), but not shipping. Then I got an e-mail saying that I only returned two cases of books, so would only get $200 back. I e-mailed back with tracking numbers, saying that all three boxes of books were signed for at their address. They promised the check would be mailed out within 1-2 weeks. It is now 9 months later, and we still have not gotten our $480 refund check, despite half a dozen e-mails. It's always "oh, yes, we'll mail the check in a week."

suel8
6/16/11

My experience is the same as everyone else's. I found a book I had trouble finding. They had it for a reasonable price. I should have checked Site Jabber before placing the order. I waited two weeks until June 8, 2011 to contact them and have received nothing from them after three e-mails. So I'm turning it over to MasterCard...hopefully, they can shut them down.

michelen1
6/4/11

This site is fraudulent and not a christian site at all. I ordered a book on 5/13/11 and they billed me the same day. The book I ordered "Strategy of Satan" by Warren Wiersbe never arrived. I've emailed and called customer service... their phone number is disconnected and they did not respond to three of my emails requesting info on the book and then my refund as it never arrived. Since, I submitted this case to my credit card company and they are refunding me due to this fraud. I will now call the BBB and report this issue. DO NOT USE THIS SITE YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE YOUR ORDER AND YOU WILL BE CHARGED. Looks like this is simply the strategy of Satan trying to defeat the christian work of spreading the gospel.

yvonner2
6/3/11

Terrible. I have not received an order I placed almost a month ago. I have repeatedly contacted customer service with absolutely no response. I am disputing the charge on my credit card and I WILL NOT do business with this company again.

temekaf
4/21/11

my story is the same as the others. i ordered books and havent recieved them i have been writting the company via email and recieveing replies that have been lies. i reported this to the better business of TN. I used a prepaid credit card so i don't think they have protection set up for me to get my money. so unless the better business company steps in i have lost over 60$

danielm17
4/9/11

BooksChristian.com and http://www.musichristian.com have the same problem and are related.

I ordered a cd Oct 2010, never recieved it, can not call them because they keep changing phone number, keep getting lame excuses from them via email. Compained to TN Authorities whom can not even track down a business address for them. I am never buying anything online from any company in TN again.

Just a complete rip off.

[quote]
Daniel Smallbone, then just 21 years old, created [b]MusiChristian.com[/b] at the end of 2000. Smallbone's family background drove him to create MusiChristian.com (http://www.musichristian.com). His father owns a successful record distribution company and his sister is Christian music artist, Rebecca St. James.

"We built MusiChristian because we saw a need in the community," notes Smallbone, "As demand for Christian music grows, the supply is often lacking, particularly for those overseas or in rural regions of the U.S."

MusiChristian.com has become the leading edge Internet seller of Christian music CD's. The site offers over 100,000 titles of Christian music, and is well known for its savvy use of Internet marketing. Since adding [b]BooksChristian.com[/b] two-and-a-half years ago, Smallbone's business has seen a 500 percent growth year-to-year.
[/quote]

brianc10
3/31/11

I ordered 9 copies of The Best Question Ever by Andy Stanley for a high school bible study in November, 2010. The site listed the books as "In Stock" and shipping within days.

Weeks passed and still my order had not shipped. After numerous ignored emails and voice messages, I was finally able to get the attention of a customer service rep named Phyllis Griswold after I had threatened to file a BBB complaint. She sent several "we're looking into it" emails, but nothing really ever got done. Finally, in December, she sends this long woe-is-us email about how hard the online book market is, how they've had a big move.. and that they've just fallen behind. But that they were renewing their commitment to customer service, quote.. "In our new operating model, Customer Service will be our utmost priority."

Finally, on December 15, 2010, I received a shipment from bookschristian.com. However, it was the wrong books! I had ordered "The Best Question Ever", but I was sent "The Best Question Ever Study Guide". I immediately left more voice mails and emailed "Phyllis"... but never heard back. So, I filed a BBB complaint.

It is now March 31, 2011 and this issue is still unresolved. BooksChristian.com is now not only ignoring me but is also ignoring the BBB. And the CEO, Jerry David King, is doing nothing to make the situation right. (The BBB rep said that he is who she is dealing with directly). He has scammed 9 high school girls out of their money.

BooksChristian.com is crooked. And the fact that they are playing the religion card with their "we share your faith" tagline is sickening. They are taking advantage of people and scamming them, and using Jesus' name to do so.

nicolat2
2/15/11

My story is the same as the others. I ordered the book and was told it was on back order. I was told I would be issued a refund but no such thing happened. I've emailed them several times regarding this with no reply. I reported them to the Better Business Bureau, the Federal Trades Commission and the Internet Crime Complaint Center. Hopefully, one of them will get their attention and they will stop ripping good people off.

mb13
2/8/11

Thursday morning I purchased:
Order Details:

Shipment Status
Your may check the status of your order at anytime by visiting your account page at
http://www.bookschristian.com/login.asp. Please Note: If your order contains a pre order item, your entire order will be shipped around the last release date of all the items in your orders.

Shipment Notification
A shipment notification will be sent to this email address as soon as your order leaves our warehouse.

Order Number #9741 Order Date: 02/03/2011 @ 2:33PM
Code Item Qty Price Grand Total
583576 Cuaderno de Actividades DOS Mundos: Communicacion y Comunidad (Paperback) By Tracy D. Terrell
1 $58.14 $58.14

Subtotal: $58.14
Tax: $0.00
Shipping Cost: $14.99
Grand Total: $73.13

saturday i discovered THIS very website im typing on. So i went to what i HOPE is the right BBB address and complained. I havent received anything from the BBB BUT GUESS WHAT, attempt to go to BooksChristian.com right now or through my email link provided by company, and it says BAD REQUEST (invalid host name) so i guess this means theyre going to get away with taking peoples money!! im so sad. this is cruel. im sure the victims are mostly poor college students like myself. Screw college. im going to start a fradulent website.

keithw3
1/7/11

My online order was placed on Oct 29, 2010 and paid by credit card. I have since contacted this company on 3 seperate occasions via their "contact us" button on the web site informing them that I have yet to receive my order, in contradiction to my "Order status". I never received a reply acknowledging the actual status of my order. I will NEVER order from them again. After reading the other complaints, I now realize that this site is definitely a scam, AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT, for now.

lisat7
1/6/11

Ditto to everything above. Wish I'd found this site before I placed an order for calendars. I've been had.

christinam4
1/2/11

Just wanted to let everyone know that the BBB met with this company on Dec. 1, 2010. See the link below for information but basically it says the following: The company has asked that any consumer that has concerns with his or her order to call 615-236-7000 ext. 201 or email customerservice@bookschristian.com. Be sure to include the order number, and allow the company 48 hours (excluding weekends and holidays) to resolve the matter before filing a complaint with BBB.

jackiet
12/28/10

I too have no response to my frustration of my order not being filled. I have emailed and called and NO RESPONSE from this so-called Christian site. I feel I have been scammed. If you are reading this CEO David King my order nbr was DSSA346188170 - I would appreciate getting all that I ordered. I too am considering sending in something to the Better Business Bureau
Jackie - Wisconsin

mikef5
12/17/10

We ordered books on Sept. 15 and have not received anything-just an automated message saying they are looking into the problem. They took $158.22 for a high school Bible study and the kids got nothing! What a bad testimony from a supposedly Christian organization!!!! Stay away from these people!!!

amys7
12/10/10

STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!

I ordered a CD back in October in order to learn the music in order to know the music for a cruise in February. Plenty of time, right??

Well.... it is now 2 months later and I have not received it.

There is no way to follow-up with an actual person. There is no phone number on the website to call. The fax number on the website is disconnected.

I have sent a plethora of emails. I received one response early on that said it is "delayed". After that, every email has been responded to with just the pat auto-reply.

NOBODY has taken the time to service my request! When I look at my account online, it just continues to say "processing". Really???

DOES ANYBODY HAVE A WORKING PHONE NUMBER FOR THIS OUTFIT??????

chriss22
12/9/10

All I can do is emphasize what everyone else has written. We ordered books for a Bible Study over two weeks ago and the order is still being "processed." No response to emails, no response to phone calls.

Wish we had found this website before we ordered. My advice, no matter what the savings, is to stay away!

roberth9
12/6/10

As with others who complain, my order is a month old an I cannot get any replies from their customer service, and wonder when, or if, they will send this out.

jeans4
12/3/10

All the other reviews sound exactly like my story. I ordered the book Oct 29. They deducted the money from my account the same day. My emails don't even get an auto-generated response any more. I have sent 10 emails. They won't answer the phone either. Their phone # is 1-877-212-5668.
I just got back from the bank and told them my story, showed them my bank statement, showed them a print out of this page. The bank said the money would be back in my account in 2 days!!!

rainyd
12/3/10

As a former employee TRUST me when I say DO NOT purchase from here. This site has gone from a fairly decent company to a scam. There are literally only TWO employees running the place and I can guarantee you they have created an automated email to "answer" all your questions. They will immediately debit your account for the money, use it to pay for other peoples orders from two months ago who have not yet cancelled their order and/or put it towards something else. Lunch perhaps. You MIGHT get your products in about 3 months and getting your money back...don't count on it. They already folded one company so they didn't have to pay back their vendors. Its a sad sad thing and you are GUARANTEED to get screwed. Nothing is Christian about their morals and ethics.

I ordered a Book from this company on the 15th of November and still do not have it or expect to ever receive the book. They took my money just as soon as I ordered the book. I had ordered the book " It is Well with My Soul.", A Christmas gift for my Wife. It is her fsvorite Song. Keith Fellure

By Keith F.
Questions? Get answers from the BooksChristian staff and other customers.

BooksChristian?