Boing Boing

Boing Boing has a consumer rating of 2.5 stars from 6 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Boing Boing ranks 102nd among Blog sites.

How would you rate Boing Boing?

“Seems more scam-ish than professional”

Seth L.
7/5/19

I stumbled upon these free ebooks at boingboing.net and found out that they were just looking for a donation. I thought that this was a great idea, but quickly found out that it was a hassle and seems more scam-ish. I donated what I thought was fair for the ebook. It was a quick and easy transaction, and I thought that I would be emailed my ebook. But I found out that this was just the first step of many to get the ebook. After they had my money, they required that I give them lots of personal information to actually get access to the ebook. It felt like a scam, and it felt like my personal details were then going to be used for telemarketing purposes. I contacted the company and let them know that I would just like a refund. But they informed me that my donation was not refundable, because I clicked on some link within the email. I clicked on the link assuming it was the ebook, but instead it was a link to give much more "required" information and to "purchase" the ebook from their site, using a code to get it for free. At this point, I just wanted my money back, and felt like it was not legitimate. I would not recommend this site until their practices are more transparent and easier to get refunds. It was obvious that I didn't get the ebook, and it was, afterall, a donation for a free ebook. I would have expected a simple refund. I will definitely not use there site in the future.

glassj
May 1st, 2016
The site has a terrible and convoluted format that is ugly on the eye and has a lot of redundant options and post options. They really don't make sense either and are very cryptic.

The site users and owners are pretty much hostile to anyone new or who isn't lock step into the prevailing ideology of the masses their. The staff and users are very sensitive to conflicting opinions and not very tolerant to anything they disagree with.
It's a very hostile site full of angry elitist ideologues who just want to hang out with other ultra leftist know it alls.
sethl46
July 5th, 2019

apolloc
February 20th, 2014
True... a lot of their more recent posts have become boorish advertisements for "stuff" but the contributors do find amusing things to look at, from all over the Internet. It used to be very interesting but now it's a bit of an echo-chamber of Disney memorabilia and similar "meh". I like to think of it as a place for people who find reddit a little too intimidating.
petep38
March 17th, 2017
Horrible products with poor quality
Dishonest customer service
Stay away
Actual products looks totally different then one on their website
jakem21
September 16th, 2012
When I first found this site it was great.

Now it has sold out to the corps, so much of it now is biz promo.
The mods are nuts, censor everything that does not fit there world view.
Given that their head is up their azzes, you'd think they like a change of view...

Great to go and look, avoid posting and the corps they promo.
1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Boing Boing staff and other customers.

Brain candy for Happy Mutants

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boing Boing?

Have a question about Boing Boing?