Review of BikeIsland

info@bikeisland.com

1 star

robertb1433
3/13/19

I bought the Mercier Aero TT (Pearl White 50cm frame) from bikeisland and it's one of the best bikes I owned. I did some research online prior to my purchase. I can actually compare the geometry to Trek One Series, Cannondale Synapse and especially the Cannondale R700 TT; very similar geometry to the R700. I was worried about the fit but it's just right for me.

I did have a problem with the original Kenda tires and Jeff at bike island took care of that. I really can't say enough about the quality of the bike and the customer service I received. I did notice that 5/6 Aero TT have been sold since I purchased this one. I am excited for the warmer weather arrive so I can start riding!
Thanks Jeff

danc209
5/7/18

I had a small issue with components delivered not matching what was listed on the website. When I contacted them by email, Jeff replied almost instantly with an offer of free return shipping and a complete refund. That wasn't what I was looking for, so Jeff worked with me (over 10+ emails) until we had a fair solution, then he surprised me by sweetening the deal even further. Ditto to the other reviewer who said Bike Island will under promise and over deliver!

Tip for consumers: Yes, the website looks a little sketchy, and it is weird how much they stress customer service by email instead of phone, but they are so good at what they do that you won't be disappointed.

raulm21
1/9/17

This company has changed the way I purchase bicycles and for the better. The products shown are described in great detail and a lot of effort spent making sure buyers understand precisely what they are getting before placing the order. I am amazed at the quality of the bicycle shipped directly to my front door. The website's description hardly did the product justice. Under promise and over deliver! All businesses should strive for this mantra!

Tip for consumers: This is not the best way for a novice to purchase a bike since there is no practical way to properly fit a bike via the internet. That being said, if you know what you are looking for both in terms of size and components, Bike Island gives you an incredible bang for your buck.

robertb393
12/20/16

I ordered a bike from Bike Island 11/05/2016 & knew there was some "scuffs on the dropouts & crankarms". When I rec'd the bike there were a few more defects/damage with the condition of the bike than mentioned on the webpage & these were quickly remedied by Jeff of Bike Island. The bike itself is great to ride. I bought the particular bike because it offered higher grade components than what I was currently using or could afford on a bike at a LBS! I have already informed my relatives & friends about the great service. I have no social media accounts to give Bike Island 5 stars but I would if I did. If you would like a better bicycle than entrance level from a LBS at less $$ than consider Bike Island or Bikes Direct!

jacec1
9/2/16

I had an issue with the rear suspension of a bike purchased on BikeIsland.com that caused a broken rear shock and bent frame. I contacted customer service and was blown away by the level of customer service that I received. They responded to my inquiry within minutes and after describing my issue and confirming my proof of purchase, they shipped out a new frame and upgraded shock the next day. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Bike Island to any of my friends or family. Well done guys!

Questions? Get answers from the BikeIsland staff and other customers.

7 Photos for BikeIsland