Betterbuiltgarages reviews

Tel: 773.933.1111

1 Review From Our Community

tonyc160
11/2/17

We had Better Built build our garage in 2013. First of all, the crew showed up without any garage plans which is an odd way of building a structure. I watched daily as it was put together and had to correct them when it came time to build the rafters. I had to get my paperwork out to show them how it was supposed to be built when I shouldn't have to do that. We were supposed to have a loft with pull down stairs for half the garage and the other half was to be left open up to roof. They had remove the beams they had installed going the full length of garage and ask me a few questions on what we were supposed to get.
We had several service calls since our service door would never close right. I won't even describe how the man they sent attempted to 'fix' that problem. In the end, we took care of it ourselves so that it was truly fixed.
We also paid extra for a 'heavy duty' garage door opener. That was a piece of garbage which we ended up having them replace once. The second one was also garbage that failed and we had to just purchase one on our own and install ourselves. We haven't had problems since we did it.
Our biggest problem is that we had several calls placed from the time that the garage was built regarding our shingles sliding out of place. They would send someone when we weren't home to 'fix' the problem just to have them continue sliding in other areas or even the area that was just 'fixed'. Then we were told they wouldn't send someone out anymore without a charge. When I stated it was an install problem and not weather or wear and tear, they would repeat that we would be charged since the 1st year warranty was over. Now here we are 4 yrs. in and shingles still sliding down and 1 even completely came off. So we had an outside company come to inspect and take pictures. As we had stated, the roof was not installed properly and they had blown the nails through the material, thus not holding the shingles in place as they should.
I have been in touch with Better Built and even emailed them the findings with estimate and pictures explaining that the roof was not installed properly. Again, I now get the same reply that we will be charged for service call and the office manager, Tegan refuses to give me her boss's contact information.
This company does not stand by it's work. When they are done, they are gone and do not fix their problems. They will blow you off until the year is up and then think they have no responsibility for their work.
So now begins our legal battle for what we paid for.

Questions? Get answers from the Betterbuiltgarages staff and other customers.

Betterbuiltgarages?