BestVersionMedia reviews

Tel: 2252011212
info@bestversionmedia.com

leew141
8/30/18

Don't get into any contracts with these people. Advertising over the last year has been a disaster, they promise the world but fail to deliver. We have had 3 customers in the last year from paying $460.00 per month. I wish I had done more due diligence before I signed up.

Response from tamara d., BestVersionMedia Representative
Lee, I'm so glad to hear the success of obtaining three new customers. Some target markets are harder to reach than others and we love to provide a way to reach a niche market. Branding is a consistent, conscious effort that requires repetition to get your name out in the public eye. We can't make promises on how many new customers walk through your door, but glad to hear you had some success.
joyceo29
8/22/18

This company is a scam they make all kinds of promises ,very small circulation, I had 1 client in 2 year.When I attempted to cancel held me hostage with threats of court,and ruined credit. I have contacted my attorney

paulb761
8/1/18

I was hard sold and then asked to sign if I was interested and then it said I had a contract. I ran with it for over a year and it is useless advertising with absolutely no upside. I gave them a 60 day notice to discontinue they refuse to let it go. This is worse than Yellow Pages.

jenniferx15
7/23/18

I signed a year contract for advertising. At the completion, I was billed for 4 months after my contract ended. I was sent a copy of the magazine and the advertisement each month. After the contract, I never received the magazine and was still getting billed. One day, I noticed on my online banking and realized. The Company absolutely fought me all the way and would not re-reimburse me whatsoever. I don't know if they ever had business in print because the magazine stopped in my area and I never receive a magazine.

erics393
5/15/18

I love the care that is put into the neighborhood magazines in the fact that they have a local family who lives here and shares their story which month. Its all about bringing the community back together thank you to the businesses that allow the magazines to show up in the homes every month

mikep264
1/11/18

When you advertise getting new business is never a guarantee, I found the Publisher of the magazine to be sincere, staff was attentive and the quality or presentation of magazine was very professional. I would not hesitate recommending BVM to someone looking for targeted advertising .

toddw48
6/12/17

What can I say beyond the title. Don't bother advertising with these guys. It's overpriced and a waste of money. Unfortunately, you may think that you are advertising with a local publication but then find out its actually best version media.

Response from BVM -.
Every Best Version Media magazine is a unique local magazine.
joshm144
5/11/17

Pros:
-The only reason I gave two stars is because the sales women was very nice and explained things very well, and even explained how to stop the recurring billing<<<which a lot of businesses complain about!
-Good looking magazine
- Kind of targeted-to a few nicer areas where I live... but is mailed to a lot of apartment dwellers and not specifically homeowners.
Cons:
-Nobody in my community reads it, I have asked dozens of neighbors and friends
-Bland content that the advertisers write, who wants to look at that? it's junk mail
-They seem to accept any business regardless of reputation and after my one year advertising with BVM, I have seen countless sketchy businesses including a landscaper that was sued last year for completing half the job the contract specified... and a cleaning company that was caught stealing.
-Not many pages and is full of ads / articles about businesses
-Sales presentation was good but leads you to believe it will change the scope of your business, and nothing can do that.
-It is affordable but in one year have only had two people say that they saw my ad... those are friends.
-Every customer that stops by or calls is asked how they heard about us... not one has mentioned the Best Version Media magazine.
- I feel like a fool because a fellow business owner (realtor) is doing very well with a community building program+newsletter in my very own area...but I made the mistake of going with BVM because they had a broader reach.

Response from BVM -.
We are thrilled to hear that you had a positive experience interacting with your BVM publisher! Unfortunately there are many misleading statements made in this review and it would be far too time consuming to correct them all. BVM magazines go to homes, not apartment complexes. Our content teams produce outstanding local content that neighbors want to read. BVM cannot change the scope of anyone's business, that is solely the job of the business owner. What BVM can do is put local businesses in front of a great audience.

It should also be noted that no Josh M. owns a business that advertises with BVM and matches the many details left in this review. This, along with some of the language used in this review, usually means a competitor is fabricating a false review.
amandas205
4/7/17

The guy tried hard selling me. He didn't tell me I was signing a contract and said sign this if you are interested a little. Then it popped up a contract and he said you are advertising with us. The magazine has not ran and I have asked not to be in it or charged multiple times. They stated you signed a contract. I said do not run any ad I don't want it. Then someone I have never spoke with sends me an add they made up for me. Which 1. Doesn't represent what I do 2. Is attached withe an old company I used to work for 3. I ASKED multiple timessages to stop contacting me. It's okay I've changed my debit card and consulted and attorney. So if they try to take my money or run an ad I do not want ...they are toast.

Response from BVM -.
This client has been treated respectfully every step of the way. She signed an ad agreement for 12 months of advertising (at a discount too) and now refuses to honor the contract she signed. We are more than willing to work with her but she has refused cooperate with us in any way. If anything, we should file a complaint against her company for refusing to honor a contract they signed. But we will not do that because that is not how we operate.
tracyt52
3/20/17

Unless you are dying to give away a substantial amount of money each and every month with zero advertising performance, stay away from this company. While the concept of a neighbourhood publication is a good one, advertising in this book will yield very very low results. I've been advertising in 3 zones for well over 6 months and have received 2 calls. TERRIBLE. I requested to cancel and their legal deptartment called rather than the sales rep. They do not stand behind the performance of their magazine.

Response from BVM -.
Best Version Media magazines are one of the most powerful ways to advertise locally. We have an 89.4% open rate as determined by an independent 3rd party review. We strive to provide each advertiser with an amazing opportunity to put their business in front of a great audience. It is our hope that every advertiser's offering, ad, and business are able to make the most of that opportunity.
donk52
6/18/16

I have advertised in three of their magazines every month for a year and a half now. I have not received one single call from it. The content is awful, the only articles are contributed by their advertisers.

Response from BVM -.
The content comes directly from residents and community we serve. Our magazines are of, by and for the residents and the content reflects this. We have an 89.4% open rate as determined by an independent 3rd party review and 92.6% of these residents find the content useful. This is a testament to the power and impact of the quality of the content. BVM strives to provide the best advertising campaign for each client by putting them in front of a great audience. From there it is the advertisers responsibility to provide a compelling offering, ad and business. We have reached out to Don to try and dive into his experience and to resolve this conflict.
annaa61
6/7/16

Done better than the image very happy.

peterk66
8/14/15

Since publishing my review, BVM has done all it can do add value to my account. Each dept. head has contacted me to offer assistance in making my advertising experience a good one.

paulj72
7/31/15

BVM is a great concept and I have heard many positives about them. I work with a similar company called N2 and have had a great experience. This type of job is not for everyone, but if you have the right attitude you can really do great things and have an enjoyable experience. I would defiantly check out both of these companies if you are interested in this industry.

davidr175
7/29/15

I joined Best Version Media in November 2013 and have never looked back. Best decision I ever made. Hard work but the rewards have been worth it.

juliem59
7/25/14

I have been with the company for over six years and it is the best place I have ever worked. I love it here. It isn't a scam anymore than this posting is a "review." I'm also a Christian and the other review below about "bowing before the 1 percenters and not serving God's children" is repulsive to me. I don't know if everyone in the company is a Christian or not, but they are all wonderful people to work with. They care so much about helping their collegeus and community.

kathie18
3/7/14

BVM is the most rewarding job I have ever had. They allow me to set my own hours to work in conjunction with my family, aging parents and personal appointments. Absolutely top-notch team all working together. It's a privilege to work with amazing people at BVM.

nancyr26
2/21/14

Going to work for Best Version Media has been a great experience. The leadership for the company is the best I have ever worked for. The opportunity to grow with Best Version Media is awesome. I was very surprised to read the negative comment because there is NO out of pocket money required to have a award winning position with this company. Which happens to be the fastest growing privately help media company and now we are international.

shanem32
2/15/14

This is an excellent opportunity. Training was professional l and in my first month i was in profit with zero money out of pocket. there was no money to invest however this is not everyone. Great concept easy sale to the correct prospect ,

Run fast. I'm trying to get out of the contract. It has done nothing for my business.

By Paul B.

How are the magazines delivered? Through the postal service or some other means?

By Tim H.

Kathy, you are correct in that this is an opportunity to run your own business and be your own boss. We encourage you (and Rick W.) to reach out to the contact person from your email if you'd like to learn more about us. We wish you the very best in your sear for a fulfilling career opportunity.

By BVM -.

Thank you for reaching out! All of our magazines are delivered to local residents on a monthly basis.

By BVM -.

Jo, thank you for your interest in learning more about publisher opportunities in Kansas. You can submit your question to info@bestversionmedia.com and the Territory Development Manager for that region will be happy to answer your questions! Thank you so much for your time and have a great rest of your day!

By BVM -.

Happy Wednesday Bryan! I hope you are having a great day =] Please email becky@bestversionmedia.com and she will put you in touch with someone who can answer this question and any other questions you may have. We also have a short video that will walk you through this in detail that we can send you. We wish you all the best in your search!

By BVM -.

A: Rick, all of our neighborhood magazines are unique and personalized to fit the local communities they are distributed in. No one sells our magazines, they are free! If you'd like a detailed explanation of the position and compensation structure, email us at marketdevelopment@bestversionmedia.com and one of our Territory Development Managers will get back to you.

By BVM -.

Questions? Get answers from the BestVersionMedia staff and other customers.

185 Photos for BestVersionMedia