Bespoke oak doors reviews

jakeb72
1/15/18

I ordered an oak stable door from www.bespoke-oak-doors, also trading under www.bespokeperioddoors in Yorkshire. The web site talks about old fashioned craftsmanship, which attracted me. I also (erroneously as it turned out) thought their price was competitive. When I spoke to Graham, who seems to be in charge, I gained confidence as he sounded knowledgeable and reliable. So much so that I eventually, foolishly, agreed to their demand that I pay the full amount up front, before they would release the door for delivery to my house in the South of England. I was very surprised that the "door" they delivered basically consisted of 4 planks joined together. The hinges and door lock were not fitted. There was no rebate (overlap) between the bottom and top door, so the wind would whistle through the gap between the top and bottom door. They shipped the hinges and door handles separately, but did not include the locking mechanism. To have all this rectified and the door installed was going to cost me £ 800. So much for being competitively priced!

Numerous E-mails and phone calls to discuss this simply went unanswered. As for the missing lock, at one point I was promised that it would be posted, but nothing came of that. Further phone calls and e-mails again simply went unanswered.

To top it all, on their website they boast about their traditional craftsmanship and that they use only the "finest English and French oak "that was "carefully chosen". Well, there was a crack in one of the "carefully selected " door planks. They filled the crack with what looks like Polyfilla, but they did not even bother to sand it down properly to hide the crack. They just applied a primer over the crack and shipped it off.

Do not get taken in by the old-school charm as I was. This company takes absolutely no pride in their craftsmanship. They have no compunction to send you a shoddy, incomplete door. There are reputable companies out there that deliver what they promise, check out their reviews and make sure you order your door from them.

danb214
9/19/17

This company also trades on the website bespoke-oak-doors.com. Have a look at the reviews there and stay away (The 5 star reviews were put up by the owner_

Questions? Get answers from the Bespoke oak doors staff and other customers.

Bespoke oak doors?