Blue Cross Blue Shield Association reviews

shaunb54
12/14/18

This company is worthless when you need help. I called probably 30 times to argue a bill. The agents told us multiple times we were covered. It never was paid and we got sent to collections. I hope they have to shut their doors for taking advantage of customers. I took it up the ladder and even the manager would not help us when they said they would listen to the recorded calls and help us too. BCBS you should be ashamed of yourselves.

harryh43
5/10/18

when BCBS was non-profit, before states transformed their Blues into public for profit insurance companies, they were much better as a company administering health insurance. Since your Anthems,. etc have taken Blues for profit, covered medical care has plummeted, deductibles have spiked, rx formularies have really shrunk, because the patient or member is no longer the true Customer. The stockholders are. Last thing an insurance co wants to do in either health or property-casualty is pay out money that's due to people per contract. going for profit dramatically exacerbates this mentality.

denniso14
6/21/14

Bcbs does every thing they can think of to deny claims. If you have basic option under the federal program, be absolutely sure that every provider used is in network. A claim can be denied for anesthesia that could mean thousands out of pocket because it was billed from a different address even though the provider was in network. You don't have a choice of anesthesia provider used by the doctor doing the surgery and some of them use off site billing departments that are not in network. A couple of years ago I had to pay $1760.00 for anesthesia even though the anesthiast was in network but the address of the billing company was not. I am having problems this year with three anesthesia bills for $600.00 each and one for $700.00 that were denied by bcbs. I would advise anyone not to use bcbs. This year because of OBAMACARE my catastrophic limit went from $5000.00 per year to $7000.00, I guess that is part of the $2500.00 savings promised to everyone except me.

Questions? Get answers from the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association staff and other customers.

Blue Cross Blue Shield Association?