This website seems to be closed. Find similar businesses

BabyModelsUK.co.uk

BabyModelsUK.co.uk

BabyModelsUK.co.uk has a consumer rating of 2 stars from 12 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. BabyModelsUK.co.uk also ranks 137th among Baby sites.

How would you rate BabyModelsUK.co.uk?

“Honest review”

Rebecca E.
6/18/18

We signed my daughter up last year and were invited to go to moda studios in London for a test shoot. The staff there were amazing and we ended up purchasing a package of about 20 photographs with an extra two sittings with ten more photos on each over the next two years. This cost around £600 but we thought that including the two return visits this was actually a great price as you can spend this sort of money if you get professional photos done regularly for home use. With regards to work through baby model we havent heard anything from them directly but last week we returned to Moda to redeem one of the extra sittings with 10 photos, so we could update our daughters profile on baby models and were informed that our daughter had been the face of their campaign at Christmas and also prior to that been the main face of their website. So although weve heard nothing from baby models yet, it has well been worth the experience with moda studios.

“If you live outside of London, don't bother!”

Gemma B.
2/9/20

When I first enquired about baby modelling I was told by the company that it was ok that I lived in Derby because I was still likely to find work in Manchester and Birmingham and one days work would cover my upfront costs. So I only had to get two days work to be in profit. So I went ahead with a 3 year membership and bought the professional photos, and that was the last I heard from them. Baby has never even been shortlisted, so after a few months I decided to ask for at least a partial refund but was informed that we were past the cut off point so they couldn't refund me anything. I was then told that most of their clientele want 3 year olds anyway so I should keep our profile updated and I may yet find work. I wasn't told this when we signed up and it also become abundantly clear after signing up that unless you live in London the chances of work are very slim. That was two and a half years ago. Its been a total waste of money and I wouldn't recommend them. I doubt they have ever put my kid forward for anything and I believe that they have oversold their standing, claiming to be bigger than they are. Should have just kept the cash. They gave hope where there was none if I'm honest.

gemmab33
February 9th, 2020
rebeccae69
June 18th, 2018
jemimaj
August 2nd, 2017
I would like to give my review of Baby Models who I have been with for 5 months. Initially I was a bit apprehensive after reading a few reviews, but after speaking directly with them, my mind was put at ease. From my understanding there are long periods of waiting for work for the majority of models and it is difficult to get work without professional images, so without being too optimistic, we joined and waited. We didn't really have much joy for the 1st couple of months, so we then decided to attend a test shoot and purchase some professional images. This turned out to be a good decision as my baby landed his 1st job in the same month and has had 2 castings since then. I will agree that they agency do only contact you if they have work for you or if they need updated photographs, which is quite understandable really as why else would they contact you. Overall, we are very pleased and look forward to getting more work with Baby Models.
annemaries8
March 3rd, 2017
This was our 1st modelling assignment as Freddie is only 4 months old. The baby models staff were really very helpful as we arranged the shoot - answering my queries as had never done this before. We both had a lovely time and were made to feel very welcome by Pete at Recipe and also the Chicco staff who were there. They were all raving about Freddie who seemed to enjoy the experience too! We had lots of breaks and food was provided. Freddie was given some blankets and a teddy bear. We had a lovely time and I would definitely recommend it and also highly recommend baby models as an agency and hope to do it again. The Chicco people and recipe all said that Freddie had done well and that he was 'a legend' as they had got what they needed by 12 and then did extra stuff. I am sure they were just being polite but I was very proud and it kept Freddie and me happy anyway ha ha! Thanks ever so much again Anne Marie x
uzmaf
October 15th, 2019
Many people moan about the photoshoot fees, these we believe are pretty decent and worth it. But once you sign up and pay, most people will never hear from them again. We are still owed a £25 refund from attending the photoshoot, but no one answers emails or gets back to phonecalls. Plus despite paying the £75 we cannot see our child on the website, even though we are assured he is A list. But mainly the absolute lack of communication is extremely unprofessional and rude. We've called multiple times over the last 2 months and each time the receptionist says they'll mark it as priority and get back to us. A complete joke. Disputing through PayPal now and have evidence of all the ignored emails and calls.
oluwatoyina
November 15th, 2013
Hi there, I register my daughter since April I was told to pay £100 annual fee wish I did through Paypal I haven"t heard anything from them till now. I have been in and website register for free just about two weeks my baby as been accepted and she has photoshoot coming up
larbio
July 24th, 2018
The communication with them was great and fast but as soon as I paid 3 years membership and I have paid around 500£ for the 10 photos (the price is NOT 299£ for 10 photos as they said in other review but it start from 299£ EX. VAT for 5 photos that will not give you A list as you need 10 photos)
After updated my baby's profile as A list I couldn't see his photos in the website as a model and I have contacted them asking if there is any reason for that! But NO answer anymore from them!
nicolaw32
September 24th, 2018
I signed my son up for the agency as I had seen so many good reviews. Once I paid the 3 year fee. I started to see the not to good reviews and didn't want to waste my time so I decided to terminate the contract. It states I'm entitled to the money I've paid to be refunded but it's going on 3 weeks now where they have Just ignored my emails and phone calls as they have a 30 day termination agreement once the 30 days are up they don't have to pay any money back. Therefore I am taking this further and making a legal dispute against them as it's getting a joke. The reception people who you call just don't have a clue say they will write it down and make it urgent but my urgent isn't making someone wait 3+ weeks for a reply! Absolutely disgusting! Just want your money.
edvaniaa
Ddffd S.
September 14th, 2017
They are a scam! They send you to a studio to called moda and you pay £500 then you don't hear from them
sandrac132
Sandra C. – BabyModelsUK.co.uk Rep
Hi Ddffd S. We would very much like to communicate with you regarding your comment as we are not sure where you have got this impression from. I can assure you that we are not a scam and we do not ask you to pay £500 for images. Indeed you can purchase images at our studio, just like you can at any studio, should you wish to do so, but there is no obligation and prices start from a very modest £299 for 10 images, which you would expect to pay in excess of, for modelling images. We have been working with models for 12 years and we communicate with all models when a client wishes to hire. Could you please advise who your baby is, so we can look into this for you. Thank you.
sm822
March 15th, 2016
So to cut straight to the point... I would not recommend this agency to anyone and let me tell you why.

I signed up to it for £75 and had a few issues with the test photo shoot that they offer. Then when I complained to the manager and wanted a refund she enticed me into extending my child contract as an apology for the I convince that had been caused.
Then I got a few emails stating that clients had shown interest in my child? Was told to send over pics and details and then you don't hear from them.
To go even more into the black hole they out you in... A few months into your contract they don't even bother contacting. Then when I tried to login into my account my passwords and logins had become locked. When I emailed them I was told that they could not find my details and bare in mind I am still within my contract!

Please please please do it waste your hopes, money and time with this agency. They just want your money and that's it. I urge your mummy and daddy's not to do it.

Female 29, London
vincentc41
August 5th, 2015
These guys just take your money and then try to sell you photos which probably are every expensive. This is a scam. Stay away.
rosier
July 6th, 2011
We entered some baby photos of our daughter to join the agency. We were told we had been accepted and all we had to do was pay £49 for the annual registration fee. We checked other sites and there were good reviews about the site so we went ahead and paid the fee via paypal. We were advised that we would receive a login and password to create a portfolio for our daughter within 48 hours of receipt of payment. This has not happened and it has been over 2 weeks. I have sent several emails and called the o843 number to be placed on hold for an hour and to no avail. Please please stay away from this site. It promises you a potential modelling career for your child if they fit the criteria but will do nothing but rip you off!

The cost to attend is £25 refundable amount. But they never refunded us and we are chasing them since Aug 2019. The cost for photos is roughly £300+ for 5 images or £480 for 10, you need 10 to be A list on their site

By Uzma F.