AmericanExPatTaxServices reviews

info@amexpattax.com

1 Review From Our Community

tylerf5
7/7/15

I was referred to this company last year when my local agency advised me they no longer did US returns. It was handled remotely from a residence based office in Virginia. Don't be fooled by the slick web site; this appears to be a one person operation. I paid over $678 to have my US return completed and filed. It took weeks for Mary Beth Lougen to complete the return and I was subjected to frequent panicked, alarming phone calls from Ms. Lougen requesting obscure tax information. Moreover, she painstakingly completed by FBAR submission but not before warning me I could face a $100,000 fine from the IRS for non compliance. Contrast this miserable, expensive, frustrating experience to this spring. A local agency completed my US return for $80 and I breezed through the FBAR submission myself. Americanexpat is overpriced, its competency is questionable and its "staff" shrill and alarmist.

Response from MaryBeth L., AmericanExPatTaxServices Representative
Tyler,
I am sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with the US tax return I prepared for you. Every member of the American Expat team takes great pride in providing complete and correct US cross border tax returns coupled with excellent customer service. Your comments struck me as unduly harsh and angry. As in every story there are 2 sides- and only yours has been presented. Professionalism and client confidentiality prevent me from commenting further on your specific complaints. If you would like to talk them over please contact me at 1-888-243-9992 x 301 or b.lougen@amexpattax.com
To all US persons with foreign assets and accounts reading this review- if your US tax preparer is not asking lots of questions about your situation and your assets outside the US- consider finding a new preparer. The reporting is cumbersome when your tax situation crosses a border- and the penalties can be extremely large. Running afoul of IRS international regulations willfully or non-willfully can cause you nothing but trouble.

Questions? Get answers from the AmericanExPatTaxServices staff and other customers.

AmericanExPatTaxServices?