Review of Alexa

Tel: 1465490153
copyright-agent@alexa.com

vincentd98
5/15/19

I'm subscribed to a trial, thought I cancelled, but it never completed. I never used the tool after the trial, but was charged three months, totaling $1000. They never called me back, won't put me on the phone with anyone and won't respond to my messages on their support site, facebook, or twitter. This is the most disrespectful company I've ever dealt with.

denisea136
1/17/19

I want to limit this criticism to Alexa's response to opera... She, it seems to confuse opera with popular music, and if I ask for opera music I get cowboy songs!!

neenaa2
7/17/18

Had a horrible experience with these guys!
We tried the tool for 7 days. Just that. And they took 30 days cost!
The invoice was raised after 6 days and when we asked them, they told they cant refund it as we mailed them late.

See, they were waiting for us to push them for refund, otherwise they will loot your money for no reason.

seanh110
4/29/18

I think most of these reviewers have Alexa.com confused the cloud-based voice service. Alexa.com is probably one of the most accurate and well-designed analytics platforms for marketers and small businesses looking to fuel their online presence. I am crazy excited to see what the future holds for Alexa.com. Highly recommended for agencies and individuals alike.

debbief71
2/12/18

They don't care about your account. Even without consent, they charged you 15 months. They don't really care if you use it or log in.

esthero8
1/30/18

I purchased couple of items, and should have learned my lesson from the second item, but ordered again... So let me say DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. You can get better merchandise in the dollar store. THEY SELL CRAP!!!

christinem18
9/20/17

I think the overall world wide ranking that alexa provides for free is a very useful service. The fact that amazon bought them shows that they also saw value in what they do.

sekhark1
8/17/17

I am using all the tips like alexa toolbar, alexa widget, Regular posts, social Media sharing. Even I am getting much traffic to my site https://www.lallabi.com But from last few days I am loosing alexa ran? How I can improve again ?

lanad5
8/14/17

Well, this site USED to actually provide helpful data but someone thought making millions wasn't enough and needed to make tens of millions or higher or got bored and now we have this...whatever it is. They are wholely inaccurate and are owned by Amazon, so they artificially boost their own companies. In my opinion, that is fraudulent.

mattr153
8/12/17

the same happend to me, Their customer service manager (Debbie, its name), tthey invoiced me for no sensible reasons and didn't even reply to my queries in some points, was ridiculous!!!

johnm1097
7/6/17

Why would you pay good money for Alexa's information. I looked up my site and Alexa is telling me I have 27 sites linking to my domain, Google is telling me 101. Alexa is telling me I have 1 daily pageviews per visitor and Google is telling me 2.3. Alexa is telling me pinterest.com and instagram.com are linking to my site and Google is telling me they are not, I don't use them so they have no reason to link to my site.
Where do they get this (rap, do they make it up? For a global SEO company they should really be able to do better.

carlost38
7/5/17

The product is ok - useful, though there are comparable options out there.

I cannot recommend it however, since this is as close to a corporate con as I've ever experienced.

After cancelling my 1-week trial on my 2nd day, I was surprised to find out I had been invoiced! Debbie's (pseudo-customer support) response was ridiculous and outright untruthful (spoke of a 2nd trial), and she closed the issue "because it's older than two weeks".

I am at a loss as to why a great company like Amazon would try to a) scam me out of 170, and b) let an incompetent/inexperienced hire as Debbie in charge of such a crucial role as is customer support. My advice to Amazon - strongly reconsider both!

doneganm
6/27/17

I was told I'd get a two week trial after I paid $2000. They called and said that was not true. I was totally baited and switched. Also I never knew there was a monthly charge of $50. Totally was a surprise. Worst of all, what I'm paying for only grants a small fraction of their tools. $#*!ING LAME. Last but not least, there Contact Us page is broken and I can't even complain about it to anyone!!

nicholasp27
1/11/17

The app on my phone still constantly restarts and i have the fire stick app also and seemed to do better when i uninstalled the firestick remote but the alexa app still restarts on my but work fine on my kindle if any has some suggestions let me know

garyh159
1/6/17

nothing in or on alexa is accurate. why use this site. it is owned by amazon and they use it to boost their and their affiliates rankings in search engines. go to https://www.similarweb.com/ to get actual ranking data that is useful

Tip for consumers: avoid

ethanc21
11/29/16

Alexa.com has an enormous amount of data available for any webmaster to validate their website. I recommend using alexa.com when promoting your site.

ajeshk
8/7/16

Alexa has excellent tools to analyze websites. Giving each site a rank based on the number of visitors is a good thing.

asapr
7/10/16

Alexa is not the best for webmasters. Even for an average internet user,its stats are still very inadequate and not up-to-date.There are also varying inconsistencies (a website could be in the top 1 million today,only for it to completely drop off the grid tomorrow).Bottom line, Alexa can't be relied on to make any professional decisions.It's almost like a popularity contest instead of web analytics there

sandd1
SandDab D.
6/9/16

Another great website tracker.

-Use this link: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo

1. Who visits the site
2. Which 'site' directed users there
3. Rank, world and US
4. Keywords used
5. % found by search engine (targeted) vs linked-in traffic via similar info sites
6. Time spent on the site by individual
7. Pages viewed per person

* Also additional services for businesses. Frankly, these tools are 'Business Intelligence' and just as important as good accounting, financial analysis and database management software. If one doesn't use 'Project,' or something like it, the 'business' will be at a competitive disadvantage. It's the only way to maximize 'labor unit' efficiency Life was better before the 'computer,' imho - way easier life, but must adapt or die.

If one doesn't like website info, eg, doesn't feel right - you may be right. Go with your gut and learn more about the 'owners' core beliefs.

rm93
5/6/16

Fraudulent DO NOT USE!!!!!

Took my money on Wednesday for express delivery for yesterday I also have a confirmation email explaining it will be delivered Thursday but they have failed to deliver.
Cannot speak to anyone it is just email.
They are telling me phone lines are down and I will not get my order until Monday this is disgusting customer service, false advertising and most importantly is a CON!!!

davidh344
3/8/16

Tried to get legitimate refund. Alexa have made it incredibly time consuming and are currently ignoring my emails. Its taken up hours of time. Still no refund a week later. Worst service ever!

raffaelet1
9/3/15

Alexa bases its rankings on only 2 million users who have the Alexa Toolbar (and only who cares about traffic has an Alexa Toolbar). In addition it's very very easy to cheat Alexa ranking, so websites like mine show a ranking which is much lower than the real ranking, while some spammy sites have overestimated rankings with simple black hat SEO tools. In addition, if I want to install their widget on my website to have REAL analytics, I must pay them $10 a month!

niranjany
4/30/15

Alexa has been helping us alot to keep a track of our websites worth and how our website is being ranked globally.

rileyw13
11/17/14

A good website for market analysis . There is still scope for improvement as in the manner in which the websites are categorized can be improved and the UV and PV and other website traffic details can be elaborated further but its quite a handy tool

leoc16
10/28/14

I use this website fairly often for work related tasks. They used to show a lot more backlinks, but now you can only see a few unless you sign up/pay. Eh.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Alexa staff and other customers.

Alexa?