American Kennel Club (AKC) reviews

2018 Customer choice award

6 reviews with 4 stars

judyc62
11/24/16
I am a breeder, I have been registering my litters with American Kennel Club since 1990. I have never had the issue of extended wait times that some of the other reviews mentioned. Nor have I ever had anyone be rude to me. I have had them switch me between several people getting me to the correct department.

PROS: For me it is the fact that I know I can guarantee the bloodline of my pets because the dogs are now DNA tested. As a buyer you will never have to worry that you were sold a puppy that was not a product of the sire stated on his papers.

CONS: The only real complaint I can think of is the cost, you have to register the litter PLUS each individual each puppy in the litter.....then the new owner has to pay an additional fee to have the puppy registered in their name. To me that seems a lot like "double-dipping".
I am glad I raise Chihuahuas (2 to 4 babies per litter). I can't imagine the financial burden of having to register a litter of 14 Great Dane puppies.
lelandl16
8/29/15
Bought a retriever from here recently. Everything is fine)
christianb42
5/11/15
I volunteered for their summer internship program, it was the best time I ever had. Enjoyed being a dog walker.
ericks
6/17/10
The American Kennel Club maintains the breed registry for dogs in the U.S. An essential site if you are breeding dogs, want to find out information about registered dogs or dog shows.
millyw
5/13/10
annal
5/1/07
American Kennel Club - Learn about recogized breeds of dogs.

Scam-https://petscams.com/puppy-scammer-list/demainpoodles-com/

By Alyssa N.

I believe this place is a scam. they answer emails right away until you ask for an AKC Registration number for the pup. Also they request payment via walmart or western union so you can't do a chargeback if they are fraud.

By a p.

By a p.

Helpful answer -1

I am inquiring about the same business. And I was wondering if you ever found out any information regarding their legitimacy

By Steven S.
Questions? Get answers from the American Kennel Club (AKC) staff and other customers.

1 Photo for American Kennel Club (AKC)

American Kennel Club (AKC)?