American Kennel Club (AKC)

2018 CUSTOMER CHOICE AWARD

American Kennel Club (AKC)

www.akc.org

American Kennel Club (AKC) has a consumer rating of 3.69 stars from 68 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. American Kennel Club (AKC) also ranks 3rd among Dog Breeding sites.

• They should be looking to find a dog from someone who has been approved by the American Kennel Club.
  • The AKC is the main registry for purebred dogs in the United States.
  • 2018 Customer Choice Winner

• You can also lose your pet to the breeder because your paperwork is not proof of ownership.
How would you rate American Kennel Club (AKC)?

“The truth about AKC”

Shannon M.
12/5/19

Thank you for shedding a little light on the AKC. They slander, defame breeders who question them and have illegal practices which go untouched

“Basenji breeder”

Kyle L.
1/8/20

Orestes Rios took my deposit and was dishonest about when he was breeding his dogs and when I would receive my puppy. I was told it would be at the end of January they would be born but now they aren't even breeding her until the end of this month. When I found this out I asked for a refund so I could find a puppy sooner, he was very rude and said he would refund me when he got another deposit. I called AKC to complain and they informed me they can not do anything about the way he handles business. I find this quite ridiculous. Will not be searching on here any longer. Save your money and find a breeder yourself.

american kennel club (5) dogs (11) breeder (21)
christianb42
May 11th, 2015
I volunteered for their summer internship program, it was the best time I ever had. Enjoyed being a dog walker.
judyc62
November 24th, 2016
I am a breeder, I have been registering my litters with American Kennel Club since 1990. I have never had the issue of extended wait times that some of the other reviews mentioned. Nor have I ever had anyone be rude to me. I have had them switch me between several people getting me to the correct department.

PROS: For me it is the fact that I know I can guarantee the bloodline of my pets because the dogs are now DNA tested. As a buyer you will never have to worry that you were sold a puppy that was not a product of the sire stated on his papers.

CONS: The only real complaint I can think of is the cost, you have to register the litter PLUS each individual each puppy in the litter.....then the new owner has to pay an additional fee to have the puppy registered in their name. To me that seems a lot like "double-dipping".
I am glad I raise Chihuahuas (2 to 4 babies per litter). I can't imagine the financial burden of having to register a litter of 14 Great Dane puppies.
lelandl16
August 29th, 2015
Bought a retriever from here recently. Everything is fine)
ericks
June 17th, 2010
The American Kennel Club maintains the breed registry for dogs in the U.S. An essential site if you are breeding dogs, want to find out information about registered dogs or dog shows.
millyw
May 13th, 2010
annal
May 1st, 2007
American Kennel Club - Learn about recogized breeds of dogs.
29 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Scam-https://petscams.com/puppy-scammer-list/demainpoodles-com/

By Alyssa N.

I believe this place is a scam. they answer emails right away until you ask for an AKC Registration number for the pup. Also they request payment via walmart or western union so you can't do a chargeback if they are fraud.

By a p.

By a p.

I am inquiring about the same business. And I was wondering if you ever found out any information regarding their legitimacy

By Steven S.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the American Kennel Club (AKC) staff and other customers.

The AKC is the recognized and trusted expert in breed, health and training information for dogs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Kennel Club (AKC)?

Have a question about American Kennel Club (AKC)?