American Kennel Club (AKC)

2018 CUSTOMER CHOICE AWARD

American Kennel Club (AKC)

www.akc.org

American Kennel Club (AKC) has a consumer rating of 3.69 stars from 68 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. American Kennel Club (AKC) also ranks 3rd among Dog Breeding sites.

• They should be looking to find a dog from someone who has been approved by the American Kennel Club.
  • The AKC is the main registry for purebred dogs in the United States.
  • #5 in Pets Sites

• You can also lose your pet to the breeder because your paperwork is not proof of ownership.
How would you rate American Kennel Club (AKC)?

“AKC more like AK-great (my puns are bad)”

Alyssa N.
11/6/19

I love this site and the AKC in general they are amazing. You can find breeders,products,research breeds,etc.

“AKC is overrated and support complete corruption!”

Joseph g.
8/18/19

I absolutely HATE these guys! I would NEVER trust their word in regards to ANY matter. All these breed standards are ridiculous and completely arbitrary. I swear these guys just make things up as they go. If you're purchasing a dog, and they're "AKC certified". Take this with a grain of salt, because it means absolutely NOTHING! This is their way of making money, not assuring you that you have a healthy dog. This place supports puppy mills! This place is a scam! You're playing a game by their rules. I hope this place becomes nonexistent one day! Please don't support these people and spread awareness of their corruption! 0 stars!!

american kennel club (5) dog (25) dogs (11) breeder (21)
hopeb44
July 4th, 2019
Regardless of any thing positive about the AKC, their website is utter trash. I have spent a week trying to get help from AKC in registering my dog. The site refuses my valid email address. The site refuses the online pin number generated by AKC, sent to my dog's breeder on his registration application. I have emailed, I have called and have gotten ZERO response. GET YOUR ACK ACT TOGETHER. FIX YOUR PATHETIC WEBSITE.
casparm
February 14th, 2018
Just read an article on training that was a barely disguised promotion for Purina dog food. Obviously, the AKC is not a good source for unbiased information. It's profit-driven. Pretty mercenary for a .org website.
mh473
March 3rd, 2019
I bought a Coton de Tulear for $1,800 in 2017. When she was a year old I realized that she shared few characteristics with that breed. A Wisdom Panel DNA test revealed that she was:

50% Maltese
25% Coton de Tulear
25% Chihuahua

The AKC instructed me to provide them with the DNA test results, her AKC registration (which says she is pure white - she is black and white), and photos of my dog. Their response is summed up as follows:

1. Based on the evidence provided, there is no reason to decertify my dog's litter.
2. Based on the photos, my dog is not representative of the breed. Therefore, they recommend that my dog not have puppies.

After this experience I have lost faith in the AKC. I will only use a breeder that provides a DNA lineage report. Perhaps with this new science we will no longer need this sham organization anyway.

P.S. I'm keeping my mutt.
29 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Scam-https://petscams.com/puppy-scammer-list/demainpoodles-com/

By Alyssa N.

I believe this place is a scam. they answer emails right away until you ask for an AKC Registration number for the pup. Also they request payment via walmart or western union so you can't do a chargeback if they are fraud.

By a p.

By a p.

I am inquiring about the same business. And I was wondering if you ever found out any information regarding their legitimacy

By Steven S.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the American Kennel Club (AKC) staff and other customers.

The AKC is the recognized and trusted expert in breed, health and training information for dogs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Kennel Club (AKC)?

Have a question about American Kennel Club (AKC)?