American Kennel Club (AKC) reviews

2018 Customer choice award

3 reviews with 2 stars

hopeb44
7/4/19
Regardless of any thing positive about the AKC, their website is utter trash. I have spent a week trying to get help from AKC in registering my dog. The site refuses my valid email address. The site refuses the online pin number generated by AKC, sent to my dog's breeder on his registration application. I have emailed, I have called and have gotten ZERO response. GET YOUR ACK ACT TOGETHER. FIX YOUR PATHETIC WEBSITE.
mh473
3/3/19
I bought a Coton de Tulear for $1,800 in 2017. When she was a year old I realized that she shared few characteristics with that breed. A Wisdom Panel DNA test revealed that she was:

50% Maltese
25% Coton de Tulear
25% Chihuahua

The AKC instructed me to provide them with the DNA test results, her AKC registration (which says she is pure white - she is black and white), and photos of my dog. Their response is summed up as follows:

1. Based on the evidence provided, there is no reason to decertify my dog's litter.
2. Based on the photos, my dog is not representative of the breed. Therefore, they recommend that my dog not have puppies.

After this experience I have lost faith in the AKC. I will only use a breeder that provides a DNA lineage report. Perhaps with this new science we will no longer need this sham organization anyway.

P.S. I'm keeping my mutt.
casparm
2/14/18
Just read an article on training that was a barely disguised promotion for Purina dog food. Obviously, the AKC is not a good source for unbiased information. It's profit-driven. Pretty mercenary for a .org website.

Scam-https://petscams.com/puppy-scammer-list/demainpoodles-com/

By Alyssa N.

I believe this place is a scam. they answer emails right away until you ask for an AKC Registration number for the pup. Also they request payment via walmart or western union so you can't do a chargeback if they are fraud.

By a p.

By a p.

Helpful answer -1

I am inquiring about the same business. And I was wondering if you ever found out any information regarding their legitimacy

By Steven S.
Questions? Get answers from the American Kennel Club (AKC) staff and other customers.

1 Photo for American Kennel Club (AKC)

American Kennel Club (AKC)?