Review of 24HourFitness

Tel: +1-800-432-6348
cpm@24hourfit.com

hollyp34
4/25/18

wish I could give this company zero stars! A complaint has now been filed with the Better Business Bureau about their False/ Misleading Advertising practices.

This company offers services with a Personal Trainer and alleges that an individual be permitted to cancel future sessions and receive a refund of the 5 paid sessions. The company indicates that you can cancel your future sessions if done within the first 5 days. In addition to the first 5 day window, the company alleges that if you are not fully satisfied after completing the 5 paid sessions in 30 days that you will receive a full refund. They promote a "Money Back Guarantee - No Questions Asked". Unfortunately, this is not the case.

Upon completion of the first paid session, an attempt with the front desk was immediately made (same day) to cancel the session. The staff at the Frazee Road location purposely mislead, misdirected, and failed to follow up to cancel this contract until after the five day period was met. The store manager now alleges that there is no entitlement to a refund, and that the only solution he is willing and able to accommodate is to offer two additional sessions with a different trainer. The store manager also attempted to use bullying and intimidating tactics to say "You can have this offer or lose all of your money and have nothing at all!"

Attempts were made to cancel these personal training sessions through 24 Hr Corporate Member Services, and they allege that they have no control or ability to provide refunds as this is "in club revenue", and this must be resolved at the club level. Unfortunately, it is 24 Hr Corporate who promotes these services on their website and promises a money back guarantee, so they should be able to assist in resolving these matters. After days and hours of attempting to speak with numerous individuals, this has now been escalated to a District Manager from whom we are awaiting a response.

Do NOT pay for personal trainer services. They are subpar, and very costly ($56 each on promotion and $70 each without promotion).

We expect this company to be held accountable to their contract and guarantee, and provide a refund. Additionally, due to the settlement recently reached in November 2017, 24 Hr Fitness is barred from making false representations or engaging in any unfair business practices. While the lawsuit and settlement reached was regarding a different marketing practice, this organization continues to make false representations about different areas. Ideally, they would be prevented from doing so in the future. Additionally, it would be helpful to warn other consumers about their deceitful practices, and terrible customer service in resolving these types of situations.

overkillt
7/13/17

I had a membership at the facility in Santa Monica, CA. before they went Super Sport. They never offered to "grandfather" me to Super Sport status. I decided to cancel my membership since all they want is money. I remember a lady working out next to me on the elliptical machine and starting coughing really hard. She didn't smell like a smoker so she must of had the Flu.I complained to the staff about her but one came back to have her remove before she get others sick. I'm never going to a place like this if they can't even screen sick members or can't tell their members to not come in sick and infect others.

Tip for consumers: They emailed that have Purel and wipes. That is not going to help stop a sneeze. It's airborne!!! People, where a mask.

stephanies76
9/21/15

Mesquite gym need to clean the lady's room showers.Mildew ,drains stopped up.Its look so bad.They clean the floor but not the showers what sense does that make

shelld
9/5/14

I have gone to Facebook /site jabber to Voice my complaints since I have called members services and received no response at all. I even called back to follow up and was told I would receive a call within 5 business days.Still No calls I was insulted by a club employee and another occasion told I could loss my membership for signing a petition that was being circulated over the changes of a class time that for many years has been the same classes still full.don't get me wrong I am all for positive change once again what happen to what is best for the members and their feedback before changes that could affect the members routine and workouts this class was always full most of all what about FREEDOM OF SPEECH . It really bothers me that the club seems it do not take members opinions into consideration before changes what happen to our members satisfaction. Communication with the members is key.People forget that if it had not been for the members there would be no 24 fitness. Corona 24 hour fitness sports

stephanien3
4/21/14

This is a gym that appeals to the masses. Its relatively cheap (especially if you buy the Costco deal for a prepaid 2 year membership). However, it can get very crowded, especially the classes. I did one free personal training session and it was a joke. I guess you get what you paid for.

Questions? Get answers from the 24HourFitness staff and other customers.

24HourFitness?