Review of 1and1.co.uk

Tel: 0333 336 5172
k.hoebbel@1and1.co.uk

stewartc28
3/6/17

They stole from my credit card and managed to LOSE not one, but two ecommerce sites - they failed (or didn't bother) to find the back-ups and they were lost forever.

Email addresses were hacked and used by spammers and I was blamed for issues of security!!

They are well known for charging your credit card for 'services' you haven't ordered.

Note that I have had websites hosted by at least four other companies and no major problems.

This company gets a high score on the very dodgy 'review' site Trustpilot, because businesses who pay get easier access to removal of negative reviews, but please AVOID this company and don't be fooled by fake review sites either.

johnm435
12/21/16

I have been with www.1and1.co.uk for sixteen years, hosting a couple of TLDs.
It recently dawned on me that they were billing me twice a year and their prices had gone through roof - about £150 per year - four times more than better hosting companies.
I tried to terminate the contract one day before it expired but then found that the process had to be completed by phone - and their lines were closed for the weekend.
I spoke to them and I was reassured that the billng would not go through then, lo, the invoice duly arrived.
I've spoken to them again and I've emailed them to get it sorted out, but no answer.
I think this is disgraceful and rather callous.
I would never recommend this company in a million years - keep
their hands out of your bank account.

Tip for consumers: Simply avoid them - there is plenty of choice out there.

kevinb14
6/2/11

They ask you for your password when dealing with any enquiries and when you refuse to give it to them they hang up !!!

Questions? Get answers from the 1and1.co.uk staff and other customers.

1and1.co.uk?