Review of 123-reg.co.uk

Tel: 0330 221 1007
contact@123-reg.co.uk

saniak3
5/14/19

Over the weekend I was searching a domain name "flightscanner.net" on you sight and it was available for registration at its normal price £9.99. However, I did not register it instantly because I wanted to register some more domains and was thinking to pay you for all domain names all together instead of going through the same process of registration for each and every domain individually. However, when I cam back to your site in about 10 minutes to register my domains I was shocked to see that the domain "flightscanner.net" became unavailable and "flightscanners.net" with the addition of letter "s" at the end was coming to about £500.
This is ridiculous and a severe breach of your contractual duty of customer care according to which you cannot pick your customer's domains and register them to make money.
I already have hotmail, gmail, twitter and instagram accounts of both "flightscanner" and "flightscanners" which I will use as an evidence of your misconduct to your customers who type their domain names on your site with complete trust and good faith but in return you cheat your customers and get those domains reserved which you like to keep to make money from them.
If you do not release these domains with immediate affect I will take legal action against your company and bring this matter to watchdog with all evidence. Once it will be in the media I am sure many people will come out who had the same problem with you.

Regards
Sania Khan

anonym13
6/30/13

Worst DNS registrar I have ever used. Changes aren't updated in their database or throw bizarre errors. There is no support. Avoid this service like the plague.

alexm11
6/25/13

Tried to search a domain name using first reliable site: the domain name I was checking was not taken and available as both .com and .co.uk versions. Then tried 123-reg.co.uk and the same domain name was apparantly taken and not available. Went back to reliable site and the names that had previously been not taken and available were suddenly (in an interval of one minute) taken and not availble in both .com and .co.uk versions!
I can not prove it but it appears as if 123-reg.co.uk was just capturing any domain name you search for so that you would have to buy it!

tonyw10
10/9/11

Really Cheep domains - Never had any issues with them - I Always buy my domains from 123reg.

kumarm
3/7/11

Really cheap deals on domain names and hosting on this one. The control panel is very userfriendly as well.

Questions? Get answers from the 123-reg.co.uk staff and other customers.

123-reg.co.uk?