US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

ginas13

I called customer service and he was very nice which made it a little better. (in 184 reviews)

kathyb40

You pay once, then get free shipping for the day (or all weekend if you order on a Friday). (in 698 reviews)

chrisb141

At first they tried to make up for it with the $10 standard store credit. (in 65 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

lydiap4
8/22/14

By giving one star, I hope to someday get my order. I usually check out reviews before I buy. I didn't. Too late now. I didn't see where they said it took long to get merchandise. I ordered Aug. 12, 10 days later I called to see what was going on with my order. I was told by a snarky operator that one item was being shipped by mail and would be here on the 28th. And didn't know when the other 2 items would get here because the company sends it. Here is where it makes me angry as a consumer. They took my money on the 12th. Did they send the order to the other company by pony express? They don't have email to send the order? This is unacceptable in this day and age. I will never order anything else from Zulily. It wasn't the price as much as what I wanted. It said free shipping. I would gladly pay to get the order this month! Grrrrrrr!

Tip for consumers: Don't do it. They spend money on ads on TV but don't even have a manager when a customer calls? I personally want to spend my money on a service that treats their customers well and with respect. Raise your prices!

susanc73
8/22/14

I'm surprised these guys haven't been hit with a BBB complaint yet. First, if you do even the most basic research, you will see that the exact same item is always the same or less on Amazon. On Zulily though, you get to pay for shipping and it takes about 2-3 weeks typically to get the item. I've also been disappointed in the quality of the brand name items; they had famous people's name on them, but I wouldn't have bought the items in a store if had seen them before purchase. After 2-3 purchases in a year, I'll be dropping them as a possible shopping site. It's almost obvious that when they do the comparisons, they compare against the larger or more expensive version of an item. For instance on the Packit Owl Lunchbox, they quoted the full size price for the mini-Owl lunchbox. They did this again on another children's bicycle. There were three versions and they quoted the most expensive version but were selling the cheapest version; that's not a coincidence. I'd save your money and buy anywhere else.

rachelles2
8/21/14

ordered 2 dresses on the same day and a month later one of the dresses arrived but there was a major problem only the skirt came to the 2 piece dress. called them up to find out what happened and the only thing they could tell me was that there was not enough items to fill everyone's order who ordered the same dress. but quick question why wouldn't they call to say we sorry we ran out of the dresses what can we do to make this right. and also after the mess up with that dress i called them back because for a month it kept telling me that my order was on it's way to zulily. so i ask when should i be receiving the dress and they told me that it could take up to another month to ship and at that point i cancelled by order. so my husband was right when something seems to good to be true it normall

Tip for consumers: do not use this site or company

frans22
8/20/14

I am giving Zulily one star because my items did finally come. By the time the learning tools I ordered arrived my summer tutoring was over. The purse was not close to the size shown in the picture. So disappointed! What a rip-off. I did not realized how long it would take until I inquired about my shipment. They said the shipping details were in the item description. It must have been in fine writing because I saw nowhere in writing that it would take so long for the items to arrive. I wish I had seem these reviews before I spent money with them. Never again. If the items were outstanding in quality it would be worth the wait. Not worth it!!

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site!!

robertap
8/18/14

I ordered a dress which did not fit. Called customer service and found out you can not return your order and can't your money back just a store credit. I would not recommend ordering with this company.

melanies20
8/17/14

I am very disappointed In this site, I have spent almost $500 in a months time on, clothing and shoes. I ordered a pair of black boots w a silver buckle on the top and one on the bottom, they went in the computer and changed what I ordered and sent me wht they changed it to, this is totally wrong, I had been watching those boots for months, and knew exactly wht they were supposed to look like. I was furious when I opened the box!! I called and told them wht happened and they said the vendor ran out.
So it's ok to send me something I did not order?! Why not call me and ask or refund my money Instead of trying to be sneaky and hoping I wouldn't notice! Not to mention the blouse I got tht clearly had a hole down the seam! I had to have some one fix tht. These ppl are bogus! I should have just turned them in to the BBB! No I won't recommend this site, everything looks great in the pic and is never the same when u recieve it! Had I gotten my stuff in a reasonable amount of time I would've known it was CRAP and not shopped it anymore!

Tip for consumers: No. Go to Walmart. U will get better stuff there

terahs
8/14/14

I dislike that I can't even stroll through their shop without giving them my email address and coming up with a password .... why don't they just ask for my first born as well !!!

I just want to BROWSE .... and then maybe buy ... but I won't try to browse ever again.
There are plenty of shops with cute clothes that DO NOT WANT TO HAVE ME JUMPING THRU HOOPS !!

Tip for consumers: read above

sheilaw9
8/13/14

I have been ordering from Zulilly since beginning of this year and I got every item I ordered and was somewhat satisfied with the exception that it takes too long to get the items and a flip flop broke the second day I bought it and the thread of a dress came undone while I was wearing it, but basically satisfied with the 25+ items bought so far.

geanneb
8/13/14

I've seen ads from Zulily for years but never looked at the sight til this past June 20 2014. I myself was looking for new clothes to take on vacation. I ordered a cardigan & 2 tops, then a beautiful jumpsuit that I specifically wanted to wear to my grandmother's 85th birthday party. I only received the cardigan! The other orders show they came a month later july 21st & 22nd. Nothing was on my door from ups or canada post like it usually does when I order online. I give them the benefit of the doubt & wait a couple of days, go to my local post office hoping maybe they just dropped it off there without leaving the notice and still nothing. So I call Zulily, explain the situation to csr, she is very polite, shows empathy, says usually they wait 10 business days after the delivery date to do any kind of credit but in my case she decided to credit my cc cost of shipping & the items. I seen the credit on my card within 2 business days. Overall, I don't think I will order from them again. I do not want to take the chance! The bad reviews out weigh the good ones on here. Thanks but no thanks!

theresad9
8/13/14

I will never order again in this Zulily on line shopping. I ordered one Cardigan and three dresses. I got the Cardigan first and when I see it, the material is so cheap! Since then I was worried about the rest of my order. When I got the rest of it and opened it I could not believe that I fall for this. The size is not right and the quality it is very bad. There are threads hanging all over the fabric. Since all sales are finals I was stuck with this stupid dresses that I will not be able to wear and I couldn’t even give it away because no one’s likes it. For the amount of almost $200.00 a big mistake!!! Please don’t order to this company your money will just go to waste!!!!

jb101
8/12/14

I made the mistake of buying shoes from Zulily even though could not be returned, Took three and a half weeks to receive and they were most uncomfortable shoes ever. Hate that they cannot be returned. Gave to Salvation Army. I can do better at Salvation Army store.
Have seen items on Zulily and found better prices and cheaper shipping online or on ebay.

jessicar20
8/12/14

Just received 3 orders... I am so disappointed :( Very poor quality clothing... I've ordered a coat and 3 dresses... All for my 3 year old daughter. The coat looked so cute in the pic on the zulily website, but in reality it was the poorest quality faded fleece and the fur trim was just cheap craft store fur only sewn on one edge so that the wrong side was visible. The dresses... Wow they are really bad as well... The first had stripes that were supposed to be horizontal but were slightly diagonal... Clearly defective. And the second and third were "tutu-dresses" but in reality were just cheap tank tops with tulle sewn on the bottom hems & bows hot glued on. I did call zulily to complain and they would only refund me on the first dress since it was "defective" but not the others & explained to me that all sales are final and that I'd "get used to their policies." I will not buy anything else from them ever again, regardless of brand if they can't guarantee my satisfaction. They are selling stuff that wouldn't be purchased if you saw it in person first. Very very poor quality. Amazing how they make the stuff look so nice in their pics.

samp201
8/11/14

I don't like that I can't shop at Zulily.com without having to enter my email address first or Facebook info or my entire life history. I want to view some of the items and then decide if I want to give my email. I guess they don't want customers.

elenac7
8/7/14

I've read a few reviews here and was amazed that someone could actually give this company one/two/three stars! Wow!.. I am a very picky shopper and simply LOVE Zulily. I've used it for about two years for my whole family and friends and have NOT yet been disappointed! The customer service is AMAZING, that is, if an item that you received is really not working for you, Zulily refunds you (either back on your CC or as a store credit), no questions asked. Everyone in the customer service team is friendly and very professional. I am very impressed, to say the least. In regards to the shipping length, the majority of of orders do take about 2 weeks to receive, but this information is clearly disclosed on their website, so it shouldn't be a surprise! By the way, the company is doing great financially, just look up recent articles on google. And I REALLY doubt the people who posted all those bad reviews are ACTUAL Zulily customers lol. Those are probably members of competting businesses or something because those reviews do not make any sense! Well, if you say that Cole Haan, Tom Ford and Prada ( some of the featured designers on Zulily) sell CHEAP stuff, I am SPEECHLESS!)))

triciaa
8/6/14

I saw many negative complaints right after I made my first purchase from Zulily. I am actually happy I made my order first, or I would not have ordered from them. I have to say I am EXTREMELY pleased with my purchase. I ordered two pairs of Keen hiking/water sandals for the price of what one pair would typically cost. I received them within 13 days of my order (which they explain that their shipping process takes 10-14 days). The shoes fit wonderfully and I will definitely order from Zulily again. I would suggest, after reading all of the terrible reviews, that people stick to the brands they know and trust when they are looking for a good deal.

laurad35
8/6/14

Good deals but the take forever to ship the items. Also you don't always qualify for free shipping within the same day as the state all over their website. And the customer service was no help either.

jayg40

DO NOT BUY!!!!
Way too much trouble ordered something three months ago still waiting. One of those items were canceled, no email to tell me that it was or why. contacted them they haven't responded, and no refund. NEVER AGAIN!

roseannz
8/5/14

I ordered products about 3 weeks ago, realizing that they might take a while to get to me. I still am waiting for my first order. I didn't find the "Review" section until now, right after ordering over $200.00 of products MORE!! Now, I am really scared! I don't mind waiting if the products are good quality, are what I ordered, and the sizing is on point.
Now I don't know whether to cancel my order today or not. I wish I had waited to receive my first order before ordering some more! Some people have had wonderful experiences; the majority have had HORRIBLE experiences! I convinced myself to cancel today's order. Please let me know which types of products are OK to buy-are dresses flimsy and too small, is the jewelry OK, are the shoes well made? I've read reviews that say "YES!" and many that say nothing is right! Thank you, everyone!

jackier16
8/5/14

I actually am very fond of the site and the deals it offers. Such nice clothes and shoes. I find myself getting suckered into ordering from them because I am a frequent online shopper who appreciates a good deal and although I do in fact receive the good quality products from them It Does however take WAY TOO LONG to receive it. So if you want winter wear, order it now in the Summer because thats when you will get it. I think I will unsubscribe so I dont have to dwell on the site offering great deals, nice products but way too long of shipping.

leaa2

customer service = "1"

Over the course of two months, I have called once and written twice - I have yet to receive a phone call back to discuss my issue:

My issue: ordered a mother and daughter dress - received two childrens dresses.

very frustrated with Zulily!

kateh14
8/4/14

My order was a birthday present and when I ordered it said about 5 to 10 days and
as yet the order is still processing even though it is 12 days since I ordered. I love the
clothes but can order from other internet sites and have delivery within a few days.
Extremely disappointed in the delivery service. It would be better to say that delivery
will take a long time so that we can decide if we will order or not.

jenetiah
8/4/14

DO NOT order form this company!!!!! They wait months to order from supplier then TELL you...YOU WILL NOT RECIEVE item.....FORGET trying to get a credit!!!!
Might have good price but NOT worth not getting or getting credit!!!!!

elizabethr33
8/4/14

SHIPPING TAKES FOREVER, SIZING IS AWFUL, QUALITY OF PRODUCTS IN BAD (ONE PRODUCT I RECEIVED WAS USED!!!!!!!!!) TWO ITEMS HAVEN'T EVEN GOTTEN HERE AND IT'S BEEN FOREVER!! DON'T BUY FROM THIS PLACE!!

marya146
8/3/14

Please do not order from this company I order 4 top receive only 3 the other one will come later, Charge my credit card the day after I order, Receive the tops 4 week later bad quality , Never will order again.

karenh47
8/3/14

Was so excited when I placed my order for what looked like beautiful summer shirts. Sooo disappointed when they FINALLY arrived after almost a month. They have no problem taking your $ up front only to find it was made in India and it's crap. Strings hanging out of the sequins and afraid to pull them off cuz if I do, the whole shirt may fall apart. Instructions say to machine wash....WHAT??? So misleading. Shirts are way off from what I received. Would never order from this company again. This stuff looks like what you could get at a flea market from a vendor.

yc7
8/2/14

If your ordering jewelry this site is great. But if your ordering clothes or shoes - DON'T DO IT! They have a store credit ONLY return policy. Stuck with alot of product that don't fit.

kimb332
8/2/14

Deserves NO stars! Piece of crap product! I ordered a shirt that I thought looked very nice on the website, but it arrived and it is very VERY cheap! Fabric is almost like tissue paper, which means I would have to wear another shirt under it and that would make me too hot. It said and looked like it was made from jersey (like a t-shirt) --NOT! It also arrived in a bag where it had been wadded up and wrapped around a piece of flimsy cardboard like a skein of yarn. It is so wrinkled it will never look right. It also has an odd smell. I am afraid to wash it, I am afraid it will disintegrate in my washing machine and ruin my washer! The shirt looked cute on the website but not at all cute in real life. It also has some really ugly "gold" spots on it that were not apparent in the picture. Not true to size either. I will NEVER wear this monstrosity. Waste of time and money. Shipping took F O R E V E R!!!! It doesn't matter how inexpensive it is, it is still a waste of money. Now I know why none of my friends ever mention shopping there.

dawnj9
8/1/14

I just received my first order from Zulily. Both of the dresses that I purchased where not true sizes,one was like a small but was suppose to be a large and the second one was also a large but fit's like an extra large . Won' t be back ordering on this site, I am very disappointed .

aileenp1
8/1/14

The bad reviews bother me, I love this store. Every item that has come damaged, I call, and get an instant refund, plus they give me store credit for the hassle. I've never had a bad customer care call with them.

The prices are amazing...for examples, Skecher BoBs on sale for $25.00.

The complaints about how long it takes to get items are silly. It states very clearly on the website 2 to 3 weeks to ship. They give an estimated shipping date, and the few times they have not met that date, I call, and they cancel the order, or leave it pending, and give me in store credit as well.

As for quality....I buy based on the brand, if I love the brand, I'm going to get the same clothes, regardless of the retailer.....blame the brand, not the store. Some of the clothes are great, some aren't. The ones that are poor quality and damaged due to poor quality, I have gotten a refund every time.

My advice is go find out what your favorite brands are, then watch for sales on Zulily, you won't regret it!

I bought all of my kids school shoes this summer, for under $100.00, when I typically spend $300 at a box store.

Love this site!

maggiev1
8/1/14

I would give it ZERO stars if I could! Items take FOREVER to get... when they got here, they DIDN'T fit. And of course there are no refunds! And to top it off I received a partial store credit refund! RIP OFF!!!!

ambyr1
7/31/14

Really disappointed. Most of the items have not arrived and they were supposed to be sent out days ago. The size charts are wrong. Yes, I have been measured. The dress chart said up to 38 inches hip and 28 waist but was wrong, example. I wear a size 4 in banana republic. Yep, could barely get my arm though the dress. My daughter, wears a 0/00 size, it barely fit her! I wish I could cancel the rest of my order!

barbaral23
7/31/14

I ordered a rug from Zulily in June. They shipped the wrong rug and now it has been almost 4 weeks numerous e-mails and phone calls to customer service with no info on where or to whom to return the incorrect merchandise. They still won't take responsibility for return shipping or cost of the rug. I wonder how I can get my $456.94 back? I will never use them again.

shirleyb30
7/30/14

I bought Vacation clothes I have been and returned from vacation and no clothes
I am happy to see these reviews Maybe I will still get my order

joannl5
7/30/14

Shipment dates and I received 10 days later, and then the 14 day return from SHIPMENT DATE! Not happy and will never order from you again. I did not want to give a star at all!!!!

cynthiab16
7/30/14

I love this site! Many items for women, moms to be, newborns, children and home deco where you will find many good buys. The people are kind, considerate and helpful. I live in Canada and even though there is a no return policy for Canadian customers they are always willing to help find a solution. They have even given me full credits on items order even though they do not accept return merchandise. I highly recommend this site!

concerneds2
7/29/14

I would like to interject something to those name calling others who feel ripped off, disappointed or even bamboozle.. I have learned in life that everyone isn't lying therefore if you have multiple there has to be some truth in what they are saying. I have never shopped from zulily but have considered doing so on several occassions and even today but one thing popped up in my search for the company and it was their reviews. After reading these first and foremost I want to thank those who were disappointed and yet took the time to write to warn others. We do not know how priceless reviews can be until we really wish we would have had one or several before taking a dive into what appears to be a "bargain". Needless to say, I will not be doing business with this store at all. When people fail to do right by their customers as many are no longer concerned knowing their will be other people they can take advantage of in the future; it shows their lack of respect and appreciation for their business as well as people who forget it is because of consumers yes.. customers that they even have a business in the first place. Without customers they have nothing but a DREAM..

heathert7
7/29/14

I ordered from this company for the first time and didnt take too long to get order probablt 2 weeks like they said it would be. The items were for my two year old which consisted of clothes and shoes. I loved them and will order from them again. Dont understand the bad reviews dont think they pick and choose who they give good service but you know some people have big imaginations. If you pay $5 for something you are going to get a $5 product......just sayin

sandym43
7/29/14

I AM REALLY UPSET TO SEE ALL THE BAD REVIEWS, AS I LOVE THIS COMPANY AND AM VERY ADDITTED. I DO WAIT AWHILE ON MY PURCHASES BUT THATS TO BE EXPECTED AS THEY CLEARLY STATE IT HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE. I ALWAYS ORDER MY SHOES SIZE 8,AND HAVE ALWAYS GOTTEN MY SIZE 8, I JUST LOVE THEM AND SO GLAD I STUMBLED ACROSS THEM. THEY HAVE SOME NICE STUFF AND EVERYONE IS SO IMPRESSED WITH MY PURCHASES. I AM KNOWN AS THE ZULILY QUEEN.:)

suannef
7/29/14

I've been using Zulily for four years now and it has its ups and downs. For those who don't understand it, it's a "deal of day" site with lots of options so it's not a regular retailer who has multiples in stock. I don't buy too many clothing items there as there are no returns and they have been a hit or miss almost equally (in the end it evens out). Where Zulily really shines is on gear, toys and home items that are even cheaper than Amazon prices and sometimes a "real" steal. There are times that Amazon or even your local TJ Maxx will offer equivalent or better prices. I gotten great gifts such as clear umbrellas, Melissa and Doug toys, and even outdoor equipment at 30% off the cheapest internet finds. So in summary, it's a great site but know what you're getting into. It's amazing if you have the time but do some comparison shopping too.

kimg20
7/28/14

I had a great experience, and took the risk of going with it, without reading up on the company. I'm glad I did now, because if I had read all these bad reviews I might not have made the purchases I made.

I ordered a dress and three tops, which were all accurately sized, and looked just like on the site. The fabric quality was very nice for all items, even the all cotton dress I ordered, which could have been "flimsy" - but wasn't. the colors were just as they appeared online, as well.

I also took the trouble to look up the brands online and see if there were any special sizing issues on the actual company's site, rather than just on Zulily. It is a reseller, after all. My order arrived when expected, like it says on the site, it could take a couple weeks. One item came right away, and the others took the expected two weeks.

I would definitely order from them again.

marya143
7/28/14

I ordered a few wks ago a large wall sconce for my sons place. Very masculin and I was very excited. It finally arrive and is great except there was no glass hurricane. I called and the rep was very nice and ordered another one. I actually recvd in a few days....no glass hurricane again. Now I have 2. I called again and another very nice rep and she refunded my money with an extra $10 for my trouble. I have searched many websites for a 7 3/4" hurricane and cannot fine one. It's a very lage size. So here I sit with what I thought was a great gift. I will never use Zulily again. I should have read some of the reviews which is whatI usually do.

lauras54
7/28/14

I think ZULILY is amazing! I am thrilled with my order, beyond thrilled as a matter of fact. The prices a amazing and the quality is top. From the reviews I just glanced at, there are a lot of miserable & unhappy people in this world. I have several orders to come and I will be ordering a lot more, for my new grand baby, the luckiest grand baby it will be!

captainm
7/28/14

My first experience with Zulily was today and resulted in multiple emails with support. I was told I had free shipping for the day after my first order, and then was charged shipping when I made another order minutes later. I was told it was supposed to have let me know it had an additional shipping charge. I advised them it did not --with screen shots- I guess I am just too used to the exceptional customer service of sites like FAB and PetFlow. These folks could really take a lesson from them...dropping the 9.95 would have gotten you a repeat customer that would probably spend twice as much next time. Now there is no next time.

juliew24
7/28/14

OMG! I can't believe these reviews. They only thing I am getting from these reviews is that there are a LOT of stupid people in this world who never bother to read about what they are ordering. Zulilly is clear in stating that the items take two to three weeks and that they are not shipping them. They state this over and over and over again. For God's sake people. Learn to read! I have ordered numerous times from them and only had one issue and it was because the manufacturer didn't send an item. Zulilly refunded me and gave me a $10 credit. Geez, read, comprehend and quit $#*!ing just to $#*!. In other words, grow up.

lorryf1
7/26/14

I am glad I found these reviews before ordering. The prices seemed to good to be true, so thought I should check it out. The items look beautiful on the internet. All I can say is they have done a great job advertising as it got me to take a second look.

Thanks everyone for posting.

janetr15
7/25/14

I have ordered several items at different times...some items have shipped I thought quickly and then...the majority of items take FOREVER to arrive...I have not had the experience of receiving bad products except for a coated frying pan I could have bought at the family dollar store...perfume, kids shoes for granddaughters, jacket for grandson and a lot of kitchen stuff was quality stuff, ride on toys for all my grands, except for the pan from a unknown brand...buy from companies you have heard of and most of all...TRUST YOUR GUT!..i have contacted customer service and have not had a bad experience..i will order from them again....order, sit back, relax and forget about your order and it will eventually come...sad but true.

betho3
7/25/14

My goodness ! Save yourself money and lots and lots of time. Sizes are way off. For example: If you order pants size 8, you will get a size 2 that says its an 8. Don't order anything for a special occasion that you have coming up soon. It takes them a month just to ship it. Not kidding. Got store credit which sucks. I found something else that is not clothing, now just waiting forever and 2 days to get it.

junec19
7/25/14

Thanks for all the reviews. You've all saved me a lot of money. I won't be ordering from Zulily after reading these reviews.

jmm1
7/25/14

I will never order from Zulily again. The photos are incredibly deceiving, nothing is the way it appears on these clever photographs. The sizes are not true either, so things will not only look different, but also don't fit. No returns possible. I will give no star at all, but in order to submit I have to select at least one star.

judyo4
7/24/14

I will give one star because I have to. Ordering from Zulily is the absolute worst mistake I have made. No returns, only a store credit. They ship by dinosaur. Nothing is what is seems. I will NEVER EVER do business with Zulily, let alone invite a friend!

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zulily staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I have a pair of Tom shoes for my granddougther, they are a little small, any way to change?
8/27/13
caryns1
A: Orders placed on the Zulily site must be fulfilled by the original manufacturer first, before the items are even shipped out to the customers. Zulily does not stock an inventory of items they have available for sale. Typically, 48 hours after a sale ends, the mfg ships the orders to Zulily's warehouse, at which time their customer's orders are processed and shipped. Shipping via UPS ground by either party can add up to 20 days in shipping time ... which explains the massive shipping delays.

Concerning poor quality, Zulily ships out to its customers exactly what they receive from the manufacturers advertising on their site ... Z is simply the middleman.
9/13/11
Add your answer
Q: I ordered a pair of boots from Zulily that were advertised as having a leather upper. Later, after looking these boots up elsewhere on the Internet, I learned they are actually manmade. I can't wear manmade shoes, and certainly not manmade boots. The boots have just been shipped. Is there any way I can get Zulily to take them back based on their erroneous advertising?
2 weeks ago
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Zulily staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

14 Photos for Zulily