US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyh60

I sent Zulily customer service a polite email, attaching relevant screen shots. (in 328 reviews)

erikal10

Zulily places a mass order from their suppliers when they get enough orders from customers to do so. (in 1,338 reviews)

angelac28

They will only give store credit minus 'delivery' fees. (in 105 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

pattys23
11/11/15

The original idea of Zulily was to partner with specialty name brands to offer deep discounts on certain products. Nothing is returnable unless it's damaged in some way. If you don't like it, too bad! Now they have unidentified manufacturers making products just for them, showing original pricing (?) really high, and then "discounting" it. The products are poor quality and not worth the price. But you can't return them!!! Buyer beware - it is NOT worth it.

lishelleb
11/10/15

Seriously love ordering from here. You do have to wait a bit longer for shipping but never disapointed when I get it.

bethj9
11/10/15

Poor quality - shirt color not as pictured and it shrank a ridiculous amount even though I washed per instructions, shoes have an awful squeak when I walk, other pair of shoes fit like they are two sizes smaller. NO Returns!!!

cathyt16
11/10/15

I ordered a pair of pants in a 3x. According to their size chart, it should have been a perfect fit. When I received it, was the cheapest quality, as thin as gauze, and no more than a size 16. Should have read reviews before wasting my money. Now I have a new dust cloth.I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM ZULLILY AGAIN.

rayes
11/8/15

If I can't get to the website to look unless I sign up for their junk mail, there is no way in hell that I would give them a penny of my money! That's like asking me to pay at a restaurant before I order my food or even before I look at a menu.

I do not want to see their ads or links on any website I visit!

Thus, the rating should be minus 10.

jillc26
11/8/15

One of the worst online shopping sites imaginable. Ordered twin size sheets which were paper thin and poor quality plus didn't even fit a standard sized twin mattress. Should have learned from 2 years ago when I tried to order a garment which wasn't to be shipped until 3 weeks down the line and had the good sense to cancel. Worse than KMART junk store.

mp69
11/7/15

I have purchased many things from zulily since 2011. Known brand items have always been winners, but several impulse buys have been lower quality than expected. On the few occasions that the wrong item was shipped or the correct item arrived in poor condition, ZULILY OFFERED A FULL REFUND and STORE CREDIT. Customer service representatives respond to emails within hours and give clear, courteous, personal responses to your inquiries. For most items delivery is Stagecoach slow. Ready-to-ship items arrive within several days. The website and app both update tracking and shipping status frequently during the 1-2 week delivery window. I will say that over the years it seems like there are fewer flash sales of high quality brands. A small but irritating flaw with Zulily is its poor item descriptions; every item "boasts" a generic attribute, but rarely are detailed product specifications or technical details listed. An arsenal of additional verbs for their creative team and product information straight from The manufacturer would be two simple improvements. Small but significant positive features include how easy it is to save an item for later or favorite an item you are not ready to buy (single touch, does not require navigating back and forth between any pages), notification when an item from a previous sale is available again, and better-than-average recommended products (a feature that has gotten even better with recent improvements to the app). Although price and convenience comparisons on Amazon or other sites are worth the effort, Zulily does have great finds at great prices.

dianes79
11/6/15

Interesting to read all these reviews. Here's my "two cents" -
1) It doesn't make sense to complain about shipping time. It's stated very clearly. If you need things FAST, get Amazon Prime - you'll get your order in 2 days. I rarely order from Zulily because of shipping times.
2) Re quality. I ordered a blouse one time and it went directly in my give-away box. A piece of junk. After that, I only buy brands I know. A Coleman lantern. Carter's kids socks. I will never again buy clothes or shoes unless I've seen and tried on the exact item in a store.
3) They make it clear there are no returns, so it's hard to complain about that either. That problem is taken care of as long as you order only what you're sure about - brands you know, sizes you're sure of, etc.
4) Based on shipping time and no return policy, I rarely even look at Zulily. I stopped the daily emails and just go to the website when I'm looking for an interesting gift and have plenty of time. Obviously, I'm not a big fan of Zulily, but contrary to many reviews here, I've had extremely positive experiences with their Customer Service department. I used to shop Zulily more than I do now. On 3 occasions what I got was not what I ordered. In one case I ordered a cute wood toy. There were 2 versions - one for a boy, one for a girl. I received the wrong one - and when I contacted them they said they were sorry. They would send me the correct toy. I asked about returning the original (assumed they would pay postage), but they said I could just keep it.
Another time I ordered booties (NOT a brand I knew). They were adorable and quality was fine, but they were for a 3-mo old baby and they were huge! I measured them and took a picture with the ruler in the photo. They didn't have a replacement, so they refunded my money - and again told me to keep the booties.
So I have mixed feelings. They are what they are. Their sales model is not one I like, so I stopped getting their emails and just check them out occasionally. It's fun to browse Zulily, but I don't take them very seriously.
P.S. I have Amazon Prime. Not only do I love the 2-day shipping, but Amazon generally has great prices, often the same as Zulily's "sale" price.

marilynb31
11/6/15

I ordered several hundred dollars worth of clothes from SammyDress, NastyDress & Zulily. I believe they are all the same company. I read the sizing chart carefully. I am a size 12. The reviews (which I suspect they wrote themselves) states that the clothing runs large. I got size large for most (not much comes in XL) & all the XL they had for the clothes I wanted. One XL tee could be worn as a dress (or a car cover) if you were a size 22 -all the rest were barely size 4s. They are ugly - don't hang right, have exposed threads, ragged seams & are made out of flimsy nightgown material. One shirt ripped when I just put it on a hanger. The shipping costs are more than the clothes - it more than doubles your bill. And everything comes jammed in plastic envelopes (I got 7 dresses & 4 blouses crammed in one envelope that was just a tiny bit larger than my hand. Returning things is ridiculous & expensive & time-consuming. Just save your money & don't give these guys a nickel. You will never get your money's worth - even if the crap was free. I'm thoroughly disgusted with these scam artists.

Tip for consumers: DON'T BOTHER!

nas307

11/5/15
I received a pair of boots that were well worn, and was quite upset, wrote a negative review.
Then managed to contact Service via phone, Robin was very courteous, and helpful, asked for photos . Thought I could do that but was unsuccessful yesterday. Today, my son assisted with the mechanics of transmission, and photos were sent.
I received a response within 10 minutes, the cost was credited to my account and a gift certificate credited to me. Well done, Robin for Zulily. Nancy Ann Smith

Tip for consumers: Good site. Wish I had a way to remove initial negative review.

kristinc12
11/5/15

I agree with everyone else. I wish I would have read here first. I first placed an order with Zulily with a brand and an I item I have been searching for. It was already three years old when they advertised it. I was so happy because I loved it and I ordered it. It took a long time. But thrilled to get it. The second LARGE order I made with them was so disappointing. I can cry. Products I bought for Christmas gifts, are so cheap I would be embarrassed to give them as gifts. Plus they smell so bad. The jewelry that is suppose to be Stirling Silver, is so thin that I couldn't even find it in the packaging. BAD BAD BAD..

jonid5
11/5/15

I ordered a Jim Shore figurine from them. So i thought they would have it in the ware house but they do not. So they had to order it from Jim Shore. My item was supposed to ship on the 10-11-15. That day passed with no item. I emailed them saying how horrible this service is and all they could say was give us a chance and heres $15 off your next order. i just called today to hear that the company still had not received my item and that it wasnt looking good! this was supposed to be a birthday gift! so if your planning on buying from this company dont waste your time or money!

kimberlyt19
11/5/15

I have had wonderful experience with Zulilly and I've been shopping well spent around 6-800 dollars so far for Christmas. The first time I ordered a glass pitcher it came broken.I called and they gave me a refund no problem. I waited for a few months then ordered Laura Ashley baby girls dresses. They came and were adorable. Then I began to rethink and started watching and well I have spent a boat load for Christmas.
For those of you complaining of how long it took...for crying out loud...the web site explains that to you! READ FIRST people. U buy from them at a discount. They then get it from the company of the item you bought. Then that is shipped to Zulilly. Then Zullily ships to you. It is all explained to you. If you're in such a hurry....don't shop Zulilly. Be patient. I have ordered many things from kitchen items, to craft items or kick knacks, purses. I have had not one single problem.
I would suggest if you're going to be complaining about the quality of items...it is NOT Zulilly's problem...they do not make this stuff. Research where you can, as I have done the company you're buying from. Read! Research! Patience! You can find really good deals here. Just be patient. Merry Christmas to All!

farzanah
11/4/15

I have made few purchase.All the item I bought are very very very poor quality although look nice in the picture.One jewelry came as broken.My stored credit has pilled up since they don't offer refund.Unless you don't know your brand really well like Michael Kors, or Kate spade , etc , don't buy.Even though you have to be aware , you might receive defective piece.
Stay away from small window cheap deal.

debbieb65
11/4/15

OK, it wasn't bad enough it took a month to get my items however, when I saw the quality I was shocked. The stuff was crap! Last time I'll ever order on Zulily!!

janinep3
11/2/15

Like everyone else, I couldn't believe how long it took to get my order! Being a first timer, I didn't read the return policy. Now I have a credit from a place I would never do business with again. Is there somewhere to donate credits to an organization so they can use them up?
Only thing I can think of to do with it. Mind you, who really wants synthetic blends that don't make it after a few washes?

patriciak40
11/1/15

I ordered a child's dress that was very cute. Instead, I received a very ugly children's sweater. When I called them to return it as a mistaken shipment, they said they don't take returns. Unfortunately, I never got around to returning it (despite what they said) or canceling my payment and fighting the credit card charge. Don't order anything. It's a scam.

corlial
11/1/15

The top I ordered was not what I received. Poor quality and they don't accept returns.

crystald18
11/1/15

I'm still waiting for my order after a month and they haven't given me any updates . I would not order from them again.

daphnae1
11/1/15

Zulily has quite a few European brands at steep discounts that you can get nowhere else. Everything has a sizing chart on it and you really need to read those carefully as European sizes are vastly different than US sizes. I usually focus on the known brands rather than items made especially for Zulilly. The descriptions always say when things are made especially for them. I find that these items tend to be made of cheaper materials. I have gotten them on occasion, though, and have gotten a lot of compliments on the styles. Some items aren't such a great deal, especially when considering shipping, so you just really have to read carefully. Their customer service is responsive, but not that helpful. Once there was a set of underwear advertised, but nowhere in the description did it say how many pairs were included in the set. I wrote to customer service and they were unable to answer my question. Not a good site if you need immediate gratification, as things usually take quite a while to ship. This is part of their business model and they are very up-front in estimating when something will be shipped. Usually they are pretty on-target. If something doesn't get shipped by the estimated date, they send you an email with a link if you don't want to wait any more and want to cancel.

tammyb38
10/31/15

I just checked out their site and seems as bogus as Sammy Dress, which they try to rip off customers any chance they get. I'm sticking with companies that are in the US. these Japanese or Chinese companies should have to pay some sort of penalties for scamming customers

joycec23
10/31/15

You cannot really get your money back with this company, only a store credit. This is a rip off in my opinion. Get with it Zulilly. So will use Amazon in future. Also Amazon doesn't take up to 3 weeks to ship your item.

olgaf3
10/30/15

The reason we need government regulations in industries is to protect us from Internet companies who sell fake items. I ordered two dresses from Zulily. They are made of Incredibly strange and cheap material- on par with the same material Halloween costumes are made out of- built to last a few wears and will fall apart when you wash it. I am so angry at myself right now, and I feel I have no recourse. No more on-line shopping from weird companies that have the taint of a scam. Let my pain be a lesson.

christinas47
10/30/15

I bought a couple of things from Zulily and when I eventually received them I was very disappointed with quality and beleive the products they send out are just cheap reproductions. The shirt I ordered had tiny sequence all over it that would have been visible on the pictures they gave on the website. When I looked at the photo again and enlarged it there was no sequence and the item description did not mention any embellishments also some of the details were missing and it was definitely not made of the same material that the item description said it was. I also ordered a wallet which looked like one I could get at the wholesale stores in the city I believe it was another replica of what they had on their website. What you see is definitely not what you get. They have a no return policy for a reason they don't want their own cheap crap back.

noushinn
10/30/15

I order about 10 items/month, have hardly had any problems with the items, and if there's ever any issues they have always quickly resolved it.

georgiah5
10/30/15

I just received part of my order and every garment was made of the cheapest polyester (nylon), thinnest crap they could find. Strings hanging off of everything. The "comparative discount" prices are misleading! No one ever paid that price for these items!! Strings hanging off of everything, obviously seen in a hurry. Even the clothing tags are cheap. So basically, this is the type of stuff I'd expect to pay $10 for in the downtown Los Angeles "garment district." To top it off, you can't return anything and at least if you went to a discount store you'd know what you're paying for.

cindyo5
10/29/15

When you're buying something you can't return, you take a chance the fit is right. But the prices were too good to pass up. I bought some tops that were marked for juniors so I went up a size & it was perfect. I also bought an avalanche jacket that also fits perfect and the quality is great on both items. The only down side is that I waited a couple of weeks and it may be another for the other 2 items but the price makes it worth it. I will definitely buy again. The quality is about what you would get at a kohl's or similar place.

alejandraf
10/29/15

Completely paid for and it took so long to be shipped. I was excited about my purchase but it took so long that I don't even want my items. I don't even want to deal with returning.

laurad72
10/29/15

I've been ordering from Zulily for a long time. Although I do it very rarely as of late. I get the concept and know it will take a month plus to get anything from them. Some deals can be found on Zulily, but buyer beware! Unless it is a name brand item, I would caution very strongly from purchasing. Sizing is NOT accurate on over 1/2 of the items. Very disappointing, especially with no returns allowed, to order a top that should fit you according to their size chart, only to find that it measures INCHES smaller than what is listed in the chart. Crazy, but true! Clothing is very difficult to purchase at Zulily with most items being 100%, or high percentage of polyester. Quality is below average. Sizing charts are NOT accurate. But when they have known brand names, you can find a good deal. Just don't get your panties in a bunch if it takes 6-8 weeks to get your stuff....because sometimes it will, not kidding. NO RETURNS ever, this is another killer to this site. There are many other options out there that are better then Zulily.

kathp2
10/29/15

I have ordered from Zulily many times and never had a problem with delivery, quality or size. OK, it takes longer to arrive than the Amazon prime stuff, and I have never tried to return anything, but I knew it would take several weeks and am willing to wait for really cute, inexpensive items from a foreign land. So if you're in a hurry or need to be sure each item is pristine, order from a different site. Me, I'll take the discount, order thing bigger than I usually do (I kinda like some of my clothes to be roomy) - I am 5"2' 110 lbs so I get Mediums. Shoes and boots seem to fit right, if you know your European size. So all of you naysayers - try Nordstrom.

pauletteg2
10/29/15

Has anyone else had a problem getting a refund or correspondence from Zulily? I've been waiting and have contacted them about a dress a returned (which looked nothing like it did on line). Still no reply from them.

darlas6
10/27/15

How long should my order take for boots? I only ask for regular delivery.... it has been 3 weeks now since I ordered. If I choose faster delivery by paying the extra shipping cost would I get it much quicker?

pamw30
10/27/15

I love the site and would like to buy more but the no return policy is a problem. I ordered 3 tops my first order in large and one was fine the other two were huge and went in the giveaway pile. My second order was for a top, a jacket and the Jayli wine tie-dye patchwork skirt - the top went in the give-away pile, the skirt is a joke - just a big piece of stiff ugly fabric that only has a vague resemblance to the photo - it went in the trash. I see many things I'd like to buy but realize I'm better off throwing my money down the drain.

jenniferk71
10/26/15

I absolutely Love Zulily! Sounds like the negative feedback comes from people who don't realize they wait on the company to ship the item, and some items take longer, and Zulily shouldn't be slammed for offering deals coming from other companies! I give them a 10

emilyh42
10/26/15

This company is very hit or miss on what they offer. As a plus-size woman, I like the prices, but so many of their tops are see-through and don't look that way in the photos. I've been ordering for several months from them and have donated at least half my items to the thrift store. Only order brands you recognize from them. I suspect a lot of their items are cheap Chinese goods.

artc17
10/26/15

I ordered two items from Zulily on September 2. Five weeks went by before the first item arrived. I then received an email saying that the second item was currently unavailable, but I could choose to wait another 30 days or cancel the order. I cancelled the order and received an immediate refund of $2. Two days later I received the balance of the refund. If I'd known that it would take 5 weeks to get something, I wouldn't have ordered. When ordering for infants or toddlers, they can grow out of the item before it's ever received. Doubt that I'll be ordering again.

carolb90
10/25/15

The actual rating is O stars. In August, I ordered 7 pair of matching pi's as gift for 7 grandkids for Thanksgiving. We are only together every other year. One pair did not arrive and was cancelled today, Oct 25, 2015. The pajamas were in stock when ordered but Zulily shipped my order to somebody else ....... Unbelievably poor business practices!!!!

ellend12
10/25/15

I am a size 14 Ordered EX and they so small would not fit my left arm. Will not try again.

kr2444
10/24/15

I placed an order the first week of September, and I still have not received it. I am extremely frustrated with their delivery time, and they should do something to improve this service. It should not take over 6 weeks to receive an order.

janed116
10/24/15

First and last time for me with zulily! The clothes looked so cute and prices so reasonable, I got sucked in to the too-good-to-be-true delusion. I placed the order over a month ago, and zulily just isn't sending the order! Further, it seems they think they can convert my money to store credit, though they acknowledge they don't have the items I ordered? Crazy.

erikag7
10/23/15

I have been a zulily customer for almost 3 years. I have purchased shoes, clothes, outerwear etc. The sizes are hit and miss at the best of times, and while I have always found the strike-through prices to be inflated, it hasn't been enough to stop me shopping. Until now. The quality of the garments has become so poor that the strike-through is completely laughable. Even the "discount" prices they offer are much more than the products are worth. Many items are final sale, so you are stuck with the ill-fitting or poor-quality items. Very disappointing. There are better sites out there. Don't waste your money here.

leahg15
10/22/15

As long as you read everything to know what to expect, this site is great. Since they offer many brands, sizes can vary. Shipping is also varied depending on if product is in stock. Some things have arrived within days, others in a couple of weeks. I had only one product to return and they simply replaced it and said donate the old one to charity!

Be a smart consumer and READ!

deetth
10/21/15

The sizing is so far off. I ordered a tunic and pair of pants both in large. The pants are way to small ad the tunic is way to big. Will not order again.

lynnv11
10/20/15

Wish measurements, color and better descriptions/care instructions were available. Have ordered several girls dresses (all VERY nice) and girls shoes/boots, several craft kits (good value) Also lovely Spode mugs (capacity shown) and more. Ordering a single item can be expensive with delivery charge.

xxxxxx8
10/20/15

Every time I've ordered from this website, everything has come within the time frame it said it would. I think a lot of people complaining did not check the description where it said it would take x number of days before it would ship and then 5-7 days to ship.

Everything was of great quality and authentic. I would recommend shopping with them.

If you don't want to wait for shipping delays, then you can purchase from the ready to ship option.

kathym70
10/20/15

I placed an order on September 13, 2015.
The first piece of the order was delivered to my old address, so before the other pieces shipped, I made a phone call to get the new address in place.
After waiting for well over a month for these pieces to arrive, I decided to place a phone call to zulily to find out what happened to the shipment.
I have never been so frustrated by ordering online as I have been ordering through this website.
Unreliable shipping, the order I was so anxious to receive got lost in transit due to a typing error made by the person I spoke with on the phone. Tough luck for me, there are no replacement pieces to ship.
This is not the first time for such an experience through this company for me.
If you don't mind never receiving the product that you're so looking forward to getting, or how long it takes to get to your home or even if it gets to your home, then by all means, order!
The products I've purchased have been great, the prices are wonderful!
HOWEVER, I don't see myself ordering again.
It's worth it for me to order from places like amazon, just so that I KNOW I will get the products that I've ordered.

Order # 729952237

melindag7
10/19/15

I have had nothing but good experiences with Zulily. I ordered an item and it was broken. When I contacted them, they refunded me fully and sent me a credit to apologize. I ordered another item that never came in. They did the same. When I ordered and had a family emergency, I contacted them and they refunded, no questions asked. I love Zulily and recommend them.

ketcha
10/19/15

I spent five minutes simply trying to get into the sight. I tried two different emails. I simply wanted to see what they had to offer. 7 attempts, 2 emails, and I gave up. Shopping should not be so difficult, or behind an iron fortress. Don't waste your time here. Stinks.

cathyh20
10/18/15

I have ordered a lot of products from zulily. Especially in the children's section as they have a great selection of high end products at a great price. My only complaint, and I'm getting to the point where I don't know if it's worth purchasing any longer is the delivery time. It just takes sooooo long to get anything. Average at least 3 weeks. I'm waiting on 4 items right now that I ordered on Oct 7th (it's the 18th). The socks are still pending delivery to zulily and other things are "being prepared". I have had to cancel one item in the past because it just wasn't coming in and I had almost forgot I had ordered it. So, if you don't mind waiting there are some good deals to be had, as for me I'm a bit tired of waiting. I've got a package coming from Etsy via Turkey and it's going to get here first.

dorothyb23
10/17/15

I have order over 60 items so I have learned a lot about this company. Biggest thing to know is READ SIZE CHART before you order. You are ordering designer clothes and a few companies say they offer a size 3X BUT IS ONLY A SIZE 18. The quality has always been very good and true to form! Also you can NEVER SEND ANYTHING BACK. But customer service will return your money if it is the wrong thing or wrong size. Also if you ask they will also return your shipping charges and may give you a courtesy gift of money (remember ask!). Yes sometimes it take quite awhile to get the product. Only one time they over sold the item so order was cancel. One thing I like, if out of product you can be put on a waiting list and most times within a few days it comes back in. Things are only available for 3 days so order when you see it & must pay to lock in the order. Love the one time per 24/7 shipping charge. Beware order one thing then come back and order the rest (I order a few things & my shipping charge was more than the bottom line of shipping cost.) Their time runs from 3:00am-2:59am ET time. The place is in CA. SO I SAY GET! IT IS REALLY WORTH THE SHIPPING TIME (has never been over a month & that was only twice. Most times are around 2 weeks.)!!! The cooking tools are so neat because I don't find a lot of them out in the local stores and if so cost so much more. PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ WHAT THE COMPANY HAS TO SAY ABOUT THEIR PRODUCT. I have bought purses/shoes/dresses/jewelry/pants/kitchen tools/household goods/school supplies & etc... When you still have questions about the product you can always go to the product company. I have always found that you are paying so much less than on the product companies site. I sure hope I have answered your questions but always remember in doubt don't order because you cannot return it. However you can always donate the product to places like GOODWILL and get a tax write-off if it doesn't fit. Got wrong thing twice so learned the customer service system. Was offered and given the shipping cost & courtesy gift. PS: They speak English! Don't forget ask others to order on this system for your free gift when they order.

133 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zulily staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
1 week ago
Add your answer
1 week ago
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Zulily staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

30 Photos for Zulily