US Government's NSF

Tel: (877) 779-5615 or (888) 826-6564
service@zulily.com

686 Reviews for Zulily.com

Review Highlights

It was received into the post office from UPS on 6-18-11.

Invited friends and family in order to get store credit.

My grand-daughter will probably not fit in the shoes by the time they come.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

1/29/14

I have purchased many things from Zulily. Most of the stuff is just as pictured, clothing sizes fit normal but also depends on the brands you are ordering. The things that haven't fit, been delivered on time, or weren't as pictured I called them and they not only gave me a refund but also credit on my Zulily account and told me to keep the item and not worry about returning it. Honestly Zulily has some of the best customer service I have ever dealt with. The only down side of Zulily is how long it takes to get the items you ordered, which is why I gave it only 4 stars. Usually it takes about a month give or take. Also they just raised their shipping rate from $5 to $8 and it still takes just as long. I think they should speed up their shipping for raising the price, but as long as you're okay waiting for your items it's a good, trustworthy site.

1/29/14

I actually had an awesome experience -- I ordered two pairs of shoes on sale for my daughter. One fit; one didn't. I emailed to ask about the return policy and customer service replied, "We credited your account for the purchase price. You don't have return the shoes. We suggest you donate them to a charity."

1/29/14

Just placed my first order. Thank goodness it was for a small purchase of $20. The jacket in question was about 4 sizes too small, with sleeves made for a gorilla and the cheapest fabric I have ever seen. OMG it is going to Goodwill tomorrow.
I would never trust this site again as they offer cheap merchandise with super inflated prices to make you feel you are getting a great bargain. Trust me no bargains here.

1/29/14

I placed two orders a day apart, I recieved the later one on time, but when I opened it, it was complete JUNK! I couldn't believe it! this vest looked like it had been through a paper shredder! WTH? so I was worried what the rest of my order would turn out like and didn't have high hopes. I recieved a dress two sweaters and two tops. The dress sweater and top were all sewn by a blind person! or someone something completely incompetant! seriously who makes this crap? I can't figure out how one side of this shirt is two inches longer than the other side buttons clearly not center in middle and was flippen rediculous! telling all my freinds DO NOT SHOP here!

1/28/14

Purchased a pair of boots for the grandchild from zulily.com . It took them 14 days to even ship the item. Am really disappointed in this company.

1/27/14

No returns. Give me a break! It's 2014! What reputable on-line retailer doesn't allow returns or promote utmost customer satisfaction?! I will never use them again & encourage all my friends do to the same.

1/27/14

I did not want to access this website because they require registration first (scam), so I looked for reviews to see if it would be worth registering. I loved the fact that one of the best reviews talked about how great zulily is because when they sent the ordered item in the wrong size it wasn't hard to get it replaced. Your standards are very low...

1/26/14

Poor quality and SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW shipping. Not worth it even if prices are low - Important to remember if something seems too good to be true, it most likely is!

1/25/14

I just received my first order from Zulily and could not be more pleased. After reading all the negative reviews, I wasn't sure what to expect. My order only took a couple of weeks to get here. This is NOT a site where you can order at the last minute, because of their system. They don't place the orders until the "event" is over, and they tell you that up front. I got an adorable summer dress for $19 that I can't wait to wear, and matching necklaces for my daughter and her best friend that they're going to love. The quality of everything was very good. I just placed my second order.

1/25/14

I ordered a gift for my son on here in the beginning of December. It did not arrive by christmas or within the month after that. Apparently there was a shipping issue and they could not send it now. They held my money for 2 months and disappointed my son greatly. Avoid this site and dont give them your money. They are a SCAM.

1/24/14

I have ordered so many things from this website! Everything from clothes for my kids to boots for me and clothing. Everything has been in perfect condition when it arrived and it always arrives close to when they have said

1/23/14

Using my tablet it is impossible to sign in. Tried repeatedly with no success, tablet keyboard obstructed the sign in box, no issue with other sites. Must assume it is poor design . . . coupled with the fact you are not allowed to browse the site without signing up is a poor business practice.

1/22/14

I have placed many orders through Zulily and have a mixed opinion of them.
Pros:
-They have a lot of super-cute clothing items at amazing prices (sometimes, see cons)
-Their customer service really can't be beat. Every time I've received a wrong/damaged/defective item they return the money and give me a $10-$20 credit depending on the customer service agent I get and how many items I'm complaining about. I've had them, on one occasion, refund me for things that were just fine as an "I'm sorry" gesture. I've also had them re-send out one item that they did have in stock currently instead of refunding the money and I received it only a few days later instead of the standard 3 week wait.
-The refer a friend money is a nice little bonus.
-I have gotten many, many items that I've been over-the-moon happy with.
-Though I have had a LOT of messed up merchandise sent to me, I have eventually ended up with stuff I like a lot and CAN use... In fact, I only continue to order through Zulily because they do the $10 credit as an "I'm sorry" gesture. I've come out far ahead in the end so long as I was willing to follow up with the e-mails complaining about things that were actually defective.

Cons:
-I have received a LOT of items that have either worn out terribly, come with holes in seams, are the wrong item, are the wrong size, are not as described, or are very clearly merchandise that didn't make the cut from quality control by the maker. As in, I've had about 15 items that I've had to complain about BUT all but one were returned in full, given a $10 credit for, and I was able to keep the merchandise. Some of the merchandise was usable, but wrong or damaged. For instance, I have a pair of pants that came with a hole in the seam. I was refunded for it, but the hole is in an area that, though the material is not one that I can just repair it, you cannot see the hole and it is stable. So I can still wear the pants. Or, I was sent the wrong color dress so it was refunded but I was able to keep and wear another, pretty dress.
-Shipping takes a long time, but they say that flat out. I dislike how long it takes but when I make purchases I keep that in mind. If I want a bathing suit for my daughter, for example, I assume I won't have it for a couple months so I would only consider purchasing that season's bathing suit no later than April and if she is getting ready to outgrow a size, I size up.
-Some "great prices" aren't so great. I know for a fact the B. (Battel) toys are FAR cheaper at Target. I found a couple other outfits that were cheaper on Amazon and they sell Alva diapers that have been rebranded (which is allowed by Alva) and sold at much higher prices than Alva's alone. Alvababy.com sells their diapers for about $5 a piece with an insert (cloth diapers) and always has completely free shipping. Zulily will sell them for $10-25 under different names and charges shipping...
-Which brings me to another con: shipping prices. No matter what you buy, the shipping is $7.99. That's not a big deal if you spend a ton of money on there but it's ridiculously irritating and limiting if, say, I wanted to buy some cut hairclips for a couple bucks. Well, I can't, because I refuse to pay $8 in shipping charges for something that could be tossed in an envelop and mailed with a regular stamp.
-Lastly, I'm fairly certain that everything they sell is not the same quality you can find in the stores. Sometimes seams are off a little, sometimes there's something uneven or unbalanced or wrong. Their descriptions could be much more informative and accurate on the website and you don't always know the brand of what you're buying.

So I guess my overall impression is that they are not scammers, but they make money by selling subpar merchandise and hoping no one complains about it. But they do stand by the merchandise and refund it when you bring up the problems.

1/20/14

This is my 3rd time to order. The first order took about 4 weeks (in which I knew would take that long). The quality of material was pure garbage and was what I would consider "a screwed up sewing job". The second order was made on November 15, 2013 and I still haven't rec'd - they told me it was due to FedEx Christmas disaster - Uh, what?
Yes, I went for a 3rd order (placed on Jan 1, 2014) We'll see if Zulily can redeem themselves....if so, I'll raise my star rating!

1/19/14

I ordered an infant dress from Zulily from the manufacturer "Truffles Ruffles". The order arrived close to the time promised (approximately 3 weeks after placing order) BUT the merchandise was junk! The dress and headband appeared to have been recently made, never steamed, pressed or even had the stray sewing threads removed. In other words, no finishing work had been done. The photos and description of the items were vastly different than the items received. I could have purchased a thrift store dress and had a better result. NEVER AGAIN will I trust a merchandiser on Zulily.

1/19/14

Why so many bad reviews?I have had nothing but great service from Zulily. For
example.I ordered a baby outfit in size 0-3 months but was sent a 12 month size.
Zulily credited my credit card for the amount and gave me a 10.00 credit. also told me to keep the 12 month outfit. All the clothes I ordered, and I have been using Zulily for 3 years have been high quality..I will always recommend this site to my friends.The site explains their shipping process and lets you know that you will not have quick shipping,

1/18/14

I wish I had read these reviews first. Ordered boots and they looked very different from the photo. Material was incredibly cheap, didn't fit, and had defects. Clearly mass produced crap from China...I spent $17 and honestly would not have taken them even if they were free. With shipping it came to about $25. Thoroughly disappointed and feel really deceived by the photos they posted. Will never shop here again.

1/17/14

I should have known better after the shoes I ordered from then that you couldn't even put on because the strap over the shoe had no give. Today I received a ring I ordered in a size 9 for my daughter and although it has a tag that says size 9, it doesn't even go on my size 8 finger.

I ordered a beautiful futurre Christmas dress for my great-granddaughter and know that will fit as it will be a few years for her to grow into it.

1/16/14

Would love to check out the website but it REQUIRES you to input your email address before you can even LOOK. Ridiculous. I don't want to be receiving emails from someone who won't even deign to allow me to look at their products. Seems like blackmail. Who ARE these people?

1/15/14

I placed an order on Dec 19 for two utility baskets - two different sizes and two different colors. When I received them on Dec 30, they were wrong - they are both the same color. I contacted Zulily on Dec 31 to report the issue. They said they need to contact their vendor to see if they have the correct stock available to send to me, or else they will refund me. I STILL HAVE NO ANSWER! I've sent 3 or so follow up emails checking on the status, to be told again and again that they are STILL waiting to hear back from the vendor. They said due to the holidays, blah, blah, blah. The holidays are over! AVOID ZULILIY! Pain in the butt. Jean was very helpful when I made the initial call - she asked me to provide a photo, which I did within' 5 minutes. Now, I'm outta sight, outta mind apparently.

1/15/14

MAKE SURE YOU USE PAYPAL! At least paypal will stand behind the AWFUL products you receive! The products MUST be SECOND QUALITY! and my guess it is left over merchandise from a different country. I made the MISTAKE of ordering a bra... in a d cup, don't know what universe it was from but the cup size was more like a A cup! and then they had the nerve to say it was an "intimate" apparel and they couldn't or should i say WOULDN'T DO ANYTHING. I reported them to paypal!

1/15/14

I haven't ordered anything from this site and I won't. I kept seeing these ads with cute clothes from Zulily and I clicked on one of them to be greeted by this box that requires your email address before you can even browse the site. Maybe after browsing the site I won't want to purchase anything and then I would be stuck with a bunch of ad email from them for their products. No Thanks!

1/14/14

I am soooo dissapointed! I ordered two items on Jan 1, 2014. One was a pair of gray tights/yoga pants which aren't here yet. The other was a really pretty hanging vase. Rustic metal with a chain holding a glass vase. I got it today....CRACKED AND BROKEN WITH A PIECE THAT JUST FELL OUT!! They didn't even have enough bubble wrap around it to keep it from getting broken!! These orders can sometimes go through a lot of rough handling.....we all know this......so why would it not be wrapped heavily. I'll NEVER order from them again and sending it back? I shouldn't have to waste my time. Even if they paid for me to ship it back, it is a waste of my time....and the first time ordering from them too.....LESSONS LEARNED. (sad right now) :(

1/14/14

I ordered items on 12/26. They are still not here. I have wasted so much time tracking my packages and at this point they seem to just be lost in space. UPS says they are with the post office but the post office shows they still havent received the package from UPS. None of the items are returnable, and for $9 in shipping (for only $30 worth of merchandise) I expect them to arrive in a timely fashion. Never again.

1/14/14

I have ordered several things from Zulily. I have loved the jewelry. What I don't like are the clothes. I ordered two dresses (two different brands) and both were horrible. One was a junior size XL when I was lead to believe this was a a women's. the other dress was so cheaply made I could have made it myself. Both items were not eligible for return. I will not shop here again.

1/13/14

Stay away from this place!! Order christmas gifts on December 2nd, guaranteed to be here for christmas. Ya right. Our order didn't even ship until December 28th and we finally received it, well part of the order, on January 13th. When ever you call you get a song and dance excuse for this that and the other. Buyer beware!!!

1/12/14

At First I was very excited about the possibility of getting the cool items they have on their website, but unfortunately I didn't have a good experience. I had finalized my order on Dec 13th , hoping I would get these items by Christmas, and then they sent me an email a week later stating that it would be shipped by Dec 29th. Then I got another email, stating I needed to confirm my online purchase again as they had not deducted the funds from my account.
Bottom line- ordering the site's products was not user friendly and not customer service oriented. It was unfortunate since I liked a lot of things on their website.

Maria R

1/10/14

I am totally bewildered by the one star ratings for Zulily! My experience has been the best--great clothing, books and toys for our grandchildren and superb household items and affordable clothing for their parents.None of the items which I received could be considered of inferior quality.Much of my shopping for Christmas was done at what I consider a fabulous site. Furthermore, I have found the customer service team to be responsive and pleasant. Zulily will always be the first place I go to shop!

1/10/14

I have ordered several things from zulily and most of the items have been pretty good, although a couple have not met the quality I expected. After this last order I am done with this site. I thought I was getting a pair of black shoes and when they show up they are actually navy. The website description, picture, and packing slip all said black. Now I have to go through the difficult return process. This was a complete misrepresentation and I won't be using them again.

1/10/14

Of the 9 items I ordered and was charged for, 4 were not as advertised and of inferior quality.
Their practices of advance billing, up to 4 weeks for delivery and switching items certainly are not in the consumers interest.

1/9/14

Zulily is a great website if you enjoy waiting a month to be sorely disappointed in your purchase. I've purchased a couple tops and a pair of boots and nothing has been as described. It has all been cheaply made and very poor quality. I had blown up the pictures and scrutinized the items and size charts before ordering, and everything has been too small. The description of the boots had measurements. I used a measuring tape to measure my feet and calves to make sure they would fit. They were too small because the measurements on the site were wrong. Even though Zulily made the mistake and misrepresented their product, they still won't give me a refund. I've filed a complaint with the BBB about this company.

1/7/14

Live and learn.........Zulily does not supply return labels and only gives store credit. Does NOT refund your credit card.

Syracuse, NY

1/7/14

I am not sure why there are so many negative reviews about Zulily here. I just started using the website before Christmas to get some gifts for my family. All the items came before Christmas, even a couple that were supposed to be delayed until after Christmas. The quality was great. I ordered an area rug for my living room after Christmas and it came promptly and was great quality and looks wonderful. I recommend the website and have had good experiences so far.

Julie

1/5/14

I ordered an infinity scarf and blouse in November before Thanksgiving, I got it just before Christmas. That aside, when I got the products, they smelled like smoke or something else not fresh. I noticed the quality of the scarf was terrible but I figured I could still make it work. There were no washing instructions only a tag that said 100% acrylic. I put it in a mesh bag and washed in cold water, hung to dry. It looks horrible and is unraveling. I knew I wouldn't buy again from his site when I called to check on my items and was told they don't have the items they order them from a third party then they are shipped to them and then to customer, some mess like that. Anyway, looks like I ordered a scarf from someone's basement. Never again.

1/5/14

I have grown to love Zulily over the years. The first time I made a purchase, I was disappointed with the length of time it took to receive the item. However, Zulily does explain why their items take longer to ship and now I order with this understanding in mind, knowing it will take some time to receive an item. I have made hundreds of purchases through the site and I am satisfied with my purchases about 90% of the time. There have been items that I have received that seem to have defects from the manufacturer....material sewn crooked, mislabel of the size, etc. Every time I have felt I like I did not receive what I paid for, I email Zulily and their customer service is exceptional. They do not accept returns, but I feel they are very fair in how they deal with a situation like this. I have either a received a full refund or a store credit or even both for items that were not up to par. Because I know this and thus far have had good experience with how they handle these situations, I continue to shop with them. As long as I feel like I am getting what I pay for and that Zulily will back this up, I will be a loyal customer :)

1/5/14

Zulily started out as a wonderful place to find a reasonable deal on some unique items. Now it is nothing but a sweat shop churning out ill made and cheap clothes. Unless I'm buying a brand that I absolutely know will be high quality such as Keen or Columbia, I have sworn them off. In one instance I thought I was buying GUESS brand clothing for my little girl and it ended up being a knock off. There have been at least two times that I was charged for an item and it did not arrive.

1/4/14

Unimaginably horrible customer service. Zulily implied I was stealing merchandise by denying delivery - refused to refund for non-delivery. Courier service in Italy unreliable - they have major follow-through problems. Customer service reps mostly rude and condescending. For a now public company it is unacceptable behavior. They are the opposite of what Amazon is..

1/4/14

I understand a lot of people had terrible experiences shopping here, so I was pretty worried after I made a purchase, but everything turned out great for me. I got an adorable, comfy sweater like $30 cheaper than I would have at another site, the size and quality was perfect, and it arrived like a week after I ordered it. A lot of people may have gotten screwed over by this company, but I wasn't one of them. Lucky me!

1/2/14

First off, Zulily is very upfront about their shopping plan on their site. It takes a long time. I think some people are not reading this before ordering. The shipping times are very inconsistent. The reason I'm not ordering from them again is because of how they charge for what you buy. It's a confusing PITA. When you order, they charge you (authorization). Next, you'll see a reversal. Then when you're item actually ships, you'll see another charge. This is asinine. Nobody else I deal with she's this. You are charged when your item ships, period! No authorizing and reversals; if your card I'd declined, your ish doesn't ship, plain and simple! Zulily took a good idea and made it horrible. Just avoid unless you see a really good deal, but be prepared for the shipping wait and credit card shenanigans.

1/2/14

I ordered emilie m.Black Jane Shoulder Bag & Essentials Box Set for my daughter for Christmas, and when she opened the package, there was only the bag...none of the other items. There should have been a wallet, an umbrella and several other items. This is the 2nd time I've been screwed over by Zulily and I'm done with them.

1/2/14

I will never order from this website again and only wished I read the reviews here or any where before ordering. I ordered $280 worth of stuff 11 items this dec.1 I only recieved one thing I called them they told me they usually do this sometimes and it should be coming in soon. It is now jan.2 and nothing else arrived called today the guy told me they are having issues getting the rest of stuff...why wouldn't you contact your clients to let them know. I am so not happy with this website and their unprofessional way of handling their business. He told me since it is my first shopping experience with them they will give me a $50 credit with them as if I will even try shopping there again! NEVER AGAIN!!

12/31/13

I ordered a large toy (guaranteed to arrive by Christmas) and was sent completely the wrong item, well made but still the wrong item. I immediately reported on 12/20, it is now 12/31 and item is still unresolved and was not able to gift. Also ordered 5 children's outfits for Christmas and New Years grandaughter's birthday. All items were cancelled and never received. So I am left having to reshop everything, pretty much ruined my holiday.

12/30/13

This site showed up after an update to my samsung Galaxie3. I have unsubscribed twice now and still am being pestered. Stay away!!

12/30/13

BEWARE!!!!This site sells clothes from other sites! I've seen the clothes that they sell in other trusted websites and they sell them for double the price or even 3-4 times as much :/ and what surprises me is that the seller substitutes the original tag to their "brand" tag and makes it seem as if it's theirs... the other day I was looking at the kohls website and saw this baby dress for 10 dollars (clearance) and they were selling it in zulily for 30 WTF!!! Not buying from this website!!! Never}

12/29/13

I ordered from them before and was surprised by how LONG it took to get the items. I didn't receive them in time for the birthday they were for but decided to give them a shot at Christmas, as I figured I'd be safe if I ordered Early. I ordered on Dec. 6 and it is now Dec. 29 and no gifts yet. I had to rush out and emergency buy gifts for my 2 boys as I had nothing else for them!! Twice-burned by this company and that's the last straw....they won't see another order out of me. BTW...I ordered items from Yvesrocher and they arrived within a week!!!!

12/28/13

Constantly getting "seconds" from this company. From miss marked clothing, ill fitted clothing, different colors all together from site pictures, now to reading glasses with manufactured rubs in them making them useless. Just not worth the reduced price to get inferior quality items. I have been ordering from them for about 4 years now so I have lots of experience with them. I have to say they do have great customer service, always answering emails is the best thing going for them!

12/28/13

I ordered from Zulily many times, mainly shoes and clothes for my kid, books and some kitchen items. I was almost 100% satisfied with the quality of the product. with one exception, a paid of boots I got for here were really not a good fit, but I didnt complain too much for $12. kids shoes are so expensive for the amount of time that they wear them.
I do not like that it takes way too long to get the items and that there are no returns. when you order shoes it is hard to know they will fit. it would be good if they could accept returns on specific items.

12/28/13

The site has more than once misrepresented a item I purchased. I ordered a power vehicle (ride on for young child) for Christmas - only to receive one that was pedal controlled. They have yet to resolve the issue. “Power activated” was in the desciption. On more than one occassion, I’ve ordered product that has been misrepresented, in poor condition (missing parts/size wrong) - or not the item pictured. Their customer service has grown increasingly apathetic, and does not stand behind the products they represent. The site is clearly experiencing growing pains - and needs to rethink their core value proposition and customer service priorities. It’s unfortunate for a site that once relied on word of mouth and mom endorsements.

12/27/13

Order for kids placed on December 11th to be delivered on December 31st. Didn't get it in time for xmas and have no recourse. They never notified me it would take 20 days!

12/27/13

***BUYER BEWARE*** Ordered from the site what I thought was great looking material at discounted rates. I received my items after a bunch of mayhem with charging my credit card and then canceling the charge and sending me an email requiring me to call again and confirm payment info. The items were of very poor quality and the sizes were all completely off. The quality of one of the pairs of shoes looked like they couldve come from a beauty supply store..embellishment fell apart after one wear! VERY VERY DISSAPPOINTING..will not be ordering from here AGAIN.

The Best Baby Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber