US Government's NSF
katw

63 Reviews for Zillow.com

▼ Sort by: recent

4/17/14

Bogus leads, desperate agents clicking on paying realtors ads to test the site, a waste of money, $1200 later I'm out and not one sale! There is also a large number of old expired listings going back 3 years.. A total waste of my time and money, stay away!

4/17/14

Bogatov Realty Inc. signed up for Zillow leads service in December 2013.
We signed up for 2 zip codes- 33160 and 33154 – total cost per month $2500
The contract commitment is a minimum of one year.
That’s a total of $30,000 for the year.
Since December we did not receive one real lead.
Most of the phone numbers and emails are wrong and there is no response.
The leads who responded are out of state and are just looking around.
We asked Zillow to stop our contract. The cancelation fee is $6000.
This is a horrible service that does not provide any real leads.

4/14/14

Zillow.com is a joke. My wife accidentally browsed their website and found our house listed there, but the information about the house is completely wrong: nothing but the address is correct and they even got the house square footage off by 50%. I sent Zillow.com an email asking them to correct the misinformation since I could not find a contact number to call them. When I got the email reply back, I am stunned that they ask me to register on their website and correct the misinformation myself. How ridiculous is that? First of all, I have no interest to register on their website. Second, I did not create this misinformation and have no intention to make changes to something that I did not create. It makes me wonder how this company obtained, filtered, reviewed (for errors), and managed the housing data before they put it on their website. I would not trust the housing data on their website, nor do I want to do any business with them.

On a side note, it was not until I got to this website to post my review on Zillow.com did I realized that there have been so many negative reviews on them already. I would give them zero start if the web software allowed it.

4/7/14

My wife and I saw a home on Zillow that we absolutely loved. The Zillow "zestimate" was very close to our target purchase price. When the agent met us at the home, we realized that Zillow was not even close to the actual value of the home. Only about 500k too low!!! After further investigation, we discovered Zillow is regarded as a joke in the market. Don't waste your time with this site!!!

4/1/14

Zillow is hilarious! My agent told me to be careful looking at Zillow since values tend to be inflated . I watched my house here in Austin because values have been skyrocketing. Zillow increased the value of my property by thousands of dollars every month! Nice for me! Til January when I answered a survey from Zillow with a short response. I said I thought their values were slightly elevated. Little did I know that this would begin a gradual decline in my homes value! Little by little and day by day I have been downgraded in value. In the past six weeks I have lost 10% of the value of my house! No known market factor. In fact other nearby homes have continued to climb in value. I would love to have Zillow explain this to me. Is negative survey feedback cause to damage your homes marketability? I know their values are not accurate, but at what point does their estimate become a liability? Or, is this up to a jury?

3/23/14

NOTHING BUT LIES AND SCAMMERS FROM ACROSS THE WORLD MOSTLY PEOPLE FROM NIGERA,WEST AFRICA, AND A FEW RIGHT HERE IN THE STATES MAKE VERBAL CONTACT AND U KNOW RIGHT AWAY THAT THEY ARENT FROM THE STATES ZILLOW SHOULD BE HELD RESPONSIBLE

3/10/14

I am a orofessional home stager and thought it worth listing my service but my business never shows up in the PRO listings. I continually contact them but they never fix it. Don't waste your time with a free business listing.

2/23/14

I'm a renter trying to find a place in the Pacific Northwest and for the last month+ I've found the search results for Zillow to be infuriatingly inaccurate. Houses show up on my searches as being within my rent range (or get sent to me in daily bulletins of houses that match my search criteria) but when I click to see the detail the rent is hundreds of dollars higher. Other times both the search results and the details page match in rent for a few days, but will jump back up in price after a few days. I'm going to have to just give up on using this service to find my new place. Disappointing for sure.

2/23/14

I was shocked to see grossly inaccurate info on Zillow suggesting my $322K home sold two years ago for $60k ! One place on their site they say my home is worth $322K. On their little map of my neighborhood, they say it's worth $60k. This all because of refinancing info they were provided and completely botched. Now, they want me to jump through all kinds of hoops to get them to correct their mistake. Imagine the hassle if I try to sell my home and people look at the error-filled Zillow site and see their grossly inaccurate claims and actually believe them. Awful.

2/21/14

Value listings of properties are way off.

Went to a professional for the value of my old house, was a 3 bedroom; whole house needed rewiring, no light socket worked, bugs everywhere, nails sticking out, cabinets in kitchen falling off, etc. Professional said it was worth about 50$ a month for rent.

Zillow said 8500. This wasn't the only house where the estimate was way off. To this day, I've counted about 38.

2/14/14

Zillow has a shady big money making business going on. I'm a brand new agent. Licensed 1 month ago. I was given permission to post an agent's seller's listing (to be the buyer's agent) on Zillow. Well, after I posted it. I noticed 3 other agents on my post that have no association to me, the listing agent, the seller, nor my company. I was confused. I did a test contact to see if I would receive the message. I did not, but I got a reply from another agent's mortgage broker. I contacted Zillow to rectify this immediately and was very upset and they were able to bamboozle me into spending $219 a month to get a so-called wonderful service that would also eliminate the 3 agents on my posting. After a few hours of thought and research, I noticed none of the other seasoned agents at my agency have this "premier agent" service. Also their listings didn't have other agents. I called Zillow to get an explanation and she said it's because the agents listings are rentals. I corrected her telling her they are all SALES listing. After some time, and back and forth, she hung up on me because I was quite upset. She kept giving me the sales pitch. I kept telling her I'm new and have no income yet. Anyway, shame on me for letting her get away with selling me such a high priced and worthless service. I'm going through my credit card now to fix the problem. A lesson learned as a new agent :(

2/13/14

My husband and I are trying to sell our home and our agent said NOT to look at Zillow because of the consistent inaccuracies and now we believe her. We looked at our house which we built in 1989 and have never sold but the Zillow site reads that we have sold it for $45K and $100K. WRONG When using this site please don't believe what you read.

2/9/14

recently I had confirmation that Zillow uses an algorithm to estimate the value of premises based upon neighboring data, EXCEPT when they integrate feedback from local real estate agents. I wrote about this several times, however without concrete proof until I met a real estate agent that told me how I could buy a house for less by submitting his "estimate" online and then the price would be "correct".
While I wrote this to Zillow, no response nor adjustment ever came, so there is or a definitive fraudulent action going on to the advantage of a limited number of people or there is willful negligence in not correcting the issue. I am not the only one but probably thus far the only one who put this as internet fraud.

2/4/14

As a Realtor, I have been amazed by the arrogance of the people trying to sell you on advertising with their site. Extremely pushy and condescending. One even said if I didn't see the wisdom of signing a 12 month contract with Zillow, I must not be much of an agent. (I have closed more than $100 million).
Then when I thought I had negotiated a 6 mos contract, I discovered right at the last minute that the deal included an automatic renewal for another 6 months. Now, somebody please tell me how a 12 mos contract is different than a 6 month contract with an automatic renewal for another 6 months with the same terms? It was just their sales person doing some fast talking. Fortunately, I caught it just in time and cancelled the deal. AGENTS: Be careful with them!

2/4/14

It's just amazing to see amount of real estate information on that site. Recent sales, newest listings and many pictures. Very good site.

1/22/14

I am a Realtor. At first the site worked pretty well. However, the leads have dried up, and they go to so many agents they are worthless. Deceptive sales practices make it even worse, and good luck canceling (even if they lied about how long a commitment you were entering into).
Add in to this the fact that they take their info from our hard work (getting listings), and there is good reason to avoid this site. To add insult to injury, they shut down my email I use on my business cards and have not been able to get it back up and running.
Their reps are excellent at taking your credit card number and your money. Not much else, though.

1/21/14

I live in Las Vegas which was one, if not the worst place to own real estate during this recession. On one of my own properties they state it was sold in December of 2007 for $283,000. I purchased the home in 2000 for that amount but in 2007 placed it in trust and this was not a sale. The home at that time was probably worth around 750,000. I have asked them 3 times to correct the data as it does affect values. As a retired appraiser, I have also found that they are under estimating by about 20 to 30%. Unfortunately buyers do rely on this totally inaccurate site to help them make decisions when they are making offers.

1/19/14

When you consider that 17% of Zillows 100 million plus Zestimates are more than 25% inaccurate it is outrageous that they can peddle nonsense Zestimates the way they do. Think of the misery and potential financial damage that homeowners, suffering with an unwanted imposed erroneous Zestimate, and Zillow refuse all reasonable requests to correct or delete the nonsensical valuation that their flawed algorithm computes. When Zillow says that Zestimates are a "starting point" they are mis-leading as when Zillow refuse to correct Zestimates they become an "end point" too.

Even more interesting is that our elected representatives have failed to introduce any form of Regulation on Zillow and other AVM companies for the damage they cause to homeowners, as well as the chaos and confusion that incorrect Zestimates create in the home sales business. At the very minimum there should be a DoNotZestimate website that homeowners can opt out of Zillows nonsense in the same way as phone users can register with DoNotCall to opt out of spam phone calls.

12/9/13

As a listing agent, I find it downright pathetic that Zillow takes all of our hard work, photos, listings, descriptions, and measurements and then charges us agents to have our name next to it. And for everyone who says the agents never respond, let me tell you, when I get 10 emails a day for a $18,000 listing (I'm not kidding) and I reply to each of them within 10 minutes, regardless of the time of day or night and I never get a reply from my reply. after 3 months of that, and countless emails, you just don't care to take the time to look into the properties "window shoppers" any more. (Half of the stuff on Zillow is wrong anyway, If it's any kind of deal, its usually long gone by the time you see it.)

12/6/13

Zillow is a waste of time and of your money!!! If you are a realtor trying to get leads in this website DONT!! It give you wrong numbers and nothing but renters.. You might as well keep it old school and door knock! And for buyers it gives you listings that have been closed 2 or 4 years back false advertising all the way.. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON THIS WEBSITE!!

12/1/13

Their estimate for the property is 415k$ ans is listed for350k$ how come?
I think they push the price up artificially.
Big bull crap.

11/30/13

This site can be helpful, if you ignore the "Zestimates" and expect a lot of out-of-date listings. The Zestimate for my listing was about 30% high. Then it dropped suddenly by about 60%, and eventually sold for a price nowhere near ether figure. It's still listed on Zillow although it was sold almost two months ago. Instructions for removing the listing don't work. Neither do the instructions for reporting a problem. The mapped location for the address was about two miles off in the middle of a cranberry marsh.

11/27/13

Zillow is horrible, the status of my house is on sale, but I just bought it, how come? I really wonder it is a system error(programming mistake) or someone false post it? How we can trust Zillow because of all these constant false information. IT is really BAD!!

11/26/13

Love to use Zillow as it gives a lot of great information...I really like the home loan section to help me understand loan amounts.....excellent site for the none real estate person.

11/23/13

I was looking for buying a townhouse or small house in Ellicott City (MD). About 50% that I found on Zillow.com as "available to buy" were sold or under contract in reality. Finally I bought a townhouse in Dec 2012 for $290,000, however in Nov 2013, my townhouse was marked on the website as "Sold May 2013 for $318,000". Where does the site gain information about houses?

11/18/13

Zillow is completely useless, unless you are a realtor. I own a couple properties in a high rise, and listed one for rent. I am not a realtor, but I thought the site might be helpful. On the day that I listed one unit for Rent (October 1, 2013), the "zestimate" was $272,000, and the rental zestimate was at $1900. Today is November 18, 2013, and my condo "zestimate" is now 206,000 and the rental zestimate is 1671. The housing market has improved in my area over the past 2 months, and comps for the unit in question have sold for mid 260's this month (exact same floor plan, 3 floor above and 3 floors below). I did send an email complaining to zillow about why my property value has dropped significantly. I received a canned response stating that zillow evaluated based on comps. Of course, since I'm not a realtor, this site has artificially tanked my property value. Now, I disclaimed ownership of the condo, and noted that it just sold for $5,000,000. Let's see how zillow reacts to that.

11/11/13

Zillow has had incorrect information about my house for at least a few months now--ever since I discovered the site, at least. I have tried to contact them so they can correct the information, but they are not returning my emails and have not fixed the problem. For some reason, they put on their site that my house sold for $10,500 back in 2008. I have lived in this home since the end of 2006, and have never sold it. I only refinanced it this year (2013). I can only think that they must have my home confused with my neighbor's, since that was a foreclosed home. Either way, they are not fixing the problem. I would NOT rely on Zillow for accurate information.

11/7/13

Zillow is horrible, to say the least. They do not respond to emails or phone calls. There is absolutely No Customer Service, and if you happen to get any at all, they are simply terrible. They just don't care, bottom line! Their estimates for home pricing are way off!! They don't take into consideration improvements, neighborhood, etc. They go solely off of sq footage, it's a joke!

11/2/13

Although the site offers good general info about housing market trends, the property-specific info is not useful. I've been trying for 3 months to get someone to correct the property tax info on our home and no one has replied to my emails. They really don't care about providing accurate info.

10/20/13

They have undervalued our property for years and when we tell them they won't listen. The photo of our house was taken out a car window and in back of a street telephone pole (Absolutely a terrible photo)

10/14/13

I don't know where this site gets its information but my home was listed on here in foreclosure. I built and own my home and it has NEVER been in foreclosure. I have never even made a late payment. I am from a small town and was contacted by a friend wanting to know why my house was foreclosed. I was furious to find my home with pictures appraisal information and tax records posted on here! I wonder how many other properties are listed that should not be on here?

10/6/13

This is a real clever site. Great for Realtors. If you are a homeowner listing your property, your zillow zestimates, show your property worthless. But if it's a realtor listing with the same comparable, wham o, their property is zestimated for a lot more. I have sold many properties in the past, and have never seen a site like this. I have com parables, property tax estimates, recent sales, and property appraisals, to prove this. The site is a meat market for realtors. List at your own risk in the information age.

10/1/13

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. I advertised with Zillow for 6 months my account manager promised me I will get lots of lead and close on deals right away. Ended up spending close to $800.00 a month and covering 3 market places. Closed on no deals. Their information on Zillow is inaccurate to the consumer most of the homes I would get calls on are already sold some of their listings don't have addresses how do you work with a customer when their is no address. Their estimate is BS totally messes up the marketplace in a lot of ways. BEWARE AGENTS THEY ARE A SCAM ALL TALK NO RESULTS. LIARS

9/28/13

ZILLOW IS FULL OF SCAMMERS, BEWARE. I am now out of $1200NZ, an apmnt advertised on Cahuenga Blvd for rental, answered the advert, sent a deposit off to a person in the UK, using a real estate agent for bond holding and sending all the steps they would use for sending the keys/contract by DHL courier, locking in the bond, etc, the bond was collected and nothing else was heard from the person. I now am $1200NZ out of pocket, daughter has nowhere to live, and the next day I received another email from another scammer on a different property using the same story. The scammers are using REALTOR.COM as their front. DO NOT USE ZILLOW

9/6/13

Unless you want realtors calling you at all hours, DO NOT USE ZILLOW.
In the box for comments, I asked for the floor plans and interior pictures to a house, and in capitals wrote DO NOT CALL. I did this twice. Both times the real estate agents do not get the message, call me, and never send me the floor plans and pictures I want. What a waste.

8/21/13

Zillow is so far off on price estimates. They listed my house at 872K and it just sold for 1.05M. Makes you wonder why would anyone would use Zillow.

8/20/13

I'm an apartment manager, and listed fake ads for my units. Listing lower prices than what we charge, and we had no openings, but they put that a couple were open. I have contacted them TEN TIMES in six days. They keep saying they have taken it down, just looked, and it's still up. Isn't great that they get ad money for making things up. Now if you don't mind, I have to answer a call from somebody who thought they found the perfect place. Thanks Zillow!!

8/19/13

Why are all the listings grossly inflated ?a 3 bedroom for 2950 in NYC a place that's plagued by hate crimes is absurd . I won't be using this site anymore these prices are ridiculous.

8/3/13

They have allowed several New York City apt rental postings that have my phone number listed for contact - in the Seattle area. People call me wanting rental info, but so far no one has awakened me with a call from NY as we're 3 hours behind NY. Of course I tell them someone is committing fraud against me and it is allowed by zillow. Zillow security is a joke and I now need to be concerned about identity theft because of my info out there for the world to see.

8/2/13

Wow, what inaccurate information. I put my home for sale up there for about 20K less than the Zillow estimate. Then a few months later my home is mistakenly listed as "not for sale" and the zillow estimate of my property dropped about $90K! To fix this I have to pay for a listing, of course. That's how Zillow makes money. Wow, so no data on this site is accurate.

8/1/13

I have no problem with the site itself. It has obvious benefits to anyone interested in buying or selling real estate. I do have a problem, however, with their deplorable "customer service". If you're unfortunate enough to have a problem with your post or listing, good luck, there's no help to be found. Nobody home.

7/20/13

I've seen my home value go up and down over the past 5 or 6 years on this ridiculous website. I've seen much smaller houses, in poor condition, and on smaller pieces of property as compared to mine valued higher on this site.
I've come to the conclusion that this site is a scam and a sham.

7/18/13

This Zillow site totally misrepresents home values. Plus mortgage brokers today are using it to determine if it's worth pursuing a home refinance. For example, my home was valued at $364,000 three months ago, but today the value is $252,000. How does a home's value drop $112,000 in 3 months? My neighbors home, which is currently valued on Zillow at over $400,000 was valued 3 months agoat over $800,000. This site is so bogus. Don't trust it at all.

7/17/13

Zillow.com falsely advised our house in Naples Florida as Sold, the date it was sold and the price paid,the mortgage I had, this was all complete load of lies,
there is no one I can complain to about this site, and because the house is a rental has caused me no end of problems with my guests who have rented the house from me, any help would be appreciated

6/12/13

Zillow has dropped the value of our home in less than a week by almost $15,000. Our home is for sale the closest comp is a home that recently sold for $300,000, but zillow is comparing our home to a trashed short sale house in the neighborhood. We are planning on filing a lawsuit. Zillow is not to be trusted they fabricate information that damages the value of your property. DO NOT TRUST ZILLOW FOR ANY REASON!

5/9/13

The information given about house values -the Zestimate is based on an algorithm and does not take unknown facts into consideration. That is why the information given is false and misleading. Unfortunately, the more a business like this one continues to put itself forward as professionals, genuine professionals are more likely to start using their information as factual - yes including Appraisers. They do have a link where you can go in and correct information, however, that is useless when the company doesn't act on the corrections. This type of business should be more regulated - why are people's homes listed without their permission when they are not for sale? That seems like an invasion of privacy and a burglars dream i.e. photos of rooms for folks who are not even aware they are on the site

4/14/13

Fake listings, non-existence agents, inaccurate prices! I have been on the so called Zillow site and noticed first when you complete the box to request more information on a house or apartment, no one will ever call you or respond, then the prices and listings are totally wrong, one listing they had for an apartment community, I found out the complex was now CLOSED, but Zillow still had pictures up and the rental prices, this site should be taken down and yes they need to be sued, I urge others to follow up with Consumer Affairs and BBB to report this.

3/4/13

I'd give Zillow a negative star if I could. It is a big scam - it publishes highly faulty information and runs a big business!! I am surprised it hasn't been sued yet.

The information on Zillow is wrong and misleading. This site should be taken down!!

2/21/13

The information I've seen on this site is way wrong! I've looked up multiple houses of people I know and pretty much 60% or more of the info was wrong. Even my own house which we are the first and only owners of claims to have been sold a few years after it was built. Don't waste your time with them you're better of getting information another way!!

1/19/13