US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

fredk20

The thing is, a LOT of us are getting older and only want to consider a one-story home. (in 91 reviews)

robertc183

When we were looking for a real estate agent, we wanted someone who was knowledgeable and resilient. (in 18 reviews)

carolc28

No one should have to deal with a company like this pretending they know your house, and it's worth. (in 74 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

sharonvillej
5/18/16

A big dog gets on the sofa between the husband & wife N doesn't get comfortable until he's on top of her between the woman's legs...Zilliow.com Absolutely discussing....

andrewg79
5/13/16

Recently I sold a condo through Michael Harris Realty located in Brunswick, GA. I was impressed with Michael and his team's determination to sell the condo as soon as possible at the right price. Within three months the condo was under contract for the asking price and they stayed on top of the selling process until sold. I hired this realty based on my research for the right agent and was not disappointed. I would definitely recommend Michael Harris and his team for any real estate needs.

brookew14
5/11/16

We have looked at 2 different properties and been very interested emailed them (not to mention it takes a few times of emailing them before they even send a reply) and finally get in touch with someone and they say it's sold. How else are we supposed to know if it actually available people I mean really.

tinak39
5/10/16

I have been dealing with Sheena Jones in Bradenton, FL of Beggins Century 21 Agency. SHe has been awesome thru my whole purchasing process. I would recommend her to anyone wanting to sell or buy!!!!

donaldb67
5/10/16

the history of zestimates is changed based on the algorithims. I would think that they would adjust new prices, but they should not retroactively change their own historical zestimates. It is very misleading.

matts111
5/10/16

I wrote an honest review that they kept rejecting about my realtor. It is because the realtor pays Zillow to list some houses. I would not go by any reviews of the realtors.

joank36
5/3/16

Our Zestimate on Zillow was around 200 K. We spoke to two area real agents both Zillow agents. We then decided to try Zillow's Make Me Move option which is free. Over the course of 5 days Zillow had our property drop to 125K! Repeatedly emails from Zillow say their algorithm doesn't update for two months and its prime selling season. I found many other consumers on consumer websites complain about absurb low evaluations that they won't fix that make them eventually list with a real agent. Others claim agents are getting into Zillow and changing values. Our home had many amenties not listed on Zillow including a new pole barn that cost 25K, and 10 acres but it doesn't matter. List your home on Zillow for Free and your value will fall to the ground, especially if you talk to one of their Zillow agents first. DO NOT USE Trulia or Zillow. Its a headache and a huge scam. I can't believe the Attorney General of the US has not stopped their use of their unethical zestimates.

jacks467
4/28/16

I would like to thank everyone that posts on Zillow and then promptly does not respond to multiple e-mails and calls. Really appreciate it - I guess it's not that important to find a place to live. Maybe you will see me on a street corner somewhere holding a homeless sign due to your negligence.

mariem88
4/27/16

HOW DARE THIS SITE POST INFORMATION ABOUT SOMEONE 'S HOME WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT ?? Zillow posted my home as in foreclosure and available . I am living in it and I am NOT in foreclosure nor am I selling my home !!! I expect the immediate removal of my home from this site . If this does not take place, I will seek legal means against the company !! HOW DARE YOU HUMILIATE PEOPLE AND THEIR HOMES BY POSTING INACCURATE INFORMATION ?? You should be ashamed of your unethical practices !!

garys134
4/22/16

Monica Ritter is a great agent, committed to help you get the best deal possible. Very professional and will guide you throughout the whole process. I will recommend her and most definitely do business with her again!

shahabs2
4/9/16

Zillow just accept positive reviews for agents and do not accept and post negatives one. that why we can see just all good for agents. so, I believe those reviews are not trust able.

donaldg31
4/6/16

I HAD BEEN LOOKING TO BUY A HOME OVER A YEAR MAYBE EVEN CLOSER TO TWO YEARS. EVERY TIME I TRIED TO PREQUALIFY I GOT A NEGITIVE RESPONSE. I CALLED THE DUBOIS TEAM AND THEY GOT ME IN TOUCH WITH THE RIGHT PEOPLE.
MY HUSBAND IS RETIRED AND ON A FIXED INCOME, MYSELF IM EMPLOYED PART TIME. WE WERE PAYING $900 RENTING AN APT. AND $500 IN STORAGE BILLS. THE DUBOIS TEAM WENT TO WORK AND FOUND MY DREAM HOME, IN JUST A FEW SHORT WEEKS I WAS MOVING IN MY NEW HOME. MY EXPERINCE AS A FIRST TIME BUYER WAS GREAT THE DUBOIS TEAM WAS FABULOUS. 5 STARS 2 THUMBS UP

theag4
4/5/16

Maura Gammans is a great agent at Day's Real Estate Co. in Maine.
I bought a wonderful old house which I would never have found on my own in Searsport and would recommend her to anyone looking for an honest hard working agent to represent them either as buyer or seller.
Thea G.

ritaf11
4/4/16

Over a year ago I was searching for a home and called the agent who happened to be Lettie Hill. At that time, I decided I would wait and Lettie said she would follow up with me. I didn't think anything of it and to my surprise she called me the next year. I was ready to purchase! Lettie connected me to a website that sent me automatic emails on the type of home I was looking for and she called me on a regular basis. I couldn't believe it. I felt like I was her only client she had, but I was so wrong.

When I went to look at a home, she was right there. Sometimes it was during the day and others times it was night. But she was there whenever I wanted to see a home. She connected me to a WONDERFUL finance representative. When I found my home she negotiated on my behalf and truly took the lead. I am loving my new home!!! I was so proud to be her client. You would be too!!! LETTIE IS AN AWESOME AGENT!!!!

kennethr37
4/3/16

To Whom It May Concern:

Kathleen Hill, with Berkshire Hathaway spent hours and miles over two long weekends, helping us find the home we wanted. Her availability through numerous phone calls and emails was essential with the remote closing process. We appreciate her considerate, objective observations and suggestions which helped us make informed conclusions/decisions.

Respectfully,

Kenneth and Clair Roe

Tip for consumers: No comment

jerryo10
4/3/16

Fair Warning! After years of giving Zillow the heave ho, I recently looked at their site information. Guess what? Nothing has changed with their guess appraisals, In my opinion this company is not a reliable and is a POS. Pass them by and save yourself grief.

mikem357
4/2/16

While searching for a new home in and around Conway, SC, we found Margaret through Zillow and could not have been more satisfied. We are making a move from Connecticut and she took us around for nearly five days showing us a multitude of new and previously owned homes with patience and understanding of our needs and helped us find and purchase a brand new home in the Tuscany Development in Myrtle Beach. She made our search fun and very smooth. If you are interested in properties in this area, Margaret Harrington needs to be your search agent.

Mike Marino

patriciam114
3/30/16

If you want a great realtor on zillow michael presinger is the one.

margareto28
3/25/16

Zillow has Zillions of erroneous Zestimates because their facts are wrong. On our house listing they have the wrong county linked, the wrong Square footage, the wrong square footage for our lot size. The Zestimate for our home has dropped $300,000 in three months, even though prices have gone up 9% and are projected up another 5% this year. I emailed them a week ago asking if they would fix the wrong information and I received a automated response that they were looking into it. I still have not received a real response and the information is still wrong on our listing.
I researched Zillow complaints today and there are Zillions of those too, and not just from unhappy home owners. Agent after Agent commented about bogus leads, no leads and that they continued to charge their debit cards with high fees even after they had tried to cancel for non performance by Zillow. The reckless zestimates and misrepresentations of facts in my city make Agents roll their eyes at the mention of Zillow, buyers are bewildered when their ridiculous expectation of price are not met, and sellers
are just plain mad.

Zillow needs to stop the misreprentation of facts on their web site or be shut down by the Consumer Affairs in each state.

kevinc139
3/25/16

While Zillow is great site for home buyers one of the biggest problems facing those selling their homes with or without a professional real estate agent though I strongly recommend using one. The problem is Zillow's Zestimate. Why? because Zillow insists on using the five digit original zip code system when it comes to comparable recent home sales. That can work for some locations but not for all. Example; the five digit zip code system can include communities known to be affluent neighborhoods by locations each with the USPS extended four digit zip codes as most have throughout the USA. I sent a message to Zillow's technicians about this and was told in order to add the extended four digits to zip codes they would have to re write the programs algorithm, something they, Zillow, has no intentions to do. However, Zillow makes claim that "Zestimates" are only there as a form of guideline with home values. WRONG! Zillow's page for home sellers makes claim to use "Zestimate" prior to listing properties for sale. What's worse, many bank appraisers are going by Zillows Zestimate for mortgage approvals not taking in consideration all the true home facts by location within the true nine digit zip code system in any given township location. Not fair to all concerned. I suggest to sellers and buyers, get a professional real estate agent when listing properties for sale and purchasing properties. Real estate agents have a much better knowledge of true home values by comparison.

lucya20
3/23/16

I am an elderly lady with a number of physical problems. I wanted to buy a condo for my grandson to live in, but I was not anxious to do much running around. My grandson found Steve and together they located the perfect condo at the right price. I did go see it, but from then on Steve was able to handle everything with minimal effort from me. He arranged for the earnest money to be picked up at my home, scheduled the inspection, interfaced with the HOA, made it so I could sign some legal papers by computer, and arranged for the Title company to come to my home to finalize the sale. I did not know buying real estate could be so effortless. I am the care-giver for my husband who has dementia and am so grateful that this purchase could be done in such a professional and simple way. Steve was superb!

susand103
3/18/16

Warren Pineda in Knoxville, TN is absolutely wonderful!! You won't go wrong with him. He goes the extra mile and will totally take care of everything!!!!

jingc5
3/14/16

PLEASE CANCEL MY ACCOUNT.AND DELETE MY PROFILE

ericg61
3/8/16

MaryAnn Hill is a great agent, committed to help you get the best deal possible. Very professional and will guide you throughout the whole process. I will recommend her and most definitely do business with her again!

margaretc65
3/7/16

I not happy with their low end leads...Once I ask to cancel my 1 year contract they charged me 2 month @$286.00 to cancel contract...Zillow is a rip off they use our MLS information and they pay absolutely nothing for our MLS information. Beware of Zillow. ..I am a 27 year real estate Broker...learning a lesson the hard way.
Carlton Real Estate.

robbiek12
3/6/16

You list properties for way to many days I saw listing for over a year for rent sry but that's a bit much would prefer what's just been listed within just the past month not a year ago

yukikon1
2/29/16

This is horrible company. They said that if you subscribe to the gold program, then your listing will show up on the top when consumer search, it doses't. I called comapny. They told me that zillow is no refund comapny. I just subscribed this 2/22/16 and got charged $350 for it for service for they misrepresented. Please be aware.

sharont49
2/27/16

I've used Zillow to research rent & sales prices for property in different neighborhoods around our area. It was very easy to use & factually correct enough. But last week I used Zillow to list a home we had for rent. Granted, the home was purchased 20 years ago because it was in a great neighborhoood, but my Zillow listing, made in the late afternoon, had almost a dozen requests for showings in the first 12 hours on the market, while I slept. So when I woke I could begin to schedule appointments. The software response options with scripted replies made this incredibly fast & easy to request basic information, and once the house was under contract, respond politely to the people who had expressed interest, & then finally, deactivate the listing in one click. The house was rented to the first people that viewed it, but most importantly, at a price 20% higher than I'd planned on asking, based solely on Zillows "market rate for area" information. So, all in all, Zillow with its no cost listing directory, really worked great for me. 5 stars!

thereasl
2/26/16

I am writing in regards to my experience with out home loan lender Suburban Mortgage.

My husband and I recently purchased a home in Gilbert Arizona, We had a wonderful agent (Michael Barron from Re/max infinity Chandler AZ.) He recommended Suburban Mortgage to handle our Home loan, we could have not asked for a better company to help us with our loan process, our agent worked with our lender Jennifer Dziak-Turner and her Partner Sue Ellen Benedict and we could not have asked for better!!. they were so professional at Suburban Mortgage before we even had a house picked out our Agent suggested we speak with Jennifer first to get a good idea of what we could qualify for and I am glad he made that recommendation because we had just come out of bankruptcy and were not sure if we were even able to purchase a home, Jennifer spoke with our agent myself and my husband we all were on the same page she walked us through all the steps of what needed to be done she went above and beyond to help us with our bankruptcy questions paperwork and loan info she never turned us away because of our bankruptcy, she did not talk down to us or make us feel like we were bad people for going through the bankruptcy, she treated us with respect made us feel comfortable and at ease that everything would be taken care of and we always knew where we stood at the end of the day. Before we had our house picked out she had already told us what we pre qualified for, she calculated what our mortgage payments would be roughly with all the taxes, ins, H.O.A fees etc..., once we picked out our home our agent and Jennifer got to work and by the end of the business day we knew we could put a solid offer down on our home with no surprises at closing. We worked very closely with her partner Sue Ellen Benedict and these 2 lovely ladies are just plain nice down to earth people who generally care about you! in the process of buying our home my husband was rushed to the hospital with heart complications I usually spoke with Sue Ellen at least 2-3 times per week if not more well at this time as my husband was in the hospital I was of course worried about our loan and my husband at the same time I called Sue Ellen to let her know what was going on because I was scared that we would not be able to complete our purchase because my husband was the person on the mortgage when I spoke with her she genuinely was concerned for my husband and myself she said for us not to worry about a thing that everything was fine with our loan and not to worry about anything they would take care of everything and they did, she called us almost everyday or sent an email everyday to see how my husband was doing never at anytime did we feel lost in the process of all the paperwork documents needed, letters to written when buying a home Jennifer and Sue ellen worked so hard to make sure we were taken care of during this time they handled everything with such professionalism, and kindness everyone from the lender the real estate agent the title company the banks all worked together everyone knew what was going on at all times there were no surprises . we received weekly updates until the day that we closed, we lived in Las Vegas at the time so when it was time to close they made arrangements for us to sign our documents in Las Vegas with a notary and the next day everything was recorded and the house was ours. from start to finish the company made us feel important, we were able to call and ask as many questions as we needed we always were called back the same day if we had to leave a message and even after our purchase we will get a kind email or phone call to thank us for our business and to see how we our doing. In todays world to be able to find people that will be genuinely kind is very hard to find , I will always continue to use Suburban Mortgage for our lending needs they were beyond fantastic.

anniee7
2/24/16

Unprofessional is the best word to go with Valerie Lam. She is inappropriate as an agent and has no care for her clients. She rushed me through the entire process and persuaded us to sign the contract without doing other formalities. I WOULD NOT recommend her to anyone unless you want to overcompensate and feel miserable through the complete experience.

kimberlyb48
2/23/16

A home was purchased Jan 28, 2016 and relisted due to unusual circumstances 2 weeks later.

The "days on Zillow" is wrong as it is adding the original listing for this home to the new actual days online with the NEW MLS# which is only 11 days and it is reporting 56 days!

I contacted Zillow and they responded that they can do NOTHING as it was NOT off the market for 31 days! This is absurd and a dis-service to those relying on Zillow for accurate information.

My response to their customer no-service is below:

That is a ridiculous policy as this is new listing with a new agent and presents a discriminatory disadvantage to a new listing with a new agent.

I will be finding EVERY forum on Zillow and its practices and expressing my dissatisfaction so that people know about this policy and the lack of sincere AND ACCURATE reporting.

There are plenty of dissatisfied people on the web regarding the customer no-service from your website as I read many reports before contacting you.

I already pointed out in my original email that the home had only been off the market two weeks after closing and the new listing created due to unusual circumstances; there WAS NO CAREFUL REVIEW ON YOUR BEHALF as you stated. This is a robotic answer.

Your policy of "off the market 31 days" is ABSURD and when it is pointed out that you are posting inaccurate information....YOU DON'T CARE!

michelleb175
2/21/16

Zillow does not do a reputable job of comparable homes. It didn't show the sale of a home around the corner from ours that was smaller and sold for the price we are asking! It also isn't giving correct info on the schools our neighborhood go to! The "Zestimate" is more than 15% below what every realtor we've interviewed to list with has said they would list it at! Plus it says that homes in our area will rise 4.6% (higher than the national average) but ours will decrease by 5%! They show a comparable home that's down the street that is currently priced $30,000 below ours and they state it's a good comparison. The home has water damage, a backyard pool that needs $15,000 in repairs and it hasn't been updated or remodeled in over 15 years! If they don't know the quality of their listings then they should state that these comparable homes are a better value! Terrible customer service...you have to use snail mail to contact them! That should have been a warning sign right there...

as3384
2/18/16

If you’re in need of selling a home, HIGHLY recommends Harry Bing of Remax 200 Realty, my home was sold in less than 90-days.

Harry Bing of Remax 200 Realty has a professional and efficient staff that will get the job done!

Shannon,
Columbia, SC

connied29
2/8/16

Within a very short time Jessica knew what we were looking for and she worked hard to find us our home! She's very pleasant and easy to work with! Highly recommend her for all your real estate needs!

eda38
2/4/16

Putting it another way, if Zillow continues to fail to pay attention to its users, it will eventually simply collapse. There is virtually no way to get help from Zillow if there are listing errors.

kareno23
2/2/16

This company harasses and bullies real estate agents and has mostly inaccurate home information

philipc50
12/31/15

Zillow will advertise on different sites showing different Zestimate values of a home, advertising upgrades improving home values then giving a home owner a very low Zestimate for a kitchen or bath upgrade, they fill many buyers with delusions they can buy a home for half its market value and insult the home owner..Zillow review your listings, what a joke! PINHEADS

rnfh
12/23/15

Bad experience with Zillow rep. OK to use their free stuff, will never have any cash relationship with Zillow. It is a trip, very hard to get out and the rep very unprofession when you want to get out. Worse than break up with your girlfriend or boyfriend.

bb112
12/18/15

What a total scam. Had listings set aside for weeks. Checking them daily. When sent to realtor today she responded back DO NOT TRUST ZILLOW. MOST ALL YOUR RECENT SAVED LISTINGS WERE ACTUALLY SOLD 7 MONTHS BACK. THEY ARE DECEITFUL AND A SCAM !! Please everyone, do not search or give any info through ZILLOW. YOU ARE WARNED !

lynnek9
12/18/15

"The purchase of the Dogwood Mountain house was about as easy as it gets. Michele helped negotiate our offer in a speedy and effective manner and organised our closing in a way that was beneficial for both buyer and seller.

It is a pleasure to work with Michele; she is knowledgeable, pleasant and very professional. She remembers details, always returns calls, and manages to make excellent, constructive suggestions in a subtle way".

andyk42
12/11/15

Deleted my account 2 times, which had tens of legit rental listings with all accurate information. Called and no response. I have lost ALOT of business from hem deleting my account, and will be taking legal action. Anyone with me?

nordiar
12/11/15

To Whom It May Concern,

I want to thank Mr. Craig Brown for helping me and my aunt through the refinancing of her home. He made us feel very comfortable in our dealings with him. He explained the process and the documents in a way that we could understand and follow. The best part for us, other than him being patient with us, was that he got the loan done when other banks turned us away.
I can’t him enough.
Sincerely

Paulette Williams

isaakm
11/5/15

Our Real Estate Salesperson Maksym (Max) Mysak from Exit Realty Today did an outstanding job to rent the apartment in our home. He was always prompt and professional. Max was personable and caring, as well. Max is very knowledgeable agent, who loves his job. He kept us informed at all times of the process. We felt extremely secure in our dealings with him. He help us the find a perfect tenant that will be perfectly fit in one bedroom apartment. I would highly recommend this real estate agent and his service to any others who may be in the market to buy, sell, or rent a home at the present time or in the future.... .

jasonh102
11/2/15

Purchased Real Estate Agent Ads from Trulia through a phone sales rep. Zillow misrepresented the Ad service and failed to disclose planned changes.
I purchased Real Estate Agent Ads from Trulia on May 4, 2015 based upon statistics the sales representative shared with be for the advertising area. I received leads (16-20 leads per month) for the are for the first 3 months of the 6 month term as the rep indicated.

After the second month using the Ad service, Zillow Group sent a notification that they were "integrating" the advertising platforms of Trulia and Zillow and that Advertisers would benefits from the changes. Once the change was complete, I was beginning my 4th month of the service and from months 4-6 received ZERO leads.

Zillow Group/Trulia blatantly misrepresented the advertising service they sold me over the phone. I repeatedly contacted the "newly assigned" sales rep who was very nice but told me that they don't have a means to cancel the term. When I expressed my dissatisfaction, he agreed to look up the number of "impressions" that were delivered in September and told me that the minimum threshold according to my agreement was not met, therefore they would refund that month of service. He informed me that he would contact the billing department and have a refund issued.

After 15 days of no communication, I sent an email to the rep and his supervisor to ask about the status of the refund. The supervisor replied that they will not issue refunds and they I can only stop payments when the end of the 6 month term is reached.

The Terms and Conditions were not reviewed with me at the sale. When purchasing the Ads the rep made no mention of the planned changes to the advertising platform, or what they called the "integration" which directly resulted in the LOSE of ALL LEADS being sent to me for the last 3 months of the 6 month term.

I didn't not physically or electronically sign a contract. The contract made was a verbal contract which the salesperson misrepresented in my opinion by not disclosing the upcoming changes. If these changes were disclosed I would have never made a verbal agreement to do business with an unknown advertising systems change.

them13
11/2/15

361 high st buffalo ny the property is no good the water is off and thats only reason she is selling it its not worth what she is asking for its a lot a
Of work that need to be done

karenl87
10/28/15

The sales rep I signed up with told me he would refund me if I was dissatisfied with the leads. NOT SO. He also switched product on me and then it changed again when Zillow and Trulia merged. The leads that came through were very few and far between and were NOT QUALITY. It was a total waste of money. It's better to put your money into promoting something good in your local area, network with real people and build a business by referrals rather than waste your time with these cold leads. Real estate is a people business, enjoy it - don't give away your money to the big corporations and 1% mentality of Zillow/Trulia.

williamh123
10/27/15

Before I put my home on the market as a FSBO, Zillow had it Zestimated @ $269,000. After I interviewed a few sellers brokers and decided to go it alone, I checked the Zestimate again and it was at $202,000. There was no indication that the Zestimate had dropped as per the last 30 days notice and when I contacted Zillow support they informed me that their calculation factors change. They would not tell me why a $60,000 plus drop in a week or why that drop was not indicated as such on their site. Something is fishy here......

robertc183
10/26/15

When we were looking for a real estate agent, we wanted someone who was knowledgeable and resilient. We wanted our agent to be great at multi-tasking, have lots of resources, and work fast yet efficient. After speaking to a few other agents, we decided on Margaret Vorder Bruegge and her partner Sharon Kinney of Coldwell Banker
Although Sharon was great, I delt with Margi for the most part. Margi went above and beyond our expectations. Our property was a family owned house, with 5 owners, that involved the 100% agreement on all terms from my 4 other siblings. Multiple ownership with partners can be difficult in itself, but our family dynamics made it very stressful and confusing for all . The house was the home of our late parents who had lived there for over 30 years. The emotional aspect just added to the stress. A very difficult project for any agent. Margi was extraordinary and a true professional. Her valuable experience, patience, and insight was key in working with multiple owners. She stayed focused, and through many obstacles, she was able to handle the transaction promptly and with finesse! I really liked the “teamwork” concept that Margi and Sharon have clearly perfected. When one was unavailable, the other was on call. I think ALL realtors should team up, because it absolutely is a better real estate experience.
Margi informed us of the progress every step of the way and kept all of us informed on a regular basis. She is tenacious, and reliable, and she got the job done in a timely manner!
Margi and Sharon are outstanding agents, and I would recommend them to anyone I know, which includes family and friends.

rays70
10/26/15

We like the idea of dealing directly with our tenants to make sure they will take care of our property. We placed our rent house on Zillow October 10th. Third responder signed a year's lease starting November 1st and happily stated our house was exactly what he was looking for. Will definitely use Zillow again in the future.

Thanks
Ray

marym235
10/20/15

Throw your money away with this company. The worst leads and waste of time. I had a convicted criminal trying to view my clients property......think it might of been a robbery???
Or worse.
Beware.

190 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

17 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zillow staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question