US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

stephanien3

However, it does give information about the prior sales for the home, which can be helpful! (in 59 reviews)

carolc28

No one should have to deal with a company like this pretending they know your house, and it's worth. (in 60 reviews)

ah758

If you don't catch this a potential buyer who wants to contact the FSBO, is redirected to a real estate agent. (in 10 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

marians5
7/7/15

I had a bad experience with a realtor... but he had only five star reviews, so I submitted mine, respectfully and within guidelines. Little did I know that my review never, never was published, and he continues to have only five star reviews. What a joke.

ap634
6/26/15

When we first started shopping for our home a few years ago our internet searches migrated toward Zillow. At first... Over time it became clear that this site was highly inaccurate, many of the homes were either no longer listed or sold.... Fast forward 3 years... We have since purchased our home (no Zillow was of no assistance in doing this. fortunately we had a fantastic realtor whom guided us in the right direction)
I was curious to see if current information was available upon the Zillow site as an experiment. Low and behold Zillow is at least consistent in that our home value and our neighborhood data was at least one year old. Listing values of 100K or more lower than what the current market and comps state. (even the satellite images shown are of dirt lots at least 3 years old) My warning to any who stray into this grey area of ineptitude.... Take it with a grain of salt. There are many other outlets who at least make an effort at accuracy. The only conclusion I can draw from this is that Zillow is only in business to generate revenue from advertising.

mikel188
6/15/15

Why not also give me Newark NJ? Or Staten Island? Your programmers cannot create correct "join" statements for your tables?

eileeno4
6/12/15

My active listing on Zillow is erroneously listed as Off Market. Yesterday morning Zillow "corrected" this temporarily, because later in the day it reverted to Off Market. Their history section claims that my realtor took it off the market yesterday, but my realtor stated that they never touched the site that day. I fear that potential buyers are overlooking my home due to this HUGE mistake. Zillow says that it often takes 3-4 weeks for MLS information to update on Zillow; this is unacceptable in today's real estate market. Also, Zestimates are not anywhere near correct; there must be a better site from which they make their calculations.

6/9/15

Why is a listing I just put in under FSBO being redirected first to other agents under the 'check to contact here section', before actually contacting the owner who's selling the property? I tested this 'anonymously' and already had one agent tell me that the listing I just put in wasn't for sale. Zillow support tells me they offer the buyer a 'buyer's agent' option - only the agent option is first to automatically be checked for contact. If you don't catch this a potential buyer who wants to contact the FSBO, is redirected to a real estate agent.

sueb40
6/8/15

Steve Palms on The Perna Team did a great job on the sale of my home. I worked with a different real estate agency prior to working with Steve without much luck. The professional photos and marketing plan used by The Perna Team sold my home quick. I am now working with Steve on purchasing a new home as well. I have already referred friends and family to use The Perna Team for their home buying and selling needs. Great job!

christineg31
5/18/15

Zillow provides costs for homes without taking into account the many features of a house or the neighborhood. Zillow cannot calculate the true worth of a home and people and sellers are being put at a disadvantage when setting their price. Zillow underprices the value of homes, period.

susana66
5/2/15

UPDATE - Zillow sent me several links to get the problem fixed. One involved getting the agent to post the listing at NO charge, but after sending him the link and how to fix it, nothing happened. So I followed the link to re-post the house on my own- again - no charge. All the original listing information was there except for pictures, so after a few minutes uploading the pictures I wanted to show, the listing was back up. The only thing is that it now shows "For Sale By Owner"
Evidently there was a dispute between ListHub (feed provider) and the realtor. As the realtor himself could have fixed the problem for NO CHARGE, in less than 30 minutes, I am seriously thinking of upgrading realtors.
Though I feel that even if a listing has been pulled by a feed provider the status shouldn't be automatically "off market" unless there has been specific verification, I feel much better about Zillow.
Zillow refuse to show correct status of my house, which is FOR SALE. Zillow intentionally shows FALSE information by showing it "Off Market". I have tried to get them to correct this, but they refuse, and are causing me potential financial harm. I have reported them to consumer affairs, as they claim it is information in an MLS feed, which is FALSE. The MLS feed is received by all the realtors, and their sites are showing my house as "For Sale" and show proper price reductions. They should be required to show true information, not INTENTIONALLY show False information.

jenniferb99
4/22/15

I bought my 2 bedroom coop 2 years ago. Since then while the housing prices around me have risen significantly (the same exact units on the floors both above and below me both sold recently at much higher prices), Zillow has been regularly sending me notifications that the value of my home has dropped. Zillow now values it about a third of what I paid for it, and about one-fifth of to one-quarter of what similar units in my building and in my neighborhood have sold for.

billc80
4/13/15

Zillow always came in lower than what I thought properties were worth. I am selling my property and got offers 20% higher than what Zillow says. If your a seller don't listen to Zillow and look at market itself and if your a buyer don't listen to Zillow or you will miss your opportunity and get outbid on potential dream house.

drnathanm
4/11/15

My listing says off market on Zillow and my realtor cannot get it changed, 2 weeks of prime selling time lost. 37nebo74@att.net

angelac39
4/10/15

I agree with all the comments on Zestimate and share the frustration expressed by owners advertising on this web site. But there’s another factor that nobody has mentioned: experience with local real estate agents. I live in South-West Florida. When I first posted my property on Zillow, I agreed to work with the buyer’s agent for a 2%-3% commission and checked the YES box. The reality has been quite different. In the first 2-3 months I received calls from several brokers and some came to “preview” the property. After seeing my property, they all pitched their expertise and ability to sell at a high price and presented me with an Exclusive Agreement to list and sell the property. These agreements contain provisions that (a) would obligate the seller to pay expenses incurred by the agency in marketing the property if the agreement is terminated (conditional termination) or (b) since two brokers are often involved in the sale, charge the seller a 6% commission. So the benefits touted by Zillow (and other similar web sites) of saving money on commissions go out of the window.
What game is Zillow playing?

lynnh35
3/11/15

My house was listed as being in a different ( very low ranking) school district. People have actually refused to view my house because of this. I have contacted Zillow repeatedly to have this corrected. They have admitted their mistake but say they are not able to make any changes to my listing for at least a month until their next system upgrade.

Tip for consumers: Run away. Try realtor.com instead

mikel186
3/9/15

1. No on the ground knowledge of home values.
2. Do not go by these values are they are of as much as 20% in either direction.
3. Location of house does not matter, when we have all learned that location is very important when it comes to real estate.
4. A house can be on dry land or have a beautiful water view and that is not taken into consideration.
5. Do your own due diligence, check your location, speak with neighbors, go to a reliable real estate agent and save yourself a lot of mind games and aggravation by using Zillow.

kathleent5
3/4/15

As a premier agent on Zillow.com, the consumer needs to know how inaccurate this web-site is on their zestimates and at times homes that are no longer on the market are still listed as active listings on Zillow.com. Consumers need to contact a local Real Estate Professional to obtain the most accurate information for homes that interest them. Also, I would like people to know that Premier Agents pay Zillow a lot of money every month and sometimes don't receive many leads. Every time I have spoke with anyone at Zillow, it seems their favorite word is "unfortunately." They want a lot of money per zip code but everything has to be their way. Even when I would like to pay my bill early to Zillow, the word I get is "unfortunately." I can go online to my bank, to department stores, to all my utility companies and pay my bill any time I would like but EVERYTHING you want out of Zillow.com is "Unfortunate."

susiep3
2/10/15

We were very impressed with our service. They were always prompt and professional. They were personable and caring, as well. We felt extremely secure in our dealings with them. I would highly recommend this service to any others who may be in the market to buy, sell, or rent a home at the present time or in the future.

billr31
2/5/15

Living in an area with low available housing and rentals, recently the housing in my neighborhood seems to have doubled in value. I'm talking big dollars, $2M versus recent sales of around $1M. Makes me wonder if realtors prod Zillow to make home values much higher than they really are so homeowners will think about selling. What I can say for sure is these high values don't represent reality.

johnnyy
1/28/15

My experience of adding two listings for rental is just ridiculously horrible. After I add the first listing, it is showing on the search but the detail info and photos belonged to another home. You report the problem but there is no response.

kevinp54
1/14/15

On November 25th 2014, I was contacted by a sales associate William Simmons. He has contacted me via text message regarding a Macomb Township zip code 48044 and asked if I would be interested. He then mentioned that I would have 4,573 views a month for a fee of $615 per month. I told him that seemed steep for the price. He then asked to get a lender to split the cost. I hesitated for a bit and he sent another message stating that there were 51 people on the waiting list and it would be gone within the hour. When I asked how many agents are in rotation, Will stated "it depends on the zip, all you need to worry about is that I would be one of 3 agents featured, 4,573 times per month and that it's very exclusive". I was told I would get a ton of leads off this zip. I agreed based on those terms. Once signed, I requested some further information once I had a lender involved (around Christmas time). Will, stated on speaker phone with my lender in my office that there were about 6 agents featured. I asked what happened to 3? No response. He then stated that the way to get business was to have a ton of reviews on their site (never discussed before). After hanging up I sent an email to him stating my disappointment and that he lied to me. It had been a month without a single contact or lead from Zillow and the 48044 zip I invested into. I even filled out a dissatisfaction survey. I was followed up by Michael Gunn who is apparently the Success Manager. Him and I spoke and I told him my side. He said that was disappointed on how things had happened and offered exposure in 5 other zip codes for a 99% discount. Obviously, I was disappointed in the fact that not only was I being screwed over by their sales practice, but also had to pay additional to help me get more possible business. I told him no. I would like to have nothing further to do with this and I would like reimbursement for what I have paid in. He said he would be in contact with Will's manager and get back to me (that was last week). I emailed Michael on Monday and asked when I can expect to hear back from him. Yesterday, Michael Gunn called and mentioned that it's only been a short time and I didn't give it much chance. He then started to mention that I would have to buy out the remainder of my contract. This is total garbage. People need to know of this practice. There are a ton of agents out there trying to capture new business. ZILLOW IS A SCAM FOR AGENTS!

Tip for consumers: Stay Away! Their sales pitches are nothing but lies!

peterk55
1/13/15

I am a Real Estate Broker in NY. I wanted to list a house for sale in ZILLOW's website. I was convinced from a salesman in ZILLOW to sign up a contract for 14 listings (even thought I only had one listing ) and pay for a six month membership on monthly installments.
When I posted my listing, in December of 2014, I found out that ZILLOW's computer system had picked up a litigation that my client had back in July of 2014 with his Bank and the property appeared in their system as if it is "pending foreclosure". I asked them to remove this notification which was very damaging for my client / seller. In addition, even thought it was my listing (and I was paying for posting it in their website) ZILLOW was advertising "FORECLOSURE SPECIALISTS" to help the potential customers. My name as a Listing broker was not there!!!
The price for the property was not appearing on my listing and only ZILLOW'S estimate was shown which was $800,000 less than the listing price.!!!!!
When I asked to delete the listing completely from their system because it was damaging my client's as well as my interest (and reputation) I was told from the salesman (who was very nice until then) that I have to pay the entire contract even though I "used" their services for 5 weeks.
I am NOT saying that ZILLOW is a scam, but definitely until they fix all their issues...with their system and understanding a little better NY and other States, they should be flexible with their rigid contract policies.
Here I am... paying for a listing which damaging my client and NOT only I can NOT remove my listing from the system but I have to continue paying for a service which is harmful to my business.
I hope other brokers will read this and avoid costly mistakes. ZILLOW has very long way to become valuable...DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

Tip for consumers: ...DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

kennethj13
1/10/15

Zillow does not give accurate reviews of lenders. If you had a bad experience with a lender as I did with First Federal Bank of Kansas City, MO then you do not use the bank as a result of the bad experience, then Zillow tells you they won't use your review because you did not get locked into a contract with the bank. Well thank goodness my review did not qualify! I suspect Zillow may recieve monetary compensation for good reviews and that they post good reviews about banks that are written by the bank.

wyattr7
1/9/15

I agree with other reviews that Zillow is horrible in managing customer relations. While my home was properly listed for years, someone at Zillow changed my listing and posted another house in my location. They apparently confused a house on Callowhill St. with mine on Callowhill Rd. It is an understandable mistake, but I am shocked that my dozens of requests to correct the issue have gone completely ignored for almost 2 years. I hope that this does not become a problem when I need to sell my home.
Once Zillow Corrects my issue, I will update my review with the experience. Until that time trust me in saying that ZIllow must have the worst customer service I have ever experienced. So much so that it triggered me to write this, my first negative review ever for anyone.

mynameu
1/6/15

This is without a doubt the worst company I have ever seen as far as customer service and trying to get a resolution to a problem.

berthah17
1/5/15

You can put your house on Zillow for free as in for sale by owner, however, the remaining information on the page is generated by Zillow and is usually quite inaccurate. I have no idea how an internet site can "zestimate" the value of your home (unless they are asking realtors). This can be pretty damning. The internet doesn't know when the house was reroofed, whether or not the neighborhood is safe, or when the furnace was replaced. I have consistently seen the square footage or property taxes NOT match the county assessor's website. I can only say that it's okay to look, but don't take their website information as truth. Buying a house is a big investment.

Tip for consumers: BEWARE! their website has a lot of inaccurate information on homes.

johnc282
12/30/14

Fake reviews of real estate agents usually put up by agents themselves. Waste of time & money advertising because the leads are the account managers trying to get you to think zillow actually works.

Tip for consumers: Run.

lindas123
12/27/14

This is a horrible company that destroys housing values and should be taken completely off the internet. Zillow is a leach. They really do not warrant even 1 star however this site requires at least 1 star in order to post.

miker113
12/23/14

I am a statistician and I can tell you that their algorithm produces invalid results. Anyone in my profession would view the fact that they publish such reaults as unprofessional. The fact that the results injure so many people makes the behavior unethical. (No surprise given recent reports of harrassment and discrimination.) I challenge Spencer Rascoff to change his ways; if he doesn't, I challenge those injured by him to find a Congressperson to regulate him under commerce and consumer protection laws.

jamesh147
12/18/14

The lights are on at ZILLOW BUT NO ONE IS HOME.
There customer service SUCKS.
I have been trying to get my property's TAX information corrected for over a month now. They finally told me it was fixed now my property has the house next doors tax information. and my home comes ups (2 UNITS)I think they hire kids for the summer to do this work.
ZILLOW is A JOKE!

Tip for consumers: Don't use there VALUES they are way way off!

robinj16
12/17/14

There are so many scams on this website. Consumers beware.
Fake rentals and rent to own scams that are only out to steal money from consumers.
As a Realtor, I can spot them immediately but a consumer may not know the signs.

willh33
12/1/14

Dishonest sales reps...they tell you what you want to hear to get your money and then it turns out that it's ALL total BS. The customer service reps don't listen to you. And the cherry on top? When your contract ends, they begin billing you month-to-month!

Tip for consumers: SAVE YOUR MONEY and use it on taking people out for coffee, lunch, networking...

christopherb58
11/17/14

Zillow: A publicly traded corporation that needs to immediately take down it's so called Zestimates until they can figure out how to resolve major problems with evaluations. e.g similar waterfront homes where three of four sold this year.
10425 Manitou Beach, Bainbridge Island. Sold 2/24/14 for $1.11K - Zillow shows 957K
10475 Manitou Beach, Bainbridge Island. Sold 6/24/14 for $1.31K - Zillow shows $1.20K
10305 Manitou Beach, Bainbridge Island. Sold 8/15/14 for $1.10K- Zillow shows $888K
10425 Falk Road Rd, Bainbridge Island, No listed but very similar - Zillow shows $746K

richardr53
11/16/14

I listed my house with zillow because they had it estimated at over $273,000, I listed it for $269,900, almost immediately they reduced it to $251,000 and a few days later they reduced it to $247,000 so I complained to the about this and they sent a message back that this is done by algorithm. and than reduced it to $245,000. I believe something should be done about this company. I did not check that allows Real Estate agents to contact me, maybe that's why.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from them

fredk20
11/7/14

Zillow leaves a lot to be desired but it's a good place to start researching. The visuals alone do that.

I wish they would add a feature that allows searches by the number of levels a house has--one story; two stories (or more); unfinished basement; finished basement, etc.

The thing is, a LOT of us are getting older and only want to consider a one-story home. Falls are a concern, but even more than that is the day-to-day difficulty of climbing and going down stairs.

christineb40
11/1/14

I don't see how homes can gain or drop thousands in days..we lost a new home loan because of this company..i would join anyone suing them..

aliceb52
10/21/14

I'd like to start out by saying that I've been recently trying to sell my home and noticed that Zillow's estimate on my home has been consistently dropping in price while my neighbors home value next door has been over valued. I'm basing this on square footage (my home has 2250 sq ft and my neighbors house has 1750 sq ft). I have a four bedroom house and my neighbor's house has three bedrooms. My house has so many more amenities than my neighbor's house I just didn't understand the process by which they arrived at these numbers so I wrote them. BIG MISTAKE! They told me that they will be using new data to re calculate estimates. Instead my home value has continued to de value and my neighbors house continues to increase in value. There is approximately $70,000. difference right now. Do not rely on Zillow, they grossly miscalculate home values and do not correct their errors when it is brought to their attention; they almost seem vindictive!

michaell99
10/15/14

Recently, an empty lot on a bay sold a bit down the street from our house. The Zestimate was for $245,000 the, recent, actual sale was for $555,000. That is 126% higher than the Zestimate. The same goes for many other properties around here. Yet Zillow refuses to make corrections accordingly when errors such as this are pointed out. Rely on them and you may very well be sorry.

jimb125
10/6/14

I don't know how they figure prices. In my neighborhood a 2 bedroom 1700 sq. ft. house sold for 490,000 dollars and the house across the street sold for 520,000 and it was a 3 bedroom 1730 sq. ft. house. When you go on Zillow and check the price of my house which is 3 bedroom 1828 sq. ft. house it's listed by Zillow as 426,000. The zestimates are completely inaccurate.

katelynnh
9/29/14

Zillow is a terrible website to use when searching for a place. Why is it that you can't put 1-2, 3-4, just 1, just 2 bedrooms, etc.? It always has to be X+ whatever you're looking for. Why is it that when I put the maximum willing to pay for rent at a certain price point the right side consistently comes up with things WAY out of my price range? Or homes that are 6 bedrooms when all I want is one or two? Don't even get me started on how badly it "sorts" the homes/apartments, also. "Low to high" is a lie. Scrolling down I see 1,386, 1,209, 1690, 864. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I'm sure I'm not using the site wrong, I'm sure it's just a terrible site. I've had better luck just looking at Google maps. Seriously.

Tip for consumers: The only tip I have for using this site is to NOT USE IT.

steveg49
9/27/14

ZILLOW CAUSES INCALCULABLE DAMAGE BY THEIR COMPLETELY BOGUS ESTIMATES OF HOME VALUE. THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO WAY FOR A SELLER TO CONTEST A TERRIBLE ESTIMATE IS UNCONSCIONABLE. IF ANYONE WANTS TO START A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST ZILLOW I WILL BE AMONG THE FIRST TO WRITE A CHECK TO SUPPORT THAT. THEIR SECRET ALGORITHM MUST HAVE BEEN DESIGNED BY PEOPLE WITH NO REAL ESTATE BACKGROUND. MY INDEPENDENT APPRAISAL BY A CERTIFIED APPRAISER WITH THIRTY YEARS EXPERIENCE IN MY AREA IS $150,000 HIGHER THAN ZILLOW. I ABHOR ZILLOW AND WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM PUT OUT OF BUSINESS.

Tip for consumers: DON'T BELIEVE THEIR ESTIMATES OF A HOME'S VALUE. THEY ARE ABOUT AS ACCURATE AS HURRICANE TRACK FORECASTS BY A HURRICANE "EXPERT" BASED IN COLORADO.

ls48
9/25/14

Zillow is horrible to you if you are trying to sell your house by owner. Your pictures do not even show up properly. It is malicious activity that they do to you. They under assessed my property by $60,000 but kept a neighbors at over $40,000 over their assessed price. I contacted them several times. They do not care.

pauletteo
9/24/14

Sellers take action against Zillow's damaging information one solution:

My property is currently on the market in Danbury CT since March 2014 the problem is the same as every seller is and has experienced with Zillow across the U.S.....inaccurate damaging zesitmate numbers. I've spoken to my real estate agent numerous times about correcting it however there is no way for an agent or FSBO to correct the zesitmate number. In addition my agent was recently locked out of her own Zillow account with no other way to make contact with Zillow except by email.

Since March 2014 my agent has received one (1) inquiry via email about my property that individual said nice property priced to high according to the zestimate. With that I took action ASAP. I insisted that the agency remove my listing from Zillow's web site completely. I do not believe this will hurt the properties exposure since its accurately being advertised on all other web sites and Zillow has not produced a viable buyer.

I recently came across an article on line dated 9/11/2014 in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette
Northwood Realty of Pittsburgh PA recently pulled all their listings from Zillow for the same reason. I commend them for taking action against this company. I can only hope that other real estate agencies will do the same.

Thanks
Stuck In Danbury

Sellers have the choice not to have their property listed on Zillow. Maybe if more sellers did this and not use Zillow's web site that would send a clear message to them.

dona509
9/19/14

I have no problem with aggregators in real estate. They can serve a positive purpose in the business. I do have a problem with Zillow and its errors. I have a problem not mentioned by others. The Zillow map is inaccurate. My town's map doesn't include about 1/3 of the town. We've complained to Zillow and their response has been to admit their map is wrong but they won't fix it for another four months. When people use the site they never have a chance to see properties in the omitted section of town. If Zillow was seriously responsible, they would correct the map now. Every real estate professional in town knows that sellers are being damaged by Zillow with their faulty Zestimates but not everyone knows sellers are being damaged by the map problem. It is pure arrogance on Zillow's part to admit they have a problem with their map but refuse to fix it for several months.

jenb22
9/17/14

Zillow grossly overrated my home by 70k when I bought it in 2008 from a bank and in rough condition. Now with over $ 50k in improvements, they have grossly undervalued its value (they diminished 1/5 of its value within the last 30 days although home sales prices are trending upward in this area.). Similar houses in my area are selling in the mid $160k range, and they priced me at $115k. When I contacted them, they provided a canned and useless response. The result is that I own one of the larger and more updated homes on my street, and Zillow has it listed as a fire sale.

Tip for consumers: Ignore Zillow!!!!

Photos are before (with the big snowy bush ) and after.

maryl102
9/17/14

Their unwanted ads pop up in my inbox thru GO SMS text app almost every day. I have made repeated requests to them to stop, but the ads just keep coming. They are an unscrupulous company and you'd have to be crazy to have anything to do with them. I'll just keep telling people in every forum I can find until the harassment stops. DO NOT USE ZILLOW!!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE ZILLOW (GO SMS)

chrisf55
9/17/14

I own two homes in wv, but in different county. they have them both over listed i am trying to resell one. therefore i made a aaccount to try to adjust the price with no luck. so both the house are listed for 4.5-10 times more then there actually worth.

This site has completely made up numbers

Tip for consumers: Don't it is made by a 4th grader.

joet38
9/16/14

They use a computer to appraise my house? I have had every realtor tell me that because of the low Zillow number, the close on the actual value of the house is hard for the buyer to justify. It is the mindless fear that is somewhat justified that people believe what they see on the web, as fact. For that reason, zillow is robbing me of my opportunity to sell the house at the true market price. With these vampires on the market, only areas that their computers think have value will appreciate.

louiseo5
9/5/14

So my house with 5200 sq ft living space, with high end finishes, plus a 3200 sq ft framed out basement with a finished wine cellar and 3 car garage is worth only $40,000 more than a 3200 sq ft house with no basement and a 2 car garage..both sitting right next to each other on 20 acre parcels with killer views. Zillow is useless in my book. Perhaps it has some value in a densely housed area with cookie cutter tract homes, but for anything else it isn't worth the powder to blow it away.

Tip for consumers: Don't bother unless you want data on homes where there are dozens the same in a small area.

jimm778
9/3/14

Zillow is not even worth one Star it is such a pathetic source for values. Hopefully buyers and sellers both realize that fact and pay no attention to their values. Lowered the value of my house $40,000 in 3 days without any changes to the property in a major national boom area.

Tip for consumers: Do not waste your time on Zillow values they are all over the place and strictly an accident if accurate within 5-10%. This applies to buyers and sellers because they work both ways.

ericb67
8/29/14

Zillow is a pile of crap. Bringing as many property listings as possible into one place is fine. But their "Zestimate" of a home's value is inaccurate. By making a long distance guess of a home's value without sending a qualified, experienced local appraiser to the property is bunk. They are artifically manipulating the market by telling potential buyers an incorrect property value. This practice should be illegal as it constitutes a potential robbery of the seller's equity. We had a market analysis and an appraisal of our property done by independent companies and yet Zillow "Zestimated" the value 10's of thousands of dollars less than both. No wonder we haven't sold yet!

annef15
8/21/14

As first time buyers, my fiancé and I were very fortunate to find Mala Vaish through the internet. We had initially worked with a previous realtor and then started to look elsewhere when our expectations weren’t being met. Mala was a breath of fresh air! She is extremely responsive, always available, a trusted resource and a true expert in the market.
We had been looking for a home for over a year. After working with Mala for only 2 weeks, she found us the house of our dreams! The day we found our home, Mala re-arranged her schedule to help us put in an offer and skillfully guided us to wining a bidding war without going out of our budget.
Throughout the process, Mala continually sent us updates on progress along with things to be thinking about. Mala went above and beyond the call of duty; she provided excellent referrals to help us secure a Real Estate Attorney, Inspection Company and later even gave referrals on local cable/internet companies, sanitation departments etc. to ensure a successful transition into our new home.
Mala is a true trusted advisor! Being a first-time buyer, the process can be confusing, frustrating, stressful etc. but we were able to sleep easy knowing that Mala was on the case. She wouldn’t let anyone take advantage of us and did a lot of hard negotiating on our behalf.
Mala Vaish is wonderful and I strongly recommend her to everyone in need of a new home. If you want best-in-class, Mala is the way to go!

3 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zillow staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I have a post for sale by owner on Zillow. Can I put my phone number in the description of the house?
6/3/15
Answer
ah758
A: Hi, I actually put my number & email address in the description of the house FIRST before describing the house, due to Zillow allowing agents to take your customers. See Comments on the FSBO issues.
3 hours ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: Why are there real estate agents on my FSBO listing and when someone tries to email me it goes to the agent instead of me? Thanks
6/4/15
Answer
ah758
A: Hi, I've had the same thing happen to me. Zillow's response was it is a new feature and the Cs person answering was there's basically nothing they can do about it. Since I listed the home with Zillow, I have not had a single email sent to me with an inquiry. I don't know if Zillow is 'charging' for this ad space or what but it is a deceptive practice. It makes it look like the FSBO is working with the agents and we're not. Zillow needs to specifically state this. Plus they have it rigged so the Agent at the top of the list on YOUR listing is checked first when someone decides to send an email to the 'contact'. It doesn't automatically go to you, it will go to the first box checked of an agent. The potential buyer has to catch this, and check to contact the owner instead. Not likely to happen as I only caught this practice when I tested the response since I haven't been seeing any emails thru Zillow. As I say, it is a deceptive practice and seems Zillow is now worthless for the For Sale By Owner crowd. I had one realtor who didn't know I was the owner selling tell me the house I WAS selling wasn't on the market and could he 'help me with another house'...Basically Zillow was oh well so sad, nothing we can do.
3 hours ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Zillow staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

4 Photos for Zillow