US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

ah758

If you don't catch this a potential buyer who wants to contact the FSBO, is redirected to a real estate agent. (in 16 reviews)

stephanien3

However, it does give information about the prior sales for the home, which can be helpful! (in 75 reviews)

carolc28

No one should have to deal with a company like this pretending they know your house, and it's worth. (in 69 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

eda38
2/4/16

Putting it another way, if Zillow continues to fail to pay attention to its users, it will eventually simply collapse. There is virtually no way to help from Zillow if there are listing errors.

kareno23
2/2/16

This company harasses and bullies real estate agents and has mostly inaccurate home information

philipc50
12/31/15

Zillow will advertise on different sites showing different Zestimate values of a home, advertising upgrades improving home values then giving a home owner a very low Zestimate for a kitchen or bath upgrade, they fill many buyers with delusions they can buy a home for half its market value and insult the home owner..Zillow review your listings, what a joke! PINHEADS

rnfh
12/23/15

Bad experience with Zillow rep. OK to use their free stuff, will never have any cash relationship with Zillow. It is a trip, very hard to get out and the rep very unprofession when you want to get out. Worse than break up with your girlfriend or boyfriend.

bb112
12/18/15

What a total scam. Had listings set aside for weeks. Checking them daily. When sent to realtor today she responded back DO NOT TRUST ZILLOW. MOST ALL YOUR RECENT SAVED LISTINGS WERE ACTUALLY SOLD 7 MONTHS BACK. THEY ARE DECEITFUL AND A SCAM !! Please everyone, do not search or give any info through ZILLOW. YOU ARE WARNED !

lynnek9
12/18/15

"The purchase of the Dogwood Mountain house was about as easy as it gets. Michele helped negotiate our offer in a speedy and effective manner and organised our closing in a way that was beneficial for both buyer and seller.

It is a pleasure to work with Michele; she is knowledgeable, pleasant and very professional. She remembers details, always returns calls, and manages to make excellent, constructive suggestions in a subtle way".

andyk42
12/11/15

Deleted my account 2 times, which had tens of legit rental listings with all accurate information. Called and no response. I have lost ALOT of business from hem deleting my account, and will be taking legal action. Anyone with me?

nordiar
12/11/15

To Whom It May Concern,

I want to thank Mr. Craig Brown for helping me and my aunt through the refinancing of her home. He made us feel very comfortable in our dealings with him. He explained the process and the documents in a way that we could understand and follow. The best part for us, other than him being patient with us, was that he got the loan done when other banks turned us away.
I can’t him enough.
Sincerely

Paulette Williams

isaakm
11/5/15

Our Real Estate Salesperson Maksym (Max) Mysak from Exit Realty Today did an outstanding job to rent the apartment in our home. He was always prompt and professional. Max was personable and caring, as well. Max is very knowledgeable agent, who loves his job. He kept us informed at all times of the process. We felt extremely secure in our dealings with him. He help us the find a perfect tenant that will be perfectly fit in one bedroom apartment. I would highly recommend this real estate agent and his service to any others who may be in the market to buy, sell, or rent a home at the present time or in the future.... .

jasonh102
11/2/15

Purchased Real Estate Agent Ads from Trulia through a phone sales rep. Zillow misrepresented the Ad service and failed to disclose planned changes.
I purchased Real Estate Agent Ads from Trulia on May 4, 2015 based upon statistics the sales representative shared with be for the advertising area. I received leads (16-20 leads per month) for the are for the first 3 months of the 6 month term as the rep indicated.

After the second month using the Ad service, Zillow Group sent a notification that they were "integrating" the advertising platforms of Trulia and Zillow and that Advertisers would benefits from the changes. Once the change was complete, I was beginning my 4th month of the service and from months 4-6 received ZERO leads.

Zillow Group/Trulia blatantly misrepresented the advertising service they sold me over the phone. I repeatedly contacted the "newly assigned" sales rep who was very nice but told me that they don't have a means to cancel the term. When I expressed my dissatisfaction, he agreed to look up the number of "impressions" that were delivered in September and told me that the minimum threshold according to my agreement was not met, therefore they would refund that month of service. He informed me that he would contact the billing department and have a refund issued.

After 15 days of no communication, I sent an email to the rep and his supervisor to ask about the status of the refund. The supervisor replied that they will not issue refunds and they I can only stop payments when the end of the 6 month term is reached.

The Terms and Conditions were not reviewed with me at the sale. When purchasing the Ads the rep made no mention of the planned changes to the advertising platform, or what they called the "integration" which directly resulted in the LOSE of ALL LEADS being sent to me for the last 3 months of the 6 month term.

I didn't not physically or electronically sign a contract. The contract made was a verbal contract which the salesperson misrepresented in my opinion by not disclosing the upcoming changes. If these changes were disclosed I would have never made a verbal agreement to do business with an unknown advertising systems change.

them13
11/2/15

361 high st buffalo ny the property is no good the water is off and thats only reason she is selling it its not worth what she is asking for its a lot a
Of work that need to be done

karenl87
10/28/15

The sales rep I signed up with told me he would refund me if I was dissatisfied with the leads. NOT SO. He also switched product on me and then it changed again when Zillow and Trulia merged. The leads that came through were very few and far between and were NOT QUALITY. It was a total waste of money. It's better to put your money into promoting something good in your local area, network with real people and build a business by referrals rather than waste your time with these cold leads. Real estate is a people business, enjoy it - don't give away your money to the big corporations and 1% mentality of Zillow/Trulia.

williamh123
10/27/15

Before I put my home on the market as a FSBO, Zillow had it Zestimated @ $269,000. After I interviewed a few sellers brokers and decided to go it alone, I checked the Zestimate again and it was at $202,000. There was no indication that the Zestimate had dropped as per the last 30 days notice and when I contacted Zillow support they informed me that their calculation factors change. They would not tell me why a $60,000 plus drop in a week or why that drop was not indicated as such on their site. Something is fishy here......

robertc183
10/26/15

When we were looking for a real estate agent, we wanted someone who was knowledgeable and resilient. We wanted our agent to be great at multi-tasking, have lots of resources, and work fast yet efficient. After speaking to a few other agents, we decided on Margaret Vorder Bruegge and her partner Sharon Kinney of Coldwell Banker
Although Sharon was great, I delt with Margi for the most part. Margi went above and beyond our expectations. Our property was a family owned house, with 5 owners, that involved the 100% agreement on all terms from my 4 other siblings. Multiple ownership with partners can be difficult in itself, but our family dynamics made it very stressful and confusing for all . The house was the home of our late parents who had lived there for over 30 years. The emotional aspect just added to the stress. A very difficult project for any agent. Margi was extraordinary and a true professional. Her valuable experience, patience, and insight was key in working with multiple owners. She stayed focused, and through many obstacles, she was able to handle the transaction promptly and with finesse! I really liked the “teamwork” concept that Margi and Sharon have clearly perfected. When one was unavailable, the other was on call. I think ALL realtors should team up, because it absolutely is a better real estate experience.
Margi informed us of the progress every step of the way and kept all of us informed on a regular basis. She is tenacious, and reliable, and she got the job done in a timely manner!
Margi and Sharon are outstanding agents, and I would recommend them to anyone I know, which includes family and friends.

rays70
10/26/15

We like the idea of dealing directly with our tenants to make sure they will take care of our property. We placed our rent house on Zillow October 10th. Third responder signed a year's lease starting November 1st and happily stated our house was exactly what he was looking for. Will definitely use Zillow again in the future.

Thanks
Ray

marym235
10/20/15

Throw your money away with this company. The worst leads and waste of time. I had a convicted criminal trying to view my clients property......think it might of been a robbery???
Or worse.
Beware.

georgiep2
10/4/15

Zillow provides costs for homes without taking into account the many features of a house or the neighborhood. Zillow cannot calculate the true worth of a home and people and sellers are being put at a disadvantage when setting their price. Zillow underprices the value of homes, period.

helend26
10/3/15

Our agent, Edward Zamarripa did an outstanding job selling our home. He kept
us informed at all times of the process,during a difficult time. Mr. Zamarripa,
was very professional and I would highly recommend this real estate agent.

carlap20
9/30/15

Zillow is completely off the mark. It also seems to cater to the banks, brokers and the builders. I think the public should lodge a complaint with their state's attorneys since it is erroneously misrepresenting their properties with an algorithm or more accurately, a robot. A class action action suit is necessary for them to stop ruining possible real estate transactions and embellishing others. How legitimate can they be when they do not even answer phone calls or emails?

Tip for consumers: Don't expect any callbacks from Zillow, or if you do get one in a rare instance, you will get a very disinterested low informed clerk from Zillow citing their algorithm/robot. I wonder if the callback is not the robot that is misrepresenting the true values of our homes.

nojinp
9/22/15

When I was hunting for my future house, this website was helpful to choose one for me & my family. Also after getting one that I live now, I renewed the photos and information, which was thrilling and proud of. What's more, several reliable news said Zillow estimate doesn't influence on each property tax. About preciseness of estimate, I am satisfied overall.

mandeeps5
9/17/15

I find their service and response excellent. Other may had some issue but in my case they were fast helpful enough.

Thanks
Mandeep

lorraines20
9/14/15

Lina Lopes(Douglas Ellerman)was just wonderful.She guided us every step of the way in selling our home.Starting from the moment she came to our home to help us sell our house,we knew she was the person to help us through the process.No matter where she was if we called with a question ,she got back to us right away.she was always cheerful,and has a very positive personality,very professional as well.has a great team behind her.not only did she gel sell our home,she also helped us find a condo at a very good price.She is #1,and I would recommend her to anyone who is looking to sell or buy.Thank you Lina,your the best!Lorraine and Ralph

keithb67
9/10/15

Ms. Kara Schug, had our home sold in Tijeras, NM in ten days and, it was a water haul (low producing well). That was in May 2015. There was no holding back on the listing; it was a water haul.

Kara, knows the East Mountains of the Albuquerque, NM area. There are idiosyncrasies with those properties and she knows how to present them to the buyers. Very few in town realtors and few of the east mountain realtors are versed enough to detail these situations in the positive way needed to sell your property.

She is pumped. She hits the market ready to sell your home w/o hesitation. She can read the market for it's highs and lows and when time for listing approaches, "Let's do it now.".

During the selling process contact with her is at any time. Call her, text her or, email her; she's responding within very reasonable times.

She's a professional. OK, she's with Remax Pros but, outside of that I strongly recommend you call her for your real estate needs. Her opinion is well worth the call. Too she's a real nice lady.

robink22
9/5/15

Zillow's estimates are hard to decipher, especially when an estimate for a delapidated home in an OK neighborhood in Montgomery County MD lists for more than $500K when other larger and remodeled homes around it are estimated at nearly $100K less. Same with under-estimates that are based on some arcane and not well-defined criteria that does not make sense. Why does Zillow even offer estimates when they are so far off of what the real value is, including actual home sales in the area?

kathrinem3
9/2/15

This company has some incredibly stupid people. Every time I use it they do something to my account. They deleted my pictures the last time, this time they deactivated my account. I am so fed up with them. Last summer my rental property was worth 25,000 more than this summer and USAA has always had it at the same amount. So Zillow wants me to lower the price and they will list it I'm more places. REALLY what if it's worth more than they list it?????

sams205
8/28/15

Zillow's Mortgage quotes page had the best rates with lowest fees. Was better than what Bank Rate was showing. The lender we went with has been doing a great job so far. 5 stars!

dwightm19
8/22/15

My house sold and they have no clue. No clue on sales history, tax history, schools we would attend or why their value is off by over a million …. what a joke

mg44
8/14/15

Zillow is off it's rocker! When is someone going to do something about this site? They are portraying homes in the worst possible light as to their values! And buyers are relying on this information! How is a person supposed to be able put their house up for sale! Completely bogus site! How are they allowed to operate this way. Someone needs to put a stop to this.

johnc360
8/13/15

I was looking for a home to rent and saw what that is listed as a 5 bedroom 4 bathroom home however it is only a 3 bedroom 1 bathroom property

cindyb54
8/7/15

We recently put our condo that we spent the last six months renovating up for sale by owner. We did all the work. We renovated, advertised, staged and cleaned the condo thoroughly.

We made the mistake of listing it on Zillow. We had two calls the first day from direct buyers without Agents. We showed the home. They seemed to love it. We were told by the property managers that we have the most desirable location in the community. The community is also very desirable. This is why we decided to purchase the condo in the first place.

We put in stone flooring, slate patio, new paint, carpet, custom cabinets, granite etc. etc. We wanted to price it fairly- and really looked into comps in that community. We have been told also that it is very fairly priced.

We noticed that after the first day, the calls stopped and realtors appeared on our listing with the possibility to contact them to get information on the property. We received over 15 calls a day for four days from only Realtors.

Then i notices that it says on OUR for sale by owner listing "want to appear as the agent for this listing?" call this number. I called Zillow pretending to be an interested person. They explained to me that it is a way for the REALTOR to get their name out there and to have the opportunity to get involved in OUR sale. SNEAKY AND PATHETIC.

I then saw reviews from other sellers who say that Zillow directs the questions and inquiries to Realtors who know nothing about the property and who then either try to get involved to make money off the poor seller or they say that the property is not for sale.

I hope that the brilliant mind who came up with this method of sticking it to the seller puts their own blood, sweat and tears into a project only to have some one completely scam them like Zillow did to us. BEWARE OF ZILLOW

marthap21
8/5/15

I worked with Branch Manager Paul Bosec at Sierra Pacific Mortgage in Roseville, Ca., on refinancing my home. Not only did I get a great interest rate on my mortgage, but it was done quickly and efficiently! I am extremely pleased at how Sierra Pacific patiently helped me through all the questions and hurdles that came up during the process of my refinancing. I highly recommend Sierra Pacific Mortgage in Roseville under its present manager Paul Bosec to anyone who wishes to refinance their home with excellent professionalism and true interests in their clients and their needs.

jeromem27
8/4/15

I would like to let buyers and sellers in the Storm Lake Iowa area Know of a Dedicated and Helpful Real Estate Agent. Joanne Peters of Century 21 has been working with me on selling my home in Early Iowa about 15 miles from Storm Lake. Not only did she show my home but actually found a family that was perfect for this home. The home is quite big and was perfect for a big family that needed the room for growing children. She took the initiative to show my home to the family and with her help, we were able to work out a contract to initially lease the home to them, and finally sell the home approximately 6 months later. With her help it worked out as planned and the family is extremely happy with their new home. Very Nice, Professional and will Look out for your best interests. I would recommend that anyone moving into the Storm Lake Iowa to look her up as your Real Estate Agent.

marians5
7/7/15

I had a bad experience with a realtor... but he had only five star reviews, so I submitted mine, respectfully and within guidelines. Little did I know that my review never, never was published, and he continues to have only five star reviews. What a joke.

ap634
6/26/15

When we first started shopping for our home a few years ago our internet searches migrated toward Zillow. At first... Over time it became clear that this site was highly inaccurate, many of the homes were either no longer listed or sold.... Fast forward 3 years... We have since purchased our home (no Zillow was of no assistance in doing this. fortunately we had a fantastic realtor whom guided us in the right direction)
I was curious to see if current information was available upon the Zillow site as an experiment. Low and behold Zillow is at least consistent in that our home value and our neighborhood data was at least one year old. Listing values of 100K or more lower than what the current market and comps state. (even the satellite images shown are of dirt lots at least 3 years old) My warning to any who stray into this grey area of ineptitude.... Take it with a grain of salt. There are many other outlets who at least make an effort at accuracy. The only conclusion I can draw from this is that Zillow is only in business to generate revenue from advertising.

mikel188
6/15/15

Why not also give me Newark NJ? Or Staten Island? Your programmers cannot create correct "join" statements for your tables?

eileeno4
6/12/15

My active listing on Zillow is erroneously listed as Off Market. Yesterday morning Zillow "corrected" this temporarily, because later in the day it reverted to Off Market. Their history section claims that my realtor took it off the market yesterday, but my realtor stated that they never touched the site that day. I fear that potential buyers are overlooking my home due to this HUGE mistake. Zillow says that it often takes 3-4 weeks for MLS information to update on Zillow; this is unacceptable in today's real estate market. Also, Zestimates are not anywhere near correct; there must be a better site from which they make their calculations.

ah758
6/9/15

Why is a listing I just put in under FSBO being redirected first to other agents under the 'check to contact here section', before actually contacting the owner who's selling the property? I tested this 'anonymously' and already had one agent tell me that the listing I just put in wasn't for sale. Zillow support tells me they offer the buyer a 'buyer's agent' option - only the agent option is first to automatically be checked for contact. If you don't catch this a potential buyer who wants to contact the FSBO, is redirected to a real estate agent.

sueb40
6/8/15

Steve Palms on The Perna Team did a great job on the sale of my home. I worked with a different real estate agency prior to working with Steve without much luck. The professional photos and marketing plan used by The Perna Team sold my home quick. I am now working with Steve on purchasing a new home as well. I have already referred friends and family to use The Perna Team for their home buying and selling needs. Great job!

christineg31
5/18/15

susana66
5/2/15

UPDATE - Zillow sent me several links to get the problem fixed. One involved getting the agent to post the listing at NO charge, but after sending him the link and how to fix it, nothing happened. So I followed the link to re-post the house on my own- again - no charge. All the original listing information was there except for pictures, so after a few minutes uploading the pictures I wanted to show, the listing was back up. The only thing is that it now shows "For Sale By Owner"
Evidently there was a dispute between ListHub (feed provider) and the realtor. As the realtor himself could have fixed the problem for NO CHARGE, in less than 30 minutes, I am seriously thinking of upgrading realtors.
Though I feel that even if a listing has been pulled by a feed provider the status shouldn't be automatically "off market" unless there has been specific verification, I feel much better about Zillow.
Zillow refuse to show correct status of my house, which is FOR SALE. Zillow intentionally shows FALSE information by showing it "Off Market". I have tried to get them to correct this, but they refuse, and are causing me potential financial harm. I have reported them to consumer affairs, as they claim it is information in an MLS feed, which is FALSE. The MLS feed is received by all the realtors, and their sites are showing my house as "For Sale" and show proper price reductions. They should be required to show true information, not INTENTIONALLY show False information.

jenniferb99
4/22/15

I bought my 2 bedroom coop 2 years ago. Since then while the housing prices around me have risen significantly (the same exact units on the floors both above and below me both sold recently at much higher prices), Zillow has been regularly sending me notifications that the value of my home has dropped. Zillow now values it about a third of what I paid for it, and about one-fifth of to one-quarter of what similar units in my building and in my neighborhood have sold for.

billc80
4/13/15

Zillow always came in lower than what I thought properties were worth. I am selling my property and got offers 20% higher than what Zillow says. If your a seller don't listen to Zillow and look at market itself and if your a buyer don't listen to Zillow or you will miss your opportunity and get outbid on potential dream house.

drnathanm
4/11/15

My listing says off market on Zillow and my realtor cannot get it changed, 2 weeks of prime selling time lost. 37nebo74@att.net

angelac39
4/10/15

I agree with all the comments on Zestimate and share the frustration expressed by owners advertising on this website. But there’s another factor that nobody has mentioned: experience with local real estate agents.
Since Zillow and Trulia combined a few months ago, For Sale By Owner (FSBO) ads now appear on both websites. Owners are no longer asked whether they agree to pay the buyer’s agent a 2%-3% commission. Instead, real estate agents can now advertise their services, thus giving buyers an opportunity to contact the owner directly or seek an agent’s assistance.
Since this summer a trend has emerged. Some local real estate agents who do not advertise on Zillow or Trulia have approached me and offered to charge as little as 4% instead of the usual 5%-6%, if I let them list my property. This is a welcome change, but there is a catch. The 4% commission only applies if the broker himself or herself procures "a buyer who is ready, willing and able to purchase the property". If, however, another broker procures "a buyer who is ready, willing and able," the commission rises to 6% split equally between the two brokers. This is the Compensation clause found in the Exclusive Listing Agreement used in Florida.
Finally, sellers who use a real estate agent to represent them should also pay attention to the Conditional Termination clause which requires a seller to pay expenses incurred by the agency in marketing the property, if the agreement is terminated.
I continue to believe that the Zestimate should be removed but, given the recent changes in Zillow's website and the addition of Trulia, I am prepared to raise my rating to two stars.

lynnh35
3/11/15

My house was listed as being in a different ( very low ranking) school district. People have actually refused to view my house because of this. I have contacted Zillow repeatedly to have this corrected. They have admitted their mistake but say they are not able to make any changes to my listing for at least a month until their next system upgrade.

Tip for consumers: Run away. Try realtor.com instead

mikel186
3/9/15

1. No on the ground knowledge of home values.
2. Do not go by these values as they are off as much as 20% in either direction.
3. Location of house does not matter to them, when we have all learned that location is very important when it comes to real estate.
4. A house can be on dry land or have a beautiful water view and that is not taken into consideration.
5. Do your own due diligence, check your location, speak with neighbors, go to a reliable real estate agent and save yourself a lot of mind games and aggravation than by using Zillow.

kathleent5
3/4/15

As a premier agent on Zillow.com, the consumer needs to know how inaccurate this web-site is on their zestimates and at times homes that are no longer on the market are still listed as active listings on Zillow.com. Consumers need to contact a local Real Estate Professional to obtain the most accurate information for homes that interest them. Also, I would like people to know that Premier Agents pay Zillow a lot of money every month and sometimes don't receive many leads. Every time I have spoke with anyone at Zillow, it seems their favorite word is "unfortunately." They want a lot of money per zip code but everything has to be their way. Even when I would like to pay my bill early to Zillow, the word I get is "unfortunately." I can go online to my bank, to department stores, to all my utility companies and pay my bill any time I would like but EVERYTHING you want out of Zillow.com is "Unfortunate."

susiep3
2/10/15

We were very impressed with our service. They were always prompt and professional. They were personable and caring, as well. We felt extremely secure in our dealings with them. I would highly recommend this service to any others who may be in the market to buy, sell, or rent a home at the present time or in the future.

billr31
2/5/15

Living in an area with low available housing and high cost rentals, the housing in my neighborhood seems to have doubled in value. I'm talking big dollars, $2M versus recent sales of around $1M. Makes me wonder if realtors prod Zillow to make home values much higher than they really are so homeowners will think about selling. What I can say for sure is these high values don't represent reality. What I find Zillow to be good for is that it provides me with a "feel good" value of my property ... although the value is greatly over-inflated. My over-inflated property value provides me with great comfort for now until the day I actually plan to sell the house and then I'll go into a deep depression. By the way, odds are the five-star reviews are provided by realtors!

johnnyy
1/28/15

My experience of adding two listings for rental is just ridiculously horrible. After I add the first listing, it is showing on the search but the detail info and photos belonged to another home. You report the problem but there is no response.

13 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zillow staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question