US Government's NSF
Review of Zbiddy

Zbiddy reviews

427 N Tatnall St # 67128
Wilmington, Delaware, USA

People interested in Zbiddy are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

bobg10

I am not sure what the other users couldn't see but the price was right on top of the place i put my Credit Card in. (in 30 reviews)

thomash5

Cons: Costs up to 60 cents for each bid and it might it could take a lot of bids to win. (in 52 reviews)

markr22

I had an issue with one of the products I bought and the customer service I got was incredibly friendly and helpful. (in 13 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

ginnys2
4/28/12

today i rec'd an e-mail inviting me to their site; not sure why i went, but glad i did . . . i didn't buy anything - bids or products, but i did surf the site, read about how it works, etc. then i watched the bidding . . . oh my, i'm 53 and a banker (yes, a dreaded banker) and i really believe the people behind this site are awful -- this is just not right! if an ipad sells for $30.00, that would be 30x100 bids since they are a penny each . . . the company makes $1800 in bid income at 60 cents a bid!! i really don't see how they remain in business . . . .

jacks51
4/28/12

Zbiddy is not a fraudulant website. They're in this business for more than a year now. I had contact their customer support at 1-888-406-6509 to get my issue resolved.

stephenl13
4/26/12

I won several restaurant .com gift cards and the numbers are bogus. when one goes to restaurant .com they then have to purchase something more and then the gift recepit is deducted from the total amount. Plus 18% gratuity is added to the bill.. Also i believe it is the employees of zbiddy who are driving up the prices on its Auction site, they call it a penny auction. The way the bids work for every penny bid they make 9 cents off of it, and if you win the bid, then you are charged handling and shipping fees, and they don't send anything to your physical address it goes to your email account. and then the set of numbers u need to put in on the restaurant.com site... Please Be warned about these so called Penny Auctions. They are total scams.

jasong15
4/17/12

Zbiddy is the best penny auction site. I won several items including an iphone. You need patience and strategy to win on such website.

bobbiem3
4/16/12

I received an email from someone stating the product were so cheap to bid on because its a new site, and not many people know about it. You have to buy a certain amount of bids. Once any item gets down to 12 seconds, so many people (or generated people?)start bidding, no one ever wins. Or at least I never saw anyone win anything other than more bids. I spent over $85 on bids. In 2 1/2 hour and couldn't win anything. Wasted hard earned money.

nixn
3/27/12

Zbiddy is best penny auction website. Everyone should try this website.

russellt
3/16/12

First of all I don't work for this company. I have a tip for everyone. Sign up at the cheapest level first. Then, call them and say you didn't know you had to pay to play. They will immediately start giving you discounts. I said no I want my money back 10 times and each time they offered me something more. When it was the same deal the 9th and 10th time, I knew I got the best offer. They charged me $99. I got them down to $26 via a refund, got to not only keep all bids purchased but they gave me 200 more and a fee $25 restaurants.com card.

Site Experience: I have purchased 3 $50 restaurants.com cards. It seems they don't have their employees bidding on this deal if what people say is true. I got the cards and they really are worth money. You use the cards to buy vouchers to save a crapload of money at restaurants you want to eat at. So, for $10 you get $35 or really $25 off your dinner.

WARNING: Do not buy magazine subscriptions, even for 37 cents. They charge a "delivery fee" that exceeds the cost of the entire subscription.

I have yet to win any other auctions but I have been told that if you login at 430AM on a weeknight, it is the best time. I have not done so but have heard you can get stuff way cheap as nobody is bidding.

TIP: Best deal is bid for gift cards. Even if you pay $22 for a $25 gas card, you saved money. I have seen $25 gift cards go for as little as $11 for Shell, Mobile, Olive Garden, etc. However, still not sure if its just the employee's bidding it up until everyone quits.

Final Words: Jury is out on this but I have won restaurant.com cards for really cheap. I paid $1.90 and $3.24 for $25 cards. So, there is something to this regardless of all the people who seem to hate this website. Be smart about it but know it can be a big time waster.

chrisieh
3/13/12

This site is a total scam and should not be allowed to be in business!!

robins16
3/12/12

This is not a penny bid site, each bid cost you .60 cents. If you bid on something and loss you do not get any of your bid money back IT'S GONE.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE

joannd5
3/12/12

WHAT A SCAM!!!! I purchased bids only because they were half price. I had a total of 95 bids(most were given because I called and complained). I won 2, what I thought were resturant gift cards. I not only paid for the bids, it cost me $17.?? plus the other was also $17.??. No they arent gift cards like you win on Quibids, but you have to go the a website(they have to mail you a code) you then print it out and take it to a resturant in your zip code(has to be a participant) and if you order $35.00 (example) worth of food the $25.00 I won can be applied to it!! What a joke!! Stay away, I don't know where these people are that spend $.60 per bid on lets say an IPAD and you win it for $351.00(example but they do get up very high), You pay very close to what you can buy one for. Quibids never goes over $100 for Ipads and many are way below. Everything on Zbiddy is 4 times the price you should win something. I go SCAMED!!

raym53
3/8/12

This a dubious business site. They clain you can win a deal, but in fact, you probably spend as much if not more.
My main objection is that the spam email they send has pre-defined codes that trick you in buying a $159 initial bid-package ( 250 bids, or something like that ). When I called to say that it was a mistake, and please cancel it, they refused to cancel it. Instaed, they offered me $100 GAS CARD. But when I received the GAS CARD, I found out it is not a CARD but a $10/week Voucher program with very dubious 'fine print'. this is how they have set it up work :

1) They will send me a $10 voucher after registration ( who knows how long it will take)
2) I have ONE week from the date of issue ( what is there to prevent them from mailing it 5 days after issue date so that by the time it gets to me to me it is already passed it's due date !! ) to buy more than $10 worth of gas ( what if my tank is still full ??? )
3) Then I have to send it back to them with the original gas bill ( what is to prevent them from accidentally losing it or displacing the receipt or claim it never got to them ! ) .. there is no replacement voucher as per their 'fine print' instructions .....
4) then I have to wait 3-4 weeks for the next voucher ( per the fine print )
5) If the voucher and receipt were to their satisfaction, they will send me a $10 check
6) After 3-4 weeks, when I receive the NEXT voucher, the game restarts again ( from step 2-5 )
7) And all this is to happen in a 27-week period ( based on their own estimates, if it takes 3-4 weeks to process each voucher, it can easily take 40 weeks to process the 10 voucher )

This is clearly setup to mislead and confuse. IF YOU CALL THEM, MAKE SURE YOU RECORD THE CONVERSATION. It can be admitted in Small Claims Court ( hey , if Honda can be sued in SCC, why not these guys ! ) .

My suggestion ; Stay Away from this site !!! It is not worth the hassle ( and no, you do not win much unless you get very lukvuy and have lots of time on your hand !!! )

susanc33
2/24/12

You spend money to buy bids and then get in bidding wars that either make the item you are bidding on not much of a bargain or you never win!!! The screen refreshes and moves the bids around so you have to keep looking to see where the things you are bidding on have moved to, the bidding goes on for HOURS since every 1 cent bid refreshes the time for another 15 seconds. If you keep bidding the cost goes up and you don't forget to check for "transaction fees" that are added to the cost or the item ( you have to click on the item and scroll to the bottom of the page to see this charge) , and remember you BOUGHT the bids, so bidding wars also push up your price of the item plus you need to consider that each click to bid costs you a bid that you BOUGHT! The Bids are gone wether you win the auction or not!!!! But if you wait till the last second to put in a bid so you are not wasting your bids in the fruitless bids - you get invalid transaction and don't win anything! So you either spend a fortune on bids to be able to stay in the race and drive the cost of the bid item up so it isn't such a great price or you don't win anything because last second bids are always "invalid transactions".

katharineh
2/13/12

I was sent to zbiddy from another site I was on. It said "free registration," so I signed up. It went directly to a page asking for my credit card info, which I entered, assuming that it would be kept on file, as on other sites, for when I decided to make a purchase. I do admit that I wasn't paying attention. I did not notice the tiny bar at the top of the page stating that I had bids. I didn't realize they were costing me anything, until after bidding on a bunch of different things, I received a text message from my bank about a recent purchase. I hadn't made any purchases, so I checked, and sure enough, zbiddy.com had taken $99 out of my account. When I called their "customer service" dept., they offered me $100 in restaurant gift cards. Restaurants??? Hmm... wonder if I can send those in with my car payment... think they'll accept them??? I didn't think so either. They were rude, snide, and amused at my expense, and I will do all I can to recoup my $99. Unfortunately, they told me I was speaking to the only supervisor in the company. That sounds likely. They would not give me the name of their boss, who is supposedly the owner of this disgraceful company. This supervisor spouted a lot about ethics. What a joke!!! HATE this site, owners should be ashamed of themselves.

cindys12
2/5/12

This site is a total ripoff! I too was charged over $100 on my credit card when I thought I was only entering my card in case I won something. It is very misleading. I just joined right before Christmas and they sent me an email 2 days ago that my bidding credits will expire...only 2 days notice!! This is an outrage. DO NOT join this site. I have never ever in my life posted a negative review of any site whatsoever but this is just not right. They need to be shut down.

elishaz
2/1/12

Do not click anything that has anything to do with this site. They fool you into registering with secure credit card information and charge your card immediately. THIEVES!! Then you call there customer service and they give you the run around and do not refund you the full amount of your $$$. I strongly caution you from using this site.

shawnm9
1/27/12

Thanks for contacting us. An operator will be with you shortly...

Due to high volumes, we are experiencing longer than usual hold times. We will address your specific issue promptly.
Answers to most of your questions can be found out by visiting our FAQ section. Click here for more information.
[Judy]

Thank you for contacting ZBiddy Customer Support.

My name is Judy. how may I help you today?

[shawn] Worst $#*!ing penny auction site ever....too much free bid $#*!...not enough real $#*!...overload on bidding...f'n bull$#*!
[shawn] i will never recomend this site...PERIOD
[Judy] Shawn, I have seen that you are a great customer and you have win 5 actions
[shawn] $#*!in magazines that you still pay for the year subscription....not even a steal...$#*!in 25 dollar transaction fee....???!!!...wat magazine cost 25 dollars to ship...$#*!in scam
[Judy] Shawn, you have won a subscription for the magazine for a year, that is why the shipping cost
[shawn] right...so why not just get the subscription some place else...http://www.magazinesubscriptions.com/car-and-driver-magazine-subscription.html they have it for 11.97....half the price that i paid plus the bid cost...this is why its a scam...we the bidders are not winning anything...overpaying is what we are...$#*!ING BULL$#*!
[shawn] ? no comment ?...do you see that im right? and your wrong...? and that me the customer has been scammed? ....and that im not pleased?....?
[Judy] Shawn, We make our profit out of the bids you purchase, this way you can take advantage of the great savings, please take a look at the video we have posted on our site by going to this link http://www.zbiddy.com/how_it_works.html
[shawn] OMG...ha...yes i understand this...but as a auction site...you are the worst...you have one to two items that are actually good..but the rest is lame bidz and magazines...therefore you have a overload of bidders on the one or two items....its ridiculous....and dont tell me you dont make profits off of the magazines....its a advertisement...
[Judy] Shawn, if you want you can call us to better assist you, We’d be happy to help you with your request over the phone, please call us at 1-877-403-6978 during regular business hours 8am-12am EST, Monday-Sunday. One of our live agents will be able to attend to your request.
[shawn] lol...you've given up on me?...to pawn me off to a phone number...?...just refund me my money and ban my ip address...and ill be a happy camper...
[Judy] I understand your request and I'm really willing to help you with this, however I don't have the authorization to process your cancellation right now, we need you to reach us over the phone. Just please, give us a call.
[Judy] Shawn, I just wanted to check if there is anything else I can assist you with? If not, I will be ending the chat now. If you do have further questions, please do not hesitate to come back to our live chat, or call us at your convenience at 1-877-403-6978. Thank you for your time today.

karenf10
12/27/11

Never go there unless you want to loose your money! I saved up over 400 bids and tried to win a $100.00 gift card, you can't do it! If you get close to winning they freeze the screen then you loose your spot and just wasted all kinds of time.Easy to win the free bid stuff but thats about it. Save yourself some time and money and stay away from this scam!

jenb6
12/26/11

I am using this website for long time. According to me, this site is perfectly good website.

markk15
12/11/11

$159 charge to sign up is obscured. Feel ripped off. Don't intend to use. Just wanted to look around.

kathleens3
11/25/11

OMG I could not use the ez biddy- would not accept it saying my start price has to be higher then the bid price! it was! connection issues. you never knew when you were winning or not. IM help does not respond. on and on. I want my freaking money back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

christinah5
11/24/11

I signed on for Zbiddy today. The site crashed multiple times as I was bidding. I used the live chat. They did not assist me. I tried logging in, they said my password was wrong. I have no idea how that could be. I checked my spam. Apparently I "won" 17 bids within 3 minutes. That is interesting. Stayed on the customer support line for 15+ minutes. Eventually they gave me a full refund and closed my account for me. So, other than this being a huge waste of time, at least I got my money back. I'd stay away though - this whole site is a scam.

dawng4
11/6/11

Ok I never ever write reviews this is my first in 42yrs. So I go into my email and I click on the penny auction email. My first thought was yeah ok I will give it a try.. motivating thru the site it asked me to sign up and said they needed my credit card # just like everyone else on here. So they charged my credit card 159.00 I was upset that I didn't quite understand why I was being charged (not like ebay where you register your cc and bid and pay yourself thru paypa) So I thought what the heck I will give it a try.. Here is what happened.. I bid on a kitchen aid mix master I was gonna buy one anyway so I started bidding the picture shows a red one... So I kept bidding I ended up spending 170.00 on bids to try and win the mixer it was getting scarey so I just ended up purchasing the mixer for full price they took my 179.00 off the bid and I had to pay 129.00 for the buy it now button..So now I paid full price and had to pay 15.00 for shipping which comes to 315.00 total. My experience was the same as others I spent 5 hrs on zbiddy waiting for the auction to finally quit. It just kept going.

I paid for the mixer and didn't get it for three weeks I had to call them to find out why it hadn't been sent... They finally did send it so I thought I was getting the red artisan model mixer from kitchen aid and the box says almond. Very dissappointing. Now Kitchen aid has a rebate on the mixer so I need a receipt for the kitchen aid so I went back into the zbiddy site logged on and they apparently have no record of me purchasing the kitchen aid.. So I am so angry at this point like others I am going to voice my opinion they are getting thousands of dollars for an item and making some serious cash on banking you will register and put 159.00 on your credit card. I CANT SAY THIS ENOUGH KEEP YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY CAUSE IF YOU BID ON ANYTHING IN THE SITE AND YOU DON'T WIN YOU WILL BE FORCED TO HIT THE BUY IT NOW BUTTON OR LOSE ALL YOUR BID MONEY... GREAT SCAM BY ZBIDDY!!!! SORRY ZBIDDY YOUR WEBSITE ISN'T FOR ME ATLEAST ON EBAY I DON'T LOSE MY HARD EARNED MONEY.

leenaj
11/3/11

I have been biddy on this site for last 11 months. I found this site to be good.

bobp12
10/28/11

I did what so many people have done.... I fell for the oldest trick in the book. If it is too good to be true then it is a scam.!!!.. Seriously, think about how many people are on this site and how many bids they get at $0.60 a pop. I am really scared to see what they charged me to sign up. I was just fishing around and found the site. I wanted to bid, so I submitted my credit card info. I really am experiencing buyers remorse right about now. WISH I DIDN'T GET INVOLVED IN THE FIRST PLACE. If you enjoy flushing hard earned money in the toilet then maybe this is for you.

sylvesterc
9/21/11

ZBIDDY is simply a scam.

georgianad
9/7/11

this site isn't worth the time. at 60 cents a bid and no set end time for any of the auctions, there is very little chance of getting an item at a good price. Further, I've been watching this site for a couple of months now and its the same items over and over again. Also there have been comments by people that the site itself has set up phoney bidders to keep the bidding going and I won't be surprised, you watch an auction and it doesn't make sense the number of bids a bidder is making on an item worth like 50 bucks. DO BOTHER WITH THIS SITE IT SUCKS

kr263
8/29/11

This site is a rip off. You will never win ! Trust me!

ditchim
8/24/11

pure scam!!! don't waste your money here. ebay is definitely much better and more guarantees in terms of product availability and time. i bided on something where 13 seconds was 4 hours and still counting...!!! this place is a joke.

shlomon
8/18/11

I have had a terrific (so far) experience on the site. Began with a $10 buy won, won, then won again. (ok the last win was a buy now execution) But seriously if you have some time to burn this may be your cup of tea. *** its nothing like ebay***

markr22
8/10/11

zbiddy is underrated. I'm honestly kind of surprised at the two-star rating here. I had an issue with one of the products I bought and the customer service I got was incredibly friendly and helpful. One thing most sites suck at today is service - look at facebook and google, where you have to dig and dig to find their contact information. I've seen complaints about zbiddy, but if people have issues they should contact the site directly. As for the site itself, the auction format is fun and engaging and theres a pretty wide range of products and gift cards. Make sure you read the fine print though - when you create your account you're also purchasing a bid package. There's no free signup.

jamesm22
8/10/11

As far as penny auctions go this one is pretty good. Would like to see more bid package options and more apple products. Overall great site though

jarredl
8/2/11

good site. 3 things you must know.

1. must be patient. (big items can take hours to win)
2. choose small items first (they close much faster)
3. you need to pay to bid.

sarah257
7/28/11

The last 15 seconds of the bid went on for over 24 hours. You never will win it. I used EX buddy which increased the chances of winning as it bid for you automatically. Towards the end of the bidding, it never bid for me or many others but it did for the person that won the item 6 times in a row. They suck. The winners are fixed ahead of time. Their practices are almost illegal. Don't make these crooks any richer

bobg10
7/26/11

Zbiddy was really cool. I am not sure what the other users couldn't see but the price was right on top of the place i put my Credit Card in. I didn't understand the site 100% when i signed up so I called the number on the page and a really nice girl helped me out. Then I tired it... I did exactly what she told me to do. I tried the beginner auctions first and it was an easy win. I won 20 Bids. Then I went for the $25 american express credit card. Tonight I think I am ready to go for the iPad... I love Zbiddy.

anthonye
6/30/11

ZBiddy is a scam - I have been onitoring this auction (I did sign-up and I bought a 'bid-package.
I NOticed that the same 'bidders' seem to be bidding on the auction running up the price - and eventually winning, over and over. They are obviously 'bots' - (roBOT bidders - not real people)- so the real people who bid, have no chance of wining. Unless it's for a $5 Chilis Gift card - big deal....
Total SCAM - don't waste your money !!!!

mikeb37
6/26/11

Thought I was getting bids for 60.00 but was charged 60.00 plus 59.00. Also bidding was crazy with .60 a bid for individual .01 bids for these products. Near the end of auctions I was blindsided by the 10 second extension of time for last bids and when the bidding stopped a lot of the same people were winning. I won one 5.00 auction for a Chilli's gift card that had a seven cents bid on the books for
6 hours. THESE PEOPLE ARE FRAUDS!

amirp1
6/24/11

This Penny Auction site looks like a big problem and I personally wouldn't use zBiddy. Just looking at how many complaints filed on zBiddy http://www.scambook.com/browse/index/company/274/zBiddy

elviraa
6/15/11

I yes register and they charged my account $99.00

jeffs15
6/4/11

I didn't anticipate being charged for bids when I was registering. Thought I was just providing inf in case I win an item. They hit my debit card IMMEDIATELY for $159. Thought maybe I could recoup by winning an item. Unbelievably frustrating. You have to be glued to the computer for hours to have any chance. If you glance away, you may waste all your time and bids. I was bidding on a 22" LCD TV last night. I clicked immediately when the timer said "GOING", which I have done several times, but this time they closed the bidding. That happened to me twice, and both times the item went to someone with an 'auto bid'. I am very suspicious the company 'bought' the item, since it closed IMMEDIATELY.
I tried to log on this morning (6/4/11) and my AVG blocked it because of a virus or malwear threat. Never going back

jeffr43
6/3/11

This used to be called z bid.I. used them....what a ripp off! Tell all your friends to stay away! Call the consumer protection agency and file a complaint...if they get enough complaints they will close them down. I feel that the bidders are in fact employees, and since an employee wins the prize, it can be re sold or people.bid on something that nobody will win! The consumer protection agency should outlaw such businesses? They probably are already aware of this scam! Everybody get a hold of them and voice your anger..there IS strength in numbers!!!!!!

janea5
5/8/11

Credit card billed $157 without my permission & phone # is difficult to find on site.
to complain. This is definitely a scam. Stay away!!!

phyllisg
4/27/11

ripped off, will dispute the charge to my credit card, then they had the nerve to call me the same day and ask how was my experience! You can guess what I told her and she offered me 25 free bids to lure me back. Stay away from this fraud and scam site!!

mariog1
4/26/11

it's a scam they keep resaling the same items check the list of fallowers and you won't see any of those names bitting they make there own names is a SCAM

jimg9
4/19/11

Crooks, a scam I sholhd have won an auction as my bid was deducted before the auction end but it still went to some else. Crooks, scam artists, shut them down but the FTC will not do that
JG

davidb49
4/14/11

This is a business that sells bids for $.60 apiece that yo can use ot bid on a product. It is set up so that your chance of winning is remote and that the bidders (Bettors) will cumulatiely spend much more than the item costs.

Calling this gambling game an "auction" is a perversion of the language. It is a scam through and through.

robinr2
4/1/11

WARNING WARNING WARNING This site is a TOTAL TOTAL TOTAL RIPOFF. It is not an auction site it is a roulette wheel lottery. I'm going to every review site and can find and put this out there.

timr6
3/31/11

WHAT A SHAME ,,, IT IS A GOOD IDEA, BUT THIS IS JUST A SCAM

charlesm2
3/26/11

i thought i was just signing up, i didn't know i was being charged for signing in, this web site is a scam.

thomash5
3/12/11

Bottom line: You can save a lot of money on individual items if you have the time and are willing to pay up to 60 cents for each bid even on those you lose.

Pros: If you are lucky enough to win the item you will pay much less than retail price.

Cons: Costs up to 60 cents for each bid and it might it could take a lot of bids to win. There's an upfront cost of $159 for 259 bids to start which isn't very clear when you start checking out the site. The selection is very limited. Since each bid in the last 10 seconds adds another 10 seconds or so it can take hours to complete a sale.

The company's method for making money is based on the number of bids. I watched an iPad go for about $87 which means it took 8700 bids at a penny each to get there. If all those bids were at the maximum cost of 60 cents that means the Zbiddy made about $5200 on bidding which more than covers the cost of a $500 iPad.
Bidding is very frustrating. There's no sense in bidding until the last 10 seconds which is when everyone gets involved. However, its really not the last 10 seconds since each bid adds more time. There seems to be two main strategies. One is to bid with about 10 seconds remaining and hope you're the last bidder and time runs out. The other one is to wait until the last second which allows you to wait to see if others will still bid without always wasting a bid. However, it adds about 10 more seconds and allows more time for someone else to bid. To help in bidding you can look at the history to see what the item has sold for in the past but it's often quite different based on how many people are on at the time. I've seen an iPad go for about $27 and up to $87 which is a difference of about 6000 bids. That's potentially a lot more bids you put in for yourself plus a lot of additional time considering every 10 seconds counts for about 3-8 bids on average.
When you buy bids they are 60 cents each. There are plenty of opportunities to buy bids as part of the auction. I did this once using 3 bids to buy 50 bids for 47 cents plus $1.99 processing fee. Buying this way got me more bids at about 5 cents each versus 60 cents. Another time I tried bidding on another 50 and it got to over $3 and I used about 12 bids before finally quitting. If you like Zbiddy though this is the only way to get more bids.
I think one of the keys to being successful is to bid at odd times when there are less people on. On weekends and evenings it just seems like the prices go up a lot higher. Another thing is to watch and see how many people are bidding. If action is pretty heavy just wait a while before you start wasting bids. You risk people just all of a sudden stopping the bidding but you won't waste as many bids. The site does provide a tool to bid for you when you're away but you have to have some idea what price it may go for. You can put in multiple prices for up to a total of 25 bids. I tried this but on a couple it never triggered because the price didn't get high enough and on another I wasted 10 bids because the price went a lot higher than what I predicted.
If you do waste a lot of bids the average cost of all the bids you've purchased can be applied against the retail price of the product. I bid on some Bose headphones and was getting frustrated so I just threw a bunch of bids on it and then bought them. This was when I decided I had enough of Zbiddy.
For those who like the challenge of winning and have the time to watch you can get great items at a much cheaper prices. However, you almost need to think of this more as a lottery. The more bids you put out there the higher odds you have but you're paying for each of those bids like paying for tickets in a lottery. Also, when you get an item don't forget the cost of your bids are part of your overall cost which Zbiddy does show you when bring up the item individually. Personally, I prefer eBay where there's an unlimited selection, you can predict a price, and when time runs out, time runs out.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zbiddy staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: For ALL OF US that have been ripped off by zbiddy or rockybid.

OK So I have done a little background sleuthing on what is going on with zbiddy and other similar penny auction sites.

This Penny Auction Site zbiddy.com is a HUGE scam.

zbiddy owners plant positive experiences on here (reviewopedia) and on the Penny Auction Watch forums(PAW) to bait people into playing and buying bid packs or to join their site. Buying bid packs to bid on items? What a joke and scam!

And you thought being ripped off 99 bucks upfront was scandalous?
Pshaw! This is just the beginning of your woes! If you were smart enough to REPORT THIS to your credit card company and cut the losses you really haven’t lost that much.

For those of you that chose to use the bids and descend further into this madness here’s the scoop: It’s not even an auction THEY JUST CALL IT that, it’s more like a lottery THAT IS IF IT WAS RUN LIKE ONE, and IT ISN’T!

Go to Flippa[dot]com and search “penny auctions”

There you can see how these operates by the use of controlled bots on autobid to scam any real people into buying more and more bid packs until the reserve price has at least been met for that item that’s bid on. They aren’t in the business to LOSE money and will NEVER sell an item below value. If not enough real people are bidding on a particular item for a while, they will end the auction to a bot name. They will then list the bots name in the “Auction History” section to make it look as if REAL people actually win and auction is honest & fair.

They cheat you and make a killing from people like you that bought into it. Some will even go as far as to advertise on social networking sites such as “FACEBOOK” and write stories of winning items for $4 and so on to get people to join the site.

In fact they are so low that they will create fake accounts with stolen pictures of REAL people to simulate happy zbiddy customers who just got that new in the box PlayStation or iPod.

I call it their, “Fake Social Environment” where they ask and answer their own questions attempting to create an illusion that they are a reputable business like Ebay or Amazon. For example they will say, “I just won 12 Lap Tops for $40 and they all arrived today in factory sealed boxes! I love this site!”

They also run scripts from third world countries which do nothing but spam YouTube and reviewopedia with precanned responses to any critique, for example it will say:

“I guess you need to understand that any penny auction site requires you to buy bids upfront. You need to read the fine print. zbiddy is legit and has been in business for a year”

Anyone can do this… so easy to make money. What these scammers also do is, they MAKE sure that the server that hosts your scam auction is located outside of the USA so you can get around Federal Gambling Regulation laws. If the heat gets to be too much, then they shut the scam auction down and re-open under a new name. There is no way to do anything about them really, because they just keep showing up under new websites and new banners. For example rockybid.com and zbiddy.com and a number of lesser known outfits are all operated by the same people. Both of these um “companies” are under investigation by the Florida Office of the Attorney General

Here’s the copy from their website:

The case file cited below relates to a civil — not a criminal — investigation. The existence of an investigation does not constitute proof of any violation of law.

Case Number: L12-3-1029

Subject of investigation:
Ecom Interactice, LLC d/b/a zbiddy.com

Subject’s address:
2200 S.W. 10th St., Deerfield Beach, FL 33442

Subject’s business:
Internet – Penny Auction

Allegation or issue being investigated:
Potential 501.204, Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices, by penny auction site. Business does not adequately disclose its terms and policies. Consumers allege that they are being charged before granting authorization for payment to zbiddy. Consumers also allege that they are attempting to cancel services and/or request refunds and that they are unable to obtain refunds of unused bids.

I tried to post this information on as many business review sites as possible to warn good honest people and I urge everyone to repost to as many sources as you can.

So rememer how I said that rockybid and zbiddy are run by the same crew?

So here’s the final piece of information I dug up before the leads started to go dark, this one is from the Domain Registration site that currently has this information set to private:

Whois info for rockybids.com

Technical Contact:
Benjamin Grossman (big@gmcap.net)
+1.7184543644

Source:

Both Rockybids and Zbiddy have now hidden this information using whois guard.

Benjamin Grossman appears to be the money behind both of the rockybid and zbiddy operations but a little company named Ecom Interactice, LLC appears to be registered by one Gilboa Merdinger also known as Gil Merdinger. This character is the one behind this ginormous RIPOFF SCAM. He also appears to own a number other lesser known websites that run essentially the same php web template to cheat you out of your hard earned money.

FBI, FTC and BBB have all been inadequate in dealing with this GIANT SCAM so far and I am not holding out my breath. District Attorney Pam Bondi who is heading the Investigation in Florida is my last hope here.

I shall continue to investigate this string of scams, however I urge everyone who has been taken in this Holiday Season to write an email to Attorney General Pam Bondi.

CONTACT HER HERE: http://myfloridalegal.com/contact.nsf/contact?Open&Section=Attorney_General

Demand that a criminal investigation be started into Gilboa “the Brains” Merdinger and Benjamin “the Funds” Grossman. The more people she hears from regarding these 2 GIANT SCAMMERS the more chances there are that something is done.

Oh and please feel to REPOST anywhere you like ;)
11/29/12
Answer
bernards
A: i want to try it but if its to good to be true========
2/9/11
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: Is zbidding still around? I keep getting an upgrade to beezid, but I had lots of credits left on zibddy
4/30/15
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Zbiddy staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

Zbiddy?