US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Companies

129 Reviews for Zbiddy.com

Review Highlights

There are plenty of opportunities to buy bids as part of the auction.

Then I went for the $25 american express credit card.

ZBiddy is a real online penny auction site as per my view.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

7/10/14

they burn me with a 100dlls i never won $#*! how can i get my money back I need help anybody here is my email totosup@gmail.com thank you..

6/23/14

100% scam won bids paid like 100.00 total for 6 to 10 bids NEVER RECEIVED A THING DIDN'T EVEN ASK ME TO BEND OVER class action law suit i'm IN larrydfnc@aol.com

6/12/14

I have been a member for a few years but since last year, they have been really messing up. I'm owed so much money and I didn't receive my last 5 wins. I am willing to be a part of a class action suit. Just let me know at kathya1998@aol.com.

5/23/14

I have been violated with nada, zero, no foreplay...not even a kiss. They owe me a bunch, they should be in court and if CLASS ACTION suit comes to be, count me in. How does our "protectors" allow this to occur...over and over and over. gary b jorgensen

4/29/14

Here is the response I received after filing a complain with the Delaware BBB:

This message is in regard to your complaint submitted on 3/12/2014 3:15:43 PM against ZBiddy.com Online Auction. Your complaint was assigned ID 9965810.

The Bureau has decided to close this complaint and note that the business did not respond to the complaint.

Your next step is to contact The Attorney General’s Office. Their telephone number is: 302-577-8600.

This complaint will be reflected on the company's BBB Reliability Report with the following language: "The company failed to respond either to the consumer or the Bureau to the complaint(s) filed."

Please feel free to contact us with any further questions.

Regards,

Lexe Kasey
The Better Business Bureau

3/26/14

The website appears functioning though there have been no auctions since early February. Live chat doesn't work and they have not returned emailed to get auction codes on items won since September of 2013.

3/9/14

Only gave one star since you have to give something. Won a $10 gift card in December and an iPod with over $200 in January. Kept using live chat and got the same response.. wait 3-5 dats more. Finally on 2/4,i got an email from Zbiddyrewards.com. Filled out the form and waited for email confirmation stating when ut will be shipped. Tried live chst now disabled and website has no auctions. Got an email from zbiddy billing saying they are refunding the cost if iPod but nothing about shipping and handling or missing gift card... the saga continues

3/8/14

Complete and total scam! I won a $10 gift card back in October of last year and still haven't received it. Not only that, but they charged me $79 in bid packs at the time of purchase without my knowledge. When I questioned them about it, they said that I agreed to it in the terms of service. Well, nowhere in the terms of service does it mention that when you win an item you have to buy a bid pack. I even told them about this, but they never respond. They never answer their emails and right now I have an ongoing investigation against them with the Better Business Bureau. They sent the complaint to them back on February 19th, and they still haven't received a response from them. All in all, stay away from this site at all costs, and don't believe the positive reviews people have of this site because they are either representatives of the company, or they don't mind getting money stolen from them.

2/13/14

It's definitely a well organized scam. Dinged my checking account for $99 right off the bat. No clear instructions from the site. Felt like a hamster on one those wheels that keeps going round and round. Every time they dinged my checking account I was also charged a fee by my bank.

2/11/14

DO NOT USE THIS SITE.. I used it, won several auctions, received some of the items that I won, but did not receive many more items. I called customer service many times, and they always said, "They will be sent next week". Well, that was last Summer, and I am still waiting. A few other things about the site: If you bid on Ebooks, the ebook site you have to choose from only has old, classic literature, not any new books. Another tidbit: I got charged a small "International Bank Fee" for items that I won, about $1.99 or so, that they tacked on to the charge of each item. I'm not quite sure why, they tried to explain it to me, saying that it was because of their banking issues, but to me, it's just another ripoff. I will never use them again.

1/31/14

1) The site is "legitimate." Pay attention to details when you sign up. Read the terms and conditions. Know what you are authorizing or not, and...
2). Understand what these bidding sites actually are; they are highly competitive, not easy to win, almost gambling, game sites. It's entertainment. It's a lottery. You compete to win a prize. And next, about the prizes. ..
3) I have received over 100 assorted items. Ranging from gift cards worth from 25 up to 100 dollars each of gas cards, retail store cards, restaurant cards, Starbucks cards, airline cards. I have received many items, to include a Dyson DC41 Vacuum cleaner, an assortment of headphones, a couple of computer accessories including two excellent monitors and other items. I have won, but not received, both an Apple iPad and iPod. I "won" all these items though hard work; spending hours at the computer, analyzing, developing techniques, timing, and luck. It really is a competition. As in all competitions, there are many losers. To win at all, to participate, you must buy bids. Lots of them. And you may lose them all. It can be very frustrating. Only the strong survive. Most people that stick with it will win something, and many times at a good price. So that's the risk.. Now, all that being said...

Update: All items delivered. The Samsung TV arrived right away, and the delayed Apple products have been delivered! Not only that, I received an even newer model iPad - the iPad Air - than the earlier model listed at time of auction :)

4) There is no problem as previously reported - It was resolved . All items have been delivered. As others had indicated; they had not as of yet shipped out Apple products going back to this past summer. I, too, had been put off exactly as previously described and awaiting resolution. They are still auctioning off Apple products as I write this review. This has been resolved satisfactorily. Additionally, I was just yesterday the winner of a Samsung TV, which I hope to receive within a couple of weeks time at the latest. I'll report back on this, as well.
4) If they resolve this issue, and/or I receive the TV, I'll report that and change the rating up. Obviously, if it's not resolved satisfactorily, or the TV doesn't arrive, I will rate the company down, accordingly.

1/26/14

I get from some of these reviews that it takes time and patience to win. Unfortunately, I have neither. So my goal it to spend all of my bids and get off this site. What I don't understand is how they can charge me shipping and handling for bids I've one. I got charged $2.49 shipping and handling for bids that just got added into my account. That is ridiculous to me. Is it even legal?

1/24/14

I have been trying for over a year to win anything worthwhile on this site. Now it seems the only thing available to bid on is pure junk. They have quit auctioning all but a few gift cards except a few 5 or 10 dollar amt. When you get done bidding on them and pay your delivery charge you are sure to lose money. This site truly is a joke!

1/18/14

My experience is that they are very very slow in delivering products that have been won. With that being said, auctions could be won at reasonable prices if you are patient and watch long enough to understand when and at what prices other bidders get bored and go away. Here are some other tricks that I found that address some of the concerns that others have.
When I signed up, I didn't give them my credit card information because I didn't trust them. I exited at the point that they were asking for my credit card. That was far enough, though, that I was registered and I was able to log into the site without ever buying the initial $99 bid package. I didn't give them any credit card information until after I had won an auction.
There is a Spin The Wheel page where you can win up to 10 free bids a day by spinning a roulette type wheel. You can only do this once in any 24 hour period. The trick is to click on "spin" and if it isn't going to land where you want it, just click any other link prior to the wheel stopping and you can go back and try again. I retry until I get 9 or 10 bids each time.
I have won some good items that have been delivered, but there are some auctions that I won back in December that have still not been delivered and the selection of new auctions has recently dropped to almost nothing. Looks to me like the site is shutting down and I probably won't get the last items that I won.

1/18/14

I have purchased a number of items I won on this site since the beginning of December. Haven't seen anything yet. This site is a rip-off. Don't use it.

1/15/14

16 out of 25 items on the first page are bids. You are actually bidding on buying more bids! 1 item is ebooks that are free on other websites and aps. The books are public domain books. I found this out after I bid and won and paid fro otherwise free books. Another item or two are magazine subsciptions that have a "delivery charge" which ends up making them more expensive than a sale subscription. The ipads and iphones that have a limit ( example $18 max) have been getting bid on in some cases for months. remember, you have to pay for bids whether yoou win or not. Another item is coupons. Yup, you will pay to bid and if you win you will pay for coupons. Coupons are free online and in the paper. So, you pay $99 for bids to bid on coupons, magazines, free books and more bids. This is just my opinion but I wish I didn't waste my money on this turd....

12/27/13

Everything everyone has said in their reviews happened to me; wasted time on the phone, lies, misleading advertising. We can report them to the Department of Consumer Fraud and several others! Please contact me about finding an attorney that will take this case-class action on contingency!
My name is Vanessa L
vanessa_impact@yahoo.com

12/26/13

I have been having an issue getting the items I won and paid. It tookd me two months to get coupons I won. Got these items because I was on the phone on chat with them almost everyday. Then I figured I would give them one my opportunity to make good. I won and item on 11-25-13, 11-26-13 and 11-27-13. As of today I have not received my items that have been paid. I have been in contact with them almost everyday by chat or phone and each time I am told my items are in process. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS WEB AUCTION, THEY VTAKE YOUR MONEY and do not deliver your items. I would give them a negative rating, but does not have that score here.Gave them a one star because I had no option lowwer.

12/21/13

I registered happily and then found out it had taken $99 out of my credit card!After three days of sending them friendly emails asking for a refund I was mad. my daughter Found the customer support number and called it, since she is only 11 she was to scared to yell at the lady, first they offered a gift card and she told her no, then they offered 85% percent back she said no again. Then they told her that it clearly states that you have to pay $99 dollars when you register, she believed them and told me that's when I got on the phone. I yelled at them saying that I wanted my $99 back and that if I didn't I'm taking them to court.They agreed to give my money back.they told me to wait 2-3 business days. It's the second day now, if I don't get my money back I'm calling them back and if I then don't get my money back, they are going to court! DON'T JOIN THIS SIGHT!!!!!

12/19/13

The biggest SCAM! PLEASE don't fall into their trap..... they charged my account $99. I didn't have a clue.... I'm so upset! These people are nothing but thieves! When you do a live chat with them its a pack of lies.... They said they would send me a $100.00 gas voucher. ..that didn't happen...big bunch of liars! Their time is coming, they are a bunch of losers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12/12/13

Well, I have been dealing with ZBiddy customer Service via internet & on the Phone. I made several inquires for items I have won. MONTHS LATER STLL THE SAME ANSEWER 3-5 DATS ?? THEY MEANT MONTHS,. ok at this point. I go to cancel, to my surprise. they cancel every I have pending. So these employees are sick & the only word they know is I'm sorry I apologize, PLESASE!!! Now the top this one I have written to Delaware location & it came back to me. I live not to far from where they are. In my heart I know they aren't at that location because the USPS agrees, besides the Reps. Do Not Sound Like there From Delaware AT ALL!! SOUNDS Canadian to me, 100% (growing up as a kid been to Delaware spend many of weekends their ) Bunch of dum dums with no answers EVER. . They cancel your items without notice" say that you did so": & the best is I see the REFUND to my charge card !!

12/7/13

Please pass this link on. Stay away from all of these penny auctions! Most of them have class action law suits pending. http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upgrade-your-life/hidden-dangers-penny-auctions-163331290.html

12/2/13

I tried this site for about a month. I had some problems and emailed requests for help several times and never received valid answers if any. If you get lucky and win a nice item you probable put out plenty to get it. I won something that I(returant card) that I don't even recall bidding on and got no valid reason why. Their phone help isn't very good either. Their time for bidding or doesn't seem to jive either. I don't even bother to go on site any more.

11/30/13

I have gone on this site twice, 1st time with $99.00 bid point - and never won one single auction. tonight with $180 than gave me 300 auction points -- and again won
nothing. Hence after almost $300. Bucks out the window, I could have purchased
the items that I bid.
BUYERS BEWARE THIS IS A SCAM AND CONTACT YOUR CREDIT CARDS.

11/30/13

I also clicked on the site to just take a look and the next day I was charged 99.00. I did nothing but put in my credit card info and when I found out that I had to pay to bid I got out of the website. I thought I took out my info but I guess it really never comes. I never bid I never purchased bids. They just took my money right out because I checked out the website. I am going to report them to the BBB. This is definitely a fraud. I did not give them the authority to take any money out of my account. I better get that money back.

11/29/13

I accidently went on this site and they charged my acct $99 for something they said I bought, I never bought anything from them and now I can't get out of this stupid site. Help!!!!!!!!!!! This zbiddy sucks. It should never have been on the web, it is a rip-off. Be careful when you hit it, it will suck you in and charge you for nothing.

11/22/13

I joined the site due to a $3.00 promotion and they (Zbiddy) over-charged my acct.by $150.00+. I immediately closed the card I had used but it was too late! Now my bank has been disputing the charges and they are saying I will eventually get a refund. I HAVE CALLED THE CO. DOZENS OF TIMES AND LEFT AT LEAST A DOZEN MESSAGES ON THEIR "LIVE " CHAT, WHICH THEY HAVE NEVER, EVER RESPONDED TO!!!!!!! Total FRAUD, TERRIBLE! Sharon A.

11/21/13

I have tried to have that live chat lol with this so called site . They will not return any responce . I have filed with the bbb in my state of Ohio and also with my bank ,who is filling with my card company to get my $99.00 refund. They never said snything about a charge for this . I rate them a big F

11/20/13

STOP RIGHT NOW .... this company is a total fraud. Do NOT sign for their service. Charged my cc $99 without even knowing or disclosing. Fought them for an hour+ to get credit issued. We'll see if it posts. THEY ARE SCUM BAGS!

11/8/13

They put $99 on my credit card without any warning. I contacted them trying to "buy" a smaller amount of bids...there weren't any. It took more than 2 pages, and an hour, single space "live chat", and many legal threats before they finally agreed to refund my money. Not a legitimate business. Stay away!

11/8/13

This IS A RIPOFF.....DO NOT USE....TOOK $99 FROM MY ACCOUNT AFTER SAYING IT IS FREE.....FACEBOOK AND TWITTER SHOULD BLOCK THIS AS FRAUDULENT AND IF THEY DON'T WE SHOULD SUE FACEBOOK BECAUSE THEY KNOWINGLY SUPPORT THESE RIPOFF MASTERS....GOING TO MY BANK AND FILE CHARGES......

11/7/13

Is there a negative number. THIS IS A SCAM/FRAUD! Stay away from this website! They automatically charge your credit card without giving you warning. They did say I will get refunded in 3-5 business days. (I hope so!). Do NOT have anything to do with this website. It will cause you lots of pain and headache, never mind losing $$$ too.

11/7/13

Ok so idiot number 5,000,000 here. Lol I logged on like the rest of you put my cc in thinking it was to verify my identity and for later if I decided to try it. Bam 99 dollars charged to card. Now my question is did any of you get your money back?

11/6/13

I won plenty of stuff! But I never received anything!!!! I payed for it and called them when they finaly will send me my winnings (and the coupon for gas worth of 100 Dollar!!!). Did not received one bid!! A compleet rip-off!!!!

11/1/13

Zbiddy advertises selling items such as iPods for $29. Sure they do ... the only catch is that you have to pay 60 cents every time you bid. The way they make their money is capping the bid at $29 and letting everyone bid themselves into an early bankruptcy by clicking the BID button. By the time it's over there will be HUNDREDS of bids for the item at that capped cost and zBiddy makes off with five or six times what an iPod would cost if you went to Best Buy.
One also must look at the inventory of material they sell. Up front they tell you about computers and cameras and consumer electronics but in reality, 90% of what they sell are more bid packages, restaurant cards and other material worth nothing close to the value attached to it. STAY AWAY!

10/31/13

COMPLETE RIP OFF!!!! They take your money and you get near NOTHING for it! The auctions are almost impossible to win on the items that are higher end. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS SCAM!!!

10/28/13

Had to fight to get a refund , But when I said I would just go to PayPal and file the claim since the card was Paypal I got thru to them and the refund was a done deal.......

10/28/13

DON'T EVER use this website; it is a total ripoff. You sign up, give credit information thinking it's like PayPal - then they nab you for some $99 bid package automatically. Then, when you dispute their transaction, they refuse to refund your money, despite 3 "logos" promising 100% satisfaction. I doubt I'll ever see my money again, but this place is totally fraudulent and a complete rip off!

10/16/13

SCAM of all scams. I got a text message, responded to it. It said I got free bids, but they ended up costing me $97.00. I complained and they offered a $100 gas card. After almost 2 months, I got a voucher for $10 rebate on gas. You will get 10 $10 vouchers, but can only use 1 at a time. I sent my first one in and have waited 2 months for the voucher.

I also "bought" 4 gift cards $10, $10, $25, $25. I didn't win the auction, but used the "Buy It Now" option. It has been 3 months and I haven't received a thing, not even a response to my numerous emails.

Stay away from this website, unless you are a hacker and can bring this site down!!

10/13/13

This is THE WORST online bidding site...they have no products worth 1/2 of what they say they are worth, the couple I did win arrived a month after paying for them, and only after many contacts to their customer service department. The poor girl who has that job should get a raise as obviously those who run the Bull$#*! site don't give a damn about customers or feedback. Check out the BBB rating on this company and you'll see they currently have 186 complaints against them, one more as soon as I go file mine !!

10/7/13

I won 25 bids and 50 ebook downloads 8 august 13 and paid for them right away. I got my bids but not the ebook code. I contacted customer service 5 Times and was told to wait and it would be taken care of any day. Well I guess any day means any day from now til hell freezes over and I still won't get my books. IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT USING THIS SITE, PLEASE CONTACT ME AND GIVE ME YOUR MONEY! I WILL AT LEAST TELL YOU THE TRUTH! I have won a few other small things and when I received them they were things that I would have been mad to get out of a .25 bubble gum machine. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!

10/3/13

won a few low end items, not worth much, then won an ipod in august, still to this day have not rec'vd it, now its october, contacted their chat many times, always got same answers, like they are robots, finally today got a phone number to call, got a live person, asked for my $ back plus shipping because I don't believe they will ever ship out the item, STAY AWAY
I still have bids to use, am going to use them on the high end items, maybe win, AND THEN NOT PAY

10/2/13

I was using Zbiddy for the first time and thought I was bidding on a tablet and ended up winning the bid on 250 bids for $99. I immediately sent them an email saying I did not make that bid and if I did it was done in error. I asked that they release my money and that did not happen. I am disputing the charge. They steal your money. I bought an expensive lesson.

Phyllis Jackson

9/27/13

After being shown a bid taking place where a Mac Air went for $9 in the promo i was surprised to see that the number of items you can bid are are small and very spread out over 30+ days! I feel like this is a total bait and switch and I want my money returned. As it stands they have no return policy so I am contacting my credit card company today! this place is a total scam!

9/17/13

Lousy selection of items, so the few decent items they do have; run forever. I have been watching for a month for a few specific items (a dyson vacuum, a laptop, etc.) I had the day(s) memorized for when these items would be available to be sold. For instance, I knew that today at 1PM one of my items would be at the final countdown and ready to be finally sold. I was shocked when I went to my "Watch List" (a month old, mind you) and saw that all of these items had another (at least) 2 weeks tacked on to them. Fraud? I think so. This isn't a good sign for this site. I'm spending my remaining bids and getting out while the "going's good".

9/17/13

Bid and won numerous restaurant.com gift vouchers. Took a lengthy period of time to get the vouchers issued (as a matter of fact,...I'm still waiting on a $50 one,...been waiting nearly 6 weeks). I've redeemed all the other vouchers and enjoyed the restaurants. I recently tried to get the name of CEO or head of Customer Care & an address of the company but got the run around by the chat line representative (Nancy). She did finally give me the mailing address but wouldn't give me the name of anyone at the company that I could address my letter of concern to. Things that make you go Hmmmmm!

9/12/13

I first used Zbiddy in 2011 and everything was fine. I won a number of high end items (TV, IPAD, IPOD, Gift Cards) and received everything within 3 weeks of payment which was excellent. I ended up taking a long break from penny auctions and just recently started again at Zbiddy in July 2013. So far I've won 1 IPAD and 3 IPODS but have not received any of them, the oldest item being the Ipad from almost 2 months ago. The site has clearly gone downhill since I last used it. There is no phone number posted on the site and when I found it online the people who answer cannot provide you any information about shipping. All they do is tell you to be patient or that your concern has been forwarded to the appropriate dept and someone will get back to you via email in 3-5 days, which they never do. If you try to dispute charges they try to convince you to trade your win/charge in for something else like a gas certificate or travel voucher which are difficult to redeem and not worth the money you would lose. When you email they never respond and when you use chat you get someone illiterate as the transcript is full of misspelled words and poor punctuation, not to mention the fact that all they can do is forward your concern to the ELUSIVE shipping department. The sites terms and conditions says your items are shipped within 48hrs. After payment you get an email that says your item should arrive within 7-10 business days. Weeks later when you complain you will get a "verification" email which requires you to go to a link that you will need to sign up for (not related to zbiddy but called zbiddyrewards) where they will try to convince you to trade your win in for one of the lousy consolation prizes similar to what they try to trade you for on the phone. When you decline you receive a "confirmation" email stating once again that your item will arrive within 7-10 business days. I've already passed that (by a week) with no delivery or tracking # to speak of. I could continue to wait in hopes of receiving these items but I refuse to be treated like this as a customer and so I've initiated chargebacks today on everything I paid. The people who defend zbiddy are either speaking about the past or shills because Zbiddy is absolutely no longer a trustworthy, dependable or honest site. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Veteran Reviewer
9/2/13

I Was looking at a few review sites and they pretty much all say "zbiddy.com" is bad!

Accusations of spamming and worse!

-------------------------
Then add this to consider:

BBB Business Review: Rated a D-

This Business is not BBB accredited
ZBiddy.com Online Auction
Additional Locations

Factors that lowered the rating for ZBiddy.com Online Auction include:

Length of time business has been operating
167 complaints filed against business
Length of time business has taken to resolve complaint(s)
Business has failed to resolve underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints

Phone: (877) 924-3390

Mr. Darryl Fernandes, Director of Operations Mr. Seth Dillon

Contact Information
Principal: Mr. Darryl Fernandes, Director of Operations

-------------------------

The Delaware address is not a physical location for this company. The Delaware address is a mail forwarding location. The company's website also provides the following address:
72 High St.
Haslemere, Surrey GU27 2LA

This address is located in the United Kingdom.

On 12/12/12, the business emailed the BBB and indicated that "Zbiddy no longer has a location in the U.S."

-------------------------

Sorry my recomendation is to stay away from this site!

8/12/13

just a simple remark, notice that they do not accept paypal and it is a good indication of there intention. NO PAYPAL MEANS NOT A SERIOUS BUSINESS AT ALL

8/5/13

Thieves - Plain and Simple.

I was the last bidder on 3 "Gift Cards" and won none. The timer ran to zero with no winner then the auction was restarted with the clock at 24 hrs.

Unable to pay for items won. Comes back with credit card expiration date error. Worked 5 times previously.

The Best Auction Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber