US Government's NSF

Redwood City, CA 94063
Tel: 1-888-8ZAZZLE

359 Reviews for Zazzle

Review Highlights

I order 2 St. Patricks day shirts almost 2 weeks ago.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: helpful

EXPERT
10/21/09

Zazzle can be a good place to make custom tee shirts for gifts. You can design your own using their website, or you can upload a picture. The shipping is quick and the prices aren't bad. My biggest complaint is how slow their web interface can be. I've ordered 3 times, but the last time I gave up because their site was so slow and I used CafePress.com instead which is also good.

11/8/09

I wanted to comment on how great Zazzle.com is as an on-line company. To welcome the newest member of my husbands family, baby Elli, everyone will be getting together in a few weeks to meet her for the first time. (She was born in August & lives in Wyoming with her mommy & daddy). As a family tradition, we get a button for each big ocassion we are together. So, in honor of little ms. elli, we wanted to order a button with her picture on it to celebrate "Elli-Palooza!" So, on Friday, I downloaded her picture, created the button and ordered 20 of them to be shipped. I received an order confirmation email immediately. Then, on Saturday, I received another email stating they were being shipped! AMAZING! Not only did the company deliver what they promise, they deliver quickly. We have ordered from them before and will do so again! Thank you Zazzle.com

4/1/11

I have never placed a negative review for any internet company before even though I have been shopping online for years. I have never found such a difficult company to deal with. I tried to pay through Paypal, but they never directed me to the Paypal site so I could choose where I wanted the funds to come from, so I had to cancel the order. I have never had a site place an order through Paypal without directing me to the Paypal site. I placed the order again, and they apparently sent a confirmation e-mail to an old e-mail address that I have not used for 6 years instead of the email address I supplied, then cancelled the order because I did not respond. The 3rd time I tried to place the order, they insisted that the billing address I gave did not match the one on file with my credit card company, even though it most certainly did match. I contacted my credit card company, and they siad that there was no problem on their end, and that they had supplied Zazzle with a phone number to call if they had any questions, but that was apparently too much trouble for Zazzle, so instead they just kept sending me emails threatening to cancel my order if I did not supply sensitive information to them via email. When I tried to phone customer support, the person I talked to said he could not help with billing issues. Even though Zazzle only gave me 48 hours to reply to their nasty emails, they couldn't respond promptly to my emails asking why they needed this information. Finally I got an email giving me a number to call for their fraud department - what fraud? - and said I must respond within 24 hours or the order would be cancelled. When I called, I repeatedly got voicemail, and no one ever reponded to the messages I left. This all seems to be some sort of scam, and the company seems to be very shady. At the very least, they have a horrible customer support department. I will never order from them again, and I would advise anyone thinking of ordering from them to try to find the products elsewhere, This is one dot com company that needs to go under.

12/28/10

I ordered some customised mugs for a Christmas present, I ended up spending over $50. When the mugs did come they had sent me someone else's order!! When i emailled them I recieved an automated email, no apology. An apology would have been nice because by the time the new shipment came Christmas had been and gone. Today I recieved the reprinted mugs and they have been printed on different sizes, when i ordered all the same size!
I would not deal with Zazzle again

10/25/10

still waiting for some cards i ordered , mabe i can use them next 20th anniversaty i have...oh no wait its never going to come again ..thanks zazzle

3/17/11

bad, bad, bad
don't waste your time and money, they sent me the wrong product twice and missed my deadline for weeding invitation. Website look good but service and product horrible.. Not recommended at all, be carful

3/16/11

this is the worst custom site ever. i designed a men's necktie that simply said "im awesome" i used the fonts they provided and the colors they provided... i DID NOT upload any pictures or logos. about a week after i placed my order and made a payment i got an email saying that it was copyright infringement and they can not print this item. apparently a wrestler on WWE has "im awesome" as a catchphrase. since when did freedom of speech become copywrited. i personally think its a load a B.S. anyone can say that they "are awesome" thanks zazzle for ruining my kids gift to their father for fathers day by simply saying hes "awesome". you guys suck. oh... and im STILL waiting on my refund.

3/10/11

I order 2 St. Patricks day shirts almost 2 weeks ago. I received my order Tuesday when I opened the packaged they had sent me the wrong size, I had ordered a XL and they sent me a M. When I called and told them I was leaving Friday for St. Patricks day they told me tough luck. Then I spoke with a manager who said they were going to overnight it to me so I would have it by Thursday... Today is Thursday and they just sent me a email saying they still haven't shipped the shirt yet. I am really upset because this is an error on there part and they are acting like it is my fault... Never will I do buisness there again

1/7/11

Horrible....bureaucratic idiots
Zazzle refused to print a poster for me because the poster contained the picture of a sign of Mt. Bachelor and they said I had to get a release from the resort???? This poster was for may daughter commemorating her participation in the Junior Olympics held at Mt. Bachelor. Basically, they refuse to print any image that has a copy righted logo. They claim it is copy right law....so I guess every private use photo that has any logo or image that is copy righted must have a release before they print it...they need to get real. Don't waste your time with these folks

1/12/11

Letter I submitted to them

I have to say I am very unhappy with your shipping. I ordered post cards last wednesday (the 5th) and choose standard shipping (5-7 days) thinking they would be here by tomorrow (1 week) the tracking # supplied does not work but another item I purchased the same day and shipped the same day is now scheduled for arrival on monday the 17th. That being said I orderd from another company in CA also choose standard shipping and that item will be delivered on friday THIS friday the 14th, oh yeah I ordered that item this wed a week after I ordered from your company, I am letting you know because although it is not your fault, my party is on the 29th and I ordered the invites from you company. My mistake, you should really look into why your shipping is so much slower then other companies also using UPS. It would have been faster if you had just dropped my post card in the mail box!

1/9/12

First Order received damaged.
Second Order never received, emails ignored.
Don't waste your money, time and stress with these people...buy what you need locally!

3/6/11

I ordered a customized keychain and pre-paid c.$40-45, which included shipping costs from UK to France. When the item arrived, I was away and my neighbor accepted it and left the package for me to find. Some weeks later, when I returned, I tore it open, loved the keychain and threw away the wrappings. It was only after that, when I saw my neighbor, that she explained that she had paid the shipping costs required by FedEx (I think; pretty sure -- an additional 31 euros, or c.40-45 dollars) for delivery from the US, not UK whose Zazzle site I had ordered from. I paid her back, then looked at my order and asked Zazzle what had happened. Their reply indicated that this was a problem with "my loal distributor" and that I should try to get a copy of the bill from FedEx. As I do not even know the date of delivery and am not quite certain that it was FedEx, this is hopeless. So, I have a nice keychain (mass produced, simply custom engraved with one word) for which I have paid around $85.00. I really resent Zazzle's implying that this is somehow my fault -- when the only fault I had was to have used Zazzle. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

2/24/11

I paid for next day delivery and received it two days later and they wouldn't refund my money for next day delivery. I'll never order from them ever again nor refer them to my soldiers. I mean I would have accepted the difference between the 1 day and two day delivery especially since I ordered way before 3pm eastern standard time

10/25/10

I ordered a card for my 30th wedding anniversary nine days before the event. I thought that this was plenty of time for such a simple order however it is yet to arrive. To be fair the small print does say 5 - 12 days but who a: reads the small print or b: expects anything to take that long these days. I would reccomend that you make a card yourself on the computer - as I ended up doing!!!

2/21/13

I'm actually a seller on Zazzle. I'm sorry to say Zazzle really doesn't consider the sellers their customers. I find we are the lowest priority. The reason most products come out as well as they do is because we design them well. Unfortunately we are often not paid reliably.We have items removed for copyright infringement even if there is no infringement. We have to hunt down and research problems that are usually mistakes made by Zazzle or their software. We are generally talked down to, ignored and made to feel unimportant because we aren't the "real customers" We promote our products, properly tag and name them, display them to sell...we make Zazzle profitable but to Zazzle we are just sellers.
Zazzle has major communication and customer relation deficiencies. They don't know how to run the business end though they have a decent machine for designing products. For now that is what's saving them.

9/17/11

I'm in love with this site. I used to love it, just because you could design your own products for gifts. It is priced sometimes kind of high--but, it always seemed reasonable compared to other sites that you can create your own product on (vistaprint is one I use to). Plus, I like that you can use more than one promo code, which seems rare. I've only seen that one other time (visiondirect.com). So, I like it a lot. But, now it's even better than it used to be a few years back. You can now build your own store on their website and make money off of your product other people purchase. I created a few t-shirts on there for gifts and decided to save them in my own store. And, I've sold about ten of the t-shirts. Which might not seem like a lot, but to me, it's great, because I get about $2 everytime I sell a shirt. So, it's free money for doing nothing. So, great site! I highly recommend!

5/6/14

SO FAR I'VE HAD SOME UPS AND DOWNS REGARDING PRINTING ISSUES ON SHIRTS, HOWEVER, I BELIEVE IT TO BE MY FAULT AS YOU'RE WARNED BEFORE PROCESSING IF YOU'VE INCREASED SIZE AND IT MAY AFFECT YOUR DESIGN QUALITY.
CUSTOMER SERVICE IS EXCELLENT, SHIPPING IS VERY QUICK

12/14/13

I bought a groupon for holiday cards. I spent 3 days trying to create these cards on their website. Uploaded pictures disappeared, cards were not saved, constantly had to log out and log back in to refresh the website. This experience was UNACCEPTABLE! Save your sanity and go with a different company for Christmas Cards.

12/5/13

Very disappointed in the actual amount of coffee this travel mug I purchased holds. Picked it out of a line up without customizing it and final purchase was over 50.00 with tax, shipping and handling. Travel mug is more suited for a kid than an adult.

12/4/13

I ordered a shirt for my dog in xlarge...when it came it was xsmall..My dog weighs 45 lbs and the shirt was for 0 to 4 lb. I rechecked my order several time before submitting it...I called customer service and got a very rude person...They said to donate the shirt and they would send me a new one..A week went by and nothing...I called again and they said the shirt did not come in xlarge so they would refund my money....After two weeks the refund finally showed up in my account minus the shipping...Why should I loose the shipping fee when it was their error...I am going to chalk this one up and never order from Zazzle again....

11/26/13

Very poor customer Service, Poor response. I used a Groupon and the website did not give an option for the amount the Groupon was for. I order 70 instead of 75 cards. The website started out charging .49 a card but when I put my Groupon in, the cards went up to $1.70. The Groupon was to cover the whole cost including shipping however, I ended up paying $34 extra. I needed to place my order because these were Christmas cards and I figured they would fix the problem. It took three days for them to get back to me and when they did, they said they could not refund the money because I put in the wrong amount. They offered a new code but did not give me a code. When the cards arrived, they were wrong. If you use this company, good luck to you.

10/1/13

I ordered invitations for only TEN people from Zazzle and they messed up THREE times. First they gave me someone else's order because it was addressed to Bob and it was a bumper sticker... then TWICE they put A COMPLETELY wrong address on the envelope and I didn't even request for an address to be put on the invitation!

THEN when I emailed their support team, Andrew from their Support team writes:

We have authorized a refund to the account used to make your purchase. You can expect the returning funds to be available in your account within the next 7-21 business days, depending on the processing speed of your financial institution.

While our normal return policy requires a physical return of the product in order to issue a refund, we are WILLINGLY to make an exception and waive the return in this instance. Please feel free to keep, donate, or discard the item, at your discretion.

What kind of apologetic letter is this? You are "willingly" going to overlook your return policy because you guys messed up three times. How hard is it to create an invitation and process the right order?

Zazzle's production team sucks along with their customer support team in particular ANDREW.

Thanks for nothing Zazzle.

9/18/13

I am floored at how badly this company is run now. I've been with them for years, and have a casual store. I ordered a single unframed print for a client and it has sat in processing for over three weeks (site says 24 hours at most). Every single time I call, they "upgrade" my shipping (how many times can you do that exactly? is it ever actually upgraded?!) and tell me they'll contact processing and get it out asap. I've had multiple customer service reps email me the same message that they're working diligently to fix the situation, and then when I call they don't have record of the other reps doing so. I had to go to Staples and get my print to send to my client since it was for a specific event. She now has her print and is a happy customer, while the original still sits in processing! I called again today and they finally refunded my money after I said they lost me as a customer. Then they finally told me there is a large delay in the print department.... thanks for telling me the truth. Finally. Please let your customers know if something like this happens so they can make alternate plans. I'm never going to be a zazzle customer again because I can't afford for them to run me around week after week when I've got better things to do.

9/5/13

My daughter ordered her wedding programs from Zazzle.com. They were in processing for well over a week after the site promised they would be processed in a day. With the wedding two days away, they still hadn't been shipped. I called twice, talked to two different men, both of whom promised me they would put a rush the order and send it via overnight delivery. I called a third time and talked with a woman who told me because it was my daughter's order, she couldn't speak with me about it. Hellooo...is this information protected by HIPAA? I was just trying to see if they were being shipped that day because if not, don't bother! Please stay away from this site if you want something done in a timely manner. Why do they ask you the event date and then not bother to tell you they can't possibly deliver by then?

5/21/13

I ordered from them about a month ago now. Firstly, their lowest shipping option doesn't have track and trace. I figured due to safety and customer value most companies would actually trace their packages even with the lowest shipping option - it IS 2013 after all. Secondly, when inquiring about my package I got a generic copy/paste after waiting 2 days. Really bad customer service to me, if I made someone wait 2 days then I'd atleast write them a response, not just paste them something.
Still not recieved my package, but I'm starting to genuinely wonder if it will even come - no tracking, no clue.
If it doesn't show up in another week I'll likely petition for my money back. Will not order from Zazzle again, even if they're the last company on earth.
EDIT; I'd have given them 0 stars if I could.

12/20/12

I ordered 2012 Christmas cards in early November. They arrived and were printed crooked. I requested a return and replacement cards before Thanksgiving. The request was granted and I received an email that they were being reprinted and would mail out soon. It took two more requests and a phone call (with a 15 minute wait) to apparently actually get the cards printed. They are now in the mail and tracking to arrive on Christmas Eve even though I was assured by customer service they would arrive immediately by courier. Horrible experience and I will never deal with zazzle.com again.

9/4/12

This was the WORST online experience I have ever had. I ordered my wedding invitations and accessories and they came out all different sizes. They didn't match. . .the quality of the paper is CHEAP. I could have gotten better quality if I went to the local drug store and picked up a package of invitations. What is worse, when I called Customer Service, the rep was mean, insulting, and kept saying the same thing "you made the mistake" and "this is our policy". His supervisor was even worse. . .said the same phrases over and over again. They rude and insensitive and did not try to remedy the situation. I sent the entire order back in the precise way they told me they had to send it back. I have the UPS tracking showing it was delivered. Yet they say they never received it. I have yet to receive my refund which is over $400 . . .please don't trust this site, especially with something important. I learned this the hard way.

1/4/12

The case I ordered is just beautiful! The quality is exceptional and I couldn't be happier with it. I show it to everybody I know! Thanks for your great service and excellent product.

11/6/11

The website was flakey and often had to be reloaded. Once the frustration of ordering the product was over, there was the waiting period. This was one of the slowest deliveries I can recall. When the stuff got there (printed material) it looked quite amateur. I would not recommend this site. The quality would be better if you made the same stuff on your ink jet printer.

11/3/11

Terrible service. I ordered a t-shirt with a pumpkin on it over two weeks ago and it still hasn't come. I don't need it now as Halloween has been and gone. It says on their website 3-5 days for delivery. When you look at the small print it says 3-5 days after manufacture and manufacture can take up to 12 days. Waste of time. Stay away!

10/12/11

I ordered a set of buttons to use as party giveaways. I was pleased with the ease of the webiste, the communication upon receiving my order, processing my order and shipping notification. The buttons arrived on time, they were just as I expected them to be and they were a huge hit! Also, I found similar items at other websites but Zazzle had the lowest price.

10/10/11

I wanted to order some t-shirts for my daughter with "Toontown" on them and Zazzle was the only site that had them. They were SUPER expensive for a tee but my daughter is worth it so I ordered. The order went smoothly and the shipping was quick enough but DANG the quality SUCKS!!!! For 25 dollars a peoce you would think that print would be better. I mean these are worst than something you would see at a dollar store. RIP OFF!!!

6/23/11

BAD website.
I had ordered a mousepad to be delivered to my friend as a gift and the wesite said it would be 15 working days for it to be delivered. It has been 3 more than 3 months now and it still has not been delivered.
Also the website is bad, There is no customer service or contact numbers to call.
The worst website to order anything.

4/22/11

If you're an artist on this site and have a store with Zazzle, if there's ever a problem with anything, you will get minimal help from customer service. They say things like "if this is unresolved we will do what we can to resolve your issue" but it's a lot of hot air. The responses you get from them are to the tune of "we appreciate your patience in resolving this matter" but they go unresolved and if you try to get help again, they become evasive, borderline rude, and never give you a proper response.

4/11/11

Disappointment!!! I used them for my wedding invitations and RSVP cards. What a disaster. First they didn't ship as specified then when I received them the RSVP didn't even fit in the invitation. These two items were advertised together so you would expect them to work. Well WRONG! Make sure that you give them plenty of time to ship as well as call and make sure the two items truly belong. Zazzle is a hub for people to sell their items through them. Buyer BEWARE

4/4/11

I had a custom order shirt with a picture of a landscape THAT I PAINTED MYSELF.
My friend really liked my painting and I thought it would be a nice birthday present for her. I submitted the order well before her birthday (3 weeks). 2 weeks of 'processing' my order, I get an email telling me I had COPYRIGHT CONTENT ON MY ORDER and that my order was cancelled. I have emailed them regarding the obvious mistake, but it was already too late for my friend's birthday. It's been a week since her birthday, and to this date I have not gotten any reply.

Not only does this show the absolutely terrible customer service, but the utter stupidity of the zazzle content reviewers. Never use this site.

3/17/11

I bought a "varnished wood grain" iPhone 4 cover. Now, you would think, based on the picture which is clearly a varnished, shiny piece of wood, that it would be just that, a shiny, wood cover. Instead it's a piece of cheap a** fabric that cost probably 10 cents to make. It's absolute garbage. If this is the type of products they have, don't waste your money (the cover was 30 + dollars).

3/2/11

It has been three weeks that ordered envelope seals, and i still do hear anything from them, nor the product i ordered is nowhere to be found. Is this a trustworthy site.? I need those envelope seals for my invitation cards, the invitation cards are sent without the envelope seals. And the problem is, there is no contact info in the website where you can email or call them.

1/29/11

I bought something from this site a year ago and the other day I had a $110 charge for this site. I do not believe someone swiped my card as this is the only charge and only site. I asked Zazzle to research this, gave them the order date, total and the last four of the card used. They said it would be difficult to find, this from their fraud department. Really? Not helpful at all, didn't appear they gave a damn about my concern and why should they? They got their money. I had them remove any and all data that may be there. Very unhelpful but that's the new Amerikan way.

12/3/10

I am trying to purchase one tshirt and the promotion says free shipping. The code gives a successful message but doesn't remove the shipping fee. I reread all the fine print and should still qualify so...I look for contact info which wasn't easy to find. The 800 number is always busy and the local number puts me on hold... So I try to send an email which it kicks back to a generic help menu that gives me outdated information. I try again and can't get into the email area at all. Finally I do, and it says that they take a day to get back to you. It's a one day only promo. Not satisfied and I've spent a long time trying to get this to work.

6/18/10

This review is more of the business rather than the shopping. Zazzle said the order would take 5-12 business days to ship. I am now on day 13 and counting.. and can't give the item I purchased as a gift. Their shipping takes longer than they promise. When I complained to their customer service, they admitted that it has been seen to take an additional 5 days ... but they don't make that clear on their website.

I will never order from them again. Cafepress is MUCH more reliable and great quality too!

5/17/10

Zazzle describes itself as enabling "individuals, professional artists, and major brands, including Disney and Hallmark, to create and offer billions of unique products for customers worldwide". This means Zazzle does not DESIGN the items it sells, but PRINTS them. Therefore, if anything goes wrong in the production process, they say it's part of the design, creating a loop of passing the buck between designer and Zazzle. At the end of the day, you do get a refund, less your return shipping and a whole lot of grief.
Delivery is reasonable, order is questionably accurate. My order would have been perfect except for a gloss coating on one side of a gift card. The item arrived with the gloss coating on the To/From side and not the Address/Picture side, making it impossible to fill-out. Zazzle insisted this was the designers intention and would not see reason.
Not too pleased with Customer Service; your basic automaton, giving scripted answers. Zazzle was more interested in refunding my money than fixing the problem, which I wanted; I wanted the cards!
Customer Service "Support" was more concerned about being right than a retaining a pleased customer AND making money. Even after Zazzle had me contact the designer who said it was a printing error, Zazzle still insisted it was a design error, sending me "pictures" and Return Merchandise form.
Zazzle looks good, but isn't worth the grief

3/4/10

Crappy misleading site. Said first time customers would get free shipping. Entered promo code and it would not accept. Said 3-5 shipping days. I am getting my order in 10. When I finally got a CSR they said if I ordered less than 50 items it would be 3-5, but since I ordered exactly 50 postcards it takes longer. Oh and CSR said the promo code was for KEDS sneakers only? WTF?

9/1/14

Amazing quality, price and printing is great! Would recommend to anyone, received so many compliments and products are even better when they arrive and you open the package, very nice!

Tip for consumers: The products are even better in person

8/28/14

I attempted to submit an order with fan created artwork which is protected under the fair use clause by the American copyright law that allows for the "production, display and distribution of derivative works if they fall under a fair use exemption, 17 U.S.C. § 107." Zazzle cancelled my order several days after I submitted it and simply replied to my email dispute with a form letter (ie: a canned, or pre-written, statement). That was a huge waste of my time and resources.

8/22/14

I am very upset as \i ordered birth announcement cards on 30 July to arrive within 5-12 days. This was already a long time to wait as I have family members who have been enquiring after sending gifts and we were a little behind after the baby's birth in sending them out. Zazzle sent me a box of envelopes about two weeks ago, but no cards. I then emailed them and they agreed to expedite the cards by courier. Still nothing....Its almost three weeks now and to make matters worse their customer services are not responding to my emails. I still dont have my cards Very upset and very poor service

8/17/14

If you need a full-service printing company, Zazzle is not for you. But if you know exactly what you want and can position your artwork on your own, you'll do just fine with Zazzle. They offer more personalize-able products than most other companies, do not charge per color, and offer a satisfaction guarantee. On one of my orders the screen print was too small; I contacted them and they told me how to fix it and they sent out a new order at no additional cost to me and did not require me to return the shirts. But if you need to contact customer service, prepare for a wait. And you do have to do all your own work; no one will check it for you before it's created. Also you'll be notified once your order has shipped but there is no day-by-day tracking, kind of frustrating. But I have always received my entire order in the amount of time estimated on their website.

Tip for consumers: Always do an online search for a Zazzle coupon; I have scored some amazing discounts this way.

8/16/14

The company has not responded to my email inquiry about an item in my order that has not shipped, and has had the status of "processing" for 11 days now (yet I was already charged in full for the entire order). Their website said the shipping turnaround is 24 hours for this particular item type (unframed poster), yet I have not received any sort of update after 11 days. I guess my only recourse it to dispute this with the credit card company.

8/14/14

Do not order from Zazzle! First off is their misleading Groupon... If you have ordered from them before you know that they offer over 100,000 different styles of invites... So when a Groupon comes along in bold writing "110 5x7 invites for $44.99" you know this is a good deal.... Then you read the very fine print that says you have 300 to choose from!... That's not the worse part...after you go to this list of restricted invites they are in categories... There are less than 30 different birthday invites to choose from!!! What a scam... No one wants this group of outdated invites to begin with!
The email customer service takes DAYS to get back to you! Hello year 2014... The phone customer service is a joke.... Don't try and use a coupon code ( that is on their website)...most likely it won't work with your order..

8/14/14

i lost all my trust in Zazzle
i'm almost waiting 2 months on my package this can't get any worst !
i was planning to tell my friends about this site but forget it !!

The Best Clothing Sites Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber