US Government's NSF

1st Review:
sophien

287 Reviews for Zazzle.com

Review Highlights

I order 2 St. Patricks day shirts almost 2 weeks ago.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

12/12/11

Ordered 1 mug via zazzle.co.uk assuming they would ship from the UK.. but no, it came from the USA. It took 3 WEEKS to get here and when it arrived it was the wrong order!!! They must have some really incompetent people working on the line because apparently this happens quite a bit. I'm still waiting for a response from them but it's already Dec 12th so based on their turnaround time i won't be able to get my actual order in time for Xmas :(

Furthermore, they don't even have a UK phone number. Their ONLY support number is in the U.S. and i couldn't even get through all the way from Ireland. Does their phone line even work? This company appears to be in serious need of an audit on their trading practices.

12/11/11

Ordered 3 hawaiian ornaments that were personalized, they were very cool and my friends loved them, Will order more next christmas. They have a lot of fun things that make unique gifts

12/8/11

Interestingly enough, when I was asked if I was satisfied with my experience and clicked "no", I was brought to an invalid link. When I clicked "yes" I was brought here. hmmm. Well, after a bad 2010 experience in which my 10 not customized christmas cards took over a month just to ship, I thought I would give Zazzle another chance. This time I placed another order of about 10 or so Christmas cards. I received the cards. Yay Zazzle....Ohh, but the envelopes. I was mailed fewer envelopes than the cards I purchased. Come on Zazzle. Booo
Its a shame because I think the cards available are quite clever and cute. They just make it near impossible to mail them out to your kith and kin without a hitch.

11/29/11

Ouch! Low Quality! There's a lot of lip service paid to how much quality control they have. But if that's true how did my t-shirt - that had some of the printing messed up - get ok'd by their quality control people? Just seems like if the printing doesn't work on part of the shirt that they would see it. If they are looking...

If you do a custom job be careful about which graphic you use. Their design software can be deceiving. The pic that I used (a contrasty drawing) looked the same as the words on their design website. But on the t-shirt it came out much lighter than the wording. I wouldn't buy from them again...

11/15/11

Never order anything from this website, especially if you need it in a hurry. Their shipping process is very confusing and costly. I paid for "express" shipping on Thursday and I received the item on Monday at 6pm. I do not call that express shipping. I called UPS and they said that zazzle has a deal with them that they only deliver on business days. My product was within 20 minutes of me on Saturday, but because of zazzles policy, UPS couldn't deliver it until Monday, even though I paid extra for delivery. I received no satisfaction from zazzle. They could have cared less. Please be careful when ordering from them. Buyer beware!!

11/7/11

I've ordered from Zazzle & been very happy with the quality & uniqueness of the product. They have products there you can't find anywhere else. I like that!

11/6/11

The website was flakey and often had to be reloaded. Once the frustration of ordering the product was over, there was the waiting period. This was one of the slowest deliveries I can recall. When the stuff got there (printed material) it looked quite amateur. I would not recommend this site. The quality would be better if you made the same stuff on your ink jet printer.

11/3/11

Avoid Zazzle. Their site is incredibly buggy whether running chrome,firefox or safari.
It takes alot of time to create an order and then to receive an email a couple days later that the order is cancelled because the logo won't render is unacceptable. why not simply provide us an email asking for a new logo to be submitted? so, had to create another order and we'll see if that goes thru and arrives on time.

11/3/11

Terrible service. I ordered a t-shirt with a pumpkin on it over two weeks ago and it still hasn't come. I don't need it now as Halloween has been and gone. It says on their website 3-5 days for delivery. When you look at the small print it says 3-5 days after manufacture and manufacture can take up to 12 days. Waste of time. Stay away!

11/2/11

This place reviews the content of your photos for "appropriateness". They have rejected fine art images because abstract characters could be perceived as being nude if you really stretched your imagination.

10/10/11

I wanted to order some t-shirts for my daughter with "Toontown" on them and Zazzle was the only site that had them. They were SUPER expensive for a tee but my daughter is worth it so I ordered. The order went smoothly and the shipping was quick enough but DANG the quality SUCKS!!!! For 25 dollars a peoce you would think that print would be better. I mean these are worst than something you would see at a dollar store. RIP OFF!!!

9/17/11

I'm in love with this site. I used to love it, just because you could design your own products for gifts. It is priced sometimes kind of high--but, it always seemed reasonable compared to other sites that you can create your own product on (vistaprint is one I use to). Plus, I like that you can use more than one promo code, which seems rare. I've only seen that one other time (visiondirect.com). So, I like it a lot. But, now it's even better than it used to be a few years back. You can now build your own store on their website and make money off of your product other people purchase. I created a few t-shirts on there for gifts and decided to save them in my own store. And, I've sold about ten of the t-shirts. Which might not seem like a lot, but to me, it's great, because I get about $2 everytime I sell a shirt. So, it's free money for doing nothing. So, great site! I highly recommend!

6/23/11

BAD website.
I had ordered a mousepad to be delivered to my friend as a gift and the wesite said it would be 15 working days for it to be delivered. It has been 3 more than 3 months now and it still has not been delivered.
Also the website is bad, There is no customer service or contact numbers to call.
The worst website to order anything.

4/22/11

If you're an artist on this site and have a store with Zazzle, if there's ever a problem with anything, you will get minimal help from customer service. They say things like "if this is unresolved we will do what we can to resolve your issue" but it's a lot of hot air. The responses you get from them are to the tune of "we appreciate your patience in resolving this matter" but they go unresolved and if you try to get help again, they become evasive, borderline rude, and never give you a proper response.

4/11/11

Disappointment!!! I used them for my wedding invitations and RSVP cards. What a disaster. First they didn't ship as specified then when I received them the RSVP didn't even fit in the invitation. These two items were advertised together so you would expect them to work. Well WRONG! Make sure that you give them plenty of time to ship as well as call and make sure the two items truly belong. Zazzle is a hub for people to sell their items through them. Buyer BEWARE

4/4/11

I had a custom order shirt with a picture of a landscape THAT I PAINTED MYSELF.
My friend really liked my painting and I thought it would be a nice birthday present for her. I submitted the order well before her birthday (3 weeks). 2 weeks of 'processing' my order, I get an email telling me I had COPYRIGHT CONTENT ON MY ORDER and that my order was cancelled. I have emailed them regarding the obvious mistake, but it was already too late for my friend's birthday. It's been a week since her birthday, and to this date I have not gotten any reply.

Not only does this show the absolutely terrible customer service, but the utter stupidity of the zazzle content reviewers. Never use this site.

4/1/11

I have never placed a negative review for any internet company before even though I have been shopping online for years. I have never found such a difficult company to deal with. I tried to pay through Paypal, but they never directed me to the Paypal site so I could choose where I wanted the funds to come from, so I had to cancel the order. I have never had a site place an order through Paypal without directing me to the Paypal site. I placed the order again, and they apparently sent a confirmation e-mail to an old e-mail address that I have not used for 6 years instead of the email address I supplied, then cancelled the order because I did not respond. The 3rd time I tried to place the order, they insisted that the billing address I gave did not match the one on file with my credit card company, even though it most certainly did match. I contacted my credit card company, and they siad that there was no problem on their end, and that they had supplied Zazzle with a phone number to call if they had any questions, but that was apparently too much trouble for Zazzle, so instead they just kept sending me emails threatening to cancel my order if I did not supply sensitive information to them via email. When I tried to phone customer support, the person I talked to said he could not help with billing issues. Even though Zazzle only gave me 48 hours to reply to their nasty emails, they couldn't respond promptly to my emails asking why they needed this information. Finally I got an email giving me a number to call for their fraud department - what fraud? - and said I must respond within 24 hours or the order would be cancelled. When I called, I repeatedly got voicemail, and no one ever reponded to the messages I left. This all seems to be some sort of scam, and the company seems to be very shady. At the very least, they have a horrible customer support department. I will never order from them again, and I would advise anyone thinking of ordering from them to try to find the products elsewhere, This is one dot com company that needs to go under.

3/29/11

Not only do I like their selection of items but recently had to deal with their customer service group over an item that arrived broken (thanks UPS). They sent me out a replacement item in a matter of a couple days. It's rare to see customer service like that.

3/17/11

bad, bad, bad
don't waste your time and money, they sent me the wrong product twice and missed my deadline for weeding invitation. Website look good but service and product horrible.. Not recommended at all, be carful

3/17/11

I bought a "varnished wood grain" iPhone 4 cover. Now, you would think, based on the picture which is clearly a varnished, shiny piece of wood, that it would be just that, a shiny, wood cover. Instead it's a piece of cheap a** fabric that cost probably 10 cents to make. It's absolute garbage. If this is the type of products they have, don't waste your money (the cover was 30 + dollars).

3/16/11

this is the worst custom site ever. i designed a men's necktie that simply said "im awesome" i used the fonts they provided and the colors they provided... i DID NOT upload any pictures or logos. about a week after i placed my order and made a payment i got an email saying that it was copyright infringement and they can not print this item. apparently a wrestler on WWE has "im awesome" as a catchphrase. since when did freedom of speech become copywrited. i personally think its a load a B.S. anyone can say that they "are awesome" thanks zazzle for ruining my kids gift to their father for fathers day by simply saying hes "awesome". you guys suck. oh... and im STILL waiting on my refund.

3/10/11

I order 2 St. Patricks day shirts almost 2 weeks ago. I received my order Tuesday when I opened the packaged they had sent me the wrong size, I had ordered a XL and they sent me a M. When I called and told them I was leaving Friday for St. Patricks day they told me tough luck. Then I spoke with a manager who said they were going to overnight it to me so I would have it by Thursday... Today is Thursday and they just sent me a email saying they still haven't shipped the shirt yet. I am really upset because this is an error on there part and they are acting like it is my fault... Never will I do buisness there again

3/6/11

I ordered a customized keychain and pre-paid c.$40-45, which included shipping costs from UK to France. When the item arrived, I was away and my neighbor accepted it and left the package for me to find. Some weeks later, when I returned, I tore it open, loved the keychain and threw away the wrappings. It was only after that, when I saw my neighbor, that she explained that she had paid the shipping costs required by FedEx (I think; pretty sure -- an additional 31 euros, or c.40-45 dollars) for delivery from the US, not UK whose Zazzle site I had ordered from. I paid her back, then looked at my order and asked Zazzle what had happened. Their reply indicated that this was a problem with "my loal distributor" and that I should try to get a copy of the bill from FedEx. As I do not even know the date of delivery and am not quite certain that it was FedEx, this is hopeless. So, I have a nice keychain (mass produced, simply custom engraved with one word) for which I have paid around $85.00. I really resent Zazzle's implying that this is somehow my fault -- when the only fault I had was to have used Zazzle. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

3/2/11

It has been three weeks that ordered envelope seals, and i still do hear anything from them, nor the product i ordered is nowhere to be found. Is this a trustworthy site.? I need those envelope seals for my invitation cards, the invitation cards are sent without the envelope seals. And the problem is, there is no contact info in the website where you can email or call them.

2/24/11

I paid for next day delivery and received it two days later and they wouldn't refund my money for next day delivery. I'll never order from them ever again nor refer them to my soldiers. I mean I would have accepted the difference between the 1 day and two day delivery especially since I ordered way before 3pm eastern standard time

1/29/11

I bought something from this site a year ago and the other day I had a $110 charge for this site. I do not believe someone swiped my card as this is the only charge and only site. I asked Zazzle to research this, gave them the order date, total and the last four of the card used. They said it would be difficult to find, this from their fraud department. Really? Not helpful at all, didn't appear they gave a damn about my concern and why should they? They got their money. I had them remove any and all data that may be there. Very unhelpful but that's the new Amerikan way.

1/12/11

Letter I submitted to them

I have to say I am very unhappy with your shipping. I ordered post cards last wednesday (the 5th) and choose standard shipping (5-7 days) thinking they would be here by tomorrow (1 week) the tracking # supplied does not work but another item I purchased the same day and shipped the same day is now scheduled for arrival on monday the 17th. That being said I orderd from another company in CA also choose standard shipping and that item will be delivered on friday THIS friday the 14th, oh yeah I ordered that item this wed a week after I ordered from your company, I am letting you know because although it is not your fault, my party is on the 29th and I ordered the invites from you company. My mistake, you should really look into why your shipping is so much slower then other companies also using UPS. It would have been faster if you had just dropped my post card in the mail box!

1/7/11

Horrible....bureaucratic idiots
Zazzle refused to print a poster for me because the poster contained the picture of a sign of Mt. Bachelor and they said I had to get a release from the resort???? This poster was for may daughter commemorating her participation in the Junior Olympics held at Mt. Bachelor. Basically, they refuse to print any image that has a copy righted logo. They claim it is copy right law....so I guess every private use photo that has any logo or image that is copy righted must have a release before they print it...they need to get real. Don't waste your time with these folks

12/28/10

I ordered some customised mugs for a Christmas present, I ended up spending over $50. When the mugs did come they had sent me someone else's order!! When i emailled them I recieved an automated email, no apology. An apology would have been nice because by the time the new shipment came Christmas had been and gone. Today I recieved the reprinted mugs and they have been printed on different sizes, when i ordered all the same size!
I would not deal with Zazzle again

12/3/10

I am trying to purchase one tshirt and the promotion says free shipping. The code gives a successful message but doesn't remove the shipping fee. I reread all the fine print and should still qualify so...I look for contact info which wasn't easy to find. The 800 number is always busy and the local number puts me on hold... So I try to send an email which it kicks back to a generic help menu that gives me outdated information. I try again and can't get into the email area at all. Finally I do, and it says that they take a day to get back to you. It's a one day only promo. Not satisfied and I've spent a long time trying to get this to work.

10/25/10

still waiting for some cards i ordered , mabe i can use them next 20th anniversaty i have...oh no wait its never going to come again ..thanks zazzle

10/25/10

I ordered a card for my 30th wedding anniversary nine days before the event. I thought that this was plenty of time for such a simple order however it is yet to arrive. To be fair the small print does say 5 - 12 days but who a: reads the small print or b: expects anything to take that long these days. I would reccomend that you make a card yourself on the computer - as I ended up doing!!!

10/7/10

You can tell a lot about a business by how they handle themselves when something goes wrong. I've ordered from Zazzle several times and been delighted with the product. So I didn't think twice about spending $300 on shirts for my birthday party. When I opened the box, the coloring of the text on the shirts was all wrong, and there was less than a week to do anything about it. I assumed I was SOL, and though I hate complaining, I did send the company an e-mail expressing my disappointment. I really didn't think there was anything that could be done at that point. Not only did they get back to me right away, they were bending over backward to make it right. They gave me several options including a rush job to redo the shirts.

As someone who hates complaining, I was pleasantly surprised with how smoothly their customer service handled the situation. As I said before, I've ordered from them several times and never had a problem until now, but its nice to know that if something does go wrong, they don't make you jump through hoops to get your money back. Will order from them again and again.

6/18/10

This review is more of the business rather than the shopping. Zazzle said the order would take 5-12 business days to ship. I am now on day 13 and counting.. and can't give the item I purchased as a gift. Their shipping takes longer than they promise. When I complained to their customer service, they admitted that it has been seen to take an additional 5 days ... but they don't make that clear on their website.

I will never order from them again. Cafepress is MUCH more reliable and great quality too!

5/17/10

Zazzle describes itself as enabling "individuals, professional artists, and major brands, including Disney and Hallmark, to create and offer billions of unique products for customers worldwide". This means Zazzle does not DESIGN the items it sells, but PRINTS them. Therefore, if anything goes wrong in the production process, they say it's part of the design, creating a loop of passing the buck between designer and Zazzle. At the end of the day, you do get a refund, less your return shipping and a whole lot of grief.
Delivery is reasonable, order is questionably accurate. My order would have been perfect except for a gloss coating on one side of a gift card. The item arrived with the gloss coating on the To/From side and not the Address/Picture side, making it impossible to fill-out. Zazzle insisted this was the designers intention and would not see reason.
Not too pleased with Customer Service; your basic automaton, giving scripted answers. Zazzle was more interested in refunding my money than fixing the problem, which I wanted; I wanted the cards!
Customer Service "Support" was more concerned about being right than a retaining a pleased customer AND making money. Even after Zazzle had me contact the designer who said it was a printing error, Zazzle still insisted it was a design error, sending me "pictures" and Return Merchandise form.
Zazzle looks good, but isn't worth the grief

3/4/10

Crappy misleading site. Said first time customers would get free shipping. Entered promo code and it would not accept. Said 3-5 shipping days. I am getting my order in 10. When I finally got a CSR they said if I ordered less than 50 items it would be 3-5, but since I ordered exactly 50 postcards it takes longer. Oh and CSR said the promo code was for KEDS sneakers only? WTF?

EXPERT
10/21/09

Zazzle can be a good place to make custom tee shirts for gifts. You can design your own using their website, or you can upload a picture. The shipping is quick and the prices aren't bad. My biggest complaint is how slow their web interface can be. I've ordered 3 times, but the last time I gave up because their site was so slow and I used CafePress.com instead which is also good.

About Zazzle
Specialties & Business Description
Zazzle is the world's leading quality custom products platform. Our vision is to redefine commerce, powered by the world's imagination.
Meet the Business Representative
Zazzle S.
Title: Zazzle Support
Zazzle Support is here to assist you!