US Government's NSF

Chevy Chase, MD 20815

99 Reviews for WeddingWire

▼ Sort by: recent

8/29/14

My phone has rung off the hook and i've raised my prices by 90% since I joined wedding wire! I had doubts... but for the investment, i'm sending more business away than keeping it because i have so many. Moreover, the quality of the leads are significant, ready, and able purchasers. I'm way satisfied and suggest this site to revolutionize there business!

The staff is great at assimilation. They know that by teaching you, their client, how to be successful that then you will be successful and maintain the service or more. They have a great and positive team who are greatly resourceful.

Finally, they offer a back office suite for your business... i haven't converted over there yet, but it looks awesome and way underused!!

Tip for consumers: Def sit through the orientation and do what they say.. they are the experts with reason!

8/29/14

AMAZING I love Wedding Wire and all of their representatives. I own a small videography shop that is open in 3 cities, and I would say at least HALF of our bookings come directly from Wedding Wire and I am grateful for that. When I need help with anything, I have sometimes 2 or more representatives on it. They are GREAT at communicating. Big thanks to Bridget and Kristen Godfrey and a few others.

Tip for consumers: This gave me SO much extra business, I love wedding wire!

8/27/14

Very professional well done by James Crockett

Tip for consumers: Very informative and helpful

8/21/14

I have been on Wedding Wire for almost a year now and coming up my anniversary, I have found this to be very helpful in securing business. By joining Wedding Wire it has increase my business and has paid for itself. When my consultant has been out Naisby Herring out of the office Karen Richardson stepped in help me with an issue that had pop up. My new consultant Alli Gambarani has been just as helpful. If you are sitting on the fence weather to join Wedding Wire do not hesitate to join the fold. I would highly recommend their services.

Pete
Time of Your Life Djs

8/21/14

I have to give Wedding Wire Five out of Five stars. I needed a lot of technical support to maximize my advertising dollars and Wedding Wire was right there holding my hand. Michele Molnar did a fantastic job in helping us set up our site on Wedding Wire to get as much media attention as possible. She had great ideas and was very patient with me (and I know that was not easy).

Tip for consumers: I would take there advice when it comes to maximizing your advertising dollars.

8/19/14

Always attentive the staff at WeddingWire go the extra mile and take the extra time to make sure they have not only answered your question, but look for things I might have not thought of. Because of the sheer volume of wedding related calls they get, the bring all that real world experience. They are also very current on trends in marketing my wedding business. Julie Murphy, my rep has always made herself available and when she was tied up another would step in making the work seamless. Thanks to all of you.

8/19/14

Wedding Wire has been a huge support system for me throughout the planning of our wedding! We did not hire a wedding planner and Wedding Wire has acted as the perfect wedding planning template for this very chaotic time. The website is easy to use and keeps me completely organized. I use the guest list on the site to input all of our guests' information from who needs a hotel to their addresses. This will make thank-you cards a breeze for us after wedding. I also have created our wedding website through Wedding Wire and have received fantastic feedback from our guests. Above all else, the Wedding Wire Support team has been a lifesaver and helped me with any and everything, not to mention how quick they are at responding. ANY bride should consider this website.

8/19/14

Wedding Wire has truly been an excellent companion in my endeavors within the wedding industry. It's features and unique tools provides you with a complete Client Management System to increase overall productivity. I like the fact that Wedding Wire strives to stay ahead of the technological curve and continuously adapt to changes within the industry, the Beta Analytic shows me the monthly traffic both to my front page and website , which helps me plan for future months of when to implement paid advertisements or discounts. But most importantly, one of the very reasons why i speak so highly of Wedding Wire is because of the people.The staff are readily available and respond to your questions promptly. Each category of businesses are assigned to a specific customer relationship manager/individual, which are there for you from the beginning until the present. I have had the pleasure of working with Dave Berman who has helped me set up my SEO optimization and provided valuable and unique ideas to improve on my social media marketing. The only thing missing and which I hope to see in the near future , is to have the direct invoice within the client contract setup to use CDN currency as opposed to USD currency, which would make my overall bookings much more efficient and easier for my clients. Thanks again ! Wedding wire and everyone working there for all your support !! You guys Rock !

Alex R

Tip for consumers: If you/your business or services deal directly within the wedding industry, there is no question about it. WeddingWire is essential..

8/18/14

Terrible company. I never signed up for my business to be on this site. Strangers put me there and even though I closed down after 25 years, Wedding Wire refuses to remove the listing because of the reviews. These reviews mention my name, and a simple web search for me brings this up.

8/15/14

This is an excellent site for anyone planning a wedding. I used this site to help choose my vendors. The customer reviews were very helpful. I recommend reading most recent reviews and choosing 5 star vendors. The vendors with less then 5 stars didn't turn out to be what I expected.

8/13/14

Wedding wire has been a great service for so many things during our wedding planning. It helped with ideas, organizing our checklist, creating a wedding website, and even reviewing our vendors. They provided an easy way to do these things with great information and even rewards for using certain things on the site.

8/13/14

OMG! Thank you so much Samantha, it was a pleasure getting your call in response to my email today.... I have been dealing with issues of all kinds for the past 4 days now and you have been one of the most helpful and pleasant CSR's I have spoken to. Thanks again for making my day!

8/5/14

This site is populated by mean people and vendors who will bully you for being crazy if you had any kind of a negative experience that you need help with.

8/4/14

We love Wedding Wire and initially signed up while our business was wrapping up construction and it has definitely helped grow our business more and more everyday. Brides would not be able to find us without Wedding Wire, and our business would not be the success it is today without their services. It has been worth the investment, and we would highly recommend that any new or existing business sign up with Wedding Wire!

8/4/14

After 2 years, I'm still very much enjoying Weddingwire!! If my brides don't find me on there, they certainly look my ratings up before meeting with me. My reviews have been a fantastic tool for my growing business.

8/2/14

WeddingWire is a great way to get the word out about the vendors you select (and are pleased with!) for your wedding and reception. I had wonderful experiences with all my vendors, and using WeddingWire to review them positively was a really nice way to thank them! Word of mouth is often the best advertiser.

While using WeddingWire, I had to request help to reset my password...and believe it or not, a real person responded to my email! Thank you Sarah for helping me reset my password.

WeddingWire is a simple way to review your event vendors! It is also a great way to get your word out so other brides looking for their wedding will feel confident with the vendors they select.

7/25/14

I have nothing but great things to say about WeddingWire! I recently returned home from my daughter's east coast wedding, and used WeddingWire for all the reviews I wanted to write for the wonderful vendors who made such a difference for me. Doing it promptly and correctly was important to me, in order to honor the vendors for all their hard work. When I ran into problems (not due to WeddingWire) the Support Desk responded within 24 hours or less with each and every communication. My problems were resolved, and I was delighted. It is a pleasure to work with an efficient entity! Thank you!

7/24/14

Furious dosen't even BEGIN to describe my mood right now. I had a free listing on Wedding Wire, and I was given some song and dance that, by having a paid listing with them, that I would get more traffic and more bookings. My contract ends with them soon, and I have gotten the same results as I would have with a free listing - a big, fat ZERO. The ONE bride who contacted me last week in the almost one year I've had a paid listing was only interested in price (read: Bargain Shopper), and she didn't book with me. Over a thousand dollars spent, and I've gotten NO substantial return on my investment. And while it's true they do offer some seminars, you could find the same things out by doing some research on your own, and sometimes other vendors will offer the same types of webinars for free. I measure the success of working with a vendor based on my ROI from the involvement, and since I haven't even broken even on this, I'm rating this one a solid ZERO. I'm in business to make money and not throw it away, and the only people who made money on this transaction were the people at Wedding Wire.

ADDENDUM 12/27/13 - The closer I get to the end of my contract with Wedding Wire, the angrier I'm getting, and I'm pretty well steamed right now. I have no way of figuring out how much actual traffic I've had to my Wedding Wire site, even after visiting my dashboard. I wasted $1,080 advertising with these people and have nothing to show for it. I wonder if we should consider a class action suit because it looks like I'm not the only person who got burned by these people. Save yourself the money and stay with your free listing!

IN RESPONSE TO LAUREN: I did work with my Customer Rep and nothing she suggested worked. Changing images, posting offers, nothing. In terms of traffic, I can count on one hand through my GA the number of people who actually clicked through to my site. The ONE person who did was way below my price range. I still stand by my original statement that Wedding Wire isn't worth the high investment I made in it, especially since I was led to believe that a paid listing with your site would increase bookings.

7/24/14

Katie helped us out when we had an inappropriate review on our account page. She was able to remove the vulgar content. Thanks!

7/24/14

THANKS for your quick reply and your help. I had problems uploading my csv wedding guest list. I attached the csv I was attempting to load and sent it to a customer service person on the website and the next day the list was up on my site and loaded. The quick response and correspondence was sooo helpful.

7/22/14

We are so glad we used Carl Nelson photography for our wedding! He is not only delightful to work with but his artbooks are beautiful! VERY POSITIVE EXPERIENCE!

7/19/14

Ok, I used Weddingwire 2 years ago to review vendors and create an online website. Just this week, WeddingWire let me know my venue, Rosemont, had disputed my review. This made no sense, as the review was 2 years old, so surely if there was a serious problem, they would have contacted me by now. Also I was so upset, as Weddingwire indicated I needed to submit a copy of my contract with Rosemont, to prove I'd done business with them at all. You can imagine how devastated & angry it made me feel, to have the whole venue-where I had all my family & friends out-called into question. Well, I sent Weddingwire the contract, left a nasty review of Rosemont on Yelp-which I have since deleted- and posted here regarding my opinion that Weddingwire should not allow their review process to be abused in such a way, as I suspected the dispute came from the venue's exclusive on-site caterer, who I'd left a bad review for. Trust me, the Caterer earned it. Today, I find out from the venue that it was all due to a computer glitch on their end & my review WAS NOT meant to be disputed. It also happened to one other person who left a five-star review. So, my concern with Weddingwire is -why aren't you verifying a dispute with the vendor first before contacting the customer? They've put me through the wringer this week & uneccesarily added stress to my life that I didn't need. Never do this to a customer again, ok!?

7/19/14

Love WeddingWire! Chose them over TheKnot for my wedding website and I'm loving it! Very user friendly and I can personalize everything just the way I want! I also really enjoy their weekly newsletter sent straight to my email! Very original ideas (TONS of ideas for every aspect of a wedding!), advice, tips, etc...will recommend them every time :)

7/18/14

I submitted a review of a vendor that was not positive, but stated facts that I felt other potential consumers should know. My review was immediately disputed by the vendor. In turn, WeddingWire removed my review while it was being disputed and asked me to provide proof of the services, etc. I responded quickly and submitted proof of a signed contract from both parties and informed them I also had a copy of my completed event planning form if they needed it. I then received an email thanking me for sending the information they requested and was told my review would be reinstated within two weeks. I just checked today as it has been over three weeks and the first search would not pull my review. I then emailed the same contact at WeddingWire back to find out why it was not listed yet. In the meantime, I decided to check again, only changing the search options, in which I did come across my review. However, they only listed two sentences of my very specific/detailed review. As I scrolled through other reviews I noticed a trend... Most of the negative or not favoring reviews were limited to only a sentence or two. Unlike the positive reviews which were several paragraphs long. I find this insulting as I took time out of my day to post an honest comment/review about a service I had received/paid for and because it was not a favorable one they (WeddingWire) can decide to alter it to their liking? My first thought is... Is this because this particular vendor received their "WeddingWire Couple's Choice Award 2014" and "Theknot.com's Best of 2014 Award"? If that is the case, I wonder how many others were altered to make their site and awards look good? I'm very disgusted by this site and will not be recommending it to anyone! Maybe if I hadn't used this site to base my buying decision on for this particular vendor in the first place, I wouldn't have been in this situation to begin with. Either way, consumers should be aware and not take their "awards" so seriously... Do more research before basing any decision on what this site shows. Lesson learned!

7/13/14

I attended the Wedding Wire conference in Miami. I have to say that you all are first class. I refer all my brides to your website to review the resorts reviews and to use this tool for their wedding planning. I like the new tab where brides can request information on the resort from the web page. My first lead I received, I booked.. Thanks

7/12/14

Only had to contact customer service once so far and they were on it. Response time super quick and problem was fixed before the next day. No complaints here!

7/11/14

I used Wedding Wire when planning my wedding in December 2012. There are an abundance of resources available to any and all brides. The "Design a Floorplan" was soo helpful and made it a lot easier to work through the seating chart. I used the "Binder" to keep all of my receipts and invoices together. Having everything together in one place made it a lot less stressful, especially because I could access my info anywhere! I would recommend Wedding Wire as an absolute must for anyone planning a wedding.

7/11/14

Truly why in all my years in the event industry I have enjoyed working with the Wedding Wire team through and through. There are lots of wedding websites showcasing wedding vendors and Wedding Wire has always had uch wonderful customer service. I am glad I have chosen to work with them throughout the years and I will continue to do so. Thank you Wedding Wire!

7/10/14

Ahhhmaziinnggg. They helped me keep track of all my wedding things including payments, choosing vendors. Really great site I recommend all my friends to it when they are having weddings

7/2/14

Our experience with Wedding Wire Customer Service Staff has been Excellent. Our needs had been attended fast and professionally.

Thank you!

7/1/14

I am not a planner by nature, be it on a small or large scale, but using weddingwire.com allowed me organize my plans & thoughts efficiently while keeping me on schedule with everything that deals with planning a wedding & being able to share my logistics through my own website. I couldn't have picked a better source of assistance...thank you so much weddingwire!!

6/30/14

When having user related issues, aka:older people using online RSVP, I was amazed with the thoroughness as well as quick response time wedding wire provided. I have also been impressed with the website in General when it comes to wedding planning. Three cheers!

6/25/14

As a bride there are many stressors when it comes to planning a wedding. All of a sudden have to become a professional party planner for your guests, a counselor for your families, and not to mention a telemarketer for those guests who decide to RSVP late. I've used weddingwire.com throughout this entire process and have been extremely pleased with how easy the site is to use. As guest RSVP's start to roll in, I'm extremely happy with the support I received from weddingwire. You never know what you can get into when you use various wedding websites. One thing for sure is I will be recommending weddingwire to all of my friends. It’s a no hassle, user friendly site. Thank you for making my planning run a bit more smoothly :)

6/21/14

I was in the process of sending out the final RSVPs for my wedding when I noticed the website was not working correctly. I tried various ways to get into the website; however, our someone else's picture continue to show and all of the information was removed. My finance and I was really concerned because we put alot of work into the building of the website and was concerned about losing all of our information after 6 months of having it and 3 months before the wedding. Well, I searched for a contact for WeddingWire and honestly did not know what to expect. To my surprise, I received an email that night, it must have been about 11 PM PST, stating that they noticed they had issues and had their IT working them. Katie also assured us that we would not lose our information. The estimated completion time was within 24 hours. I was so ecstatic to have received a response because my experience with other companies customer services had been really poor lately. I replied to the email I received from Katie and received another email immediately after. WOW, someone was really behind the computer! She said that she would let me know when the problem had been rectified, which she did. All of our information was back to normal. I truly appreciate the support, kindness and courtesy that was provided. We definitely need more of this within the customer service realm.

6/21/14

I have been a WeddingWire vendor as a DJ and Live Musician since 2009, just recently celebrating my 5 year anniversary. As a wedding entertainer who averages 100+ wedding performances a year, an inaugural member of TheKnot.com's Hall of Fame, and three time winner of the WeddingWire Brides/Couples Choice award, my paid advertising through the WeddingWire is an integral, invaluable part of my overall marketing plan.

No one can promise you business. You need to go out and earn that for yourself. You have to build a quality storefront and offer brides a great service. What the WeddingWire does do is provide quality leads from potential brides for your services, as well as a great online presence in the form of a virtual storefront to market your services. They boost your website's SEO. Timely webinars for members add to the value. They truly are vested in your success.

I keep track of my leads and follow up with my bridal clients; the WeddingWire brides are more often than not eager to engage the review process, which is one of the most thorough in the business, second probably only to Gigmasters. Fake or troll reviews are verified by contract and removed.

You don't have to take my word for any of this. Search my name on WeddingWire and look at the success I have enjoyed over the past 5 years. Bottom line, if you are a wedding vendor and not advertising on the WeddingWire, vendors like me are probably taking potential business from you.

6/19/14

I wanted to write and express my thanks to all the people who make wedding wire such a great place to go to when planning a wedding. I'm 60 years old and just got married last May, 24 2014. Weddingwire help guide me in planning my dream wedding. Weddingwire was such an inspiration for me in planning my own wedding with pages full of beautiful photo's, ideas, and guidance all along the way. I managed to find most of my songs for our wedding on wedding wire, all but a few of my vendors, and the photos helped me design and create what I wanted my wedding to be... I especially appreciate that weddingwire features reviews for vendors which I think is so important for any bride. Also, weddingwire has inspired me to perhaps start my own business as a wedding designer/planner. Again, thank you so much for all the hard work that your wonderful staff have created in order for brides like myself to plan our dream wedding. Now that my wedding is over, I'm truly going to miss my e-mails from weddingwire and all the fun planning that I had along the way. Keep up the wonderful work.
Wishing you a beautiful day,
Debra

6/7/14

Terrible, terrible scam for both vendors and brides alike. Vendors stay far away and if you haven't already, do NOT even accept a free listing. Brides, please understand that vendors can anonymously post positive reviews of themselves as often as they wish and have control over any negative reviews.

5/19/14

I posted a review for a vendor explaining an experience that was not so great. I remained professional and only stated facts. The vendor personally attacked me in their response and now almost 5 months later have claimed a dispute of the review. Weddingwire wanted me ro send them proof of payment or a copy of the contract to verify that we used the venue. I was going to do that and decided that they have proof since the vendor responded that should have been proof. They removed my review from their featured venue.

5/14/14

I signed up for a free account last year. I was thinking of advertising with them until I got a call from one of their sales reps. yesterday while I was driving in my car. I was going down into a canyon and lost the call. I thought that the guy would call me back but never did. So later that day I get this email from ** (see below) and I Googled rude call from wedding wire and found all the reviews on here, I will not advertise with them after reading you are locked in to a one year contract.. and they send out rude emails. I also looked back at all my emails from ** and not one had the disclaimer on the bottom like this one does. If they want to cancel the account that is fine with me, it does not show up anyway when people try and search for flowers in my zip code.

Hey Michael -

This is ** from over at WeddingWire. Perhaps you have poor service and our call just dropped, but I figured I'd follow up via email in case I caught you at a bad time.

I know no one likes sales calls, but just like you do flowers - this is my job and I was just calling to loop around from January, per your request. You told me to contact you in the spring before the summer season, as you had signed up on WeddingWire for the exposure in the first place.

If this is still the case, then let me know. If not, then I can go ahead and make a note or deactive the account so you don't have to get calls like this.

---

Account Executive

W E D D I N G W I R E

website • blog • facebook • twitter

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or their designee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies.

** [personal info redacted by admin]

5/13/14

We have been with Weddingwire since the beginning they started. I have to say, they are the best! Everything from the ease to navigate their site, to great customer support, the legitimate review process they use as well as all their wonderful webinars have blessed by business indeed!

4/28/14

I found this site a great resource to organize my wedding and find all of my vendors. We ended up using a lot of great vendors we found through WeddingWire, as well as using the seating arrangement tool and building our wedding website.

4/20/14

HORRIBLE! DO NOT GO THERE! I signed up as a free listing then was refereed by one of my DJ fellows. So I proceeded to be on the paid membership, and was leaded to the point where I would receive tons of leads. This was a LIE!

They will never tell you about a contract at all! Let me repeat this again, THEY WILL NOT TELL YOU ABOUT A CONTRACT! All of their fine print is a recorded message which pretty much hides out alot of the actual terms where it is very easy to miss.

I have already reported this business to BBB, and got a response from Brendan McClellan. It was not much help either, they refused to give you a refund. You are on a 12 month contract and there is no way out.

After I asked to terminate my account and in writing that it will not be turned into collections in writing, this was his response "Aside from our email conversation, I don't have anything to offer in writing. You are actually covered by law as we are not even allowed to insinuate that we would actually use a collections agency, unless we had the intent to do so and act on that. And as mentioned previously, the internal collections process refers to our Accounting department reaching out to rectify the outstanding balance of a customer."

I just have so much to tell you about this company!

This was the last email

My response:

No, just want to end it with nothing to do with the company. No collections, money back, cancel the account, want in writing stating that it will not affect my credit score.

Or I'll take legal action and have authorities to investigate the company's performance....

Second complaint is being filed with the BBB.

His Response:

No problem! As I mentioned, we do not use a third party collection agency for delinquent accounts, we handle those internally on our own.

I will inform our Operations team that you wish to terminate the account, so you should receive email notification later today once the account has been terminated.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any other follow up questions and I'd be happy to answer them for you!

again, do not go with this company!

3/25/14

I agree with so many others. You are locked into a year contract with promises to get leads. I got only 1. Then they changed their formatting and where I was paying to list my company I was next to someone who paid nothing!. I complained and they told me that they were an internet company and not considered a Wedding Planning Company. Like so may other useless online websites. Now since I didn't want to renew my listing, I can't even be found. What BS!

3/21/14

Amazing site! Most helpful to find your vendors - reviews are awesome. Seating chart is a life saver.

3/19/14

Wedding Wire.com is a website that any vendor should stay away from...the allow brides to post false and malicious reviews under a false name and false event. I asked them to remove my account and they refused. They keep your information visible forever. They allow a vendor to make a rebuttal to a negative review but it is far too late since it is already out there...they offer no support which is beneficial to a vendor

3/18/14

I locked into a contract for a year. I NEVER NEVER got a lead, call or response from Wedding Wire. In fact, I made at least 3K on Facebook and Yelp all of which is free. I asked that the last month (only) I be released they refused absolutely. Please do not use them for your business I sorely wish I had not.

3/18/14

I pay $200 per month. $2400 for the one year contract. My contract is almost done and I have booked two low budget weddings totaling $1600. I'd say that is a pretty bad ROI when I have to work about 20 hours to give away $800 to advertise on their site. I definitely would not recommend.

3/4/14

HUGE SCAM!! I know of 5 vendors posting fake reviews for themselves using different IPs disconnecting their DSL modems every time (changing their IP everytime they post). I let WW know of that issue - no action. ALL fake reviews are still up and running. They even sound all the same. Whats the answer from WW - nothing.

2/21/14

I was not aware of WW until a bride we serviced posted a review about us, all 5 stars. I began to look into what they offer vendors and signed up for the free listing, filled out the questions asked and signed up and my company was posted, August 2013. IIn Oct 2013 I contacted a sales rep to get more info about advertising with them but was not jazzed about the premium cost and limited search feature for our barbecue company -to generalized, so we did not do anything other than the free listing. Feb 2014 we were contacted by a new sales rep and wanted to sign us up etc. After listening to the sales pitch and reading the negative reviews WW has received i wanted to see who was correct. I sign up on WW as a bride and searched for a caterer, searched within my business zip code, the least amount of mileage you can select is 25 miles. The results were exactly what everyone's complaint is only the largest highest paying add were first AND they were the vendors located the furthest away, the next listings were the smaller paid adds then the free listings. The real kicker was, and is why i am writing this, is my free listing that i signed up for was not even there. WHY? At this point i dismissed using WW for any advertising. The WW rep calls me to follow up to see if i made a decision and wanted to sign up, i then learn that the previous rep did not approve my free listing, what? So the listing i had and submitted myself and seen listed was later removed. The rep then told me how they now had to do approved free listing because they had a problem with porn being posted to their website. OMG whatever WW is full of BS, is a waste of your time and money and they will change their tone to fit whatever the sales call may need to get money from you and list your company in the haystack.

2/19/14

0 stars if will be possible. This is a scam. The sales rep said that I can cancel anytime and now after 4 month with no leads I decided to cancel just to find out that I agreed with a 12 month plan. This is absurd. I will never agree with something like this. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEM, WILL GET NO LEEDS AND PAY TOP DOLLAR FOR NOTHING.

The Best Wedding Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber