US Government's NSF

Two Wisconsin Circle, 3rd Floor
Chevy Chase, MD 20815, USA
Tel: +1.3012319473
support@weddingwire.com

People interested in WeddingWire are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

juliak

It has so many reviews of vendors, that I've started going there before going to yelp. (in 67 reviews)

abbyp1

With WeddingWire, building a wedding website has been great. (in 15 reviews)

stephaniet20

We have only had good experiences with the WeddingWire customer service department! (in 21 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

faiths7
8/30/15

This company does not protect its vendors from slanderous reviews from bad clients.

antoniam6
8/26/15

This website was definitely NOT helpful for me as an upcoming bride! I went into the forums to ask advice on an honest situation I had. The girls used it as an opportunity to personally attack me, ridicule me, and to basically exhibit the very petty catty behavior that perpetuates bad stereotypes about females. I was only on the site for less than an hour before I vowed to never post on there again. Two full hours after I'd deleted some of my posts and had stopped commenting altogether, my friend (who'd been following my thread on that site, and the toxic responses) noticed that girls were STILL commenting with rude, senseless, unhelpful remarks...page after page. The girls who frequent this site have too much spare time on their hands, and no life...and no wedding either, probably, since even very small weddings tend to be a lot of work to plan, too much work to warrant so much free time to attack other brides who try out the site and its forums. I am an unhappy former account holder of Wedding Wire and I will definitely NOT be returning.

bellal7
8/23/15

I used weddingwire online tools to help organize my wedding. They made it easy. Also, their shop had great decor deals. But the best part....when I had a question, and reached out to customer support...they responded promptly and wonderfully. I recommend this site for any DIY bride.

marlc
8/17/15

I really love how organize this hectic wedding planning has been because of the help from wedding wire and their great reviewed vendors, which is a must for me. Also I had a great experience with Amanda one of their concierge, who took care of me regarding setting up room blocks for my guests. She was amazing communicating, always on point as well as patient with us and got it done. Can't wait to continue using wedding wire's amazing services until my wedding comes and goes lol. Thank you WeddingWire.

carolynp11
8/17/15

A very neutral review that I left on WeddingWire for a vendor I hired for my wedding several years ago was recently disputed. WeddingWire responded to this dispute quickly (within 1 business day) and verified the credibility of my review rapidly (over a weekend). I had really pleasant exchanges with an employee over email. She helped clearly explain to me more about review disputes and she let me know that if this vendor repeatedly misuses the dispute feature in the future, their privilege to dispute could be suspended.

taraj12
8/7/15

Wedding Wire customer services were incredibly kind, truthful and genuinely seeking excellent service. I would trust their reviews, their rating system and their aid for any event in the future!

steves174
8/5/15

I spoke with Keren Richardson this week. She is my customer success manager for my advertising account on weddingwire. She was awesome. She spent a long time with me and improved my advertising program in more than 10 different areas. They were all small items that I'm sure will make a big difference!

terim4
8/3/15

Why get on WeddingWire?
1) Its where brides go to find Wedding Photographers.
2) It rates well on Google Search.
3) You can link to your WeddingWire customer reviews.
4) Responsive staff - replies to emails quickly and take action (especially Ashley).
5) Its a full service website, the wedding party can find everything they need on WeddingWire (besides photographer, DJ, venue and more).

brennans
8/3/15

I've worked with a number of support team specialists at Wedding Wire over the years, when the company I work for needed assistance in helping our clients. These clients were having difficulty for one reason or another posting or editing their reviews on WW's site. Each time the WW team consistently strive to exceed my expectations, and are one of the few companies (in any industry) that consistently responds to all inquires within 24 business hours, often times with a solution already in place! Most recently, I worked with Samantha and she could not have been more helpful or pleasant, as I was dealing with a highly technical issue for a client whose review was not posting properly. Samantha was able to replicate the issue and then send it along to a special unit within the company for further testing and analysis. She kept me posted on the status, and went out of her way to make sure the issue was resolved in a timely manner. Samantha wanted ensure that I had a great experience, even asking if there were any other issues that she could help me address, now or in the future. Fantastic service!

alissas3
7/29/15

I worked with Emma about a dispute over a review I posted. She was kind and professional and got all of the information necessary to validate my review. Thank you Emma and wedding wire!

danielas9
7/29/15

I had written a review on WeddingWire about a certain vendor I had hired for a corporate event. The vendor was not happy with my review and disputed it. WeddingWire was great to work with in making sure my review got posted and was accurate. They were incredibly thorough, very responsive, and patient with the situation.

Great customer service and communication!

melanies30
7/29/15

I live in New York city and was trying to plan a wedding in Cleveland, OH. Logistical nightmare right? WRONG? Wedding Wire helped make my planning experience seamless. Without being able to meet everyone in person I found the sites search by vendor and area super helpful. The reviews helped me get a temperature check to see who I was dealing with, and we were able to nail down some AWESOME vendors and EARLY! The planning tools helped me organize my thoughts and understand when I needed to make decisions for my timeline. for someone who didn't want to spend the money on a full time planner, wedding wire was there as my support. I can't say enough about how user friendly the website was, and the fact that a REAL person emailed to make sure I was having a great experience. My wedding is coming up and I could not have done it (without going insane) without Wedding Wire. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

kaylanm
7/29/15

WeddingWire was the main resource we used when planning our wedding and the tools were amazing. First of all, they have the easiest to use and most modern wedding websites available. Many other sites offer dated website templates that are hard to pull up on your phone.

We also really loved the budgeting and seating chart tools. We are both incredibly visual and these tools helped us stay organized. I would recommend the site to anyone who is looking for one place to keep all of their wedding details organized.

melissam72
7/28/15

I started using WeddingWire at the same time as another wedding app and I think the tools are amazing. I have in fact stopped using the other app. My only issue is I need to use more than one app (please make one robust app!). For someone who used to be a creative director, planning comes easy but the WeddingWire app makes it fast and simple to get to what I want. Putting that aside, the budget tool is better than half of those out there. It lets you determine your budget and edit the line items yourself for estimates vs. actuals (most apps only do actuals) I also love the paid vs due feature and email to yourself so you can have a hard copy on your laptop. I also love the checklist it makes me feel like I am staying on top of thing versus drowning in to do's. WW's timelines seem rational and doable. As for vendors for destination wedding, at first I was just hoping to find a few contacts, but I was pleasantly surprised to see there many choices and the app and website made it easy to reach out for information and mange the communications. Overall great app and I am sure I will love even more as I go trough the planning process during the next year.

pegf2
7/22/15

We hired a band for my daughter's wedding. We paid for extra musicians and one did not show up. The band acknowledged we were due a partial refund, then proceeded to use the old "check is in the mail" lie several times. Then they disconnected their telephone number, then their website was taken down, etc. We wanted to warn other brides about the band and submitted a review to Wedding Wire. They refused to print it because the band "disputed" the review! Wedding Wire, like many similar websites, is a "pay for play" scam. The more vendors pay, the more preferential treatment they receive, and the website WILL NOT publish negative reviews if vendors pay them. Do yourself a favor and do your own homework with actual real people who have used the vendors and make sure they have been in business a long time. If it is a corporation, check the secretary of state's business filings in your state (our band was supposedly incorporated, and when I checked after the fact, found out they had been dissolved years before for failure to comply with reporting requirements and failure to pay taxes). Your wedding day is way too important to rely on Wedding Wire for phony reviews.

danielr72
7/17/15

We were already sketchy about advertising on either weddingwire or the knot, but we decided to try it with weddingwire.

6 months, and not one lead. Well, actually, there was 1 fake lead. Yes. Not one real bride contacted us to even ask about our services. They promise an amount of "clicks" to the weddingwire storefront you create, but they automatically drop you form the standings as soon as you have received the "clicks" for the month. This company relies on people that will take chances. I did, and I lost. It happens.

Why the one star? Well, weddingwire will charge you a monthly amount to be able to be "seen" by brides, as opposed to their "free" listing, which isn't seen by anyone UNLESS - and here's the kicker - they search for them on any search engine (Google, yahoo, bing, etc) and your "free" business profile shows up right next to your website. LEADING YOUR CLIENT TO CLICK ON THEIR SITE, WHILE THEY WERE LOOKING FOR YOU DIRECTLY. Hold on, it gets worse: ONCE THE PERSON LOOKING FOR YOU SPECIFICALLY, CLICKS ON YOUR WEDDINGWIRE "FREE" PROFILE INSTEAD OF YOUR WEBSITE, THEY WILL SEE A COMPETITOR OF YOURS THAT SHOWS UP ON YOUR PROFILE. lol despicable way to do business. By law, they are not allowed to do this, so you can ask weddingwire to delete your "free" profile.

The monthly amount you'll pay says you'll get an average number of clicks, but you never do get those clicks. They may even be by some 12 year old that is in love with the One Direction band and planning her fantasy wedding on weddingwire, and one of the vendors she looks at is you. And there, easily, you lose a click.

When it comes to the reviews, the customers never write them because they felt the need to, but because as businesses, we ask them. I might as well ask all of my family members, friends, maybe even pay some people to get me a good 280 reviews. Yeah, it's rigged.

On top of that, those "badges" that vendors get are a way to give vendors an "award." Couples Choice Awards? Trust the fact that there is no big event where brides go to "vote" for best vendor.

Also, ANYONE can advertise on weddingwire. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE QUALITY OF SERVICES THE VENDORS OFFER TO THE BRIDES. And they're supposed to take care of the brides! Photographers, DJ's, Wedding Planners, etc are a very dangerous thing to book over weddingwire. You can be a software engineer and own a crappy camera, and voila: you are equipped to advertise on weddingwire, no questions asked lol

Sorry for the long post, but most people just say how bad weddingwire is and not really go in depth as to how crappy their WHOLE system really is.

Tip for consumers: Invest in a great website, and some search engine optimization (you can learn to do it yourself).

robc48
7/15/15

My favorite thing is to have a consult with Liza Danello at Weddingwire to go over
strategy. She is a real asset to the company. Go, Liza!

meghang2
7/9/15

I wrote a review on weddingwire and the vendor disputed it. I was pretty upset, but Emma with wedding wire helped in any she could to get my review back up for future brides to beware! Thanks weddingwire for your pleasant and helpful service!

marnieh1
7/8/15

I used a florist off of WeddingWire and was not happy with the service I received for our wedding. I wrote an honest review about my experience and the issues we had and the vendor immediately disputed it. I was contacted by the review/dispute team and they handled the situation perfectly. It's nice to know you're able to write an honest review of your experience without it being overruled by an unhappy vendor creating an unfair rating.

Thanks for everything!

ag650
7/8/15

I've been advertising on Wedding Wire since the beginning and all the folks who have handled my account have always been great. This is a special shout out to Sean O'Leary, my account rep, who is always on top of everything question I have and is able to fix any problem I have instantly. And he is so patient - I really appreciate that. Simply put, he is the BEST!

maryel20
7/2/15

I am a vendor and have used the Wedding Wire site for my music business. I can not recommend Wedding Wire and more specifically Cindy Phung enough. Cindy has always been available for every question I have and is patient, kind and extremely knowledgable and helpful. She genuinely wants to help you and see your business grow. She adds her own personal touch as well. I highly recommend Wedding Wire and Cindy Phung.

Tip for consumers: work with Cindy Phung if you can.

lisah124
6/30/15

Couldn't have picked a better, more user friendly website. If I did ever come across an issue, or area of the website I wasn't sure how to use. I emailed for support, and literally received a reply from the company within hours.
Thank you for such a great site!

marieh39
6/10/15

I had an overpriced WW account for two years, never got a single customer through the platform despite having posted videos, pictures, made a storefront, had top reviews, etc. Just wasted a lot of my precious time continuing to feed content into a self-feeding platform not made for businesses or customers but just made to make their own money on membership and ads... oh, and on clicks because my excellent reviews are still on their website despite having closed down my business!

jenniferj52
6/9/15

I really enjoy WeddingWire. As a wedding photographer it is fabulous; having a business that does other areas of photography is where I have a harder time with it. If I was exclusively a wedding photographer I'd be all over their paid plans. But since I am a portrait photographer as well, I choose to go with their free 'lite' plan. Which is amazing. Collecting reviews is so simple.

Liza, specifically, is AMAZING to work with. Her service is fantastic and she works with you as much or as little as you would prefer. I really enjoyed having her as my help in all things I needed.

dannya17
5/20/15

Samantha has shown us excellent customer service, which unfortunately is not very common these days! All of our emails were PROMPTLY replied to & our issue was taken care of right away. Thank you!!

taylorg23
5/15/15

I am using wedding wire for the website, budgeting, guest list and more. A representative reached out to me regarding a complimentary room block service that I decided to try out. I am very happy I did...It too off one of the many things on my already full plate and Amanda was a pleasure to work with. Highly recommend!

paulb176
4/21/15

We were finally talking into adversing with them and let me cut to the chase, waste of money. Their customer services is the worst, they are just pushy sales people. For a company that is so poorly run, they shire are hard-nosed about removing bogus reviews.

jaimez
4/10/15

I've been with WeddingWire for a few years, and I've found them to be
the very best Wedding & Event leads site out there. I've gotten a
number of jobs though them. There customer service is top notch,
their site is user-friendly, and they are always evolving and improving,
so as to consistently deliver the very best results for their clients.
They are very "Hands On" with their clients, always willing to work
with them to improve their business. On a personal note, my
interaction with my customer service rep...Kim has been absolutely
delightful. Kim is extremely caring, responsive, and innovative in
working with people to help and improve their business through
WeddingWire.

Sincerely,

Jaime Ziadie
Z-BOP Unlimited

geanal
4/9/15

This is such a great wedding tool! Everything you need in one place! The websites are beautiful, easy to set up and have a lot of very robust features. An absolute MUST have for anyone planning a wedding! Thanks Wedding Wire!

brianl50
4/5/15

This site will allow competing vendors, and non-users to write negative reviews of its online customers, and then when challenged it will not remove the negative reviews.
The Reviews should only be from members who actually have used one of its vendors, and not a competing vendor.

clevelands21
3/31/15

It will help me with a upcoming wedding. I direct weddings. I think this says it all! What else do you want me to say!

sueo1
3/3/15

I get most of my leads from WeddingWire, and I also get support for making my business successful. When I have questions, they are answered quickly and respectfully. WeddingWire has on-line educational seminars which help me improve my efficiency and grow my business.

abbyp1
2/26/15

With WeddingWire, building a wedding website has been great. The site is very straight forward, easy to use, and has great designs options. I really appreciate the feature of finding hotels and airfares. We have guests traveling from across the country to attend our wedding and this will give them a chance to find a nice place to stay and airfare. Thank you to you and the WeddingWire team for building such a great site for Brides.

carlac15
2/21/15

My daughter thought she found a legit Cosmetologist and Makeup Artist from this website only to find out Beauty by Camille is a fraud. She doesn't event hold a license to practice in the state of Illinois! My daughter hired Camille to do air-brush makeup and hair for her wedding after finding her via the five star reviews on weddingwire. Several girls in the wedding party went to her supposed shop on a Sunday prior to the wedding, which was closed by the way (red light?), and she did a fine enough job that my daughter hired her. However, at the wedding Camille brought someone else to do the makeup who did NOT use an airbrush. The makeup looked caked on! Camille gave us a lame excuse the airbrush broke. She was also an hour late, making the future bride a nervous wreck b/c her makeup was done last! Camille's partner frantically collected the cash as soon as the makeup was done as if she feared we wouldn't want to pay her! She is now under investigation by several agencies such as the IRS (because she only accepts ca$h) & the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation just to mention a few. She had been taken off several wedding sites because we submitted an honest review they actually investigated unlike weddingwire. Save yourself the heartache and pay the extra $$$ and find someone who is not an IMPOSTER. Your wedding day is too special! God bless. And shame on WEDDING.WIRE for allowing this scammer!

Tip for consumers: Don't be fooled into just reading the 5 stars reviews! This site doesn't allow the honest reviews if the vender disputes them even if the vender doesn't have a legit license to operate.

susank42
2/4/15

We joined Wedding Wire approximately a year ago, and four months later chose to increase our membership to Featured and we immediately saw an uptick in calls through Wedding Wire. We're very pleased with our membership and plan to continue.

Tip for consumers: Add Reviews!

michaelc145
1/27/15

I've been a part of the Wedding Wire family for about five years now and my satisfaction could not be higher. I've received a great return on my investment. The ease of collecting reviews and the ease for brides to find those reviews I believe is key to the success I've found through my Wedding Wire storefront. I boast about Wedding Wire to every vendor I work with. The success I have with WW has allowed me to cut back on every other advertising I used to do which is great for my bottom line, though not great for the other companies. Last year nearly 25% of all my contracts signed came through Wedding Wire, with the rest mostly from referrals and catering halls where I am the house officiate.

bene319
1/27/15

*** This is NOT a review from a bride's perspective, but a vendor's.

I'm writing this review as it pertains to **, at Wedding Wire, who works with incoming vendors. This case in particular, he dealt with me, a Minneapolis videographer who had signed on to the site on a whim.

** at first was courteous and seemed eager to help, but this of course turned slowly but surely into a sales pitch, which turned into a sales drive, and upon declining his repeated requests to fork over some $300+ per month to sign up as a premium vendor on the front page of the site, he snidely suggested that I "would rather stay at the bottom of the page and not get noticed," and upon saying goodbye, he was sorry to see that "I don't want to grow my business."

I would never, ever, ever, EVER recommend this site. It's horrible customer service, combined with a desire only to make money, not to actually HELP people, makes this website ineffective, and vendors especially should avoid this website at all costs.

**[personal info redacted by admin]

Tip for consumers: Awful, rude, and greedy customer service. Just awful.

bobo21
1/27/15

notice all the 5 star ratings are completely politically correct and are self generated~!! they have people actually post fake reviews~!! look at all the negative ones~!!! what a huge scam~!!!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: you will have better results throwing dust in the wind to land on a client

finert
1/26/15

Undeveloped website. Vendors, be aware!

Tip for consumers: Would not recommend to vendors. They make you commit tor a long term with no obligations from their side.

todp10
1/21/15

Just want to say Thanks to the Wedding Wire staff for all they do to promote business of wedding pros both paid and non paid services. Our clients LOVE Wedding Wire over the other wedding sites. Comment we hear are, easy to navigate, valuable info, and very helpful. Thanks so much for the rating system for the awards too!

marieannes
1/10/15

Having Mike be my go to person for all my wedding wire listing needs has been nothing short of the best. He is prompt with his responses to my inquiries...incredibly knowledgeable about all aspects of my listing..calm, patient and willing to help me navigate the wedding wire site and many of the social medial platforms that I am not very familiar with. As a business owner...customer service is a very big priority for me when interacting with my clients...something I make a very big priority of being the best I can be. Therefore when I have the good fortune to interact with an individual who offers the same level of service...I am always so pleased. Wedding Wire is lucky to have Mike on their team...and I certainly hope he is acknowledged for the quality level of his work.
Marieanne Souza
Flawless Cosmetic Design

karenl56
1/7/15

Wedding Wire is a cutting edge resource for engaged couples and vendors. It is an invaluable resource for our wedding business. Great reviews are crucial in a competitive wedding market. The fact that reviews can be found on the TOP wedding site gives couples the confidence and trust that they are looking for. We will continue to be a part of WeddingWire for a very long time!

rose-annc
1/5/15

Officiating at weddings is my passion. I love being in this line of work from the planning stages with each couple, to the rehearsal, to the actual ceremony on the wedding day. Being a part of WeddingWire has helped me develop my individual style and build the confidence to interview couples, meet with them and help them design their unique ceremonies. I have been with WeddingWire for three years and have watched my practice grow from three weddings the first year to twenty two wedding ceremonies this past year. This has been a successful partnership for me with guidance and friendly advice available every step of the way.

Tip for consumers: The site is easy to use and step by step instruction is available in many forms. I have spoken with representatives on the phone, used the "Walk me through" option on site, and communicated through e-mail. You never have to feel like you are alone. It's great!

christinat12
1/5/15

So disappointed in wedding wire. I am a vendor and was talked into a monthly package that would supposing to bring me tons of incremental business ( as stated by the customer service woman, francesca) I was sweet talked into spending this money and I have not gotten A SINGLE client in the past 6 months. I am paying 75.00 a month for a glorified billing system.
I use another site Thumbtack, which has gotten me customers and I do highly recommend. I wish I could put the 75.00 a month towards Thumbtack because I would at least see a return.

Tip for consumers: Vendors BEWARE THIS IS A RIP OFF!!!

katherinev1
1/2/15

Beware the vendors who come here to bash Weddingwire because Weddingwire Is honest with their review process.

I hired an officiant, had a HORRIBLE experience with her. HORRIBLE. And now she is bashing Weddingwire, accusing them of being racist (my husband is in a minority group.) Whenever a client gives an honest review of how HORRIBLE she is, she reports the honest review as 'fraudulent'. Weddingwire contacted me, stating they were going to remove the review. I told them what happened. They kept the honest review up. THAT'S HOW THE REVIEW SYSTEM IS SUPPOSED TO WORK. YOU DO A HORRIBLE JOB, YOU GET A BAD REVIEW. Kudos to Weddingwire for allowing the truth to be reflected.

If you have a lousy experience with a vendor and Weddingwire wants to remove your honest bad review, stand up for yourself. The public needs to be warned!

Beware the officiant who commits libel and slanders their former clients online, they'll do the same to you.

Tip for consumers: Do your research of vendors in addition to Weddingwire. Look them up on Twitter, for example. You might discover you're dealing with a total button.

mavisp2
12/31/14

Weddingwire is a service located in Bethesda, Maryland and it is completely in favor of the bride and they actually buy these reviews with free services for their reviews. I have had two negative reviews posted there and they are both suspect. They were referred to from ** also known as ** who actually lives in Richmond, Virginia and he travels throughout the tri cities of Washington, D.C. These two referrals were sent to me and were last minute cheap brides who can't pay my fees. ** and ** (groom **) and ** both came from **. They were "desperate" and had both been dropped by their previous officiants. They both were hostile brides who gave me negative reviews. I never had a signed contract with either of them.

Weddingwire, Wedding Bee, The Wedding Channel et al, is the most adamant and most racist of all the wedding services. Use The Knot, or Eventective. Stay away from these desperate hogs of a service which charges you for breathing. You have to buy their leads and I certainly have not purchased one of them in my entire life!

Having officiated close to a thousand weddings in my life time, I won't worry about the ** and his gang of DESPERATE associates. Rated 50 out of 100! There were no signed contracts as I stated. I was just trying to do ** or **, a favor, which of course was appreciated. I just keep on having trouble with his referrals and I don't know why. I don't work for him. He just refers his spill overs to me. DON'T TAKE THE VENUE BRIDES WHO CAN'T PAY YOU $200! THAT IS THE CONTRACT POINT!

Weddingwire says they will not allow posts without contracts which neither of these bridezillas had. At least not with me.

Tip for consumers: I GIVE WEDDINGWIRE "ZERO" STARS! DON'T USE WEDDINGWIRE IF YOU WANT YOUR REPUTATION! QUESTION YOUR REFERRALS FROM OTHER OFFICIANTS!

anned8
12/30/14

This site is ridiculous and is set up completely in favor of vendors. I just received a notice that one of my reviews was being disputed. I couldn't understand why (it was a positive review!) and then I realized ALL of this vendor's reviews were being disputed. Before my review can be reinstated, Weddingwire is requesting a copy of my contract and/or receipt. This seems reasonable to weed out fake reviews, except that my wedding was FIVE YEARS AGO. Now seriously, who has time for this nonsense? I am not going to track down documentation that I don't have anymore (seriously, you'd have to be a hoarder or have OCD to keep track of that stuff for that length of time) just to keep up a review on this website. I am now irritated that I even wasted my time with them, and am only wasting it further with this review to warn future brides: stay clear of Weddingwire if you are in search of honest reviews. Any vendor could open a dispute for whatever reason and most people are not going to jump through these insane hoops to be heard, especially if a significant length of time has elapsed. I guarantee bad vendors will take advantage of this policy. Brides will just go to Yelp or some other review service, with less crazy written into their policies.

EDIT:

So here's an update: their policies are even crazier than the aforementioned. I emailed WeddingWire to ask what the deal was, and they responded that sometimes a vendor will dispute all reviews due to change in ownership. This didn't make any sense to me. After all, even if the owner changed, why would they dispute positive reviews? As it happened, my husband had to drop by the vendor in question to have a piece of my jewelry repaired this week, and asked them about their reviews on WeddingWire. The manager's account was extremely interesting. Apparently they used to purchase advertising on WeddingWire. When they started scaling back on advertising, they noticed reviews starting to be deleted. They asked WeddingWire about it, and the latter assured them that it was not their policy to remove reviews as a function of advertising buy-in. The vendor continued to scale back and eventually stopped purchasing advertising. Now ALL of their reviews are "in dispute." They haven't disputed anything--WeddingWire is using the deletion of reviews as an incentive/threat to maintain advertising revenue.

All that to say, it boils down to this for brides (and vendors):
1. Brides cannot trust WeddingWire, because shady vendors will just wait to dispute negative reviews after sufficient time has elapsed.
2. Brides must consider that vendors with the most feedback are most likely the ones paying WeddingWire for sufficient advertising. Technically, a good vendor should be able to get by on word-of-mouth, and shouldn't need to rely on a second-rate site like this to get hits.
3. Vendors must take into account advertising on WeddingWire, and whether it's worth it to them to keep paying to keep their reviews onsite.

What a scam! WeddingWire management should be ashamed of themselves. (But let's face it...I bet they aren't.)

Tip for consumers: Don't look here for balanced reviews (or waste your time writing one)! Negative reviews can be easily removed, and positive reviews are only kept up for vendors who are paying for advertising on the site.

brianc70
12/22/14

WeddingWire has helped get my name out there to people searching for musicians to play at their weddings. It has definitely helped me get wedding gigs since joining. Unlike some sites, they only charge a monthly fee and not a booking fee when you get hired. They provide informative tutorials, host local networking events, and are always very helpful and prompt with phone or email inquiries.

jeane102
12/17/14

Vendors beware. Wedding Wire is not a good place to advertise. After months of trying to get them to remove links to our closed business (all other advertisers did immediately with no question) they responded that we would have to get a court order! Unprofessional and impossible to work with!

Tip for consumers: Vendors, beware!

kennethc29
12/16/14

I have had several vendors with whom I have advertized. None, bar none. has been as effective for me in the Grater Miami area than Wedding Wire. In talking with others, they too, have found Wedding Wire gets them the most business. My calls to Wedding Wire has always been answered promptly and my area rep has always been top notch. And, by the way, my reviews are legit and are not written by me or fake. The Wedding Wire I know wouldn't allow that.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the WeddingWire staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: How can I look up a specific DJ from a weddingwire verndor who has hundreds of reviews for his entertainment company without having to read every review for every other DJ or service. Is there a search function to allow for this?
Answer
laurens101
A: You can do this on the main WeddingWire.com page! Click the drop-down menu next to the vendor categories and select 'Search by Business Name'.
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: Can't seem to search our names on normal search engines just the site itself and that bothers me because when someone looks us up on Google it says nothing that we have a wedding website and a registry all through WW. My account and website are on public view so I'm disappointed ... what can I do?!
7/7/15
Answer
laurens101
A: Unfortunately, we are unable to control which Wedding Website pages that Google decides to index. Your best course of action is to make sure that your profile settings are public and also that you make your website searchable. Once you do so, your guests will be able to search directly on WeddingWire for your website. Make sure that you add your fiance to your account as well, so that your website is searchable by both names!
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the WeddingWire staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

35 Photos for WeddingWire