US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

stephaniet20

We have only had good experiences with the WeddingWire customer service department! (in 32 reviews)

abbyp1

With WeddingWire, building a wedding website has been great. (in 20 reviews)

juliak

It has so many reviews of vendors, that I've started going there before going to yelp. (in 84 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

amyt62
5/25/16

I got an account and joined hoping to meet other brides and get advice. Instead I was bullied and harassed on anything I posted. Also, on the mian website, trying to find their faq/support was difficult.

Tip for consumers: DON'T!

joannep29
5/24/16

Had a fantastic experience with Emily.

Worked with a real live person LOL! She helped me resolve my problem fast. and effeciently. Problem solved! Thanks Emily.

jenessab
5/24/16

Seriously these so called brides are just completely nasty, i asked a simple enough question on there just today and they jumped down my throat. i got pissed and called them out on it and they tried to turn it around and make me sound like the $#*!y crazy one. I DON'T THINK SO! i hid the forum post since i apparently couldn't delete it and didn't bother to read any more of the comments. the woman on there are nothing more then internet trolls with to much time on their hands. i honestly think they must all be bratty little $#*!es who have probably grown up with a princess complex. Sorry honey bunch but i come from a place and a family that has high morals and talks to people with respect so long as i receive the same respect. i will not be using the forum on this site any longer, the only good thing it has to offer is the wedding count down!

judithj8
5/23/16

I've been officiating at wedding ceremony for over 25 years now. Referrals used to be word of mouth based on my reputation. Now everything is online. WeddingWire is the only site I'm listed on because that's where the couples I want to work with are going looking for an officiant. I have had the good fortune to work with Mike Dillon there who is always patient, knowledgeable and accessible. He checks in from time to time and responds immediately to my calls to educate me about how to use the site and its great business management and communications tools. Thanks Mike!

il1474
5/22/16

Weddingwire.com is generally the most manipulative and the most expensive wedding advertising company at all. Descriptions of their reviews make no sense. For being competitive and friendly they offer only 3 starts on their review form. Ridiculous !!! I believe 3 starts deserve only unfriendly and careless service providers.
My customer were extremely pleased and happy with my work, but, eventually, I have got only 3 stars for being friendly ???? Of course, I am friendly. What should I be ?
Professionalism - is the experience, knowledge and quality, which I always provide.

The weddingwire.com is just a group of website builders. They know how to make a website, but they know nothing about nature of other businesses. Besides their monthly rates are extremely expensive compare to rates of all other advertising companies.

kellyk71
5/16/16

I was unable to get a file to upload on my storefront. I sent a message and attached the item, and they had it working the same day.

tiffanys57
5/16/16

There was just too much negativity and rudeness on the forum. You'd think since there are mainly brides writing and commenting that they'd be supportive and nice but no. Some are but mainly no. The app has great tools though.

carlr28
5/13/16

I really wasn't sure what to expect with advertising with WeddingWire. I've heard so many mixed reviews... some people say it doubled their business while others say they didn't get any leads. Obviously, being a frugal small business, I tried everything to market my business for free -- word of mouth, Craigslist, Instagram, etc. and I even paid for a bridal show to showcase my work and get couples interested but all did was waste time and talk to budget brides and couples who were contacting me for dates I already had booked. A friend who got married and used WeddingWire to plan their wedding and book her vendors suggested the site. After talking to a few people who said not to do it and others who swear by it, I took a leap of faith, inquired with a local rep, and paid for a front page spot. I've gotten a ton of inquiries and have been able to quickly respond to them over e-mail and my cell phone. Definitely a good investment because I'm not just paying for advertising... I'm paying for results.

mardiv
5/12/16

I find the planning tools very helpful but have been less than pleased with the open forum.

There seems to be a lot of negative comments and a few vendors that have run a muck with snarky comments.

There is a lot of "know it alls" that really know nothing. The demographic is for the 30 and under crowd and because of the ages of the members, their life experiences lead to very bad advise.

It's like a mean girl clique in high school.

constanzao1
5/7/16

I sign up with wedding wire after thousand calls and it was the worst mistake i didn't even get one inquire i get more for free membership for companies like Thumbtack or wedding Nook, every day and at least 5 orders fro them, the seller told me the contract was for 6 month now when i got the receipt purchase it said 12 months i called and let her to know i only wanted 6 month of membership she told me dont worry we have to write the receipt for only 12 months but is only 6 you can see in the receipt i was driving and trust her, now i have a 12 month membership and Vanessa Lanik for sure isn't there any more.please stay away from this website they are the worse!

katherineb28
5/6/16

Our experience at wedding wire world was wonderful. We enjoyed the speakers and variety of topics as well as connecting with others in the industry. Everyone was extremely helpful and we left with lots of great ideas. It would be nice to have a breakout session or 2 where we get to connect with others that are the same type -like other wedding venues for us. Also, the lighting was a little difficult in the main area sometimes and I think everyone should be able to sit at a table, not have to sit on the bleachers. Loved the Gaylord facility. Overall, it was a great experience.

nicoleg58
4/29/16

Website advertised as FREE Advertising for companies and businesses. The rep called after I signed up my make-up business and accused me of not wanting clients when I said I didn't want to spend over $5,000 a year in advertising. She argued with me for over a half hour and I finally just said "I'm done" and hung up. Don't use this website for your business.

candacej2
4/27/16

Man, they really get you. I have been doing events for 10 years, got roped in by awesome professional sales people. This is supposed to be on Brides Magazine as well and on the world wide web. WASTE OF MONEY not a single call and just when I realized 1 month later after $150.00 a month not even a single inquiry. Also notice all their featured businesses have very few reviews, say 2-4. It is plain it is this way because all the established businesses have dropped out after NO LEADS OR CALLS to make way for new victims.(aka new contracts) I really believed this would help. Even the positive reviews on this site seem over the top, like they are wedding wire employees. I really thought the fake inquiries accusation was a little crazy, but now I believe they are really doing these things. When they start doing the fake inquiries they have the person inquire about a day that they know you aren't available.(they see your scheduled events, clients don't) The second they took my money, they said an account manager would call me in 2 days, 3 weeks later no call from my "account manager" I make an inquiry via e-mail about the broken promise and vhwahllhaaa, a phone call. The account managers will blame you that your not setting up your account right and thus the reason for poor or no response, I am reading this and I believe it to be true. The account maintenance on this thing is insane and the way it is set up is all over the place. Unless you have someone to sit on their rear end on a computer all day to mess around, don't sign up. I have a business to run. Their sales men are TOP NOTCH you WILL get sucked in. I really felt so good about signing up and I am so wary of everyone. CROOKS CROOKS CROOKS I feel like a fool. BEWARE they charge everyone differently, They will talk to you for like an hour, like a vampire, get a feel for you, how gullible you are or how much revenue you make, then decide. I WENT TO A SMALL WEDDING FAIR AND 6 OUT OF THE 10 VENDORS GOT SUCKED IN TO WEDDDING WIRE ANDTHEY ALL REGRETTED IT!

heathers114
4/27/16

My husband and I recently upgraded to Wedding Wire's Spotlight option for our Wedding Photography. We are working with Keren and she has been absolutely Wonderful to work with! She is helpful and has had great suggestions on how to personalize our profile! We love being able to send brides and grooms to our Review Page so they can hear what other couples are saying about us! Thank you Wedding Wire for helping us grow our business! And Thank You Keren!! We Appreciate you so much!

brittneyb12
3/31/16

Kim with Wedding Wire is not only super friendly and approachable but makes it easy to communicate and ask questions. She definitely understands the client needs and I appreciated the updated information on changes they're making to improve WW. As a small business, we rely on Wedding Wire to increase our reach and be out there. We love it!

tracyg50
3/29/16

I can't tell you how glad I am that I decided to advertise on Wedding Wire. I stared in February and will pay $1,020 for the year with you guys. I have now over $1,600 in wedding bookings already. OMG! Thank you so much for being such a huge part of my success! Plus, I have $80 in credits for next year. Not to mention having my personal contact to email and help set up my WeddingWire site and use the awesome suite of tools they provide. If you want wedding business than Wedding Wire is your answer!

Tip for consumers: Don't hesitate - just do it!

sophies25
3/17/16

We added a professional listing with Wedding Wire a few months ago and have already seen increased traffic to our website and generated several strong leads. Excited to see the numbers continue to grow.

ashleyb132
3/8/16

Nate was so knowledgeable about all of the software capabilities and the overall function of the site. He was so kind and courteous, and answered all of my questions. Customer service at it's best!

joannem42
3/7/16

If you are trying to decide where you should put your advertising budget I would strongly suggest Wedding Wire. I am a sole practitioner and can use all the help I can get making this part of my business more efficient. Wedding Wire does just that. The technology on the site is amazing. I can easily ask for reviews (which results in discounts on my next renewal). These automatically feed into my Facebook page and also my website. Magic!
The webinars and marketing research data are so helpful keeping me up with the latest trends so I target my messages in the proper formats to get better results. Just recently Doug helped me with my inquiry responses...again showing me they have an interest in my success. The storefront is easy to customize..even for non-tech savvy people. I would vote them "Best of" every year!

aaronj21
3/4/16

Today, I received my conference call with Nate Patton. He was incredibly informative, and very articulate in describing what actions needed to be taken to gain ground for my business with the WeddingWire site. Thank you so much Nate for your support, and I look forward to working with you and WeddingWire in the future. Thanks!

jeddahv
3/1/16

Melanie, the Senior Customer Support Success Manager for Wedding Wire has always been the utmost professional in all the time that I have known her. She has always responded within minutes to my questions, is very skilled, has helped me update my storefront and offered invaluable advertising advise, all with an upbeat, patient and kind nature. She represents the heart of Wedding Wire in terms of valuing the customer support segment of their business. This says a lot, since often in many companies most of their energy is poured on the sales front. Wedding Wire has a dedicated advertiser in me. Nothing but great things to say for the entire company.

johnl310
2/27/16

In 24 hours I went from being a disgruntled customer to a very satisfied customer!

Please see the text of the reply email that I sent to Doug Peters at Weddingwire below,
for a better understanding of why I'm posting a review.

"Thanx Doug!! I definitely was more than a bit frustrated with the login issue and a bit underwhelmed by having to leave a voicemail in a general mailbox. Your response, followup and customer service were all excellent. Top-notch! Our whole business niche is geared to high-end weddings, mainly in the Newport RI market. I have no option but to excel at customer service or die. Customer service is almost a lost art nowadays. You are the exception and excel at it!"

I was really quite frustrated and was thinking of canceling my account with Weddingwire.
It didn't help that I couldn't get through to a human being and had to leave a voice message in a general company mailbox. Doug Peters called me back within an hour and after consulting his tech support, he called me back promptly at 9:00 AM the next morning and spent about twenty minutes on the phone with me, until we successfully resolved the
login issues. This was flatout excellent customer service.

We have become so accustomed to terrible or non-existent customer service, that I felt compelled to write in and acknowledge truly exemplary customer service. Big tip of the hat!

All my best,
Jay Lane
Golden Gate Studios
Cranston, Rhode Island.

bobbid2
2/24/16

Nice features but not worth the $ when you arent getting ANY real leads. So bogus.

I am looking forward to the excuses a rep comes up with after I threw away $1000 for a year of garbage. 4 months into my (obviously mistaken) commitment, I have had one consult and a bunch of false leads.

Invest your money elsewhere unless you can get page 1. Thats where the leads are. Circulating through pages 2 and 5 means NOTHING to me, or the people looking for a vendor unfortunately!

nicoled51
2/20/16

I took a lot away from the conference. I found the breakouts to be interactive and I really enjoyed the expo as a whole. Not many wedding professional get the opportunity to attend such a stellar conference and I am thankful to have been able to attend.
Meeting Monte Durham was a highlight as well as listening to all of the guest speakers speak and present. I am really looking forward to receiving the slides from the show so I can have these pointers on hand! Thank you.

bettyy5
2/19/16

Beware of buying into their spotlight and featured sections if you are a vendor. They provide you with misleading information to get you sign on, and it costs nearly 300 a month- and without having you sign anything, they hold you for a year.

The volume they tell you that you'll see is in reality significantly less. If you're a vendor, stick with the knot.

danb135
2/18/16

Just found out that weddingwire.com removes negative reviews. They removed our photographer review...because the photographer pays the site.

shelleyb16
2/18/16

This website will help put you out there on a larger scale!

User friendly, on trend, and showcases reviews.

nicolen17
2/18/16

Very well organized with time lines, flow, representatives, speakers and information. A must do!

aliciac28
2/15/16

WeddingWire has been great for growing our business as a wedding venue. We are new to weddings so being on a site that can get us in front of so many couples is really important. I spoke with Alex Mccormack on their support team during my time at WeddingWire World (A conference they put on), and he was extremely professional and helpful. We spoke for over an hour about improvements I could make to my advertisement and our personal website! Great customer service!

caitlynr
2/12/16

WeddingWire has played a huge impact on our Wedding /Event Venue. As we not only receive the majority of our leads from this site but we also receive daily emails on hot topics in the Wedding Industry and how to better our personal WeddingWire Site. Being a new event venue in the area WeddingWire most certainly has helped get our name out there to future Brides and Couples getting married.

amyc88
2/11/16

I can not say enough good things about Wedding Wire. Everyone is committed and caring. If you have a question about anything, you call them up and they get you an answer right away. Sonny is great with all the educational webinars and my personal adviser Julie goes above and beyond. Also, number one perk, the bride's who contact us. Love the review tool too.

loris164
2/11/16

I get a tremendous amount of traffic from wedding wire. I get many bookings and it has been great for our business. I also really like their support team. They seem to really care about my business. Great suggestions of ways I can improve my store front. They don't try and sell me something new when I call with a question. They call me periodically simply to make sure I am on top of my listing. They are great and I highly recommend.

edt11
2/8/16

We contacted A-1 Enterprises of Bernardston, MA to provide a restroom trailer for our son's backyard wedding early last fall. (A-1 was recommended by our overall terrific contractor for the wedding -- Elegant Settings, of Keene, NH.) This was one of our best decisions among the many that have to be made to produce an outdoor event in New England! The "Queen Trailer" we contracted for arrived well before the time for which we needed it, it hooked up exactly the way A-1's excellent and helpful staff said it would, it was immaculate well beyond hopes and expectations, it was so well appointed, lit, and supplied, and it was picked up and taken away right on schedule. So many of our 120 guests commented on the rest room facilities and how unusual it was to have such clean, comfortable and roomy facilities at an outdoor event. Guests also enjoyed the many extra products available to them, provided by A-1 as part of their service. The cost for the Queen Trailer was quire reasonable and fit nicely into our overall budget for the wedding. Thanks to Sandy, Dan, and Terry for helping make our whole day a success. We highly recommend this company!

denised47
2/6/16

I have been listed as a preferred vendor with WeddingWire for several months and I am extremely happy with their services to help my business succeed. My Senior Customer Success Manager, Melanie DiGeorge, is extremely professional. She is always pleasant, contacts me when we make an appointment in a timely manner, and assists me with all my marketing questions and needs. She is extremely knowledgeable and I feel WeddingWire is definitely one of the premiere sites to drive business to wedding professionals.

veronicap11
2/4/16

Wedding Wire and the entire staff has helped my business tremendously. They have created such a reputable site for prospects who are shopping for great vendors for their private events.

tonitah
2/2/16

The website is fully of catty woman who make you feel like a moron for simply stating your opinion... I have had woman attack me verbally on this website...

ericw62
2/2/16

Rebecca, it is not often that I get the opportunity to thank a company for a job well done, but in the case of Wedding Wire it is richly deserved. You are my number one lead source 90% of the time when I ask a client "how did you find me." So whatever you're doing, keep doing it and thanks again for helping to bring me business. Your success has been my success and I have become one of the best in the officiant business thanks to you.

Rev. Eric Warn
Tacoma WA

wandab19
1/29/16

I have been with WeddingWire since 2013 but I wasn't getting the responses I was hoping for. Many other "Customer Success Associates" had reached out to address my concerns and were very nice. However, they all gave me the same advice ... "Get more reviews!" After the third person telling me that I grew very frustrated and decided that I was not going to renew my account. I knew I needed reviews, but to get reviews I needed to get bookings. To get bookings I needed reviews. And so the cycle went for over a year. Couples just weren't calling.

That's when Mike reached out to me. I explained my frustration and he took REAL action. He logged into my account and gave me specific suggestions on how to make my storefront more attractive. He provided real feedback on my verbage AND helped me rewrite some of it. Not only did he spend an entire hour on the phone that day, he followed up a few days later spending another hour with me improving and tweeting. Since then, we have had two additional phone calls and I feel much more positive about moving forward with WeddingWire.

I am optimistic that I will see an increase in my WeddingWire inquiries and it's thanks to Mike. He's the man!

beverlyw31
1/28/16

I have been with WeddingWire from the very beginning. I have watched my business grow right along with theirs. They have helped me with every part of this ever changing business and have forced me, kicking and screaming, to embrace technology. As a small business, we count on word of mouth to grow our business. WeddingWire's assistance in review collection is the best way to spread that word to our bridal market. Those reviews help more than any other form of advertising that I have tried. I believe they have helped us become the success that we are today.

kristinw15
1/28/16

From a vendor point of view WeddingWire is super user friendly! It is easy to get your storefront set up and on top of that they have a Rep walk you through the process and give you suggestions! Great customer service! The site itself is great for this very online day in age and truly keeps up with what people are looking for right now!

michaelm371
1/27/16

I've been a vendor on WW for over 6 years and personally feel its commitment to vendors has rapidly declined every year. After seeing how WW promotes 6 other competitors immediately after a couple submits a request for my business, its clear this site is not for me. For my money, I've seen a much better ROI from The knot, wedding certified and adwords. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend this service and the recent wave of positive reviews do not appear real either.

joans57
1/23/16

Wedding wire is a very genuine and authentic place for a bride to share her real thoughts. Good or bad about her wedding Experience.

joannap11
1/21/16

I recently relocated and it is only the second year in the area as a wedding photographer. I had to completely re-build a client base; The first summer I shot 6 weddings, but with the help of WeddingWire I have doubles my clients, and it's still January. I'm so happy with how it has streamlined my marketing and brought new business. They are attentive and helpful in knowing how to get your business name out their and make your storefront attract more customers. It's been a great experience.

ericl72
1/21/16

Kim Knodt was extremely helpful in helping me navigate my templates WeddingWire. She also helped me construct an excellent introductory e-mail to potential clients.

jessical115
1/21/16

As a vendor (I'm a wedding photographer), I love all the features that WeddingWire provides so that I can really show potential couples what our business is all about. I found the support network to be amazing - they were willing to make monthly scheduled phone calls to help me get everything set up and running as smoothly as possible, and then check in to make sure that I was getting the results I wanted. I've rarely experienced this level of customer support anywhere, and definitely not with any other print or online directory I've been involved with. I know my couples also really appreciated being able to read reviews and get so much information about different vendors in their area, all in one easy to use, well-designed place. Would recommend WeddingWire for sure!

susanh150
1/21/16

Rebecca Hornick has been amazing. She is always so helpful, informative and ready to assist me at all times. She is blessed with wonderful people skills and is a joy to talk with and is a great Ambassador for Wedding Wire.
I would be lost with Rebecca's help and guidance
Susan Hyatt, The Wedding Lady

stellac7
1/20/16

Wedding Wire is and has been an amazing marketing tool for me as a senior starting a new wedding officiant business. My personal consultant, Taylor Wymer, is fabulous in every way imagiinable with regard to excellent and outstanding customer service. Not only is her turnaround response time off the charts she provides incredible expert hands on assistance. Top notch website for vendors as well as couples planning their weddings and/or special events. The best bang for your buck in the wedding industry bar none!!!

sarahp104
1/20/16

I'm in the middle of planning my wedding and thought this site would be helpful. After one post I realized it was mostly rude women that want to tell you how to plan your wedding and how stupid you are for not wanting to listen to them. They even posted catty memes on my post. I deleted my page after that.

peggyk6
1/15/16

I feel most couples think all "wedding" websites are the same...NOT! As with every coin there are two sides...in this case there is our lovely bridal couples and then there is us...the wedding professionals.
We too need TLC (no pun intended). Some of us need more help than others and we need a safe place to ask for that help & support. Danielle Solomon is my gal. Patience, kind, fun and supportive. She thoroughly looks for every way to maximize my vendor page so that in turn I can be my best for our couples. Everyone gets the ring and lives "Happily Ever After" at Weddingwire.
Huge thansk from Peggy @ Timeless Celebrations...AKA TLC

sthefanyp
1/14/16

I have been working with Wedding Wire for over three years and they are absolutely amazing. I have gotten referrals that I never would have gotten if it wasn't for them! I used to be just a wedding planner is South Florida, now because of Wedding Wire we are a one stop shop. We have everything from chairs and tables, to lighting and florists in house. They are the reason Happily Ever After have grown so much and become so popular in South Florida. I couldn't have made it without Allyson Gambarani, she is the sweetest person with the biggest pacience I have ever meet! I have reached out to her over dozens of times, and not at one time she was annoyed, hurried or bothered by my dumb questions. Since today I have two different listings, it gets kind of hard dealing with both and let me tell you, she goes over beyond for me, and I could not be more grateful for all the work and all the effort she has put in my company. I will be forever thankful for all her dedication and help, because I know for a fact without her, I wouldn't be here. So Thank you Allyson and of course Wedding Wire for creating such a successful tool that has grown my company and made it to something I only dreamed of having. YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!

8 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the WeddingWire staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question