US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Companies

67 Reviews for Watch33.com

Review Highlights

Very poor customer service and the reviews are scary.

I expected the watch to arrive the next day or the following at the latest.

i sent an email requesting an update on the watch and its delivery.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

8/22/11

Excellent site as far as presenting the goods, and very low prices.
They PROMISE there will be no extra charges.
That promise is a lie !!!
They tell nothing about delivery times ...... it took 10 weeks. Not impressing.
Appearently, by ticking of that you have read and understood their sales
conditions, you have given Watch33 the right to send the customs bill on to YOU!!
"NO hidden charges".......Shame on them !!
I really can not warn enough.....put your business elsewhere!

5/26/11

"Order Date: 21 October 2010"

Hi my name is Stefan from Italy. After 7 month I have still not received any watch or money refund.

First email from Watch33 04 November 2010:

- Dear Stefan,
- I have just been informed your chosen watch is currently unavailable. I
- apologise for this inconvenience and have instructed a full refund to be
- credited back to your purchasing card account.
- Kind Regards

- Anthony
- Watch33

I wrote on 1 December 2010:
> Best Anthony,
> I'm still waiting for my credited back...
> When I payed, you got the money immediately.
> I sent money on 21 of October only 42 days
> ago. So where are they?

Watch33 2 December 2010:
- Hi Stefan,
- Your refund is in the system and pending. Your crdit will be showing on
- your purchasing card account shortly.
- Kind Regards
- Anthony
- Watch33

This are the situation today 26 May 2011

Stefan

3/14/11

Hi.
My name is Rui Inácio, I'm from Portugal (so, please, forgive my English), and have the worst experience with watch33.
In August 2010, I ordered a watch (Seiko Velatura SPC049P1) to watch33. After my order was placed, I was informed by Mr. Anthony that the item was discontinued.
Still in August 2010, Mr. Anthony gave me the choice of choosing another model or a full refund. I chose then a full refund. And now, March 2011, 7 months later, I still don't have my money back.
No watch and no money!

1/25/11

ordered a Rado watch which took months to arrive although they took the money when it was ordered. Don't think you will get away without paying the import duty as the courier sends a bill for this months after receipt. The watch needed repairing so sent it back to them in original box and all packing etc at a cost of over £9. It was sent back to USA and received several weeks later in just a plastic bag! I have rang and e-mailed numerous times to try to get the box etc back and have got no where. I was also promised a refund on the postage but never received. I now cannot even get through on the phone as there is permanently an answerphone and if I leave a message they never return the call. I would not recommend this website to anyone. The customer service is appalling.

1/21/11

They are Thieves.... don't buy there. RThey take your money and never supply you with the watch. Additionally impossible to get the money back.

1/13/11

DO NOT USE THIS Site unless you want to have months of trying to get back
your money because WATCH 33 are unable to supply the watch you ordered.
The only way I got a refund in the end was through my Bank and the rules for
VISA. It still took me over 4 months.

1/13/11

DO NOT USE THIS Site unless you want to have months of trying to get back
your money because WATCH 33 are unable to supply the watch you ordered.
The only way I got a refund in the end was through my Bank and the rules for
VISA. It still took me over 4 months.

1/10/11

I should have visited this site before I placed an order in Nov 2010 for a Tag. After chasing them on several occasions I received an email advising they cannot source the watch and will issue a full refund within 3 days. Well over 3 weeks later no refund and no correspondence. Going by the reviews this is common practice and I will have to involve my credit card company. I am quite simply staggered this website has not been shut down by now. Any positive reviews are either EXTREMELY lucky or written by the company themselves. Watchdog is next for this company if they have not already been featured. AVOID like the plague.

12/22/10

The website really good, looks like a well organised business..........DON'T be FOOLED! what a load of bull, he Anthony should be called $#*! Turpin! robs you blind. I placed an order 21 November a watch for my father's 60th, having lost my mum 2nd Oct i thought this would be a great gift.... I cannot begin to tell you the upset watch33 has caused, I can't go and buy another watch as Anthony and watch33 have left me broke. this christmas is going to be difficult without my mum, even more so now as I'm unable to buy my dad a gift. I've be ringing watch33 for the last week 162 voice messages have been left begging Anthony to return my call 5 emails later and still nothing. I'm only 2 hours away from Newcastle so a car journey is going to take palce... PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! the saying If something seems too good to be true it normally is... IS THERE ANYONE WHO CAN HELP! IT'S NOW "" DECEMBER 2010. ALL I WANTED WAS TO GIVE MY DAD A WATCH!

12/10/10

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE GUYS!!

Ordered a Watch (which was showing as in stock) in August as a birthday present. After 1 week I emailed them asking about the status of the order, and received a reply saying that the watch was no longer in stock and that they no ETA on when they would get any more. They offered a different watch (with a discount) or a refund. As this was for a birthday I asked of a refund as I could purchase it elsewhere (albeit a bit more expensive).

I have yet to receive my refund even though it has been promised on several occasions.

I have currently taken out a county court judgement against watch33.com, which is progressing nicely. Take my advice DO NOT BUY FROM THESE CON MEN!!

12/8/10

I recently bought a Tag f1 Indy 500 from Watch33. Admitedly, it did take 3 weeks to arrive, having been imported from USA. However, after being assured ( by Anthony) that it would be dispatched on a certain date, I was able to track the watch on the FedEx site and followed it's progress from New York via Indianapollis, Gatwick, Carlisle then to my home address in Scotland. On arrival, my watch was well packaged with genuine Tag Heuer case and manual. There was no Tag warranty card with it but Watch33 did say in the advert that it is covered by their own guarantee. This is because they aren't registered Tag dealers. I have since taken the watch Watts watches of Switzerland in Edinburgh who confirmed it as the genuine article.
I'm very pleased with my purchase and saving of £250.

12/1/10

DO NOT USE!
Purchased a watch 3 weeks ago which said was available with delivery 5 days.
3 weeks on, no watch and cannot get a response from watch33 as to confirm when I will receive. Is also connected with QP Jewellers, XS Commerce.
NOT HAPPY. have taken up with credit card company now.

11/27/10

I ordered a Citizen Eco Drive Atomic watch from this site for £305. This was £150 less than the RRP and £100 cheaper than any other website. Delivery was stated as between 5 and 7 working days. I paid and when i chased after a week the delivery had increased to 4 weeks, I eventually received my watch a few days after the initial 4 week period. Although delivery was longer than anticipated their sales team where honest and helpful with the situation. Apart from the delivery time the price was extremely competitive and maybe if they mamange customers expections by stating a more reasonable delivery time they might have more satisfied customers. All in all though i'm very happy with my purchase and if i'm not in a rush for a watch in the future i would definitely use them again.

If youre patient with this website they will provide you a very competitive price.

11/21/10

this company is realy criminal. They offer a watch, sent a mail for the watch is in stock and can be delivered. i transfered the money and never see the watch or my money back. The send mails that they will revise my money in the next week for a whole year. Now i sent the whole case to the police and my lawyer. Take care of thes company and i hope the police will stop that play.

11/18/10

Take my advice and do not purchase anything from Watch33. I paid £825 for a TAG Aquaracer WAN2111 watch advertised on their site and after a week of chasing them their customer services man (Anthony) apologised and confirmed that they were not able to source the watch and offered me an alternative or a full refund. I went for the refund as the alternative was not to my liking. Six weeks has now passed and despite chasing them on a weekly basis, I have still not received my refund. I have lodged a formal dispute with my credit card company who are taking legal proceedings to recover the money. A load of aggravation and cost that I really could have done without.
So lessons learnt ;
1 - just because they advertise a watch doesn't mean that they have it or can source it
2 – even if they don't have the watch you want they will take your cash and not refund it
Avoid Watch33 at all costs.

11/15/10

I'm mad about this site.

I ordered a Tag Heuer one month ago, but canceled my order after reading all of your reviews.

30 days later, NO REFUND YET !!!

It's insane, what sort of professionals are Watch33.com ?

DO NOT EVER BUY TO WATCH33.COM !

11/14/10

Absolutely appalling. The website indicates 'communication' is possible. It is even suggested that it might be quicker using the phone rather than sending an email from the site. The phone is very rarely answered. I have tried many times and got through twice I think. Emails may or may not be responded to. Furthermore, no-quibble refund is indicated, and I have been trying to obtain a refund for two months now, with no success. In fact, it's not a refund since I never received or returned a watch. The watch I paid for simply was not arriving, so I rang after two weeks, and there was no arrival date in sight, so we agreed to cancel the order. My credit card payment was nevertheless taken and, two months later, I am still waiting for it to appear on my account. I did receive an email four weeks ago saying the refund would arrive 'next week'. It certainly did not arrive and still has not done. I have contacted Trading Standards about the misleading website and the quality of business conducted by this company.

10/24/10

Avoid at all costs. No watch, 3 months of hassle and e mails, credit card company invollved to get refund. AVOID AT ALL COST.

10/20/10

DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE - THE LYING THIEVING B****RDS WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AS SOON AS YOU PLACE AN ORDER WHETHER THEY HAVE THE GOODS IN STOCK OR NOT. THE GOODS WILL TAKE MORE THEN 6 WEEKS TO GET IN AND THEN IF YOU CANCEL YOUR ORDER THEY WILL NEVER REFUND YOU OR CONTACT YOU BACK REGARDING THEIR THEFT OF YOUR MONEY. I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH, DO NOT USE THIS SITE

10/8/10

I would not recommend anyone to use this site.
I ordered and paid for two citizen watches on August 24th and this site was not able to deliver. I waited for almost a month and no delivery dispatched despite many promises. As one of the watches was intended as a birthday gift I had to cancel the order and request a refund. I am still waiting for my refund. Initially they told me that they needed an additional 30 days to process a refund and now they are not even responding to e-mails. I don't think this is a serious business.

9/20/10

This site is a complete joke. Never have I had the misfortune to have been treated so badly. I ahve just cancelled my order with this company after waiting more than 8 weeks for a watch. I ordered the watch for a birthday present. Complete disaster, after 8 weeks I was still being fobbed off by S@*! excuses.
Do not be lured by the discounted prices and the professionally designed website. This is a joke from top to bottom.
I never bother normally with writing reviews unless I have to. On this occasion I was driven by pure anger and frustration. I urge you to stay clear of this site. Or risk it at your peril, we can't all be wrong!

9/14/10

I recently (14.08) placed an order with watch33.com for a watch priced £109 plus £9.95 delivery.The watch was AVAILABLE at the time of purchase.According to them "Our usual turnaround time is 5 to 7 business days, although some items may take slightly longer as certain watches do need to be ordered in on demand due to frequent changes in stock levels and model availability. We state availability time clearly next to each product."After 11 days of not even hearing back from them for a tracking number (again according to them):"All orders are trackable. In addition to your confirmation e-mail and receipt, when your order has been dispatched our system will send you automatic tracking notification via e-mail." i sent an email requesting an update on the watch and its delivery. the response I got was:

Your item is scheduled for delivery on 3.9.10.

After receiving this email I was frustrated as the watch was a gift and the delivery date was not acceptable by me since the item had immediate availability and it should arrive before the 3rd of September. Thus I sent a complaint email requesting at least for the delivery charge to be returned. The answer again was disappointing:

I am sorry for this delay your item is being dispatched as a matter of
urgency. Unfortunately this item can not be discounted any further.

So I decided to wait it out until the 3rd of September. Of course, the item was not delivered and I contacted them yet again but this time they only replied on the 6th saying:

Your watch will be with you this week. You will receive a Fedex tracking email on Wednesday evening, 8.9.10.

Apparently, they had no problem taking the money from my credit card on the 14th of August but they did not bother to place the order and they kept feeding me lies. On the 8th I got the email from Fedex stating that the shipment information was only sent to Fedex ON THE 8TH! and that the expected delivery date is the 14th of September! (ONE MONTH AFTER I PLACED THE ORDER). I got a call today from FEDEX saying the watch arrived but I needed to pay around £30 import duties as it was sent from the US. However in their T&C's they state: "All prices on WATCH33.com are final. There are no hidden costs on our site. Where items are dispatched from one of our locations outside the EU, WATCH33.com will cover all duty and taxes prior to shipment. At no point will any of these charges have to be covered by the customer. This policy took effect as of 19th May 2010." Of course I sent them another email and of course I am still waiting for a reply. NEVER USE THIS WEBSITE unless you don't mind waiting a whole month for delivery, getting rubbish customer service (they also never answer the phone) and paying hidden costs when the item finally arrives. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

9/11/10

I have to say I have read many reviews of Watch 33 on this site that appear to be of a negative ilk, however my experience with Watch 33 was exceptional. Anthony handled my queries promptly, was open and honest in answering all of my questions including the time of which it would take for my watch to arrive. It was shipped from the U.S, it took a little over a week to get to the UK and 1 month on, I am delighted to say as per Watch 33's commitment that there are no hidden charges, I have not received any form of duty bill from Fedex. Looks like Watch 33 have listened to the feedback posted and made changes for the better! I got an amazing watch, at a great price, with great service...... thanks Anthony and Watch 33.

9/7/10

I have placed an order on the 31st Aug, the money was taken on the same day. I was expecting to receive the item at least within 3 days or at least a dispatch confirmation email. It is 7th Sept, I still haven't received anything from watch33. It went straight to the voice mail after calling. I don't know what's gonna happen especially afer reading the views. Well, DON'T buy anything from this site, it is not worth for the stress..

8/2/10

Tried to buy a watch for someone's birthday present. The website said it was in stock, but it actually wasn't. I was let down and was pretty disapointed.

7/21/10

I have just spoken to Anthony from customer services and have been promised a refund which will take 2-5days. The order i placed did not arrive at all and is not going too seeing as it was needed for this saturday. I've raised a report with trading standards (who already know of these people), my bank have registered a fraudulant claim and the police have been informed. PLEASE PLEASE AVOID!! Its not worth the hastle of chasing up, pleading for a refund and no sign of any goods.

7/1/10

Awful company.

- Failed to process my initial payment and yet didn't notify me
- They took 8 weeks to deliver my watch instead of the claimed 2-3 weeks
- I had to chase every step of the way for status updates
- To compensate for the delay they refunded the delivery cost (just £16!)
- They only mentioned you had to pay VAT in their terms and conditions, yet they claim "no hidden charges"!
- Very difficult to get hold of on the phone

STAY WELL AWAY!

6/14/10

Ordered a watch 13 May, money taken from my account immediately. Delivery promised in 1-2 weeks. Heard nothing so emailed after 2 weeks. Email response promising delivery the following week. Now, 3 weeks later, no watch and not responding to emails nor answering the telephone.
Avoid like the plague!!!

6/9/10

My experience is that you cannot rely on these people to keep to the statements made on their web site. I ordered a Movado watch from them on 30 April 2010. Their web site home page and the item page both clearly promise UK shipping and No Hidden Costs. After chasing, it eventually arrived on 26 May 2010. Without my knowledge or consent watch33 decided to ship the watch from the USA. As a result I received a demand from FedEx for VAT and a Clearance Charge. Despite the current Terms & Conditions clearly stating that all goods will be dispatched from the UK and that "Tax Charges - All prices on watch33.com are final. There are no hidden cost on our site." watch33 have so far refused to pay the VAT and Clearance charge. They say that their Terms & Conditions used to be diferent to the ones i've printed off. Even if it was just the main pages that were misleading I would never deal with them again. Any possible saving is not worth this risk.

5/25/10

Delays in shipping, had to be reminded several times before shipped my order even though took money from my account. and uses bad business practice is not upfront about vat / duty / fedex admin charges on the order confirmation , it should have done so if it claims to be a fair and upfront company. Also I suggest that buyers do not accept fedex charges as FEdex should have referred to buyer for authority before clearing goods at customs - in reality if all customers were contacted then it is likely that fedex would not have been able to deliver, the stuff would have been sent back to the seller and the customer would be entitled to a full refund.

5/25/10

Using this website was an absolute waste of time and money. I ordered a watch 3 weeks ago and was told it would be dispatched that day and delievered in two working days. I have still not recieved it! I have been told more than six times that it will be dispatched that day but as yet it has still not been dispatched. I have been speaking to Jenny who seams helpful enough but it is all talk. After every conversation I am promised an e-mail or call back but it is always me making contact. Once I have recieved by watch or money back I will not use this company and would advise others of the same!

5/1/10

I honestly have not come across a worse website than this - I will never ever be using this website again.

At first glance it looks really good value for money but then weeks later you get a fairly large bill through the post from FedEx and you realise that it has been shipped from abroad. It does say this in the smallprint but it is not clear whilst ordering.

So I ordered my watch and I was told it was garunteed to arrive in less than 3 weeks. 3 weeks come and go and so I email, I get told it will be here in a few days. Four emails later and five weeks after I have ordered, the watch finally started on its way from America.

I would not have minded if I was told that the watch was going to be late, it is the fact that they kept fobbing me off assuring me me it was going to be here in a couple of days. As it happens it came far too late for the birthday of the person it was intended for.

In all fairness after I received the FedEx bill I wrote and complained about the very poor service and the charge, and they gave me a small amount of money towards the FedEx bill. However, I do not think that this makes up for the service I received. I will not be using this website again.

Stay away from this site!

4/14/10

Ok; for some of you that will read the following reviews afteer this one will probably draw a negative conclusion based on the reviews alone.
People; Watch33.com are a legitimate business and they offer hard to find watches at a good price. They are able to do this by acting as on behalf of the customer and importing timepieces from the states.
My first and last piece of advice is READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS!!
It is quite clear and if you are looking for a hard to find timepiece at a good price I highly reccomend these guys. I ordered a non UK spec stainless steel Citizen eco-zilla and it arrived at my home address in nine days (that includes a weekend too!) with all of the correct paperwork and marques.
The fedex service is highly efficient and if you have any questions then just email watch33.com and they will reply!

Best of luck to these guys, they provided a good service and an excellent timepiece to a happy customer!

3/22/10

Well when i went on to Watch33 and brought an armarni watch that was £40.00 cheaper than the one i like in selfridges i was over the moon! so i pIaced my order already checking on the bottom of the page that it was a UK registered company etc as i have been hit by customs before when buying from overseas so i knew what the procedure was already and didnt want to experience this again! the order was placed and the money was taken from my account straight away, 1 week went by no emails to say the watch had been dispatched and no watch! so i email watch33 who came bac to me straight away, and told me the watch was now in stock and was due to be shipped (so why take my money if the watch wasnt in stock in the first place!!) then another week passed no watch and no email!. so i sent a further 3 emails and the same lady replied apologising and said that the watch was defo going out tonight and fed ex would email me to confirm this, 3 days later after starting to think i wasnt going to see this watch i had a phone call from fedex telling me that they had tried to deliver a parcel from america but no one was in. I thought america? i havent brought anything from there, or so i thought! i mean how ace is this you buy from a UK registered UK VAT registed company and the watch is delivered from the USA!!!??? then to add to my great week the Fedex invoice dropped through my door! i argued with watch33 and they never responsed (no suprise there!) and Fedex explained that i was liable regardles for the £40.00 tax charge!! i mean what a load of $#*!e Watch33 are, its all right having terms and conditions but where are they when placing your order? does it show you these?, does it direct you to these or even tell you that you agree to them!? NO is the answer! I defo will not be using watch33 again and will make sure other people learn from my experience! Dont get stung by watch33 you might aswell buy from the uk by the time you add all the charges to the price let me tell ya!!

3/10/10

I wish I have done my homework and searched the Net for reviews of Watch33.com site before committing to the purchase from them. Well, hope other people will be smarter and take a lesson from my experience with this company.

If you decide to buy something from this guys, please do read their terms and conditions very carefully. First of all, they are NOT an authorised dealer/retailer of any of the watch brands they are selling. Therefore, if you buy from them, you will NOT benefit from a manufacturer's warranty, but will have to rely on Watch33's own guarantee, which will last for only as long as this company is in business, which I suspect is not going to be very long...

Second, the price you are paying to Watch33 is NOT the final price of your purchase. Expect a separate bill for the UK VAT (currently @17.5% of the item's customs value) plus a small documentation charge (c. £10), which will arrive from a carrier few days after you had received your watch. By Watch33 terms and conditions, you are an official importer of the item they sell and therefore you, not them, are liable for customs clearance of your purchase. Interestingly and frustratingly, you would have to pay this charge even if your purchase is faulty and you return it back to Watch33.

And here is my story. I placed my order for the Citizen watch with Watch33.com on February 11. According to the website, the item was in stock. My credit card was charged on the same day. On February 26, after 3 phone calls to the seller, the watch had arrived missing a birthday for which it was a gift. In addition, the watch turned out to be faulty and I had to send it to Watch33, to their address in Newcastle.
Initially, they refused to acknowledge the defect. Then, few days later I received a phone call from them informing me that the problem had been fixed and I can get my watch back. By that time, my intention was to cancel the purchase and ask for a refund, which I did. In response I was told that since there was nothing wrong with watch, the company would charge me a re-stocking fee of £40.
On the same day a bill for £36 from FedEx had arrived. Having spoken to FedEx, I realised that I would have to pay VAT and admin fees regardless of the fact that I had sent the watch back, unless Watch33 gets in touch with FedEx and confirms whereabouts of the watch.
I called Watch33 asking them if they would help me to deal with this matter. The answer was NO because "you agreed to our terms and conditions when placing your order". Then I pointed out that all I needed was a proof that they sent the watch back to the US, but I was told that it wasn't their intention to do that and that they would re-sell the watch in the UK.
At this point I realised that it would be simply too expensive to pay the FedEx fee and the restocking fee just to cancel the trade and I asked Watch33 to send the watch back to me if indeed it was in an working order now as they claimed. This was less than 24 hours after I requested a refund. Guess what happened then? – I was told that the watch had already been sent back to the US (but I still cannot have a proof of that) and that the refund was issued to me a day before. Needless to say that there is not a sign of a refund on my credit card as of now (24 hours later).
While I am pretty sure that eventually I will get at least a portion of my money back, I will have ended up without a watch and without £76. Watch33, on the other hand, has already made £40 profit from this trade and has a watch that had been custom cleared for them by myself... Quite profitable business, don't you think?

3/3/10

I ordered a Tag tag heuer watch on the 7th January, as at the 3rd March I have not received delivery. I have had replies from Jenny at watch 33 saying the watch will be despatched in the next days but has never happened, the snow has also been used as a delay. I have now asked for a final delivery date or an immediate refund but reading the above reviews I can tell I am going to have to chase for this. My only advice at the moment is to stay away from this site

2/17/10

I suggest you look elsewhere to purchase a watch.

Watch showing as 'in stock' on the website and also confirmed by calling them and asking directly. Two weeks later no watch.

They respond to emails regarding an update on when it is likely to be delivered but will never directly say when, other than the generic '5-7 days, unless it's not in stock when it can take up to 21 days'. Do bare in mind that I called to ask if it was in stock and ready to be delivered - the answer was 'yes'. So why is it taking so long ?

I've asked for an immediate refund but not had any response and my bank account is certainly not looking any healthier.

Worth noting that there are other review websites with remarks about watch33.com. One of them is quite amusing - one author has left many positive reviews although claiming each one was their 'first purchase from this company'; how many 'first purchases' can one have ?! This just goes to reinforce my suspicions about the reliability of the positive reviews that have been left.

In my opinion I would NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS STORE. Which is a shame really. I really like the watch but would now rather just have my money back !

Nick

Update - Thursday 18th Feb

I sent yet another email asking for a refund, Jenny from Watch33.com replied, apologised for the delay and said she will process the refund straight away.

I have started looking elsewhere for a watch (from a shop, not online !). Next time I will use my Barclaycard which provides some reassurance with online purchases.

Nick

Update - Monday 22nd Feb

Still no refund. I think this is clear proof of why you should avoid internet shopping.

Update - Tuesday 23rd Feb

I can now see that the refund has come through. That was a stressful experience and one that I hope I never have to go through again ! When passing over large amounts of money online - read reviews first !! I didn't and ended up with my confidence in online purchases quite rightfully damaged.

2/10/10

I purchased a watch from watch33 on the 2nd of Feb and received my watch on the 5th of Feb. The watch was spot on and so was the customer support. I would recomend watch33 to everyone who wants to buy a watch.

Steve

2/3/10

Email to Wattch33.com - Yet to get a reply !!

***REFUND PLEASE***

Dear Jenny

Without seeming unkind, you seem like a bunch of Charlatans ! I have not had a response to my email or any acknowledgement to my request of a refund. If I'd of known your customer relations was this dire I would of avoided you like the plague. The reality of your flashy website is no reflection on your delivery and to your relief the countless negative reviews about watch33 are only read by people like me - after you've taken my cash !

The purchase of an expensive watch is not a frequent occurrence. On this basis I doubt you give a care for your customer as the likelihood of returning won't be for some years. Smart work but surely you must get bored.

If you've bothered to read this far please will you confirm when I will have my money returned.

Corrina

02/02/2010 17:02
To
"WATCH33.com" <sales@watch33.com>
cc

Subject
Fw: CK01**********

Dear Jenny

The delay in despatch and lack of feasible explanation has made me doubt the reputability of watch33.com. Consequently, after a little on-line dirt digging I have decided I do not want to trade with watch33 and promptly ask for my money back.

I will refrain from posting anything myself on site jabber or the like as long as you guarantee an immediate refund.

Please acknowledge this email and advise when I will have all money refunded.

Regards

Corrina

UPDATE: 04.02.10

I feel really bad for having a rant and being abusive. A girl from Watch 33 called Jenny contated me explaining she was really up against it. She did promise a refund and said it'll show in my account 1-2 days.
I feel like a bit of a bully now but I still stand by what I say and would advise you to be aware of all the facts before going there.
I have since ordered my watch from Lingray (yet to get it) but on the face of things they seem legitimate.

1/18/10

The watch i ordered was displayed as in stock. But was then charged £25.00 import duty. Personally i or anyone i know would deal with these people again

12/19/09

BUYER BEWARE! BUYER BEWARE! THIS SITE IS A SCAM!
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SITE! THEY TOOK MY MONEY!

I ordered a Tag Heuer Grande Carrera (£3,565) on the 19th November 2009 as a gift for my partner. I DID NOT receive the product for which I placed the order, instead I recieved a blue and white "Baby-G" digital sports watch with an RRP of £59.99 leaving me over £3000 worse off!

At first I thought it was just a mistake due to demand coming up to Christmas, but when I called Watch33 and spoke to Matt i realised I had been conned. As you can imagine I felt violated by this as his response did not convince me that the matter would be resolved. Instead of offering to rectify the issue he accused me of "pulling a flanker" leavig me stranded with no savings left. When i thought the worst was over I recieved an invoice for import duty which was a further £479.98!! I now wish I approached a reputable dealer.

I have since sent a numer of e-mails asking for a full refund to which i was offered a "free" sample from their new range of sex toys. I was given a choice of a titanmen ass master or a turbo stroker masturbator kit for couples. I am totally outraged by this whole episode.

I have taken further action with regard to this appalling matter by contacting the financial ombudsman and trading standards, i have been informed that it could be a lengthy process in taking legal action against watch33. Our Christmas has been ruined, as has my partners birthday. THANKS WATCH33 FOR YOUR OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER RAPPOR.

DR J.Ronald LFHOM

12/11/09

I ordered a Tag Heuer watch with this company and I received it yesterday morning. I was thoroughly delighted with it and saved myself quite a lot of money. Its exactly as it is shown on the website and I would have no qualms about ordering from this company again. Good service and also prompt replies to my queries. Thank you Watch33 again.

Teejay

12/4/09

Nice to see that most of you got your watches. I wonder how positive you will be in 1-2 months time when you get landed with a bill from Fedex for VAT and duty. Which YOU are responsible for, even tough you bought from a UK website in pounds. Because unless you were very diligent and read all of the small print, you may not realise that many of these watches are shipped from the US and you are responsible for the import duty. Luckily I only bought a £100 watch, but was landed with £24 worth of tax. Negating any saving I had made compared to other sites. According to Fedex I am liable and despite phone calls and emails to watch33 I have heard nothing back. There's a limit to how much time I will spend fighting for £24 that I will probably never get back, but i dread to think of the people buying £4-5k watches. Speaking to Fedex today they informed me that they have had several issues with this company along the same lines and I hope they will blacklist watch33 so other couriers won't pick them up either. Yes - it's in the small print, but should be made very clear as you're buying that you will be responsible for the tax. I hope you get your bargain - but do watch out for that Fedex bill. I wouldn't touch these ever again!!!

12/3/09

BE CAREFULL WITH THE SMALLPRINT! They said watch was in stock and would deliver 2-5 days. I received it after 2 weeks and TAXES CHARGES of almost 50 GBP. The are saying it can be a "small fraction" of the full price, but it can be quite a lot.

12/2/09

I bought a watch from them and they said delivery estimate is 7 working days. Up till this moment, which is more than two weeks, I have not received my watch and my e-mail to them was only replied a few times and it was lies upon lies that i got. for example: we have contacted the warehouse and It should ship today and you will recieve it in two days, (ii) it was due to a day holiday in the US etc. they are actually bad and I will advise people who brave to order from them to be prepare for the worst if it does happen. They need to implement Six Sigma into this company!

This is an update ....... The people behind watch33 are frauds. I have just gotten an invoice from fedex asking me to pay import duties which is very expensive and not a fraction of the price of the watch. So tell me, where is the savings watch33 promise its customers to get? Also, on their site, the watch i purchased is in stock in the UK so why should i be paying import duties when it should be the company paying that. After contacting fedex, I was told watch33 imported the watch on my behalf (the customer) and watch33 acted like a middleman. How fraudulent is that?

11/24/09

I ordered a watch from Watch33 and had great difficulty getting a response from them (no response to phone calls & emails) when my watch didn't arrive. Eventually watch did arrive but still no contact to apologise or explain the delay. I then wrote to the company and received a reply. Was very surprised to find that it was run by 2 very young men (22 & 24) with no support staff, and they had been in New York for a number of weeks & had neglected customer service.

One other point to be aware of - I assumed that stock was usually available in UK and if it had to be supplied from another country I would be advised. A few days after the watch arrived I received a Fedex invoice for import duty. Beware, the price quoted isn't necessarily the total price you will pay and you have no control over this.

Personally I would not buy from this company again. Good prices, good products, good web-site but very poor customer service and a lack of price transparency.

11/22/09

Could not have asked for a better experience. After reading the terms and conditions on the on line site i understood that the watches I was going to order was going to be authentic. I purchased the Tissot watch and had it authenticated by a reputable jeweler which said that the watch is 100% genuine got it £40 cheaper with the shipping and the VAT. Highly recommended

11/19/09

Very poor customer service and the reviews are scary.
Two and a half weeks later and the Rado has arrived. Fedex tracking is brilliant and it probably took so long because it came from the states - newark new york indianapolis were three of the stops.
Not sure if would use again and slightly worried about guarantee. The box is a bit battered and the model is probably discontinued.
But come Xmas day the wife will be delighted and I saved £600 sterling.
So if you want an expensive watch as cheap as you can get .. go for it.

Now I have received an Invoice from FedEx . I am not the importer so how am I liable? Surely this Invoice should go to watch33

I have just seen the small print. How stupid of me. In stock does not mean in the UK so the invoice from FedEx is £143 . I am sorry but this should have been said when placing the order and before taking payment.

My advice I am sorry to say is shop elsewhere. I am sorry too because these two guys are trying to make a business work but seem to forget that the customer matters and good service usually means they come back.

11/17/09

Anyone who has visited this website, On first impression it seems like a very genuine and professional site, About 2 and a half weeks ago I ordered a Marc Ecko watch from this website as they were cheaper than anyone else on the internet, A few days ago I hadnt received my watch so I went on the net 2 find some reviews on watch33 which led me to this site, Straight away I found negative reviews and was instantly suspicious, Searching a little more on Site jabber there was a reply from a guy who claimed to be the websites co owner,They insist they are a genuine company but have not been able to keep up with orders, Anyway after reading that,I sent a msg on here to the company and they replied the next day (Saturday)sending me an email saying they were sorry my watch couldnt be delivered to them due to very high demand and a full refund has been issued. The money is in my account today which is(Tuesday) So I don't think this site is a scam, But with some watchs at almost 40k the guys at watch33 have to get there sh#t 2gether.

EXPERT
11/16/09

WATCH33 - Additional writing - Posted on Nov 19, 2009

I understand this writing may jeopardize my credibility. I place this my writing in front of an old review since SiteJabber does not allowe writing a fresh review from same account for a same web site, let me say this. I am not Watch33.com costumer and I did not have personal experience with their products offered or business practice.

I read or at least glance almost everything posted on Site Jabber. I have read the first mostly negative reviews and got more involved and started my research about Watch33.com after the post on SiteJabber written by Mr. Matt Silversides was removed and there was an array of positive posts afterwards. I started sending e-mails and on Nov 16, 2009 wrote a review about Watch33.com. After a while thru my Sitejabber account I received messages from Mr. Matt Silversides regarding my review and pointing to aspects and specifics of the online watch retail business that I did not know and probably will not fully understand since I am not in the business.

I would like to post them but it will be against the rule of the site

That what I said on Nov 16, 2009 is true and is based on information provided by watch manufacturers I have contacted, but then I realized that I was trying to "play god" and I am not. Mr. Sirverside's messages also made me start thinking of how little I know about the specifics of the on line watch and retail sale and resale. Off topic but relevant – People shop on e-Bay.

In the future I will make more research and read in full everything posted on a web site such as: waranties, terms and conditions ... if I decide to post a review.

************** Posted on Nov16, 2009 *************

Everyone who loves/hates or still follows watch33.com reviews.

In attempt to find more about watch33.com I looked the web sites of Swiss Army, Swatch Group, TAG Heuer, Tissot, Cartier and Omega. Some of the watch brands listed on watch33.com

I wrote e-mails to Swiss Army, Swatch Group, Tissot, Cartier and Omega with the question if the www.watch33.com is affiliated to them.

I browsed and compared randomly watches on display on watch33.com with these on the official factory web sites I visited.

Here are my findings so far:

1. Swiss Army – www.swissarmy.com/Pages/Home.aspx – I searched for the watches with factory numbers 24053, 24115, 24134 and 24141 which appear on the watch33.com list and found out that all of them are discontinued models. I also sent an e-mail to costumer service. The answer: watch33.com is not authorized Swiss Army watch dealer.

2. Swatch Group – www.Swatch.com - Sent an e-mail and representative of Swatch Group wrote me back that wtach33.com is not authorized dealer of their watch brands.

3. Other watch brands as a part of Swatch Group can be checked on http://www.swatchgroup.com and include Omega and Tissot.

4. Cartier - http://www.cartier.com/ - sent an e-mail and representative of Cartier wrote me back that wtach33.com is not authorized dealer of their watch brands and Cartier would not cover watches sold by them.

5. TAG Heuer – www.TAGHeuer.com - I could not locate watch33.com as a TAG.Heuer authorized dealer in the list provided by TAG Heuer web site then I called 1(866) 260 0460 costumer service telephone. The answer was TAG Heuer does not support watch33.com.

I wish the future reviews about watch33 to be positive. I wish good luck to Watch33 in getting under better spotlight and their strive for decent costumer service. Time heals everything and as the developers of this site have cited, negative reviews also help a good business from time to time.

The Best Jewelry Sites Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber