US Government's NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

amandaj23
8/16/14

Scammy website that offers fake certificates. If you get a certificate, it is useless and no business interviewer will accept them. I tried their certification and it was a complete waste of money and time. One interviewer even told me that if you mention about getting a W3Schools certificate that they will immediately reject your application. Also most of the information on their website is outdated or wrong.

Tip for consumers: Please STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCAM.

stevenr56
3/29/14

W3 schools is my favorite place to learn what web programming languages have to offer. Almost all of their docs (from HTML, jQuery, to Mysql) have an interactive 'example' to everything they document. I learn by experimentation, so this is perfect for me. I get to tweak their code to see what works and what doesn't before bringing it into my project.

psycheg
12/26/13

Good Learning website :) Specially for beginners :)

ano22
Veteran Reviewer
8/12/13

This is an awesome site and would recommend it to anyone.

I usually visit this site once a month and with the help of Bing or Google page ranking/indexing I find the reference I am looking for immediately or almost immediately. One of the features is to test code like html which give you the ability to see instant results which saves loading up Visual Studio straight away. As I have forgotten complex SQL statements it's an excellence resource tool rather than visiting the Microsoft KBase articles which never have any examples which I am seeking.

Once you've visited it for the first time you'll keep going back

alteri
6/4/13

Great Site for anyone who wishes to learn web design and development. Easy explanations of topics and lots of examples make it easy to learn any language you wish

xmanr
5/12/13

Great site good easy to learn tutorials

tabiek
5/10/13

This is a free source on computer language 101. It is ideal for BEGINNERS. They even provide pop quizzes to test out your knowledge!

chrisj34
Apprentice Reviewer
3/10/13

Do you like to learn web programming. As a web programmer, I think this is the main reference to learn it. There are lots of well defined examples which will help you enjoy web programming.

rons14
Apprentice Reviewer
7/2/11

I can tell you from experience that this is one of the best places to learn web programming. They have made it easy to learn buy giving you examples and also a place to try them out. I have taken many college level advanced programming classes and I would say that this website goes hand in hand with them. One of the best things is its free and you can teach yourself. They teach all the most common languages for web programming and do it in an easy to understand way. Just like anything else don't try to jump into PHP before you learn the basics like HTML or Java Scripting. The only reason I say that is that is that is the kind of thing that I have done in my life before I realized you have to start from the start. So give it a try and don't give up like any language it takes some time to learn in the begging but as you become more familiar with it, it becomes easy to build upon it.

tinar2
Veteran Reviewer
9/22/10

This is the most exhaustive reference for all things web development! It should be considering these are the guys who decide what the whole browser language should be and act like. If it were not for this great resource I would be left in the lurch for many a problem I have face in writing good code.

I hope they continue to progress with their schools program to educate more people in what is the language of more and more business these days. So if you are in the market for learning about all things web, then this is almost a one stop reference!

kevinr4
7/22/10

An awesome resource of learning for beginners who want to start from the basics of HTML, CSS, Javascript etc (these are the ones that were the most helpful for me, there are many more) and reach an advanced level.

Best of all, it is FREE- no basic trial thing-pay-them-then-the real deal. Highly recommended for all! Two thumbs up!

marions
EXPERT
2/22/10

Free is good. This web site offers a complete explanation and training for web developing. It is standards compliant and FREE! Did I mention it is FREE?!

chriso1
EXPERT
10/30/09

Fantastic learning resource. If you want to be a web creator rather than just a surfer, w3schools will teach you how. Coding, scripting, html, xml, javascript, flash, more or less every web discipline is here and everything is free.

Also a good place to get current OS, platform and browser usage statistics - when sites claim that this or that browser is becoming one of the most widely used, for example *cough chrome cough*.