US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

markr142

I called customer service, what an arrogant bunch of idiots... (in 12 reviews)

mehmetcank

The last 2 years they have fixed things so I no longer have any buffering issues. (in 5 reviews)

bobbid

You associate your debit or credit card with your account and that's where you are charged for purchases/rentals. (in 5 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

carlw49
2/5/16

I've tried to convert my DVD's so I can download them to my iPad. No success. I received the Big Bang Theory Season 8. Inside there was a reference code for a free on line copy. I entered the reference code and the site gave me the option to open it in my VUDU account. I opened VUDU, there it was, under the My TV tab with two options. But it for $34.95 or Redeem. I selected Redeem and entered the same reference number. VUDU then said the reference number wasn't valid. So, I have the DVD there, but can't open it. Time to give up!

jefff52
2/3/16

I been waiting from december 2015 for 5 dollar credit I should get for 4 weeks in a row ,its feb 2016 still nothing I purchase a vudu streaming device and lost my trust in you keep calling and vudu personal just keep on saying I have to wait , till then LOST MY BUSINESS.

johnc460
1/30/16

Not sure what all the fuss is about, When I want to see something vudu has it. Don't have to drive to red box site (that wastes time & costs $$s folks) and never had buffering issues which are probably caused by your ISP not vudu. Have used for years and will continue to.

shaunas5
1/28/16

Bought a roku stick & received VUDU credits from VUDU that don't work- when you enter the codes all say not valid or expired then VUDU wants a copy of the email they sent me and after I send it they cancel my complaint and never give me a code that works.

jimmyr31
1/28/16

Vudu support , or I should say "non support" is the worst. Eleven days have gone by and still no indication of when they will look at my issues that I reported

feliciaw19
1/23/16

I have purchased several movies through Vudu and every time I try to watch MY MOVIES I get "BUFFERING ISSUES." I can watch NETFLIX, FLIXSTER and other streaming channels and never have buffering issues! Any suggestions? I've had it!

davidj169
1/18/16

This experience (XBOX ONE) is utterly frustrating.
* Transaction failures
* Constantly drops connection (but internet is fine)
* App keeps dying and needs to be force shut and restarted
* UX is not up to current standards
* App gets sick if you watch more than 2hours. Needs to be killed and restarted.

I wish the team at WalMart would attend to this.. I can't recommend this until they address the issues.

jasonn38
1/17/16

Been a vudu subscriber for 8 years. Buffering issues are out of control. Read a LOT of poor reviews, yet server issues not resolved? Quit blaming our internet and make it right, enough is enough. I want my 8 years of money back

williamn32
1/3/16

Rented a movie on 1/1 and it continually was buffering despite VUDU speedtest which looked OK. Contacted support with no response. Tried again next day and movie stopped midway through because the 24 hr window expired. Second time this has happened. Done with VUDU.

jaylynnr
12/27/15

Was a loyal VUDU customer, and I will NEVER 0urchase anything from this company with the way I was treated. I was having troubleshooting issues with a bundle pack I purchased. I did the troubleshooting steps, and in fact my husband is also an engineer in IT, and helped with the process. Still, nothing worked. I called and instead had a incompetent desktop support agent have worthless answers. I then asked to speak to a manager or supervisor to see if I can either get a refund or even a simple $5 VUDU credit because of this issue,

I was put on hold for 7 minutes, and then the same incompetent desktop agent comes back on the line to relay the message of his supervisor, didn't I ask to speak to a supervisor? He then put me on hold again.

The supervisor Cathy then comes on the line. Has a horrible attitude problem. Sounded like she hated her job just by her tone. She spoke to me as if I was so stupid and treated me with disrespect. Could not even speak properly and she is a manager? She's horrible and never would I let her speak to any customers that way.

I hope the CEO of VUDU sees this and takes action for his crappy customer service staff,

lanayh
12/26/15

It took 4 hours to watch a 2 hour movie because it kept stopping and loading and loading and loading and buffering and buffering and freezing and saying I had no internet vudu is not responding error 16 then there was no picture with audio only then when I finally got it working the video and the audio didn't match up I had to put closed caption on it was an awful four hours I will never rent from them again I should have rented from YouTube will gone back to Netflix I never had a problem with them not even with a coupon or a promo code would I ever come back it is my first time and my last time vudu left me aggravated and frustrated I didn't even enjoyed the movie 4 hours long save your money go elsewhere

mossp
12/15/15

With all the 1080p titles available, I seldom watch movies from any other site. Cost is average, and delivery has always been excellent.

douglast6
11/29/15

Fraudulent charges to my account got my account suspended at no fault of mine. Kathy, manager in customer service was rude and unhelpful. 10 days have passed and still no follow up and the account remains suspended. Amazon and Flixter are waaaaaay better, stay away from vudu, it is peppered with ongoing problems. Slow buffering, unavailability when you want something. You're better off buying the dvd's thru ebay.
UPDATE: It took literally nearly a month to resolve this issue which I think is rediculous, but when I finally got to the right person, he solved it in just about 5 minutes. Why can't VUDU train their people to get THAT kind of help from someone who understands the value of a customer instead of putting loyal, paying customers through HE** in order to get things back on track. For the delays in correcting an obvious problem I give VUDU and F on overall customer service, expecially customer care manager, Kathy. As for the individual who fixed it all and chose to remain anonymous, KUDOS to that individual despite the unbelievable delays to get to that person and the offensive manner in which everyone but that final person acted on behalf of the VUDU customer care family.

petery20
11/20/15

VUDU absolutely sucks. The first problem I had with them was the Walking Dead episodes for season 5 would just stop playing and shut off. Contacted them about that and they basically didnt do $#*!. Then when I changed my bank account I went in, changed the payment card in my account and deleted the old card. What did VUDU do? They somehow charged the old deleted card and overdrew my empty about-to-be-closed account. When I asked for the overdraft fee back they basically told me to pound sand. In all I had 3 issues with VUDU in less than 6 months and they didnt do a damn thing about any of them.

es866
11/17/15

I have had them lose seasons of TV shows that I have had stored there. I have the original DVD's/Bluray's but not the pieces of paper with the codes. I was stupid and trusted that once the code was in the process was over. This first happened when they updated the website and I did call customer service. I found them to be arrogant and unhelpful as well. I dont use the site anymore and would never purchase a movie directly from them. I advise caution and to retain the original code slips.

markr142
11/4/15

UPDATE: I think the most important thing is that they have a monitor that says good or down on the front page, that inspires confidence in ones service.

I guess he did listen, I am one to update people when they fix things. They fixed it, but the service still lacks availability. They have issues that points to something with there system. I will continue to ping them until they fix there issues...

I am an Engineer, when I called the help desk with a problem, they couldn't fix it, so they made things up to justify and redirect the problem. I called customer service, what an arrogant bunch of idiots... Why do I say that because the customer service agent said he would get back to me, he never did. I look at the complaints. I can see why... I will not buy any more movies from these guys and look for something better... Customer Service is protecting and screens the calls... I would love to talk to somebody that knows something there but I haven't found it, they are so full of bullsh&t and when you logically reduce there story to rubble they start raising there voices and get aggressive with you, nice tactic, when I ask for a supervisor they get one of there buddies and I can tell you he's no supervisor, the words he uses and how he stubble's through the English Language yeah, I think not. If management is not watching the workers, which is clearly going on then I blame the CEO. I will explore other avenues...

johnh380
10/28/15

I have stored hundreds of movies on VUDU.COM and can watch them anytime. I assume my internet connection is fast and secure and that helps to stream HD movies without interruption. I can add my own movies to match for $1 or $2 each. The best part is I can watch them anywhere there is an internet connect and the VUDU app is installed like with a ROKU. ANd my family members can have access because there is free sharing with five people. It is a simple inexpensive movie provider.

georgef41
10/26/15

connectivity sucks constant buffering...but go to Netflix and everything is fine run speed test and network is performing well...so yep it's Vudu. Almost....makes Time Warner look good...actually considering Time warner is really scared of Google fiber in my area they have been bending over backwards. Vudu sucks can't say it enough.

alexandrad7
10/25/15

It worked for awhile and I purchased many shows and movies from them. Then one day it started not working by constantly buffering and asking me to switch to SD or HD (even though I paid full price for HDX). I contacted customer service through e-mail multiple times. They asked me to reset my router and do numerous other things. None worked. My internet is speed is steady and fine when I do speed tests and way beyond what is supposedly a "minimum requirement" for running HDX. I asked if I could get refunded for my purchases so that I could discontinue my account with them and they said that they will not refund anything. Terrible business and terrible ethics to charge people for a service that they can't use because of problems on the business's end. Will never buy from them again.

ranjanp2
10/16/15

It's worth using and getting movies on this--their preview mode is terrific!

byrons23
9/28/15

It is unthinkable, that they would force you to download into a sub par format, that skips and loses audio timing. You cannot escape the problems with what you have purchased whether over the internet or from your hard drive. Pathetic to say the least.

cassondriaw
9/26/15

Ordered 2 movies neither of them worked. My faught for buying the 2nd one without checking the first one. But it's really a let down when you spend money that you really don't have on something that doesn't work

zachp4
9/15/15

Great place to view online movies. Also has a good app for the ipad.

sandrae17
9/13/15

Vudu has a good selection of new release movies...and you're able to buy movies before they are released anywhere. BUT, who can buy every movie? AND they don't have captions. Even worse, it costs $5 to rent a movie in HDX...for only 24 hours. If they rented HDX for $3 for 48 hours, so it was more competitive with Redbox. I'd never rent from Redbox again. Vudu...you could put Redbox out of business. But, not at the moment.

timp39
9/10/15

Wow, reading the other reviews, I almost feel guilty.
I've never had a problem with the site. Maybe it's because I have Dish?? I don't know, but we've watched all of the Walking Dead, Once Upon a Time, The Following, Blacklist, ect, all with no issues at all. It seems I'm certainly the exception to the rule here! I've Always had problems with Hulu, never with Vudu. Go figure.
My only complaint is the sites UI. Really confusing, difficult to store the movies, and shows you want to watch. I put them in my "Wishlist," which seems to work. Well, anyway, I've not had a problem, so take it with a grain of salt if you wish. Good here.

debbied29
8/25/15

We couldn't watch in HD, it would time out or buffer. When I contacted customer service they suggested to power down the router, cable box etc. I told them not worth all the trouble Netflix works without any issues. Nice idea but needs better speed.

darnells6
8/7/15

Its good and all but.. when you go and purchase a dvd from the store that has the digital download, JUST BE WARNED, when you redeem the code for that one, you get SD. SD PERIOD sucks with vudu because its like the worst quality and its not because of your internet. its like stepping back into the 1990's. But if you invest 5 to 10 dollars more into the blu-ray, dvd, digital HD bundles, you redeem the code and you will be given either HD or HDX versions and they are so much better and the quality is exactly like your dvd!

again, its an ok service just not please with SD
and you are better off buying your own copy at the store and be happy with what ever version (depending on how much you invest for either SD or HD) and enjoy the free part of it.

i would never buy my movies just digital. You never know if digital programming movies will be around that long in life... just my opinion

Tip for consumers: Remember! Buy the hard copy from stores always!!

invest in 5 to 10 dollars more to get the Bluray, dvd, digital hd bundle to get the best quality from your free digital code

ek69
8/6/15

You're supposed to be able to take your blu rays to walmart to convert them to digital for your video library, however, walmart employees never heard of the service (even the corporate office who denied that walmart owns vudu!). Vudu said "just speak with the manager" of the walmart as they all offer it. What a joke - neither Vudu or Walmart can help me find a walmart within 100 miles that offers this service.

seans48
8/3/15

I really enjoy buying 20 dollar movies from this site only to have it stop working halfway through! Ibdo not know why I always keep trying Vudu its always the same thing. They take your money and you get your movie about 10 percent of the time. You're lucky if it does work and its fuzzy.

annk25
8/1/15

Great site that use in from my roku.
And prices are reasonable

hughh16
8/1/15

If you are looking for the most clunky, expensive, and under performing website for entertainment, look no further. Shills will laud its benefits on here, to dilute the complaints. Beware that Walmart has done an about face with this pile of crap of a website. Now, you can have the worst of Netflix, Amazon, or Hulu, for twice the price. If this bodes of the powers that be in Walmart who are running the business... they will be gone in about ten years. By the way, TUBEPLUS is free... tubeplus dot com that is... (use Adblocker if you use it) and tube plus gets ALL the TV shows and most of the movies offered on VUDU... for free. FREE!

wayneg15
7/31/15

I will never do business wih these folks again. I wanted to download a movie to watch on the airplane. Vudu came up as a vendor. So I purchased a movie, but it turned out, after purchase that they do streaming like everyone else. So I waited to watch at home on ROKU. But it was constantly buffering. Went all the way down to the lowest speed, and still couldn't watch the movie. The interesting piece is that I tested my Comcast speed at 22-MBS which apparent wasn't sufficient to watch at any speed/quality even though I have no problem with xfinity, Netflix and Amazon. As I started, I will never purchase from them again.

samanthac37
7/28/15

I just received a $10 free code to try it... The movie buffered no matter what definition 10x in 3 minutes. It sucks real bad! Netflix and redbox is way better!

toddo7
7/18/15

This company is owned by the greedy family who owns Walmart.

avav1
7/13/15

I received a $5 VUDU movie credit and rented a movie for $2.99. However, VUDU accessed my checking account and debited $2.99 instead of deducting it from the $5 move credit I have -what's alarming is I never even used my checking account to set up my VUDU account (I used my Amex). This is ridiculous and I cancelled VUDU immediately.

re5480
7/5/15

Bought the new Ninja Turtle Movie (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles). Comes with free digital copy through VUDU code. Went to my VUDU account entered the code and picked (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles). Went to watch movie on VUDU and it was the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie from the 80's I think. Not the 2014 version I bought. Contacted Vudu through my account and explained that this is not the movie I bought. They required pictures of the receipt, movie cover, Vudu code card and generic insert that is in every Vudu digital movie. Sent all of that ASAP. They replied that "they would look into it and get back to me in 3 business days". On the 5th business day they sent an email stating that the original movie was the one that was offered in the new 2014 box as digital. Total BS!!! Did not buy original, did not want original, pkg did not state original digital copy included, but rather that a digital copy of the 2014 movie I purchased was included. Simply LIP SERVICE on "we'll check into it" They just waited 5 days and then blew me off. I will be sure to look for any copy of any movie that I purchase from now on that does not include anything from VUDU. Simple fix would have been for them to take original movie from my account and add 2014 version that I paid for. Terrible Customer Support.

kerstinc
6/21/15

If you have a REDBOX close to you then you don t need Vudu.
Why pay $4 and up if you can rent the same movie for $1.25?
Mostly of the old movies Vudu has for $3.99 are free at the public library (if you have little ones and you want to see good movies, go to the Library, you can keep the movies for 5 days and you don t have to pay anything)
The prices Vudu has do not make sence.

sandrac40
5/31/15

I really loved the movie, great characters, intriguing storyline and very interesting environment.

aubreyh19
5/31/15

Stole my money redeem codes never work and you have to cancle your card because its nearly impossible to cancel my account. ...All in all it sucks

Tip for consumers: Do not use vudu you will regret it.

tonyag8
5/2/15

I bought my movie at Walmart and set up my Vudu account. Although the movie was supposed to be instantly added to my account, it wasn't. I thought perhaps there was a code I needed to enter. I looked all over the inside and outside of the movie box, but found no code. Thinking the code must have been on the shrink wrap that I threw away, I contacted customer service by e-mail (the only way I found to contact them) and explained the situation. They not only asked for a copy of my receipt, they also wanted photos of the front and back of the movie box and a photo of the UPC. I gathered all that information and sent it in a reply to the e-mail.

A few days later, I received a e-mail from Vudu saying that since I hadn't responded in 96 hours, they were closing my case. What? I went to Vudu's site and found the original e-mail and my reply to it with the numerous attached photos. I sent a new e-mail asking Vudu to review my original ticket. I received a confirmation form letter saying they would respond to my e-mail promptly. That is the last I have heard from them. I am tired of trying to contact them, and I still don't have my movie on my account. I'm not going to bother with this service again.

feliciah7
4/30/15

exactly as i saifd above, it needs more.

mehmetcank
4/25/15

I've had Vudu for about 4 years and I have about 200 movies and TV shows in my collection. I've rarely had any issues that stemmed directly from Vudu itself; most problems were due to my Charter Internet service. I knew it wasn't Vudu because when Vudu would fail I would run speedtest to find that my connection was stalling. A modem and router reset would fix it, but for a while Charter was hit/miss especially at night times. The last 2 years they have fixed things so I no longer have any buffering issues. I'm located in San Francisco Bay area, not sure if physical location impacts streaming quality.

For all the bad reviews pointing the finger to Vudu for your buffering issues, make sure to test your internet connection to be sure where the problem is. I'm loving Vudu and I can't wait for them to stream 4k content. They're already on board with Dolby Atmos so they're keeping up with the times.

Tip for consumers: There's a lot of bad reviews for Vudu, and I just can't attest to that. My buffering issues have almost always been due to my internet provider, not Vudu.

courtneyc25
4/13/15

I have been a customer with Vudu for about 3 yrs I have put up with the buffering issues and slow loading even when I have top of the line internet but TODAY was the last straw I purchased a pre-order and it CLEARLY stated me card would not be charged until my movie was available and it was and I wanted a refund and was told because of some crappy 7.00 towards a movie ticket I could not have a refund then they said they would escalate my issue to accounting and after ALMOST a week got told the same thing.. I then asked to speak with a supervisor Anthony was his name he was rude and yelled at me and talked to me like I was an idiot so I asked to speak to Anthony's boss he told me his manager doesn't take calls and they just sent me a e-mail form letter telling me they will not refund my money. I will no longer purchase anything on VUDU and I will be using AMAZON from now on they have GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!

hillj1
4/5/15

Netflix is much better in quality. The most problem connecting to the network even with the router sitting in the same room... Once my credits is up I will invest in something that actually works .... Don't buy it

aarona37
3/26/15

VUDU is absolutely crap!! The first time I rented something from VUDU I had no issues. That would be the first and last time that I wouldn't. Every time since I have tried to rent a movie it cuts out every 1-2 minutes. I've tried switching from HDX to HD and finally to SD. They all suck. I've done all the trouble shooting crap they ask you to do that doesn't work. I have one of the best TV's on the market, the highest possible internet speed through Verizon Fios and VUDU is still crap. I have no other problems with Amazon, Netflix or any of my other devices. Any good review on her I can only assume come from people that work at VUDU and are forced to leave something good to try and wash out all the bad. If I could leave something less than a 1, I would.

brandonw20
3/24/15

Vudu is horrible, movies always have problems no matter what kind of equipment and internet speed....I always have trouble after a digital download doesn't work, they want you to email them receipts, copies of the movie, and the Vudu code which often doesn't work. Sometimes it takes days to weeks to get the problems worked out, they simply want you to forget about your purchases and go on with your life. I promise to only watch the movies I already have in my library, if a movie has Vudu on it, I don't want it!!!

xiaolongl
3/6/15

Very tricky language on the packaging, to the unwary, it would appear to say this service is free. It's free to sign up. Must have credit card info to redeem credit, credit that spreads out as small amounts over a few months. Packaging for spark advertises $20 credit, it's more accurately $5 in credit a month for 4 months, is what's in the fine print. A LOT of tricky stuff like that, when it's unreliable easy access to pay-per-view service in reality. Set-up between devices was a little frustrating, although it plugs easily into hdmi and uses any cellphone charger. Not an especially high quality anything though, New releases available for purchase. It's like one of those pay as you rent video kiosks in your tv. Not what advertising would imply, which would be more like chromecast or amazon. Those stream netflix hulu plus youtube etc., no charges with regular subscription. I think this is ok to hook up once in awhile..oh did I mention that your free credit expires? So none of that saving it to see a new movie..no sir..

katem40
2/20/15

Ordered a movie in October and had no problems with streaming it, so i ordered 3 more 2/1/15 expecting no issues. NOT SO. Now all 4 movies will not stream without constant buffering every minute. Have contacted customer support via email (only option available) multiple times with no reply. WTF!!! Should have gone with my gut feeling of to good to be true.

daleh32
2/2/15

i like to view movies from here every once in a while. the movies come in hd and are very easy to download to my viewing device. also many to choose from.the options are endless. have fun.

heatherf15
1/4/15

Wonderful at first until a purchase I did yesterday at Walmart. Walmart and Vudu have a collaboration when you buy something from Walmart you should be able to watch your video instantly on both Walmart/Vudu or Vudu itself. Both company's have been giving me the run around and pointing their fingers at one another as to why I can't watch my purchased movies. frankly this is ridiculous, I emailed proof of my purchase and a pictures showing Vudu that in fact I have bought the items and picture showing they have taken it out of my bank account and even a picture showing that it is suppose to be watched instantly. Why are they now dodging me and shoving me under the rug? it's because I guess a buyers satisfaction is not on their top priority list.

10 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the VUDU staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question