US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

sama714

I highly recommend ViewBug.com if you love sharing your photos and meet fellow photographers. (in 45 reviews)

lilyd16

Also, there are many different types of contests to enter, you are able to create challenges, and invite others to join. (in 36 reviews)

edwardm10

People are friendly and I've found customer service response time to be excellent - usually within a couple hours. (in 5 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

exisd
5/2/16

I have been on Viewbug for over 5 years. When I started there were photographers posting quality work. Now 75% of the photos posted are garbage. I am a professional photographer and instructor of photography. I would never, even in my early days of learning photography, posted some of the images I see on Viewbug. Apparently, the individuals posting this junk really do not care and just load up the Viewbug site. It's clear they do not care that their junk they post reflects on them as a photographer. I do give peer awards to the photographers work that recognizes the beautiful art of photography. 25% of Viewbug has photographers that display absolutely beautiful work. In teaching photography the novice learns by viewing the work of other professional photographers. Unfortunately Viewbug is not the place for a novice or aspiring photographer to view this type of work 75% of the time. Some of the images I see that win in contest are awful and clearly shows the judges have no clue what their doing or the photographer solicits votes from all their friends (very unfair) not caring if their work is worthy of a win. To a serious photographer I would not recommend posting your work on Viewbug if you wish to be noticed. If you want to be noticed try Fine Art America. For over 35 years I have made my living doing professional photography and teaching photography. When Viewbug began it was a great site now I would not recommend it. Also, to be a paying member is out of the question. With this said good luck.

iany4
5/2/16

This really isn't just sour grapes but there's clearly far too many junk photo's getting into competitions. Too many good ones are being overlooked, and too many rubbish ones beating those good ones.
The latest competition I saw has a finalist photo with an item badly superimposed over a background, with differing lighting, shadows and bits missing from it. This was a FINALIST photo out of nearly 6000 lol!!
As someone else pointed out below, it's clearly who you know here, rather than your skill level.

I'm also a member of a photograph club (150+ members) where most others joined too. We all get the same emails, for example everyone's most viewed photo received a Spring Selection Reward, most of us had our most viewed photo with an animal entered into the Animal Kingdom competition, we often receive likes/awards from the same person (automated? bots?), and some members who have deleted their accounts still receive emails saying they've had more likes or peer awards! Work that one out!!

Unfortunately I paid for 2 years, but will now be requesting my money back.

Tip for consumers: Don't

tomasm46
4/29/16

Ok I just joined this week and started entering contest and challenges. Then I started voting. WOW this is big time amateur hour!! I swear if I have to sit and look at another person poorly taken shot of their kid or their pet or vacation I'm going to poke myself in the eye with a fork!! Look I'm not being too picky and I know there was a point 30 years ago that my images looked no better, but back then we had the common sense to know what was good and what wasn't and would have never thought of entering it in a contest. Now days everyone thinks they are good just because someone told them so. I know I am not the best photographer out there. There is always someone better but I sell my work regularly at art shows and festivals and make pretty good money doing it. With all the amateurs on viewbug I'm really curious if my work will be noticed or just passed over in the millions of poorly taken photographs.

barte20
4/28/16

been member for 2-3 years..won a few awards..finalist in contests..seems to be a good site with alot of good photographers..at this point have 1000 followers and have gotten aot of messenges from people all over the world including australia..have learned alot and improved much as a photographer just observing others work and competing with myself..,a good site so far..not expensive..

hondurk
4/27/16

I have been taking photos for over 7 years now and consider myself an advanced amateur photographer. I really appreciate seeing all the amazing photographs on this website and have also met some nice people here. Sometimes I lose track of time while looking at all the beautiful photos. My favorite part is to be able to communicate with others and get their feedback on my work. On top of that, I believe viewbug has one of the best download and copyright protection to keep your photos secure.

paulb249
4/23/16

I have enjoyed putting my photos on viewbug but its such a frustrating site, 1 when it comes to voting I can only see a few photos before going to next page (there could be 20 pages). 2 there should be some form of forum. 3 Its definately biased this is not sour grapes at all, but I have come to realise that its more who you know not what you know, seen some terrible shots win in some cases that it beggars belief. What I do now is use viewbug as a sort of link for other to see my photos. As I said frustrating because it could be a great site with a few tweeks here and there like feedback on photos etc.

jamins
4/15/16

This site is a great way to connect with others passionate about photography. However, it's main goal is "traffic". The more people interact with the site the better. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I've chosen not to make any monthly payments for the "PRO" or "Premium" status as those will get you to enter every contest instead of a few dozen. If you treat the site as another branch into a community of people that LOVE photography it is 5 stars. It's very addicting an satisfying to get feedback and give feedback.

If you treat the site as a way to further your photography business and exposure you will have to work very hard at building a base of fans to get your photos up to the top tier awards and possibly winning. Every contest will have 10's of 1,000's of entries and members are allowed to repost their best shots over and over for each new contest. Contests are the way to lure people in as a source of income. As long as you don't fall prey to ego on your photography skills thinking you have a chance of winning you'll have much more meaningful interactions in creating your own contests and connecting with others.

I don't plan to spend a dime on Viewbug memberships and have been enjoying the site despite that decision.

lindap125
4/15/16

There are a lot of photo contests to chose from even for free members and some of the prizes are pretty cool. I have a friend who is an amazing photographer and he won a Canon camera body last month so he was very happy about it. I'm not a profassional photographer but I'm also not in this community to win prizes really. I enjoy sharing my photos with the community and am getting a lot of constructive feedback from my followers. As a result, I've learned a lot since I've joined to viewbug. The website is user-friendly and very helpful for amateur photographers like myself.

jimh126
4/4/16

Having been a freelance photographer for over 3 decades and experiencing a lot, this is just another website where one can post snaps. The flurry of badges, contests and activities don't yield much at the non-paying level, so if you are interested in spending hundreds of dollars/year in hopes of winning a speed light, then have at it. My time is worth more than that. Also, one cannot enter 90% of the contests void of having a paid membership, which is messed up.

davidp219
4/1/16

I'm seeing a lot of reviews throwing the word "Scam" around. This is a little ridiculous. Even a cursory look at some of the profiles shows some extensive bio's and linked websites that easily prove there is nothing shady going on. The judges are real people with real websites too. If it's a scam, than it's a damn good one, and these people are going to WAY more trouble than it's worth. Are the people running the website trying to make a profit? Yes, they are. That's not a scam. That's called a business.

Now, some of the other complaints center around the award process. Should there be some kind of rule about submitting a winning photograph to other contests? Maybe--but keep in mind that ViewBug allows anyone to submit the same photos to as many contests as that person's subscription allows (whether it be PRO, Premium, etc.). So essentially the complaint is going something like this: "The best photo's are winning all the contests." Well...yes, they are. Shouldn't they? And this statement isn't coming from someone who has won anything. Are there times I think to myself, "Man, this just isn't fair--these people who are winning have such expensive equipment, and can go wherever they want to photograph the greatest scenes"? Sure. Welcome to the game of photography. The technology is much more accessible, but it's still a rich man's game.

All in all, you get out what you put in. If you're interested in networking, exposure, finding inspiration, and rubbing shoulders (so to speak) with people who are REALLY GOOD at what they do, you'll be really pleased with ViewBug. I've learned a lot just in a few short months, and I love using the topics of the contests as inspiration for my next shoot. It's a great way to get your creative juices flowing. Keep in mind that most photography contests will charge you per entry (or per every 3 photos or whatever), whereas if you pay for a a one year subscription to ViewBug for a PRO membership, you get unlimited access to every single contest they make available.

One of the other reviewers said, "There's no such thing as a free lunch". They are correct. If you come to ViewBug thinking you're going to submit a few decent photos and get showered with contest prizes and recognition, then move along, post those pictures on FB, and reap the rewards of those worthless "Likes" from your friends. If you're looking for opportunities to get exposure, network with other photographers, and get creative with a broad range of different topics of contests, ViewBug is well worth it.

jims178
3/22/16

Started off very good with all the hype of badges, peer awards etc, but the main aim was to enter and get somewhere in some of these competitions. I managed to get to the final bit but never quite enough to get the top 50, I worked out that you need a lot of mates to get your shot up there and your photo is never judged by the judges unless your right up there, I know this because if a judge can view 65000 entries in a day or 2 then you know they are not looking at them all. I approve of fairness in the spirit of a competition, and be judged on your effort, its no good paying for membership if you are not in a fair competition in the first place, got fed up with it after a while after making a lot of effort in all aspects and getting no where, I have had huge success with the same photos in other competitions in a "judge"vote and direct comps, so i know my photos are of some quality. will not be renewing because there is no feed back from judges, and when asked to be a curator and help others, well last time i looked i paid YOU a membership not you pay me to run your own site, sorry chaps, great site if you want to play at it, but for those who wish to see rewards for effort, more work needed.

Update: I have since been contacted by View bug, fair play to the people who are customer service, however i stand by the fact, as a pro membership, its a lot of money to spend when you dont know if your shot has hit the judges table, Its a shame when someone enters a photo and its a really good technical shot, lots of effort but they know so few people who do not benefit from tactical voting, so their shot never makes above the top 10%, which if the judges reviewed ALL shots entered this would not matter, but i am sure they dont. great site for those that like to FB in photo land and network, but for those wishing to progress in the comp not quite there yet.

noahy2
3/14/16

Viewbug is an amazing site and user-friendly; you can import your photos from Facebook, Instagram, and Flickr easily. I was wondering if they'd have an app soon and was told by their customer service rep that the app is coming out this year which will be very convenient for us all. I can't wait. Oh, their customer service was very responsive and polite btw. Great place to meet others and discuss photography. I've been a member for over 8 months now and love it!!

jayt55
3/12/16

This site was recommended to me by a new acquaintance. At first glance the site can get a person excited and motivated about photography. The idea of contests, pier awards and critiques was very attractive. So, I joined and started posting. Initially, the pier awards that I received made me feel good about my work and motivated me to get better. This site is good for that. Also, there are some great photos on here that you can learn from, gain ideas and stay motivated. However, after a couple of days and deeper analysis of the site, I am starting to question the credibility of this site. Don't get me wrong, there are some good people who are willing to interact with you, but I also believe that there are many ghosts on this site. After uploading my first few pictures, I noticed that I had been given awards. I went to look at what I had been awarded and from who. The first thing that I noticed was that I had received awards a week before I even joined the website. Second, one day I uploaded four photos. Before I could even get to my profile to make sure they loaded properly, three of the four photos had already received several awards. One of them had received four awards in less than a second. How is that even possible? This leads me to believe that pier awards are nothing more than computer generated awards. No photo can properly be critiqued that fast. That said, pier awards and badges hold no real value. Third, I received this email from them:

"You probably don't realize it, but you've awarded, liked, or commented on hundreds of images! Your support means a lot to your fellow ViewBug members, and it makes ViewBug the amazing place that it is. Thanks for doing what you do!

Since you're such a positive force in our community, we hope you'll accept our special invitation to become a ViewBug Curator. (Less than 5% of ViewBug members are invited to become Curators, so it's kind of a big deal.) What is a ViewBug Curator? It's an invite-only team of ViewBug members who help us keep the community vibrant and friendly."

The problem with this is that to date I only critiqued one photo, awarded zero, and like zero. I am not sure what the motivation for this email was. Probably another computer generated push. They are losing credibility with me almost daily.

Fourth, there needs to be more segregation on this site. They need to start comparing apples to apples, not apples to oranges. This site seems to be geared more towards people who have mastered the art of editing, not taking photos.

Finally, if you look at several other folks profile page, you will notice that they have several hundred or even a thousand likes, awards, ect...but only have 10-25 photos posted. I am not sure how that is possible either.

My recommendation for people using this site is to be cautious, and question everything. The only value I can truly see for this site is to look at others photos and learn from them. Try and find real people to talk with and exchange messages. However, there are so many over processed and HDR photos, finding a true photographer, who is more purist, may be a challenge.

johnnyc55
3/12/16

Funny to read trolls reviews, terrible photographers that think they do not need to learn or improve and win prizes... Good luck!
My take for viewbug is: an awesome community to meet photographers, award photos and maybe win a prize (if you are awesome at what you do). Go for it! I did upgrade for only $6, trolls be crazy :) and you can enjoy it for free too....

robertw238
3/10/16

With all the reviews stating that this website is untrue and biased towards certain members it raises a huge amount of doubt in my mind. I have been a member of this website for 2 weeks now and it seems that their only goal for me is to buy a membership spend more than $100. I have submitted photos and it seems like fun but I cannot find anyone that has actually won a prize from this website. There are many red flags telling me that this website is misleading and untrustworthy. People are going out of their way to inform fellow photographers that this website is a TRAP. After reading all the reviews, finding a Facebook page dedicated to informing people that this website is a scam, and reading countless reviews about this website deceiving people and not replying to them via email, it is safe to say that this website is not worth its while and I would highly recommend a cautious approach to it. I would not share my images with this website and I will no longer be a part of this website. It is more likely a SCAM than not.

carols126
3/4/16

A few weeks back I contacted Viewbug to up grade my status to Pro. I was given a wonderful young lady to help me with my transaction by the name of Seda . She helped me through the entire process without a problem. In my book she is a keeper, she is a great asset to your company !

Yours Truly ,

Carol Simmons

djs12
3/3/16

This site is so fun it's addicting! Whether your a beginning photographer or a pro you will learn something. It's great connecting with other photographers and getting feedback on your photos.

jameso62
3/2/16

I was a member of Viewbug for some time and it's a great place to see some awesome photos. The prizes for competitions are very good as well and I can see how people are enticed to enter. But if you view the entries, 99% of them are ultra-professional - staged, magazine-like entries from stock catalogues etc which are unlikely to be beaten by a photo that an average member would post. It has put me and many friends off entering as these photos always win.
The judging is also flawed, same winners and same type of photos. Very false and not a true reflection of the average audience who enter photo competitions. Good if you want to look at nice photos from a stock website/catalogue though!

ruthh37
2/19/16

While there are other photography sharing sites, I dont think any of them have quite got the feel of ViewBug. If you haven't visited yet, go take a look - even if you aren't a photographer yourself, there's so much great quality work to see here.

rupertv4
2/5/16

Good photographers and fun contests, still waiting to win a contest but a lot of inspiring stuff in the meantime

lorie65
2/3/16

I have been a Paying a member for over 2 years. So far I see what the buzz is all about, a nice Website with cool contests and great photographers.

robertm293
1/29/16

I have been on for almost a year, have about 187,00o points from all the "badges" you earn, I maintained top 10% of all the photographers for the year. My biggest complaint is the winners of the contests, whoever reviews the work is asleep at the wheel. I have been a commercial photographer for 40+ years and made a great living at it so I know good images when I see them and they seem to always pick the images that are over processed or soft and out of focus. I will be leaving soon.

Tip for consumers: Well I have left ViewBug and found that when you do not renew your subscription they make your site so slow to load the images so what is the point of keeping a site that takes 5 min. to load 300 images... they sure do play games on ViewBug... very disappointing so now I have gone.... still on Flickr.

debbier44
1/12/16

Viewbug is an amazing site and it’s free to join for photographers at any level. I've recently created an account and am still learning something new everyday. I personally love joining Contests and chatting with people in the community about photography. Everyone is very helpful and I’ve received a couple constructive feedback from some members already, plus I was just told by one of the members that I can create my own challenges You have the option to link your Facebook and Twitter accounts with your Viewbug account and share your photos with your friends and family. The site is very well designed and easy to navigate round as a user or a visitor.

dawnc29
1/5/16

They will not stop sending you emails even when you ask them to! I was told to vote on friends photo for a contest and now they won't leave me alone! I have asked them to unsubscribe me so many times! They never do! I get two three emails a day I don't won't nothing to do with them! They won't stop! So please don't give them your email or you will regret it if you do! No phone number to call them! Just email which I have sent many maybe it will get through to them! Don't make the same mistake I did unless you want them to bug you!

kaylal7
12/24/15

I think everyone just submits and submits for nothing. Have any real participants with nothing to do with the site ever won anything worthwhile, or at all? I have uploaded and entered the contests and when I see what photos win, I can't help but realize it's a scam.

sama714
12/24/15

I’ve been a member for about 2 years now and thought it was time to write a good review to show my appreciation for all the hard work that ViewBug do.

I upgraded my account to Pro shortly after I joined the site to get the additional perks and I'm now addicted to it. ViewBug keeps coming up with new cool stuff and it never gets old. I enjoy teaching to other photographers and learning from them. I won a free Pro membership from one of the contests last year and hoping to win a bigger prize next time. I’m also in touch with a couple of winners who received their prizes and have been on the site for a while. I’ve learned a lot from the contests within this last 2 years and have tried different subjects and techniques since then. I highly recommend ViewBug.com if you love sharing your photos and meet fellow photographers.

paull109
12/4/15

I joined, but thankfully only the free version. I thought the contests were a great idea, until I noticed the same images placing high time after time, many of them winning contests. There is obviously no filter on resubmitting images that have won a contest, which for me is disappointing. It brings the contests down to the point where the winning pool can keep winning, and new images don't have a great chance to win. Like other reviewers here have said, there are also no filters on the kinds of images making it into contests. I thought about getting a paid membership, but I think I am going to pass as I can always join a club to get feedback if I want it.

scottw76
11/30/15

first of all i slightly disagree w the last post. i think most artists are their worst critics, all the ones i know anyway (including myself). Yes, there are a lot of really amazing photos and extremely tough competition. as an artist i also enjoy that. it challenges you to get better and inspires you to do more. if nothing else look at the entries for inspiration. i spent hours just looking at peoples work. there's a wide range from bad to professional. win or not your work will be seen by the public. that's great for anyone just starting out!

markc148
11/21/15

You have to be a very good photographer to win any competition these days and it is no different with View bug. I see a load of rubbish when voting for competitions but unfortunately everyone including myself thinks their work is the best! Still blasting away yet to win anything!

lilyd16
11/15/15

I've joined ViewBug about 5-6 months ago as my friend couldn't stop talking about it and I'm now addicted to the website too :) I've learned a lot from other photographers and I'd say ViewBug is a bit more than just a photography site, it’s more of a social network of photography where you can share tips and learn unique techniques about photography. Everyone have their own profile where they upload their own photos, create albums, and follow photographers that they like. Also, there are many different types of contests to enter, you are able to create challenges, and invite others to join. I'm currently a Free member however I was told by my friend that they have two more levels which give access to special contests and you have more options and exposure. I would like to upgrade to the next level as soon as I get my bonus this year :) Once, I contacted their customer service; they were great, responded to my question within 2 hours and answered all my questions.
If you are into photography; try it, you won't regret it ;)

Tip for consumers: You get a 14-day free Premium trial when you first sign up.

jonahl11
11/12/15

Gotta love a place that promotes art in such a creative way. The people I've met are awesome, give feedback on my shots and welcome me as a friend. The contests are AMAZING with the best opportunities I've ever seen and even though I may never win a prize, I've won ideas, skills and an appreciation eye through the winners. I have the free subscription and may upgrade if I get some $ as I recently lost my job.

goranj2
11/5/15

This site is such scam!!! I joined couple months ago and submitted to numerous contests, but never get into final stage until I got membership paid. After this couple of my pix get the top 10 number of votes, but never get to final (they send you email VOTING UPDATE and where is your picture ranked). I emailed asking for explanation - how come that my picture is ranked top10 at the and of voting, but didn't get to final 50???... no answer. I also noticed that one photographer won 2 cameras in 2 different contests, with pretty much similar picture within a month. According to latest contest for Photo of the year the is a over 180K pics submitted. You could estimate that they have around 20-30.000 monthly paid subscribers (PRO $9, Premium $6). So they are getting minimum 100-150K per month and still scamming who will get most attractive prizes!!!
THERE IS NO SUCH A THING AS FREE LUNCH!!!!

lorid24
11/2/15

I joined when a friend that runs a photography studio invited me to vote for his photos in a contest about babies. I was very impressed with the quality of the photos so decided to create my account and join. So far I've been having a blast, seeing the most beautiful works and learning trying to win a contest... If you think you will win a contest right away, good luck, with so many photographers, it is pretty hard if you are great, if you are like me... almost impossible. But after a few months on viewbug i've learned that the contests are great for creativity and to meet people with the same interests. I did checked a couple of other reviews and clearly see that people expecting to win and don't get pretty pissed, that's sad given that art and beauty are in the eye of the beholder. Negativity sucks... but for me viewbug rocks!

darlao
10/17/15

I am far from being a pro and all the contests have pros that you have to go up against. They say they have amiture contests but I see pros joining that contest. There's no way an amiture shoots like a pro. Amitures don't stand a chance of winning anything.

ardashg
10/8/15

what is it mean if my picture win featured store?
What is that do?

brandonr23
9/30/15

Not trying to boast about my photography but I know I don't suck, I have put out some amazing shots amazing photoshop edits and I get like 5 views?! I don't get it I stopped using view bug because it doesn't make sense, I see people with bad photography example bad lighting bad exposure bad bad bad composition but yet it would have hundreds if not thousands of views and people boasting about it?? I feel i`ve entered the photography twilight zone

armandov4
9/15/15

It is nice to be a member in VB!!

sethr22
9/3/15

While I do feel that Viewbug could improve on browsing and social interaction on their site, fewer sites have the quality of images and opportunities to network with so many like-minded photographers. I have enjoyed my time there, and will continue for the foreseeable future. Once they get a handle on advertising their print shop, making browsing easier, and including more interactivity, this will be a amazing place to go!

stephanieb63
8/21/15

I'm really feeling compelled to write a positive current review of Viewbug. I did join it about one month ago and I'm completing happy with it. The reason I joined was because of the variety of pictures that are on the site. The members are from all over the world so you get to see photography from a world view. Every time I've had a question I simply shoot (get it) an email to them and within 24 hours I have an answer. I do appreciate the awards and yes they come from other viewbug members. I too have entered several contest and have not won any, but that really wasn't the main reason for joining. The site inspires and encourages me to improve my photography. When I see a photo that I'm really interested in how it was done I send a message to the creator and I have received a response from everyone so far. Once in awhile I will attempt to enter a photo in the pro membership level and I will get a "sorry you must upgrade", but I just go to the next contest. ---Several months ago I was tempted to join another online contest that had daily winners. I looked at the daily winners and the monthly top BIG winners. Well after a month I came to the conclusion that you had to have either a photo of landscapes, birds or cute animals. There was nothing new and fresh. And some of those winning photos were nothing more then snapshots. Don't get me wrong there were some amazing pictures, but the same kind over and over. With the same winners too.My question for that site was how can you have the same winners over and over again, if you have contestants from all over the world. Now that's suspect! With viewbug you know that you will see some amazing photos that have that WOW factor! So far the winning photos have been extraordinary and they challenge me to work harder on my own images, both in making them and in post production. Viewbug is just one avenue that I am using to improve my photos. I think you get what you put into it and this is one very positive method of improving my images. So thank you viewbug!

jayned5
8/16/15

I joined only three months ago. I haven't even uploaded a photo yet and I've received over 75 emails from them asking me to upgrade. I receive one of these emails on nearly a daily basis! These schmucks just want my money!! I've even had people sending me "friend requests", then start bugging me to upgrade. I guess you get points if you get someone to upgrade. I cancelled my account.

theb15
8/4/15

Thankfully I have cancelled my subscription to the site. From the three years I have been on their the viewing figures are poor. I am not a pro photographer but do believe that I have no chance of winning any contests on there. You are misled into believing you are almost there in at least being in the running. In fact nowhere near. When you pay for a subscription what exactly do you recieve....more contests to enter. So lots more chances of not winning. Hmmm if you want to get noticed as a photographer then plenty of other sites out there.

alicea21
7/31/15

Basically I think it's a scam. It's set up to make you feel good that you are getting awards etc. but the awards are meaningless because people get rewarded for liking photos and giving awards. The set up is all geared toward paying a monthly fee and ultimately the only one that benefits are the people that are getting that money. I'd like to see if they actually give out the prizes and who they go to. I posted photos and they don't show up in the new photos section so not sure how long it takes to propagate but there is something not quite right. I haven't paid yet. I did get a lot of "awards" but I'm not sure where they saw the photos because I don't see them in the general photo section.

rs80
7/29/15

Plenty of photos to view. The "contests" seem somewhat odd--at least on first inspection. Level of buy-in is tagged to participation in most of the galleries. The available postings in some of the categories (contests) are very random or maybe its the oddly-cutesy titles...so what happens in "Faces and Places" is photos of cannons (from where??) appear with portraits (human, okay) and horses and dogs and insect heads and plants that might look like they have a human face! No rules, just "give-me-what-you-got."

danj35
7/23/15

While I find the site OK and continue to visit and lightly participate, I find it generally a bit confusing to navigate, particularly the contest sites. Also I often find random pictures of mine submitted to free contests when I don't remember submitting them.

What I really want is true honest feedback about my photos. They don't provide how many "likes" or "votes" your photo gets in any contest, nor really where it RANKED at all (unless you win, I suppose). You have to shuffle through the thousands upon thousands of entries until you find yours to know where you rank. This is dumb. Why don't they just tell me? Is this a premium feature?

charliej9
5/26/15

A business that satisfies maximum customers

wendyp19
5/4/15

Learned about this site from my younger brother when he won a contest on viewbug.
It is an amazing community and it offers many benefits, including contest for different levels and you can choose to pay or not. The voting is superb and I feel like a real photographer by awarding images I consider should be awarded ;) Very inspiring and fun!

andrewg58
4/25/15

What are the cost and fees to a winning participant?

redh
4/18/15

I love ViewBug, it's a great place to showplace your photography. What I'm not absolutely sure about is why, when I'm going through other people's photos, some of them are repeated on different profiles. I have emailed ViewBug about this twice, but they haven't as yet responded.

cynthial8
1/19/15

I love Viewbug. . I have been a member for 6 months. I have 400 photos and almost all of my photos have rewards. The community is friendly and help full. I am just a beginner photographer, so I get inspirations from all the great photos that are on there. Their is people from all over the world posting photos so completion is high.. I have never won a contest but I am hopeful . This place is free to join and that's how I started out. If you are wanting to get some praise on your photos and get inspired this is the place.to join.

Tip for consumers: Great sight and I like it.

sj221
11/30/14

Not overly impressed with the service as some of the winners of the contests are not by any means the best within the community and or the contests. They seem to do very very little as far as running the site. They have two categories for there contests those who payed and those who did not. they do have a points system with unlocking badges but thats all they do is unlock they're useless trinkets. The biggest problem with the site as i see it. is anyone who puts up the money can enter even the worst of quality or even no where near what the contest was about. so in order to vote for a favorite you have to go through thousands of pics by those not serious about photography what so ever. if the useless badges unlocked contests and then allowed you to the next level people might actualy talk and ask more about the pics and how they were done or want to grow as photographers. in todays age of cameras you certainly dont need to spend 10's of thousands to get a good shot. But to have all levels competing depending on the almighty buck is frustrating and very time consuming. even when the voting is open or the second round theres still a ton of crap to sift through.

18 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the ViewBug staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Answer
producl
A: Hello Ingrid,

Thank you for your message!

We are sorry to hear that you'd like to leave the ViewBug community. If you wish to cancel your ViewBug account completely, login to your ViewBug account and click on the following link: http://www.viewbug.com/user/settings#/user/settings/membership and then click on "Delete Account" link that is at the end of the sentence.

Have a great weekend!
The ViewBug Team
Helpful answer
Add your answer
2/29/16
Answer
producl
A: Hello Donna,

Thank you for being a member of the ViewBug community.

If you are a free Lite member, you can upload up to 10 photos per week however you can join all Free contests. Currently we have a total of 18 Free contests and you can access them at http://www.viewbug.com/photo-contests/free.

If you need further assistance, please contact our support team at members@viewbug.com.

Have a great weekend!