US Government's NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

kelseyi
1/28/15

vermont woods studios is a wonderful company. the customer service people are always friendly & helpful and the website was easy to navigate! truly quality furniture... i love american made!

davidw195
1/26/15

We saw the Vermont Woods website on line.
The site was very clear and descriptive.
We took a week-end trip from NYC to Vermont and visited their really nice show room.
We ordered a dinning table and 6 chairs, to be delivered to our winter home in FL.
The set arrived on time, and was just perfect in every way.
Nice folks and yes American Made !!

A great experience.

David W.
East Hampton, NY

elizabeths71
1/24/15

I have had a disappointing experience with this company. I ordered one of their Polywood couches which was (in my opinion) very expensive, but looked like it was worth the money. I'm still in the middle of the situation- well, almost at the end I hope. But it's what's happened so far that has been upsetting.

The website said the couch would take 14-15 days to get to us, and we'd get a tracking number when it shipped. We didn't get a tracking number until I asked about the status, and by then the couch had reached my city. That was a Friday, and the couch wasn't delivered by the shipping company until Monday. So it took 18 days to get. While this wouldn't be too big of a deal (except that I was excited to get this really expensive outdoor couch I ordered), the lack of communication was really frustrating.

When the couch finally arrived, we only got one set of cushions, not 3, and were missing two bolts. This was extremely frustrating, because not only had the couch taken longer to get to us then we were expecting, we couldn't even use it. I contacted customer service again, and was told that it was a mistake made by whoever sent my order to the manufacturing department, and that the cushions would be sent by fedex overnight.

3 days later we still hadn't gotten the cushions. I emailed the person I had been speaking with, and didn't get a reply, so I chose to do a live chat through the website. The person said the cushions were sent 2 days after I was promised they would be overnighted, and that they wouldn't get here for another 4 days. We got the bolts 2 days after we asked for them. Again, this wouldn't be so frustrating if there had been more communication. If the cushions couldn't have been overnighted, it would have been okay, but since I was told they would be, I am annoyed.

So, it's a mixed review. The couch frame is nice and sturdy, with only a little trouble putting it together once we got all of the parts. The 1 set of cushions we do have is very comfortable. The customer service, however, was both great and not so great. I think I just expected to have a better experience after spending so much money on something. Perhaps it's just the Polywood stuff that's not taken as seriously or maybe the person doing the ordering, and who I was dealing with was new. I don't know. But I don't think I'll be ordering from this company again. It was just too frustrating. Assuming everything goes right, it will have taken 27 days to use a couch that should have taken 15 days.

aliciab7
4/6/14

I had a great experience shopping with Vermont Woods Studios. Delivery was timely and I enjoyed the shippers, they were very helpful and were careful around the precious things in my home. I was worried about waiting weeks for my furniture, but I now see that it was well worth the wait. Everything is beautiful and I couldn't have chosen a better company to shop with. I ordered office furniture for my new home and will continue to furnish my home with Vermont Woods Studios. The customer service reps were so friendly and helped me order exactly the custom pieces I was looking for. I feel lucky to get to look at this furniture everyday. I would highly recommend Vermont Woods Studios!

debrar5
3/20/14

I visited the showroom and the furniture looked great. I ordered 3 pieces. A TV console, a desk and a cabinet. I planned on ordering additional pieces but after my experience with the delivery of these three, I changed my mind. There are too many good furniture makers out there to deal with the problems I encountered. One piece, the cabinet, had not been sanded properly was still rough on the sides of the top. It still had sawdust inside the drawers. The desk had a dent on the top. The TV console looked good. When I told the delivery people of the problems they said well we can sand it and put oil on it. !!! Really. I told them not to touch it. These were made by a skilled craftsman and need to go back to finish them. He kept insisting on sanding the dent on the desk top and the cabinet. I said NO! I left the room to get my phone and when I walked back in he was sanding aggressively against the grain on the desk top. Then he poured on some oil. Good Lord. There was a dip in the top and really against the grain. I sent the pieces back. When I complained to Vermont Wood Studios they didn't seem to care and acted like the delivery people did nothing wrong. I kept the TV console, and am waiting for the other two pieces. We'll see. I'll never get anything there again.

frana
1/11/11

Website is comprehensive and the furniture I ordered and received is accurately depicted on the website. Customer service is a superb as the product!

jl7
1/8/11

I ordered a dining table chairs and sideboard sight unseen except virtually on the website. I thought this was risky ordering furniture this way but everything worked out wonderfully. Fabulous customer service. Excellent quality. Cherry dining table and sideboard are beautiful. Chairs are also, though could use a bit more stuffing in the seat. A minor issue. I have gotten tons of compliments on the furniture.

susiej
1/8/11

We couldn't be happier with our cherry bed from Vermont Woods Studio. The craftsmanship really shows in the beauty of the wood and careful, solid construction. We will be purchasing from Vermont Woods Studio in the near future.

Vermont Woods Studio's products are superior to what you will find in box-store and top-named brand furniture stores. Prior to purchasing our bed, we visited large and small furniture stores and discovered that all of the products were imported. The box store sales representatives couldn't tell us or didn't want to tell us where the furniture was made or the origin of the wood. Plus, the box stores' furniture wasn't attractive and wasn't made well (flimsy legs and weak platforms).

The service we received from Vermont Woods Studio was superior and exceeded my expectations. We ordered our Vermont Woods Studio bed in early November 2010, received immediate confirmation of our order, received a follow-up e-mail stating that our bed was being constructed, and an e-mail telling us that the bed was complete and to expect a call from the delivery company, and a follow-up e-mail asking us for feedback on the delivery and end product. It really was peace of mind to know that our internet order was taken and progressing. In addition, the bed was delivered in such a short amount of time - only six weeks after placing our order.
I would highly recommend purchasing American-made furniture from the Vermont Woods studio craftsmen. It is so important that we support sustainable forestry practices and our American economy. We feel really good that we made this choice rather than buying a product made from wood harvested by ill-managed forests and shipped long distances as imports. Plus, the bed is really gorgeous!