US Government's NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

aliciab7
4/6/14

I had a great experience shopping with Vermont Woods Studios. Delivery was timely and I enjoyed the shippers, they were very helpful and were careful around the precious things in my home. I was worried about waiting weeks for my furniture, but I now see that it was well worth the wait. Everything is beautiful and I couldn't have chosen a better company to shop with. I ordered office furniture for my new home and will continue to furnish my home with Vermont Woods Studios. The customer service reps were so friendly and helped me order exactly the custom pieces I was looking for. I feel lucky to get to look at this furniture everyday. I would highly recommend Vermont Woods Studios!

debrar5
3/20/14

I visited the showroom and the furniture looked great. I ordered 3 pieces. A TV console, a desk and a cabinet. I planned on ordering additional pieces but after my experience with the delivery of these three, I changed my mind. There are too many good furniture makers out there to deal with the problems I encountered. One piece, the cabinet, had not been sanded properly was still rough on the sides of the top. It still had sawdust inside the drawers. The desk had a dent on the top. The TV console looked good. When I told the delivery people of the problems they said well we can sand it and put oil on it. !!! Really. I told them not to touch it. These were made by a skilled craftsman and need to go back to finish them. He kept insisting on sanding the dent on the desk top and the cabinet. I said NO! I left the room to get my phone and when I walked back in he was sanding aggressively against the grain on the desk top. Then he poured on some oil. Good Lord. There was a dip in the top and really against the grain. I sent the pieces back. When I complained to Vermont Wood Studios they didn't seem to care and acted like the delivery people did nothing wrong. I kept the TV console, and am waiting for the other two pieces. We'll see. I'll never get anything there again.

frana
1/11/11

Website is comprehensive and the furniture I ordered and received is accurately depicted on the website. Customer service is a superb as the product!

jl7
1/8/11

I ordered a dining table chairs and sideboard sight unseen except virtually on the website. I thought this was risky ordering furniture this way but everything worked out wonderfully. Fabulous customer service. Excellent quality. Cherry dining table and sideboard are beautiful. Chairs are also, though could use a bit more stuffing in the seat. A minor issue. I have gotten tons of compliments on the furniture.

susiej
1/8/11

We couldn't be happier with our cherry bed from Vermont Woods Studio. The craftsmanship really shows in the beauty of the wood and careful, solid construction. We will be purchasing from Vermont Woods Studio in the near future.

Vermont Woods Studio's products are superior to what you will find in box-store and top-named brand furniture stores. Prior to purchasing our bed, we visited large and small furniture stores and discovered that all of the products were imported. The box store sales representatives couldn't tell us or didn't want to tell us where the furniture was made or the origin of the wood. Plus, the box stores' furniture wasn't attractive and wasn't made well (flimsy legs and weak platforms).

The service we received from Vermont Woods Studio was superior and exceeded my expectations. We ordered our Vermont Woods Studio bed in early November 2010, received immediate confirmation of our order, received a follow-up e-mail stating that our bed was being constructed, and an e-mail telling us that the bed was complete and to expect a call from the delivery company, and a follow-up e-mail asking us for feedback on the delivery and end product. It really was peace of mind to know that our internet order was taken and progressing. In addition, the bed was delivered in such a short amount of time - only six weeks after placing our order.
I would highly recommend purchasing American-made furniture from the Vermont Woods studio craftsmen. It is so important that we support sustainable forestry practices and our American economy. We feel really good that we made this choice rather than buying a product made from wood harvested by ill-managed forests and shipped long distances as imports. Plus, the bed is really gorgeous!