US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

robertl17

It's not cheap, but this was so much easier than trying to navigate the State Department's system. (in 4 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

daves174
4/29/16

They answered all my questions quickly and did the job as promised. And went above and beyond due to a mistake I made! It was extremely important for me to get passport and make trip, and they delivered my passport to my door at the last hour!

jps4
4/27/16

USPaaaportOnline delivers on their promise. I received my passport quickly without any challenges.

cynthiaw42
4/25/16

my documents were processed quickly and there was always help available when I needed it.

dorothye14
4/13/16

Great,fast and very people very polite.Thanks.

davidg255
4/13/16

Not a wonderful company. Promised me completion dates and it became my responsibility to follow up with them. 14 day passport service took over a month. They did refund $50 of their fee, but overall not a great experience.

joyp14
4/12/16

Even though the website is a bit misleading, I can't say I regret using USPassportsOnline. It was surprisingly easy and stress free and I had my passport with a month. A call and some emails answered all my questions by very nice people. I world used their service again.

timr58
1/31/16

Under step 2 we are told "After submitting your order, detailed instructions will be displayed and emailed to you on exactly what you need to send us". The detailed check list should have been presented at this point prior to taking my money. Once I looked at the check list, this became obvious that the process needed more steps than the standard State Department procedures. You have to do all of the same things that is required if you use the standard government procedure.

I indicated that I didn't have an itinerary in the required check box and it processed the payment anyway. Their checklist states that you need to send an itinerary, but you don't know that until you pay. The State Department doesn't require an itinerary.

Poor programming step on the website. It should have refused the payment and indicated that their company cannot process my request without having all of the documents. And what is the Authorization letter they need to process the paperwork?

The State Department warns of these companies and concludes"Customers utilizing courier companies who may call themselves "passport expeditors" do not receive their passport any faster than those applying directly at a passport agency".

Just got ripped off for $45.

ds130
11/24/15

they look like the government site I was on previous. I just needed to renew so I thought you could do it online. I had no idea how much it was to renew a passport so the $70 seemed good. After I went through their form, it just sent a copy to my email and said send it in and pay the passport fees. I thought I had did this. I could get the form for free anywhere and send in a check and photo myself for nothing. They let you think they were doing all that for you. I am glad my credit card company takes of fraud like this and will reimburse me. DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE.

sayng
10/25/15

I started ordering from this site thinking it was part of the US government. The name suggested that and there was an American flag. I was not in a hurry so I specified the slowest delivery. When I got close to submitting my order I noticed that had added a $35 surcharge for overnight delivery. That's when I realized it was a scam and I abandoned my order. Now they are emailing me to get me to come back and finish. No way!

markc136
9/28/15

Google pointed me to this website. It became clear after the initial screens that they are a scam and they keep $45.00 even if you try to cancel the service within the allowed 3 business days.

aaronh42
1/29/15

Complete scam. Do not use uspassportonline.com. They make you do the same work as you would though the Department Of State and if you cancel will change you a $45+ fee for "reserving a slot".

rr43
1/21/15

This is a scam. This is not an official website. If you have been scammed but this unethical company, please file a complaint with the better business bureau.

bethanyf5
8/12/14

I would not recommend this site to my worst enemy. You are wasting $134, still paying a $170 government fee and $25 postal fee, by using this site and it is sketchy. Why do they need 2 copies of everything when the government needs just one?
I recommend going to the official government site and just filling out the forms and following the directions. It will cost $170 for expedited and $110 non-expedited.
STAY AWAY!!

jasonr43
7/28/14

It is my new goal in life to shut this place down. They would not give mea refund, they told me it was against their policy. DO NOT USE THIS Service, they are not nice and made it WAY more confusing than it is. I am excited for the day they are shut down, because they only pray off people who are ignorant.

kimp24
7/7/14

Complete scam!! Do not use this website. The usps will do it for less money and these people are a bunch of idiots. I called immediately to cancel and was still charged $45. The people were extremely rude and uncooperative. STAY AWAY!!!!

robertl88
3/1/14

I wish I saw these reviews before I sent in the order. This site is misleading. I called them immediately and they are still trying to charge a $45 reservation fee. Lucky, my credit card company blocked the payment. STAY AWAY!!

danm66
2/26/14

I paid for their service and waited for any indication that they had heard from me except to collect my money and put me into a US State Department web site. I called and was told it usually takes some hours to process. Having no time left, I cut a check from my account and went to the post-office with the forms.

THEY PROVIDED ABSOLUTELY NO SERVICE AND ARE A SCAM!

carpj
1/25/14

cheat cheat cheat cheat...... scamming for your personal information they dont need... to send you copies of forms you can download from government site or get at post office.... lies.... lies .... worried about identity theft at this point..... cancel your credit card asap there is hope you can stop payment if you do it fast enough..

joshj7
1/22/14

This website is a scam. They say they expedite but they don't. All you do is fill out the forms and then you have to do everything anyway. If you go to far they charge you 45.00 for doing nothing. After realizing this was a scam I submitted a letter to them within 5 minuted and they just don't care. There customer service is a joke. After submitting more than 4 emails they will not do anything so I will make it my business that no one else gets ripped off.

irinan
1/21/14

USPASSPORTONLINE SOUNDS LEGID, BUT TOTAL FARAUD!! STAY AWAY!!
This site is cheating. You will pay for nothing. After completing the form and paying directly to this site, you anyway have to go to the post office and send all the documents yourself and pay government fee in full. If you want to abandon this service you anyway will also pay $ 45 cancellation fee. They earn on confidence of people to the site name, but actually do nothing.

eusebioq
3/15/13

"Extremely" disappointed with this service!!!! The original contacting agent provided incorrect information which resulted in my active passport getting confiscated causing further delays. The agent was very rude and confrontational, so I requested to speak with the supversor who was exactly the same! Unprofessional and Inefficient!!! A complete waste of money ($200).

kristenk3
3/15/13

You can do the same exact thing by just going into a post office that accepts passport applications. Save the money and the stress and do not use this website! They scam you out of your money. They will not give you a refund, even if it is within 24 hours of your reservation. Luckily my credit card company cancelled things before it got too far. Thank goodness I didn't send in my picture, birth cert, etc! A passport is a big deal, don't try to rush things. I was able to speak to the supervisor and she began to raise her voice and yell at me when I was simply asking a question or 2 about their policy. Not a good way to run a business... I don't even think they're service is legit and within U.S. borders.

daveb51
2/27/13

I am actually a travel writer. A friend of mine told me about this company and their charges. I told him to immediately call them back and cancel the order. That is where we learned of the $45 non-refund. I had him call the company and give them permission to speak to me. I told them who I was, what I did and that what exactly did they do to "earn" the $45 fee. I was told it was to "reserve" an expedited service and that this company is "licensed" by the Passport Office. I told him he was full of it, there is no such thing as "reserving" an expedited passport nor is any company "licensed" by the Dept. of State. I was told I did not know what I was talking about and was disconnected.

#1 Had my friend contact his credit card company to put in a dispute and stop payment.
#2 I explained to the credit card company the deceptive practices used by this company
#3 I assured all involved I would be writing about this company immediately.

This company offers a "service" that is simply a fools errand. They misrepresent themselves and flat out lie on who they are.

joshp13
1/7/13

Not only did they tell me they wouldn't refund my full amount of money with in 12 hours of me submitting an application, they haven't refunded any of it. This cumpany is scum and I don't know how they stay in business. If there are no services rendered, how do they feel they can steal someones money.

trevorj7
8/3/12

these guys have all their legal bases covered, but it doesnt mean thay arent total scumbags selling snake oil. I should have read the disclaimer but I was fooled by the "authorized by the us state department" claim (i contacted the US State Department and they said they in no way shape or form authorized or endorse this company.)

Theres a whole story to my experience but the bottom line is these people are running a really scummy business and they are rude arrogant and have no idea that what they do is completely wrong.

wesleyc1
4/14/12

This is a complete scam, don't even try to get service from them, the website itself is misleading. I thought i can trust them. but you end up doing all the work yourself anyways.

markb50
4/6/12

This is a scam. Was trying to renew a child's passport and when I realized that they could be of no help they had already charged my card. I did not even get a confirmation page so I did not think the order had been processed. I called them immediately and they are trying to charge a $45 reservation fee. This is bogus. No legitimate company would treat customers this way. STAY AWAY.

michaeln8
6/6/11

Complete Scam... This is not 1990 anymore. If you live in a regular suburban city, its DOESN'T take 6-8 weeks to get your passport. This company can get it for you MAYBE a week before the government (at their standard rate). Definitely not worth $130 for a week faster (emergencies excluded)... Even if its an emergency, the US government has a $60 expedited fee (half this company's)... Just a complete waste of time and money. USE A ".GOV "

robertl17
5/12/11

Had to travel overseas on short notice for work. Fedexed them my paperwork on Friday had a new passport at 9:30am on Tuesday. I was a bit nervous that something would go wrong with the process and called them a few times to make sure everything was in order and they were very reassuring on the phone. The whole operation worked like clockwork. I highly recommend this service. It's not cheap, but this was so much easier than trying to navigate the State Department's system.

seon-jooy
1/25/11

I was misled to believe that I can use their service to renew my child's passport and paid them $127.00. When I got everything ready and went to the post office, I had to bring my spouse and my child all together. Why did they even tell me to send them my documents? I had to do it myself anyway. After I filed the renewal myself I called them for a refund. The answer was flat out "0". USPASSPORTONLINE SOUNDS LEGID, BUT TOTAL FARAUD!! STAY AWAY!!