US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

sams8

You may or may not get your order and have to cancel after waiting a couple of weeks for your order. (in 15 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

hagenb
8/2/14

Really poor customer service. It took a really long time to get the order shipped.

wendyh21
5/18/14

I give this company a zero. The very expensive gas range we purchased for our son for Christmas came with a huge dent in the top. It should be a crime to sell damaged merchandise as new. Do not do business with this company!!!

kylew22
3/11/14

awful awful awful

dylanm31
1/3/14

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM US APPLIANCE! This is the first time I have ever written one of these reviews about a company, but I feel so strongly about the poor service that came from this company that I had to write it. We purchased all of our new appliances (7 items total) from US Appliance because they were undoubtedly cheaper, but the lower cost isn't worth it! They take so long delivering items and they come damaged that it ends up costing the same as other companies when all is said and done.. and you have to wait for literally months to have your items delivered in good condition! We ordered all of our appliances back in October and were promised they would be to us in 2-3 weeks and we still do not have 2 of our items --- 2 1/2 months later. 2 of the items (the most expensive ones) came damaged to us and the delivery company they use is horrendous! Please take my advice and DO NOT order from them. I hope if you do use them that you have better luck than we did, and if you do order expect huge delays and frustration. If they had a zero star rating, that's what I would give them."

gretar
5/17/13

DON'T buy from them. I ordered a washer and dryer and opened them shortly after they arrived and notified them there was damage to the dryer (scratches on one side and out of alignment as if it had been twisted). It happened to be trash day, so in the meantime I put the box at the curb. When I spoke with customer service they would not take it back, would not return my follow up email. You could tell by the questions their person asked were designed to find any reason not to accept a return the appliance.

I wish I had found all the negative reviews prior to ordering from thm. Shame on you US appliance!!! I will never order from them again.....

shanec10
9/16/12

I ordered two range hoods, one of them is a Kobe brand. At the time the site said they carried them and charged me money.

I didn't receive anything for over a week and then they sent me a note asking me to
call them. It took me 3 days to finally get through the waiting and spoke to some one. I was told then they couldn't find me the Kobe hood. When I told them I wanted to cancel the order for both things, the operator said fine in a very rude way. They did send me a cancel notice in email but didn't refund my money until I asked PayPal to resolve dispute.

It's a very bad experience and won't use them again.

kathyr9
6/20/12

Ordered it (clothes Dryer) because of good price...However after many days still said processing online. I called and was told 10 more days to get it to N.Y. and then they would expedite to me because of the wait...Long story short over a month! To get it to New York Their warehouse. Then to me in GA. You can get stuff from other countries faster than that....So I cancelled the order. I was also told by US Appliance this clothes dryer was on back order in the whole U.S. Called HH Greg ordered it today will be in by ten am friday They had 15 of them in Atlanta. US Appliance lies!

chrism53
4/11/12

Avoid at all costs! They don't stand behind their merchandise or their shipping. Damaged goods? Too bad, you're on your own. The internet is a big place. Keep shopping. Deal with a company that values your business. Stay away!

deniseh2
3/1/12

I ordered a Refridgerator in January, recieved it and it wouldn't turn on. Called the company and they made US call a local repair seervice. Took another week to get him here. Turns out the motherboard is broken. They REFUSED to replace it and I was told I have to have a new part put in. So I guess my brand new appliance is now a repaired appliance. Well I was told the part would take 2 weeks. Talked to them today and was told the end of March. No one will do ANYTHING to help us, our fridge is still sitting in the kitchen. NEVER order from here, go to your local appliance dealers. We have no recourse, not a thing will be done. They refuse to replace it. The difference in cost was under a hundred dollars and the trouble is SO not worth it. Again, pay a few dollars extra to get much better customer service!!

kimk11
2/2/12

I ordered two expensive machines from them--an LG washer and dryer. When the washer came damaged, they did nothing to help me. Their customer service was indignant and their delivery horrible. They claim that I didn't report the damage (which could not be seen from the outside of the box) to them within 24 hours--which I had. Their "Best" was for me to pay to ship it back and restock it. Then they might consider giving me some money back. Insulting in every way.

jimr11
1/19/12

It isn't the website per-say it is the merchant behind it US Appliance.
Beware Ordering from US Appliance. I won't saw they are CROOKS or Con men. But what they do is very close to unethical.
I was very hesitant using US Appliance, because of the recent reviews of customers waiting weeks for their appliances only to be informed that their order was cancelled. On 12/31/2011, I placed an order from US Appliance for a Whirlpool stainless steel double convection oven. On January 19, 2012 I receive an email informing me that my order was cancelled and it would be 2-3 days before I would have the refund credited back to my charge card. In my case US Appliance was no help in finding any replacement for the Whirlpool Double Oven I ordered. From other review sites that I have looked at this seems to be Standard Operating Procedure at US Appliance. "

adanp1
1/18/12

Horrible customer service. If you have to make a return they are going to rake you over the coals. I suspect they are very small, like less than 10 employees. Only 1 sales person and 1 customer service person...

bdj
11/25/11

"Beware of this company, i have filed a compliant with the BBB because US Appliance is a False Advertising/Bait and Switch scam company. I purchased a tv and received a conformation email detailing my order. The next day I receive this letter:

"We apologize but at the time you placed your order, the price of the item listed below was incorrect on our website. Due to this issue, we have canceled the order. No further action is required on your part and we are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

PN59D550 Samsung 59" Series 5 Plasma 3D 1080p HDTV

Please do not respond to this email as this is an unmonitored account. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us toll free at 877-628-9913. "

Emailed to complain with no answer!.

Called to inquire into why it was cancelled and was told I am SOL! Rude salesperson answered.

DO NOT BUY from this company. They could care less about customer satisfaction!!!

From what i found online, US Appliance has price errors often and I mean often! They do this to drive traffic to their website in hopes you will buy other products as well. These are not actual price errors, but a False Advertising/Bait and Switch scam to get you to visit their website. Considering the number of "price errors" means one of two things: 1.) the are guity of False Advertising or 2.) it is actual human errors as they claim. However, considering their business is being an E-Retailer they would have procedures in place to limit this from occuring time and time again. So either they are the WORST managed company on the internet and should not be trusted or they are in fact committing False Advertising crimes to drive traffic to their website. I am very disappointed in their business practices and would advise everyone to avoid this company.

leonardr1
5/20/11

I purchased a GE Builders Special Appliance Package.
Three appliances were stainless steel with black sides and trim and one appliance was stainless steel with light gray sides. They are unacceptable for use in any kitchen as a set.
The company was contacted but was not helpfull.

jessej1
5/13/11

Overall it's been a very bad experience with US Appliance. They delivered a damaged dishwasher and I was told I wouldn't be compensated in any form for having to take another day off of work to be home when the replacement was delivered. But when I called them back to let them know the fridge was too big to fit they told me I'd have to pay a 10% restocking fee, plus shipping to and from the warehouse. So when they mess up it's on you and if you mess up and don't measure correctly.......well that's on you also. If they're shipping the damaged dishwasher back to the warehouse as well as shipping a new one to my house, why do I have to pay shipping for the new fridge that fits correctly? They also told me when I called and informed them of the damaged dishwasher to just go to a local store and buy a replacement and they would take the charge for the damaged one off my bill. I purchased them as a set for a reason.....to match!

It's been over a month and my kitchen is still without the new fridge and dishwasher. Do yourself a favor and go to a local appliance store. The amount of money you MIGHT save isnt worth the added aggravation.

sams8
2/17/11

BUYER BEWARE!!!

They seem to be taking orders and not be able to process them. I have been extremely dissatified with these guys. They seem to have lied repeatedly to me. You may or may not get your order and have to cancel after waiting a couple of weeks for your order.

So I placed my order over the phone on 2/14 and was told that I would get an email confirmation later that day or the next day. I even started a 'LIVE AGAIN' thread here on SlickDeals for the TV.

I followed up the next day (2/15) and was told the order had processed and the email would be going 'now'. No email came AND my card was charged.

Followed up the next day (2/16), again I was told that the order is processed and the email is going out 'now'. No email. Waited a couple of hours. Called again in the afternoon. Now I was told (and here it gets ridiculous) that the email might not even have gone into my spam folder but have been blocked completely by gmail and was asked for another email address. News for you USAppliance - if email service providers are blocking your emails that they don't even go into spam folders then you have a problem. A big problem. A big problem trying to do business over the internet.

Anyways so now they had another email address for me. Still no email.

USAppliance is telling me that the order has 'processed', they have charged my card but they will not send me a confirmation email or give me a confirmation number despite having my money. Everytime I call to ask them they lie by telling me it's going out 'now' and putting me off. And make excuses like gmail blocks us so it doesn't even get to the spam folder. COME ON!!!

I send a message to the USAppliance person monitoring threads on Slickdeals. This is what he tells me:

"We are short a few TVs and are transferring units from local B&M warehouses to fill the last dozen or so orders we are short.
There is also a shipment on the way from Panasonic.
Your order is only 2 business days since processed so even if it takes 3 more business days to ship out, you should have it around our 7 - 10 business day timeframe.
I apologize for the miscommunication."

STILL no email or confirmation number!!!

Anyways 2/17 - I cancel my order and dispute the charge with my credit card provider. I place an order for the same TV with Amazon. It's scheduled to be delivered Feb 22 and has already shipped out. Woohoo!

No more shady merchants like USAppliance. I'll pay a couple of bucks more and stick with the good guys.

katherines1
12/30/10

WORSE WORSE WORSE!!! PLACE EVER!! Would not recommend them at all!! Had a renovation loan pay them to send me all new appliances for my newly purchase home. Took them 3 months to send me one damn appliance, they still have my check for the last one, which they have had for over a month and I have yet to have the appliance!! Considering filing a law suit!!! My order has been open with them since July 6, its Decemeber 30 and I still have not received my last appliance!! Then had the lady Jennifer who was covering my order, LIE and say she has called me and spoken to me about what has been happening......thats what she wrote in her notes!! She has yet!! to call me! She has not once done so to handle anything, the reason I even got the other appliances is because I called her supervisor to handle it! Every time I wrote her an email it has taking her 1 to 2 weeks just to reply to me!! Ridiculous!!!! Then when I asked for the cooperate offices number the supervisor told me straight up "I am not going to give it to you".......WOW!! he probably was worried and knew I would get them all in trouble!! Places like this should just be shut down!!! So we can deal with people for actually care about their customers, instead of going through and wasting time on crappy business like this one!!!

lawrencey
12/11/10

It's a TRAP!

richardk8
12/2/10

The website is ok. When you place a bundle pack deal online you need to get to the last stage with putting in credit card details in order to see a discount and see how much it is, which is nerve racking. That said the price on the website discounted was beaten by a phone call to the sales line who promised a price of $1,846 all in with free shipping, versus the discount from $3.5k down to $2.1k online. So it pays to speak to someone, or does it.. I placed the order for a Samsung 3D tv with the bundle at the beginning of the week. I also added in a warranty which was better value than the other stores could provide, including square trade. I am now wondering what I have purchased, if anything at all. Daily phone calls have gone around to voicemail boxes and left unreturned. The order is still being processed ! I was however sent an order confirmation email for the warranty and the invoice, so have been charged for that already ! When I call up they don't recognise the invoice number on the pdf doc that they themselves sent ! In short they have so far robbed me blind of a warranty for a product which they have not processed yet. Then factor on 10 days minimum to get the product delivered and you are averaging between 2 weeks and a month at a time from picking up the phone for the first time to calling them for the last time with your lawyers details. I would recommend saving a) your phone bills b) your stress levels c) your own time and just order from a reputable site. The cost savings in theory havent materialised in practice. It will end up Net flat and a month later than a normal store. With all that said, they do say they are busy. Then again, so am I which is why I ordered online rather than in a store in person. Morale of the story is again, if its too good to be true, it is.

lb4
7/29/10

Weeks after ordering, vent hood arrived damaged. Totally messed up our kitchen remodel. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!

toddj1
6/24/10

Why would you bother to have a dept called customer care if you don't give a hoot about your customers? They claimed to have left me a message for the delivery of my TV, but no messages or calls in my history. Then 2 days later I call to check on the status, and they tell me they can't deliver for another four days. I ws using the TV for a party that was before this delivery date. The delivery date they say it should be there by already came and went. When I told them I needed it before that date for my party they responded with, "So are you telling me you want to cacel yur order?" Piss Poor customer service. They try to bully you, and tell you how it is going to be. Well, lets see how you feel when I charge back the purchase. Go to hell U.S. Appliance you SUCK!

georgen
2/10/10

I found US Appliance during a routine internet search while I was shopping for my new Sharp LC-52SE94U LCD HDTV. Being the online affiliate of a local company in my state of Michigan, ABC Warehouse and having been in business for almost as many years as I have been around made the decision to use them very comfortable. I was apprehensive to use an online retailer to get a discount on my tv over the big retail stores after reading reviews about the outfits mainly in New York. I have determined that the guys in the Big Apple are nothing more than scam artists with hard upsells and very bad attitudes if you the customer have issues, but I digress. U.S. Appliance had an excellent price offering on my tv with free white glove home delivery. My email inquiries were answered promptly and very much to my satisfaction. Their order processing went smoothly and with much attention to detail. The upshot being I ordered my tv on a Monday and it was delivered to my door on Saturday morning! Their delivery people were very curtious in helping me move my old tv, un pack the new Sharp LCD and place it where I needed it to be. Thank you very much U S Appliance!! I'll be back!!!

G.N. - Wyoming

mikey2
2/6/10

poor customer service

tatyanae
12/22/08

Do not buy from this website - <p>I was looking for a gas oven and came across this website. I placed a seach for gas ovens in their search system and an oven came up. It was just what I thought I was looking for: right color and right dimensions. There wasn't a word in the product description that said that it's an electric oven. I purchased it thinking that I'm buying a gas oven. When we received it, I realized that I bought the wrong one. When I called them they said that because there is very few people that look for gas ovens, it's not specified anywhere in the product description whether it's a gas or electric oven. I was in that group of a very few people and I got punished; now I have to pay a 15% re-stocking fee to return it.
This is very unfair, misleading, and gives a consumer the incorrect information and forces them to purchase wrong products. They didn't want to accept that their search system was wrong.

Tatyana</p>

user119
10/24/08

damaged product for the price of new - Recently I have bought new appliances from this site and paid full price for them.Then the refrigerator arrived it was in the perfect package and we didn't open it because our house was under construction. In a week we decided to open new refrigerator and were shocked!!!!! The back of refrigerator was all damaged (there is a lot of dents and the hole filled by some white glue and there was a tape on top of this hole+smashed plastic wire). I call to Us-appliance but they told me if package was perfect it means the factory had sent damaged product and this is not their fault/I was told to call to warranty department.I bought Frigidaire side-by-side refrigirator for 1300$. I called to warranty department, the local repairman came, check, open the claim and already for almost 3 weeks no any return call and solution for this problem/As a result we cannot use this refrigerator. I recalled to Electrolux warranty(this is our warranty department/As I know they bought Frigidaire)and I was put on hold for like almost an hour and at the end they told me they call later today.The worsest service in my life. Don't buy stuff from Us-Applince.com-it's a big scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!