US Government's NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

martinm77
4/12/15

I placed an order for a car in January 2015. Shortly after sending payment in full for the amount specified on the proforma invoice (the official contract) I received a message from the supplier saying they couldn't ship it to Liverpool (as agreed) and could I pay a further $1000 to have it shipped to Southampton instead. Naturally I rejected this. After a further month, the supplier decided to tell me he had cancelled the order. However, the supplier did not inform Tradecarview, who then refused to refund my money (which they still hold) as they had not had email confirmation from the supplier that the deal was cancelled. I have sent over 37 pages of emails to the supplier, on a weekly basis, asking politely for them to send a confirmation of cancellation to TradeCarView - all without response.

Despite providing TradeCarView with five full transcripts (including ip addresses) of all correspondence with the supplier, I am still waiting for a refund. Each email I now send goes into a black hole for at least two weeks, without response. When I try to use the 24/7 'customer Support' service (online chat) I get the same useless response of, I will now escalate your case to Head Office. All I can say is that Head Office must either be on the 10,000 floor, or all of the people there have their heads up their ar$es.

I would no more recommend TradeCarView to anyone than I would sell my grandmother for medical research. They claim to be a joint venture with Microsoft and Yahoo Japan Corporation - I think that is as much flannel as their claim to respond to all customer service enquiries in two days - I'm into my third week for my latest attempt to get my money back, and if I was a betting man, I'd probably put a few quid on losing my shirt.

Appalling, unresponsive, untrustworthy, uncommunicative, unhelpful and unwilling to give me my money back, despite me being the injured party here.

If they were an animal, I would have nipped out for a shotgun by now.

kamushanap
2/3/15

I bought my Xtrail thru Prosper. Prosper made rate by themself. But the rate is wrong. They changed all millege as low as. I found it thru cancellation paper. Then they say" Soory^^"
All the mileage on Prosper might be changed. Dont buy it there. You will cry.....
If you doubt ... go to the site, then ask them the cancellation paper. You will get it

gerdao
12/30/14

BEWARE!!!! I bought a 2004 Hilux Vigo in October 2014 through a dodgy agent in the name of Victor. In receiving the proforma invoice payment of the AGREED price, he demanded an extra US$2000 before he could release B/L. When the car arrived it had a dent which was not revealed in the photos It also arrived with no jack or wheel spanner and to top it all, it had an immobilizer(also not revealed in details & photos) which went off by accident and there were no reset keys supplied. Contacted the dodgy agent and he said he cant find the previous owner. If you read this review "VICTOR" or whoever you are, This is my rating for you and your company. " YOU ARE SICK"

fredricko3
10/19/14

I award nine in a scale of one to ten. I bought a car from ZEST company the transactions were fast,shipment even faster. When I received my car the interior was clean, the exterior no dent at all. Thank you Yoshi of ZEST in Tradecarview.

ruthm25
9/20/14

II rate them 8 on a scale of 1 to 10. Bought my first car from trade car view n 3wks I had it in Kenya. I found them reliable n the car got home in gd condition
Please don't trade offline coz that's how many get into sour deals

rafaela19
9/18/14

i put 5 star on how quickly the seller shipped the item to avoid the pay trade to do any inspection, pay trade didn't stop the seller from shipping the car before inspection, and they passed it on without inspection, which is a service i paid for, they couldn't do much after shipping, the car had accident history undiscloused by the seller and not suitable for NZ Roads, cost me $1750 to get compliance and engineering report, be aware of this trader, dishonest, never trade again either with him or on this website either

henrikn2
5/3/14

As I've understood it, this page is like an eBay for JDM cars. This site states that your satisfaction is important to them, but the terms are written in a way that protects them from any responsibility. The scam protection systems are mostly there to help you in case you don't receive your vehicle at all.

Tradecarview is a great place to find sellers that sells used vehicles from Japan, but the buyer protection isn't very good. Before buying something, do a lot of research outside tradecarview to make sure it's a legit seller.

alexanderb40
2/24/14

Bought a car off the website. When I received it, the motor was blown. The company that sold it to me, SHIBAGAKI TRD just insisted that the engine was in good condition when it was shipped. The paint on the roof was also oxidized badly, which was quite obvious, but they intentionally avoided showing in their pictures, and did mention. When I first inquired about the car, I specifically asked if it would pass Japanese vehicle inspection requirements, upon which they insisted that it would. However, the exhaust also leaks, and a car that barely runs, pushes exhaust out the dipstick tub, and billows coolant smoke will not even come close to passing inspection.

When i contacted tradecarview.com, they simply said they take no responsibility for false advertising and fraud on their website, that the only thing they can help with is if the vehicle is never shipped/received, but I find it hard to believe they would even help with that.

Bottom line, if you value your time and money, do not use tradecarview.com, and most of all do not buy a vehicle from SHIBAGAKI TRD. There is a reason why these guys are not an accredited business in Japan (because they're frauds).

pierrep10
2/6/14

I have used tradecarview payment service a few weeks ago to import a car to Kenya. After I wired the money to their bank account, though my bank gave me a firm confirmation that the transaction was completed, trade car view Kenya did not see the money for many days. I had to call their bank in Muthaiga twice and follow up every day, four days latter, they confirmed me over the phone they've seen the money. For them to confirm the money reception to the seller, it was a nightmare and endless waiting time. I'm writing this review while the seller still does not have the confirmation of the money recived by carview, hopefully with more follow ups and phone calls, there might be a slight change.

brians87
1/13/14

Out of my personal experience I think that tradecarview is a great site that brings many dealers under one roof for buyers to select best deals. It is no different like other websites in the US, cars.com, autotrader.com which brings many dealers under one roof. Even on the best sites you will always find one bad dealer, and some crooks out there to get you. Word of cauction!!!! Do your homework before you shop. Buyers shop at tradecarview because they are looking for cheaper deals. The sellers mainly list themselves as exporters, and majority do not sell the cars locally. If you want a great used car from Japan with guarantee on condition, the best place to shop is directly from the local used car dealers, ( mainly not listed in tradecarview and in most case they 100% Japanese speaking dealership, no foreign language!, Plus the cars are more expensive doh!). Having said that, I think tradecarview is a great site, that tries to bring different dealer under one roof and the buyers and compare prices and avoid being ripped off. Tradecarview recently opened regional offices overseas. They can only do this because they have a big and growing customer base.

I hope my comments here shines light to those who wrote negative reviews earlier.

rogerj9
1/12/14

Definitely avoid tradecarview as they are in cahoots with car dealerships in Japan to sell cars. Their reviews of dealers are not fair and accurate and they control what is put online. It is not like Amazon.com where a buyer can rate products and vendors freely. Be especially careful of the vendor, Global Partners Co. Ltd., which is a fraudulent business rated so highly on tradecarview!

sothap
10/30/12

Tradecarview.com claim that all seller in their list are reliable, but not a single company in their list is verified by Japan Company Trust Organization (JCTO) which is an Anti-fraud Organization in Japan.

My advice is DO NOT send money to any tradecarview.com recommended company. They all are scams and cannot passed JCTO Scrutiny. Be careful.

amm3
7/5/12

They all wanna be dealers. Most are rookies sitting there to rip people off. And i can confirm that the company called C.T.G Group buy cars from jap auctions wind back the kilometers to almost half and put it up for sale on tradecarview. I wont be shocked if the rest of them are doing the same. I wouldnt recomment my enemy to buy from this site. I have even heard they just take any pictures from other dealer sites and ship you a similar car or even different colors and thats IF they ship you a car for your money at ALL !!!!!!!!!! SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

matsuoy
7/30/10

Just googling hem, you can see what a lot of scams and frauds are alluded to them. On their home page, they say tht they verify the sellers authenticity. But in another place they say they do not hold responsibilty. So are they just making up their own companies. Unbelievable that they ruin the reputation of Japanese people.

sergeyi
4/18/10

From my experience, it is a small bunch of Japanese people who have found a way to rip people off. Generally the Japanese are known for their politeness. But when I call them it is the same 3 people who answer in the rudest possible way. Are they linked to some fraudulent companies and extorting money from innocent people? Well, time will tell. Japanese authorities are smart. If they get caught, that will will be for good.

andyy
10/11/09

I have to agree 100% with the other reviewers. The site owners need to better screen the sellers or the site is useless. These small no name sites are DANGEROUS! Stick with the big names like carsdirect and the other ones you see on TV at least they are reputable.

tonyn1
10/7/09

This website is a complete rip off, they advertise to have carefully selected the sellers but it is absolutely not the case. I used a company reccommended by them called 41 export inc but turns out they are crooks. Their customer service is non existant!!! DO NOT USE THIS SITE

lauram2
9/5/09

www.tradecarview.comjp advertise lots of different car exporters giving them gold stars, verified business member for 2 years then you get ripped off you can,t contact them they don't reply to your email we had to phone another jp car exported asking how they contact tradecarview you ring them stressing you have been ripped off by someone on there web site and they palm you off give him another month to contact you i would never of used 41export only that he was on there web site verified valued member etc there English is rubbish and there attitude is terrible.Laura

3 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the TradeCarView staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: what about next age cars?are they legit?
11/27/11
Answer
kapelwal
A: I want to Know wether this company is registered with you? if Yes. Why have they removed the following car form your websit. Help me before I send the TT copy to them.
Company: YANAGISAWA MOTORS.
Vehicle: 1997 TOYOTA TOWNACE NOAH - Chssis No: SR40-0017815 Ref # 11060294KY1
My registration Name with tradecarview is : kapelwalikando , E-mail address: kapelwalikando@yahoo.com

PLEASE HELP ME.
6/17/11
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: hello I need to contact tradecarview
5/20/15
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the TradeCarView staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

TradeCarView?