US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

christieb3

Their customer service is the best I have ever dealt with. (in 63 reviews)

stephaniet19

My order was shipped the day after it was placed and it arrived 2-3 days later; exactly as the tracker said it would. (in 165 reviews)

yaharinb

i bought this dress: http://www.tobi.com/product/56713-tobi-out-of-bed-maxi-dress?color_id=79169
(in 102 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

ridhuant
4/22/15

this happened to me twice. they cancelled my purchases for no reason. when emailed why they cancelled my purchase, they sent a $#*!ing automated response saying they need further verification. fyi, i gave them the 6-digit verification code. they cancelled my order anyway. called the bank to see what they could do. they bank said my payment got through. there was no problem from the bank. it is the $#*!ing tobi that's the problem! i kept emailing them and messaged them on Facebook (i was THAT desperate) but no one replied. no ONE! they couldn't care less the trouble their customers face.worst customer service ever. unhelpful! what a waste of time and money

vivianeh1
4/22/15

So I have bought my pant from this site and it has been one of my favourite so far ($40 with 50% off) it's lined and the material is pretty. I can even send you photos for verify it.

Hmm about the price, it's not exactly the price range I'm looking for. Their stuffs aren't the cheapest and the best so I do not shop their often.

But so far I don't think there is any problem with this site. I will continuously look and see if they have good stuffs for a good price.

rachellea
4/21/15

Absolutely awful. I had never ordered from Tobi before and went by their size guide. I ordered this dress in an XS and I'm a size 32C. This dress probably needs a 34DD just to stay up…it is SO large and loose I don't know what on earth to do with it now. Never ordering from them again.

jennab8
4/21/15

I was very nervous buying from Tobi because:
1) Duties to Canada can be crazy expensive
2) Hearing the material is so cheap
3) Scared the size wouldn't fit and I'd have to pay for shipping from Canada again

But I did it anyways and I'm happy I did. I didn't get charged any duties which was awesome. Their clothes are amazingly cute and come exactly how picture, but some of the materials are sooo cheap and see-through. The sizing was true to size and my clothes fit good. Also it came from USA to Canada within a week.

All and all even though some of the material is so cheap, I am happy.

joannah7
4/21/15

Tobi used to be great up until recently. They have some great stuff, however they're all at absolutely ridiculous prices. I think this is because of the fact that you get 50% off your first order, and theres 30% off all new items for a specific period of time. So because they know that majority of their customers are going to be getting a discount on their purchases, they've made the original pricing REALLY high! The clothing is decent, but goes nowhere near justifying a short, sleeveless shift dress costing over $100.

saraf16
4/18/15

The material is so cheap and the stitching is horrible. I bought two dresses half off thinking I was getting a good deal, but the quality in person is so bad. Really nice looking items but they should lower their prices and get better quality material. Only good thing is the free shipping and it only took 2 weeks even though they said 3-4, but that's about it.

wendym34
4/10/15

I read the reviews and I was scared buying a dress there since it was only $10! But I went through with it and got it and I was in love! It arrived in 3 days and it is great quality! :) I swear I'm not making this up haha :)

sofiag2
4/6/15

the quality is poor as well as the service, in order for you to exchange sizes you must order again, also a lot of the beautiful clothes you see on the website are not so beautiful in person. do not waste your money or your time with this website. I will never order from Tobi again.

shelbys12
3/29/15

I bought from Tobi because they were reccomended to me by a friend. I was so excited to receive my order in the mail. It came yesterday and the only reason I am not sending every last item back, is because a couple of the items I bought are final sale and nonreturnable. The "Forever crossed shift dress" feels like paper, the material is so cheap and it's completely see through. The "Devine love skirt" is designed for someone who has no hips or butt whatsoever, even though I used the size guide and chose my size based on that. The "caged in maxi dress" is designed for someone who likes to show their nipples while wearing the dress because the neckline hangs incredibly low. And there is stitching hanging out all over the place on this dress. I would have to get it altered and cleaned up in order for the dress to look less sloppy. I never write reviews, but this just pushed me over the edge. Forever21 and Love Culture are 10 times better than Tobi and they are less expensive. And at least when I order from them, the items I receive will fit properly and won't look like a middle school sewing project...

jenniferk47
3/28/15

I got four dresses from tobi! I will link them so you can know!
I got this dress in black in a xsmall
I got this in a xsmall
I got this in white xsmall
I got this in navy xsmall

I was most nervous about sizing. I am 5ft and 103 lbs. I was worried it was either gonna be too small or too big because I have curves. this xsmall fit me just right. the "call me sweet dress" is loose so it was perfect. The plaid dress was perfect in xsmall because it was loose as well. The quality of those dresses they are not cheap material. when you feel it. It is H&M Urban Outfitters quality. The the other two dresses were more fitted in the sense they both have zippers it was defintely a tight fit. So def size up for more structured type dresses especailly ones with zippers. My package came within a week of ordering! super fast super reliable so far!

rubyh19
3/27/15

I don't understand why they are getting horrible reviews. I've ordered from them several times. One time they sent me the wrong item. However, they let me keep it in addition to sending me the right item and also gave me a coupon code to make up for it. As for the quality, things from tobi have always been well made and nice material. It's obviously not going to feel like designer clothes but it's SO much better than things from forever 21/charlotte russe. Overall, I love Tobi's clothes and they're customer service.

sofiac6
3/26/15

I am so so happy with the purchases I just received from tobi. I ordered them on Sunday night and was hoping they would come before I leave for spring break the best saturday and they came that Thursday!!! I was thrilled to see how early they came and everything fit. I was so nervous that the small was going to be so tiny but I stuck to my gut and everything fits wonderfully. Only bad side is the bottoms to a bathing suit I ordered are so so small but the top fits fine.

adrianag7
3/18/15

Okay, so like all of you, I searched reviews on tobi.com for days before making the decision to order! I was so scared they would be terrible based on the reviews on here...but the products were just what i imagined!!! the fabric for one of them was a little diff. then i pictured, but totally still was cute! I order two dresses in a Large. I don't wear a large, I'm a size 7 5'7 130 lbs.... but on their size chart, it said a Medium was a 6...I didn't want them to be tight, so i went with the large! love them!! and not super hoochy short either, great length. Loved it! I recommend you to take the chance on them. Every thing bought online is a risk, either you'll like it or not, so take a chance on tobi!!

oh and shipping was quick. placed my order Friday, received it Wed. (live in Santa Barbara)

good exp.
will def order again!

Tip for consumers: LOOK AT THE SIZE CHART!!!!!!! DONT JUST ORDER BASED ON YOUR NORMAL SIZE, LOOK AT IT!

sarahj92
3/18/15

I recently bought a medium of the Ever So Scalloped shift dress in a mint color. I was planning on wearing it to my friends wedding but I am sending it back. I immediately knew something was off just looking at it. The shoulders seemed too narrow. Low and behold, the shoulder part was wayyy too high and did not leave any room. The dress bunched up on my chest, making it very very short. My cheeks peaked out under the slip. As for that it fit quite nicely.However, I was severely disappointed considering how expensive it was.

selenag4
3/16/15

I purchased a dress before looking at the reviews. It was a size small and I'm a dress size 4 so I just went with the measurements. It was so tiny it didn't even get over my head. Then the fabric is see through so I couldn't even wear it anyways if it fit! Worst experience ever. Do NOT buy from Tobi!!!

michaelas2
3/14/15

They are very nice and helpful with customer service. I have not regretted a purchase from tobi.com ! they also have great sales… Much love to Tobi

catherinec19
3/11/15

I bought a "coat" and a simple white bodycon dress but I was so incredibly disappointed. The quality is absolute crap and so cheap I would reconsider wearing it out. The "coat" was retailed for OVER a hundred dollars, but when I received it, it was literally a piece of fabric with a hook. Even my friend was like wtf expecting it to be 4 times thicker in comparison to the pictures. And the dress had stains on it, cheap cotton and was see-through. Are you kidding me? Don't ever buy from Tobi. They may have pretty models and nice pictures, but their products are definitely not worth your money. It almost felt like I was scammed by their horrible over-priced clothing, that in reality, would not cost more than $25...

Tip for consumers: Tip: Click away and shop somewhere else.

sarahc98
2/27/15

I was really nervous to buy from Tobi since I had seen quite a few bad reviews about quality or service etc.. but a friend of mine had a great experience and vouched for the quality so I gave it a try. The 50% off was quite an incentive too. I bought 9 items of different materials and I expected a few to not work out but I was wrong. I love every single piece and I'm really excited to wear them! Shipping- it arrived really fast (yay!). Price- Not the best prices, but with 50% off, it's very doable. I can see myself wearing some of these pieces a few times and others I'll probably keep for years because they're SO comfy. So I'm not mad about the price. I will shop there again!

Tip for consumers: Pay attention to the sizing and what type of material. I could see how a lot of this stuff wouldn't work on different body types and I'm more curvy so I had to be very careful about which items I picked.

jasminer14
2/27/15

I've never had a problem with this site I love it , the package comes within a few days they have very unique and stylish clothes (dresses) especially and the prices are reasonable

mariahh4
2/26/15

I have bought a few things from the site, and even had to return an item. The quality is always great, and the returns are processed easily!

annamaly
2/24/15

I love Tobi but not their website. It's a nightmare trying to find a piece in a specific color unless you click through their endless pages and pray that you find something. I also do not like how they show the same item in a different color like a gazillion times. Please display one item 1-2 times max and not for every single color. Save space and save time for the shopper. I wish there was a filtering tool where you can choose color, size, etc.

marcellam
2/20/15

I have been shopping on Tobi for about 2 and a half years now. It is one of the only clothing stores online that I actually trust. Everything I have ever bought on Tobi.com, I've loved. It is hard for me to find clothing that fits well because I am 5 feet tall, 115 lbs, very wide hips and tights, very small waist and chest. In the beginning, I assumed all of their clothes was for tall lean women, but I was wrong! You just need to be smart about what you buy, like if you're going to buy a maxi dress and it's not petite (they don't carry petite sizes, I usually buy XS or S), then anticipate that you're going to have to get the bottom tailored but it should fit. I probably have over 30 articles of clothing from Tobi and some pieces are my favorite things I own. The quality is always good, they prices aren't bad, and I've never had to return anything because i'm always pleased!

Tip for consumers: Definitely try Tobi.com! They're very trendy and pretty affordable for the kind of clothing you're getting!

ml78
2/17/15

I don't normally order clothes online, but they had such a good deal! I placed my order on February 3rd, 2015 and received it on February 16th, 2015 (I chose the USPS First Class International shipping method because who really wants to pay an additional $40?). I was still able to track my package even though I didn't choose the USPS Priority International option (I live in Ontario, Canada by the way). When I received my package I was super excited since this was my first online purchase but I was quite disappointed. I'm only satisfied with 2/5 of the items I purchased. One of the items wasn't even what I ordered, and the other 2 items were too large (Cradle Back dress & Laced in Love romper). The quality of the Cradle Back dress is quite terrible, really thin. I haven't returned the items yet, but I know I'll have to pay an expensive fee to ship it back to the US, FML. Not a happy camper right now. Never online shopping again.

natalief15
2/12/15

Had a horrible experience. Ordered a dress for a specific event and it never came. I would NOT trust tobi with your money!! Go to a different online website, do not use tobi.

stephaniek34
2/11/15

If I could I would give them NO star! Ordered a dress for my daugheter for Christmas. Like most people, I ordered it early. When she opened it the dress was too small. When I went to return it they deducted 50% off the dress because it was over 30 days. And then guess what??? They said they NEVER received the return. In all the years I have mailed packages, they have always gotten there...HMMMM

fernd1
1/26/15

Absolutely awful. Me and my friend ordered about 5 dresses from tobi and they took about 3 weeks to come. When they finally arrived I noticed that they sent me the wrong dress and along with it being the wrong one, the one they sent me was ripped in 2 different places and unwearable. I emailed them explaining that they sent me the wrong one and they said the one I wanted was no longer available and to send the wrong one back for a refund. They also failed to mention that we had to pay $40 for customs separately for shipping to canada

Tip for consumers: Avoid!

krw
1/21/15

I've bought from Tobi many times and I love the quality of their clothes. Shipping is so fast, and always free, both ways. Their customer service is excellent and they are always fast to respond to my emails. I've bought birthday, graduation, and christmas dresses from here and they're always the first website I go to when I need an outfit. They also offer 50% off at least twice a month, can't go wrong with that! Love tobi!!

Tip for consumers: Deff wait for a 50% off promotion!

brittanyb21
1/18/15

So confused on how anyone can rate this website bad. I ordered so many items and everything that came in is absolutely wonderful. I've never even entered a store and tried a bunch of stuff on and liked it all. The clothes fit great and are better quality than I expected for the price point. Aside from the clothing, the customer service is outstanding. Everyone was so helpful. I will definitely be ordering from this website again.

Tip for consumers: Clothes fit great, quick outstanding customer service if you have any questions and such cute fun items available.

abbeyv1
1/15/15

I ordered from this website and bought a cut out teal dress. It arrived and the quality of the material was just awful. It should of had cut outs just under the boob area instead the cut out bits were sat where my boobs were showing off my bra. Not only that but it was soooo short and there was no stretch in the material at all! I wouldn't go as far as saying it felt like cardboard but you get where I'm going with this!Very badly made and of course looked nothing like the picture! Don't waste your money. 50% off for a reason!

Tip for consumers: Don't waste your pennies!

lindak49
1/5/15

My 19 year old daughter was so excited to receive the dress she ordered for her upcoming formal and the wrong product arrived. When she tried to get the issue resolved the customer service rep told her that the original dress ordered was no longer available and that she should sent the incorrect item back and would be refunded for the cost of shipping the return and the cost of the original item. Tobi not only charged her for the original dress but charged her for the incorrect item and they will not acknowledge that they have done this and she has proof. Everything is handled online only and there is no way to call customer service. They don't deserve even 1 star as it does get worse than this. Poor customer service!! What kind of company wants to stay in business if they don't make themselves available when they are in error??

Tip for consumers: don't order from this company!

faniab
12/22/14

I recently bought Along the Boardwalk, Don't Mesh with Me, and the Erykah Maxi dress and I adore all three. I received my package quickly and neatly. I was surprised by the unique materials of all three garments (they have a nice thickness that is still flowy). My only qualm was that I needed to get the straps on my maxi adjusted, because it hung off of my in the worst way (size small, I'm 5'1" with a very limited bust).
I always get compliments on my dresses and just feel good in them overall.
Thumbs up, Tobi!

Tip for consumers: Use the 50%, 40% off and stick with the free priority shipping.

d-w-f-rw
12/20/14

For Christmas, I ordered two items online from Tobi for my Granddaughter. Two unexpected things happened. They offered $50 off on a first-time order, but did not deduct the $50. I paid anyway, because I knew my granddaughter wanted the shirt and sweater. When the garments arrived they were stuffed like rags into the smallest plastic bag you could imagine. Small enough to fit into my mailbox. The shirt looks cheaply made, but the sweater looks okay.

christieb3
12/19/14

I don't know how anyone can give this store 1 star because it is incredible. I am always super worried when I online shop because you never know the quality of the product. Everything I have ever bought was great quality. Shipping is so fast. I receive my product within 3 days from ordering it. Their customer service is the best I have ever dealt with. They accidentally shipped me a product in the wrong color. I hadn't contacted them back for almost 2 months about it because I was so busy with graduate school and traveling and when I did finally contact them they were so helpful! They have a great variety of clothes. Although it is more expensive than stores like forever 21 and charlotte ruse, the quality is much better. I highly recommend.

michellep40
12/16/14

I've shopped on Tobi website many times and it has been absolutely great. It has every type of clothing and the costumer service is fantastic. Every time i order something it ships the next day and is at my house in 2 days. When you email them asking a question they respond in minutes, not to mention being super friendly. They have discounts all the time and free shipping and returns. I don't see why people would not like this website.

adrianah2
12/8/14

Horrible i bought a dress and a jumper quality was cheap and their pricess are too high for what its worth wouldnt recomend it i had to return it dont waste you money wish i wouldve read this reviews before buying anything from their store

lisaa60
12/2/14

Horrible, horrible, horrible purchase. The straps for the body con dress I ordered was laughably loose, the zippers did not work the second time around, and the other skater dress I ordered was not even similar to the one in the picture. A total waste of my $50. STAY AWAY FROM TOBY AT ALL COSTS!

Tip for consumers: Stay away- my best advice

rachelm34
12/1/14

Honestly can't believe all the bad reviews I'm reading! I ordered from Tobi twice, and both times were during one of their 50% off promotions. I'm pretty sure shipping was free too. The items were true to size and were pretty good quality for the price (very similar to Forever 21). It also took less than two weeks to get to me. Anyone complaining about the quality needs to realize that a $10 top won't last forever.

Tip for consumers: Only buy when they have a 50% off promotion.

mahiyah
11/25/14

I've ordered from tobi.com twice. The clothing looks fantastic on their models but keep in mind that the clothing which loots great on their "super thin, no boobs or butt caucasian female" models will not fit that way on the average person at all. I am 5ft, and quite thin, my size is always xs, however for tobi i buy a small because their sizes aren't normal. Now, their shipping speed is quite great, I live in Canada and got my order within a week. Furthermore, for my second order it said shipping information wasn't available so I emailed them but never got a response. However, I facebook messaged their page and got a response within 2 hours. However, when my first order arrived the button on it ripped as I went to go try it on for the first time. Needless to say, I was disappointed. The material is average on their clothing, and therefore their clothes are a bit overpriced. You can shop at tobi.com, but be careful!

taylorj9
11/18/14

I was really nervous because I saw reviews of sizing being off or having issues in general, but thankfully my clothes arrived really fast and they fit perfectly. Don't know what would have happened had I needed to return them (that scared me). I ordered true-to-size and it fits fine (for a skirt and crop top).

amyc22
11/14/14

I was very nervous to order from Tobi after I read a lot of bad reviews. But, the 50% off your first order deal was so great & I found quite a few items that looked really cute, so I just decided to go for it. I ordered 6 items & got my 50% off by putting in the code (keep in mind, I don't think you get half off on things that are already 30% off). I spent over 100$ so shipping was free. Everything arrived in the right color and right size and looked pretty much like I imagined -- definitely not great quality but I feel I got exactly what I expected from a discount store. Every fit true to size & I'm really happy with my order. My advice is just be smart about what you order. I mostly went for cute but pretty simple items that would be hard to mess up. I will definitely order from Tobi again. (Also shipping was right on time. It took about 4 days to get my clothes delivered to the Midwest in US.)

kelseyo1
11/4/14

I love the company and they ship pretty fast. the clothes don't always fit me right but they have wonderful customer service!

dd49
11/1/14

Some of the stuff I really like, fits like it should which is encouraging, but the quality of the clothes is HORRIBLE. Half of the stuff I've bought is already falling apart or ripping and it's been about a month.

danielles21
10/30/14

I ordered a bunch of items from Tobi on October 17th and they arrived to my home in Ontario by October 29th. Everything I ordered was there and I was happy with the quality of the clothing I received. This is the first time I have ordered from Tobi and after reading a bunch of reviews, I was skeptical of ordering from them however I am happy I decided to give it a try and I will definitely be ordering more clothing soon.

amandaf18
10/24/14

I've ordered from Tobi several times - the clothing is not always top quality (but sometimes it's actually really nice, especially for the price) - but they 100% make up for this with the easy, free returns. I have returned at least one item out of almost every purchase I have made with no problem. I actually returned 3 items recently (about 10 days ago) and noticed that I had not received an email or a refund which I usually get pretty quickly. I emailed their customer service with my order number and the items I returned and I got an email by the end of the day that the refund had been processed. One caveat is that I do live in the US and I understand that international shipping may be more difficult, but I've always had a great experience.

For the price, this is a great option for trying out new clothing and they have amazing customer service for what the business is. Will continue to shop with them in the future!

lucyw3
10/22/14

Why is there stuff always out of stock....Where can I get the items that I want??? If your running a business wouldn't you want to restock your items and sale them...Don't get me wrong there clothes are really cute, but everything I want they don't have....

katew27
10/16/14

I am normally a US size 4 and ordered 3 dresses in a size medium since I heard that their dresses run small. The dresses were party dresses for vegas. When the dresses arrived, I tried them on and they appeared to fit perfectly. Yet when I wore them out, I noticed that the dresses would ride up and I would have to constantly keep pulling the dress down to avoid exposing myself. I am 5'6" and athletic yet these dresses were even short on me. The quality of the dresses were also poor.

Tip for consumers: AVOID A WARDROBE MALFUNCTION. DO NOT SHOP HERE!

leannc1
10/7/14

I ordered about 10 items and the quality of the clothes are extremely cheap! These were the worst $#*! STAIN CLOTHES I HAVE EVER ORDERED ONLINE! I ordered two white shirts that clearly looked WHITE online and arrived to me like a over bleached yellowish white! -.- I am so disappointed with my order! If I could I would give them NO STARS!

Tip for consumers: DONT DO IT!

ohaw
10/7/14

Ordered a skirt from them, and got a top with deodorant stains all over it instead. After reading the other reviews I don't know if its even worth is to try and get my money back.

Tip for consumers: Don't buy from them unless you like receiving poor quality clothing or the wrong item.

danieller11
9/29/14

Despite all the wacky reviews I read about this website, I thought what the heck and ordered some things from them. I got 5 shirts and a maxi dress for $114 with their 50% off discount and my items shipped quickly! Pair of sunglasses I ordered ended up selling out but their customer service team was quick to email me and let me know they were sold out and they upgraded my order to free 2 day shipping with no charge because of the inconvenience Each piece of clothing is great quality and they all fit well. I ordered a gorgeous maxi dress for a cruise I'm taking soon and can't wait to wear it! My sisters also ordered some party dresses off this website and loved them as well. Definitely will be ordering more in the future!

tinaw27
9/28/14

I did not receive an order that I placed and tried to contact them for a refund, but they refused to refund me money for a product I never received.
I placed the order on August 18th and ordered over 30 items of clothing for a total of $932.04. I did not go through my items one by one to make sure it was all there, but assumed that it was. When I went back to the website to return a few items, that is when I noticed that I was missing an item from the order. I contacted them immediately because it was still within their 30 day return policy. They refused to refund me my money because I didn't notify them 5 days after I had received the order. It's not noted anywhere on their website about notifying them when you don't receive an item. They send out another swim suit, but I wanted a refund since summer is already over there would be no sense in my getting a swim suit now. They sent it out anyways to an old address which will not get to me anyways. I have had numerous conversations with Tobi's customer service and many of their reps there. They were extremely rude and unprofessional about the matter. I will refuse to pay for an item that I never received. They need to double check the order before they send the package out. The swim sui was $138 dollars and I want a refund for a product that I never received.

Tip for consumers: I would be very careful with ordering any items on this site. I would definitely double check your order, it seems like a scam when they charge you for items they never sent you!

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Tobi staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Does anyone have any exoerience ordering from New Zealand? If so were you charged taxes and how much? My friend has ordered from a USA site and was charged $150 taxes.
5/27/13
susans124
A: Love the prices and designs. Can I return if it doesn't fit correctly? Do they offer even exchange if it doesn't fit right or do they not really give you store credit? I have been screwed in the past and don't want a bad experience
5 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: I have to make a return from two separate orders. Can I return both in one box with a shipping label from the first order? Or do I have to return the items in two separate packages?
1 day ago
lindak49
A: With your best interest in mind, I would advise that you return in separate packages with labels from each order and watch it closely from beginning to end of the return so it doesn't slip through the cracks. Get a tracking number for each also.
1 day ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Tobi staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

14 Photos for Tobi

Tobi?
Click here to post a review