US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

rubyh19

Overall, I love Tobi's clothes and they're customer service. (in 76 reviews)

stephaniet19

My order was shipped the day after it was placed and it arrived 2-3 days later; exactly as the tracker said it would. (in 215 reviews)

hannahl24

I ordered a dress which is extremely short and I can't even bend down. (in 133 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

ramonar4
3/26/16

The title says it all!

krystals11
3/25/16

First time I ordered a dress they sent me the completely wrong dress. After receiving the right dress i ordered i realized they run very small length wise.. barely covers by butt and i am average height. waste of time and money

stephaniej37
3/22/16

I love the style of Tobi dresses and they always have good deals, but the zippers on their dresses are nothing less than crap. The two dresses I have with zippers fit me fine, but you would think I'd have to lose thirty pounds to make them zip because any pressure at all against the zipper and they wont budge. Spent an hour and a half trying to zip a dress and got frustrated and started cutting the in seams to relieve tension and the zipper started to come off.Please fix your zippers, I'm sure i'm not the only one with this issue.

kieraj
3/8/16

First of all, you would think Tobi was located in China, considering trying to contact someone for help is a struggle. Second, the clothes are NOT worth whatever "bargain" you are getting them for. $35 for a romper made out of Nylon that shrinks in the wash isn't a good deal. Shipping is a nightmare. They take their sweet old time "processing" your order, and then actually getting it sent out. For an accurate shipping time, take the shipping you are paying for and add an extra 3 days. Bye Tobi, we all know you're making as much money as Kanye's line.

bernadettel5
3/6/16

I've ordered from tobi maybe 4 times now. I live in Singapore and tobi is an American-based online store. Shipping was always fast and efficient, and I receive my orders always just about a week later. I've ordered from other sites which would always take no less than 2-3 weeks to get to me. The clothes are of great quality and reasonable prices though I tend to shop only in the sale section. Overall my experiences with tobi have been really great. Their customer service had caught me by surprise as well! I sent in a query via email about one of their items, a little skeptical to get any reply at all, but I got a reply within a day explaining everything I needed to know! All in all, tobi is one of my go-to brands for online shopping, for their great style, quality, service, and fast shipping!

daniellek14
2/25/16

I have ordered numerous dresses from this site for school dances, and I love them. I love the styles of dresses they have and all their other options; I even looked for clothes on there because I was so satisfied with my first orders. They emailed me as soon as my items shipped, showed up on time at my doorstep (address labeling and all) with my order conformation page in the box. They're a great business who hold true to their value! I'd highly recommend it.

chelseyb1
2/25/16

I ordered from Tobi last summer. Honestly, I have nothing nice to say about the clothes. They looked fine when I got them, but are honestly some of the cheapest made clothing I have ever bought. I wore a tank top only a couple times and after the first wash it was covered with holes. Stay away! Prices seem good but it's because the clothes are garbage.

torif3
2/9/16

I have ordered from toni about six times now and shipping is always very quick, always within two days. I am always surprised at the quality of the clothes because of the low prices and constant sale. I love everything I have ever ordered. They did lose a dress one time but responded quickly to my e-mail and ordered me a new one as well as a 50% off gift code for next time. I'd recommend Tobi to anyone who needs trendy fashion for a low price.

jimg65
1/31/16

Bought two items. They didn't fit, so we ordered replacements in a larger size. Fine. By the time we got around to returning the original items, more than 30 days had passed. So we were beyond the stated return period. I wrote an e-mail explaining the situation and asked them to allow the exchange anyway. They sent back an e-mail saying they'd stick to their policy, too bad for me. Now they are not technically obligated to process my return. Then again, I'm not technically obligated to give them more than one star.

Won't buy from them again.

af227
1/27/16

Should be illegal to not have contact info. Cant get my refund money back.
I'm calling the better business bureau.. What has happened to America to let this happen?

emilyn24
1/25/16

I never really write reviews because ive always had pretty good luck with ordering clothes online. I felt the need to write this because of how many bad reviews ive read. I ordered 2 mini dresses from tobi before reading reviews(i know i know) needless to say i was reallyy worried because of how many bad reviews saying the clothing were bad quality or their clothes never showed up or about bad customer service. I cannot comment on the customer service because i didnt have any reason to reach out to them. The dresses came super fast maybe 2 or 3 days after i ordered. I ordered one in xs and one in s and they both fit absolutely perfect! Theyre both exactly as pictured and to my surprise theyre great quality! One of the dresses was a white ribbed material materialso i was worried it would be see through and it isnt see through at all its actually quite thick. I couldnt be happier im seriously in love with both my new dresses:)

itzelr1
1/12/16

I ordered some dresses and they never came that was 2 months ago

maddiej1
12/31/15

The clothing of this store is quite a bit on the pricey side, however from the 3 times I have ordered from here, the clothes were in such poor quality. The sizing is also off. I had purchased an oversized sweater recently that appeared in the picture to be a slim-fitting, long sweater. Almost like a dress. SUPER CUTE in the picture, however when I received it, it was an enormous boxy sweater that could fit 3 of me. It also appeared to be made of cheap yarn and knitted very loosely and was falling apart in my hands. Spend your money elsewhere, this is not a site to be trusted.

angely12
12/16/15

The items I received were not up to the quality I paid for, and I got my items at 50% off. I doubt any of Tobi's product are worth what they're regularly priced for, which is fine, but even at half off I find that the fabric and sizing was so off that leaves me in shock when I received it. The "bandage" skirt was not a real bandage skirt, its made of a cheap elastic material that isn't nearly as stretchy and looks like it would get stretched out after a couple wear. It was also very loose at the waist part, (mine was an xs) which is very unflattering on me as it shows a gap between the skirt and my waist if I wear a crop top. The dress I ordered was made of a thin material that seems like the kind of fabric they would use in a typical t-shirt and it was way too big for an xs. Overall, disappointing quality. Never to purchase again.

lilis5
12/6/15

I ordered a blouse, it was pretty, exactly like the picture. Only negative was the shipping length, took about 2 weeks. I'll buy again, hopefully the shipping won't take as long !!

gracec53
12/3/15

They are constantly changing the prices of their clothes recently. no, not a decrease, a crazy increase. I've seen items go from 30 to 50. What?! They say it's because of some changes on the site. The site looks the same. I don't see a revamp of any sort. So why the need for a price increase when the clothing is already pricey? I am reluctant to place any more orders. Their dresses also look extremely short modeled by extremely skinny models.

blancaw1
12/1/15

I have bought a few things from Tobi. Generally, the shirts and tops fit decently, with minor off-settings (large shoulders on tops). However, their dresses are EXTREMELY short. I am barely 5'1 and 103 pounds, and I ordered a dress in a size small from Tobi that was essentially a shirt. They are also very picky about returns and exchanges, so I couldn't do that either. All of my friends that have shopped at Tobi opt out of dress-buying because they have also had similar experiences. I would say the quality of Tobi overall is quite low for their high prices.

edb41
11/10/15

I have spent hundreds of dollars on tobi. Recently, I was ordering an item I already had again because I liked it a lot. But I realised that recently tobi.com has made changes to their prices by quite a lot. When I contacted them to ask about this they replied, "We had made some changes to our website and items". I believe this is a little unfair to the customers.

Prices that were originally 26 all went up to 34. And pricier items, such as the Jenalai Blousy Romper had even bigger rises in price. From 48 to 62 dollars! An additional 14 dollars??

Tobi is already on the pricier side, but I cant believe they would bring substantial increases to their prices regularly, especially that these items have been on the site for quite a long time and they are not even new trends. I do not believe that the cost matches the quality of what you get. Sure, their clothes are cute, but it definitely is overpriced, or should i say, the overpriced prices will continue to rise.

tbkm
10/20/15

I ordered the Eve Shearling jacket and it literally started shedding as soon as I took it out of the package. Thank goodness it was on sale. It looks so cheap!

taylerh1
10/12/15

I ordered a three quarter sleeve sequin dress from Tobi.com for my graduation. I was worried about quality and sizing of the item but when the dress came I was absolutely thrilled. The garment came clean, new, and true to size! Will definitely be a returning customer!

krisl21
10/8/15

My boyfriend tried to surprise me while he was deployed in Iraq. They cancelled his order due to their Facebook verification process which is retarded because I can change my name to someone else's real quick! I contacted them and they said they would notify the Billings Department and just to reorder. Seemed to be nice and normal right? Well he ordered again and it once again got cancelled. I contacted them again - forwarding the email traffic of the first time they cancelled the order - and they preceded to tell me everything they already told me with no interest to resolve my issue! When I asked for a phone number to talk to an actual person to resolve the issue there was no response. My boyfriend wasn't too happy either.., he was trying to do something sweet for me and they screwed it up not once but twice without even trying to fix what happened.

marvg
10/6/15

They don't process your refund. Just be careful ordering make sure the clothes really your size if not you can forget your refund if you send it back to them.

naomiz
10/2/15

I ordered my dress Sunday and received it the following thursday. The dress is exactly what i was hoping for! It's an extra small so i was a little hesitant but the size chart they have truly matches the description. I will defiantly order more items from this website.

alicej18
10/1/15

bought this dress for 49$ & soon to find another similar dress for only $28 :( of course i returned it. They're only giving you 50% off first purchase to make you shop but still prices are way too high. $25 for plain crop top? =/

erinh25
9/27/15

I ordered four dresses from Tobi. Great prices, especially after the 50% off discount! They came two days earlier than I expected them to and all fit and were great quality!

asid1
9/24/15

THE RETURN SYSTEM THEY HAVE THE WORSE

carolinem23
9/23/15

My first order came in the mail a few days ago, very promptly! Clothes fit true to size, and are adorable. Unfortunately one item was the wrong size, and one had a tear in it, but I looked up what to do on the website and it said to email photos of the items. I got a super quick reply from a lady named Maria and she apologized like crazy, asked me if I wanted a refund or replacement for the items, and gave me a discount code I can use in the future.

Couldn't be happier with the service and the clothing. I suggest reading what each item is made of, and the model info they provide so you can have a more accurate idea of quality and sizing. Also being patient and understanding helps when dealing with customer service!

jesso3
9/22/15

I just placed my first order from Tobi. I do have to say, very quick shipping and accurately shipped products. However those are the only pros I had. There were much more cons starting with the fact the items were much cuter on the website. As other people mentioned sizing is off on most products and and my 4 size small pieces fit very very differently, some too small, some wayyy too big and the one XS item is much larger than 2 of the size small pieces... too bad that was a final sale item. But the worst thing about this all was as I was trying on the products I started to break out in a rash all over my body! Two of the pieces must have some chemical or something on it. I was determined to figure out what piece of clothing broke me out so I used my bf as a swab and rubbed each article of clothing on a different limb... And low and behold two of his limbs were covered in the same rash. So now we both have this disgusting rash that hasn't gone away for 6 hours and counting. One from a dress and another from a top. Never again will I make a purchase from this site. Poor quality and sketchy materials or something. Sad.

leet29
9/21/15

It's my first time ordering clothes from here and they couldn't do anything about it. My package is either lost or stolen And they won't even resend me the items. I'm super upset at how they handled this.

kacir
9/14/15

I had a few questions about my order because it hadn't been sent yet. Their customer service was amazing and I'm very impressed. I've ordered from them before and for the prices you're buying at the quality is good. I definitely will continue shopping here

robinl49
9/13/15

I have been reading a lot of bad reviews about the customer service and when I had some concerns about my shipment I was wary about getting a reply back. I had emailed a question that I had late at night the customer service responded the next morning very promptly and when I responded in the morning they emailed me within 10 minutes of my reply. The person that I talked to was very helpful and polite and did her best to help me.

hannahl24
9/12/15

I ordered a dress which is extremely short and I can't even bend down. so it's not even a dress. it also has a black stain and dirt on it! what the heck! never again.

frankiel9
9/11/15

So I just recently started ordering from Tobi about 7 months ago. When I started they were great! Free shipping on everything! They sent me my clothes within 3 days and when it didn't fit right I got my full refund hassle free. I ordered a couple other things then stopped for a while. Now, there are a few changes that made me stop ordering from them. Of course companies get greedy and now it's "Free shipping with purchase over $50". That's okay I guess I get that but the main reason I loved them was the free shipping on anything. Now it takes three days just to process the order. Extremely slow shipping now! And to top it off the prices went way up and everything seems to be "final sale". With online clothing final sale is a bit ridiculous. I used to recommend this website to all my friends but now it's just another overpriced rip-off of a company. (Forgot to mention that the quality of the clothing isn't bad but it's definitely not worth all the trouble and $$$)

lucyr14
9/2/15

Tobi is pretty overpriced for the clothes, they are good quality but still not amazing considering what you end up paying for them. Some of their dresses are over NZD $100 and just look downright tacky. Especially the fabric choice, doesn't look very flattering in so many cases I've seen. Just looking at these photos is enough to put me off making a purchase.

I've only ordered from Tobi once or twice because it's a bit too expensive for my liking, the clothes didn't really fit properly and the dresses were quite long and baggy round my waist. They were bodycon fit so should really be very fitted and flattering but it did not have this effect on me. Didn't end up wearing a lot of my purchases and feel it was pretty much a waste of good money that I could have spent elsewhere.

caseyl7
8/25/15

Okay, so I ordered $125 worth of stuff. I got charged customs, which is $30, and sure, when you are purchasing it says on the bottom (in teeny tiny font) that customs charges may apply. Fair. I decided to return all the items cause of their poor quality. To return the items back, it costed me another $30. Then for my refund.. oh wait for this. So they charged me $168 CAD, but they only refund in USD! So I only got 125 USD but then it depends on your banks exchange rate, etc. Anyways I essentially spent $100 just to "try on dresses". Never shop here.

rachelm55
8/15/15

I'm a college student and Tobi is where I go to get all my cute clothes! It may seem like their clothes are a little pricey but all you have to do is wait until there is a 50% off sale (there's basically some kind of promotion every week) and then order all your clothes. I've bought things from Tobi multiple times and most of the time they have been perfect and I've loved them! One time they sent me the wrong top and I emailed customer service and they responded within the day and I got the right shirt within a week. Great store, great clothes! (:

jond52
8/14/15

I used to think their customer service was good and haven't had an issue until this week. Their site doesn't work 100% and will drop your order. So if you're purchasing an in demand item, don't expect to get it even if you hit the confirmation page. Customer Service won't acknowledge this bug and will shrug it off like it's your own fault. Screenshots don't prove anything as they leave out what items are purchased in the confirmation page. No compensation, no acknowledgement of their own fault, and no logs to prove you're in the right. Not going to support a website that won't look into their own bugs.

vanessaf8
8/11/15

I sent in two items that were too small back in March and have yet to receive a refund! Awful customer service

laurab102
8/10/15

I bought three dresses from here and they came in three days later. When I first ordered them I was scared they wouldn't fit well since I didn't try them on. I tried them on today and I absolutely love them!

marissag2
8/7/15

Several years ago I ordered from Tobi all the time and loved every item I received. I just ordered items from them last week and when they got here, all of the sizes were completely off. I ordered my normal size (small) in 3 items - a dress, long-sleeve top, and a tank top. The dress was so short that I couldn't even take a step without everyone seeing everything below the belt, yet the top of the dress was so loose. The long-sleeve top and tank top were so large that they fit more like a medium and wouldn't even stay on my shoulders. I will never order from Tobi ever again. It also frustrates me that they don't have reviews on items. Save your money.

jordanc28
8/3/15

Before i recieved my dress from toni, i was worried I made a bad investment just because of all the bad reviews on this website, HOWEVER, i am glad to inform you that my order turned out just fine.
I bought an xs small dress and it showed up within 3 days and fits perfectly plus looks exactly like the picture. I think a lot of bad reviews on here are the cause of reckless online shopping. When you go to buy an item check the size chart, check the material, and by personal experience, make sure spaggheti straps are adjustable. If you do that you're order will turn out just fine. Happy shopping!

tays1
7/30/15

I made the terrible mistake of not reading the reviews before ordering and spent $125 on 6 items. My order took over a week to ship despite selecting 2-3 day shipping and living in California. Not so much of a deal breaker but definitely annoying. When I finally did receive the clothes the sizing was all off. I ordered a medium, my usual size, in everything but nothing fit right. Either I was swimming in fabric or there wasn't enough. Half the items I bought were final sale and judging by the reviews I now think they do that on purpose because they know their clothes are crap and that most people will want to return them. Definitely not worth the money even with the 50% discount!

tillieh
7/30/15

I don't know what all of these negative comments are but I ordered three shirts for a total of only $20 including shipping. Everything came on time looking exactly as I had expected. The clothes were in great condition and not made cheaply at all. I will defiantly be shopping here again!

mandik
7/26/15

I put a big order and paid express shipping. Only half the order came and when I tried to contact them (they dont have phone number u have to email them) they took forever and asked me to take individual pics of the items that were sent. Issue still NOT resolved and their customer service is awful!

lizg18
7/26/15

I'm tempted to give it 5 stars but I think that's only because I was so pleasantly surprised based on the reviews. I rarely right reviews sans reward but like another reviewer -thank you by the way- I wanted to give some hope to those that had purchased prior to looking at reviews.

Ordered:
7/21 received 7/24 in Northern California
3 bras, jumper, dress, shirt (total $100)

Loved Loved all... Esp for prices!! (Known for good sales.) I read the size chart and reviewed the materials so I knew what to expect. If I'm ever hesitant on cut or material I'll it up unless it's on sale enough and I love it enough to figure out a way to wear it.

I ordered larges and am a athletic/curvy 5'7 34D/DD 170 +\- 5 lbs

Zippered maxi w/ slit dresss great color, pretty well made and lined (nice darting/seams) tight in stomach (aka incentive)

Romper was SHORT- but I knew that going in and got it just for that reason. A real see through "chiffon" but its pattern made it work. Hard to get on and off-

Shirt is so cute thicker material ($5 sale) no complaints exactly as expected.

Bras- their bralettes have no clasp -annoying. Otherwise sooo cute and for fraction of price $10.

monicaz3
7/23/15

I've read a lot of bad reviews so I figured that if I liked what I ordered I would write a good review. Everything looks good! I'm 5'2 108 lbs so I got an XS, everything fit just right. If I was any bigger I would of had to go a size up. My 5 items came in 4 days. I even emailed customer service for something and they replied back within minutes. I would only shop during the 50% off sales for sure though.

cheyennec4
7/22/15

I don't get this...it was free shipping on EVERYTHING and now its a $5 dollar charge on shipping...what happened? very sad...only reason I shopped here...

brookeg6
7/13/15

I put in a pretty big order to tobi the other day. I got 11 items, and I believe my total was around $210 with the 50% discount. I saw all of these terrible reviews and was skeptical, but everything was cute and cheap, so I just went for it. First off, I would like to say that I am incredibly impressed with the shipping. IT WAS SO FAST! I live in NJ (they run out of CA) and got everything in 2 business days! Is it the best quality? No. But it isn't the worst, either. To everyone complaining: CHECK WHAT THE ITEMS ARE MADE OUT OF BEFORE YOU ORDER! If you see a shirt is 100% polyester, don't complain that it's cheap when you get it! Shop wisely and you won't regret it! I look forward to placing another order! Thanks, tobi.

estefanias1
7/12/15

I've made 3 orders. I only do it because is so cheap. But at the same time I learn what to get and what not. Example short dresses are very very short I don't know why. They don't ship to Puerto Rico so I have to send it to a friend house in Miami. That's bad for me because a can't return items This is like a roulette for me if it fits cool if not I'm $#*!ed But overall I'll only buy if there's a big discount if not. I'm not going to waste my money and time

caelanm
7/8/15

I borrowed a shirt off a friend when going out and loved it and it was from Tobi so I decided to look online. Being a first time customer getting 50% (awesome!!) I bought 3 shirts and 3 bottoms. I bought the Carry Home Top, Dixie Life Skater Skirt, Mill Mae Velour Tank Top, Once Again Shorts, Sunset Denim Shorts and Take a Number Top. It was all great!! The only thing I WOULDN'T recommend is the Dixie Life Skater Skirt.. I ordered a small in everything and this was waaaay too small and the fabric was really poor. But everything else was great and shipping was super fast! I found the sizing very accurate! I don't know why Tobi gets some bad reviews but I would definitely recommend ordering from them.

30 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Tobi staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
3 weeks ago
Add your answer
3/27/16
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Tobi staff and other customers.

17 Photos for Tobi