US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

danielles12

I'm not sure why all of these people have such bad reviews but their customer service was awesome and quick to respond. (in 60 reviews)

stephaniet19

My order was shipped the day after it was placed and it arrived 2-3 days later; exactly as the tracker said it would. (in 152 reviews)

yaharinb

i bought this dress: http://www.tobi.com/product/56713-tobi-out-of-bed-maxi-dress?color_id=79169
(in 86 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

fernd1
1/26/15

Absolutely awful. Me and my friend ordered about 5 dresses from tobi and they took about 3 weeks to come. When they finally arrived I noticed that they sent me the wrong dress and along with it being the wrong one, the one they sent me was ripped in 2 different places and unwearable. I emailed them explaining that they sent me the wrong one and they said the one I wanted was no longer available and to send the wrong one back for a refund. They also failed to mention that we had to pay $40 for customs separately for shipping to canada

Tip for consumers: Avoid!

krw
1/21/15

I've bought from Tobi many times and I love the quality of their clothes. Shipping is so fast, and always free, both ways. Their customer service is excellent and they are always fast to respond to my emails. I've bought birthday, graduation, and christmas dresses from here and they're always the first website I go to when I need an outfit. They also offer 50% off at least twice a month, can't go wrong with that! Love tobi!!

Tip for consumers: Deff wait for a 50% off promotion!

brittanyb21
1/18/15

So confused on how anyone can rate this website bad. I ordered so many items and everything that came in is absolutely wonderful. I've never even entered a store and tried a bunch of stuff on and liked it all. The clothes fit great and are better quality than I expected for the price point. Aside from the clothing, the customer service is outstanding. Everyone was so helpful. I will definitely be ordering from this website again.

Tip for consumers: Clothes fit great, quick outstanding customer service if you have any questions and such cute fun items available.

abbeyv1
1/15/15

I ordered from this website and bought a cut out teal dress. It arrived and the quality of the material was just awful. It should of had cut outs just under the boob area instead the cut out bits were sat where my boobs were showing off my bra. Not only that but it was soooo short and there was no stretch in the material at all! I wouldn't go as far as saying it felt like cardboard but you get where I'm going with this!Very badly made and of course looked nothing like the picture! Don't waste your money. 50% off for a reason!

Tip for consumers: Don't waste your pennies!

lindak49
1/5/15

My 19 year old daughter was so excited to receive the dress she ordered for her upcoming formal and the wrong product arrived. When she tried to get the issue resolved the customer service rep told her that the original dress ordered was no longer available and that she should sent the incorrect item back and would be refunded for the cost of shipping the return and the cost of the original item. Tobi not only charged her for the original dress but charged her for the incorrect item and they will not acknowledge that they have done this and she has proof. Everything is handled online only and there is no way to call customer service. They don't deserve even 1 star as it does get worse than this. Poor customer service!! What kind of company wants to stay in business if they don't make themselves available when they are in error??

Tip for consumers: don't order from this company!

faniab
12/22/14

I recently bought Along the Boardwalk, Don't Mesh with Me, and the Erykah Maxi dress and I adore all three. I received my package quickly and neatly. I was surprised by the unique materials of all three garments (they have a nice thickness that is still flowy). My only qualm was that I needed to get the straps on my maxi adjusted, because it hung off of my in the worst way (size small, I'm 5'1" with a very limited bust).
I always get compliments on my dresses and just feel good in them overall.
Thumbs up, Tobi!

Tip for consumers: Use the 50%, 40% off and stick with the free priority shipping.

d-w-f-rw
12/20/14

For Christmas, I ordered two items online from Tobi for my Granddaughter. Two unexpected things happened. They offered $50 off on a first-time order, but did not deduct the $50. I paid anyway, because I knew my granddaughter wanted the shirt and sweater. When the garments arrived they were stuffed like rags into the smallest plastic bag you could imagine. Small enough to fit into my mailbox. The shirt looks cheaply made, but the sweater looks okay.

christieb3
12/19/14

I don't know how anyone can give this store 1 star because it is incredible. I am always super worried when I online shop because you never know the quality of the product. Everything I have ever bought was great quality. Shipping is so fast. I receive my product within 3 days from ordering it. Their customer service is the best I have ever dealt with. They accidentally shipped me a product in the wrong color. I hadn't contacted them back for almost 2 months about it because I was so busy with graduate school and traveling and when I did finally contact them they were so helpful! They have a great variety of clothes. Although it is more expensive than stores like forever 21 and charlotte ruse, the quality is much better. I highly recommend.

michellep40
12/16/14

I've shopped on Tobi website many times and it has been absolutely great. It has every type of clothing and the costumer service is fantastic. Every time i order something it ships the next day and is at my house in 2 days. When you email them asking a question they respond in minutes, not to mention being super friendly. They have discounts all the time and free shipping and returns. I don't see why people would not like this website.

adrianah2
12/8/14

Horrible i bought a dress and a jumper quality was cheap and their pricess are too high for what its worth wouldnt recomend it i had to return it dont waste you money wish i wouldve read this reviews before buying anything from their store

lisaa60
12/2/14

Horrible, horrible, horrible purchase. The straps for the body con dress I ordered was laughably loose, the zippers did not work the second time around, and the other skater dress I ordered was not even similar to the one in the picture. A total waste of my $50. STAY AWAY FROM TOBY AT ALL COSTS!

Tip for consumers: Stay away- my best advice

rachelm34
12/1/14

Honestly can't believe all the bad reviews I'm reading! I ordered from Tobi twice, and both times were during one of their 50% off promotions. I'm pretty sure shipping was free too. The items were true to size and were pretty good quality for the price (very similar to Forever 21). It also took less than two weeks to get to me. Anyone complaining about the quality needs to realize that a $10 top won't last forever.

Tip for consumers: Only buy when they have a 50% off promotion.

mahiyah
11/25/14

I've ordered from tobi.com twice. The clothing looks fantastic on their models but keep in mind that the clothing which loots great on their "super thin, no boobs or butt caucasian female" models will not fit that way on the average person at all. I am 5ft, and quite thin, my size is always xs, however for tobi i buy a small because their sizes aren't normal. Now, their shipping speed is quite great, I live in Canada and got my order within a week. Furthermore, for my second order it said shipping information wasn't available so I emailed them but never got a response. However, I facebook messaged their page and got a response within 2 hours. However, when my first order arrived the button on it ripped as I went to go try it on for the first time. Needless to say, I was disappointed. The material is average on their clothing, and therefore their clothes are a bit overpriced. You can shop at tobi.com, but be careful!

taylorj9
11/18/14

I was really nervous because I saw reviews of sizing being off or having issues in general, but thankfully my clothes arrived really fast and they fit perfectly. Don't know what would have happened had I needed to return them (that scared me). I ordered true-to-size and it fits fine (for a skirt and crop top).

amyc22
11/14/14

I was very nervous to order from Tobi after I read a lot of bad reviews. But, the 50% off your first order deal was so great & I found quite a few items that looked really cute, so I just decided to go for it. I ordered 6 items & got my 50% off by putting in the code (keep in mind, I don't think you get half off on things that are already 30% off). I spent over 100$ so shipping was free. Everything arrived in the right color and right size and looked pretty much like I imagined -- definitely not great quality but I feel I got exactly what I expected from a discount store. Every fit true to size & I'm really happy with my order. My advice is just be smart about what you order. I mostly went for cute but pretty simple items that would be hard to mess up. I will definitely order from Tobi again. (Also shipping was right on time. It took about 4 days to get my clothes delivered to the Midwest in US.)

kelseyo1
11/4/14

I love the company and they ship pretty fast. the clothes don't always fit me right but they have wonderful customer service!

dd49
11/1/14

Some of the stuff I really like, fits like it should which is encouraging, but the quality of the clothes is HORRIBLE. Half of the stuff I've bought is already falling apart or ripping and it's been about a month.

danielles21
10/30/14

I ordered a bunch of items from Tobi on October 17th and they arrived to my home in Ontario by October 29th. Everything I ordered was there and I was happy with the quality of the clothing I received. This is the first time I have ordered from Tobi and after reading a bunch of reviews, I was skeptical of ordering from them however I am happy I decided to give it a try and I will definitely be ordering more clothing soon.

amandaf18
10/24/14

I've ordered from Tobi several times - the clothing is not always top quality (but sometimes it's actually really nice, especially for the price) - but they 100% make up for this with the easy, free returns. I have returned at least one item out of almost every purchase I have made with no problem. I actually returned 3 items recently (about 10 days ago) and noticed that I had not received an email or a refund which I usually get pretty quickly. I emailed their customer service with my order number and the items I returned and I got an email by the end of the day that the refund had been processed. One caveat is that I do live in the US and I understand that international shipping may be more difficult, but I've always had a great experience.

For the price, this is a great option for trying out new clothing and they have amazing customer service for what the business is. Will continue to shop with them in the future!

lucyw3
10/22/14

Why is there stuff always out of stock....Where can I get the items that I want??? If your running a business wouldn't you want to restock your items and sale them...Don't get me wrong there clothes are really cute, but everything I want they don't have....

katew27
10/16/14

I am normally a US size 4 and ordered 3 dresses in a size medium since I heard that their dresses run small. The dresses were party dresses for vegas. When the dresses arrived, I tried them on and they appeared to fit perfectly. Yet when I wore them out, I noticed that the dresses would ride up and I would have to constantly keep pulling the dress down to avoid exposing myself. I am 5'6" and athletic yet these dresses were even short on me. The quality of the dresses were also poor.

Tip for consumers: AVOID A WARDROBE MALFUNCTION. DO NOT SHOP HERE!

leannc1
10/7/14

I ordered about 10 items and the quality of the clothes are extremely cheap! These were the worst $#*! STAIN CLOTHES I HAVE EVER ORDERED ONLINE! I ordered two white shirts that clearly looked WHITE online and arrived to me like a over bleached yellowish white! -.- I am so disappointed with my order! If I could I would give them NO STARS!

Tip for consumers: DONT DO IT!

ohaw
10/7/14

Ordered a skirt from them, and got a top with deodorant stains all over it instead. After reading the other reviews I don't know if its even worth is to try and get my money back.

Tip for consumers: Don't buy from them unless you like receiving poor quality clothing or the wrong item.

danieller11
9/29/14

Despite all the wacky reviews I read about this website, I thought what the heck and ordered some things from them. I got 5 shirts and a maxi dress for $114 with their 50% off discount and my items shipped quickly! Pair of sunglasses I ordered ended up selling out but their customer service team was quick to email me and let me know they were sold out and they upgraded my order to free 2 day shipping with no charge because of the inconvenience Each piece of clothing is great quality and they all fit well. I ordered a gorgeous maxi dress for a cruise I'm taking soon and can't wait to wear it! My sisters also ordered some party dresses off this website and loved them as well. Definitely will be ordering more in the future!

tinaw27
9/28/14

I did not receive an order that I placed and tried to contact them for a refund, but they refused to refund me money for a product I never received.
I placed the order on August 18th and ordered over 30 items of clothing for a total of $932.04. I did not go through my items one by one to make sure it was all there, but assumed that it was. When I went back to the website to return a few items, that is when I noticed that I was missing an item from the order. I contacted them immediately because it was still within their 30 day return policy. They refused to refund me my money because I didn't notify them 5 days after I had received the order. It's not noted anywhere on their website about notifying them when you don't receive an item. They send out another swim suit, but I wanted a refund since summer is already over there would be no sense in my getting a swim suit now. They sent it out anyways to an old address which will not get to me anyways. I have had numerous conversations with Tobi's customer service and many of their reps there. They were extremely rude and unprofessional about the matter. I will refuse to pay for an item that I never received. They need to double check the order before they send the package out. The swim sui was $138 dollars and I want a refund for a product that I never received.

Tip for consumers: I would be very careful with ordering any items on this site. I would definitely double check your order, it seems like a scam when they charge you for items they never sent you!

candacec3
9/28/14

TOBI has sent items with HOLES in them, they had me recharge my card for the item to reorder a new one, in which they sent a completely different dress!!! They have also charged my card for multiple items that I ordered, without actually sending the items! They have sent the wrong items with the right tags! They have terrible customer service and could care less about their mistakes. The quality of their clothing is also crap. I have never had such an experience over and over again with a company. I have had 4 orders with Tobi, the last 3 have been made to just try and fix the mistakes they have made. Their return policy is awful and there is no reason to get excited about anything you purchase because you never know what you are going to receive! Don't shop form here unless you like having your money, your emotions and your time to be played with by children.

sarap15
9/25/14

I have ordered three dresses from Tobi. I have had no problems with shipping, all 3 times my dress has arrived in 3 days (I live on the east coast.)I am 5'4" and 98 pounds. The loose dress I ordered fit great and I could wear it again, it was an xs. The second dress I ordered was the "Free Flight" dress in an xs. It fit my waist and hips perfect, but the zipper broke when I tried to put it over my chest, and I am NOT big in that area to begin with. I exchanged for a small and it was much too long and baggy by my neck, this was unfortunate. However I just got the "See me sequin" dress in an xs and it fits wonderful, its just very short. I have had both good and bad experiences but for the most part Tobi has been a good site and I will continue to shop there.

emmas39
9/25/14

As many others on this website, I ordered my dress and then read the reviews afterward. I was horrified and also scared for my dress to come knowing it would probably be terrible. But, my dress was great! It's for my senior year homecoming, and I'm happy with my purchase. Fit well and everything, it's a little see through but nothing I didn't expect. I hope everyone has the same luck I did! Only reason I give it 4 stars is because my friend ordered a criss cross backless dress and it was baggy and the material was cheap. I recommend buying somewthing that isn't 100% polyester, and not final sale.

maccyl
9/21/14

I really loved everything I ordered. The dresses are quite short, but then again I'm 5'10" so every dress is short. I ordered a medium in everything, and the loose dresses fit great. The tight ones were a little too small so I needed to return them. The service was great and they made everything really easy. I will order from them again.

Tip for consumers: Order tight dresses a size bigger, but the loose ones just go with what you normally wear.

eileena3
9/18/14

uh if you're going to talk about how the "quality isn't good for what you payed for" how about walking into gucci or versace, they should have the "quality" you're looking for! :))))))

Tip for consumers: if you don't actually fit into a size 2 and you order it and then complain...youre in denial so please delete your review now

isabelo2
9/18/14

I ordered the "I heart lace romper" on the 9th of September, today is the 18. Opened it, excited to try it on and the zipper is broken! Didn't they see it when they put it in the package?!! I want to wear it next weekend and luckily my mom can just replace the zipper. But this made me VERY upset. $40 on a romper with a broken zipper. Not buying from them again!

Tip for consumers: Shop at your own risk!

charlottec4
9/15/14

I haven't actually purchased from Tobi, but I was looking on their site and saw a romper that I already bought from Sheinside.com (another hit and miss place, but at least the prices are good) for like, $20 or something on SALE for $50, marked down from $75!

mckennad
9/13/14

I am 5'4" and I ordered a small See Me Sequin Bodycon dress. The shipping was great, but the dress was horrible! A wear a 4 in jeans, and I'm 115 pounds and this dress does not even cover my underwear! You CANNOT walk in this dress without it riding up above your waist like a shirt! Do not waste your time or money on this joke of a website!

charlottes16
9/8/14

Terrible! So I ordered a skirt and about a week later they sent me an email saying it is out of stock, even though it was still advertised on their website! for about 3 weeks I have been asking for my money back but according to them 'I wasnt charged for the item' when I clearly checked my bank details and they have taken the money from my account. Terrible customer service and I wish I had listened to my friend when she told me that when she ordered from Tobi they sent her a completely different dress!
Im appalled from this website and they should close down.

yaharinb
9/7/14

and i would like to say a few things:
first, the servise on my case was nice - they respond very quickly and with curtesy but to be honest i realy didnt need many thing from them.
everybody here say the quality is bad and they are right but to be honest i didnt expect much - in the description they said that its polyester so i knew that i wasnt going to get hight quality fabric.
i live in israel and the dress arrived in a week wich is great! i was very pleased!
and one last thing - i ordered M size and it was great on me and i am usialy M but it is a bit tight so be carful.
in conclusion, it was an ok expiriens for me. if you want here is a couple of tips:
buy only on 50% off - this is the true price, dont expect much and know that the sizes are small so take that in mind.

Good luck :)

Tip for consumers: Only buy on discount!!!

ceyl2
9/1/14

I ordered a few dresses from them before... and they were really bad quality and they charged an expected import fee with no disclaimer included... i decided to give this site one more chance lately and got it shipped to a usa address and the item looks nothing like it did in the picture.. i am pretty dissappointed and i dont recommend it

Tip for consumers: dont use it unless u are willing to risk it

cieras1
8/31/14

The worst quality of clothing I have ever purchased!! One of the shirts I ordered was not even completely sewed, looks unfinished and unwearable. I am unable to return it because it was final sale! Another shirt broke the FIRST time I wore it! Horrible service and quality especially considering the prices they charge. Unacceptable! I will never purchase from them again!

sadieg
8/29/14

I just received my Tobi "double the charm" dress in black. I was worried when ordering as the TOBI reviews were terrible. I should have listened. The dress is very cheap material and it is completely see-through. I will have to get a black slip to wear under it.. Quality definitely not worth the $64 they were selling it for. Luckily I used my 50% and got it for $32 which is still way more then it's worth.. I am not going to bother returning it but I would not purchase from TOBI again. On a good note, the customer service was great when I wanted to switch sizes before it was shipped.

Tip for consumers: Very cheap clothing. Will probably only get one wear out of it before it rips.

victoriah13
8/28/14

I am 5'6" and 95lbs. I ordered a dress in a xs based on the information they provided. I paid for expedited shipping as well. The dress wouldn't even go around rib cage!!!! It was freaking unbelievable how small this dress was. The information was way off, and I spent all that money to get it shipped before my trip out of the country for no reason. Not only that, but I don't have the funds in my account to place a new order for the exchange, so I'm just kind of lost as to what to do at this point. Never ordering anything from them again.

Tip for consumers: Spend your money somewhere else.

ashleyw31
8/28/14

I ordered a dress that fit me perfectly, but was wayyy too short. It was a maxi dress, I ordered a Medium. The model they showed was 5'7" and had heels on with the dress so I thought I would be good to go. I am 5'6" and when I tried on the dress it was 3 inches from the ground still. The photo they showed was VERY deceiving. However, the shipping was very fast. The material was very thin as well, but would have been fine.

indyk
8/27/14

Don't not buy if you want cheap, worn out looking material. A size medium is like an extra small and it doesn't look like it does on the website. Shipping was Fairley fast but that's were the good ends. I am vary disappointed that I bought a $20.00 pair of pants that look like children have sown it. Even the tobi tag Is sown only half way on. I will not be buying from this store again and now I have a 20 dollar pair of pants the I cant even wear smh -.- I wish I could rate this negative.

Tip for consumers: Save your money a buy from forever 21 Charlotte Russe and stores like that are know to have good quality clothes for less.

laurene9
8/25/14

I was worried after I placed my order and then read the reviews afterwards and saw what people were saying. However, I had a great experience ordering from this company! I got 4 dresses for $100 using the 50% code, and they arrived in Florida in 3 days! The quality of the clothing is obviously what you would expect for the price, but everything fits great in an XS, the dresses are lined, nothing is see-through or too short, and everything looks exactly the way it did online! Very happy with my purchase and would definitely use this site again.

dc68
8/22/14

I ordered 3 items from the site and was unfortunately very disappointed. All three dresses were very thin material, completely see through, and they're charging 30+ bucks for them without the 50% off, are you kidding me? Horrible dissatisfied... but at least they accept refunds I guess. I thought they looked SO cute online. Not at all once they arrived. Aug!
I only gave it 2 stars because my items came super fast (within 3 days).

ninoskag
8/21/14

Tobi customer service is CRAP!
They request from customers things they cannot provide since banks in the world do not work as they work in United States.
I wont buy from them again!!

Tip for consumers: Do not buy from this site

dominikas
8/20/14

I am very pleased with my purchases from Tobi every time I place an order. There were a few instances where I had to return some items but did not run into any problems returning the merchandise. The money was always returned to my credit card within 3-4 weeks. Some people mentioned that the material is cheap. You get what you pay for. Of course, if you get a $20 shirt it will not be high end quality. I got a few dresses/shirts and loved them. Last time, I tried returning a dress I could not print a return label. I e-mailed Tobi and got a response within 20 mins. I was advised that there is no return label for international purchases (I am from Toronto and the merchandise comes from San Francisco). Overall, great experience and no trouble!

stephaniet19
8/13/14

Unlike everyone else I had a great experience with Tobi! My order was shipped the day after it was placed and it arrived 2-3 days later; exactly as the tracker said it would. All of the things I ordered was there in the correct sizes and good condition. I am 5'2'' and 108 pounds and I fit perfectly into a small. Of course the maxi dress I got was too long but its nothing a little sewing can't fix! Overall quality is great and I will definitely order again!

paulan5
8/13/14

I´m from Rio, Brazil and the first time I bought clothes from this store I payed the shipping because I wanted to get my stuff before I traveled and eveything arrived perfectly in ONE WEEK. I don´t recommend anyone from Brazil to buy as much as I did because the taxes were ridiculous, it cost about the whole purchase and I bought a lot of stuff, but these taxes I payed had nothing to do with the store Tobi. I did have to adgest a romper (because it was too long) and I could have gotten an XS on maybe two items but it´s nothing that a belt can´t fix. The seconed time I bought from Tobi I had the stuff delivered to my dads hotel in The U.S. and funny that the stuff I bought the seconed time around I actually thought they could have been a little bigger once I saw them but when I tried them on I liked how they fit. No need to say that I love shopping at Tobi but only with the 50% discount code. I wouldn´t have payed full price for any of the items.

itzheltv
8/4/14

I would give them ZERO stars if I could. I spent 100$ on their site and hated everything. I bought some sandals that cut up my foot and I've been injured limping for two days now. I emailed them and returned everything they said they would give me store credit and never did.
The clothes is cheap material from China. Don't waste your money here you're better off buying clothes locally

marym130
8/2/14

I've ordered from tobi 6-8 times. Every single time my order has arrived within 3-4 days (and I live in the East Coast). I love their clothes and everything has fit me great, except for a maxi dress that was super long but that's because I'm 5'1. I don't know why people give tobi such bad reviews because I've never had a bad experience and I love all my clothes from there.

ellenm13
7/7/14

I had a return and couldn't get their return label to print. Tried time and time again. They wouldn't respond to the 3 emails I sent them. VERY FRUSTRATING. Finally they responded and said all emails were going into spam. Was that my fault????? And why didn't the return label print. After a lot of waste energy they gave me in store credit. As if I want to shop there again.
Stay away from them. They are very unprofessional. And a lot of their clothes are stiched lop sided.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Tobi staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Does anyone have any exoerience ordering from New Zealand? If so were you charged taxes and how much? My friend has ordered from a USA site and was charged $150 taxes.
5/27/13
katelynf
A: does anyone have experience ordering from tobi.com in canada?
3/28/12
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Tobi staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?