US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

judev2

Customer service was superb, with replies to all my emails in a few hours. (in 11 reviews)

simonh55

I wasted several weeks trying to get an unlock code from my network and a shop in the mall. (in 93 reviews)

welshj

Great service, my phone was up and running in no time from a flawless service at an exceptional cost. (in 124 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

walterk20
6/16/15

As others on this site, my card was charged and the next day they replied that they can't get a code. They assured me that a refund would be given as they couldn't provide the code. After a month of back and forth emails, "Rebecca" informed me that there has been a "technical error" in processing my refund. Total scam! Don't waste your money!

furais
6/14/15

Scam. Took my money in seconds but never give them back as failed to provide code.

Fraud!!!

Do not Use!!!!

shawnag
6/9/15

Nokia needed a code to use a new provider and I received a good service and at what I think was a good price. A code was sent after checkout but I needed some help entering it in the phone so I contacted the email address for support. Although the reply took several hours they did help me with the request and now the code is in and the phone seems to be unlocked

bfp
6/4/15

They take your money in 30 seconds. Dont give a receipt just an automated BS letter that says wait up to 24 hours. They dont tell you that you have to wait for code until after you pay. I still dont have code. 5 emails none answered. Then this Rebecca on here tells you to email them they will resolve. No they wont. Be careful. You pay you lose your money.

curtisa10
6/2/15

The Unlockteam.com do not do business with these FRAUDULENT F**KS,

My experience; Fill order form to unlock phone, credit card info and press button to complete. Got sent to a redirect page which never completely loaded, so i left it to allow time to load. URL bar produced some info (which contained your usual characters and also a generic "Thank you." So i'm thinking, "great." Now it's just a waiting game. I got an almost instantaneous response from the company with the information regarding the phone i'd submitted information for, at which point I proceeded to wait. Still nothing after 24 hours. After 24 hours, I sent an email requesting info...however guess what? They never sent me an email containing a receipt, just an email stipulating how long to wait and to parrot back my cell information. Now they are saying they cannot find anything on their system. That's great.

rohtazs
5/25/15

I gave all the information to the unlock team about my cell phone and made the payment.
I did not even get the receipt and my money was deducted in a jiffy.
Now no response from the unlock team.

Fraud !!!

andyk32
5/14/15

Wasted my money to get an unlock code unlockteam.com is a total rip off and don't waste your money

lilyl23
5/14/15

I paid for a service they were unable to provide. It took seconds for them to charge my visa card and 18 days, 5 emails and bad reviews on 2 different sites for them to refund the money! Not impressed!

annam102
5/9/15

As said, an excellent effort my the unlock team got my S4 unlocked this weekend. I'm amazed that a third party can do it but my service provider can't? Can someone explain that one! But a big thanks regardless as it's up and running great. Cheers guys

martine34
5/7/15

Submitted all details as requested to their website about my phone and got a positive response that they could unlock my phone - next day got an email saying that they were now unable to unlock the phone. My credit card was however debited a few days later and six weeks on I am still trying to re-coup the charges. I am getting the 'technical issues' excuse. Have today contacted my CC company and they will get the money back. DO NOT USE this company.

melodieel
5/6/15

Would never recommend this site to anyone. My son bought code for $8.99 and charged $11 +.. Got an email next day saying unable to unlock and no refund almost a month later. Had one response from Rebecca saying takes 2 weeks for a refund . Still waiting for that refund

siobhant1
5/3/15

Took about 2 and a half days to complete from start to the end. The cost was maybe a little high but still cheaper than some sites and they have a good turn around time. I've used them in the past for unlocking BB's and they are flawless.
Didn't have alternate network SIM so did an iCloud backup and factory reset. Bought new SIM and there you go, the phone is up and running.
They are good.

mikej117
5/2/15

Took my money couldnt unlock and didnt want to refund me i had to waste so much time and energy do not buy from them

sanchezh
4/30/15

My network had locked my phone and I had no way to use it after the contract expired, hence the need for unlocking. The process was pretty simple and easy and fast and the code went straight into the phone and meant I could use my other sim. Good service from these guys and would definitely use them again. Thanks for the help really appreciated.

nicolasz4
4/30/15

In March 23rd I send $8.89 to unlock my phone, after that I email them every day to know what happens. Now in April 30 I still waiting and no answer. Don't make any business with this company.

lakdsjfl
4/21/15

01??396600295uu1829000
Carrier = ytr
Who thinks the info above is real and would produce a working unlock code

After reading someone else doing it I thought I would try it and looks like it worked. I put in 2 question marks to make sure the Imei wouldn't be real.

karissah
4/21/15

My service provider would not unlock my Huawei Ascend and after more than a week of waiting for the support to get back to me I tried this service. The one downside was that it was not immediate at all, but for a very reasonable cost I was able to get a the unlock key that worked first off. As I am overseas and needed my phone unlocked I was very relieved to be able to use the local sim that I had purchased. Definitely money well spent.

ag624
4/19/15

Sadly I only found this review site when I had been scammed otherwise I wouldt have used them. Also other reviews are identical to my case ie unlockteam claim they have a code, take my money, then say no code really will make a refund. Needless to say no refund was made. BUT then it transpired a fraudulent purchase was made with my card details, this HAD to be related to the phone transaction as I did not use this card on the internet ever. Other reviewers also found fraudulent activity after making a payment to unlock phones but unlock phone unsurprisingly deny any knowledge, i presume they are not intentionally involved in internet fraud but a few too many people have experienced the same as me so if they are not willing to find out why their customers are subsequently scammmed after giving them the cc details, then it doesnt look well for them. The guards and bank are now investigating this fraud. Rebecca if you read this please take action and refunf my 6.99 you took for a non existant product.

codiek1
4/13/15

A galaxy unlock was requested on Saturday and delivered earlier this morning. The code was accepted by my phone and a new sim chip inserted and accepted. Not a bad price at all although delivery was a little slow, but it was the weekend.

kathiec
4/7/15

It says ita only 8.99 then charges you alnost 12 dollars. Then after waiting until the next day, they tell you cant unlock it. I tried with two different phones. Do not believe any the the fake reviews on here saying it works. complete and utterly bull$#*!

karimk9
4/7/15

It's taken me so long to get this phone unlocked, honestly, the service providers are so bad at this, they wanted 50 bucks and wanted me to wait a month...A MONTH! The unlock team had a code to me in less than a day, how is there a difference. But anyhow, the phones unlocked and the unlock teamwas a great site to use so thanks.

louiseh32
3/29/15

I wanted to share my experience as it was a good one. We needed to unlock our nokia phone and wanted to avoid vodafone as they were so expensive. This site was very straight forward to use and a code was shown after payment to enter into the phone. Nothing went wrong, the code worked and I have a new sim card in now. nice service guys, we really appreciate it and will be back if ever needed again

masiha
3/25/15

I bought 3 unlock codes for 3 different phones and paid for them they couldnt find the unlocking code and I never got money back.
total scam never buy anything from their website!!

abhid
3/25/15

This solved my unlocking problems great.Great communication from start to the end and easy instructions but a help centre if its needed, it wasnt and I managed to unlock it using the instruction. Good to unlock your phones

lorrettah
3/23/15

This was an old phone locked to Vodafone that I found in a drawer and thought would be a good backup! But it was locked and the vodafone website wanted a small fortune to unlock it.
Tried a few sites but I figure the phone was just too old and not supported anymore, this site had the code to me fast so I'm a happy camper.

arekk1
3/22/15

That site is fraud . I pay for unlock and I heave information we cant unlock your code . After 3 weeks call to me from my credit card about fraud on my card . Someone try tu buy any diferent goods for 800 Euro. Last time I never bay something from USA . From Bank give mi information about baying Those goods in USA that is only I site where I give my detalis when I pay for Unlocking .

royceb19
3/19/15

Unfortunately I didn't receive the code until I had arrived in Cyprus, meaning I was roaming with my home sim for a few hours and we all know how expensive that is! But the code did come and I had no problems using it, so all in all a pretty decent service, although the code does not always come within the 18 hours stated, but I probably should have been a little more prepared and done this earlier.

alysaa
3/17/15

I've been trying to unlock for phone for weeks, it was always the same story...there's no code, it isn't unlockable yet, try again in a few weeks. The Unlock team provided me with a code on the day I ordered and I couldn't find a better service anywhere. So a thumbs up from me and a full on recommendation thanks so much

scami
3/16/15

This is a fraudulent scam site they don't have the ability to unlock any phones, they will take your credit card information And steal your money. Believe all the negative reviews on here, all the positive reviews are from the unlock team cloaked.. Probably some guy living in his parents basement with no job.

There is an investigation open with capital one fraud managment and the police. If you have been robbed by them like many others and would like to contribute to the ivestigation please contact jblk8888@gmail.com

seana23
3/14/15

My friend recommended theunlockteam.com after unlocking her phone.

Though I would give it a go and ordered unlock code and received in about 16 hours, the code was for a Rogers locked Samsung note 3 and all it took was a code that I typed into the screen. I inserted a different career sim card and it asked me to enter unlock code.
I entered unlock code and got message that phone is unlocked now...!!!
Who knew it was so simple. Worth the ten bucks or so.
phone works fine and its been 3 days and everything works great...cant be better...!!!

Tip for consumers: Good for same day speed and price

yannickt4
3/13/15

Same as k l.

They guaranteed a refund which they never provided and to my surprise, I had two fraudulent charges of 500$ on bodog in the following days. At first I didn't think they were related but now I'm starting to think they are as I'm not the only one with this problem.

kl318
3/11/15

THEY ONLY RECEIVED A RATING BECAUSE THE WEBSITE REQUIRES THAT YOU ATLEAST GIVE ONE STAR...BUT THEY ARE NOT EVEN WORTH ZERO STARS....THEY SHOULD RECEIVE 5 DAGGERS!!!

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM...DID I MENTION THEY ARE A SCAM!!! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR A REFUND SINCE FEBRUARY 6, 2015. THEY SAY TO ALLOW 7 WORKING DAYS. THEN ONE MONTH LATER THERE WAS A CHARGE OF CLOSE TO $600 ON MY CREDIT CARD FROM
Evernote GmbHDirections
Wertpapierbörsen
Address: Walchestrasse 9, 8006 Zürich, Switzerland
Phone:+41 44 585 11 00

AND ANOTHER TO A MOVIE THEATER FOR $35

UNLOCK TEAM BILLS YOU FROM "CGBILLING. C DIGITAL GE IRL" AND EVERNOTE IS SUPPOSEDLY IN SWITZERLAND. BEWARE...BEWARE. CANCEL YOUR CREDIT CARD IF YOU HAVE PROVIDED THEM WITH YOUR INFORMATION.

kevins98
2/21/15

Couldn't unlock my phone gave the same excuse as the non fake reviews on here stay away from them joke of a site should be shut down

karlz4
2/16/15

Although it took longer than I expected, the staff were quick to respond when I had questions and worries. And most importantly, they eventually got my phone unlocked. I can't complain considering the low price so I'm a happy customer

ashanr
2/10/15

Wow, I can't express my gratitude enough. Myself and the family arrived on vacation to Thailand on Saturday, expecting our cell phones to work.....boy were we wrong, no service at all, we couldn't communicate. These people saved us from being stuck, together ALL the time (only joking) but seriously, we would have had to keep each other in sight at all times. We found this site and were sent codes each (three for each phone I think), the first worked in each case and we were able to use local chips. Not only were we able to communicate, but we were able to do it al a much lower price. So thank you so much and if any one else is stuck in a similar situation you know what to do.

Tip for consumers: Phones work with local chips abroad.

lynnc48
2/8/15

I recently unlocked a Nokia through your services and my code was delivered within the time specified. The transaction was smooth and impressive considering it saved a trip to my local mall (who were actually the same price). A good service for unlocking phones.

bernards24
2/4/15

I used unlockteam to unlock a brand new Samsung Note 4 received fro chrsitmas and the process was quick, simple and so well explained. I got the code within 24 hours (I ordered on a weekend) and I had the phone unlocked real quickly when the code arrived. I am very happy with the service and the follow-up courtesy email, to make sure I was happy and check to see if I had any problems. I would heartily recommend

peterw53
2/3/15

This service is a scam. They charged $8.99 and couldn't unlock my phone. Promised a refund. 3 emails later from Rebecca promising it will be looked after, still no refund. Guys everyone else charges $35 -$135 you figure it out. Rebecca probably is the one writing the 5* reviews. Have reported them to Mastercard hope they cut them off Go to www.theunlockingteam.com unlocked my iphone5 in 24 hours for $35. Oh by the way Rebecca or whatever your name is, do not reply with one of your bullsh*t standard reponses everyone is onto you.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site or pay them a dime will not unlock your phone and will not refund you!!!!

sineadm1
2/1/15

Fast and easy unlock without any hassle and at a sensible price, no spam filling my inbox after which is always a plus these days. I have used them before and will use them again, a very sensible service thank you.

tadicm
1/28/15

I ordered a code for the G2 which I've had sooo much trouble getting from anywhere after some issues with the network. There was a short wait but the code came to my email in a not unreasonable time and worked first time I'm pleased to say. Very happy to tell anyone that this was a happy purchase and helped lots

koryt6
1/27/15

If I could put zero stars I would. Tried to get an unlock code for my ELDERLY fathers phone because he likes flip phones in todays day and age and was told I would have it in 6 hours. GUESS WHAT. They "couldn't find a code for it." Said the money would be refunded in 10 days and everytime I try to email an actual person I get an automated message that the money will be refunded in 10 days and when I call the number it goes to somewhere in Africa or something. Biggest rip off ever. These people are pieces of $#*! scammers and I hope they burn in hell. Ripping off an elderly man who lives on a fixed income who needs a phone for emergencies.

Tip for consumers: It's a scam. Run

melanieh9
1/26/15

I thought 'why not' , it isn't much to lose so I'll give it a try. Contrary to my expectations, it worked without a problem and within an hour I had unlocked my mobile to use with my new service. I thought The Unlock Team very professional and very fast (my phone was locked to a local Croatian service bought at a market)

winstonw9
1/21/15

I submitted a phone type as "Bull$#*!" and a fake IMEI number. Guess what? Yup! These folks instantly told me that they has an unlock code for me!!
As follows:
Thank you for submitting an unlock request with us. We are pleased to tell you that it is possible to unlock your phone. If you continued to payment your order is currently processing and you will receive all information to this email address within 6-12 hours. In rare cases the process may take up to 24 hours.
If you did not continue to payment, you can do so by returning to out site at www.theunlockteam.com
Your Phone Details
Bull$#*!
353269690303075/09
Bell

Tip for consumers: One word tip for using this site: DON'T!

jabobs
1/18/15

My experience was very good. After searching for a reasonably priced unlock code for my S3 I settled on the unlock team. Although a code wasn't sent, a software app was issued which installed on my phone and then removed the sim lock (I don't really understand the technicalities...sorry).
There are many companies out there and I have used others in the past that supplied codes, but this was a nice alternative and recommended by myself.

timothyb42
1/14/15

Straight forward with no fuss, easy to unlock an iPhone 4, connected to Itunes! Used a Canadian carrier and now using a chip i the US. Happy :)

lemarj
1/12/15

They were very professional and after one support email worked very well . I can recommend them to any one. They did what they said they would do and in a fast manner.

kays28
1/10/15

Scammer alert. Do not use this website despite the good reviews. Everyone's bad review is on point and it's eexactly correct. They will not send your code not the refund.

Tip for consumers: Do not use. Scam website. Fraud.

doreens6
1/9/15

A wonderful website with excellent, polite staff that will help you every step of the way. Thanks you so much for the guidance, this was way above my expectations for the cost and I look forward to needing you again at some point when I get an upgrade

liamd13
1/7/15

Ok, this was the first time ive unlocked a phone online (have been to a store) and it seems to have worked without a hitch. I'm in the Bahamas having a holiday break and their local network card seems to be working. A good job done all round

peterr46
1/6/15

This turned out to be a real bargain site, so much cheaper than Telus. Step by step, I filled in my info, paid the site and received a code that same day, freeing up my phone to sell on ebay, hopefully should get a few extra dollars now so thanks

4 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the TheUnlockTeam staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I sent my request and still no answer email address is mistyaries@live.com
5/1/15
Answer
arekk1
A: Dont bay that is fraud , My Bank must replace my credit card becouse somene try buy any goods. Alway i bay using peypal but one time i bought from The Unlock Team and I lose my money never give me back .
5/4/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: Hi , I still haven't received my unlock code . I sent the request and payment yesterday. Is there any problem?
5/19/15
Answer
garya26
A: My phone is a Nexus 5. It is factory unlocked. I didn't know this and ordered an unlock from TheUnlockTeam. Kept my money!
5/19/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the TheUnlockTeam staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

4 Photos for TheUnlockTeam