US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

samuelb46

this one took me two days and was supposed to be 24 hours. (in 10 reviews)

samc75

I was already on holiday when the code came through. (in 120 reviews)

welshj

Great service, my phone was up and running in no time from a flawless service at an exceptional cost. (in 144 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

chrism248
4/29/16

Not able to provide any code and that do not refund. Stay away

lolam20
4/28/16

I was very impressed with the delivery speed for the LG I was unlocking. The code arrived so fast and was accurate. I am still awaiting a code for my iPhone, this was ordered a few days ago so is taking longer than I thought. Guess some phones take longer to unlock than others but they should tel you that

kristinas39
4/26/16

I ordered an unlock code and like many others my phone could not be unlocked. I was told I would receive a refund and its been 3 weeks and I have yet to see a single dollar WARNING do not use this service cause their money back guarantee is a load of BS, you will not receive your money back if they cant unlock it

junea16
4/17/16

Just has my LG locked to vodafone unlocked in four hours for a few dollars. Good deal. I installed my new sim card and all is up and running perfectly. Thanks for a great service.

asafg
4/11/16

Good for the cost but maybe slow at getting the code delivered. Maybe not a good one to use if you are in a hurry. Luckily I wasn't and now have an unlocked phone. CS replied to my emails and kept me up to date with the delay. Would use again

jennac24
4/8/16

They were unable to unlock my phone. I requested a refund and they have stopped replying to my emails. SCAM!

ellac29
4/3/16

Absolute trash. I was told I would get a refund since they could not unlock my phone, a few weeks later, still no refund, so I emailed them. I got a reply saying they would follow up and that I would get my refund within the week, another month later still no refund. I've emailed 3 times since then, and haven't received ANY RESPONSE AT ALL. I will be contacting PayPal after this to let them know they are partnering with a SCAM company.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THE UNLOCK TEAM.

caroled10
3/26/16

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY i have been chasing for my refund for past 2 weeks now to have been told to get the charges made from my card back from my bank as they sent refund yet cant provide me with any proof they have actually sent me refund my bank has insisted that no refund has been sent to my account then THESE RIP OFF SCAMMERS had the nerve to send me an email asking for me to forward them a copy of my bank statement like yeah right you have ripped me of once not a hope in hells chance am i going to send you a copy of my bank statment. PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A COMPANY YOU WILL GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY AN BE LEFT WITH NO SERVICE YOU PAID FOR AN NOT A HOPE IN HELL OF GETTING A REFUND i have also reported this bogus scam company to google as i am shocked they allow scammers to use there site

terryr44
3/10/16

They are bad thieves. They are incompetent an try to steal your money. Use PayPal so you stay in control. They said they could unlock my Z10 and to pay. I paid then the email came saying they can't unlock it after all and I would get a refund in 3-5 days. I was upset that it takes 3 -5 days to click a PayPal refund button. I waited 1 week ... no refund. I emailed Where's my refund!! I got a reply that it could be 10 more days and if I don't see it to email again!! Are you serious!! I emailed a threat to contact PayPal if I didn't get a refund within 24 hours! They had to ask for my email to send the refund??? This company should be shut down and investigated by the IRS!!! They gave my refund after the threat.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BE A SUCKER!!

sianaf
3/7/16

I used this website to unlock my LG G3 last week. Communication was excellent and I received a code in under 3 hours. There were a few issues with the process, first their website crashed after payment. I contacted their email and received confirmation that the order had gone through and an apology in a reasonable time.
When the codes arrived I was again a little confused as there were five codes, not one. Again I contacted them and they explained the NCK code was the one I should use and the others were only needed for other reasons by a small amount of phones, I won't go into the details lol as I still don't really get it!
My phones now unlocked and the first code did the trick. Good experience and they were very fast answering my questions and helping me through the whole process

anniew25
3/6/16

I should read the reviews before selecting them for the service. Afterward I gave them my cellphone information, they sent me the response said they can unlock the phone and asked for payment. I did. They replied me later and said they wouldn't give me the code because I still have contract without my service supplier. They would send me the refund in two weeks. I found out they actually charged me twice. Didn't get money back after a month, I contacted them. With many emails and told them I would ask my Master card to investigate the payment, they finally gave me one charge back. It's not that much money, but it made you very frustrated.

paulk127
3/4/16

Total scam avoid at all cost. You will lose your money with no service provided. Please do your research and choose a reputable company.

bs87
3/2/16

Its been 3 weeks and still no refund.

fidaz
2/23/16

Agree with others, code is slow! Took three days for mine. No hurry luckily so no prob to me. Was a htc code. Easy instructions in the email tho and lock was removed from the phone and the new sim working no issue. Not sure if they are cheapest didn't really look about. Code is 8 numbers, the people making the phones should not be putting locks on in the first place

averagej
2/22/16

Their policy of Full Refund....Doesn't happen within the time frame stated.
They give excuses about it usually takes longer, some technical error
Can we refund to your PayPal account?
That will cost you even more

There are a lot of these unlocking companies, all may be good until you have to try to get a refund because your phone can't be unlocked.....choose carefully

brendanb17
2/15/16

OK, so I did receive an unlock pin for my LG smart phone...eventually. It took three days, way more than advertised so be aware you may be waiting longer than the 24 they state. I contated CS several times and replies were slow which was kinda frsutrating!
The code did come however, and unlocked the phone immediately so that was good. I would go back but please answer emails faster!

bb116
2/8/16

i ordered a unlock code and they failed to provide me the code and they said i would get refund in 7 days and it has been more than 30 days now and no refund , i tried contacting and they dont even reply back to it,they are freaking scam....

raphaeld11
1/21/16

Whit all these Bad Experience about this WebSite I am Reading Scares Me. Now I Hesitate even more after seing that they dont even have Paypal for check out !?

remih
1/18/16

Thanks to unlock team for my fast code received on the same day and for 12 dollars.My phone unlocked and the firmware updated with no problem, all still running good (new lolipop upgrade did not relock which was a worry). Great job

brycem17
1/4/16

It says iPhone get instant unlock but I am still waiting .. My boyfriend used his card and said to me I really hope this isn't a scam.. Wish I would have looked it up first

josepht70
12/17/15

Their responses are hilarious in one email they sent me a receipt, the next they claim i'm not in the system, then i dispute the payment and they claim the servers are down and they cannot process purchase until its resolved and then you send me another email stating that you think I am contacting the wrong company. I really hope that there is a way for paypal to block all payments to theunlockteam.com. They have multiple shell companies phoneunlockshop.ca also and now they want me to email expressunlockcodes@gmail.com which is no doubt another shell company. Rebecca don't bother replying to this as I've already emailed you multiple times

ciarab1
12/15/15

First up, my code worked without a hitch and was for my Samsung S3 locked to tmobile. I didn't realize the phone was locked and made the mistake of traveling expecting to be able to use a new sim without issue, I was mistaken. The code was supposed to come in under a day but I received an email telling me it may take up to 72 hours. This was pretty much how long it took, which was too slow considering I was without a phone and had no way to contact anyone without paying crazy roaming charges. But regardless, it came and it worked so I'm glad

Tip for consumers: May take longer than they tell you to get the code

dinop5
12/14/15

HERE IS THEIR CONTACT NUMBER FOR ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS BEEN SCAMMED
they use CG billing to cover themselves and cg billing is also a scam group
3-497-636-2127

georgeg72
11/16/15

Took a little while- as in three days including the weekend which seems like a long time for such a small job but the code worked fantastic (motorola) and for the price- I aint gonna knock it.

julioa9
11/10/15

I did get a code...eventually, and it did unlock the HTC like it was supposed to. But why advertise instant when it took nearly a day. Luckily it wasn't an emergency and I could wait, hence four stars and not three.
Bar that the instructions were clear and there were no issues with the code, so I can't really comment on after sales service. The work was done, the price was fair....update you're time scales maybe!

eld612
11/10/15

These scammers charged me for a service they cant offer and refuse to return my money. Just know people work hard for their money and be careful who you fcuking with.

calr8
11/5/15

Only gave them one star because I had to to continue posting. Gave out reluctantly all of my personal and credit card info for a simple service that in their own email said was possible. Waited till the next day for again in their own words"

"Thank you for submitting an unlock request with us. We are pleased to tell you that it is possible to unlock your phone. If you continued to payment your order is currently processing and you will receive all information to this email address within 6-12 hours. In rare cases the process may take up to 24 hours."

only to be told it was not possible and now I had to wait up to seven days to get my money back. Will let everyone know if I actually get it back or not.

Will take it to the local electronics store where they can do it. Considering this is the sites specialty (unlocking phones) you have to ask yourself WTF!

carolb91
11/2/15

I needed a code to unlock my phone for travel so I could use a local card (for data use). I received the code and some simple instructions in less than three hours, straight into the phone with no issue and a success message. I haven't tried the new card in Panama yet but my wife's went in no problem and she's using a different provider. Good job, very good value for money

samuelb46
10/27/15

I agree about the time it takes to receive your code, it's too long! this one took me two days and was supposed to be 24 hours. They did email me with an update at the 24 hours mark saying there was a delay on the unlocking server which they had no control over, so I guess it wasn't there fault. Regardless the code worked as planned and my new sim card went in without a hitch. So four stars, could do better if the codes came a little faster

sarahm174
10/23/15

Have not responded now to several emails querying the code or a refund. Payment has been taken. Really needed this unlocked today

josee17
10/8/15

This was my first time unlocking a phone and was for my HTC that was locked when bought second hand (they said it was unlocked, fool me). My code was sent in less than a day, around four hours. Perfectly happy with these guys service. Other sites costs seemed similar, there was one a little cheaper but delivery said up to 48 hours and you know how it is, faster the better.
I would and will use again and for me was very happy with the work

hanis1
10/4/15

I wish I never used the unlock team for the headache they have caused to me, first of all they've charged my card twice didn't even received any unlock code to my locked phone, two days after I see another 2 charges from another company I'm not aware of, and it seemed like my credit card has been hijacked. My advice of you want a piece of mind don't use the unlock team they advertise cheap for something they can't do, then you wind up calling your credit card companies to change your cards for unknowing and unheard of charges from different companies. good luck

yvesm9
9/23/15

Original review: September 23rd, 2015

I should have read the reviews first. Any set of reviews that has only superlatives book-ended by problem reviews has to indicate problems with a business if this is indeed a legitimate one.

I unwisely put in the cell phone details on the online form, pressed the "Unlock My Phone" button, got an auto-reply from sales@theunlockteam.com stating the phone could be unlocked and my browser was redirected to an order web page. The order goes through a payment company (secure.commercegate.com) which charges in US dollars. This is why the actual credit card charge is higher than indicated on the website ($8.99 USD). This being a common situation for Canadians ordering on the internet, it did not alarm me as such but is a deceptive practice.

The first indication of a problem was that once the payment was accepted, the following screen appeared: http://theunlockteam.com/html/thankyou.php

There was no order confirmation number, no receipt, and in checking my e-mails including the junk folder over the next several hours, no e-mail with information about the transaction or anything else.

Time to look up information on this company and look for reviews. I found this review website and read the reviews. Uh-oh. Right away I knew there could be a problem.

I'll give it until the morning before contacting the credit card company to request a charge back. It is pretty good in doing this with respect to credit card transactions over the internet where nothing was delivered.

Should I actually get any further communication from this organization, I'll post an updated evaluation here.

Update: September 24th, 2015 - 9 am

I see there is a form reply below that is identical to that made by "Rebecca" to all the recent negative reviews asking for a transaction number even though they know very well that their website does not generate one nor do they send a transaction confirmation e-mail.

That is not to say the "business" has not been active. Yes, I was billed $11.95 CAD at the time of the transaction by "CGBILLINGCOM" and again this morning (4:26 am - roughly at the time "Rebecca" responded to this review) for another $11.95 CAD by "CGBILLINGCOM".

I checked my junk folder this morning, and there was indeed an e-mail from "Rebecca" using the address sales@theunlockteam.com and was sent at 4:01 am, again near the time of the second charge and the response to my negative review. This time, it did have an order number. Sure enough, it was the same form letter sent to all other clients stating my cell phone could not be unlocked for the same standard spurious reasons and promising a refund within 7 days. That did not prevent "Rebecca" from putting through a second charge to my credit card a half-hour later.

Ok, time for a charge-back call to my credit card company.

Overall, this appears to be a small operation / side business, perhaps only one person, operating several online businesses out of their rather luxurious home (Styles Resort Homes) at 3221 Sunrise Walk, Kissimmee, Florida 34747. In looking further, and if I am to believe any of the positive reviews, it could be that this person has some old public domain software for looking up unlock codes (see http://www.theunlockteam.com/html/member.html). This is probably OK for generating codes for some cell phone brands and models but not others. To cover up this inadequacy, the business owner has a ready form e-mail to blame the customer for his inability to provide a code. I simply cannot recommend such an unprofessional business, one more designed to collect money for personal use rather than legitimately provide a service.

Final update: 24 September 2015 - 11 am

Charge-back completed, credit card cancelled and new one on the way.

Tip for consumers: If you place an order, be ready to phone your credit card company to make a charge-back and check with you credit card company for double-billing. Even better - save yourself some grief and find another business to deal with.

brentm32
9/23/15

Why did I get charged $12 instead of $4.99 when they could not even find a code? I have requested a refund.

samc75
8/25/15

First off, this isn't instant! I was already on holiday when the code came through. But it did work and it was cheap. Please don't advertise instant when it is NOT instant and I would consider using you again!

celinas1
8/22/15

Guess I was a lucky one, I had no problems with my code, it worked just fine. I entered a new sim card and it picked up my service within a few seconds and my code came in a few hours (although not immediately like I thought it would). I give a good rating for a good experience!

rs82
8/22/15

like everyone else on here, take your money, send an email saying can't get the code. Never receive refund. If you look at the owner they've doing it for years under different company names. Went through credit card to get cash back. Cancelled my card to prevent further dodgy transactions. Hate interent scammers. Don't think I'll stop with a review - trading standards next!!

johnp259
8/13/15

The unlock team is a pure scam service. They told me that I would receive an unlock code within a day after I submitted my IMEI code and that everything was suitable for unlock. Then, they told me as soon as I paid that it could not be unlocked and that I would eventually be refunded, but I have not seen any money.

Rebecca is a scam artist and I think she just gets people to pay without properly providing a service or refunding them.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it, it is a total scam!

j-jonahj
8/13/15

519 carroll street sunnyvale they live in the general area most likely in this household if not close by also ip is 98.139.135.129

michaelk96
7/20/15

I'd like to know when I am to get my refund since you could not unlock my phone

stonestones
7/6/15

They couldn't unlock my phone and promised a refund. I never got one, nor did "Rebecca" respond to my email asking about it.

hollyp7
7/1/15

This us bull$#*!. Their website says "we provide you with unlocking information immediately after purchase. No waiting." Don't believe it! First they tell you " We are pleased to tell you that it is possible to unlock your phone." Next you get this frustrating load of crap: "If you continued to payment your order is currently processing and you will receive all information to this email address within 6-12 hours. In rare cases the process may take up to 24 hours. " So first you're going to mislead me by saying I'll receive my code immediately after I hand out my credit card information, and then you charge me, and then you tell me it will take 6-12 hours? Well thanks for screwing me over on that one! Now I have no option but to wait and see what happens next. Very impatiently I wait for the email that says here's the code: blah blah blah. But instead, ten hours later, I get an email saying "We apologize that on this occasion we have been unable to obtain an unlock code for your phone using the imei number you supplied. This could be due to many factors, please check the list below to ensure none of these apply to your phone:

The phone is blacklisted by the provider or reported lost or stolen
• It is now illegal within the USA to unlock Phones purchased after January 26th
2013, if your phone was purchased after this date it cannot be locked
• The IMEI number submitted was incorrect "

My first response was all of that for nothing. Oh and not to mention they have my $#*!ing credit card information.
My next response was LOL because I have a Canadian phone, locked to a Canadian network. Because American laws are going to get in the way if I'm in Canada!!

After emailing several times, I have had no response from this "Rebecca". "She" is probably some fat dude sitting at his computer in his mother's basement scamming for a living.

Lesson learned: DON'T USE THIS SITE! ITS CHEAPER THAN THE REST BECAUSE THEY DRAW EVERYONE IN AND JUST TAKE YOUR INFORMATION AND MONEY AND RUN!!!! WHY THEY HAVEN'T BEEN SHUT DOWN YET I DON'T KNOW!!! COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME!

Tip for consumers: Never use this site!

walterk20
6/16/15

As others on this site, my card was charged and the next day they replied that they can't get a code. They assured me that a refund would be given as they couldn't provide the code. After a month of back and forth emails, "Rebecca" informed me that there has been a "technical error" in processing my refund. Total scam! Don't waste your money!

furais
6/14/15

Scam. Took my money in seconds but never give them back as failed to provide code.

Fraud!!!

Do not Use!!!!

shawnag
6/9/15

Nokia needed a code to use a new provider and I received a good service and at what I think was a good price. A code was sent after checkout but I needed some help entering it in the phone so I contacted the email address for support. Although the reply took several hours they did help me with the request and now the code is in and the phone seems to be unlocked

bfp
6/4/15

They take your money in 30 seconds. Dont give a receipt just an automated BS letter that says wait up to 24 hours. They dont tell you that you have to wait for code until after you pay. I still dont have code. 5 emails none answered. Then this Rebecca on here tells you to email them they will resolve. No they wont. Be careful. You pay you lose your money.

curtisa10
6/2/15

The Unlockteam.com do not do business with these FRAUDULENT F**KS,

My experience; Fill order form to unlock phone, credit card info and press button to complete. Got sent to a redirect page which never completely loaded, so i left it to allow time to load. URL bar produced some info (which contained your usual characters and also a generic "Thank you." So i'm thinking, "great." Now it's just a waiting game. I got an almost instantaneous response from the company with the information regarding the phone i'd submitted information for, at which point I proceeded to wait. Still nothing after 24 hours. After 24 hours, I sent an email requesting info...however guess what? They never sent me an email containing a receipt, just an email stipulating how long to wait and to parrot back my cell information. Now they are saying they cannot find anything on their system. That's great.

rohtazs
5/25/15

I gave all the information to the unlock team about my cell phone and made the payment.
I did not even get the receipt and my money was deducted in a jiffy.
Now no response from the unlock team.

Fraud !!!

andyk32
5/14/15

Wasted my money to get an unlock code unlockteam.com is a total rip off and don't waste your money

lilyl23
5/14/15

I paid for a service they were unable to provide. It took seconds for them to charge my visa card and 18 days, 5 emails and bad reviews on 2 different sites for them to refund the money! Not impressed!

21 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the TheUnlockTeam staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Add your answer
Answer
rebeccas26
A: Hi there,

If you need an update regarding a refund you can contact us at refunds@theunlockteam.com.com and we will keep you updated.

Kind Regards
Paul
Helpful answer
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the TheUnlockTeam staff and other customers.

4 Photos for TheUnlockTeam