US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

judev2

Customer service was superb, with replies to all my emails in a few hours. (in 11 reviews)

simonh55

I wasted several weeks trying to get an unlock code from my network and a shop in the mall. (in 85 reviews)

welshj

Great service, my phone was up and running in no time from a flawless service at an exceptional cost. (in 117 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

lakdsjfl
4/21/15

01??396600295uu1829000
Carrier = ytr
Who thinks the info above is real and would produce a working unlock code

After reading someone else doing it I thought I would try it and looks like it worked. I put in 2 question marks to make sure the Imei wouldn't be real.

karissah
4/21/15

My service provider would not unlock my Huawei Ascend and after more than a week of waiting for the support to get back to me I tried this service. The one downside was that it was not immediate at all, but for a very reasonable cost I was able to get a the unlock key that worked first off. As I am overseas and needed my phone unlocked I was very relieved to be able to use the local sim that I had purchased. Definitely money well spent.

ag624
4/19/15

Sadly I only found this review site when I had been scammed otherwise I wouldt have used them. Also other reviews are identical to my case ie unlockteam claim they have a code, take my money, then say no code really will make a refund. Needless to say no refund was made. BUT then it transpired a fraudulent purchase was made with my card details, this HAD to be related to the phone transaction as I did not use this card on the internet ever. Other reviewers also found fraudulent activity after making a payment to unlock phones but unlock phone unsurprisingly deny any knowledge, i presume they are not intentionally involved in internet fraud but a few too many people have experienced the same as me so if they are not willing to find out why their customers are subsequently scammmed after giving them the cc details, then it doesnt look well for them. The guards and bank are now investigating this fraud. Rebecca if you read this please take action and refunf my 6.99 you took for a non existant product.

codiek1
4/13/15

A galaxy unlock was requested on Saturday and delivered earlier this morning. The code was accepted by my phone and a new sim chip inserted and accepted. Not a bad price at all although delivery was a little slow, but it was the weekend.

kathiec
4/7/15

It says ita only 8.99 then charges you alnost 12 dollars. Then after waiting until the next day, they tell you cant unlock it. I tried with two different phones. Do not believe any the the fake reviews on here saying it works. complete and utterly bull$#*!

karimk9
4/7/15

It's taken me so long to get this phone unlocked, honestly, the service providers are so bad at this, they wanted 50 bucks and wanted me to wait a month...A MONTH! The unlock team had a code to me in less than a day, how is there a difference. But anyhow, the phones unlocked and the unlock teamwas a great site to use so thanks.

louiseh32
3/29/15

I wanted to share my experience as it was a good one. We needed to unlock our nokia phone and wanted to avoid vodafone as they were so expensive. This site was very straight forward to use and a code was shown after payment to enter into the phone. Nothing went wrong, the code worked and I have a new sim card in now. nice service guys, we really appreciate it and will be back if ever needed again

masiha
3/25/15

I bought 3 unlock codes for 3 different phones and paid for them they couldnt find the unlocking code and I never got money back.
total scam never buy anything from their website!!

abhid
3/25/15

This solved my unlocking problems great.Great communication from start to the end and easy instructions but a help centre if its needed, it wasnt and I managed to unlock it using the instruction. Good to unlock your phones

lorrettah
3/23/15

This was an old phone locked to Vodafone that I found in a drawer and thought would be a good backup! But it was locked and the vodafone website wanted a small fortune to unlock it.
Tried a few sites but I figure the phone was just too old and not supported anymore, this site had the code to me fast so I'm a happy camper.

arekk1
3/22/15

That site is fraud . I pay for unlock and I heave information we cant unlock your code . After 3 weeks call to me from my credit card about fraud on my card . Someone try tu buy any diferent goods for 800 Euro. Last time I never bay something from USA . From Bank give mi information about baying Those goods in USA that is only I site where I give my detalis when I pay for Unlocking .

royceb19
3/19/15

Unfortunately I didn't receive the code until I had arrived in Cyprus, meaning I was roaming with my home sim for a few hours and we all know how expensive that is! But the code did come and I had no problems using it, so all in all a pretty decent service, although the code does not always come within the 18 hours stated, but I probably should have been a little more prepared and done this earlier.

alysaa
3/17/15

I've been trying to unlock for phone for weeks, it was always the same story...there's no code, it isn't unlockable yet, try again in a few weeks. The Unlock team provided me with a code on the day I ordered and I couldn't find a better service anywhere. So a thumbs up from me and a full on recommendation thanks so much

scami
3/16/15

This is a fraudulent scam site they don't have the ability to unlock any phones, they will take your credit card information And steal your money. Believe all the negative reviews on here, all the positive reviews are from the unlock team cloaked.. Probably some guy living in his parents basement with no job.

There is an investigation open with capital one fraud managment and the police. If you have been robbed by them like many others and would like to contribute to the ivestigation please contact jblk8888@gmail.com

seana23
3/14/15

My friend recommended theunlockteam.com after unlocking her phone.

Though I would give it a go and ordered unlock code and received in about 16 hours, the code was for a Rogers locked Samsung note 3 and all it took was a code that I typed into the screen. I inserted a different career sim card and it asked me to enter unlock code.
I entered unlock code and got message that phone is unlocked now...!!!
Who knew it was so simple. Worth the ten bucks or so.
phone works fine and its been 3 days and everything works great...cant be better...!!!

Tip for consumers: Good for same day speed and price

yannickt4
3/13/15

Same as k l.

They guaranteed a refund which they never provided and to my surprise, I had two fraudulent charges of 500$ on bodog in the following days. At first I didn't think they were related but now I'm starting to think they are as I'm not the only one with this problem.

kl318
3/11/15

THEY ONLY RECEIVED A RATING BECAUSE THE WEBSITE REQUIRES THAT YOU ATLEAST GIVE ONE STAR...BUT THEY ARE NOT EVEN WORTH ZERO STARS....THEY SHOULD RECEIVE 5 DAGGERS!!!

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM...DID I MENTION THEY ARE A SCAM!!! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR A REFUND SINCE FEBRUARY 6, 2015. THEY SAY TO ALLOW 7 WORKING DAYS. THEN ONE MONTH LATER THERE WAS A CHARGE OF CLOSE TO $600 ON MY CREDIT CARD FROM
Evernote GmbHDirections
Wertpapierbörsen
Address: Walchestrasse 9, 8006 Zürich, Switzerland
Phone:+41 44 585 11 00

AND ANOTHER TO A MOVIE THEATER FOR $35

UNLOCK TEAM BILLS YOU FROM "CGBILLING. C DIGITAL GE IRL" AND EVERNOTE IS SUPPOSEDLY IN SWITZERLAND. BEWARE...BEWARE. CANCEL YOUR CREDIT CARD IF YOU HAVE PROVIDED THEM WITH YOUR INFORMATION.

kevins98
2/21/15

Couldn't unlock my phone gave the same excuse as the non fake reviews on here stay away from them joke of a site should be shut down

karlz4
2/16/15

Although it took longer than I expected, the staff were quick to respond when I had questions and worries. And most importantly, they eventually got my phone unlocked. I can't complain considering the low price so I'm a happy customer

ashanr
2/10/15

Wow, I can't express my gratitude enough. Myself and the family arrived on vacation to Thailand on Saturday, expecting our cell phones to work.....boy were we wrong, no service at all, we couldn't communicate. These people saved us from being stuck, together ALL the time (only joking) but seriously, we would have had to keep each other in sight at all times. We found this site and were sent codes each (three for each phone I think), the first worked in each case and we were able to use local chips. Not only were we able to communicate, but we were able to do it al a much lower price. So thank you so much and if any one else is stuck in a similar situation you know what to do.

Tip for consumers: Phones work with local chips abroad.

lynnc48
2/8/15

I recently unlocked a Nokia through your services and my code was delivered within the time specified. The transaction was smooth and impressive considering it saved a trip to my local mall (who were actually the same price). A good service for unlocking phones.

bernards24
2/4/15

I used unlockteam to unlock a brand new Samsung Note 4 received fro chrsitmas and the process was quick, simple and so well explained. I got the code within 24 hours (I ordered on a weekend) and I had the phone unlocked real quickly when the code arrived. I am very happy with the service and the follow-up courtesy email, to make sure I was happy and check to see if I had any problems. I would heartily recommend

peterw53
2/3/15

This service is a scam. They charged $8.99 and couldn't unlock my phone. Promised a refund. 3 emails later from Rebecca promising it will be looked after, still no refund. Guys everyone else charges $35 -$135 you figure it out. Rebecca probably is the one writing the 5* reviews. Have reported them to Mastercard hope they cut them off Go to www.theunlockingteam.com unlocked my iphone5 in 24 hours for $35. Oh by the way Rebecca or whatever your name is, do not reply with one of your bullsh*t standard reponses everyone is onto you.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site or pay them a dime will not unlock your phone and will not refund you!!!!

sineadm1
2/1/15

Fast and easy unlock without any hassle and at a sensible price, no spam filling my inbox after which is always a plus these days. I have used them before and will use them again, a very sensible service thank you.

tadicm
1/28/15

I ordered a code for the G2 which I've had sooo much trouble getting from anywhere after some issues with the network. There was a short wait but the code came to my email in a not unreasonable time and worked first time I'm pleased to say. Very happy to tell anyone that this was a happy purchase and helped lots

koryt6
1/27/15

If I could put zero stars I would. Tried to get an unlock code for my ELDERLY fathers phone because he likes flip phones in todays day and age and was told I would have it in 6 hours. GUESS WHAT. They "couldn't find a code for it." Said the money would be refunded in 10 days and everytime I try to email an actual person I get an automated message that the money will be refunded in 10 days and when I call the number it goes to somewhere in Africa or something. Biggest rip off ever. These people are pieces of $#*! scammers and I hope they burn in hell. Ripping off an elderly man who lives on a fixed income who needs a phone for emergencies.

Tip for consumers: It's a scam. Run

melanieh9
1/26/15

I thought 'why not' , it isn't much to lose so I'll give it a try. Contrary to my expectations, it worked without a problem and within an hour I had unlocked my mobile to use with my new service. I thought The Unlock Team very professional and very fast (my phone was locked to a local Croatian service bought at a market)

winstonw9
1/21/15

I submitted a phone type as "Bull$#*!" and a fake IMEI number. Guess what? Yup! These folks instantly told me that they has an unlock code for me!!
As follows:
Thank you for submitting an unlock request with us. We are pleased to tell you that it is possible to unlock your phone. If you continued to payment your order is currently processing and you will receive all information to this email address within 6-12 hours. In rare cases the process may take up to 24 hours.
If you did not continue to payment, you can do so by returning to out site at www.theunlockteam.com
Your Phone Details
Bull$#*!
353269690303075/09
Bell

Tip for consumers: One word tip for using this site: DON'T!

jabobs
1/18/15

My experience was very good. After searching for a reasonably priced unlock code for my S3 I settled on the unlock team. Although a code wasn't sent, a software app was issued which installed on my phone and then removed the sim lock (I don't really understand the technicalities...sorry).
There are many companies out there and I have used others in the past that supplied codes, but this was a nice alternative and recommended by myself.

timothyb42
1/14/15

Straight forward with no fuss, easy to unlock an iPhone 4, connected to Itunes! Used a Canadian carrier and now using a chip i the US. Happy :)

lemarj
1/12/15

They were very professional and after one support email worked very well . I can recommend them to any one. They did what they said they would do and in a fast manner.

kays28
1/10/15

Scammer alert. Do not use this website despite the good reviews. Everyone's bad review is on point and it's eexactly correct. They will not send your code not the refund.

Tip for consumers: Do not use. Scam website. Fraud.

doreens6
1/9/15

A wonderful website with excellent, polite staff that will help you every step of the way. Thanks you so much for the guidance, this was way above my expectations for the cost and I look forward to needing you again at some point when I get an upgrade

liamd13
1/7/15

Ok, this was the first time ive unlocked a phone online (have been to a store) and it seems to have worked without a hitch. I'm in the Bahamas having a holiday break and their local network card seems to be working. A good job done all round

peterr46
1/6/15

This turned out to be a real bargain site, so much cheaper than Telus. Step by step, I filled in my info, paid the site and received a code that same day, freeing up my phone to sell on ebay, hopefully should get a few extra dollars now so thanks

ttx
1/5/15

Definitely scam !! I was charged 10$ instead of 4.99$ as saying on the page,then they sent me an email saying My phone can't be unlocked, they even asked me to try one of their jailbreak software ,it certainly would be fraud again! I already canceled my credit card to avoid more loss.

muhammads19
1/3/15

I wanted to unlock an fairly older phone locked to At&t. I entered my model and the price for the code was fair. I received my code very quickly and was sent the provided instructions and a twelve number code This was my second purchase from this company and I would use them if I need another

franklinj8
12/30/14

A site that was open during the holidays! Thank goodness. A fast code for my phone was delivered and I and no problems with the use so a recommendation to any and all

jamesa98
12/29/14

Well I made the ultimate mistake with my daughters Christmas gift and got a phone locked to the wrong network....pandemonium. Luckily a simple search and we had an unlocking solution delivered right to our email on Christmas day. To be open during Christmas shows an above and beyond service for me...and a happy daughter made it all the better. So my heartfelt thanks and enjoy the holidays

samb109
12/29/14

Guys this is a scam website. I ordred an unlock code and was told that my IMEI can't be unlocked so I will be refunded with my payment. Now it has been almost 2 monthss no refund was received and I had a $259.98 worth of fraud charges suspiciously after dealing with this site. I will be reporting this website to RCMP Canada to have this blacklisted and be forced to shut down. The more we report this bastards the better it will stop them from scamming more people. GUYS BEWARE!

lionk2
12/28/14

do NOT believe the positive reviews above, most likely lads from india or africa disguising themselves. just got their services to unlock my xperia, and here is what they wrote after charging my card:

"We apologize that on this occasion we have been unable to obtain an unlock code for your phone using the imei number you supplied. This could be due to many factors, please check the list below to ensure none of these apply to your phone:

- The phone is blacklisted by the provider or reported lost or stolen
- It is now illegal within the USA to unlock Phones purchased after January 26th 2013, if your phone was purchased after this date it cannot be unlocked
- The IMEI number submitted was incorrect

Your payment has been refunded in full, please allow up to seven working days for this to show in your account."

Now i bought the phone from vodafone ireland booth. im in IRELAND, not in the usa. and the phone is legit. and i double-checked the imei # to make sure i dont make a mistake. THE CONCLUSION : THIS SITE IS A FAKE. THEY DONT HAVE THE ABILITY TO UNLOCK PHONES. all making excuses. i dont think they will refund my money from the reviews above. SO BEWARE!

Tip for consumers: BEWARE of this site. Total scam !!!

simont20
12/22/14

What a joy this company were to use, not only was my code delivered in an amazingly fast time but the support was amazing and all I could ask for. You have done an excellent job and have my business for any unlocking needs thanks

pault51
12/18/14

What a nice sight it is to have another option, and a fast one at that. Thankyou for unlocking my phone, you were a superb service and very appreciated when you were needed

tareqs
12/15/14

We've just returned home from the most amazing trip to Europe and had our phones unlocked before traveling. Now we planned on using local sim cards to keep in contact with each other so had no idea if this had worked until we arrived and tried the cards out. Everything worked excellently, thank you so much for saving us the cost of roaming, we truly appreciate the work you are doing

samanthaw18
12/14/14

This the second time I've used this website.

The code is always sent out very quickly through an email. The first time I used the service I had some problems with unlocking but this was my fault and a quick email to CS sorted it. The second time I used the service my phone was unlocked on the first attempt and obviously I needed no help this time. All for a few euros. Very good service and will unquestionably use it again.

lucasj12
12/13/14

FINALLY....it's unlocked. Thank you sooo much, I've been trying to get AT and T to do this for weeks and it was always the excuse that it can take up to a month. A month to unlock a phone? When these people manage it in a day? What's with that. Take my advice, don't use your service people, go with an outside company like these, so much faster

tonyz4
12/13/14

One big fraud. Never managed to unlock my iphone 4S and they say they will give money back but never got it. Furthermore, my credit card was hacked after this transaction.
Don't say I didn't warn you.

samirt1
12/13/14

Its easy to do, its cheap and its quick. You don't need to be an expert on phones or a tech genius to use the software, it's real simple. Switch your phone off, take your SIM card out, switch back on after running the app. When I got the email, I then got a pdf with easy instructions, this is because my phone couldnt be unlocked my code so i had to use the program. Then switch it,off then on again and itll pick up the new network. Done.

niallp3
12/12/14

Terrible! Initially told me it could be done, then, having paid the money, receive an email effectively saying it could not be done. Went on ebay and it was done in 20 minutes. Avoid these guys like the plague. Have yet to discover if I get a refund or not.

amandar35
12/9/14

Very impressed, although the code took longer than I had anticipated, hence the four stars. But it went through so I am happy to have the phone unlocked as cinglar were wanting an exuberant amount of money, almost as much as the thing is worth. So thanks unlock team and I would come back