US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

samuelb46

this one took me two days and was supposed to be 24 hours. (in 9 reviews)

judev2

Customer service was superb, with replies to all my emails in a few hours. (in 11 reviews)

samc75

I was already on holiday when the code came through. (in 113 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

bb116
2/8/16

i ordered a unlock code and they failed to provide me the code and they said i would get refund in 7 days and it has been more than 30 days now and no refund , i tried contacting and they dont even reply back to it,they are freaking scam....

raphaeld11
1/21/16

Whit all these Bad Experience about this WebSite I am Reading Scares Me. Now I Hesitate even more after seing that they dont even have Paypal for check out !?

remih
1/18/16

Thanks to unlock team for my fast code received on the same day and for 12 dollars.My phone unlocked and the firmware updated with no problem, all still running good (new lolipop upgrade did not relock which was a worry). Great job

brycem17
1/4/16

It says iPhone get instant unlock but I am still waiting .. My boyfriend used his card and said to me I really hope this isn't a scam.. Wish I would have looked it up first

josepht70
12/17/15

Their responses are hilarious in one email they sent me a receipt, the next they claim i'm not in the system, then i dispute the payment and they claim the servers are down and they cannot process purchase until its resolved and then you send me another email stating that you think I am contacting the wrong company. I really hope that there is a way for paypal to block all payments to theunlockteam.com. They have multiple shell companies phoneunlockshop.ca also and now they want me to email expressunlockcodes@gmail.com which is no doubt another shell company. Rebecca don't bother replying to this as I've already emailed you multiple times

ciarab1
12/15/15

First up, my code worked without a hitch and was for my Samsung S3 locked to tmobile. I didn't realize the phone was locked and made the mistake of traveling expecting to be able to use a new sim without issue, I was mistaken. The code was supposed to come in under a day but I received an email telling me it may take up to 72 hours. This was pretty much how long it took, which was too slow considering I was without a phone and had no way to contact anyone without paying crazy roaming charges. But regardless, it came and it worked so I'm glad

Tip for consumers: May take longer than they tell you to get the code

dinop5
12/14/15

HERE IS THEIR CONTACT NUMBER FOR ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS BEEN SCAMMED
they use CG billing to cover themselves and cg billing is also a scam group
3-497-636-2127

tahirm
12/6/15

I tried using the unlock team's services to obtain an unlock code for my samsung galaxy S3 and not only did they not deliver as committed (apparently their database servers had an issue, which is quite strange considering its a two-bit company operating from a shack) but the code they delivered was wrong. Never got my money back nor did i hear back from them. Suggest you steer clear of these cheaters.

Tip for consumers: Please do not use their services unless you are willing to risk your money.

georgeg72
11/16/15

Took a little while- as in three days including the weekend which seems like a long time for such a small job but the code worked fantastic (motorola) and for the price- I aint gonna knock it.

julioa9
11/10/15

I did get a code...eventually, and it did unlock the HTC like it was supposed to. But why advertise instant when it took nearly a day. Luckily it wasn't an emergency and I could wait, hence four stars and not three.
Bar that the instructions were clear and there were no issues with the code, so I can't really comment on after sales service. The work was done, the price was fair....update you're time scales maybe!

eld612
11/10/15

These scammers charged me for a service they cant offer and refuse to return my money. Just know people work hard for their money and be careful who you fcuking with.

calr8
11/5/15

Only gave them one star because I had to to continue posting. Gave out reluctantly all of my personal and credit card info for a simple service that in their own email said was possible. Waited till the next day for again in their own words"

"Thank you for submitting an unlock request with us. We are pleased to tell you that it is possible to unlock your phone. If you continued to payment your order is currently processing and you will receive all information to this email address within 6-12 hours. In rare cases the process may take up to 24 hours."

only to be told it was not possible and now I had to wait up to seven days to get my money back. Will let everyone know if I actually get it back or not.

Will take it to the local electronics store where they can do it. Considering this is the sites specialty (unlocking phones) you have to ask yourself WTF!

carolb91
11/2/15

I needed a code to unlock my phone for travel so I could use a local card (for data use). I received the code and some simple instructions in less than three hours, straight into the phone with no issue and a success message. I haven't tried the new card in Panama yet but my wife's went in no problem and she's using a different provider. Good job, very good value for money

samuelb46
10/27/15

I agree about the time it takes to receive your code, it's too long! this one took me two days and was supposed to be 24 hours. They did email me with an update at the 24 hours mark saying there was a delay on the unlocking server which they had no control over, so I guess it wasn't there fault. Regardless the code worked as planned and my new sim card went in without a hitch. So four stars, could do better if the codes came a little faster

sarahm174
10/23/15

Have not responded now to several emails querying the code or a refund. Payment has been taken. Really needed this unlocked today

josee17
10/8/15

This was my first time unlocking a phone and was for my HTC that was locked when bought second hand (they said it was unlocked, fool me). My code was sent in less than a day, around four hours. Perfectly happy with these guys service. Other sites costs seemed similar, there was one a little cheaper but delivery said up to 48 hours and you know how it is, faster the better.
I would and will use again and for me was very happy with the work

hanis1
10/4/15

I wish I never used the unlock team for the headache they have caused to me, first of all they've charged my card twice didn't even received any unlock code to my locked phone, two days after I see another 2 charges from another company I'm not aware of, and it seemed like my credit card has been hijacked. My advice of you want a piece of mind don't use the unlock team they advertise cheap for something they can't do, then you wind up calling your credit card companies to change your cards for unknowing and unheard of charges from different companies. good luck

yvesm9
9/23/15

Original review: September 23rd, 2015

I should have read the reviews first. Any set of reviews that has only superlatives book-ended by problem reviews has to indicate problems with a business if this is indeed a legitimate one.

I unwisely put in the cell phone details on the online form, pressed the "Unlock My Phone" button, got an auto-reply from sales@theunlockteam.com stating the phone could be unlocked and my browser was redirected to an order web page. The order goes through a payment company (secure.commercegate.com) which charges in US dollars. This is why the actual credit card charge is higher than indicated on the website ($8.99 USD). This being a common situation for Canadians ordering on the internet, it did not alarm me as such but is a deceptive practice.

The first indication of a problem was that once the payment was accepted, the following screen appeared: http://theunlockteam.com/html/thankyou.php

There was no order confirmation number, no receipt, and in checking my e-mails including the junk folder over the next several hours, no e-mail with information about the transaction or anything else.

Time to look up information on this company and look for reviews. I found this review website and read the reviews. Uh-oh. Right away I knew there could be a problem.

I'll give it until the morning before contacting the credit card company to request a charge back. It is pretty good in doing this with respect to credit card transactions over the internet where nothing was delivered.

Should I actually get any further communication from this organization, I'll post an updated evaluation here.

Update: September 24th, 2015 - 9 am

I see there is a form reply below that is identical to that made by "Rebecca" to all the recent negative reviews asking for a transaction number even though they know very well that their website does not generate one nor do they send a transaction confirmation e-mail.

That is not to say the "business" has not been active. Yes, I was billed $11.95 CAD at the time of the transaction by "CGBILLINGCOM" and again this morning (4:26 am - roughly at the time "Rebecca" responded to this review) for another $11.95 CAD by "CGBILLINGCOM".

I checked my junk folder this morning, and there was indeed an e-mail from "Rebecca" using the address sales@theunlockteam.com and was sent at 4:01 am, again near the time of the second charge and the response to my negative review. This time, it did have an order number. Sure enough, it was the same form letter sent to all other clients stating my cell phone could not be unlocked for the same standard spurious reasons and promising a refund within 7 days. That did not prevent "Rebecca" from putting through a second charge to my credit card a half-hour later.

Ok, time for a charge-back call to my credit card company.

Overall, this appears to be a small operation / side business, perhaps only one person, operating several online businesses out of their rather luxurious home (Styles Resort Homes) at 3221 Sunrise Walk, Kissimmee, Florida 34747. In looking further, and if I am to believe any of the positive reviews, it could be that this person has some old public domain software for looking up unlock codes (see http://www.theunlockteam.com/html/member.html). This is probably OK for generating codes for some cell phone brands and models but not others. To cover up this inadequacy, the business owner has a ready form e-mail to blame the customer for his inability to provide a code. I simply cannot recommend such an unprofessional business, one more designed to collect money for personal use rather than legitimately provide a service.

Final update: 24 September 2015 - 11 am

Charge-back completed, credit card cancelled and new one on the way.

Tip for consumers: If you place an order, be ready to phone your credit card company to make a charge-back and check with you credit card company for double-billing. Even better - save yourself some grief and find another business to deal with.

brentm32
9/23/15

Why did I get charged $12 instead of $4.99 when they could not even find a code? I have requested a refund.

samc75
8/25/15

First off, this isn't instant! I was already on holiday when the code came through. But it did work and it was cheap. Please don't advertise instant when it is NOT instant and I would consider using you again!

celinas1
8/22/15

Guess I was a lucky one, I had no problems with my code, it worked just fine. I entered a new sim card and it picked up my service within a few seconds and my code came in a few hours (although not immediately like I thought it would). I give a good rating for a good experience!

rs82
8/22/15

like everyone else on here, take your money, send an email saying can't get the code. Never receive refund. If you look at the owner they've doing it for years under different company names. Went through credit card to get cash back. Cancelled my card to prevent further dodgy transactions. Hate interent scammers. Don't think I'll stop with a review - trading standards next!!

johnp259
8/13/15

The unlock team is a pure scam service. They told me that I would receive an unlock code within a day after I submitted my IMEI code and that everything was suitable for unlock. Then, they told me as soon as I paid that it could not be unlocked and that I would eventually be refunded, but I have not seen any money.

Rebecca is a scam artist and I think she just gets people to pay without properly providing a service or refunding them.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it, it is a total scam!

j-jonahj
8/13/15

519 carroll street sunnyvale they live in the general area most likely in this household if not close by also ip is 98.139.135.129

michaelk96
7/20/15

I'd like to know when I am to get my refund since you could not unlock my phone

stonestones
7/6/15

They couldn't unlock my phone and promised a refund. I never got one, nor did "Rebecca" respond to my email asking about it.

hollyp7
7/1/15

This us bull$#*!. Their website says "we provide you with unlocking information immediately after purchase. No waiting." Don't believe it! First they tell you " We are pleased to tell you that it is possible to unlock your phone." Next you get this frustrating load of crap: "If you continued to payment your order is currently processing and you will receive all information to this email address within 6-12 hours. In rare cases the process may take up to 24 hours. " So first you're going to mislead me by saying I'll receive my code immediately after I hand out my credit card information, and then you charge me, and then you tell me it will take 6-12 hours? Well thanks for screwing me over on that one! Now I have no option but to wait and see what happens next. Very impatiently I wait for the email that says here's the code: blah blah blah. But instead, ten hours later, I get an email saying "We apologize that on this occasion we have been unable to obtain an unlock code for your phone using the imei number you supplied. This could be due to many factors, please check the list below to ensure none of these apply to your phone:

The phone is blacklisted by the provider or reported lost or stolen
• It is now illegal within the USA to unlock Phones purchased after January 26th
2013, if your phone was purchased after this date it cannot be locked
• The IMEI number submitted was incorrect "

My first response was all of that for nothing. Oh and not to mention they have my $#*!ing credit card information.
My next response was LOL because I have a Canadian phone, locked to a Canadian network. Because American laws are going to get in the way if I'm in Canada!!

After emailing several times, I have had no response from this "Rebecca". "She" is probably some fat dude sitting at his computer in his mother's basement scamming for a living.

Lesson learned: DON'T USE THIS SITE! ITS CHEAPER THAN THE REST BECAUSE THEY DRAW EVERYONE IN AND JUST TAKE YOUR INFORMATION AND MONEY AND RUN!!!! WHY THEY HAVEN'T BEEN SHUT DOWN YET I DON'T KNOW!!! COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME!

Tip for consumers: Never use this site!

walterk20
6/16/15

As others on this site, my card was charged and the next day they replied that they can't get a code. They assured me that a refund would be given as they couldn't provide the code. After a month of back and forth emails, "Rebecca" informed me that there has been a "technical error" in processing my refund. Total scam! Don't waste your money!

furais
6/14/15

Scam. Took my money in seconds but never give them back as failed to provide code.

Fraud!!!

Do not Use!!!!

shawnag
6/9/15

Nokia needed a code to use a new provider and I received a good service and at what I think was a good price. A code was sent after checkout but I needed some help entering it in the phone so I contacted the email address for support. Although the reply took several hours they did help me with the request and now the code is in and the phone seems to be unlocked

bfp
6/4/15

They take your money in 30 seconds. Dont give a receipt just an automated BS letter that says wait up to 24 hours. They dont tell you that you have to wait for code until after you pay. I still dont have code. 5 emails none answered. Then this Rebecca on here tells you to email them they will resolve. No they wont. Be careful. You pay you lose your money.

curtisa10
6/2/15

The Unlockteam.com do not do business with these FRAUDULENT F**KS,

My experience; Fill order form to unlock phone, credit card info and press button to complete. Got sent to a redirect page which never completely loaded, so i left it to allow time to load. URL bar produced some info (which contained your usual characters and also a generic "Thank you." So i'm thinking, "great." Now it's just a waiting game. I got an almost instantaneous response from the company with the information regarding the phone i'd submitted information for, at which point I proceeded to wait. Still nothing after 24 hours. After 24 hours, I sent an email requesting info...however guess what? They never sent me an email containing a receipt, just an email stipulating how long to wait and to parrot back my cell information. Now they are saying they cannot find anything on their system. That's great.

rohtazs
5/25/15

I gave all the information to the unlock team about my cell phone and made the payment.
I did not even get the receipt and my money was deducted in a jiffy.
Now no response from the unlock team.

Fraud !!!

andyk32
5/14/15

Wasted my money to get an unlock code unlockteam.com is a total rip off and don't waste your money

lilyl23
5/14/15

I paid for a service they were unable to provide. It took seconds for them to charge my visa card and 18 days, 5 emails and bad reviews on 2 different sites for them to refund the money! Not impressed!

annam102
5/9/15

As said, an excellent effort my the unlock team got my S4 unlocked this weekend. I'm amazed that a third party can do it but my service provider can't? Can someone explain that one! But a big thanks regardless as it's up and running great. Cheers guys

martine34
5/7/15

Submitted all details as requested to their website about my phone and got a positive response that they could unlock my phone - next day got an email saying that they were now unable to unlock the phone. My credit card was however debited a few days later and six weeks on I am still trying to re-coup the charges. I am getting the 'technical issues' excuse. Have today contacted my CC company and they will get the money back. DO NOT USE this company.

melodieel
5/6/15

Would never recommend this site to anyone. My son bought code for $8.99 and charged $11 +.. Got an email next day saying unable to unlock and no refund almost a month later. Had one response from Rebecca saying takes 2 weeks for a refund . Still waiting for that refund

siobhant1
5/3/15

Took about 2 and a half days to complete from start to the end. The cost was maybe a little high but still cheaper than some sites and they have a good turn around time. I've used them in the past for unlocking BB's and they are flawless.
Didn't have alternate network SIM so did an iCloud backup and factory reset. Bought new SIM and there you go, the phone is up and running.
They are good.

mikej117
5/2/15

They will seem legit at first but when u make a payment they alternate emails and then when you make two or three contacts they swindle you by saying that was not our email we never got a payment of any sort. Then they deny any payment. And it looks like u got scamed by third party and not them. Well developed scam to screw people from the western world. I reported them to international authorities and they ended giving me my money back that is the only way u will ever get it back. It took me like two months and i wasted more time than it was worth chasing my money. So word of advice do not use any unlock service from these guys. Their good reviews are obviously fake look at the spelling/grammar errors they seem to be the same all across the board. Theunlockteam.com is a fraud/scam dont do it people

sanchezh
4/30/15

My network had locked my phone and I had no way to use it after the contract expired, hence the need for unlocking. The process was pretty simple and easy and fast and the code went straight into the phone and meant I could use my other sim. Good service from these guys and would definitely use them again. Thanks for the help really appreciated.

lakdsjfl
4/21/15

01??396600295uu1829000
Carrier = ytr
Who thinks the info above is real and would produce a working unlock code

After reading someone else doing it I thought I would try it and looks like it worked. I put in 2 question marks to make sure the Imei wouldn't be real.

karissah
4/21/15

My service provider would not unlock my Huawei Ascend and after more than a week of waiting for the support to get back to me I tried this service. The one downside was that it was not immediate at all, but for a very reasonable cost I was able to get a the unlock key that worked first off. As I am overseas and needed my phone unlocked I was very relieved to be able to use the local sim that I had purchased. Definitely money well spent.

ag624
4/19/15

Sadly I only found this review site when I had been scammed otherwise I wouldt have used them. Also other reviews are identical to my case ie unlockteam claim they have a code, take my money, then say no code really will make a refund. Needless to say no refund was made. BUT then it transpired a fraudulent purchase was made with my card details, this HAD to be related to the phone transaction as I did not use this card on the internet ever. Other reviewers also found fraudulent activity after making a payment to unlock phones but unlock phone unsurprisingly deny any knowledge, i presume they are not intentionally involved in internet fraud but a few too many people have experienced the same as me so if they are not willing to find out why their customers are subsequently scammmed after giving them the cc details, then it doesnt look well for them. The guards and bank are now investigating this fraud. Rebecca if you read this please take action and refunf my 6.99 you took for a non existant product.

codiek1
4/13/15

A galaxy unlock was requested on Saturday and delivered earlier this morning. The code was accepted by my phone and a new sim chip inserted and accepted. Not a bad price at all although delivery was a little slow, but it was the weekend.

kathiec
4/7/15

It says ita only 8.99 then charges you alnost 12 dollars. Then after waiting until the next day, they tell you cant unlock it. I tried with two different phones. Do not believe any the the fake reviews on here saying it works. complete and utterly bull$#*!

karimk9
4/7/15

It's taken me so long to get this phone unlocked, honestly, the service providers are so bad at this, they wanted 50 bucks and wanted me to wait a month...A MONTH! The unlock team had a code to me in less than a day, how is there a difference. But anyhow, the phones unlocked and the unlock teamwas a great site to use so thanks.

louiseh32
3/29/15

I wanted to share my experience as it was a good one. We needed to unlock our nokia phone and wanted to avoid vodafone as they were so expensive. This site was very straight forward to use and a code was shown after payment to enter into the phone. Nothing went wrong, the code worked and I have a new sim card in now. nice service guys, we really appreciate it and will be back if ever needed again

masiha
3/25/15

I bought 3 unlock codes for 3 different phones and paid for them they couldnt find the unlocking code and I never got money back.
total scam never buy anything from their website!!

abhid
3/25/15

This solved my unlocking problems great.Great communication from start to the end and easy instructions but a help centre if its needed, it wasnt and I managed to unlock it using the instruction. Good to unlock your phones

16 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the TheUnlockTeam staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question