US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

judev2

Customer service was superb, with replies to all my emails in a few hours. (in 11 reviews)

welshj

Great service, my phone was up and running in no time from a flawless service at an exceptional cost. (in 71 reviews)

simonh55

I wasted several weeks trying to get an unlock code from my network and a shop in the mall. (in 53 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

niguys
11/26/14

My experience was a very good one, The code was delivered in one day and fully unlocked all sim features on my phone without any issue. A full recommendation from myself and a very good unlocking service

samanthag16
11/18/14

Wow, how easy was this! I've had to wait days to unlock a phone in the past and this was done in less than one day. An intuitive and easy to follow site helped the process, I understand they don't have a 100% success rate but all went well for me and I have an unlocked phone without being too much out of pocket. I would try them again when I need my next upgrade unlocking so I'll see you guys in a year I guess.

shamelg

DON'T!!!! IT'S A SCAM

FIRST EMAIL FROM THEM:
Dear kamargreen@hotmail.com

Thank you for submitting an unlock request with us. We are pleased to tell you that it is possible to unlock your phone. If you continued to payment your order is currently processing and you will receive all information to this email address within 6-12 hours. In rare cases the process may take up to 24 hours.

If you did not continue to payment, you can do so by returning to out site at www.theunlockteam.com

THEN AFTER I PAID:
hank you for you choosing us to assist you in unlocking your iPhone.

Unfortunately we were unable to generate a factory unlock link through iTunes on this occasion, this can be due to many factors, please ensure non of the reasons from the below list apply to your phone

The phone is blacklisted by the provider or reported lost or stolen
It is now illegal within the USA to unlock Phones purchased after January 26th 2013, if your phone was purchased after this date it cannot be factory unlocked
The IMEI number submitted was incorrect, please refer to your confirmation email to ensure this is correct

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE THEM...SCAM 100% SCAM

garyb81
11/18/14

SCAMMER ALERT They said I could get my phone unlocked, I paid them, they then said sorry we cant unlock it. NO REFUND OF MONEY after they emailed me and said the refund would be 7 days. 3 weeks has gone by No contact. NO REFUND.
DO NOT TOUCH THEM. My master card has just been issued. Now this is the only company I have given my master card details too and now I have charges for ZOOSK.com taken from my account. AGAIN,,,DO NOT TOUCH THEM.

Tip for consumers: DONT TOUCH THEM !!!

YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF JUST LIKE ME !!!

shawnad2
11/10/14

A superb service from this site, my code was delivered in a very reasonable time at a fair cost. All done via email and on par with some of the more expensive sites out there. Shame they don't do trader accounts or I would be doing far more business with them.

alfonsol5
11/4/14

Total SCAM, do not waste your money on this site. Bought a code from them and payment was processed under a different name (Unlock Depot). When I sent them verification of payment they said it was not them. RIP OFF!!!

segnac
10/30/14

Fastest unlock ive ever had. A great layout and site and a great cost, make phone unlocking a whole lot easier than relying on our slow provider. Great job, hope you keep up the good work

normab2
10/29/14

I am more then happy to say that I am extremely satisfied and pleases with the service provided by The Unlock Team. My cell service provider told me 10 days to unlock my phone charging more than four times for such a small thing. The unlock team did it in less then 10 hours and in quarter of the cost. I highly recommend the unlock team. Thanks

tomg62
10/28/14

The communication was easy and well set out from start to end. The code didnt come straight away, which got me a bit worried, but the unlock code came within the promised 12 hours and worked no problem the first time. The instructions even came with a video to follow, but I was good with the written ones . Very happy and will certainly recommend to friends.

amitk16
10/27/14

Hi,

This is a big scam. Please please and please do not use this website to unlock your phone otherwise you would loose money.I made an order to unlock my Samsung phone and paid to unlock team. Firstly before paying money they confirmed that they can do it and then I paid but I got message that they won't be able to do that and would refund money but they did not refund money yet.I am in Canada.

Tip for consumers: Theunlockteam.com is a big scam. Please please and please do not use this website to unlock your phone otherwise you would loose money.

ianl18
10/26/14

Well we have just arrived in London and I'm please to say that my new chip is working perfectly on the local network and saving me a great deal in roaming charges. Top service and an excellent investment

judev2
10/25/14

I tried several different sites to unlock my phone and every one was charging the a crazy price and offering no real guarantee that their service would work. I cam over the unlock team and the price was so reasonable I through I'd give it a go.

Customer service was superb, with replies to all my emails in a few hours.

The only negative about the service was the time it took. I thought this would be instant put it took over seven hours, but this was overnight so no big deal for me.

So a brilliant service and I'm very grateful

mrb7
10/24/14

In late July 2014 I paid to have a non-US MotoG unlocked. The next day I received the standard form letter (described here already by others) stating they could not unlock phone and promised a refund. After months of sending emails of which very few were responded to, I finally received a refund (Oct 2014). I received all sorts of creative/questionable excuses. I can only conclude that these folks are either scammers or incompetent - either way DON'T risk your money on them. I instead paid 1/5 the cost charged by "the unlock team" to a fellow from Britain I found on ebay. Received a valid unlock code within 2 hours! It's a little harder to pad your stats and get away with scams there.

huyt2
10/24/14

Theunlockteam is simply scam business. DO NOT use this service. I placed my order and a day later they emailed me that they could not have the unlock code for my Samsung S4 and said I will get a full refund in seven days but nothing had been refunded. Please just stay away from this service.

pamm19
10/24/14

Your policy states that you will give a full refund if not able to unlock a phone. Your code did not unlock my Iphone and I have asked for my money back several times now since August 15. Each time you said you would get right on this. You are obviously not intending to pay, therefor I think your service sticks and will never recommend you to anyone.

"If the software fails to unlock your phone please let us know, you will be entitled to a full refund as per our terms of service. Kind Regards Rebecca The Unlock Team www.theunlockteam.com"

Tip for consumers: use another service.

lorraineh5
10/23/14

I ordered the unlocking of my iPhone 4 online on last Sunday and received a confirmation to my email on 19 hours later. I backed the phone up before starting (just to be safe) I was expecting some message on the iTunes screen but but there was none. I entered my new sim card however and it accepted it so I guess it was unlocked. I am really very happy with the service I received. This was a factory unlock at a fraction of the price of my operator.
Lorraine

mikek77
10/22/14

Should have looked at reviews prior to using this "service". Like the others, I entered an IMEI number for a phone that I got from my carrier that I have seen unlocked on Craigslist countless times. They claimed it couldn't be unlocked. Obviously BS. The positive reviews here are all by new users, and must be done up by shills. DO NOT USE THIS SITE, TRY UNLOCKING FOR LESS THROUGH EBAY.

neilw23
10/20/14

We bought a new galaxy when we were abroad on vacation and I found that I couldn't use it when I got home, but then I saw this very awesome website that take these locks off phones so they can be used in your country, I was happy to say the least as I through I'd wasted my money. It was a fast response and I got five codes, the first of which unlocked it.
Piece of cake!

jimm795
10/11/14

I thought the price was too low but found this to be one of the better online experiences I have had. My phone's unlocked and ready to go and I'm less than ten bucks out of pocket, superb customer service and web service

simonc43
10/8/14

I had an old motorola that was locked to sprint that I wanted to unlock as it was in uch good condition and I don't like to waste. I did the usual search and found a few promising sites that promised to provide unlock codes for free until you actually get to the end and it isn't free. Unlock team were upfront from the start that there was a very reasonable charge and the code and instructions were perfect. Unlocking my phone could not have been easier. I highly recommended, thankyou...

ediths24
10/5/14

So I tried to get this code from my network for over a month, they simply did not want me to unlock it so I found an independent service that was able to give me the code that day at an excellent price. Customer service was superb and this worked very well

katheleenb
10/4/14

I want to say a huge thank you to the Unlock Team for saving my family vacation to Norway. We arrived expecting to be able to enter a local sim so we could all stay in touch without paying roaming, not realizing that the phones were locked. A half day later and we were sent four codes which unlocked the phone perfectly and meant we could stick with our original plans worry free, live savers.

simonh55
10/2/14

I wasted several weeks trying to get an unlock code from my network and a shop in the mall. Really bad experiences and highly frustrating. As a last resort I came here after finding it with a search. One day later I received working unlock code and at a cheaper price straight into my inbox. Why on earth did I not just do this in the first place?!!

Lesson learned, an excellent site for unlocking

camalh
10/2/14

Very bad customer Service.
I placed an order with TheUnLockTeam to have my Samsung Galaxy S3 unlocked.
TheUnlockTeam was not able to unlock my phone and they said that they will issue a refund back in May 2014.
It is now October 2014 and I have not received my refund.
I have been emailing them since the last two weeks and they are not responding to my emails.
Note: I had my cell phone unlocked in less than half an hour from Cellunlocker.net.

llz
10/1/14

They cannot unlock my phone and decide not to refund my money back.
They promised in the email and never reply my email again.
Be careful.........

Tip for consumers: Stay away from them!!!!

quentinr6
10/1/14

The Unlock team provided my phone unlocking code within a matter of hours. The instructions provided were clear and very easy to follow. They told you how know when the code had worked and the phone was unlocked. The code worked the first time. I certainly recommend the unlock team and will use them again the next time I need to unlock a phone. Well done

michaelh113
9/25/14

I have to say, you guys are AWESOME! I like to buy and sell phones on a regular basis and I have used your services almost half a dozen times now.I've used different providers to unlock a few phones,but they were usually slower and more expensive. Your service is very quick, affordable and the unlock instructions are very thorough and easy to perform! Thanks guys. :)

joses32
9/24/14

Absolute SCAM - do not let yourself be fooled and don't give them your money. As many others here I got a mail saying the could unlock my phone and after I transfer the money.... Oh surprise they send me a message saying it was not possible and committing to refund me in 10 days. That was already 20 days ago and I course nothing!
DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE!
Jose Salgado

joshs48
9/24/14

So, so impressed by these guys. I have had so much trouble getting this phone unlocked and searched so many sites I thought it would be like this forever. I managed to get a code and there were no problems, the phone is now fully unlocked and I can use it again. I really appreciate the level of service I got and would not hesitate in telling anyone to go here. The price was also a bargain so five stars.

amieb2
9/23/14

Pure scam and still waiting for refund months later. Emails from them below

The Unlock Team sales@theunlockteam.com via yahoo.com

Thank you for choosing us to assist with unlocking your phone.

We apologize that on this occasion we have been unable to obtain an unlock code for your phone using the imei number you supplied. This could be due to many factors, please check the list below to ensure none of these apply to your phone:

The phone is blacklisted by the provider or reported lost or stolen
It is now illegal within the USA to unlock Phones purchased after January 26th 2013, if your phone was purchased after this date it cannot be unlocked
The IMEI number submitted was incorrect

A refund will be processed as per our terms of service, please allow up to seven working days for this to process to your account.

We have included full access to our members area, this contains software capable of unlocking thousands of phones, you can access this by visiting http://www.theunlockteam.com/html/member.html Please note that this is used at your own discretion and all local laws must be adhered to. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us by replying to this email.

Kind Regards

Hi there

Thank you for contacting us. I have chased this up with accounts to ensure the refund has been processed, funds can take up to twelve working days to reach your account. If you have not received your refund within the next seven days please reply directly to this email and I ensure this gets to you asap.

Have a great day

Hi

Thank you for contacting us. I have looked up your order and can see that there was a technical error with your refund and it did not process to your account. To ensure this gets to you immediately we can send the refund via Paypal, if you could reply with your Paypal email address we will get this to you within the next twenty-four hours.

Thank you for your patience and our apologies for the delay.

Kind Regards

Rebecca

Refund was finally made to me.

Tip for consumers: They say they have a code after entering all your information and the next day say sorry we don't. Still fighting for my money, read my emails for proof

laylors
9/16/14

A good stop for the unlock of a phone and a reasonable cost. Loved this page and the customer care was very fast when I had a problem...mine was not immediate but took like four hours but no issue

irenel12
9/11/14

Well I needed an unlock code in a hurry and they delivered. I had my new supplier up and running in no time and at a price that was just awesome! Ive had mixed experience with unlocking phones ans this has to be the smoothest transition I have ever made so I send my thanks and a big thumbs up.

leeh45
9/9/14

I've successfully unlocked my Nokia and am so happy I went with this site. All was easy from entering the site to receiving the code. Instructions were easy, did what they promised, I'll be using again

hamids1
9/6/14

I thought I would write a review to share my experience of a recent transaction made through the unlock team. I needed a code to unlock my Samsung cell phone so I could change the chip and get a new sim only deal.
Upon entering the website the layout was very simple to use, upon entering my details I received a confirmation email and a message with the time to unlock (12 hours), the code arrived faster than this which was impressive, in fact it took just over 4 hours...good job.
When typed into the phone I received a confirmation message saying success and as I already had the new chip in the new verizon network showed up in a couple of minutes.
Considering how much this cost I am very very happy with my purchase, a good deal and an encouraging, fast site.

kirkw12
8/31/14

I am happy to have eventually unlocked this phone, it has proved to be very difficult but the unlock team came to my rescue and the cell is fully unlocked now. Honestly I dont know why the carriers dont make this easier, i was out of contract and they wanted me to pay a fortune and it would take a week! An excellent website and an excellent customer service team who will help quickly and efficiently.

daves108
8/31/14

I don't have a review as of yet and I'm weighing the odds;..looks like some people are content whereas others are most certainly not;...sometimes you never know who's writing the reports and for what reason truthfully;...could be a competitor or could be a real complaint;...I'm trying to determine if it's worth the risk as i saw a member of the unlock team come back with a retaliation on here stating that some individuals falsify information;...would anybody out there viewing like to add to this delirium?My question:Can they be trusted overall?Dave Steinburg

danyf5
8/25/14

This did exactly as they said, unlocked my phone in no time at all. Very simple and all web based, a cheap fantastic service, thank you.

jasonl56
8/24/14

TOTAL SCAM!!! I tried to unlock my samsung s3 and paid for it. But then they sent me an email stating that my phone could not be unlocked, and that my funds have been refunded. It has now been three weeks with no refund. I have emailed them with no reponse! They scammed me for 7 bucks. DO NOT USE THEUNLOCKTEAM. THEY ARE A TOTAL SCAM!!!

Tip for consumers: SCAM

andreif1
8/23/14

A good source for code unlocking. We have used them for wholesale in our shop for a few weeks and so far impressed with the level of service offered. Price is very competitive and the speed is what makes them stand out for us.

paulm151
8/20/14

I was told by a couple other site, that they could not unlock my phone because of the model and that it was tied to AT&T. So when I put my code in on theunlockteam.com and it came back as valid and able to be unlocked, I was skeptical. I did not proceed to pay for the code, but received an e-mail asking for payment. I replied to the sales team asking for verification that they can unlock my phone, but suspiciously, I have not received an e-mail back with a confirmation, only a second e-mail asking for payment. If I can actually get a real confirmation, I will likely purchase. But until I get a real e-mail, and not a system generated one, they will not get my $$$.

shonal
8/20/14

This code was delivered in no time and I really recommend this service. I found customer service to be polite and to answer my questions very quickly, something that doesn't happen too often now days! My phone is fully unlocked and I have my new chip installed running with a new provider

gerrym16
8/12/14

A really good service, I had my code within 15 mins. Was real easy to use and quick. Would recommend to anyone to unlock their phones

ryane12
8/8/14

This was a service that went far beyond my expectations, the speed was unbelievable and the price was excellent. I wholly recommend using this site for unlocking your phone and will be visiting again in future.

hugha9
8/2/14

I got the code for my HTC instantly and it worked. It came by email with excellent instructions so the entry was easy and I will use again.

salahj
7/31/14

I can be a little skeptical about getting things like this done online but my worries were groundless on this occasion with an unlocked phone within a few hours. Very impressed with this site and thank you so much fr making so experience so easy.

joef37
7/30/14

What a joke biggest scam ever real fools you can type anything to the blanks and it will say success don't be fooled by this test it yourself first.

nicks68
7/28/14

An A+ service. I couldn't believe how easy it is to actually unlock a phone yourself without having to rely on your provider! I will be back to use this site again and they deserve my praise.

belindaa3
7/24/14

First time unlocking a phone and was a little nervous but there really was no need, the unlock team made everything very easy and I had no problem unlocking.

ritam9
7/22/14

Outstanding! So cheap for the fast turnaround and a code that worked first try! I cannot express how good this website was, and now I have a fully unlocked phone up and running on my new provider and good to travel next week to use a local sim. Thanks so much for this, I really do appreciate it.

garya15
7/21/14

Advised they can unlock my Nexus 5. Submit my order. Reverse their decision and tell me I will receive a refund in appox. 10 days. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing! If you have a Nexus 5, don't use this site.