US Government's NSF

TheBeautyPlace reviews

7 Reviews for TheBeautyPlace

▼ Sort by: recent

5/27/14

They have horrible customer service. The "manager" was literally yelling at me in the phone and called me a liar when I called them out on there's obagi products. I have definitely learned my lesson and now I'm out of $220 on FAKE OBAGI!! DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS WEBSITE they are scam artists just trying to get your money.

10/7/13

They are putting fake product in their empty containers,and selling them to
unsuspecting people. My most recent case in point... Dandrene Shampoo.
The contents of the container , which they sold to me for $50. 00 , is definitely
completely bogus... I know because this was pulled on me before. and they corrected it then, only when they got caught. I actually forgot about my past dealing with The Beauty Place.com , and accidentally ordered again, from them. I've used Dandrene products for years.,and there are a lot of very bad online sellers out there. Please AVOID this seller and spend your hard-earned money wisely.
P.S. They are extremely difficult to contact after a sale ... maybe impossible!

7/26/13

Really on-line shopping doesn't get any worse than this! I ordered a digital CHI flat iron, got a defective one, I press the temp. control and it jumps to random numbers. I called no one answered, I emailed them they responded. I got an RMA # to return it at my own expense! So they sent me a defective product and I pay to ship it back to them. They emailed me saying they checked it and it is working fine!!! My word against theirs! They charge a 15% restocking fee so they will never give a full refund even if they are at fault. Very sneak business. Don't fall for the low prices because it is damaged products. And don't fall for the "free shipping" and "full refund within 30 days" because at the very bottom of the return policy there is a line that says they charge 15% restocking fee for all returns based on the return's department discretion so no one can argue with them.

10/31/12

I purchased a $80 CHI Turbo Auto Digital Ceramic Spring Curl Iron in March and by October the spring on the top lever under the handle slipped out of place and isn't holding my hair tight between the lever and the barrel. I contacted thebeautyplace.com and at first they said they would replace the curling iron. The next day they said they would not, that I had to deal directly with the manufacture of the curling iron (Farouk). When I called Farouk to ask for a replacement they said they could not give me a replacement. They said there are counterfeit products out there so they can't guarantee the iron if it's not sold through an authorized online retailer. The beautyplace.com IS NOT an authorized online retailer for Chi. I've never spent $80 on a curling iron in my life, but thought all the good things I'd heard about the Chi brand and the ceramic barrel would be worth it. I've bought $20 curling irons that have lasted several years and this one only lasted six months. SO mad! I hold thebeautyplace.com responsible!!

1/27/12

I placed an order on this website two weeks ago. I ordered skin care products and thinning hair shampoo for an awesome price! They emailed me a confirmation when I processed the order, and then got another email confirmation when the order shipped with a tracking number. It was regular service. I live in California and I got free shipping with UPS. I received shipment in 4 days! surprised but very impressed. will order again.

10/24/11

I recently purchased this product, received it and noticed that the texture was brown and clumpy, which is not what it is supposed to be. It SHOULD be white and creamy. I contacted the actual Macadamia store and they said that their formula has not changed and that the product should be white and creamy. They also said they have been trying to get thebeautyplace.com website to stop selling Macadamia Hair products for a while. This site sells fake products. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING HERE! The prices are really too good to be true! I called and said the item was defective and they said they would email me a return slip. I never got one. I have called multiple times. This company is crooked and have bad customer service!

2/13/11

Great prices for their hair products and they always have deals (free gifts, with purchase, etc..). Good customer service & pretty quick shipping. On the down side, some of their popular products are often out of stock, but if you keep checking, they'll eventually be in stock. And most importantly, free shipping for purchases $50 or more - even to Hawaii (a rare find)!!!

The Best Beauty Sites Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber