US Government's NSF

Toronto, Ontario M5V 2G5

100 Reviews for TeamBuy.ca

▼ Sort by: recent

9/2/14

Ordered jewelry in July 2014 still have not received it, made several inquires, there
customer service is terrible, no refund, nothing, I wasted my money.

Tip for consumers: Do not use

9/1/14

DONT buy anything from Team buy they are a ripoff
Bought some jewelry for my wife never get the purchase after 2 months and never got my money back after several attempts there customer service sucks

Tip for consumers: Please don't buy from teambuy

8/29/14

WARNING - TEAMBUY/DEALFIND SCAM ARTISTS.
I received a call directly from one of their suppliers asking if I had ever received their item. I stated NO - they were NOT surprised. The direct supplier then advised me that they had stopped shipping all ordered received from Teambuy/Dealfind over 5 months ago due to not being paid ..yet Teambuy still continues to list their product - take peoples money and never pays their suppliers. No wonder the vendors are NOT ACCEPTING our vouchers - they are not getting paid!!!!

Tip for consumers: NEVER EVER PURCHASE FROM TEAMBUY/DEALFIND!!!!!

8/21/14

Am a merchant and cannot get paid. I feel bad for the customers who bought because I cannot mail the product out if I am not going to get paid. Have sent many e-mails to which they do not respond. Worst company I have ever done business with....

8/19/14

I had some horrible experiences with Dealfind. The worst one, was when I bought several orders of Chinese Lanterns and they came from China and were ripped. I went thru the channels and filled out a report and was told someone would get back w/me in 2 days. It didn't happen I sent several reminders and finally someone emailed and asked for photos. I sent them within 24 hours. Even after I sent many follow up requests to get back in touch, months went buy and they never returned my emails and never resolved it. Teambuy bought Dealfind and I took it up w/teambuy and after talking to a supervisor they did resend them and they were fine. But recently I tried to use several vouchers I bought from them. They had 'no expiration date' on them. I called the restaurant several times since I bought them a couple years ago and they said not to worry there is no expiration date. So when I went in with my family today, the company said they have new management, so they won't honor them!? Teambuy said because I waited more than 240 days they won't do anything for me?! When I mentioned refunding part of it, out of good faith, or for customer retention, the customer service supervisor simply said coldly, " I know what card you're playing, and it won't work. Have a great day"! Unbelievably rude!! I will NEVER shop at DEALFIND OR TEAMBUY AGAIN. I've just lost $40 and I have other outstanding coupons w/no expiration date that they certainly won't help me with, if it's been over their magical 8 month period. I will probably lose close to $200 when all is said and done. DON'T buy anything from this company (Dealfind/Teambuy) ever...no matter how good the offer sounds! They don't care at all about customer relations. On the other hand, GROUPON has been fair and does guarantee customer satisfaction. Groupon is the only one that you should trust.

8/18/14

I am a merchant who has done deals with Groupon in the past. This company, "TeamBuy" is a total scam. They do not pay their merchants and their strategy is to delay, delay, delay until the customer or merchant gives up. Once they have your money, it is as good as gone. Somebody needs to start ligitation against these bafoons and shut them down. The owners are a bunch of cocaine snorting drug addicts. Their employees are a bunch of interns in a run down office. TeamBuy can go f$ck themselves!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THIS SITE. THEY ARE A SCAM!

8/8/14

I've ordered a few things from teambuy. The first arrived in decent time. The second took some time and was cheap china crap. The third was two months late when I finally got a refund. And the fourth, which I ordered at the same time as the third is still MIA 5 months later. Stuart, the "customer service specialist" finally offered my teambuy credits after dozens of emails. I told him I didn't want credits, I wanted buy GD money. Now no one from teambuy will talk to me. DO NOT BUY, you'll get stung. Maybe not the first time, but eventually.

8/7/14

Worst customer service experience in a long time. I am shocked at how much disregard they have shown a long time customer, and how they failed to honour their own return/credit policy, or even acknowledge some fault in the matter. They were not nice about the situation at all and treated me like another number. I'm very disappointed and will never again purchase a deal via TeamBuy and will tell my friends/family the same.

8/7/14

I recently purchased a so called "Silk T- shirt" this is how they posted their ad.
$14 for a Women's Silk Flower Print Dress - Tax Included ($63 Value)Red.

When I opened a pack it was NYLON material not even closer to the silk. I tried contacting customer service with my query and in return I received 1 sentence email
"Hello,

As stated on the deal page, all orders are final sale."
This is what I received.
Initially, I did not get the item on time and when I received it was a piece of garbage. All the stitches were falling apart from the t-shirt seems like it was picked up from the garbage. I strongly advise you guys to stay away from this website. They are selling garbage they are ordering stuffs from China street market with low grade quality. These stuffs are not approved as per North American standard. TeamBuy should be banned from the online business. Hope this review creates a buyer alert.

8/6/14

bought a coupon this winter for Ironhead golf course. Drove an hour to get there on August1 only to be told that they dont accept teambuy coupons. had to pay for golf out of my pocket. wrote teambuy the next day. they came back with "The vendor has not replied to our multiple inquiries.

We only have a period of seven days from when a feature ends where we are able to issue refunds. As per the Terms and Conditions you agreed to when you made this purchase, all buys are considered final. However, in this case, I can issue you a refund in the form of TeamBuy credits. Remember, these never expire and can be used towards any future purchase from the site.

Please let me know if you would like me to proceed."

so they are as bad as the vendor for not giving a $#*!, as apparently i would only get a refund if i found out the coupon was worthless in the middle of winter. hard to do at a golf course in Alberta. DONT DEAL WITH THESE GUYS!!!!

8/1/14

I am having a huge problem booking with the company. I emailed them about one therapist and they said he was away for three weeks, and then I tried to book with him for the week he was scheduled to return. It took We Massage three weeks to email me back and tell me that the therapist was not responding to them. So now the one therapist in my area is not available and I have to drive at least 25 minutes across the city to get to another one. When I bought the deal I made sure I could go to the location because our house is not appropriate for someone to come to. So now I am waiting to hear from the merchant again hopefully before my ticket expires and Teambuy will not give me a refund despite this difficulty in booking.

7/29/14

On May 8th I bought a swim suit that I was super excited to have for the summer. After not receiving it for about a month, they said "it's on its way". So again I waited. After a few weeks and calling 5 times and talking to rude employees, I kept hearing its on its way. For the last call I was furious and demanded my money back and they said they can put my money that they took ( paid for shipping and all) back into my " teambuy account" like I am going to buy something else and have to go through the same issues! This is a scam and do not buy from this company! Look at all the bad reviews and they show they dont care about their customers

7/24/14

I can not go to the teambuy.ca website because it puts a downloader in front of the website. Teambuy.ca site downloads the CVS FST2012-1723 malicious JAVA-EXPLOITING virus plus automatic popups to JAVA free computers.

7/17/14

I bought a teambuy for a restaurant on May 9 - the teambuy expired June 12th. I went to the restaurant sometime on the week of May 25th. The restaurant apparently closed down - on May 7th - two days before I bought the teambuy!!! A week before I went to the restaurant (week of May 18th) I considered buying another one of these teambuys because I really enjoyed the restaurant, as I've been there many times. The deal was still there - still available at least TWO WEEKS after the restaurant had closed down. In other words, teambuy had this deal available WELL after the restaurant was closed down.

I emailed teambuy a message similar to the above, and all they told me was it was outside of their 7-day refund policy. You would think they would make an exception because THEY made the mistake of leaving a teambuy available for a restaurant that was already closed down, especially since I bought the teambuy after the May 7th shut down. Nope, teambuy didn't make an exception at all.

I emailed again stating that they should make an exception because they made an error. I waited two weeks with no reply even though their previous reply took less than 24 hours.

Again, I emailed 2 weeks later simply asking why they didn't reply to my previous email, and that I didn't appreciate being ignored. All they said was "please see the attached email." They attached their FIRST response, which just said they don't do refunds outside of the 7 day refund policy.

To summarize, teambuy made a mistake by leaving a deal available for a restaurant that was already closed down. They also ignored me and failed to own up their own mistakes. After two months of trying to get my money back, all I have are teambuy credits to show for it. After spending my credits I will NEVER deal with teambuy again. Groupon is so much better - better deals, and WAY better customer service.

7/15/14

Purchased yoga pants........came from china.........fabric had very strong odor........and not at all like the photo that TeamBuy showed. Bought bamboo beach towels only to receive a couple of pieces of microfiber fabric certainly not large enough to be a beach towel. contacted company with no results. This outfit is a rip-off scam company. Save your money and shop elsewhere.

7/14/14

I purchased 2 towel wraps each $12 plus shipping of $8 each last June 4th. I received the items on the 10th of July from China. The toweling fabric is so flimsy and cheap and I can't figure out how to put it on even with the picture. It says it fits most. Most what??? What a rip off. Will never go on the site again.

7/12/14

We purchased a getaway package for a night in a hotel and a theme park pass. It was only good for 2 months. 22 days later my husband suffered a detached retina and we had to cancel any plans of travelling anywhere. !
I contacted TeamBuy and asked for a refund and was told they could only give a refund within 15 days of purchase. Honestly, how were we to know that we would have a medical emergency and would be unable to use it?

BOOO to them for being so unsympathetic

7/3/14

I bought a voucher that never expires but if the company goes out of business after 240 days, they take your money and don't give it back. not worth it.

Josh S

7/2/14

I ordered a swimsuit two months ago, still haven't received it. I contacted them thru e-mail they acted like they didn't have any record of my transaction but yet they called me by my first name. After going round and round they said they would contact the merchant, that was two weeks ago. They are not returning any of my messages now but they took my money.

6/30/14

Teambuy is a scam straight up. Ordered 2 pairs of shorts, got them 2 months later from china only they are about 5 sizes smaller than I ordered. And they are the cheapest quality conceivable. STAY AWAY! They will not refund or help you with correcting errors made, and visa won't accept disputes because Teambuy washes their hands clean of responsibility by acting as a middleman. DO NOT BUY FROM TEAMBUY!!!!

6/21/14

Bought a duct cleaning through TeamBuy. The cleaning company called and said they had to cancel the appointment because TeamBuy wasn't paying them or answering their calls; but the owner offered to honour the price of the deal if I wanted to go ahead with him directly. I did, in hopes I could straighten things out with TeamBuy in time for them to handle the payment. Well, TeamBuy gave me the runaround; so I ended up paying the duct cleaner directly (who was super professional and did a great job). Now TeamBuy won't refund my money because they "can make no exceptions" to their policy re no refunds after 7 days... as though I were the one who was backing out of the deal, not them! So buyer beware: TeamBuy doesn't stand behind their promises; and once they have your money, it's totally at their discretion whether you'll get what you paid for.

6/20/14

Beware buying vouchers from Teambuy and Dealfinder, they do not give refunds or credits for purchases that were made over 240 days ago when merchants don't honor the valid vouchers.
I have 3 vouchers with no expiration date, got rejected the first time, said not usable in the weekend, contact teambuy/dealfinder to get the refund, they said keep trying! Tried few more times, merchant said the don't accept vouchers from teambuy/dealfinder! Tried to get refund/credit from teambuy/dealfinder, got ZERO since over 240 days old!!!!
Their policy doesn't protest their buyers, they shouldn't sell these kind of vouchers which have expiration day after 240 days of purchases, teambuy/dealfinder and merchants keep the money by not honoring the vouchers. Only winners is teambuy/dealfinder and the merchants.

6/18/14

The WORST customer experience i have ever received. These guys don't give a rats about getting you your product. They took my money and are not responsive for over a month and a half. If there was a 0 out of 5 they would definitely get that from us. Do not buy anything from them, scammers. And i will make sure everyone i know knows this about them. Groupon it is.

6/18/14

There is no zero rating option, so TeamBuy is getting the bottom rating.

Spa treatment purchased and the voucher was valid for 6 months. When spa was called, they did not have availability within a month and 'call next month'. After two times being taken for a fool TeamBuy was contacted but they insisted that I 'keep trying'. I kept trying and deal expired.

After reading the comments I guess a spa did not get paid and was buying time, Teambuy in the meantime took my money and possibly did not pay those guys.

Result? Obnoxious customer service. Nicole and Darrel are the 'bosses' and they do not report to anyone and while they feel ok that they stole $59 from me, when you ask them if they are thick this is a deadly sin. Well at least I know the answer to that question.

This is fraud. I've contacted The Star and BBB and the investigation will happen with both organization. I was told however 'off record' that TeamBuy is know for their fraudulent practices and that the rumour on the street is that they hire criminals and kids for their customer service and that the company will soon go under.

BEWARE

6/17/14

This company is a fraud, they deal with inferior companies and when you are not happy with what the company is doing they will not refund your money...said its not refundable after 7 days and that is not written anywhere on the ticket! son they took my $49.00 and I got nothing for it because the company absolute dental hygiene wants me to sign doc saying they can give my information to who ever ask for it and I refuse to sign so she said she will not treat me if I don't sign. I was scared to let her touch my mouth when I saw the place, she told me I can get a refund and now teambuy tells me after 7 day no refund!! how can they in good conscience keep my money when I got no service for it ?

6/6/14

Wish there was a zero star option. I have never received such horrible customer service! Product months over due and teambuy won't provide a refund or credit or help in any way, This includes replying to emails. Just horrible, I have remaining tickets on my account that I also wanted refunded because I wanted to wash my hands of them and the customer "care" girl basically yelled over me. Worst Worst Worst;.

5/22/14

Don't buy from this company because they will not refund you purchase if you have problem with the company that you bought it for! I bought some ticket for Quality Inn Orleans,ON and they won't accept them anymore because Teambuy didn't pay them.

5/9/14

Both Teambuy and Dealfind are horrible companies. They don't even deserve 1 star. They WILL NOT refund your money or even credit your account of a voucher purchase if a vendor goes out of business before you can claim the voucher before the expiry date. Talk about an unethical company. How is it the customer's fault if a vendor they have affiliated with goes out of business?? What are we suppose to do with paid vouchers???? STAY AWAY! They claim they have their horrible refund policy on the vouchers but they are such liars. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!

5/1/14

We are a merchant that has supplied Teambuy/Dealfind with goods for their customers and we have not been paid! It looks like they are about to go under since they are not paying us after repeated attempts to reach someone in their accounting department went unanswered or ignored.

We're out a lot of money since we've sent out the goods to their customers and are now in the midst of starting litigation against them.

If they're not paying merchants like us it sure doesn't bode well for customers like you guys that are buying items in the $20 - $50 range.

Buyer Beware with these guys.

4/29/14

Very scandalous. Does not disclose that buying Whatabloom.com flower purchase has a $14.99 "service charge" so the purchase of $25 for $50 worth of flowers is NOT TRUE. So your deal is actually $44.99 for $50. What kind of great deal is this??
NO disclosure that the service charge is more than 50% of what you're paying on any of the details.
Bad customer service. Anant replies with short template answers with the reason "everyone pays a service charge".
DO NOT BUY FROM HERE. Filed a BBB Canada complaint.

4/27/14

I initially really liked this site. I ordered a couple things and was generally satisfied with the delivery time and the product I received. My sister did order a dress that took a few months to finally arrive but we understood that this could happen from time to time being that they have to get enough orders before the deal closes. Once I ordered a product that was completely disappointing and I had to throw out without using. But my biggest beef with this site and why I am compelled to write this review is the issue with using my credit card. There is some type of glitch which is true for both myself and my sister in which when we try to use our credit card that worked fine before and works fine on other sites, we get a message that says our card is maxed out or there is a problem with our card. The first time it happened to her, she was of course distressed that her card had been compromised some how. But this not being the case, thankfully she called teambuy and was treated to some horrible, insensitive customer service. When I noticed the same messages coming up when I used my card, I emailed them and when none of their suggestions worked, ie using mozilla instead of internet explorer, I gave up. These people don't seem go give a $#*! that there is a problem with their website and basically puts the blame on you the person trying to support their business. It's unfortunate because you can find some great deals, but I just can't get over the condescending attitude of their customer service staff. I'm done with teambuy.

4/24/14

I had a couple good experiences but then then I tried to use my voucher but the merchant had gone out of business. I did not receive any of my money back because it was after Teambuys refund policy which doesn't make any sense because there is no merchant's expiry date on the voucher. Don't use Teambuy/Dealfind.

4/22/14

Purchased a jacket from the site. It came and it was not the same jacket. Contacted their customer support and keep insisting that it is when it is obvious from the pictures I sent them. They keep asking me to measure the jacket because the size is too small so I did and now they want me to take pictures while I am doing it. I see their strategy so I can give up. What a scam, please do not buy anything from them.

4/21/14

Teambuy.ca and Dealfind.com are the same company. In short, they avoid paying merchants according to contract. We contracted with Teambuy.ca and fulfilled according to contract, submitted proof and received confirmation required for payment then the problems started. Promised payments were missed, then payments were paid short, and finally we were referred to a mysterious automated payables group that responded with only automated emails then nothing and when pushed an automated email saying it takes a minimum of 60 days to investigate an already past due 30 days payable?! Teambuys.ca and Dealfind.com do not pay their merchants and make it very difficult to collect. Their automated tactics seem designed to delay, not to resolve payments. That must also create problems for the customers that their contracted merchants supply products to.

4/16/14

I'm not sure why there are no positive reviews about this website. I have ordered both coupons and merchandise from them over 20 times and so far have received everything I ordered well before the estimated delivery date. The ONLY thing I have been disappointed in was a coupon I bought for WeMassage.ca because they are charging me an additional $176 in fees to book my massage with them that I was not expecting, which is not Teambuy's fault.

4/14/14

I purchased Microdermabrasion, my first appointment went great, the second one worst, I would like to inform all of you that ticket number TB027712019274 they are not providing proper services as they stated in the voucher, the voucher says 40 to 45 minutes but they provide hardly 20 minutes we are very disappointed from the services even they force to us if you want 40 minutes service then pays $50 to upgrade.
I want to look in this matter and advice if I did not hear from your side then we will approach to the ministry of consumer and business about fake advisements for innocent customer
Please don't buy anything from them

4/3/14

just googled TeamBuy.ca customers reviews and here are the results. PLEASE DONT buy there! NO customer service at all! Shipping takes 7!!! weeks and they dont refund. I wrote them a couple of times now. Worst experience I made. Please share before others also get screwed. I paid $22 for something that I now found on Amazon.com for less than half and I dont have to wait 7 !!! weeks for it.

4/1/14

I was a happy customer after I bought 2 items in Teambuy< but these past purchased,it was terrible. I purchased a wrap-up dress, they charged me right after buying and waiting for my purchased to come, after the estimated date, I called them, they said wait for 2 more weeks. so I did until I forgot that it was almost a month passed by already, so I contacted them again and they said that the seller was out of stock and they are not going to get anymore. I was so mad that I was waiting for nothing, so I ask my money back. they gave it back but after a month... then the latest purchased I made is the bag which in the description is genuine leather, so I wanna try I order the color I wanted, when it arrived, I was so disappointed wrong color, not even a trace of leather in that bag. so I contacted them and telling that I got the wrong color and told them that it wasn't leather at all to what they said in the description.....and they answer it was a final sale and we cannot do anything about it. I was so disappointed and was so mad so I contacted the consumer Canada to report what happen and for them to investigate TEAMBUY.

4/1/14

I am a merchant who has worked with several other sites to build our audience and clientele, unfortunately they don't honor there own contract to pay there merchants on time if at all. So if you buy something on this site and don't get it, its probably because they haven't kept up their end!

4/1/14

I'll give this site a zero because I am still waiting for my product. I emailed teambuy to find out when/if the item is being shipped and they replied "we'll contact the merchant and let you know when we've heard from them". That was over a week ago. It's already almost a month after the "estimated ship date". I should have gone with my gut that this was a big fat scam. Sigh

3/31/14

If anyone purchased any product from teambuy, they will send you note:-
Mail Out - When this buy closes, this product will be mailed to the address you provided during checkout.
They will repeat above message every week in your email. But they will not send you ur item even after year.
Also I recommend I you already purchase anything please call to your credit card company and request to stop teambuy transaction because they can withdraw money (they are used to)and don't think to receive that item.

3/31/14

Got charged $25 tax when it was all taxes included, and also waiting 2 months on an item and they give BS excuses. Today i demanded a refund.
I have stopped buying from them. They lost a good client but there are other websites out there

3/29/14

Me and my husband had a bad experience too with teambuy. There are many deal sites which are way better. We recently came across dealbang.ca. They have good products and their customer service is also good.

3/25/14

I gave it one star only because you can't give zero stars. STAY AWAY - Items not delivered or "lost in transit" - wait 9 weeks for a "merchant" to ship something - NO REFUNDS - Horrible customer "service"
All their products are junk.
If you do order - expect them to take your money, but don't expect to see anything you paid for. Save yourself the headache - don't make the same mistake I did.

3/19/14

Horrible , Horrible , Horrible!! Not only did the items I ordered take 4 months to arrive they were either the wrong item or a complete knock off item that looks cheap. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE.

Also, they will not return you your money. Complete scam.

3/18/14

Horrible customer service. The lady on the phone was very impolite and kept throwing the 7 day policy around like it was the bible. At the end of the conversation she had the nerve to hang up on me and refused to transfer me to her supervisor. E-mail correspondence was not much better. Never buy from Teambuy....ever!

3/12/14

They sell junk, and are not responsible if the company goes out of business, even if the voucher is not yet expired!?

Do NOT buy form them.

2/27/14

My company ran a special with teambuy and it has been the worst experience and we are extremely disappointed. They pushed really hard to get us to sign up and once we they completely disappeared. Issues and problems are difficult to resolve and it is a fight to get payments from them. If you are a company looking to run a special...run the other way! Do NOT do business with teambuy!

2/21/14

Teambuy is aweful. Make sure your deal is good, legit and the place remains open because, NO, they don't reimburse you if something goesa wrong.

DONT BUY IN TEAMBUY

2/19/14

I purchased 2 gloves and paid $17 in Nov. 21/13. Expected delivery date was the week of Dec. 12/13. Was hoping to give this as Christmas present but the gloves never arrived. Dec. 27/13 via e-mail made inquiry and given case number - was told to allow 5 business days to contact supplier. Jan. 6/14 via e-mail made second inquiry and given another case number - was told to allow 5 business days to contact supplier. A Customer Experience manager handled one of the cases. In both cases, there was never a follow up. Made complaint to Better Business Bureau online Feb. 12/14 asking for refund. Same manager responded on Feb. 13/14 stating that all orders have been shipped out. Feb. 18/14 manager gave me a number to call as teambuy will not be issuing a refund. I called the number and they acknowledge they've had issues with the supplier. Asked for a credit towards a future purchase. They do not give refunds or credits, as the supplier has confirmed all orders have been shipped. Not helpful, apologetic. Do not order from this website - customer service is virtually non-existent. Inquiries and cases are mostly dealt with online and they do not respond to you in a timely manner - in my case they did not until I complained to the Better Business Bureau. Teambuy will tell you: we do not have shipping tracking numbers in order to provide you with low prices, the supplier confirms that all orders have been shipped - we do not give refunds or credits.

The Best Daily Deals Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber