US Government's NSF

Toronto, Ontario M5V 2G5

88 Reviews for TeamBuy.ca

▼ Sort by: recent

7/24/14

I can not go to the teambuy.ca website because it puts a downloader in front of the website. Teambuy.ca site downloads the CVS FST2012-1723 malicious JAVA-EXPLOITING virus plus automatic popups to JAVA free computers.

7/17/14

I bought a teambuy for a restaurant on May 9 - the teambuy expired June 12th. I went to the restaurant sometime on the week of May 25th. The restaurant apparently closed down - on May 7th - two days before I bought the teambuy!!! A week before I went to the restaurant (week of May 18th) I considered buying another one of these teambuys because I really enjoyed the restaurant, as I've been there many times. The deal was still there - still available at least TWO WEEKS after the restaurant had closed down. In other words, teambuy had this deal available WELL after the restaurant was closed down.

I emailed teambuy a message similar to the above, and all they told me was it was outside of their 7-day refund policy. You would think they would make an exception because THEY made the mistake of leaving a teambuy available for a restaurant that was already closed down, especially since I bought the teambuy after the May 7th shut down. Nope, teambuy didn't make an exception at all.

I emailed again stating that they should make an exception because they made an error. I waited two weeks with no reply even though their previous reply took less than 24 hours.

Again, I emailed 2 weeks later simply asking why they didn't reply to my previous email, and that I didn't appreciate being ignored. All they said was "please see the attached email." They attached their FIRST response, which just said they don't do refunds outside of the 7 day refund policy.

To summarize, teambuy made a mistake by leaving a deal available for a restaurant that was already closed down. They also ignored me and failed to own up their own mistakes. After two months of trying to get my money back, all I have are teambuy credits to show for it. After spending my credits I will NEVER deal with teambuy again. Groupon is so much better - better deals, and WAY better customer service.

7/15/14

Purchased yoga pants........came from china.........fabric had very strong odor........and not at all like the photo that TeamBuy showed. Bought bamboo beach towels only to receive a couple of pieces of microfiber fabric certainly not large enough to be a beach towel. contacted company with no results. This outfit is a rip-off scam company. Save your money and shop elsewhere.

7/14/14

I purchased 2 towel wraps each $12 plus shipping of $8 each last June 4th. I received the items on the 10th of July from China. The toweling fabric is so flimsy and cheap and I can't figure out how to put it on even with the picture. It says it fits most. Most what??? What a rip off. Will never go on the site again.

7/12/14

We purchased a getaway package for a night in a hotel and a theme park pass. It was only good for 2 months. 22 days later my husband suffered a detached retina and we had to cancel any plans of travelling anywhere. !
I contacted TeamBuy and asked for a refund and was told they could only give a refund within 15 days of purchase. Honestly, how were we to know that we would have a medical emergency and would be unable to use it?

BOOO to them for being so unsympathetic

7/3/14

I bought a voucher that never expires but if the company goes out of business after 240 days, they take your money and don't give it back. not worth it.

Josh S

7/2/14

I ordered a swimsuit two months ago, still haven't received it. I contacted them thru e-mail they acted like they didn't have any record of my transaction but yet they called me by my first name. After going round and round they said they would contact the merchant, that was two weeks ago. They are not returning any of my messages now but they took my money.

6/30/14

Teambuy is a scam straight up. Ordered 2 pairs of shorts, got them 2 months later from china only they are about 5 sizes smaller than I ordered. And they are the cheapest quality conceivable. STAY AWAY! They will not refund or help you with correcting errors made, and visa won't accept disputes because Teambuy washes their hands clean of responsibility by acting as a middleman. DO NOT BUY FROM TEAMBUY!!!!

6/21/14

Bought a duct cleaning through TeamBuy. The cleaning company called and said they had to cancel the appointment because TeamBuy wasn't paying them or answering their calls; but the owner offered to honour the price of the deal if I wanted to go ahead with him directly. I did, in hopes I could straighten things out with TeamBuy in time for them to handle the payment. Well, TeamBuy gave me the runaround; so I ended up paying the duct cleaner directly (who was super professional and did a great job). Now TeamBuy won't refund my money because they "can make no exceptions" to their policy re no refunds after 7 days... as though I were the one who was backing out of the deal, not them! So buyer beware: TeamBuy doesn't stand behind their promises; and once they have your money, it's totally at their discretion whether you'll get what you paid for.

6/20/14

Beware buying vouchers from Teambuy and Dealfinder, they do not give refunds or credits for purchases that were made over 240 days ago when merchants don't honor the valid vouchers.
I have 3 vouchers with no expiration date, got rejected the first time, said not usable in the weekend, contact teambuy/dealfinder to get the refund, they said keep trying! Tried few more times, merchant said the don't accept vouchers from teambuy/dealfinder! Tried to get refund/credit from teambuy/dealfinder, got ZERO since over 240 days old!!!!
Their policy doesn't protest their buyers, they shouldn't sell these kind of vouchers which have expiration day after 240 days of purchases, teambuy/dealfinder and merchants keep the money by not honoring the vouchers. Only winners is teambuy/dealfinder and the merchants.

6/18/14

The WORST customer experience i have ever received. These guys don't give a rats about getting you your product. They took my money and are not responsive for over a month and a half. If there was a 0 out of 5 they would definitely get that from us. Do not buy anything from them, scammers. And i will make sure everyone i know knows this about them. Groupon it is.

6/18/14

There is no zero rating option, so TeamBuy is getting the bottom rating.

Spa treatment purchased and the voucher was valid for 6 months. When spa was called, they did not have availability within a month and 'call next month'. After two times being taken for a fool TeamBuy was contacted but they insisted that I 'keep trying'. I kept trying and deal expired.

After reading the comments I guess a spa did not get paid and was buying time, Teambuy in the meantime took my money and possibly did not pay those guys.

Result? Obnoxious customer service. Nicole and Darrel are the 'bosses' and they do not report to anyone and while they feel ok that they stole $59 from me, when you ask them if they are thick this is a deadly sin. Well at least I know the answer to that question.

This is fraud. I've contacted The Star and BBB and the investigation will happen with both organization. I was told however 'off record' that TeamBuy is know for their fraudulent practices and that the rumour on the street is that they hire criminals and kids for their customer service and that the company will soon go under.

BEWARE

6/17/14

This company is a fraud, they deal with inferior companies and when you are not happy with what the company is doing they will not refund your money...said its not refundable after 7 days and that is not written anywhere on the ticket! son they took my $49.00 and I got nothing for it because the company absolute dental hygiene wants me to sign doc saying they can give my information to who ever ask for it and I refuse to sign so she said she will not treat me if I don't sign. I was scared to let her touch my mouth when I saw the place, she told me I can get a refund and now teambuy tells me after 7 day no refund!! how can they in good conscience keep my money when I got no service for it ?

6/6/14

Wish there was a zero star option. I have never received such horrible customer service! Product months over due and teambuy won't provide a refund or credit or help in any way, This includes replying to emails. Just horrible, I have remaining tickets on my account that I also wanted refunded because I wanted to wash my hands of them and the customer "care" girl basically yelled over me. Worst Worst Worst;.

5/22/14

Don't buy from this company because they will not refund you purchase if you have problem with the company that you bought it for! I bought some ticket for Quality Inn Orleans,ON and they won't accept them anymore because Teambuy didn't pay them.

5/9/14

Both Teambuy and Dealfind are horrible companies. They don't even deserve 1 star. They WILL NOT refund your money or even credit your account of a voucher purchase if a vendor goes out of business before you can claim the voucher before the expiry date. Talk about an unethical company. How is it the customer's fault if a vendor they have affiliated with goes out of business?? What are we suppose to do with paid vouchers???? STAY AWAY! They claim they have their horrible refund policy on the vouchers but they are such liars. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!

5/1/14

We are a merchant that has supplied Teambuy/Dealfind with goods for their customers and we have not been paid! It looks like they are about to go under since they are not paying us after repeated attempts to reach someone in their accounting department went unanswered or ignored.

We're out a lot of money since we've sent out the goods to their customers and are now in the midst of starting litigation against them.

If they're not paying merchants like us it sure doesn't bode well for customers like you guys that are buying items in the $20 - $50 range.

Buyer Beware with these guys.

4/29/14

Very scandalous. Does not disclose that buying Whatabloom.com flower purchase has a $14.99 "service charge" so the purchase of $25 for $50 worth of flowers is NOT TRUE. So your deal is actually $44.99 for $50. What kind of great deal is this??
NO disclosure that the service charge is more than 50% of what you're paying on any of the details.
Bad customer service. Anant replies with short template answers with the reason "everyone pays a service charge".
DO NOT BUY FROM HERE. Filed a BBB Canada complaint.

4/27/14

I initially really liked this site. I ordered a couple things and was generally satisfied with the delivery time and the product I received. My sister did order a dress that took a few months to finally arrive but we understood that this could happen from time to time being that they have to get enough orders before the deal closes. Once I ordered a product that was completely disappointing and I had to throw out without using. But my biggest beef with this site and why I am compelled to write this review is the issue with using my credit card. There is some type of glitch which is true for both myself and my sister in which when we try to use our credit card that worked fine before and works fine on other sites, we get a message that says our card is maxed out or there is a problem with our card. The first time it happened to her, she was of course distressed that her card had been compromised some how. But this not being the case, thankfully she called teambuy and was treated to some horrible, insensitive customer service. When I noticed the same messages coming up when I used my card, I emailed them and when none of their suggestions worked, ie using mozilla instead of internet explorer, I gave up. These people don't seem go give a $#*! that there is a problem with their website and basically puts the blame on you the person trying to support their business. It's unfortunate because you can find some great deals, but I just can't get over the condescending attitude of their customer service staff. I'm done with teambuy.

4/24/14

I had a couple good experiences but then then I tried to use my voucher but the merchant had gone out of business. I did not receive any of my money back because it was after Teambuys refund policy which doesn't make any sense because there is no merchant's expiry date on the voucher. Don't use Teambuy/Dealfind.

4/22/14

Purchased a jacket from the site. It came and it was not the same jacket. Contacted their customer support and keep insisting that it is when it is obvious from the pictures I sent them. They keep asking me to measure the jacket because the size is too small so I did and now they want me to take pictures while I am doing it. I see their strategy so I can give up. What a scam, please do not buy anything from them.

4/21/14

Teambuy.ca and Dealfind.com are the same company. In short, they avoid paying merchants according to contract. We contracted with Teambuy.ca and fulfilled according to contract, submitted proof and received confirmation required for payment then the problems started. Promised payments were missed, then payments were paid short, and finally we were referred to a mysterious automated payables group that responded with only automated emails then nothing and when pushed an automated email saying it takes a minimum of 60 days to investigate an already past due 30 days payable?! Teambuys.ca and Dealfind.com do not pay their merchants and make it very difficult to collect. Their automated tactics seem designed to delay, not to resolve payments. That must also create problems for the customers that their contracted merchants supply products to.

4/16/14

I'm not sure why there are no positive reviews about this website. I have ordered both coupons and merchandise from them over 20 times and so far have received everything I ordered well before the estimated delivery date. The ONLY thing I have been disappointed in was a coupon I bought for WeMassage.ca because they are charging me an additional $176 in fees to book my massage with them that I was not expecting, which is not Teambuy's fault.

4/14/14

I purchased Microdermabrasion, my first appointment went great, the second one worst, I would like to inform all of you that ticket number TB027712019274 they are not providing proper services as they stated in the voucher, the voucher says 40 to 45 minutes but they provide hardly 20 minutes we are very disappointed from the services even they force to us if you want 40 minutes service then pays $50 to upgrade.
I want to look in this matter and advice if I did not hear from your side then we will approach to the ministry of consumer and business about fake advisements for innocent customer
Please don't buy anything from them

4/3/14

just googled TeamBuy.ca customers reviews and here are the results. PLEASE DONT buy there! NO customer service at all! Shipping takes 7!!! weeks and they dont refund. I wrote them a couple of times now. Worst experience I made. Please share before others also get screwed. I paid $22 for something that I now found on Amazon.com for less than half and I dont have to wait 7 !!! weeks for it.

4/1/14

I was a happy customer after I bought 2 items in Teambuy< but these past purchased,it was terrible. I purchased a wrap-up dress, they charged me right after buying and waiting for my purchased to come, after the estimated date, I called them, they said wait for 2 more weeks. so I did until I forgot that it was almost a month passed by already, so I contacted them again and they said that the seller was out of stock and they are not going to get anymore. I was so mad that I was waiting for nothing, so I ask my money back. they gave it back but after a month... then the latest purchased I made is the bag which in the description is genuine leather, so I wanna try I order the color I wanted, when it arrived, I was so disappointed wrong color, not even a trace of leather in that bag. so I contacted them and telling that I got the wrong color and told them that it wasn't leather at all to what they said in the description.....and they answer it was a final sale and we cannot do anything about it. I was so disappointed and was so mad so I contacted the consumer Canada to report what happen and for them to investigate TEAMBUY.

4/1/14

I am a merchant who has worked with several other sites to build our audience and clientele, unfortunately they don't honor there own contract to pay there merchants on time if at all. So if you buy something on this site and don't get it, its probably because they haven't kept up their end!

4/1/14

I'll give this site a zero because I am still waiting for my product. I emailed teambuy to find out when/if the item is being shipped and they replied "we'll contact the merchant and let you know when we've heard from them". That was over a week ago. It's already almost a month after the "estimated ship date". I should have gone with my gut that this was a big fat scam. Sigh

3/31/14

If anyone purchased any product from teambuy, they will send you note:-
Mail Out - When this buy closes, this product will be mailed to the address you provided during checkout.
They will repeat above message every week in your email. But they will not send you ur item even after year.
Also I recommend I you already purchase anything please call to your credit card company and request to stop teambuy transaction because they can withdraw money (they are used to)and don't think to receive that item.

3/31/14

Got charged $25 tax when it was all taxes included, and also waiting 2 months on an item and they give BS excuses. Today i demanded a refund.
I have stopped buying from them. They lost a good client but there are other websites out there

3/29/14

Me and my husband had a bad experience too with teambuy. There are many deal sites which are way better. We recently came across dealbang.ca. They have good products and their customer service is also good.

3/25/14

I gave it one star only because you can't give zero stars. STAY AWAY - Items not delivered or "lost in transit" - wait 9 weeks for a "merchant" to ship something - NO REFUNDS - Horrible customer "service"
All their products are junk.
If you do order - expect them to take your money, but don't expect to see anything you paid for. Save yourself the headache - don't make the same mistake I did.

3/19/14

Horrible , Horrible , Horrible!! Not only did the items I ordered take 4 months to arrive they were either the wrong item or a complete knock off item that looks cheap. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE.

Also, they will not return you your money. Complete scam.

3/18/14

Horrible customer service. The lady on the phone was very impolite and kept throwing the 7 day policy around like it was the bible. At the end of the conversation she had the nerve to hang up on me and refused to transfer me to her supervisor. E-mail correspondence was not much better. Never buy from Teambuy....ever!

3/12/14

They sell junk, and are not responsible if the company goes out of business, even if the voucher is not yet expired!?

Do NOT buy form them.

2/27/14

My company ran a special with teambuy and it has been the worst experience and we are extremely disappointed. They pushed really hard to get us to sign up and once we they completely disappeared. Issues and problems are difficult to resolve and it is a fight to get payments from them. If you are a company looking to run a special...run the other way! Do NOT do business with teambuy!

2/21/14

Teambuy is aweful. Make sure your deal is good, legit and the place remains open because, NO, they don't reimburse you if something goesa wrong.

DONT BUY IN TEAMBUY

2/19/14

I purchased 2 gloves and paid $17 in Nov. 21/13. Expected delivery date was the week of Dec. 12/13. Was hoping to give this as Christmas present but the gloves never arrived. Dec. 27/13 via e-mail made inquiry and given case number - was told to allow 5 business days to contact supplier. Jan. 6/14 via e-mail made second inquiry and given another case number - was told to allow 5 business days to contact supplier. A Customer Experience manager handled one of the cases. In both cases, there was never a follow up. Made complaint to Better Business Bureau online Feb. 12/14 asking for refund. Same manager responded on Feb. 13/14 stating that all orders have been shipped out. Feb. 18/14 manager gave me a number to call as teambuy will not be issuing a refund. I called the number and they acknowledge they've had issues with the supplier. Asked for a credit towards a future purchase. They do not give refunds or credits, as the supplier has confirmed all orders have been shipped. Not helpful, apologetic. Do not order from this website - customer service is virtually non-existent. Inquiries and cases are mostly dealt with online and they do not respond to you in a timely manner - in my case they did not until I complained to the Better Business Bureau. Teambuy will tell you: we do not have shipping tracking numbers in order to provide you with low prices, the supplier confirms that all orders have been shipped - we do not give refunds or credits.

2/8/14

Worst deal site ever! No client service and ethic...
They refuse to reimburse you when a business closes and you can redeem your deal even if you deal is valid.
This business is simply stealing people's money and nobody is doing anything about it.
I will never buy anything from them again and I will also let all my friends, family, coworkers and everyone else I meet know that this website is a fraud.

2/5/14

This is the second time I am buying a deal on Teambuy only to find out that the information described on the deal is inaccurate. First time bought a mani/pedi spa package for a specific location. When I called to make an appointment, they said the location is closed and services no longer available at that specific location. Teambuy did not refund my money. I let it go as I know the Spa is nice but I will have to travel 40 mins to get to a different location.
Second experience was the worst ever. I bought a full body massage at St Laurent Coiffure located at 1 Westmount square. The deal specified "full-body." When I went to the merchant I found out it's NOT a full body and it's the so-called energy massage. I did not use my voucher and called Teambuy to ask for a refund. All they did is to give a teambuy credit. I will use my credit, after which will NEVER EVER again purchase from Teambuy. If you want a peace of mind that you are getting what is described, go with LivingSocial or Groupon. Never had a problem with either of them. Shame on Teambuy!

2/4/14

I agree that this site is a scam. My experience is very similar to the other postings. Thank God I used PayPal to pay for my goods. I contacted them several times and they inform me that the shipping dates were just estimates. The item was ordered in December. The last response was extremely comical. They informed me that gel shellac polish was still be made.

1/28/14

Ordered zipper pulls and never received it when promised for Nov. 17th. I've emailed several times...the first couple of emails I got replies of "We do not have any updates on this shipment at the moment. We appreciate your continued patience. We will update you as soon as we receive information from the merchant." I've continued to email them asking for a refund and now they won't even reply. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I'VE EVER ENCOUNTERED! Save your money and go to WagJag instead.

1/18/14

Agreed with others that any products they sell are inferior quality. Also, BEWARE - if you buy a voucher for a company that goes out of business before you get your services, and it's been 8 months or longer, they will do NOTHING for you! Not even if the voucher had no expiry date! This should be totally illegal!

1/15/14

Do not trust this site or their suppliers. They will post photographs of the item that DO NOT REPRESENT the item they are actually shipping. If the price seems too good to be true...it probably is!! Their 'Customer Experience' team should be ashamed of themselves for telling customers that they go to great lengths to ensure their merchants are reputable...their merchants are NOT reputable and I have dealt with more than one merchant. Shipping times were 8 weeks not 2, merchandise is falsely advertised, and there is no recourse for customers. I would also encourage reputable merchants not to sell through this site as they will be unfairly associated.

1/14/14

I participated in a Teambuy promotion,in November 2013, to receive $100 TEAMBUCKS by applying for an MBNA mastercard.As of Jan.14,2014 I still have not received the $100 TEAMBUCKS but I did receive my Mactercard.Everytime I contact TEAMBUY they say they are in touch with MBNA WHICH IS CAUSING THE DELAY.You always get a new person responding to emails.I even asked the girl to let me speak to a supervisor but they say that is impossible.The result is TERRIBLE SERVICE and NO teambucks.

1/12/14

I ordered something Nov 2013. First week. I still never got my order. Its Jan 12, 2014. I was told it would be here the week of Dec 17. Then When I called in to make sure it was going to delivered. I was told it was at the border on Dec 15. So It will be a few days. Then I called again. I was told again at the customs border and got a tracking number. ( For China) Then after Christmas they told me It was shipped out on Dec 26 from Unknown area in China. Then I when I put my tracking number in Canada Post it says it was shipped Dec 26 at 10:07PM from unknown area in China. It is trying to clear customs. ( which has been more then 12 days stuck in Customs) Like really? All Team Buy offers me is $5 off my next order. Why would I want to order from you. This company was bought from another company. The orignal Company before they changed there name to Team Buy did the same thing. I will only stick to the deal sites like groupon getaways. Cuz i know they arent bad.

1/8/14

thank you very much for you SH*T Like customer services. Purchased last Nov, and still haven't got it. nobody try to inform me the delay. so I called the customer services rep. the girl was really don't give a SH*T. "you can wait for 2 more weeks to you can cancel it now." what a you-r-annoying-customer-&-get lost attitude. thank you very much! Will never buy from you guys again!

1/7/14

I have used their service several times, my experience was often good, but this is because I do my research.
They have two types of deals: local businesses and products. DO NOT BUY PRODUCTS FROM THEM!!! Their products are low quality chinese junk that can be bought for a lower price from aliexpress.com. You can check, they take the info and pictures directly from aliexpress. I personally bought a few items from aliexpress and was so disappointed by the horrendous quality that I never even bothered to use them. I later saw the same products on teambuy (only for a higher price) and knew who I was dealing with.
As for their local business deals, those are rare where I live and are a hit and miss. For instance they had a few restaurant deals, for restaurants that deserve to be closed to begin with. I did like the deals they had for the Lindt outlet boutique as I had a chance to buy good chocolate for half the price. Really, that Lindt deal is the only reason I give them 2 stars instead of 1.

1/7/14

Terrible. Sent my coupon to an inaccessible email address I haven't used for 10 years, then did not respond to my trouble ticket despite me providing two legitimate email addresses to be contacted by. When I called, they had the audacity to tell me they respond to all tickets, when I was calling them to tell them I had received no response. Will not use this service again, and will actively discourage people from using it.

1/6/14

worst...dont recommend at all!!
here's my experience.."I've ordered a product early November 2013, was supposed to get the product in the week of 9th December 2013. When I didn't receive it, I contacted with customer service (Ms Natalie), she told me that my product is en route and should be getting it within few days. When I didn't get it in a week, I tried to contact her couple of times, but no response. Then I tried to contact customer service using this link, then I was told that my product just shipped from China on Dec 22, 2013. I was surprised to find out that I was told a BIG LIE at first time when I was informed that my product is en route, in reality the item wasn't even shipped at that time from its origin. I've all the email correspondence. This is the poorest service a company can provide.
The big surprise was still waiting for me. I've ordered a M (medium) size product for my wife, this is a standard size for her whenever we buy something from North America. But the product we got isn't even S (small) size, it's probably XS (extra small), though it has a tag M, but no way it's standard M size. This is ridiculous. If it were written anywhere that the size isn't standard, no way I'd have ordered it"

The Best Daily Deals Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber