US Government's NSF

joanh4

68 Reviews for TeamBuy.ca

▼ Sort by: recent

4/22/14

Purchased a jacket from the site. It came and it was not the same jacket. Contacted their customer support and keep insisting that it is when it is obvious from the pictures I sent them. They keep asking me to measure the jacket because the size is too small so I did and now they want me to take pictures while I am doing it. I see their strategy so I can give up. What a scam, please do not buy anything from them.

4/21/14

Teambuy.ca and Dealfind.com are the same company. In short, they avoid paying merchants according to contract. We contracted with Teambuy.ca and fulfilled according to contract, submitted proof and received confirmation required for payment then the problems started. Promised payments were missed, then payments were paid short, and finally we were referred to a mysterious automated payables group that responded with only automated emails then nothing and when pushed an automated email saying it takes a minimum of 60 days to investigate an already past due 30 days payable?! Teambuys.ca and Dealfind.com do not pay their merchants and make it very difficult to collect. Their automated tactics seem designed to delay, not to resolve payments. That must also create problems for the customers that their contracted merchants supply products to.

4/16/14

I'm not sure why there are no positive reviews about this website. I have ordered both coupons and merchandise from them over 20 times and so far have received everything I ordered well before the estimated delivery date. The ONLY thing I have been disappointed in was a coupon I bought for WeMassage.ca because they are charging me an additional $176 in fees to book my massage with them that I was not expecting, which is not Teambuy's fault.

4/14/14

I purchased Microdermabrasion, my first appointment went great, the second one worst, I would like to inform all of you that ticket number TB027712019274 they are not providing proper services as they stated in the voucher, the voucher says 40 to 45 minutes but they provide hardly 20 minutes we are very disappointed from the services even they force to us if you want 40 minutes service then pays $50 to upgrade.
I want to look in this matter and advice if I did not hear from your side then we will approach to the ministry of consumer and business about fake advisements for innocent customer
Please don't buy anything from them

4/3/14

just googled TeamBuy.ca customers reviews and here are the results. PLEASE DONT buy there! NO customer service at all! Shipping takes 7!!! weeks and they dont refund. I wrote them a couple of times now. Worst experience I made. Please share before others also get screwed. I paid $22 for something that I now found on Amazon.com for less than half and I dont have to wait 7 !!! weeks for it.

4/1/14

I was a happy customer after I bought 2 items in Teambuy< but these past purchased,it was terrible. I purchased a wrap-up dress, they charged me right after buying and waiting for my purchased to come, after the estimated date, I called them, they said wait for 2 more weeks. so I did until I forgot that it was almost a month passed by already, so I contacted them again and they said that the seller was out of stock and they are not going to get anymore. I was so mad that I was waiting for nothing, so I ask my money back. they gave it back but after a month... then the latest purchased I made is the bag which in the description is genuine leather, so I wanna try I order the color I wanted, when it arrived, I was so disappointed wrong color, not even a trace of leather in that bag. so I contacted them and telling that I got the wrong color and told them that it wasn't leather at all to what they said in the description.....and they answer it was a final sale and we cannot do anything about it. I was so disappointed and was so mad so I contacted the consumer Canada to report what happen and for them to investigate TEAMBUY.

4/1/14

I am a merchant who has worked with several other sites to build our audience and clientele, unfortunately they don't honor there own contract to pay there merchants on time if at all. So if you buy something on this site and don't get it, its probably because they haven't kept up their end!

4/1/14

I'll give this site a zero because I am still waiting for my product. I emailed teambuy to find out when/if the item is being shipped and they replied "we'll contact the merchant and let you know when we've heard from them". That was over a week ago. It's already almost a month after the "estimated ship date". I should have gone with my gut that this was a big fat scam. Sigh

3/31/14

If anyone purchased any product from teambuy, they will send you note:-
Mail Out - When this buy closes, this product will be mailed to the address you provided during checkout.
They will repeat above message every week in your email. But they will not send you ur item even after year.
Also I recommend I you already purchase anything please call to your credit card company and request to stop teambuy transaction because they can withdraw money (they are used to)and don't think to receive that item.

3/31/14

Got charged $25 tax when it was all taxes included, and also waiting 2 months on an item and they give BS excuses. Today i demanded a refund.
I have stopped buying from them. They lost a good client but there are other websites out there

3/29/14

Me and my husband had a bad experience too with teambuy. There are many deal sites which are way better. We recently came across dealbang.ca. They have good products and their customer service is also good.

3/25/14

I gave it one star only because you can't give zero stars. STAY AWAY - Items not delivered or "lost in transit" - wait 9 weeks for a "merchant" to ship something - NO REFUNDS - Horrible customer "service"
All their products are junk.
If you do order - expect them to take your money, but don't expect to see anything you paid for. Save yourself the headache - don't make the same mistake I did.

3/19/14

Horrible , Horrible , Horrible!! Not only did the items I ordered take 4 months to arrive they were either the wrong item or a complete knock off item that looks cheap. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE.

Also, they will not return you your money. Complete scam.

3/18/14

Horrible customer service. The lady on the phone was very impolite and kept throwing the 7 day policy around like it was the bible. At the end of the conversation she had the nerve to hang up on me and refused to transfer me to her supervisor. E-mail correspondence was not much better. Never buy from Teambuy....ever!

3/12/14

They sell junk, and are not responsible if the company goes out of business, even if the voucher is not yet expired!?

Do NOT buy form them.

2/27/14

My company ran a special with teambuy and it has been the worst experience and we are extremely disappointed. They pushed really hard to get us to sign up and once we they completely disappeared. Issues and problems are difficult to resolve and it is a fight to get payments from them. If you are a company looking to run a special...run the other way! Do NOT do business with teambuy!

2/21/14

Teambuy is aweful. Make sure your deal is good, legit and the place remains open because, NO, they don't reimburse you if something goesa wrong.

DONT BUY IN TEAMBUY

2/19/14

I purchased 2 gloves and paid $17 in Nov. 21/13. Expected delivery date was the week of Dec. 12/13. Was hoping to give this as Christmas present but the gloves never arrived. Dec. 27/13 via e-mail made inquiry and given case number - was told to allow 5 business days to contact supplier. Jan. 6/14 via e-mail made second inquiry and given another case number - was told to allow 5 business days to contact supplier. A Customer Experience manager handled one of the cases. In both cases, there was never a follow up. Made complaint to Better Business Bureau online Feb. 12/14 asking for refund. Same manager responded on Feb. 13/14 stating that all orders have been shipped out. Feb. 18/14 manager gave me a number to call as teambuy will not be issuing a refund. I called the number and they acknowledge they've had issues with the supplier. Asked for a credit towards a future purchase. They do not give refunds or credits, as the supplier has confirmed all orders have been shipped. Not helpful, apologetic. Do not order from this website - customer service is virtually non-existent. Inquiries and cases are mostly dealt with online and they do not respond to you in a timely manner - in my case they did not until I complained to the Better Business Bureau. Teambuy will tell you: we do not have shipping tracking numbers in order to provide you with low prices, the supplier confirms that all orders have been shipped - we do not give refunds or credits.

2/8/14

Worst deal site ever! No client service and ethic...
They refuse to reimburse you when a business closes and you can redeem your deal even if you deal is valid.
This business is simply stealing people's money and nobody is doing anything about it.
I will never buy anything from them again and I will also let all my friends, family, coworkers and everyone else I meet know that this website is a fraud.

2/5/14

This is the second time I am buying a deal on Teambuy only to find out that the information described on the deal is inaccurate. First time bought a mani/pedi spa package for a specific location. When I called to make an appointment, they said the location is closed and services no longer available at that specific location. Teambuy did not refund my money. I let it go as I know the Spa is nice but I will have to travel 40 mins to get to a different location.
Second experience was the worst ever. I bought a full body massage at St Laurent Coiffure located at 1 Westmount square. The deal specified "full-body." When I went to the merchant I found out it's NOT a full body and it's the so-called energy massage. I did not use my voucher and called Teambuy to ask for a refund. All they did is to give a teambuy credit. I will use my credit, after which will NEVER EVER again purchase from Teambuy. If you want a peace of mind that you are getting what is described, go with LivingSocial or Groupon. Never had a problem with either of them. Shame on Teambuy!

2/4/14

I agree that this site is a scam. My experience is very similar to the other postings. Thank God I used PayPal to pay for my goods. I contacted them several times and they inform me that the shipping dates were just estimates. The item was ordered in December. The last response was extremely comical. They informed me that gel shellac polish was still be made.

1/28/14

Ordered zipper pulls and never received it when promised for Nov. 17th. I've emailed several times...the first couple of emails I got replies of "We do not have any updates on this shipment at the moment. We appreciate your continued patience. We will update you as soon as we receive information from the merchant." I've continued to email them asking for a refund and now they won't even reply. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I'VE EVER ENCOUNTERED! Save your money and go to WagJag instead.

1/18/14

Agreed with others that any products they sell are inferior quality. Also, BEWARE - if you buy a voucher for a company that goes out of business before you get your services, and it's been 8 months or longer, they will do NOTHING for you! Not even if the voucher had no expiry date! This should be totally illegal!

1/15/14

Do not trust this site or their suppliers. They will post photographs of the item that DO NOT REPRESENT the item they are actually shipping. If the price seems too good to be true...it probably is!! Their 'Customer Experience' team should be ashamed of themselves for telling customers that they go to great lengths to ensure their merchants are reputable...their merchants are NOT reputable and I have dealt with more than one merchant. Shipping times were 8 weeks not 2, merchandise is falsely advertised, and there is no recourse for customers. I would also encourage reputable merchants not to sell through this site as they will be unfairly associated.

1/14/14

I participated in a Teambuy promotion,in November 2013, to receive $100 TEAMBUCKS by applying for an MBNA mastercard.As of Jan.14,2014 I still have not received the $100 TEAMBUCKS but I did receive my Mactercard.Everytime I contact TEAMBUY they say they are in touch with MBNA WHICH IS CAUSING THE DELAY.You always get a new person responding to emails.I even asked the girl to let me speak to a supervisor but they say that is impossible.The result is TERRIBLE SERVICE and NO teambucks.

1/12/14

I ordered something Nov 2013. First week. I still never got my order. Its Jan 12, 2014. I was told it would be here the week of Dec 17. Then When I called in to make sure it was going to delivered. I was told it was at the border on Dec 15. So It will be a few days. Then I called again. I was told again at the customs border and got a tracking number. ( For China) Then after Christmas they told me It was shipped out on Dec 26 from Unknown area in China. Then I when I put my tracking number in Canada Post it says it was shipped Dec 26 at 10:07PM from unknown area in China. It is trying to clear customs. ( which has been more then 12 days stuck in Customs) Like really? All Team Buy offers me is $5 off my next order. Why would I want to order from you. This company was bought from another company. The orignal Company before they changed there name to Team Buy did the same thing. I will only stick to the deal sites like groupon getaways. Cuz i know they arent bad.

1/8/14

thank you very much for you SH*T Like customer services. Purchased last Nov, and still haven't got it. nobody try to inform me the delay. so I called the customer services rep. the girl was really don't give a SH*T. "you can wait for 2 more weeks to you can cancel it now." what a you-r-annoying-customer-&-get lost attitude. thank you very much! Will never buy from you guys again!

1/7/14

I have used their service several times, my experience was often good, but this is because I do my research.
They have two types of deals: local businesses and products. DO NOT BUY PRODUCTS FROM THEM!!! Their products are low quality chinese junk that can be bought for a lower price from aliexpress.com. You can check, they take the info and pictures directly from aliexpress. I personally bought a few items from aliexpress and was so disappointed by the horrendous quality that I never even bothered to use them. I later saw the same products on teambuy (only for a higher price) and knew who I was dealing with.
As for their local business deals, those are rare where I live and are a hit and miss. For instance they had a few restaurant deals, for restaurants that deserve to be closed to begin with. I did like the deals they had for the Lindt outlet boutique as I had a chance to buy good chocolate for half the price. Really, that Lindt deal is the only reason I give them 2 stars instead of 1.

1/7/14

Terrible. Sent my coupon to an inaccessible email address I haven't used for 10 years, then did not respond to my trouble ticket despite me providing two legitimate email addresses to be contacted by. When I called, they had the audacity to tell me they respond to all tickets, when I was calling them to tell them I had received no response. Will not use this service again, and will actively discourage people from using it.

1/6/14

worst...dont recommend at all!!
here's my experience.."I've ordered a product early November 2013, was supposed to get the product in the week of 9th December 2013. When I didn't receive it, I contacted with customer service (Ms Natalie), she told me that my product is en route and should be getting it within few days. When I didn't get it in a week, I tried to contact her couple of times, but no response. Then I tried to contact customer service using this link, then I was told that my product just shipped from China on Dec 22, 2013. I was surprised to find out that I was told a BIG LIE at first time when I was informed that my product is en route, in reality the item wasn't even shipped at that time from its origin. I've all the email correspondence. This is the poorest service a company can provide.
The big surprise was still waiting for me. I've ordered a M (medium) size product for my wife, this is a standard size for her whenever we buy something from North America. But the product we got isn't even S (small) size, it's probably XS (extra small), though it has a tag M, but no way it's standard M size. This is ridiculous. If it were written anywhere that the size isn't standard, no way I'd have ordered it"

1/4/14

This is the worst group-deal site in the world. I saw this site on Dragon's Den and figured I would support a Canadian company being Canadian and all. In the past I have had amazing success with Group-On and in the future will continue to only use them.

In November (9/11/2013) I purchased two items, a scarf and a necklace set for my girlfriend. Both had "delivery by 25/12/2013" so I figured I would buy these two Christmas Gifts. Neither has arried yet, and only on New Year's Eve did tracking numbers appear but both items are still in China according to Canada Post's website. I tried calling them but surprise surprise their site DOES NOT have phone numbers you can reach them at. You have to do some internet site bouncing to find a number thats supposedly them, however they will never pick up nor do they have voicemail. If they do pick up, they immediately hang up on you, I even once heard laughter! The email service is just as bad. I've emailed six times and been emailed back - Zero. If it doesnt come this next week I'm gonna email Visa and get them to reverse the charges.

12/27/13

First couple times I purchased haircut/highlights and got excellent service. Then I purchased Microdermabrasion, my first appointment went great, the second one they never showed up for, neighboring business called them and they said they have a sick child. . I drive 90 minutes to this appointment. Team-buy credited my account so I have to use them to get my money. A couple small things hair chalk, necklace, all good. Second Microdermabrasion first appointment great, second one they called 15 minutes before my appointment to cancel I am on the 401. 10 minutes from the appointment . 80 minutes driving and I have to turn around and go home. Again they credit my account so I have to purchase from them. ordered leggings for x-mas gifts delivery week of Nov 27. Today is Dec 27, still no leggings now I have to pay shipping again to get it to family that has left for home. Also ordered a hoodie that was to be delivered the week of Dec 4th. still not here. They are following up on it. I am done. Come to find out the products are in China. If I order from Team buy Canada I expect it to be a Canadian product. No where did it say coming from China. I will not be ordering from them again. They still can't tell my where my Nov 27th order is. And I call every day since Dec 15th.

12/27/13

Bought a King Size foam topper for our bed. Waited 3 weeks and it finaly arrived. Went to put it on our king size bed only to find out it was a Queen size topper! So several emails and calls later it has been 5 months since we got this and still no resolution. Being they are just a middle guy they don't seem to care, they tell you they have contacted the seller but do nothing to resolve. This is the last purchase from the and dealfind as they are the same company! Stay as far away as possible!

12/19/13

No stars! Maybe minus, if you had that option. My personal story, stated briefly... I purchased two iPhone 5 external Battery Backup Power Cases from Teambuy.ca and after two months followed up to find out why I had not received them. They claim they were delivered and gave me a Canada Post tracking number, which when I entered into the Canada Post site, said it was not a valid tracking number. I have several emails outlining the correspondence, suffice to say, their customer service was "not our problem" too bad.!! Teambuy and Dealfind are the same organization, BBB gives them an 'F' and CBC has done a full expose on them. So in my humble opinion, DO NOT use their on-line service.

12/18/13

I have not tried to use my voucher so I don't know if there is an 'end' complaint but my issue is with the way they present a gift certificate which I bought as to Christmas present to a friend. It was to the doctor's house for dinner. The voucher does have the recipient's name on it...good...but it also gives the purchasing information..ie..how much I paid for it...When has anyone given a gift(well maybe my mother in law) and in the gift card stated what they paid for it...When I called teambuy, they stated that the restaurant needs to know...Well, it specifically states 'Three course dinner for two' on it...why do they have to let the recipient know what I paid for it...very tacky, I think...I will not be buying any gift vouchers from them in the future.

12/17/13

Teambuy.ca is awful. TEAM BUY IS A RIP OFF. THEY DON'T TAKE CARE OF THEIR CUSTOMERS ONCE THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY. I Suggest going to groupon or other sites unaffiliated with this site. Also, expect a six month wait time for your orders, no matter what they tell you. I've bought several things and will NEVER DEAL with them again

12/17/13

They don't deserve a star. Worst passive aggressive customer service ever! I purchased a coat in November.They said it will be shipped 3-4 weeks. I received a tracking number but it is still in China with Xpresspost waiting. A month has passed.
Purchase Date: 11.09.2013
Expected Delivery: Week of 12.12.2013. I have sent emails and made calls numerous times and they have rudely told me to sit tight, if you have a tracking number then you just have to wait for the coat to be sent.They never respond to your email regarding the issue and they lack customer service on the phone including the manager. I have since reported them to my credit card company. I have never dealt with such horrible customer service. I had to yell and scream and they said you will still have to wait. No solutions. At this point I just want my money refunded.

12/17/13

Horrible. I bought a wooden watch by Earth through Teambuy for my boyfriend and the quality was completely lacking. Scratched surface, the numbers of the watch looked nothing like on the picture provided (in person they were way more shiny and swirly), the watch links kept kinking up and the "wood" looked more like cheap plastic. Furthermore, Teambuy advertised the watch at a value of 322$, when after investigating other online stores, I found that it was at best valued and sold at 178$. I first e-mailed with my complaints and a full refund and they said they could only send me replacement if my watch was "defective". I asked for a representative phone number and when I called on Monday their phone lines were "down". I called back the next day with my complaints about quality and the way that they advertised the product completely inaccurate and they did absolutely nothing for me. They were extremely unhelpful, unsympathetic and attempted to justify their extremely high inaccurate value of the product by saying it is what the merchant wants to sell it for and did not take any responsibility. Overall, I would NEVER buy from this company again. They do not have their customers back, they sell products for way more than they are worth and when the customer realizes this from the crap products they receive, they do absolutely nothing about it.

I also had bought a product before this awful experience, and it took over a month to receive. Not the end of the world, but definitely annoying.

11/21/13

Horrible. They sell you coupons for businesses that don't show up or go out of business, then you have to wait five business days for them to get back to you, and you have to follow up with Teambuy, they don't call you back. Its a horrible experience all around and I would not buy from them again.

11/20/13

Once teambuy sold you their coupon they are done being nice to you. Bonjour, J'ai acheté trois coupon de chez Yaser coiffure pour une coupe de cheveux, rasage et épilation. Le traitement à débuté par le rasage. Le coiffeur à utilisé un rasoir à lame de barbier. C'était très douloureux. Par la suite il est repassé aux mêmes endroits avec un rasoir électrique à barbe non stérélisé ce qui était très douloureux. Il ma ensuite demandé d'aller me rincer le visage à la salle de bain. En me voyant dans le miroir j'étais stupéfait. Mon visage était en sang. J'ai une grande coupure sur le menton, sous le nez et sous le menton. Je saignais tellement que j'ai pris une photo du mouchoir que j'ai utilisé pour m'essuyer. J'étais tellement dégouté par le traitement que j'ai remi mon coupon et quitté. j'ai acheté trois de ces coupons. Teambuy refuse de me rembourser les 2 autres coupons, qui sont encore valide.

11/15/13

I purchased a $50 house cleaning last Christmas. I made an appointment with the cleaning company a few months ago, and last month they never showed up for the appointment. The cleaning company's number is now disconnected and they don't respond to emails. When I contacted Teambuy about this they said that since the business is no longer operating, and my coupon is more than 240 days old, they will do NOTHING for me!!! Why does it matter that it's >240 days old, it hasn't even expired yet! So here's a scam for ya, make up a bogus company and put a service on Teambuy, then close down and Teambuy (or the company) get to keep your money...with zero accountability!! STAY AWAY!

PS: you can find almost every product they offer on eBay for the same price or less.

11/10/13

The worst customer service ever!!!
I bought two Iphone 5 arm bands from them first week of September, and I received only one Iphone5 armband in mail on November 8th. Can you believed that?? 2 months later I only received one of them!!!!
The quality of all the products that they sell is really bad. Whatever you order from them arrives after 2 moths and smells like strong oil or gasoline.

11/8/13

Sign up and they spam you like crazy. I turned off all email settings and it doesn't stop. They have no option to Delete Account.

11/4/13

Unbelievable. Ordered a few things for gifts. Do not waste your time. The delivery date schedule is not even close. I purchased something the first week of September and it was to be delivered by the 13th of October. I just received a tracking number this week (Nov 1) and it did't leave China until a month after I purchased it. When trying to contact teambuy for customer support it was like jumping through hoops. Their response was " be patient". NEVER AGAIN!

11/3/13

I am a Merchant and tried to work with Teambuy...They do not pay on time according to the agreement. I have to send tons of e.mails to get the money from them...I will never deal with them again...

Veteran Reviewer
11/1/13

I know a lot of people will disagree with me on this but this is the way I feel....

If you buy from websites based in China, Nigeria, Congo, Namibia, Iran, Syria, etc etc... a good rule of thumb is don't buy technology (phones, computers, cars etc...) and food (baby food, formula etc...).
If you buy anything at all...buy cheap plastic things like cd holders and make sure they aren't priced over $5. This goes for palm reading too.
Also when you order from places like this don't give them a credit card number otherwise you will be overcharged. Use something safer like a disposable credit card that only has $5 of credit.

PS. Don't order more than one item at a time that way your never out more than $5.

11/1/13

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE EVER. They posted an unauthorized amount onto my credit card, and when I called them on it, they argued with me and blamed my credit card company.
Avoid this site, and whatever you do, do NOT give them your credit card number!

10/3/13

Don't buy from this company, unless you know the seller and can make sure it is a reputable company. The company I bought for, has disappeared, there was no expiry date on the deal, and teambuy will not give me a credit. I offered to split the difference and they will still not concede. I will never buy anthing from teambuy.ca or dealfind.ca. Groupon seems to be much better

8/21/13

The product and service can be either amazing or horrible. Depends on the company they are working with (or selling from). If it is not a Teambuy product, make sure you look up the company they are selling from as Teambuy will have pretty much washed their hands of any customer service (you will have to contact the direct company yourself, goodluck..).

8/6/13

Bad service! Merchants disappear and then you don't get your money bacj jusy a credit to your account.

About TeamBuy.ca