US Government's NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

anonymoust4
2/4/15

Task Rabbit used to be great under the former auction system but the new format is horrible for those doing the work. Their automated program more times that not sends performance metrics that make no sense (how can you achieve 75% of tasks accepted when you've only done 2 out 3 - mathematically impossible!). You are also penalized for not accepting tasks, which then makes the tasker feel forced to take tasks which are questionable in order to maintain their status. Loved the old system and wish they'd go back because the new format is horrible.

jeng15
2/3/15

Horrible company to both the poster and the task worker. Micro management and rigidity make this company a total turnoff. Their new one sucks. Don't use them.....CL even before them.

odinp
2/2/15

TaskRabbit wants you to be a TaskPuppet as a tasker to take 20% of your money from your income as a self employee and profit from you. Expect you to be perfect to everything rating you on your performance in time of response, % of tasks you agree to and much more like if you are a robot who can teleport anywhere and do 50 things at once in their view in commitment to be their slave. Extremely annoying consistently sending messages of tasks wanted done even while you are working and have scheduled jobs already
without even being able to speak with the client for more info unless you agree to doing it first. 85% or higher is their satisfactory minimum on your work, they don't even care about you as an employee, are impossible to contact as a virtual company supposedly with an office in San Fransico, CA like if everyone lives there. They'll tell you you just got paid and still have to wait a week or so for it without any record of what the payment is for with just a code # on your bank account as direct deposit. Bull greedy unjust company without consideration to the worker. Greedy clients will also take advantage of you and expect you to be superman doing everything like if you even saw the task before or had time to choose the right solution and already have the equipment they didn't get to fix it.

miriame2
12/1/14

I ordered a Task Rabbit to come to my home on December 1 to do a serious cleaning of my refrigerator. I was notified that the young man I chose would be at my house between 1:00 and 4:00 p.m. He never showed up!

My partner and I spent about 2 hours cleaning out all the expired food from the fridge in order to streamline his task. His failure to appear left us hanging out to dry, so to speak. I could not find a phone number for TaskRabbit to complain.

Needless to say, I am seriously disappointed and don't plan to use their services again.

tinaw
11/24/14

I needed to have a boxspring hauled to the local dump so I posted a request on TaskRabbit. No one responded to my offer of $60, plus an additional $17 for dump fees. The dump is less than 5 miles away. Finally a kind gentleman on TaskRabbit was willing to haul it away for $100 + $17. TaskRabbit charges 20% which is quite a large cut. I decided to give Craigslist a try and found someone right away who offered to dump it for $40 total. TaskRabbit is probably better suited for when you need to read the reviews of the taskers, otherwise their pricing is not very competitive in the marketplace.

The TaskRabbit website is also a bit inflexible in functionality. I wanted to specify a range of time for the task, but you have to lock down on a specific day/time. I liked the original website, where taskers would bid on your task and you pick the best offer.

peters129
7/18/14

Check out www.bartersugar.com. It’s not gig based, but most of us can use the skills we offer on TR here instead.

paulb127
6/6/14

As a former Taskrabbit I can honestly say that I did work for a few nice people, but most were just looking to get work done at rates far below market value. many times I would place low bids on work (e.g. logo design for a sporting goods store at $300), only to find out that they expected to pay 10% of that.
Over all I would have to say that if I wanted something done, or if looking for temp employment I would go to Craigslist.

richardg53
2/13/14

The people doing the tasks are often paid less than minimum wage for the work, and people are so desperate for work, they accept jobs for too low. It's bad for the customer and the person doing the work

brianp38
2/12/14

TaskRabbit is a greedy scam of a Company which profits off the labor of hard working individuals by charging 20% off the top. I thought Real Estate agents were scum charging sellers 6% for doing almost near to nothing. TR beats this because they do absolutely nothing but bring two people together during survival times. I call it greed. Even credit card companies don't charge 20%!. Their motto is "Neighbors helping Neighbors" but since when do neighbors profit off other neighbors. Neighbors help each other for free and goodwill!

annec15
1/14/14

Their model is flawed because you cannot rate a taskrabbit unless they show up. If they stand you up, the job was never completed, so they can maintain their 4 or 5-star rating while you get the shaft. My experience: I always post a fee that works out to at least 25/hr for minimal skill jobs. My first experience hiring a TaskRabbit was great. My second experience was abysmal, because the person who accepted the job never showed, never contacted me, and never replied to my texts. I had a short window of time to get this done and was left hanging all day. Task Rabbit customer service said I could cancel the task and I'd get a $10 credit for the next job, but had no answer when I asked how can I add this feedback to the taskrabbit's evaluation. So ... buyer beware. Have a backup plan. You can't rely on a taskrabbit's ratings. (This one had done over 20 jobs with a 4.5 star rating.)

daver46
1/10/14

Seems like a scam to me- many of the feedback reviews for different workers are from exactly the same person (name & photo) for the same work at the same time i.e. delivering 30 parcels across London at short notice. Perhaps they've just put up fake reviews to make the site look used/good?

mikel31
7/1/13

Amazing. So great. All of my experiences with the people doing the tasks have been positive and all correspondence with the TR staff has been great.

cathyp4
5/29/12

I’ve worked as a task rabbit and it’s basically blind bidding by the task rabbits. We don’t get to know what the job poster wants to pay. Even when I’ve made a “good” bid per task rabbit’s "good bid ding” for making a bid at or less than what the job poster wants to pay, the job winds up going to the lowest bidder, often up to half of what my supposed “good bid” was. Posters always underestimate the work they need done and I’ve done many tasks for less than minimum wage. Why? Because task rabbit rates the task rabbit workers and if you don’t do it, the poster can complain and you look like the bad guy. Task rabbit.com is the winner, next the poster who gets cheap college educated labor, the rabbits? Well?.... kind of the gum on the bottom of the shoe, unless you like being taken advantage of

rodg
1/19/12

Great site for hiring just about anyone to do anything. I like their heavy lifting section to assist in getting rid of large pieces of furniture. I once just used craigslist for a junk removal service and got 2 small girls attempting to carry a couch out of my house. They couldn't do it alone so I had to help. I like how taskrabbit vets the service providers.

chrism21
2/1/11

they scam. they don't give you real information about what you do for the business -- they are scammers!!!!!

michaell
8/4/10

If you have errands to run, but your time is valuable, try hiring a Runner to do it for you. On TaskRabbit you can name your price and the Runners will do anything from moving items, shopping for you, to taking your clothes to the cleaners. All the Runners are immediately reviewed after completing the task, so you can easily tell who is reliable and trustworthy.

On the flip side, signing up to be a Runner is a great way to generate some extra cash if you are unemployed, self-employed, or just happen to have a lot of free time. A lot of the Runners today happen to be stay-at-home parents looking for part-time work.

Currently the service is only available in Boston and San Francisco, but the site is relatively new and will add cities as it continues to grow.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the TaskRabbit staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Hmm...I dunno, but it seems to be based off supply and demand and since there's no demand for it in something that's not a major city, they're going to take their time getting to other places, unfortunately.
8/5/10
sharonk1
A: When will Taskrabbit come to Georgia?
8/5/10
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the TaskRabbit staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?