US Government's NSF

11 Reviews for TaskRabbit

▼ Sort by: recent

peters129
7/18/14

Check out www.bartersugar.com. It’s not gig based, but most of us can use the skills we offer on TR here instead.

paulb127
6/6/14

As a former Taskrabbit I can honestly say that I did work for a few nice people, but most were just looking to get work done at rates far below market value. many times I would place low bids on work (e.g. logo design for a sporting goods store at $300), only to find out that they expected to pay 10% of that.
Over all I would have to say that if I wanted something done, or if looking for temp employment I would go to Craigslist.

richardg53
2/13/14

The people doing the tasks are often paid less than minimum wage for the work, and people are so desperate for work, they accept jobs for too low. It's bad for the customer and the person doing the work

brianp38
2/12/14

TaskRabbit is a greedy scam of a Company which profits off the labor of hard working individuals by charging 20% off the top. I thought Real Estate agents were scum charging sellers 6% for doing almost near to nothing. TR beats this because they do absolutely nothing but bring two people together during survival times. I call it greed. Even credit card companies don't charge 20%!. Their motto is "Neighbors helping Neighbors" but since when do neighbors profit off other neighbors. Neighbors help each other for free and goodwill!

annec15
1/14/14

Their model is flawed because you cannot rate a taskrabbit unless they show up. If they stand you up, the job was never completed, so they can maintain their 4 or 5-star rating while you get the shaft. My experience: I always post a fee that works out to at least 25/hr for minimal skill jobs. My first experience hiring a TaskRabbit was great. My second experience was abysmal, because the person who accepted the job never showed, never contacted me, and never replied to my texts. I had a short window of time to get this done and was left hanging all day. Task Rabbit customer service said I could cancel the task and I'd get a $10 credit for the next job, but had no answer when I asked how can I add this feedback to the taskrabbit's evaluation. So ... buyer beware. Have a backup plan. You can't rely on a taskrabbit's ratings. (This one had done over 20 jobs with a 4.5 star rating.)

daver46
1/10/14

Seems like a scam to me- many of the feedback reviews for different workers are from exactly the same person (name & photo) for the same work at the same time i.e. delivering 30 parcels across London at short notice. Perhaps they've just put up fake reviews to make the site look used/good?

mikel31
7/1/13

Amazing. So great. All of my experiences with the people doing the tasks have been positive and all correspondence with the TR staff has been great.

cathyp4
5/29/12

I’ve worked as a task rabbit and it’s basically blind bidding by the task rabbits. We don’t get to know what the job poster wants to pay. Even when I’ve made a “good” bid per task rabbit’s "good bid ding” for making a bid at or less than what the job poster wants to pay, the job winds up going to the lowest bidder, often up to half of what my supposed “good bid” was. Posters always underestimate the work they need done and I’ve done many tasks for less than minimum wage. Why? Because task rabbit rates the task rabbit workers and if you don’t do it, the poster can complain and you look like the bad guy. Task rabbit.com is the winner, next the poster who gets cheap college educated labor, the rabbits? Well?.... kind of the gum on the bottom of the shoe, unless you like being taken advantage of

rodg
ADMIN
1/19/12

Great site for hiring just about anyone to do anything. I like their heavy lifting section to assist in getting rid of large pieces of furniture. I once just used craigslist for a junk removal service and got 2 small girls attempting to carry a couch out of my house. They couldn't do it alone so I had to help. I like how taskrabbit vets the service providers.

chrism21
2/1/11

they scam. they don't give you real information about what you do for the business -- they are scammers!!!!!

michaell
ADMIN
8/4/10

If you have errands to run, but your time is valuable, try hiring a Runner to do it for you. On TaskRabbit you can name your price and the Runners will do anything from moving items, shopping for you, to taking your clothes to the cleaners. All the Runners are immediately reviewed after completing the task, so you can easily tell who is reliable and trustworthy.

On the flip side, signing up to be a Runner is a great way to generate some extra cash if you are unemployed, self-employed, or just happen to have a lot of free time. A lot of the Runners today happen to be stay-at-home parents looking for part-time work.

Currently the service is only available in Boston and San Francisco, but the site is relatively new and will add cities as it continues to grow.

Best Job Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber