US Government's NSF

▼ Sort by: recent

laural29
New Reviewer
10/31/13

I was excited to set up a page of links that I would use to replace iGoogle when it shuts down. And I was really excited when I found I could download my bookmarks to additional pages. When I did so, I didn't realize the bookmarks would load to separate pages of links, but I set to work cleaning it up so I would have a set of pages with all my most-used links in a visible array. Great, right? Not so fast. While I edited my bookmarks in their new Tile form, I noticed that when I clicked, there was often no response to my clicks. So I did something else, then came back and reloaded the page and returned to the Symbaloo page to try again. But it intermittently slowed down or stopped altogether. Silly me, I persisted, and then I needed to use a link on the "Home Webmix" that I had initially created. Tried to navigate there and -- No Way! It had disappeared completely! Tried scanning through the tabs to see if it somehow been moved down the line -- but instead, the Home Webmix had been replaced by a different tab -- the last one in my list. I was put out. So I contacted Symbaloo's customer service for help. What a joke! Nine messages later, all they had done was tell me how perfect their site is and that I am a completely useless moron who (after 30+ years as a power-user) had just mucked it up and was using an old browser on an antique computer with an out-of-date operating system, and a slow internet connection. Wrong, wrong, wrong. There is no customer service. These guys are so full of themselves that they actually believe that their site could not possibly contain errors that would cause slowing problems for the end user. That kind of arrogance leads to shoddy workmanship, which is the tone and fact of this site. Stay away!

ianm11
Veteran Reviewer
7/1/11

The site seemed interesting. It seemed to be a quick and easy way to manage all your favorite bookmarks in one page. However - not even 24hrs after, I've deleted my account. It isn't as good as it looks, unfortunately. Its hard searching for sites to add to the bookmarks bar and when you want to create your own bookmark, it takes ages.