US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

brians93

if you want tickets to anythings from shows to sporting events in the NY area this is the place to shop. (in 97 reviews)

lyndac1

The accuracy, speed and customer service cannot be beat. (in 21 reviews)

danh57

It's great for last minute purchases, but buyer beware, sometimes the tickets are over face value. (in 7 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

maried3
4/8/15

Prince gave a 3-day notice that he was playing at the Fox Theatre in Detroit. I paid for my tickets at StubHub on 4/6/15, the large amount posted to my VISA on 4/7/15 and I get no email or phone calls. I have to call them 3 times on 4/8/15 to ask where my tickets are? Customer service cannot help me; they transfer me to Mike Goodman, grand master of StubHub, who tells me the broker failed to come up with the tickets. Really?!! And this is the business that you're in; $#*!ing people over you don't give a damn about. Your business sucks, your entire management sucks, and most of all MIKE GOODMAN, YOU SUCK!!!!!! You can respond to the AG and BBB $#*!.

jofferyb
3/22/15

Tickets didn't arrive by Tuesday when they were supposed to, or indeed Friday when the concert was. Ups shows now that only a label was printed and NEVER sent or intended to be sent. Stubhub didn't help when I contacted them the day before the concert to cancel it because my ticket hadn't even been sent yet and they replied with something about a 'fan protect guarentee' - which basically means I go back onto the Stubhub website, see my concert is now a 'past order' and there's no button or way to file a claim or complain.
I wrote an honest review which is what the first couple of lines of this are and they wouldn't publish it. The service is a lottery, you have zero guarentee of getting a ticket you paid for, you might well get your money back but Stubhub don't care when that might be. I had to file a claim with Paypal and still waiting to get my money back.

It's not rocket science, this 'service' is weak and they rely on people to send these tickets, whcih they may put up for 'sale' just in case they decide to flake and not attend. So they have a backup sucker to dump the ticket(s) on just in case they need it. Being my first and last experience with Stubhub, i've found the service a joke. When the tickets have not arrived and I ask for my money back you don't list off some 'fan protect' garbage, you give me my money back.

Wouldn't trust this service personally at all. You have no guarentee you'll get what you pay for and it certainly ruined my weekend, and week leading up to it stressing over a ticket. AVOID, if at all possible and do not make plans relying on anything bought via Stubhub.

Tip for consumers: AVOID unless you have plenty of time to make other plans. You rely on a seller who might not actually want to sell their ticket(s), Like i did. They use the service to secure a 'sucker' to palm off their possibly unwanted ticket just incase they can't make it. So obviously the seller in my case had this in mind since I have the UPS tracking information.......... showing it was never sent at all.

dawnc17
3/17/15

I found tix I wanted to buy and never used stubhub before. I learned I needed to register...so, in doing so, the site kept looping on an error saying my phone number is needed. I input it already...exactly as the site example showed. I tried 6 variations ...with no additional characters, with parens, with only dashes, both parens and dashes, with dots in between and with a 1 at the beginning...every attempt resulted in the same error: Enter a mobile/landline number as if it was missing. I engaged with their online chat twice. The first one suggested I shut/reopen my browser. While I didn't want to lose my tix, I did it anyway. It didn't work...I tried to register again and still no dice. I asked them to refer this to their technical support as there is obviously a problem with their website. I was told to call Sales to purchase my tix. I don't want to do that b/c I want to download my tix right away and this is done via the site AND I am not willing to give my CC info over the phone. I then asked if they can just register me and they said they can't. Both of the chat folks (ROBIN S. in particular) just abruptly ended the conversation with me. So, I'm stuck not able to buy tix and dealing with supposed customer SERVICE people who aren't willing to resolve the problem. I'm really unsure what the purpose their 24x7 chat serves. Looks like I'm off to ticketmaster or some other competitor ticket reseller.

Tip for consumers: My ratings are based on my perception of the value and immediate availability of the tickets, yet the site and the customer service won't allow me to actually engage in a purchase.

lindal94
3/11/15

I bought 2 tickets, Box 102, Row M, Seats 1 & 2, for the Paribas tennis tournament. Purchase was confirmed, shipping was confirmed. A week later I received the tickets, but they are for Box 108, Row M, Seats 7 & 8. The included receipt shows the original tickets. I called Customer Service immediately. First thing they say when they hear you have a problem is: "Don't worry, we guarantee to upgrade your ticket if there is a problem, or give you a full refund."

I told her the problem. She put me on hold forever. She came back on the phone and said she'd contacted the seller and they told her that they had contacted me directly and told me that the original tickets we no longer available and I had agreed to accept these alternate tickets. Total lie, total baloney. I told her so. She put me on hold again for a very long time. She came back and said no comparable seats were available (they were, but at triple the price now because the event was just days away) and they could offer me a refund only. Well, we had vacation days planned and a hotel room booked. I told her that wasn't acceptable, that they needed to provide other tickets comparable to what I had originally purchased.

She put me on hold again (waiting for me to go away?) and finally came back and said she was sorry, but all she could do was a refund or I could accept these tickets. At this point, because of our plans already being made, I agreed to accept these tickets because I felt I had no choice unless I wanted to cancel the whole trip. I then laid into her about what a scam they had going, what a rip-off, what a bogus business. I said, "You probably do this to people all the time." Anyway, I gave her the what-for and she finally agreed to give me a $40 discount if I accepted these tickets. So now we'll wait and see if I actually get a credit or an actual refund.

Bottom line is the seller can say whatever they want and sell you tickets they don't have and send you anything instead (or none at all) and you are just out of luck. By the time you know you've been ripped off and lied to, it's too late to go back and get the tickets you could have gotten from someone else earlier, without paying triple the price by this time.

Tip for consumers: If you use StubHub, just know that you are taking a big chance.

katherines9
3/1/15

I bought One Direction tickets for their Where We Are tour in 2014 and I got floor seats for $250 each which at the time was an amazing deal. I also bought The 1975 tickets from StubHub for their Toronto show which was general admission and payed only $10 more than the original price. With the One Direction tickets I had them mailed to my home and they only took about 10 days to arrive. When I bought The 1975 tickets I printed them at home and had no trouble what so ever. The tickets are legitimate! I had a perfect experience with StubHub and usually tend to buy my tickets off here more than off ticketmaster.

Tip for consumers: If you buy tickets closer to the date of the concert they tickets are cheaper.

milesf5
2/20/15

I went to purchase 4 tic to an Islanders game . After going through all the steps and after they got my credit card info the next window that popped up said " that they would only be able to honor 2 of the 4 tics that I requested". The window gave me an option to go back and view different available seats, their was no option for me to cancel the previous order I went back and choose 4 different tickets that were actually cheaper .After going through all the steps to finalize this order , I went to my mailbox to print tickets . To my surprise the initial 4 tic that they said they couldn't honor were there as well as the 2nd order . I printed out my initial order that was actually more money then the 2nd order . These 2 transactions happened 2 mins apart . I called customer service right away to tell them of the glitch and she agreed , and told me that the I T dept would look into and that I shouldn't have a problem getting reimbursed . After a month of going back and forth I'm out an extra $186.00 for the 2nd set of tics that their computer program told me to go back and select different seats. I'll pay the extra money from now on and use only ticket master .

carmels4
2/17/15

i see all of these bad review so i figured i'd share my i guess you can say mostly good one.

I wanted to buy tickets from ticketmaster for a concert that i really wanted to attend so badly. When i went on the website they didnt have any good seats that interested me so i stubbled upon stubub which i have heard about before so i said why not give it a try. They had tons of tickets for really good seats. so i called stubhub to buy them and the represenitive was very kind, helpful and friendly. we even had a a little conversation about the artist of the concert. She told me my ticket would arrive within 6 days and it ended up coming to my door in two! acouple days afterward i came across some stubhub reviews that really worried me. They were saying that they never got their tickets or when they arrived to the venue their tickets were no good and would not scan and alot of other bad things that really worried me about my tickets mostly because i was traveling nine hoursout of my way for this concert! i called stubhub with my concern and they reasurred me that my tickets were valid and it came from a former realiable seller. they even had me send them a picture of my tickets to see if they looked ok. that made me feel better but i still had a little doubt. when it came time to enter the venue all of the tickets scanned fine and i had increddible seats for a concert i really enjoyed! the only bad thing is the tickets were a little pricey but it was well worth it! So, so far so good i probably will use stubhub again if needed.

erinc19
1/29/15

Thanks to stubhub I am out 80$ it took me over a month to save up for these tickets as i am a highschool student and the billing information said the price than i was charged 80$ more, i talked to an advisor 5 minutes after purchasing the tickets and they said they could not do anything. They told me to list the price as a competitiive price which means i would still lose the money. Completely disgusted with the website do not recommend.

Tip for consumers: Don't use the website unless you are from the states

robd30
1/27/15

Thanks to Stubhub, I missed a show I really wanted to see. Why? In the course of 2 weeks, I got 3 different emails saying that the tickets I bought are not available, but they GUARANTEE that they will find replacements. 4 days until the SOLD OUT show, I was advised that they do not have my tickets, and they are going to have to refund my money...in a week. In spite of the fact that their tickets cost TWICE as much as the original face value, I bought the tickets because they were GUARANTEED. Don't waste your money on these guys. I never will again.

Tip for consumers: Don't waste your money on these guys.

chaneem
12/11/14

I purchased tickets a week ago and UPS decided to devilry them to the front door of my apartment complex at 7:20 at night however they were taken... I called StubHub and spoke to Travis who made sure before I got off the phone my issue was resolved. I got new tickets (better seats) and my new tickets were next day air. However I wish they would caught the ticket stealers....

Tip for consumers: This is a safe site... it was my 1st purchasing off of here

mc344
12/11/14

I "sold" tickets to someone and even before they received the tickets (1 business day) they canceled the transaction. I was charged. I should not have been due to the person canceling before he received the tickets. Plus he gets to return the tickets within 3 days. Now I will get them AFTER the event. I will never suggest anyone going here.

micheleg14
12/3/14

I was a first time user of Stub Hub. I paid over $500 for two tickets to Hall&Oates. Bought them well in advance and was told I would get my tickets this week. The event is next week. Just got an email saying that the "seller" was unable to produce the tickets, no other reason. Their "Fan Guarantee" where it says they will get you comparable seats was useless as well as they informed me there were no comparable seats and they would simply refund my money. So now it's a week out and there are no more tickets to be found , all my plans are up in smoke and I'm just out of luck. StubHub stinks.

Tip for consumers: I would only buy tickets from them if they are immediately available for download, otherwise buyer beware!

tonyd36
11/13/14

I had four tickets listed for sale on StubHub for World Series game 6 in Kansas City. At 7:41 on October 28th, the day of the game, two of the tickets sold. Due to a software glitch all four tickets were taken off the buyers' view and no tickets were showing available in my section. I checked that section many times and there were never tickets available for sale the entire time (until 8:01 when I relisted them, but it was too late for them to sell). StubHub refuses to produce any documentation showing that buyers could see my tickets and they refuse to admit there might be a glitch in their system. I have made many calls an emails about this issue and finally talked to Justin, a supposed manager at StubHub. I asked him if he wanted to keep a long standing customer who has never had a complaint over many years and he told me to take a hike. Until they investigate their software problem this could happen to anyone who might want to split their tickets for sale. Beware

Tip for consumers: Use another reputable site to buy and sell tickets. StubHub no longer cares about their customers.

maxs54
11/1/14

StubHub indicated that TNDirect had tickets to a Bruce Springsteen concert in Row A. When I was directed to TicketNetwork.com, the ticket was represented as Row A-EDG. I never saw this labelling before, and even Google'd "A-EDG." Upon finding no indication of what A-EDG meant using Google I bought the tickets. When they came, they were row Y (the last row)!! StubHub said that they are not affiliated with TicketNetwork.com. TicketNetwork.com said that the tickets were non-refundable. SCAM. SCAM. SCAM. Avoid both StubHub and TicketNetwork.com.

kayleighd2
10/30/14

This site sucks in SO many ways. Not only do they offer an outlet for people to buy up all the tickets in order to make a profit, they are making profits off people who do buy and sell tickets. I tried to sell a ticket for a show I ended up not being able to go to.
The tickets were mail-in only, and since the venue didn't mail the tickets out until after the date they told everyone they would (I called the venue and was told someone there dropped the ball), Stubhub cancelled my sale and charged me 20% of the ticket price. I couldn't even re-post them because it was too close to the start of the show.

Bottom line, this is an outlet for people to take tickets from actual fans and make money off of them and the customer service BLOWS. If I could give less than 1 star I would.

Tip for consumers: Just don't use it.

ruthh20
10/17/14

Just had the ABSOLUTE WORST experience with STUBHUB! They sold me FRAUDULENT tickets, would not call me back as promised (I had to call them 3 times today) and then would only REFUND my ticket as a GIFTCARD! Now I am STUCK with a GIFTCARD that I can't use for a concert I can't go to! What is even worse is that this is a company that has over $100 million in revenue and they are not willing to offer a $125 payment back to me. I WILL NEVER use or RECOMMEND this company again. If you think that you are FAN PROTECTED, guess again! I would give them ZERO or NEGATIVE stars if I could!

stephenh59
10/17/14

Bottom line is they told me I was buying tickets in one location and they turned out to be in another, and you couldn't see the game, except for small glimpses of the action. I paid for seats just off center court five rows up from the floor, per Stubhub chat, but ended up with tickets 30 feet behind the opposing teams basket, so you couldn't follow anything on the court. What a joke, and all for just under $300 for 2 tickets.

This is the interaction with a StubHub Agent via chat.

Hi! This is Suckian S. with StubHub Customer Support. How can I assist you today?
Stephen: I bought the tickets referenced for the Celtics game Wednesday. I "Chatted" with customer support about where the tickets were located in the arena because it was not clear as to there location. I was told they were in one location, but the seats were in a completely different location. Located in a spot were my son and I couldn't really see anything, but I paid a premium price for what I was told, using your arena layout map, were great seats.
Suckian S.: Stephen Id definitely like to assist you with the issue of your experience at the event, please allow me a moment to have this looked into.

Several minutes go by.....

Suckian S.: I haven't forgotten you - I'm still working on this and will be right with you.

more minutes go by...

Suckian S.: It will just be a moment more - thanks for your patience.

and more....
Suckian S.: Stephen let me get a clear understanding of your situation and experience at the event. Are you saying that you had obstructed viewing or the view was not clear?
Suckian S.: As I am really sorry to hear about your experience but to have this looked into I would like more details to be clear.
Stephen: Yes. We were basically behind the Raven side basketball hoop about 30 feet, so our view was such that you couldn't follow anything on the court. I was told through the chat we were located 5 rows up just to one side of center court, which would have provided us with a premium view of the game.
Suckian S.: Ok, I understand, please allow me to gather my information so I can adviise you ok.Our map that is placed

At least 5 minutes go by......

Suckian S.: Stephen our map that is placed on our website is based off what is received from the venue. Unfortunately as some venues have seating that the view is not clear by the structure of the venue, they do not consider those seats to be unclear, as the seats have a view of most of the court. I am really sorry about your experience as this was noted.
Suckian S.: The prices that the tickets are listed for are not charged by StubHub as they are sold from fans like yourself because we are a secondary ticket marketplace, so what we normally advise is that when buying tickets try to compare prices as best as possible.
Suckian S.: Stephen are you there?
Stephen: I understand you used their map. Because it was not clear on their map, I was relying solely on the recommendations of your chat help to determine where the seats were located. I was assured the seats were in a location that they were not, and in fact were seats that had a very poor view of the game and priced at a premium rate. If you can't accurately advise on seat location when you do, then you are misrepresenting the items you are selling, which is fraud. If you are telling me now that you don't stand behind what your selling (you are selling), then I am prepared to mount a full blown attack in the online review sites as to how what you told me you were selling me in no way represented what I received. And when there is a problem your response is "Tough luck".
Suckian S.: I definitely understand, please allow me a moment to review the order ok.
Stephen: The issue is not about price, it about the product I was sold for that price. I was told they were the best seats you had, but they were really just the most expensive. I would have seen the game better if I had watched it at home.

Several more minutes.....

Suckian S.: Ok, one moment please.

waiting longer....

Stephen: It was a surprise for my 12 yo son who is an avid basketball fan/player. He only found out we were going the day before and when I told him where we were sitting was really excited, only to find out that we were not in a location where you could see what was going on, on the court. "I can't see anything" was his reply, before the game even started. Talk about feeling like a sucker and disappointing your young son.
Suckian S.: Stephen I am really sorry about your experience and that your son received as this was a surprise for him, what I am going to do is to issue a 25% coupon to your account that can be used towards your next purchase of tickets ok.
Stephen: Forget it. If your not standing behind what you sell you don't deserve to be in business.
Stephen: I want a refund

Several more minutes go by.......

Suckian S.: I do understand based off our conversation that you said yo spoke with a representative was that via chat Stephen or by calling?
Stephen: I couldn't find a phone number. It was a chat like this. I'm guessing you have a full record of the interaction in your system.

several more minutes go by, I get up to go to the bathroom (as probably about an hour has gone by since the chat began)..... and come back to this

Suckian S.: Stephen I am understanding from placing myself in your shoe however the most I am able to offer at this time would be a 25% refund to your credit card.
Suckian S.: Stephen are you there?
Suckian S.: Due to the delay, I am going to need to disconnect this chat.
Please chat with us again if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for using StubHub and I hope you have a great day!
Thanks for using Live Chat. You may now close this window.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site. Period. Makes you feel safe about your purchase until you are lead to a bad purchase by their own staff, then it's "Tough Luck".

dollib
10/15/14

I contacted Stub hub about 4 OU vs Texas Tickets for Saturday, October 11, 2014 that I needed to sell. They instructed me to take the tickets to the LMS station in Dallas. I was told to download the app and I could watch the tickets and adjust the price to make sure they sold. I started the tickets high and began to lower the price. I had 2 other tickets for the same game that had sold on Stub Hub right away. It was getting closer and closer to the game time and I finally went and looked at the site and the ORIGINAL high price was all that was showing up. I called stub hub right away and spoke with Dewayne Bodenheimer and he checked their website and agreed that it was their website that was malfunctioning and was not reflecting the correct price of my tickets and he could not get the price to change. He offered me $100 credit on Stub Hub and to wave the fees on my next listing. I declined and told him to have a supervisor call me. She did at 8 pm that night. The game was at 11 am. She told me the same thing only she offered me $200 credit. The tickets were in their possession in Dallas upon their request & I was in Plano. Their webpage malfunctioned and they would not take responsibility! I could have sold those tickets for $200 a piece at the game. My request is that they take responsibility for their malfunctioning web site and give me the face value of my tickets. They would not honor my request. Very Very Poor Business Ethics! Their reasoning was because they did not own the tickets and they were just a secondary ticket market place. Well they sure held my tickets hostage at their LMS ticket office! My tickets were clearly in their possession. I listed the tickets with with what was supposed to be a fully functional web site reflecting my price. Clearly it was not functioning correctly that day! These people make money off of other people's tickets every day but when it's time for them to take responsibility for their malfunctioning website they stink! I got nothing but scripted answers from both employees.

dixonp
10/7/14

Stubhub charged my credit card $11,460 for ten tickets. I was in a buying "session" for $159.30 each, but they say I ended that session and decided to buy ten tickets for $11,460 instead. All of these tix were general admission, so that doesn't explain the extra $1000 or so each. I've been fighting this for over a month, and it looks like I will have to sue them in SC.

Tip for consumers: Don't use Stubhub. They have not helped me fix this even though I notified them immediately (they send an email saying we charged your card $11,460!!!! Really??????!)

katherineh11
10/5/14

I have never had a less pleasant experience with a website. I consider myself pretty tech savvy but after 4+ hours of trying to navigate through posting tickets for sale on this rediculous website I am beyond frustrated. They offer no real help on how to upload a pdf of your tickets, send you to blank pages, and delete your information. I finally thought I had my tickets listed and then I check back and they marked it as an expired listing. AFTER SIX HOURS!! When I had specifically put expires in three days. AWFUL WEBSITE DONT BOTHER. I wish I could give 0 stars.

brees3
10/1/14

I ordered tickets back in August to the Washington capitals game for my boyfriends birthday. When it got closer to the game day I still had not received my tickets (they were supposed to be mailed), I called and talked to a supervisor and he assured me that the tickets would be here today (the game is tomorrow) and they have not arrived. When I checked my tracking # on ups it says my tickets will be here tomorrow, the day of the game!! Thankfully I only live about an hour away from dc but if the tickets are not here by tomorrow afternoon I will be calling and demanding a refund. I will never order tickets from this website ever again. It's nothing but a scam and a way to take advantage of people!

johnc253
9/29/14

I just now looked at their site, and they had box-seat tickets for the Pirates' game for sale. By the time I logged into my account, of course, these tickets were no longer available, but they did have many others, tho standing room only. The ole bait-and-switch. What scumbags they are,

Tip for consumers: Buy off a scalper in the street. At least then you know who you're dealing with.

audreyo
9/27/14

I wanted to sell 2 Chicago Blackhawks tickets to tonight's preseason game. They are great seats in the 3rd row. I listed them for $110 each, ( way below the $185 face value).
I have bought from StubHub and sold Sox tickets, but never sold Blackhawks tickets through them. Apparently I misunderstood that before I scanned and downloaded the tickets, I had to go to the Blackhawks site and convert them to an electronic format. So, I get an email that they are sold and then an email saying I was charged $44 as a penalty for making a mistake. Also the tickets were removed from the listing. In the end, I was out the $ for the tickets and charged the fine. If they had emailed me the problem , I could have fixed it and sold the tickets. Their system never said there was a problem when I listed the tickets. I believe this is a very poor business practice. Now , to MAYBE get my $44 back, I have to fill out a dispute email, and hope that they get back to me one day. I am canceling my account with Stubhub and will tell all my fellow season ticket holders to steer clear of them.

susanp43
9/21/14

After waiting too long to get tickets to a Tony award winning play, I learned seats through the box office were no longer available. However, stubhub offered orchestra seats at a reasonable price - although I was reticent to purchase them without knowing exactly where they were and the general reputation for the company I went through with the purchase. It was unclear if the transaction went through so I contacted customer service and I have to say how efficient the representative was in assuring me the purchase was complete and how to go about downloading the tickets when directed to do so my email.

The process was extremely simple and come the day of the show my husband and I were pleasantly surprised to find ourselves in front row seats - the best we've ever had for a Broadway show, at the best price we ever paid.

Definitely recommended.

hankg7
8/1/14

I sold a pair of festival passes on stub hub. Tickets were delivered without issue, I received my payment and figured it was a done deal. The festival weekend arrives and I get a call from stub hub telling me that my tickets were reported as "stolen" by the person who bought them. Stubhub replaces the tickets at my expense, and also takes the initial payment OUT OF MY BANK ACCOUNT without any notice. NOT OK. If you read the terms and conditions on the stub hub website, it has no mention of how allegedly stolen tickets are proved to be stolen, and states nothing in regards to their ability to revoke processed payments. When I tried to sort out the issue with stub hub they requested a few documents that I was able to provide: receipts, confirmation emails, and anything else proving that I did in fact buy the tickets and they weren't stolen. They then requested a "scan report" from the venue, which shows that the tickets were not scanned (i.e. the buyer didn't use the tickets to get into the venue). I call the venue and try to obtain a scan report, which I'm unable to do because these are proprietary information. I tell this to the stub hub agent, and they say, essentially, that they knew that would happen and they'll review my receipt and documentation and get back to me. Well, after proving that I purchased the tickets (by providing receipt and confirmation e-mails) they use the fact that I was unable to provide them with a document that is impossible for me to obtain, they keep the payment from the buyer, and stick me with the bill for replacement tickets. The worst part is, they're unable to justify the buyer's claim that the tickets were stolen. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE! I lost a ton of money buy trying to sell legitimate tickets! stub hub was never able to prove that the tickets were stolen, especially after I provided the receipt! They completely took advantage of me by asking me to produce documents that were impossible for me to obtain. I'll never use stub hub again, and I warn any seller about your vulnerability in this situation.

pissedc6
7/28/14

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! I have never been treated so horribly after being ROBBED by a company. This site should not be used by ANYONE. I sold tickets on this site, thinking that I may be paid for the tickets I sent to the buyers. However, stub hub not only took the money that the buyers spent and gave it to another seller, they sent the buyers two more tickets and charged me a service fee. Now I am out of two tickets and I was also charged another fee. Now I have no tickets and no money. THANKS FOR NOTHING STUBHUB.

megand7
7/28/14

I sold tickets to a concert on this website. In the email they sent me that said the tickets had been sold, they included a UPS shipping label with the words "Once we receive confirmation from the buyer that they have your tickets, you will receive payment". Well I am out of town on business, and the only shipping company within walking distance from me was FedEx. So I shipped the tickets, paid extra and got confirmation 2 days later that the buyers had received the package. Three days after that, I get an email from StubHub telling me my order was cancelled and saw they charged me $22! When I called to tell them I have an email receipt saying that the buyer got their tickets, they brushed me off and said they only get their information from UPS because they have an agreement with UPS. They would not give me my money, instead are asking the buyers to send me back the tickets. Yeah right, like they are going to do that. Way to protect your sellers StubHub! Worst customer service policies I have ever heard of. I will never order form them again.

paulh100
7/15/14

I bought 4 Milwaukee Brewer tickets. I had no problems. Tickets were immediately available to print. Printed tickets and they were scanned at Miller Park with no issues
Everything was simple, I like that the tickets have no extra charges attached to them like other sites. I would buy again!

anthonyz5
7/10/14

Went to motley crue concert at summer fest tickets were expensive and with no notice we didn't get to see the sky drum solo as expected ...not happy but venue couldn't support it

jaysond11
6/25/14

I've always been happy with my ticket buying experience from StubHub. This site should be used strictly for last minute purchases as the prices are usually above the listed price.

benl36
6/19/14

Sellers STAY AWAY!

Absolute disgraceful service. If you list tickets and then change your mind etc or if the tickets you sell turn out to be late you will be paying charges galore!

I phoned stub hub to tell them I cant complete my order as I had sold them else where for a lot more money. I told them that I am informing them a month in advance but I was told by the guy on the phone id be paying a 15 pound admin fee, then on top the difference in ticket prices for them to replace the tickets to the buyer. Completely biased for the buyers and $#*!e for sellers. SELLERS STAY AWAY. You wont be paid for your tickets that you have sold until 5 days after the event, I will never be using this site again. Pity considering I used ebay until I was told I had to use stub hub. Never again! DONT FALL INTO THE TRAP

sherris6
6/12/14

I purchased tickets from stubhub for a concert. Prior to purchasing the tickets I asked if the tickets were guaranteed and I was told they were. The tickets were lost so I called Stubhub to get them replaced and they are refusing to do anything. They told me all they could do was sell me two more tickets for 25% off. They charge huge service fees but provide no service.DO NOT buy from Stubhub.

adamj32
6/10/14

I would implore anyone seriously considering to purchase tickets from this website to instead buy them from a genuine source.

My e-tickets were available for me to download, print, and attend Download festival 4 days before the event. However, I was emailed the day before the event and informed that the tickets were not valid for entry into the festival. Being informed less than 24 hours before I was to depart was appalling, and the attitude of the customer service staff that I spoke to on the phone was even worse.

Stubhub's resolution to my problem was to attend the event a day later, as their was always a slim chance that the seller could post actual tickets via special delivery. A string of hope and an empty promise from a company that has taken payment for a product they were unable to deliver.

So here I am, a day before the festival, letting down 4 other people that were suppose to be attending with me and needing me for transport. And £160 out of pocket.

Stubhub's guarantee to refund me within 3-5 working days does not fill me with hope, considering their "fanprotect guarantee" also apparently ensures the ability to enter the event on time and for tickets to be valid for entry.

A horrific demonstration of customer service and reliability from a first time user of Stubhub. Anyone reading this review would be foolish to consider purchasing tickets from a company that cares less about having fans attend event, and even less about about customer service.

kassandraa
6/5/14

NEVER BUYING FROM THEM AGAIN! I ordered 3 tickets ($248) to the Romeo Santos concert here in Houston Tx. The tickets are marked as delivered but I NEVER received them. I called stubhub and they had no electronic tickets and they couldn't give me a refund because tickets are marked as delivered! Concert was yesterday and I missed it I'm soo mad!
Don't purchase from them!

l-js
6/4/14

Tickets chosen and paid for. Printed off by myself no tickets being sent/picked up. So at this stage very happy and hopefully there will be no problems when we arrive at the 02. Will keep you posted.

kevinh68
5/22/14

This is my go to way to buy tickets to almost any event. It is so easy and the tickets are guaranteed making it a lot safer than buying on craigslist or some other site.

cb58
4/29/14

STUB HUB BUYERS BEWARE!!! IT IS A SCAM…
I purchased tickets back on Dec 17, 2013 for the II Divo concert at The Woodlands Pavilion on April 27 2014 for $355. Stub Hub advised that I would receive the tickets by April 24, 2014. On Friday, April 25 I still not have received the tickets. I contacted Stub Hub and they said “ Sorry, those tickets are not available, but we will look to find you replacements.” Later on Friday, they said that they had located some tickets at no extra cost. “BETTER SEATS” I asked how I would receive them since it was only two days prior to the concert and I was told that they would email them to me.
On Saturday, I was sent an email from Stub Hub that the email option was not available and it was to late for them to be delivered via UPS that I would have to pick them up at the Will Call window at the pavilion. At the bottom of the email it states that if you elect to pick them up at the Will Call window then you give up your rights for the FAN GUARANTEE.
Since the tickets were a Christmas gift for my wife, I did not have much choice but to elect to pick the tickets up at Will Call. When I spoke to the representative from Stub Hub about my concern about the tickets not being there, he assured me that the tickets will be there and all would be fine.
Day of concert…at 7:00 pm on Sunday I go to the Will Call window at the Pavilion and ask for my tickets. Their reply was “Sorry sir, we do not deal with Stub Hub and we do not have any tickets for you. Perhaps you need to go ask someone standing out front if they have your tickets.” I immediately called Stub Hub and they kept me on the phone for over an hour. Their response was “Sorry sir…you replied back with the email with the option to pick up the tickets at the Will Call window and it was then your risk and we are not obligated to refund your money.
So I am out of $355.00. Thank you very much for an enjoyable evening and my wife thanks you for a wonderful Christmas present.

danh57
4/25/14

Need tickets to a sold out show or game? This is your place to go! It's great for last minute purchases, but buyer beware, sometimes the tickets are over face value. Anytime I have purchased tickets, it's been a spur of the moment idea and I've always gotten what I paid for.

eduardof10
4/21/14

DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE! I used it to sell tickets for a concert and 1) I never received any notification that the ticket was sold; 2) on the day of the concert I got an e-mail saying that there was a problem with the ticket and they wrongly charged me $150 using my credit card. I tried to speak with their representatives, but simply heard that there was nothing they could do. Horrible experience.

fritzt10
4/16/14

SELLERS BEWARE! I had 14 different listings that stub hub sold for me for two Red Sox vs. Yankees game April 11th and April 12th. On April 10th I received a email that there was a problem with two of the listings. Stub hub claimed I was at fault for uploading the wrong tickets. I explained to them that I was not at fault. After stub hub reviewed the problem, they phoned me to say that the error was with their splitter. I had them email that they were responsible for the error. On April 11th around the start of the game, I started receiving emails that people were being refused into Yankee stadium. Since then I have made numerous calls to Stub hub and each time, I speak to a different person. I have been told by more then one agent, that Stub hub is at fault. Today April 16th I called to see when I would be paid for the orders I haven't received. The agent I spoke with said I would be charged for the errors. I reuse to pay for Stub hub's error. If anyone else has had the same problem with multiple orders, please post it.

gabrielk13
4/16/14

Stubhub is a site to professionally scam people on tickets online. It flies below the radar of legality by buying large amounts of tickets for popular events and then trying to make a buck reselling them online for a huge profit. May all beings be happy. And may the creators and maintainers of Stubhub receive their worthwhile share of karma. Looking forward to it going away.

andrewb87
4/15/14

Don't list your tickets on STUBHUB. I used to use them for my inventory until they introduced "the price you see is the price you pay" for buyers. What they have done is stick the sellers with the 10% service + delivery charge on top of the seller fee 15%. I listed a ticket that cost me $145 for $170 which the buyer sees $198 which is the + 10% and delivery charge. I broke even and stubhub made a profit per ticket of $53. Hey stubhub what will you do all the sellers pull there tickets? Guess you can't have buyers without inventory.

karink2
4/11/14

They'd be great if they paid on time. 5 days to process a payment after a sale is completed is such a lie. When I sell on Ebay my money goes to Paypal in less than 24 hours once a sale is confirmed. So what they're doing at stubhub is a mystery to me.
Also --- their fees are insanely high. No justification for charging both buyers and sellers really high fees.
Overall, they suck but they also get high traffic which keeps them in business. Maybe Mark Zuckerberg should try a Facebook ticket site. Seriously I think he'd be great at it and isn't it really time to move on from the whole "social media" scene @#i'moverit

lizh12
4/10/14

Five Seconds of Summer is going to appear at The Fillmore in San Francisco tomorrow night. Ticket prices from Stubhub.com start at over $300.00. The original ticket price for this concert was $35.00.

Stubhub snapped up all of the tickets and raised the price an astronomical level; out of the reach of a vast majority of their fans.

Apparently, "Snobhub" is catering to the 1% elite. I hope that, at least, The Fillmore and the 5SOS are getting a good cut.

Outrageous and greedy business practices.

saram33
4/4/14

For a company such as stubhub which boasts "It's simple: We back every order so you can buy and sell tickets with 100% confidence" this could not be further from the truth from what I found out one fateful evening.
I purchased 4 tickets for a band in concert that I had been looking forward to seeing for years. When we arrived at Barclays center just before showtime we were denied entry only to be told the tickets were already scanned to someone else. How can this happen? They were apparently sold twice. I called Stubhub customer service and after being put on hold several times, 20 minutes later the supervisor said if we purchased new tickets we would be "refunded and credited for the new tickets" since they (Stubhub) did not have any others to sell. At that point the box office at Barclays Center said they didn't have any extra tickets to sell. They had to get their manager who somehow miraculously saved the day and found 4 extra tickets they were holding to sell. The manager at Barclays Center also said "this happens every night" and "not to buy from Stubhub". Also the people next to us on line were having the same problem.
After missing a third of the concert I had been looking forward to seeing and getting worse seats than we had originally purchased, I pursued my refund through Stubhub. It turns out they were only willing to refund me the original ticket price I paid, but offered only a credit through Stubhub for the new tickets I had to buy that evening. When they said "credit" to my account over the phone I assumed they meant to my credit card, not to some stubhub account. I spoke with another supervisor today who said under their policy they are not even obligated to offer a credit to my account and I was denied a refund to my credit card. They also claim this is extremely rare. Well, the manager of Barclays Center disagreed with that statement and we observed this for ourselves with another couple standing next to us experiencing the same frustration. If Stubhub had decent customer service and satisfaction guarantee, they would have issued a full refund to my credit card for all of the expenses AND offered something additional for the stress it caused and to make me want to come back. Buyers beware of Stubhub, everyone should know they are at risk of buying invalid seats and not having it resolved properly.

brians93
3/31/14

if you want tickets to anythings from shows to sporting events in the NY area this is the place to shop. you wont find cheaper tickets or a more organized system really great site and great app.

tonyl42
3/17/14

Apprehensive about buying $500 concert tickets but I must say it has been the best experience. I ordered tickets for UPS delivery..hard copy tickets not pdf or email tickets which can be scammed.. tickets arrived in 2 days exact location section and seats as described. I will definitely highly recommend stubhub and I will definitely be using again!

katrinal3
3/9/14

Excellent experience. We have bought tickets to concerts, sporting events, a musical. We have not had a bad experience. Tickets have always arrived when promised. The seats have been exactly what we expected. I feel like we can buy from StubHub with confidence.

chriss167
3/5/14

Terrible! Where is the ZERO stars option?!? I left Nationwide Arena two hours ago unable to enjoy tickets to see my belioved Eagles on 3/5/14. We were turned away after producing our e-tickets because someone else was sitting in our seats. We purchased four tickets totaling more than $400 back in November 2013 and now have to not only miss the concert of a lifetime but call and haggle with our credit company for a full refund!! Stub Hub offers NO customer service phone number, only an email. Nationwide arena agents here in Columbus said this happens all the time. Thanks for ruining my evening and ripping me off Stub Hub - you SUCK!!!

marvinh12
2/28/14

I used to sell via ebay, but now they make you sell via stubhub. It's expensive with double commission charged in a misleading way. Unfortunately, and worst of all tickets don't seem to sell on it. Hopeless.

4 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the StubHub staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Just bought Arctic Monkeys tickets from stubhub.com. looking at reviews however, now i'm feeling a bit foolish. is this a legitimate website? why are so many people saying that tickets are a fake and the site is still operational? does this website usually come through? as there is mixed reviews about it from shockingly awful to excellent. Any feedbaack would be great.
7/5/13
maried3
A: YOU DONT HAVE TO WAIT TO GET THERE TO FIND OUT YOU DONT HAVE TICKETS; THAT'S STUBHUB'S SPECIALTY; SCREWING YOU AND YOUR WALLET.
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: I BOUGHT TICKETS TO PRINCE "HIT AND MISS" TOUR. CONCERT WAS IN 3 DAYS. I BOUGHT TICKETS THE DAY THEY WENT ON SALE AT STUBHUB. MY CREDIT CARD WAS CHARGED THE NEXT DAY FOR $1300. WAITED FOR THE EMAIL WITH MY PAPERLESS TICKETS. NO EMAIL. CALLED THEM 4 TIMES DAY BEFORE THE CONCERT. SAID MY TICKETS HAD BEEN SOLD AND I QUOTE FROM MIKE GOODMAN (IF THAT'S YOUR REAL NAME), "OH WELL". DISPUTED THE CHARGE ON MY CREDIT CARD IMMEDIATELY AND WILL FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL AND BBB. THEY HAVE TO TALK TO THEM AND THE MORE WE DO THIS THE BETTER CHANCE WE HAVE OF SHUTTING THIS FAKE TICKET COMPANY DOWN!!!!
susanp43
A: I did not have any issues with my tickets. In fact they were front row Broadway doper the best price I
D ever gottn
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the StubHub staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

StubHub?
Click here to post a review