US Government's NSF

▼ Sort by: recent

cindyr24
New Reviewer
12/16/14

We chose solar city because they were the biggest and the best. We also chose them because of the fact we did not have to put a lot of money up front. We started the process last August and here we are at the end of Dec. and we still are not hooked up. They have nothing but excuses and apoligies and we have solar pannels on our roof that don't work, and $5,000 less in our savings account. We have already signed a contract, and we cannot afford a lawyer, I have never felt so helpless.

hansonu
New Reviewer
8/5/13

I used Solar City to put panels on my home. It wasn't too much of a hassle. Their customer service and staff are all pretty friendly and helpful. So far I've been saving money and have enjoyed the process. My only concern is that if I decide to sell my home one day, I'm not entirely clear on what happens with the solar panels if the new buyers don't want to take on my contract. I think you have to buy out the contract which would be expensive or pay to have the panels moved (assuming that's even possible?). But for now I'm not moving so have been happy with Solar City.