US Government's NSF

Vancouver, BC V7X 1M8, Canada

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

This site is a scam. No one answers the phone, and online chat was no help. Had to go through my credit card company and contest the charge. Stay away!

I purchased the Microsoft Office 2013 Home and Student online from Software king.
They sent me the email with the product key and information how to download.
It is not working, my expired Microsoft office program asking me to write the product key for activation but it doesn't matter how many times I type it in it still asking me the same thing.
I tried to called them but off course there is no real costumer service. It is a big scam.
Now I have to buy another one. Do not buy from them!!!!!!!! I gave them 1 star because this is the only option to write a review.

Ran into a couple of issues during the download/install process. Software King responded in a timely manner with solutions that worked. I'd buy again.

Received 2010 Office from them in February. I was denies access to the program in May. I found the original download E-mail from them recently and when I went to access the download link provided by them I found out that it no longer exists.
I am amazed that they are still getting away with this. I wish I had visited this website before purchasing.

Im the latest victim. It's a scam.

I purchase Microsoft office 2010 fees days ago and it been acting up since I got it. They will not give me a refund for nothing. They are horrible, unfair, unprofessional, not nice, and miney stealers!!! Do not trust them!!!!

this place is a rip off. I purchased windows office, and they rebilled one year later, and will not refund second billing

Very frustrated. Have contacted SoftwareKing by phone and get the message: "Sorry, we are either helping other customers or it is past business hours, please try again and hangs up. The first time was after business hours. The second time was during and there was no hold option just hung up after the message. Tried to e-mail them and it has been two weeks for a reply. I never order programs on-line and now I know why. This company does not care about its customers. I have been trying to get my access key for over two weeks. I guess they do not care once they get their money. Seems like I am going to have to pay the full price for Microsoft 2013 AGAIN, which was 274.99 (because nobody will reply to e-mails or help by phone is a joke) but will make sure it is through a proper department store. I have definitely told everyone I know about this poor business practice. I am a student and really cant afford tactics like these.

I ordered Office 2013 online from them, provided my debit card number, and was told my order was being processed. Then I received an email saying I could not download it right away because my order was being "reviewed." They said if I really needed it right away to let them know and they would "help." This, after the bank had already paid them! After about three hours I began to worry and wrote to let them know I did want it right away, and to as what they meant by "reviewing" my order. This was all yesterday. Tonight I received a message with the subject "Your order has been rejected." It went on to explain that they have very strict "fraud" standards and I did not pass them. Then another email about how they have processed my refund but it may take a couple of days for the bank to process it. I am speechless. They did not mention anything about a "review" before accepting my money. Wish I had read these other reviews before trying to do business with them. Why are they still in business? This is apparently a Canadian company, and I always thought Canadians were supposed to be 'nice." If I don't get my money back in a couple of days or sooner I will not be nice. I have been both inconvenienced and insulted.

Do not waste your time and money, they are simply a legal piracy company. I bought the Windows 7 download and it didn't have any drivers included so I had to locate them myself on the Internet. Totally useless and patronizing customer service. DO NOT GO NEAR!!!!!!

Will not refund windows software that DOES NOT work! Then they told me I was wrong and being hurtful to them because he has a disability. WHAT? I didn't even know the man on the phone had one. I am beyond disgusted with how rude, unprofessional and overall awful they are as a business.

"sold me bad antivirus key-V2FTXWFKGYHB6HY7G47MHF94Y and it's no good. support was just delays.They new it was bad! No refund!"

BEWARE. after purchase I got an e-mail stating they were all out of Key Codes! Two days later I got a code by email. I downloaded the program and now I get error messages when I try to use it. Tried to uninstall program but cannot. Geek Squad here I come. AND off to bank to get charges reversed against my cc. THIS IS A SCAM

I purchased Microsoft Office 2010 from Software King. I had trouble downloading the program, so I called Tech Support. Both times I called I spoke with a rude and condescending tech person (Winston) who got irritated with my questions and gave me very abrupt answers. I found someone else nearby to help me accomplish the download.

I just purchased a Microsoft Office 2013 Home and Student (download delivery,) followed simple instructions with the product key. When everyhting was done, I went to the Word Document application on my desktop on my laptop and a popup appeared to validate my purchase and it had told me that I had already used the product key multiple times when I only typed the product key once. DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS WEBSITE BECAUSE IT'S A SCAM! Money wasted to this website.

The VISIO 2010 copy I purchased for 1/4 the MS price does not work with Office. It seams that for that money I have bought just VISIO, and nothing else. It reinstalls every time I run it, MS Office does not recognize it and no help files are available. I tried registry fixes found online, reinstallation and Software King technical support which was no help. Beware of what you are getting as this is not a "working" program across all MS products. No refund if you buy downloaded software. Not happy, but I got what I paid for. If I would have known I would not have purchased it. I will not be buying another other of their "products".

Check the codes they send you direct with the manufacturers e.g. Microsoft. You will probably find that if you buy Professional Retail you will get Academic. They are very rude when you point out their errors and go to great lengths to hide their true identity. Also if you buy 3 licenses they will send you 1 or 2 and tell you to activate it by phone when it fails via internet... AVOID

Purchased a copy of Windows 7 Pro from them. Downloaded it and went to install it. My computer told me that "the software is corrupt". Tried to contact the company on multiple occasions. Nobody answered the customer service line and and when I tried to leave a message I was told the voice mail box is full. Tried the chat support, when the agent came on he asked how he could help me, I told him and then he never responded. I will never do business with them again. Buyers BEWARE!

I purchased a windows 7 "download delivery" about 10 hours ago because I needed urgently. I received an e-mail saying they are run out of product key! The e-mail says they would send me one shortly but I still haven't received it yet. I have sent e-mails but you response yet. I have tried to call the toll free number but I get message that says the mail box is full.
I am about to cancel the order. It might be a scam.

AFTER, I WENT TO MY E-MAIL AND I SEE " Below is your download information. Please keep this email for future reference. You will need the product key below for the installation of your software.

Order#: 214931

Code: O2K10HSPKC
Name: Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Student - 1 Install (Download Delivery)
Product Key/Serial Number: OOOPS! We seem to have run out of product keys. Please bear with us, we will have your product key emailed shortly.

Please follow the link to access the download for Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Student (1 Install):

If you have purchased Microsoft Office 2010 and are having problems downloading please follow this link to our help page:

Problems downloading other software packages please call or email."

I purchased a downloadable version of Microsoft word and was supposed to recieve a code by email, it has been over 4 hours and I have sent several emails and have not gotten a response, i have never been the recipient of such lousy service, and will make sure that I let people know what this website is about.

5 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the SoftwareKing staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
1 week ago
Add your answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the SoftwareKing staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?