US Government's NSF

50 Reviews for SodaHead

▼ Sort by: recent

michaelt62
8/13/14

SodaHead.com claims to be an opinion Site. That claim has been taken over by a certain group of Liberals, that run everyone else off with the blessing of SodaHead.

I was on SodaHead for 6-years, and achieved the rank of 39 on the Leaderboard, earned 317, 000 Raves, and over 650, 000 Points from my postings of News articles on a daily basis.
I was Deactivated on June 29, 2014, for reporting a member of this Liberal group, who had made statements of Libel, which I reported to SodaHead for many hours. SodaHead allowed these claims to continue without removing them or the SodaHead member.
I took those reports and forwarded them to the Office Manager of SodaHead for action to be taken. Nothing was done. This went on for many hours.

I was Removed from this site for sending those Reports of Abuse, to this Office Manager. They claimed they were a Violation of the Rules for sending them to Non-Support Staff. There is nothing in the Terms of Use, prohibiting contacting Staff members.

SodaHead has been removing Veterans and Conservatives at record levels, since this Liberal group has been allowed to take control over what it Commented on and the Coments made. This group has been allowed to operate under many Imposter Accounts, which is a Violation, but when reported, nothing is done. Their Nasty and Hateful comments are never removed, but when a conserve makes a much less hateful or nasty comment, such as saying "Liberals are Ignorant", that person is removed. Yet this Group is allowed to use the "F" word and other language directly to a person, threaten them, etc., with no punishment

This site is No Longer an Opinion Site.

tawanas
8/5/14

As soon as I got on this site I was bullied and attacked and when I started speaking out I was labeled a racist and I apologized then I was really targeted. There are clicks and chain gangs on sodahead.Sodahead also gives certain races more points and soda head allows bullying but when you pose the question as to why your quickly thrown off.This site is twist, full of bullying and evil people and if they are not careful they are gpnna cause someone to kill themselves ...Even though it wouldn't bother them.

fernandoh15
7/14/14

A lot of right wing but jobs on here. They are extremely sexist, racist and homophobic! It's just creepy now. Lots on conspiracy theorists too. Just stay away, the people on it are terrible.

kennethc25
7/4/14

It's an OK site, but after a while the poll questions become very repetitive and some are down right silly.
Do you like this color?
Am I pretty?
Homosexuality, for or against?

I got canned for asking a poll question about the SH admin. There were options to answer for or against. I guess they didn't like it.

kristak2
3/28/14

I cannot believe it I have been on Sodahead for 7 yrs with no problem with my e mail address and password to login in and guess what it doesn't work..I couldn't get through and what more I cannot find telephone number to reach Sodahead on about this. i don't think I;ve cause any problem..I was quite upset because there is no contact to Sodahead about this problem to login in. My Sodahead screen name is Maria..Hope you all Sodahead friends find me and contact Sodahead to find about this matters...Thanks.

dikkid
3/8/14

I was suspended for, I don't understand why! They sent me an email a day later with an example of my comment that they said got me kicked off. As follows:
Example of detected violation(s):
Fags are perverts! They like sticking their penis in places its not supposed to go, because its bad, and they like being bad! That's all it is! It's all about the sex! The kink! They don't really love ever! If they do, its out of loneliness and misunderstood. They need to either accept that, (that they are sinners), or stop sinning if they want to ever go to heaven!
My comment was in response to a few people that wouldn't stop with their sympathetic gay views! I wasn't judging, just sharing my views, what's so wrong with that? Bunch of babies that get so.twisted over some words! I'd hate to see them in the real world, with real problems!

sickoft1
1/31/14

If you're looking for a foul, hate filled, racist, sexist site where death threats are handed out like candy and self-righteous preacher types prey on women privately with naked photos and violent fantasies of raping their children, look no further this us the site for YOU!

If you've been bounced from every reputable site for making threats, hate speech, stalking, harassment, perversions of all types, recruiting or fundraising for an illegal hard right wing hate groups inside or outside the US, or just love to make multiple sick trolls and bottom feed....you will not only fit right in here, you could very well win the whole Interwebz, Sodahead Version!

If this sounds more appalling than appealing, save your lunch and stay away.

sodad
1/31/14

Extremely liberal site that doesn't allow for much discussion outside of those constraints. The Moderators never seem to be present because the site rules are broken many times a day and it seems that favoritism is played upon when they actually do moderate. Many good conservatives have been banned while liberals doing the same and at many times worse things remain intact. If you are looking for a forum with one sided moderators, little to inefficient moderation, radical liberals posting flame bait and loaded questions, and a ton of bullying...then SodaHead might be right for you. If you want a real political debate there are many forums available that will serve you better and not leave you with a bad taste in your mouth.

mommaj1
1/31/14

Darn fun site! Ignore the sockpuppet negative reviews here. Just someone trying to put on a good smear job on another.

jayp30
1/26/14

I joined because it sounded interesting and I enjoy a good sparring match with right-wing nutjobs and extremists. Not one to back down, I called out many including a 'Top-Gun' fascist aka Luca. After I shot down everything said and pointed out outright plagiarism, cut&paste responses and rehasing old, obscure extremist posts, I experie3nced denial of service, unable to vote or post, then ultimately complete denial with the following message: 502 Bad Gateway.
nginx/1.0.14

Funny thing...I had my friend register on his PC at his home access SH with no problems. When I logged into SH with MY account... OOOPS!

jonathanr30
1/23/14

I was invited to soda head after being on yahoo BUZZ in 01/ 2011,, and at first I found NEUTRALITY ,,and like minded christian / conservative ...and liberal folks ...!

after my first year all things changed & it became EXTREMELY ABUSIVE towards americans / patriots ..and constitutional conservatives ...and christians ...!

after the owners (jason Feffer )sold out to coast angel group it's gone down the drain and the worst anti american / ANTI CONSTITUTION ",,,liberal site there is ...

I'm currently on suspension for what ?,,, I could never get a straight answer BESIDES terms of use violations ...AS are other independent constitutional conservatives & christians ..

I was attacked relentlessly by athiests / gays ..and anti americans for my views ..
when I reported I was placed on notice for reporting for NO cause !

I suggest all folks contact their sponsors ....

arabelal
1/13/14

I was deactivated on this site because I dared to say that an ordinary British model-a wannabe(Heather Crook, I think it was her name) who was promoting her image on it,was nothing special.I dared to comment under a poll that her boyfriend had created there in which she compared herself to the world-class model,Adriana Lima,that such a comparison was absolutely ridiculous and vain.My days started to be counted from that point on.She and her boyfriend started bullying me because I dared to say my honest opinion about them.In spite of the fact that they insulted me very rudely and kept gossiping about everything I was writing there turning into ridicule all my commentaries,the staff deactivated my account and not the two British users' ones.I tried to report the two British users who had created tens of sock accounts to continue to attack me(I kept blocking them) but the staff listened to the couple's lies about me and they decided to kick me off the site while the real trolls continued their life in peace there.It's a site that I don't recommend at all because the words "RESPECT" and "FAIRNESS" do not exist in the moderators' vocabulary.

oldsalts
12/5/13

I've had "GREAT" and "HORRIBLE" experience with SodaHead. It was once a "conservative leaning" site but since more than 50% of the site was sold out to a group of "left-leaning" owners, they have contracted 26 and 27 year old Californian females as "full-time" moderators. I have received a personal email on that site from a person who bragged about her relationship with one of these moderators. When I defended a fellow Soda Head member from attacks from a liberal female member, both of us were deactivated. The liberal lady for one day, myself, permanently!

While I was a member, I wrote no fewer than 225 blogs for open discussion. I NEVER posted any blog that did not allow all factions a choice of answers and the allowance of debating those answers.

However, I could not fight the friendship relationship of the NEW very, very LIBERAL moderators who consistently side with their friends. IF anyone remembers the Yahoo Buzz, they had "one-sided" moderators as well who deactivated ONLY the conservative members. I fear that Soda Head will soon join The Buzz as soon as their paying Sponsors find out the truly only have but a few hundred active members rather than the "millions" they declare. For as many of individuals, like me, who have been "canned," we STILL count as members to their advertising accounts.

kevinr38
11/14/13

Nothing but hate-spewing, ignorant right-wing nutjobs. They are completely out of touch with reality and extremely rude. Stay away at all costs.

juanv6
11/4/13

My experience has been about the same as the above posters. I'm pro-constitution and I don't like Obama or the Democrats but I don't like the Republicans either necessarily. I'm one of those people who thinks that we are being fed divisive lies from both sides and the political system is a trainwreck. I thought this site was about free speech, but its not. On the left all they do is promote race-baiting and hate for the Tea Party, which they don't even care to understand. On the right, its all about Obama-bashing and extremism. I called a poster out for being a CIA shill (it just seemed fairly obvious) and the next thing I know my account is deleted. I had some good debates and a lot of fun but ultimately, I fear this site serves the purpose of oppressing free speech. I could create even more accounts to screw with them but I can't say I care that much. I too had about 1,000 comments...

danar15
10/31/13

Same here I expressed my libertarian views, and when other people start agreeing with you they delete your account like little babies. starting to think this site is run by terrorists and traitors to the united states and constitution. will find another site that believes in freedom of speech and being able to express yourself.

jesser2
10/30/13

It's like a poll site where all the other people answering questions are the sort of Republican drones that have Drudgereport.com set as their browser's home page.

Lots of calling everyone else a socialist, veiled racism... but it's still fun to answer polls, even if the other users are idiots.

bridgetm2
10/8/13

this is a site for right-wingers only, teabags will feel right at home.

this must be of the strangest sites ever - owner and staff post their right wing agenda as members ('fef' being Jason Feffer), also like to discipline members who crossed a line (that line is only known to fef et al) with 'time outs' -much like 'supernanny' - whilst making a fortune with your demopgraphics.

if you are a liberal, prepare to be called all names under the sun - you are fair game. make sure you have some really good friends on the left....you might just about survive it. however, these guys on the right are hilarious - they all sound like Glenn Beck et al - and poking fun at them can be fun....as long as you are thick-skinned.

garyo12
9/29/13

SodaHead is a site for Right Wing Nut Jobs . . . who have gone over the hill and around the bend. Extremely nasty, vile, and willfully misinformed people feel right at home on SodaHead. If you're anything other than that, you're likely to be kicked off the site, so that your opinions will never more be heard there.

sitaras
9/9/13

I hate SodaHead.com. That site rewards abuse and punishes victims. My one friend was stalked, falsely accused of molesting his children, and not one thing happened to his accusers. I was made fun of, bullied, called a terrorist, an unbeliever. My biggest mistake was buying into that conservatism. When I started to disagree with SodaHead.com conservatives, I was called a terrorist like I said, stalked all over the site, slandered, it was so bad that I had panic attacks all of the time and I wanted to die. One female accused me of stalking when she was still on my list. Newsflash: if you are going to accuse people of stalking, remove yourself from their list and block them! It is so easy a caveman could do it. One other member used me sexually and then ditched me. All in all, the people I thought were my friends were not. I am still traumatized. Oh, and one of the libertarians pretended to be my friend on another site and then stab me in the back. He is really a conservative though. All in all, do not join, and if you do, do not trust those SodaCons! Oh, and I was set up and banned due to false charges.

dennisz1
8/13/13

Stay awa-a-a-ay from the politics and you'll be fine.

judyb19
8/13/13

I have met some really great folks on here that I would have never known otherwise. From all parts of the world they come to this site. But then I've also met others...........!

I have found that most of those that differ from me ideologically are to the extreme opposite and most do not represent their main-stream party. We are all passionate in our beliefs and I don't think we change many minds, but one thing we do do, is get a bit of understanding of what the other side's thought process is. (Sometimes that's not so great either.)

adeenm
6/27/13

I am on the verge of deactivating my Sodahead account. I am sick of the rightwing extremists on there who don't accept other people's opinions that are different from theirs. I am a Liberal and I have gotten back many rude replies from these trolls. I don't suggest this site to anyone who is open minded, intelligent and loves America. This site has many racists, homophobes, anti Muslims, anti Obama, insanity, bigotry etc.

drueb1
6/24/13

This is a great web site. Ask or answer questions The politics/News section is quite lively!

ryanf11
3/29/13

Waste of time rant forum run by and for internet trolls shouting insults and profanities. I tried it a few times, then left it. In my short time there, I saw intelligent people arrive and then quickly leave because they just get shouted down by morons who think that yelling and acting tough gives their arguments merit. Most of the popular posts are tabloid-level idiotic. At least the nonsense from National Inquirer is professional looking, this is unprofessional. If I could give this website zero stars I would, it is garbage.

john-benedicta
3/25/13

Let's face it, there are left wings and right wings in this site. Neither of them will go non-partisan nor apolitical. I'm an apolitically type of person, so why bother going to this tainted orange soda website? Look, I hate democrats, republicans, liberals, conservatives and all political sides, so they don't seem to care that we're suffering a financial crisis. They love printing money that don't worth much anymore. When Bill Clinton was president even though he is claimed that he suck as well, everything was great. Then Walker Bush came by and ruined everything. Obama made the economy even worse. The point being is there's a reason why not to be in any affiliated parties even while making opinions on this hellhole. I think they shouldn't do economics because they don't know how to spend money right.

They seem to blame Obama for everything. Okay, so? Now they're shocked that there was a shooting at Virginia Tech? Their campus is a gun-free zone and the campuses at the UNR as well as the UNLV are allowed to have CCWs. I want mandatory background check for owners, I want an armed republic, but why not have abortions and death penalties? Sheesh, can a guy have both views from two sides? Of course, but none can work in most ways. THEY DON'T CARE. That's how stupid their critical thinking is.

This site is definitely the worst place to visit now. I believe they are making changes for awhile after I joined up. Looks like it's Facebook for opinions. It's time to never be political. Hey, I can express my thoughts whatever I want. It's a free country, right? Besides, politics is stupid to me. Like hell I would vote for somebody I don't even know.

UPDATE: As of Spring 2013, I became apolitical. From now on, I had to edit my very first review.

adamg21
3/4/13

The one thing I love about this site is that I get to meet new people. However some jerk reported my question (which I don't remember what it was, this is back in November of last year) because they didn't like it, and so Sodahead went on their defense and removed my question, so the Sodahead management is the biggest pieces of garbage I've seen. Their site will lose people and rot. There are those who hate tomboys and autistic people there too. But Y/A screwed themselves because they're not gonna get another person like me again.

bobbyh11
12/25/12

I was at first impressed by the look and functionality of the site. My political leanings are Democratic Liberal, and I would call myself among the growing religiously unaffiliated. My opinions on sodahead we more often than not met with derisive ad hominem (name calling). I get the impression there is a concerted effort by right wing extremists to put down, even stamp down opposing viewpoints. Rather than insightful dialogue, most responses include childish pictures, animations, and cartoons of the type you would expect if you were on one of those mindless "birther" email lists. The users seem to have multiple sock puppet accounts, and you can tell because they use the same profile pics, with predictable variations on their usernames.

I was on for one week, hated what sodahead.com was turning me into, and finally requested that they deactivate my account. The wingnuts can have sodahead, if that is their little clubhouse to put down Obama, etc. There are better, more professional Q&A type sites. Try quora.com.

timu1
10/27/12

I went in and deactivated my account on SodaHead. I first got on it, to deal with the Israeli-Palestinian issue. Then they invited me for other topics. That is when I started to realize, I could not stand it anymore. They were so hateful towards Muslims, when they were people who never met one. They despised Obama with a passion, not what they disagreed with about his administration. Richard Nixon was a martyr framed by the Democrats. Gays and lesbians were equally hated. You could even find racist and Anti-Semitic remarks on there. America was being driven under by Muslims, gays, and Democrats. It was basically nothing but a hate site. I got off of it, and am I am glad I did. It was just nothing but a waste of my time, and the people on there were so bitter, it was sickening to hear from them.

dominicb12
10/21/12

they ban anyone who does not like romney and loves america

ayngelb
10/5/12

Just joined there thinking it would be fun. It is as long as you don't think for yourself. Any sign of independent thought and they will jump on you like a pack of jackals. I made the mistake of answering a few political questions and they tore me up.

You could quote Gandhi there and get called a terrorist loving baby killing homosexual. They seem to believe that everybody is as radical about their beliefs as they are.

Great concept but the troll quotient is HIGH and RIGHT.

Anybody know a more friendly version, one where you know... actual opinions are allowed?

shannonr7
9/17/12

I must agree with the previous opinions of the reviewers on this site.The majority of Sodaheads subscribers are bigoted, ultra right ,card carrying moral majority nincompoops,and boy are they fun to aggravate! I swear that if some of them could have choked out a stuttered written response to some of my posts they would have done so.I'm going to keep on posting the opinions that get them so riled ,that is until they finally ban me.

johnz16
8/16/12

If you want to retain whatever hope you have for the human race, don't get within a two-site radius, because the vitriol and hate will ooze into your body like the rank scent of Justin Bieber's perfumes. The level of right-wing extremity is enough to make any sane human being question what they're even doing on this site.

tl;dr: the site has nothing to offer except extreme bias from the right and is only useful for trolling training grounds.

kenr9
7/30/12

Excellent site for interacting on any topic.
In fact, you pick the topic or the question with the option of adding multiple choice answers.
Adding pictures is easy and as they say a picture is worth a thousand words.
Highly recommend it if you want to have some fun.

cathys6
7/18/12

Vitriol, unsubstantiated diatribes and posts threatening the President make Sodahead a site for users to avoid. Advertisers would be well advised to take a good hard look at what the insides of Sodahead are before signing on. For deep within the Sodahead walls lie users full of hate, bigotry, anger and insanity. Those that disagree will be vilified and shouted down. Keywords of the Sodahead site include "libby", "filth" "ignorant" "moron" "gullible" and "idiot". To make matters worse, the Obama bashing comes fast and it comes furious. No good words are said about the President. Those that try to defend Obama are defiled. Effigies of Obama as a Nazi are allowed to linger on. Racial references of the United States President, veiled and unveiled, are posted on and on and on. Threats have been made. News is manufactured. With each passing day, with every new post, Sodahead becomes scarier and scarier and scarier. Sodahead has become scary to the point that I voluntarily deactivated my account. Clearly Sodahead has lost its mind and has lost its vision. That many of these users may be a member Sheriff Arpaio's Posse would not be a surprise. That said… this girl knew when to get out of Sodahead and this girl knew when to get out of Dodge!

chrisk21
3/23/12

this site definitely sucks. the staff run about pretending to be users and have multiple profiles and sock puppets who will gang attack you if they don't like your comment. this is a hateful site. as someone else already said they invade private messages and censor users based on private messages. this is supposed to be an adult site??LOL they think that suspending adults for time outs is productive. i would say that the majority of "users' are staff fakes. the co owner ,and his friends are also morons. and yes they flagrantly violate the code of conduct and TOS they claim everyone else is supposed to be in compliance with.
avoid this site at all costs. it is racist and hateful.

jeffc17
2/16/12

I was one of their top posters AARGH! (still ranked 19th overall) but was just deactivated. After 2000 questions most of which did quite well and were featured they decided since I wouldn't play along with their right wing manipulation of posts and called them out for burying hot posts which they don't agree with but do not violate their terms of use. They are suppose to notify you when they pull a post...which they never do...and they do pull legitimate posts quite often. Especially when certain members of admin are in control. Anyway this is a site that plays games with its posts. Too bad the admin sucks and let actual trolls run amuck on their site while banning good members who give a crap and have many friends...sad site taht could have been something...

americanc
11/3/11

For a opinion site they really like to suppress any type of free speech. Find another opinion site that honors free speech.

jamies16
10/23/11

I was a member of sodahead for nearly a year and if I had to rate it I would say it is ok. The site itself is set up good with alot of extras that many other blogging sites don't have but with that comes a cost: quality debate. One example of this is their 'add media' function which allows many airheads the ability to avoid strong debate by posting stupid picture responses. I do like the fact that the downrave function was eliminated though. They allow a blocking function but this option destroys any ability to engage in quality debates and also helps to skew poll results by allowing the far-right to block users they know who have dissenting political views from themselves.

The biggest problem of all you will deal with on there is the userbase itself combined with the fact that sodahead's managment leans pretty far to the right. I'm a Paul/Johnson supporting libertarian but yet I've been called all types of vile names by the far-right userbase on there. The neocon userbase on there is mentally immature and it shows for they will throw all types of political terms around that they realistically do not know the meanings of such as commie, libby, etc. The lack of ability to engage in any quality debate is the biggest downfall of this site since their userbase leans far-right with low IQ's who are quick to block any dissenting opinions and users.

Here is the quick rundown on SH:

1. The managment leans far-right so most 'hot' topics on the front page will lean very far right.
2. There is a blocking function which the majority far-right userbase uses to their full advantage to skew poll results and block dissenting opinions.
3. The far-right creates their own private groups where they communicate with each other to 'swarm' a poll result or top opinion in their favor by using massive raves.
4. There are many 'sock accounts' (illegal multiple accounts by the same user) created by the far-right to pose as other people such as a 17 year old cancer stricken girl (who happens to lean very far-right) to lash the nastiest attacks on people. This way the socks get deactivated and the neocons main account in which they hold in high regards stays intact.
5. The userbase is very far-right and ANY dissenting opinions or political leanings such as libertarian, liberal, moderate, etc gets you labled as an American hating commie. This name calling is very prevailent throughout the website.
6. The userbase is also very immature, far-right and close minded. There are a few decent people on the site but most do not want to engage in debating or hearing different opinions, they only want to hear more echo chamber rants that agree with themselves. Also, the userbase on there has very little debating ability so they tend to resort to name calling and all of the other tactics I've mentioned above. If you are not very far-right leaning you will need to be very strong to survive on there!

sergiot1
10/12/11

I have been on sodahead for almost a year and in that time met people from all walks of life. The discussions are very lively and sometimes heated and can be exciting, the problem with Sodahead is the staff. It seems that the Nazi's have taken over sodahead. Let me explain, I know that some liberals have complainted about sodahead being a rwnj but in reality what it is is a site where the staff decides if they like you or not. It matters not that you are Liberal or Conservative what matters is wether you fall in line to their ways. That's sad because there are good debaters on this site both conservative and liberal that have been kicked off and that is sad because good exchanges of ideas goes on here. I personally think that the staff should stay out of it unless it becomes an issue of racisim or other such nonsense. There is a block option that anyone can use if they no longer wish to deal with that person but that decision is no longer yours like a nanny sodahead staff stick their noses where it is not wanted. So in reality this is not a real social network but one monitor by the gestapo staff of sodahead.

martinm13
9/10/11

A diatribe of the deranged, Sodahead is the default home of left-wing bias and propaganda. The unoriginal hack spewed forth by its leftist users goes unchallenged as any user not in lock step with their screed will find themselves censored or banned. It is nothing but unintelligent vitriol and regurgitated talking points for elitists. The socialist rhetoric is matched only by their sheer level of socio-political retardation. Bat guano shows a higher level of cognitive functioning than the moderators at Sodahead. A quick Google search for Sodahead bias will show just why this site barely achieves one star. The chipmunk on my porch is more entertaining and far less insulting than the mindless drones that frequent Sodahead. If you are an unthinking follower looking for a queen then this is your hive but for everyone else, it is a site to be scorned and mocked for being so deliberately embarrassing to such a degree that a walrus would be more fun and challenging to debate. In the end, this site proves that liberals make great pets but lousy site designers.

omegar
8/23/11

I will have to agree that this site is not worth much. The site bombards you with ridiculous messages from members to join clubs that don't even make absolute sense to join in the first place! Plus the questions asked on the site come from brains that somehow did not find the word intelligence in the dictionary!

katelynm
8/20/11

It is a right winged site and if you don't hate Obama, women's rights, and if you aren't a Christian, you get deactivated. No reason given, no response to your emails for explanation.
The right blocks you from commenting and then attacks you on your post. There are some great people there, but more sock puppets, constantly being created by the staff and the right to come in and attack the left, and nasty sudo Christians. Hypocrisy runs amok on the site and the owner and some staff are the worse abusers.

feriac
4/18/11

You know, if you get past all the hateful people, there are some amazing people and discussions on there. Also, from what I've read, people are like 'It's anti-conservative' or 'it's against being a liberal', let me say this. You ONLY see it that way because you WANT to see it that way. If you go past the first layer of people, you'll meet great people and have great discussions and debates. You just have to WANT to find them.

Don't let the idiots at Sodahead get you down. After all, this is the internet, and you are bound to run into them sooner or later.

jont3
3/21/11

Let me start off by saying I'm a conservative.

Sodahead is one of the most ass-backwards, hate-mongering websites out there, all under the guise of sharing opinions. All the staff and moderators are far-right neo-cons who remove any dissenting opinion that hasn't already been torn to shreds by other racist, hateful and bigoted users.

They don't care about your opinion unless you're a straight white Christian American who hates liberals and blames Obama for everything.

During a discussion (if you could call it that) about Libya I had a staff member call me an "Obama lackey", a communist, and then tell me my opinion didn't matter because I'm a "foreigner" (I'm a conservative American born in Canada).

Avoid this site at all costs...please. If I didn't know any better I would swear this was some kind of parody site. Sadly that's not the case, it's just a place for the most backwards right-wing loons and conspiracy theorists to gather and agree with each other. There's absolutely no hope of liberal, moderate or even average conservative users lasting long without being banned for dissent (which the mods call trolling) or simply having their opinions moderated and deleted.

tammy-mariew
3/13/11

If you are a racist, white supremacist, klan leaning bigot, who hates everyone....it's the site for you.
Their fan base is dumb as rocks, just like their darlin Sarah Palin, whom they idolize, and I mean idolize, the b!t(h can do no wrong, but our first lady is the devil incarnate, because she suggests people eat better and exercise. Got the picture?

guns
EXPERT
3/6/11

SodaHead.Com, Everybody's Got One ™; but we're not interested in yours.

The above referenced website has had a change of management within the last year or so. While often times this can be a good thing, this is one of the instances where it simply blew goats and sucked ass. They have eliminated blogs, the "downrave", and are now telling users that a feature for personalizing their profile page which is currently in place; is causing "too much trouble" and will be done away with. The feature? The ability to add color to text boxes and choose colors/styles for fonts.

"Big deal", you say? But wait, there's more! The have also implemented paid staffers to do what the rest of the users do for free. What do the staffers do? They "stir things up" by putting up chauvinistic, race baiting, anti-semitic, hate mongering vitriol. BUT, that's not all either! They are ALSO plagiarizing user polls and posting them as "Originals", editing users posts and polls, deactivating users who get on their wick by doing something rash like calling a spade a spade (no, no racial reference). AND you get the joy of being called a "whiner" and a "loudmouth" by the site and staff!

"Wow! That's a lot!" Yep, sure is, but it ain't all!! They also are plagued by site problems, but what site isn't. BUT Sh's response to users reporting problems are, "Quit posting multiple posts on a topic. If one exists, report your problem there." and "How about you simply put up a disclaimer that you don't want to FIX the problem but simply want to COMPLAIN about it!". When reporting the numerous SPAM posts, theoretically helping the moderators and site content managers, after 4 reports you get an error message, "You have exceeded your daily number of downraves." (They got RID of downraves, remember?)

What an absolutely fantastic way to deal with the people that make your business possible!

"Shut up, don't bother us, and let us plagiarize your material and then PAY someone else to post it as their work."

So remember this, when you go traipsing around the internet; no place is as good as it claims or as free as it seems.

I can only tell you a site to avoid, not because it's not fun; but because after a user has been there almost 3 years, has over 133,000+ raves, and is the top opinion giver on the whole site; they'll decide your opinions (and you) are no longer wanted or accepted.

If ye long to return to the glorious days of 7th grade, this is NOW the site for you.

*I've also seen a poll where someone claimed they were at a certain level then dropped to a lower one because of the question they answered!

carab
1/27/11

It's well known that the owners of this site lean far to the right and it shows. There is a young (17 years old young) nasty piece of work who badgers the adults, harasses those she doesn't like and her M.O. is to get them deactivated or suspended as much as possible. We have all had it with seemingly benign comments being cause for suspension because of this little homeschooled snit. Emails to Sodahead asking for clarification and explanation go unheeded. It's certainly not fun when even the owners are the abusers.

miab
1/9/11

If an immature commentor doesn't like your opinion, they allow the member to "De-Activate" you without explanation. I exchange what I consider informative opinions and chat; where this one person and friend,use exchanges like "Bite Me" or "Go Screw Yourself" because they disagreed with my point of view. For being a short term member, I was receiving a large # of raves which meant many commentors agreed with me. First time I couldn't log in, I thought I had forgotten my passwrd, but then I read this person's boast that she had gotten me De-Activated. I couldn't believe what an unprofessional action had been allowed. After I had a new password and User name, these two very immature people were able to again, De-Activate me. I was very unimpressed by the way anyone can arbitrarily 'de-activate' another just because they don't agree with their political orientation. I've had no response from the "Contact Us" link where twice I've requested explanation.

susanh2
2/20/10

I believe it is a place for the right to feel comfortable, and I'm talking about the nastiest, most racist, homophobic, profanity laden, and just plain mean right. Not all Republicans are this nasty. If you enjoy making personal attacks and if you enjoy one-ups-manship, you will love this site. There is a section for the "Hot" questions and they are 90% right-wing and "Hot" could mean they have 6 votes or 160 votes. The one's with only 6 votes should not be considered "Hot" but they are because they are from the right-wing.

Best Music, Media & Entertainment Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber