US Government's NSF
farooqr

74 Reviews for Shop.ca

▼ Sort by: recent

3/24/14

I ordered laser printer toner from them, because of a promotion through PayPal with Shop.ca. The price was good because of the discount. Shipping was fast, everything arrived fine. But the product is crap! Might as well have no toner in my printer! So I complained to customer service. Only an automated response saying we'll get back to you.

So let's see: they sell junk, and won't respond when you complain about it. The good is they ship the junk to you ASAP!

Say away! Not recommended!

3/19/14

Amazingly fast, reliable shipping and service. Products are always as advertised and arrive in mint condition. If I could buy everything thru shop.ca I would. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

3/6/14

WILL NEVER USE THIS SITE AGAIN! I ordered items in early December under a PayPal promotion. When I paid, the promo was not applied. I called customer service for 3 days straight, holding for hours, or getting voicemail, trying to get the promo applied. I finally gave up and emailed customer service to cancel my order. I was told that the items had already shipped and that I had to return them once I received them. It took them 2 weeks to send me the shipping labels (after sending several follow-up emails). It is now MARCH and I still have not received my full refund on the items I returned. Nobody answers the phone. And emails take longer than snail mail. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Don't waste your time and money on these people.

2/15/14

I ordered a camera which was an amazing deal. Although they over sold the product, they were extremely accommodating. They purchased another Camera to send to me even though it was a different colour. They also upgraded the memory card and gave me a 25 dollar credit for the inconvenience. I was amazed with their customer service. I will definitely purchase from there again

2/6/14

I ordered 3 items in early December, they were x-mas gifts. I recived none. when I called there were no answers. they said they would re-ship them. I recived a partial refund instead, no x-mas gifts!!! I called and was told to re-order. again no items 1 month later. I called and they said the order was cancelled!!! no refund thou. what a $#*! company.

2/2/14

I went to buy a $30 accessory kit for stacking a washer/dryer. Small item in both size and price that I could pick up anywhere... futureshop, sears, etc. Thought I'd try shop.ca since I like the idea. They wanted to charge $59 shipping on a $30 item. With tax it was over $100. Whatever... Shop.ca is dead to me now. Tell two friends....

1/31/14

Recently signed up with shop.ca and my experience has been great. The sign-up was easy and simple. I ordered a few books, I received them all within the expected shipping period (5-7 business days), and shipping was free which was convenient. Overall, great shopping experience, will use again!

1/26/14

Their customer service is slow and bad, as well as their shipping. Also, they force you to "like" their Facebook and social networking pages, but then take the money away later! They've removed money from my account twice with no explanation, that is pure theft. Selection is bad and their prices are above retail, there's no reason to trust or use this site. Anything you earn in rewards could be taken from you at any time. Should be illegal.

1/22/14

Unprofessional and total scam artists. Sent a defective item. I promptly returned it but never received my refund. Customer service phone number automatically sends you to voicemail. Had to end up starting a Paypal dispute and only then did I receive an e-mail from Shop.ca telling me to close the dispute then they'll refund. Really? Because for weeks after they received the item back, they never refunded me so me closing the dispute would only kill my last recourse at actually getting my money back. Also, they make you return items to a different address than the one listed on their Paypal account so this causes confusion with Paypal reps. Finally, after numerous calls and about five weeks, Paypal refunded me. Ridiculous. Shop.ca should be shut down for their unethical practices trying to steal people's money. Wish I would've read reviews on this site before buying anything from them. Would've saved myself a lot of time and hassle.

1/21/14

Ordered an item Dec 11...have not received it yet. I call every day and leave messages. Rarely do I get a callback. They tell me that Canada post has delivered the item...but I did not get it.

stay away from shop.ca....they are slow and unreliable....and I spent $90 on an item I did not receive???

1/16/14

1st I had problems with signing up due to me forgetting my password so they sent me a temp password that didn't even work so they just let me make a new one.

2nd I ordered 2 items and one got back ordered so I cancelled it and still haven't seen my money back. The second item came today and was damaged so I have to send that back as well.

3rd I've had to e-mail them numerous times about everything and always get somebody who not only can't spell correctly they can't even help me with my obvious problems that they say they have no problem dealing with.
Horrible website, turned me off shopping online all together. I think I'm going to "shop happy" at the mall.

1/15/14

Spent hours navigating their awful site (poor layout, poor search capability) with the intent to "shop smart" by using some promotional money they gave to me - in exchange for tweeting for them, and also from visiting a Raptors game. Ordered a pair of waterproof headphones. 3 weeks later, the order was canceled, emails go unanswered and my time was wasted. Worst online retail experience I've ever had. Stay away. Instead, order from a retailer that honours their promotions and provides some semblance of customer service.

Also ordered some clothing items, those orders were all cancelled with no explanation (but canceled immediately and fairly, so I don't think it's fair to judge on those transactions).

The one purchase I did receive, was some parts from a reputable automotive supplier that I have done business with in the past. Shop.ca offered a much better return policy (1 year, no cost), but I so seriously doubt that I would have been able to return anything via shop.ca (due to their completely invisible and non-responsive customer service) that all I seem to have done was paid a premium to shop from a middle man. I will shop directly from the retailer from now on, there is no benefit to shopping at shop.ca.

1/4/14

Ordered 6 items for Christmas on Dec. 3rd. 4 of the 6 orders were cancelled without warning, 1 came through a week later, another is still stuck at "Shipping soon". Repeated attempts to contact through email and phone are met with automated replies and answering machine. Their company is a joke. Stay away, save your money and time. It's a joke how they market themselves as a Canadian site by Canadians for Canadians. They are a DISGRACE to the country and I hope they go out of business soon.

1/4/14

Purchased a tool item early December, site noted 7 items available. Ships within 3 - 5 days. Watched item for several months and never a change in availability always had at least 7 items. Two weeks later checked order status and item still not shipped. Noted on website item availability is now zero (first time in 6 months!). Contacted shop.ca by phone/email and told by customer care that supplier was getting more items by end of December and order would be shipped. Checked order status today and still in process and mysteriously item is no longer available on shop.ca (item has disappeared). Checked with manufacture of tool and they have plenty of stock of this tool item and this item is sold direct from manufacture to retailer (no middlemen). Customer service is a joke, sounds like I was lucky enough to speak to a service rep back in December based on the reviews here. Will demand refund and I will see how log it will take to get my money back.

12/31/13

We bought gas gift card from this website. They took back the rebate after we paid. will never ever buy anything from them.

12/29/13

Site is terribly overpriced, very rare to find a "good deal".
Gimmicky rewards are a poor attempt to attain new customers.
Selection is horrendous.
Extremely slow customer service response.
Take this site down!

12/27/13

Put in an order on Nov 4th. I got my order 2 weeks later but not even what I ordered! Calling the support number never gets a human on the phone. Even emails respond by robot saying they are just too busy. Finally got an email from a "human" , basically saying they are really busy! Wow great customer service. It is now Dec 27th and still have no refund or correct product. Are these guys related to TeamBuy. Same type of experience! Stay away.

12/26/13

I saved so much money on this site. I basically got a PS4 with a game for $300 including tax. A Nexus 7 for 140 with tax and numerous ps4 titles for 24$. Be crazy not to use their site for deals

12/18/13

Wow I should of read reviews before ordering from here,you can't reach these people at all I ordered from them but I wanted to cancel my order, so hours hours after I finally get them but than they make a mistake! I had two items I wanted canceled they only refunded me for one of the items,now I have to try again to reach them again ! which won't be easy for sure,why have a live chat thing on their site when you can't even get someone on there either! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE never again buying from them. STAY CLEAR AWAY FROM THIS SITE I'M WARNING YOU SHOP ELSE WHERE!

12/18/13

I also use shop.ca to shop for my Christmas gifts and never received the items at all. I called them several times, exchanged emails to customer service reps and their CEO, and even sent them messages in FB to get their attention. I never got satisfactory reply from all of it so I filed a dispute to Paypal and they have resolved it in my favor. I will never shop at this site ever again, my first and last! This site doesn't even deserve a star (I just did to post this review).

12/18/13

Regarding the Shop.ca PayPal $25 offer... I kept a diary. I ordered two items on November 28.

I was already a shop.ca customer (but never ordered until now and a long time user of PayPal. I figured this would be a good chance to use the rewards gift card I had and get a xmas gift. My total was $77, and after using my rewards it came to $52. I did see the “Special Offer” text listed on the checkout process at shop.ca, but then I was charged the full amount through PayPal. I contacted shop.ca by email two days after my order. No reply, no automated acknowledgement either.

December 2.
Second time contacting Shop.ca, there was an automated receipt message, and a day later, another email with a complete copy paste of what was written on the PayPal offer page, and a suggestion to call PayPall on their toll free number.
I’ve opened a dispute with PayPal and am waiting for a reply. The way I see it, it’s false advertising if the discount isn’t applied automatically in the transaction details through PayPal.
Oddly enough, today I got an email from Shop.ca regarding their November sales and how some customers had bad experiences, and offering me a $10 gift certificate. Strangely enough, it went to my primary PayPal email and not to the email account I use for the site.

December 4
Received ONE of the ordered items. Seems the other one is being sent in a separate parcel. The invoice for the single item has nothing to do with the invoice processed on the site.
Further reply from shop.ca regarding the missing PayPal discount says: ”Unfortunately I do not have insight into your Paypal account. I suggest you give Paypal a call and they should be able to better assist you!.” This after I added transaction details to my email. Looks like the dispute within PayPal will need to be escalated to a claim.

December 5
Received second item. With a separate invoice, from a different shipping address too. Not sure what is going on with these invoices, they don't even have the same layout. Shop.ca customer service contacted 3 times, escalated dispute on PayPal to a claim. The refund still doesn't show on PayPal nor my credit card invoice.

December 18
PayPal resolved the claim and decided in my favor. They refunded me the entire amount of my purchase, which was a surprise, since I just expected the $25 refund.

Do not recommend using this site. The ordering process seems confusing (why two shipments, from different places, with different invoices that don't even show my discounts or total that was processed on the site?), the offer refund was forgotten and the customer service is seriously lacking. ANYONE can copy/paste text from a page. It takes a little more than that for online customer service, especially when people are having problems with your "false advertising" of a credit when they clearly have gone through all the right steps and met the requirements for said credit.

12/17/13

Terrible ... took one month for my son to get his order and then it was not what I had ordered . Several emails and phone calls on hold for ever . Save your money use amazon.ca instead.

12/13/13

ordered something on Nov 27...states "in stock, ships within 5 business days" 12 business days later still not shipped and the folks at shop.ca cant even tell me where it's shipping from! As it does not state on the website that it's coming from a third party (like they do on Amazon) we assumed it came from their own warehouse. It is very difficult to get hold of people and you tend to get 'stock answers' in my opinion. They are e-mailing the supplier and cant tell me why they are not picking up the phone to talk to them........avoid this company! Too bad as we like to support Canadian companies when we can.

12/13/13

I ordered 5 books for Christmas gifts and have been waiting for 3 weeks. The website says shipping it takes 3-7 business days. I've telephoned and can't get through, and have emailed with no response. Seems like a scam. Stay AWAY!! I am very disappointed that people do this type of thing. It's stealing!

12/13/13

I have waited over 5 weeks for a refund form this site, made a claim with PayPal, which has since escalated to a dispute. No response from the vendor. I am counting on PayPal to sort this one out, because this business is not reliable. Zero customer service at a phone number that rings into a void before connecting to voicemail, where you have the opportunity to leave a message asking for a callback that will never come. Give this site a miss.

TERRIBLE!!!
SAVE YOUR MONEY AND YOUR TIME!!!

This site is a complete scam!! I ordered a camera at 30%off (website sale) on September 5th... after 6 e-mails, i finally got a reply - "Sorry, but the item you ordered is out of stock" as if that does me any good when I wanted the camera for my daughter's birthday pictures...
so I thought, oh well, tough luck... I'll try again... the second camera i ordered was on October 12th - at full price of course! after a ridiculous amount of phone messages left - yes, they don't answer the customer service phone, and too many e-mails, i finally get a reply saying "sorry, but the item you ordered is out of stock..." oh but i shouldn't worry, they were going to credit my account $20 for the gift card I was using (a gift card that was worth $30!) so now they're stealing from me as well?

I have since called and e-mailed and e-mailed and called - this time both Laura and Roxane... STILL NO ANSWERS!!!

Honestly, I could have easily gone to Best Buy and grabbed a camera off the shelf in September and saved myself the trouble of dealing with such dishonest, disrespectful people...

please take my review as a warning directly from me to you...

12/12/13

Placed order Dec 1st. Sent an email Dec 11th asking when it would be shipped, received and email today saying it is out of stock. Funny thing is...it was still listed for sale Dec 11th. Disappeared after I sent my inquiring email. Christmas gifts gone and it's too late to order something else. Ho, ho, ho, thanks a lot Shop.ca.
Pretty $#*!ty service.

12/10/13

The website is hit or miss, leaning heavily on the miss. I've ordered 3 items, 2 of which actually arrived (one even had tracking information when it shipped!! Wow!)

The last (and final) order I made, the order was pending, showing "Shipping soon" for over a week. Then, without any word from them, they cancelled and refunded the order. I at least didn't have to fight to get my refund, but still, any site which suddenly cancels an order for an in stock item with no warning or explanation is not worth shopping at. You will find better deals elsewhere, so shop elsewhere, this site is just not worth the risk.

12/9/13

Shipped only 1 of 2 items, but claim both shipped together! No response to phone alls, facebooked them and got a callback, but still nothing has changed. No product, no refund. Sad. Gives other online companies a bad name. They deserve the BBB rank of F.

12/9/13

I have never seen a more dedicated staff working towards getting my shipment sent out. I actually felt like a customer and not a number being contacted by droids. I have conversations with them and I find that my experience improves from shipment to shipment. They're a year old and they're very diligent. I recommend shopping with them and having a dash of faith and patience. It will be worth it in the end.

12/6/13

I ordered steak knives.. they sent me butcher's knives.. worth alot more than the steak knives, but not what I ordered.

2 calls, 30 minutes on hold, and 2 emails later... still no replay.

Recommend you avoid this company. No service model or ability to deliver.

12/5/13

I have had the most difficult time getting anyone to contact me who works for this company. I found an article of clothing I wanted and went to add it to my cart. The site won't actually let me do this as it won't let me modify the size and says I can't add it using the current size. I emailed their support address and received an automatic reply that they would get back to me and strive for great service. I haven't heard a thing. I've emailed twice since then. I've contacted them on twitter. I've messaged them on facebook. I don'd think they know what 'service' means. Don't waste your time on their site because they don't care if you have problems. I wish I could give negative stars.

12/4/13

I recently ordered a package of dog treats through them. When I received that treats, they were packaged in a small, squished envelope. When I opened it, sure enough, the dog treats were completely crushed to DUST! Why they were not wrapped in bubble wrap, I will never understand. Now people are telling me that it is not shop.ca fault and that I have to contact the supplier. That is ridiculous! Shop.ca should be held responsible because they were who I went through to purchase the treats. Why should I have to hunt down the supplier when I never went through them personally?

12/4/13

To be honest, I ordered my items prior to reading the reviews. I started to panic after reading some of the reviews and considered cancelling. However, I ordered on Monday evening and my ordered arrived via UPS at my door by Wednesday afternoon. So, very happy with the service, the pricing and the goods! Thanks!

12/4/13

Don't deal with this website! Their advertising is false. They state that item would ship within 6 business days. It has been11 days since I placed the order and the order has not been sent for processing at this time, so I have requested a cancellation of the order and a full refund. We will see how long it takes to get it done. I pointed out the false claims and discrepancies in what their telephone rep was telling me. Never again will I use shop.ca!

12/3/13

Order something from them and they put the address wrongly. I only noticed it when i checked the tracking and told to the post office. And nobody follow up on shop.ca and it is already charged. Wasted a lot of time wrote them email but nobody follow up or answer. It is the worst online shoppin experience i had so far. I tried call and email. Nothing works and nobody follow. I feel fratrastured and lost money. Please be careful with this company. I know it is cheaper but no service at all.

11/29/13

My bad, but I was checking out prcing on an item using the PayPal discount and I guess I clicked a little too far. Before I knew it I had accidentally purchased the item (I've done plenty of online shopping in the past and this has never happened). Within minutes I had sent an email to their customer service department to cancell my order. I also tried calling their customer service but all calls go to an answering machine. Upon reading their cancellation policy it seems as though they'd rather send you the item and hope you keep it rather than cancell your order. Its been a week now and the only response I've had from Shop.ca is an "Ooops, sorry we haven't replied yet" email. I am now begining an escallation through PayPal. Any other site will give you an option of cancelling your order if done in a timely matter. Even Deal Extreme out of Hong Kong/China has better/faster customer service. I'm now just hoping I see my $250 again.

11/27/13

This company is the worst, trying since two month to get money back for a returned defect tablet. Never again, stay away from this Canadian online company. I'll stay for the future with the US companies, they are reliable have very good customer service and are quick. Shop.ca want to become number 1 in Canada, they are just a joke and should be removed from the net.

11/26/13

I recently received a shop.ca card in the mail and decided to check them out with the Better Business Bureau. The BBB gives them an "F" rating based on the issues with the following: Advertising/Sales; Billing/Collection; Delivery; Guarantee/Warranty; Products/Service and Failure to Respond to Customer Complaints.

Best to stay away from this one.

11/26/13

I learned too late that this company has an F rating from the Better Business Bureau. We ordered 2 chairs, the order turned out to be fulfilled by The Brick. One chair was defective, and they were a different colour than pictured on the web site. The company has responded to none of my e-mails. Wish I had done my research before.

11/23/13

I ordered a Hipstreet ipod station. It arrived with one of the speakers defective. Two weeks later, I'm still trying to return this item. They don't return calls and they don't reply to emails. They just ignore the queries or say they are overwhelmed with orders. I'm beginning to think that I've thrown $80.00 into the garbage can. Never deal with this bunch of crooks!

11/23/13

Not a god place to buy anything. I bought headphone. On the page it shows 365 days return policy for that product.
I didn't liked the product and asked to return them they informed me that headphones are not returnable.
When I replied to them showing evidence that the page says 365 days return policy they never replied me. I sent couple of other e-mails no response.
Whenever you try to call customer care it will go to voicemail and no one will get back to you.

Think 100 times before you buy anything here.

11/22/13

Customer service was slow but it's probably just because of the extra business they have coming in. I'll use them again.

11/19/13

Saw the PayPal offer and decided to take a closer look. Ive done enough internet shopping to recognize a fishy site when I see one. So I decided to read some reviews to confirm or disconfirm my suspicions. So glad I did. This site hardly seems like a professional business and it has me concerned that is "backed" by PayPal
Buyers beware! Always do your research. :)

11/18/13

I Recieved both the paypal and shop.ca offers, so was contemplating trying this site. I found that the prices were not that great, but if applying the $50 credit (PayPal and Shop.ca) it could bring it down to be a pretty reasonable price.

I am glad that I came across these reviews though!! Think I'll pass for now, and continue with ebay and merchant sites, until I see some more positve feedback! :-)

Thanks to all for sharing your experiences.

11/16/13

fantastic! bought a carseat that rarely goes on sale, was able to apply the $50 paypal and shop.ca credit, plus was able to google a coupon code for an additional $10 off.
will use again!

11/13/13

I was lead to try out SHOP.ca by Paypal through an offer they had where they would give Paypal users $25 off $100 if you use Paypal to pay for your order. SHOP.ca also had an offer of their own where when you signed up as a new customer you would get $25 credit for shopping on their site. So in essence, I was supposed to get a $50 credit, and while it was confusing seeing if I did get $50 ($25 off was displayed on the order itself, and the other $25 was hidden in the Paypal payment) in the end I did get $50 off my order. 2 days later, I'm informed that everything in my order shipped, except for one item that coincidentally was worth $26.99. They cancelled this item, and refunded less than what I was supposed to get back for it ($22.37), dumped the remainder into SHOP.CA credits ($5.49...like wtf?). Paypal then does a "special offer reversal", so I don't even get a real refund, the offer from Paypal just disappears.

Definitely will not be buying something else from this store. I might MAYBE just get something to get my "credits" back, but even that I am very hesitant to do because of all this convoluted mess. Am more tempted to just abandon my $5 of credit in the account. Very dishonest and underhanded practice of taking away initial incentive to buy from store! Rather disappointing as I was excited about the prospect of a Canadian online store that might've been semi comparable to Amazon. (It really isn't so far) Buyers beware.

I have sent an email to them, and am willing to change this review if I do get the items I had originally ordered along with all the promotional credit, but I sort of doubt that's going to happen.

11/13/13

I wish I had checked out the reviews before ordering. One of my items was cancelled the day after I ordered so the paypal refund was disallowed. I tried to cancel the rest of my order twice and was told it was cancelled. Nope! Now, I have to waste my time to return the package and wait for a refund. Do NOT use this company.

11/13/13

Ordered two games on the 10th of November. They are usually $60 each PLUS tax and I got them for $75 with tax and shipping included. They arrived at my house on November 13th. Couldn't be happier.

11/12/13

I received the PayPal email as well re 50$ credit on a purchase of 100$ or more. I tried placing an order and it wasn't very clear when how how the credits are to be applied. I got 25 from Show.ca but the other 25 I couldn't figure out. so I backed out of the order and tried again. It still didn't add the second $25 credit so I back out again and then found something that explains the 25$ from Airmiles gets applied After. So I placed the oder again three times to have shop.ca reject and cancel them due to lack of stocl. I thought it was me so I kept trying - I do think they have an issue on stock accuracy that is causing part of the problem. I deleted one item that was in stock and then all of a sudden wasn't in stock and voila... the order appears to have gone through. Both credits were eventually received and I got my 120$ purchase for 70$. I doubt I will be back. It is hard to excuse such a poor webside and confusion service in this day. It is far easier to shop on Best Buy.

About Shop.ca