US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

erikay

Used SeatGeek to purchase tickets to an NFL game this weekend. (in 28 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

michaelj90
2/19/15

I clicked on 2 "Row 4" seats for a Golden State Warriors game, but "Row 4" became Row 15 in the purchase. Not sure when the switch happened ... but I won't do business with them again.

williamn20
2/12/15

SeatGeek is just a ticket aggregator……Guilty by association as I see it.Would love to grab some offered tickets on SeatGeeks site,but can not chance a let down before or on the day of the concert.Why be an aggregator of such that choose to disrespect the work that goes into earning the money we pay,inflated at that,to see a artist

toddk15
2/10/15

If you like spending thousands of dollars while assuming the company on the other end (Seat Geek) would hold up their end of the purchase for the tickets you had just bought, and enjoy being told 2-days before your event they no longer have them available, THIS SITE IS FOR YOU... However, I had a absolute horrible experience when trying to purchase Super Bowl Tickets. Sure the prices were lower than the other sites, but it really is a "too good to be true" site. They will gladly collect your money with full intention of finding a higher buyer for your seats. This allows them to give you a 125% refund, but they are still making their money by selling your tickets for much more. There's no integrity with this site and they crush people's dreams by telling them 2-days before the Super Bowl that "they no longer had our tickets". Based on how much they advertise on the radio, I thought they were legit, but would NEVER trust this site again.

jont28
1/30/15

A scummy company. Will take their cut of the price of the tickets, but will do nothing to make sure you get your tickets.

shanag3
1/30/15

As you can tell from the one star reviews and subsequent replies from Seat Geek, this site only collects ticket information from the many resellers out there. Unfortunately, this lends credibility to the many scammers by lumping them in with the reputable dealers. You assume there is some screening process done by Seat Geek, but that doesn't seem to happen. I purchased a Super Bowl ticket only to have the dealer contact me to tell me there was an error and were refunding my money. This tied up my credit line for a few days and could have held up my subsequent purchase from StubHub. I was lucky, the refund did come through and I was notified by RazorGator in time to purchase another ticket. Seat Geek should track the dealers' performance and exclude those that are not providing a basic level of customer service. If Seat Geek becomes the goto place to find tickets, they should be able to insist on performance by the resellers they include on their site. I will continue to use them to scout tickets, but will probably only buy from resellers I am familiar with.

tommyd19
1/29/15

SeatGeek's broker, Ultimate Event Tickets, cancelled our Super Bowl ticket purchase. We are promised a refund, but it has ruined a dream vacation. We also have thousands of dollars in non-refundable costs since it is Super Bowl weekend. It sounds like Stub Hub only sells Super Bowl tickets that are in hand. I would never use a broker site like SeatGeek that doesn't have tickets in hand. Just go with Stub Hub for the important events.

Can I give ZERO starts to SeatGeek?

krisk22
1/4/15

If I could give 0 stars, I would. Bought playoff tickets through this site that turned out to be duplicated. We were denied admission to the game and are out $500. We're disputing the charge now...but shouldn't have to.

johnw259
1/2/15

Terrible service. We made the mistake of buying Rose Bowl tickets from them. Ordered and paid on 12/13 and then waited for the tickets. The tracking service provided had a shipping number but queries showed that the number had not been used for an actual shipment. As of 12/29 at noon, the day before we were leaving to travel to the game, they still had not shipped. Only by exceptional service from FedEx and a reroute that we organized and paid for were we able to get the tickets to our hotel in California.

cecim
12/30/14

Don't use SeatGeek! Spent $500 on hockey tickets that I bought as a Christmas gift for my family. 5 out of 8 tickets didn't work. Showed that they were already scanned and used. Customer service was no help. Shady people making a buck and Seat Geek is the store front. DONT TRUST. DONT USE! NOT WORTH IT!

rh412
12/24/14

The good reviews listed above are coming from people whom work at "seat geek"
Don't let any of them fool you, this website is fraudulent, and it would be a shame to see anyone else loose their money. DONT USE IT.
This Website and all of its entities working with, are under investigation currently here at the police department. Everyone Have a Merry Christmas, and Be Safe!

Sincerely,
Lt. Detective Hatchell

richards117
12/22/14

very disappointed and felt deceived by the way the their website post the seating arrangements. Now, I am stuck trying to resolve the problem between SeatGeek an 3rd party ticket broker. I am willing to pay more for a better ticket that I was made to believe I was getting but unable to contact anyone at SeatGeek.

kevind43
12/18/14

DON'T use them, Cher cancelled and I can't get a refund. 6 times the have not returned an Email.. giving them 1 star is to high...Buyer beware I made a BIG mistake

Stub hub refunded money in 24 hrs

sallief
12/14/14

I bought Chicago Blackhawks tickets from SeatGeek for the first time yesterday after a friend recommended it. I was a little skeptical purchasing tickets from my phone but really liked the app and it was a quick and painless process to purchase tickets. Got the confirmation within seconds and the e-tickets were available shortly thereafter. Did not even take an hour to have everything processed for me! Love it! I'm excited to go to my game now!

mikea63
11/4/14

Beware!!! I got the tickets as advertised, but the next day there were fraudulent charges on my card. I have never had card number stollen till using SeatGeek. Stick with StubHub it's worth the extra money not to get your card stollen.

dallasw6
9/30/14

The rating system for SeatGeek is completely bogus. The logarithms used to created them are faulty and not credible, in my direct and personal experience. Where I know the stadium and seating experience, SeatGeek gives higher color ratings to directly comparable, poorer seats that are selling for less than the seats they rate as a "better buy". Advice, go to StubHub or Ticketmaster and do you work there. Forget about this system because it is unreliable.

erikay
9/22/14

Used SeatGeek to purchase tickets to an NFL game this weekend. I was skeptical at first, since I saw negative reviews, but I'm glad I used them. Much better seats for a much better price than I found on StubHub. Received my tickets via email within the hour. Also really liked the way the site/app was set up so I could find the best seats in the price range I wanted. Will use them again.

lisad56
9/15/14

Don't use this site!! Stubhub is the only way to go. It's worth a couple extra bucks to actually get IN to the event you paid $300 for! I received two invalid tickets and were turned away at the door and had to buy two more to get in and sit a level higher than we wanted to! Seatgeek does not check out their sellers the way they are supposed to. They let Ticket Network sell tickets through them, and they are legit SCAMMERS. never again. I want my money back for the invalid tickets AND the ones we had to buy last minute... i'll see if they comply.

paulh105
8/13/14

I find Stub Hub a better choice. You always know what you getting and they deliver what you ordered. My comments on Seat Geek - Buyer Beware

My experience is as follows:
I saw on Seat Geek Section: 31 Row: AAAA with a big Green Dot meaning “Great Deal”
What I thought I was ordering from TNDirect was Section: 31 Row: 4A
What I actually ordered - Section: 31 Row: 4A-5Q ( even the TNDirect phone agent had to ask her manager what this meant)
What I received is Section: 31 Row: 4L ( clearly not deserving of a big Green Dot)

Maybe I was naive but In my view this is a deception. I feel the site, the seat rating, and the shell game of moving a client from one expectation to something else is not honest brokering.

My advice... Buyer Beware or simply use StubHub. They are honest brokers

drewb17
8/3/14

I was extremely skeptical of SeatGeek along with the Reseller Ticket Network Direct or TNDirect (including another subsidiary called Ticket Galaxy).

I was wrong-- the service was amazing. I ordered 2 VIP tickets for a show, and Ticket Galaxy was all over it. They reached out to the venue to setup the Will Call without problems.

I did run into an issue where our parking pass was not included at Will Call, however Ticket Galaxy immediately provided a refund for the cost of the parking.

I will absolutely use SeatGeek and TNDirect again in the future.

Drew

njt
7/29/14

I purchased tickets from Seat Geek. The name of the ticket seller was listed as Ticket Network. I got an email from Ticket Network saying that the ticket seller was not them but some company called Song Entertainment. Okay, that was new information.

Then I noticed that my credit card was charged two times. Later in the day I get an email from Song Entertainment informing me that I needed to provide them with my address as it could not be verified as correct for my credit card. Okay.

In the email, Song Entertainment provides me with two phone numbers and an email. They want me to provide my updated address via email or by calling. Okay, so I called the first number listed, and it's a voicemail. The voicemail runs all hours of the day and night. No one answers. They want you to leave your information on the voicemail.

I call the other number provided, and it rings and rings. No one ever answers.

Then I check the URL of the email they sent to attempt to go to the website. The website is parked on a Godaddy page. It is non-existent.

When I inform Seat Geek that the seller does't seem to be in business, they refer me to Ticket Network. Ticket Network says they can never get their own ticket seller on the phone either, but they assure me that Songs Entertainment is a big time ticket seller and that they do business with them all of the time.

The Ticket Network rep tells me that I should email Song Entertainment. They claim that Song Entertainment replies to emails fast. Really? I sent them three and have yet to get a reply.

So, I spent 150.00 on tickets and I can't reach the person that sold them to me. Seat Geek, the aggregator can't reach them, and neither can Ticket Network, which is also a ticket aggregator. But they want me to be confident that while no one can actually reach Song Entertainment, everything is on the up and up and all I need to do is email.

I couldn't even reach Ticket Network initially because the link in their email to their own website was a dead link.

I'd say Seat Geek should do a better job. If I wanted to buy tickets from Vinny on the street, then I would have to put up with this unprofessionalism. But I bought tickets from what I believed was a valid company.

I still have not heard anything from Song Entertainment aka Song Entertainment P3. Left them a voicemail and called multiple times.

jamiem39
7/22/14

Absolutely terrible!!! NEVER USE THIS SITE. If I could give negative reviews, I would. I bought tickets to a huge game for around $200 and almost a WEEK later they inform me because of some technical error, the tickets aren't available. This technical error = trying to make money off a higher buyer.

bonnieu1
7/20/14

Disappointed. I never received a confirmation and I checked stubhub and the same tickets were $10 less each. I bought 4 so that's a $40 profit for Seat Geek.

jayd129
6/11/14

I wish I would have found this site before I used Seatgeek. Seatgeek has problems with their software mapping direct seat locations. This is why you hear of so many complaints from people not getting the seats they purchased.

Here is a quote from Bryce at RazorGator "SeatGeek is in charge of mapping the tickets accordingly to match the listing from our site. As you have stated, we did not specify on the listing whether these would be left, right, or center. This issue is with SeatGeek and how they mapped our tickets on their site.We do not control what section they map the tickets to. If the tickets were mapped in the center then that was a misrepresentation by SeatGeek."

Also, I sent more than one emails to Seatgeek but never received a response.

sallyf8
5/17/14

Used seatgeek to purchase tix for a Nationals game today. Love the site, great experience!

johng136
4/19/14

Very bad experience with the final four-tickets ended up not being the tickets I paid for-Seat Geek was no help in correcting the problem-keep pushing the problem to the supplier-Stubhub forever

sandiggityh
2/26/14

Found tickets for Washington wizards game the day of. Saw the same tickets on stub hub for$15 more. Purchased tickets at 3pm. Started calling and texting seller at 5:30pm. My order was canceled and seller said he only had one ticket and not the three he listed. I'm sure he sold the two for more money.

johnp145
2/14/14

Outstanding experience buying Super Bowl tickets on SeatGeek. The interactive maps were easy to use and their deal score functionality made it simple, and when I wanted to buy my tickets they made available a phone number where I could call in an talk to a real person to complete the deal. Awesome seats in Section 204 at Met Life to see my Hawks win it all!

nickw29
2/13/14

Ordered tickets for final yankee game as its jeters final game; broker must of seen price spike it game ticket prices; cancelled my order.

scottl40
10/5/13

waste of time to buy from these geeks. I tried to buy John Mayer tickets from them and they sell the tickets through another website "uberseats". Their promise is tickets delivered in 1 business day. Never received the tickets or answers to my emails and I tried for 3 days. I would never try them again.

maretm
9/12/13

Never again. We paid $80 for Dodgers tickets and drove through LA traffic on my friend's birthday to find out that our tickets didn't scan through. The ticket office told us that multiple people had come to them with the same name. We were out $20 for parking, $80 for tickets and wasted a night, missed the big game, and ruined the birthday. They do not have good security against fraud. Stick with stubhub.

matth1047
7/30/13

This website is HORRIBLE! I put in an order and they did not confirm it. so i talked to the company the day of the event and they said that the order was cancelled. NEVER USE THIS SITE!!!!

natalief4
7/1/13

Ordered tickets to a basketball game, incredible seats for an incredible price. Not only did i find seats no other website had available but i also saved about $100.

sf15
6/18/13

Sold bogus tickets.. Called company too get refund and only got answering machine, no call back and out $600. DO NOT USE... AWFUL

jakek4
5/6/12

Great Site! Cheaper prices then stubhub! PLEASE USE! all tickets easy to find and it compares the prices on many different reliable websites! they don't sell tickets, like someone earlier mentioned they are like a KAYAK for tickets.

use this site when looking for tickets!

jamesr25
10/26/11

I found tickets for the RedBulls game on here last week and the experience was AWESOME. Their site is beautiful and easy to use. I saved like $20 by purchasing the tickets on the secondary market also.

jamesl14
6/19/11

Great idea, poor execution. Basically a kayak.com for tickets in the secondary market. Unfortunately it doesn't really work - I tried to search for Book of Morman tickets and the search engine only showed 3 dates for the next month, whereas a quick check with stubhub shows there are secondary markets for all dates.