US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

erikay

Used SeatGeek to purchase tickets to an NFL game this weekend. (in 57 reviews)

brendaa24

I'm sure that price was because of the proximity of the concert dates and the seats had not been sold. (in 19 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

christinal53
1/31/16

I just posted a couple tickets and read all of these horrible reviews... I really hope this isn't true, but i'm calling my credit card company now and canceling the transaction. This insane. you people should be sued and put out of business for STEALING people's money!

richardp92
1/31/16

I have used StubHub for years with ZERO problems, and this is the first time I've used SeatGeek. I purchased a ticket for Motley Crue for a few hundred dollars and when I get to the entrance of the Staples Center arena I get turned away which was humiliating and the box office said it was a cancelled ticket due to TICKET FRAUD. This isn't a bs "ticket aggregator" thing either. The SeatGeek logo was next to the ticket listing and also appeared as "SeatGeek" on my account. How is this company even allowed to operate? I will NEVER use this scam company again. I'm yet another story in a very long line of people who've had an experience ruined. Never trust this company!!!!!

seans60
12/23/15

I purchased 2 Orlando Magic game tickets for Dec.23 at 7pm so my little brother could go to a game. It is 8:05pm on the same day and im writing this review because the tickets I purchased for $172.00 DID NOT work. We were directed to Guest services and they could do nothing for us since Seat Geek is a 3rd party. I am very sad and ashamed that in this day and age you are not able to get what you paid for. Anyone looking to buy tickets for anything, buy they from the venue directly. Never go through a site that does not deal with the venue directly or else you will end up like me at home and robbed.

juliej37
12/19/15

I was just shown to my seats, the last in the house. I'm baffled because I am 100%sure this section of the theatre was NOT in my search parameters and that I did NOT buy the cheapest seats available. So I can't quite understand how I ended up here. Shame on me for not triple checking but come on... I cannot believe I paid double for the last seats in the house next to a pole. What's worse is that I got this show as a gift for my companion- embarrassing! I can't help but think I got SCAMMED :/

patrickp36
12/19/15

I was completely swindled. I purchased 2 tickets for my 70 year old father and I to go see Bruce Springsteen (his longtime idol) as a big Christmas present for him. It was $200 / ticket was my absolute max price range I could afford.

Sometime later, right before Christmas, I received an email from the vendor (Razorgator) that they were not going to honor the purchase even though I had two confirmation emails (Tickets on the way, etc). When I checked to see if I could purchase new ones, ticket prices were 3x what they were before and out of what I could afford.

SeatGeek is responsible for vetting their vendors that offer tickets and making sure they honor their sales. To date I have not heard back from either Razorgator or SeakGeek on the matter. This just seems wrong to me.

mitchj4
12/15/15

I was hesitant at first to use SeatGeek, but after attending my game with no problems. I can't say enough good things about this site. I received my tickets via email almost instantly after my purchase. I also contacted their support team with some questions that I had because it was my first time using their site. Their team was very helpful and reassured me that my tickets were legit and I wouldn't have any problems and on the off chance that there was a problem they would be happy to fix the problem. I also had my tickets on my phone via their app which I used at the gate because the game I went to it was raining all day and I when i pull the tickets out of my pocket to get scanned at the gate they were too wet to scan so I just opened up the app and used the in app tickets to get into the stadium. Smooth process all around. I will definitely be using SeatGeek whenever I plan searching for tickets again.

tomt66
12/3/15

Last Saturday my son and I bought tickets to the ACC football championship game immediately after UNC won their game. We paid for the tickets on line and received a confirmation number from seat geek. Cost = $166 each. The following Monday, we got an email that the tickets were not available and my credit card was being credited. Today, the same seats are selling for $525 each. I will never use them again and will tell anyone who will listen about how were shafted.

jamesn74
11/30/15

I am a frequent customer with Stubhub and decided to try seatgeek. Keep in mind that Seatgeek is only a platform to connect you with another seller / website.

I visited their website yesterday which led me to Razorgator and purchased two tickets to the Los Angeles Lakers against the Utah Jazz on April 13, 2015 (Section 6 row 2) this game happens to be Kobe Bryant's last game. At the time I was charged $1,000 with a transfer fee of $100. Several hours later I received an email saying that due to high demands these tickets were no longer available. My girlfriend and I frantically rushed to the computer to see if we could find replacement tickets but by this time most of the tickets have been purchased and prices have been inflated to the current market value (double or triple the price). Since this was after hours several calls to Razorgator and Seatgeek were not answered.

I called Razorgator today and they said that by the time I bought these tickets they had been already sold an hour prior but their system did not "refresh". The explanation I received was not clear. The agent stated that this happens all the time and empathized that he would be really upset also. He did offer me a deal for the $1,000 I had spent he could give me replacements tickets at the current "market value" which is in the 300 section row 29. My current seats that I had bought are now around $1,500 a ticket which is an additional $1,000 a ticket out of pocket. I believe if I was told in a timely matter I could have found similar tickets for around the same price. I do not believe that Razorgator did everything in their power to help me out.

I emailed Seatgeek and they responded showeing some remorse but did nothing to help me find tickets.

"Ultimately, we hope to create a better system where this does not happen."

It really does sound like I became victim of their trial and error. That's nice for the future to fix your system, but how about right now? How are you going to fix this for me? Fix this for your current customers?

From researching about Razorgator and Seatgeek both take pride in being a trusted source of providing authentic tickets, killer bargains and the best customer satisfaction by offering 100% guarantee. I find all these are untrue. I feel like I was robbed, treated unfairly, and justice was not served. I went to Seatgeek to help ensure that my ticket purchase is seamless but left without tickets and a terrible taste in my mouth. This is my first and last time purchasing from Seatgeek.

My tip if you want to purchase tickets would be to go to stubhub or directly though nba ticket exchange. With stubhub for any reason the tickets you purchased becomes unavailable like what had happened to me they will charge the seller the difference of what the market price is for the current seats.

Save yourself the trouble and don't go to a website that will link you to another site. Go to the direct source or learn your lesson the hard way like me.

Unhappy Customer,

-James Nguyen
jameswnguyen@yahoo.com

brendaa24
11/1/15

Bought ridiculously cheap tickets from this site for a Norah Jones concert. Found tickets 3 days before the event after being directed to the site by an acquaintance. Paid 1/3 of what the venue charged. I'm sure that price was because of the proximity of the concert dates and the seats had not been sold. Scored 3rd row center seats! Easy peasy process. I don't know what hassles the other reviewers experienced, but my experience was excellent!

diannam6
10/27/15

I want to give SeatGeek and opportunity to respond, but it appears the mark-up for tickets I purchased was huge! I ordered 4 tickets for Disney's Frozen on Ice for $71 each. This was less than the prices quoted by the venue and Ticket Master. I received the tickets a few days later. The face value of the tickets was $50 each but the fee I was charged was $384.15. When I called the venue about the discrepancy I was told that the value of the ticket is what appears on the ticket and they have no relationship with the third party through whom I order tickets. I did not see any evidence of hidden prices, etc on their website prior to purchasing my tickets. Lesson learned: buyer beware! (I gave them 1 star because the tickets arrived in a timely fashion. Otherwise, I feel victimized on the pricing). If I am wrong, I will gladly write another review exonerating them.

jennyc42
10/21/15

We used this site to purchase concert tickets. The floor plan didn't show where the stage was. It just had a box in the middle. Every other site we viewed had behind the stage on the left side. We thought it was the same here. WRONG! So we spent money on tickets behind the stage. As soon as we looked at the seating chart on another site we realized the error. We immediately contacted SeatGeek and received no help at all. I understand a no refund policy. However, your site is misleading. I only wish I would have read through all of the negative reviews before making the purchase.

jonathang36
10/18/15

After giving my name, credit card info and address I could not complete my $2300.00 ticket purchase. I called the 800 number as requested. They requested a scan of my drivers license. I requested they go out of business.

daniellec42
10/11/15

I am actually very nervous because I just bought two tickets from them before reading reviews. I had an iffy feeling when my email took a while to send me the tickets so I hopped on here and I'm extremely scared of what is going to happen tonight. I have my tickets printed out but I've heard of a lot of experiences with duplicate tickets where the seller will enter first and of course since mine would be the duplicate I could not enter. So I will hope for the best and post an update review about my experience.

kellya46
10/8/15

A huge thank you to everyone who has wrote a review. I will not be purchasing tickets through here for my husbands birthday. I am very happy I read reviews before going ahead and purchasing. It really sucks that this company does business this way.

janets46
10/3/15

I attempted to purchase tickets for Remembering Pavarotti at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion. They were $220 each and I got four tickets. I couldn't find the confirmation email since it was sent under the name of UberSeats. When I finally found the email and opened it, the tickets were for the wrong event, wrong day, wrong time and the tickets they sent me were for an event that had taken place earlier that evening. They will not refund my credit card for the $880 charge for the wrong tickets that were never used.

delmah
9/28/15

Bought Dallas Cowboy tickets and received in the mail. On game day, the bar code on the ticket wouldn't scan at the entry. They allowed us to go in and escorted us to ticket disputes. We found out that the duplicate tickets were scan already by another couple and they were in our seats. The original owner had sold the tickets twice. Once on seatgeek and then on NFL resale tickets website. We had the original tickets where the other people had printed Ticketmaster tickets for the same seats. We were told that the original ticket holder had sold them on the NFL resale website as well and that the tickets purchased on the NFL resale site took precedence over any other third party ticket resaler. So they got the seats and we were left without tickets after purchasing them from seatgeek for $700. Now we are trying to get seatgeek to refund us the money which they won't do until they can get their money from the original ticket owner. Note that we bought round trip airline tickets and hotel expensive to travel to Dallas for the game that didn't happen. Don't buy tickets from Geekseats ever again!

brianm142
8/29/15

They charged me immediately for Rangers Orioles tickets tomorrow. They send an email to log on, but no tickets!

Game is tomorrow and I am out $150 for my son's birthday present.

I would go to stub hub but only had that $150 set aside for his present. A special place in hell awaits this group

karrahj
8/20/15

I bought tickets for a small concert on SeatGeek, they were average to Ticketmaster's selling, but check because sometime Ticketmaster is less when fees are not included. I purchased two tickets from Ticket Network, and they got me in the concert and no one was claiming our seats besides us. I do not recommend SeatGeek because I prayed a lot before the event, but heard a lot of negative reviews about UberSeat. I do not trust SeatGeek but if I had to, would buy from Ticket Network again.

elizabethc83
8/8/15

Misleading pricing I will be reporting to the better business bureau. The person who dropped my tickets off sent very unprofessional text go me when I requested a refund for the misleading information about the tickets and time frame of delivery. I would recommend theses people to anyone its nothing but a scam.

jamesm287
7/23/15

Bought 2 tickets on Seatgeek via uber tickets they where Etickets so I was a little worried but all went well.

leilac
7/16/15

I recently bought tickets to a concert. I did not realize that I could get them at face value on the concert site website. SeatGeek claims that they have the best deals and I like the idea of consolidating all of my ticket purchases on one site. Their advertising is false however, as they are legalized scalpers even when less expensive tickets are available. I find this despicable!

joannea6
6/14/15

On Friday June12th I did an online search for Prince tickets for the 8pm show on June 14th at The Warner Theatre, in DC . We selected and paid for 2 tickets for the 8pm show in seats located in the mid-balcony using Ticket City via Seat Geek. At the time of placing the order they just gave a confirmation code and no other details confirming the seats or performance time. We received the 2 tickets 12hrs later for seats located in the orchestra section and for the 11pm show. We called Ticket City to query the mixup and they blamed Seat Geek saying that seat geek were selling tickets for the 11pm show under the guise of the 8pm show. The ticket agent admitted that many other customers had the same problem/complaint. Even though my credit card statement clearly states that I bought the tickets from Ticket City, they are refusing to give a refund for the tickets saying they held up their end of the deal in providing the tickets. Ticket City suggested we contact seat geek saying they were the ones responsible for the ticket/seat mix up. Ticket City refuse to take any responsibility claiming they are a reputable company. Seat Geek do not have a direct telephone contact number and online reviews claim Seat Geek to be fraudsters. We have emailed seat geek and have not yet had a response. My advice is to never use Ticket City OR seat geek. I am now stuck with 2 tickets (that I paid $578 for) to a 11pm show that I did not want to go to. I wanted tickets for the 8pm show.

nickl44
6/13/15

I purchase tickets through Uberseat via SeatGeek for a concert at Merriweather post. They seemed a great deal, but hey, sometimes you can get lucky. They were e-tickets, for which they say they will be delivered at least a day or two before the event - which had me worried. So I followed up with them and they assured me that I would get them ahead of the event. I also wanted them to confirm that I was in the proper section - they had mapped the seats to GA - floor (next to stage), but there was also a GA - lawn section much further away. The first response i received was only "they are GA". I asked a second time and they finally admitted they were GA lawn. They had listed 90 tickets as GA - floor... whoops. Thankfully I had followed up early.

They were responsive, but their compensation for my trouble was pathetic. Either they are incompetent enough that they cannot list things accurately, or they are willfully baiting and switching. Avoid this service.

bruced19
5/25/15

The instructors, lessons and business ethics are great! Golf is one game you can play or try to play, for a long time (50 years in my case). I had a mid-level membership with RevolutionGolf.com ($57/year). This year, I had a total hip replacement and can not benefit from lessons, so asked if I could have a refund of this years annual subscription. AdamR after a few minutes, issued me a refund!. It is great that there are still some companies that have: "Good Heart".

Tip for consumers: Beware of their false claim of 100% guarantee. Both Seat Geek and their
re-seller Ticket Zoom did not sell at market value.

bruced18
5/15/15

No customer service phone number. Charged tickets never go tickets said sold. Terrible service

yesy
5/8/15

I bought seats and then recieved a message that they were already sold. So we bought different ones and again, same message. My credit card has been charged twice but no tickets! Then I decided to read blogs about them. Man, wish I did that before I bought tickets because it appears no one gets their tickets fromt his company. Shame!

isaacs24
5/5/15

Apparently my ticket transaction didn't go through but they held my money for 4 days!

marieh38
5/4/15

You cannot find out anything about status of your tickets or if your credit card has been charged. No phone # to call. I have purchased many tickets from other sites without any problem. They can't even answer my email in a timely manner. Stock email saying we will get back to you. The game I purchased is tomorrow. How long do I wait!!
NEVER USE SEATGEEK!!

billc84
5/1/15

Their Listings are misleading if you do not read them carefully. If you find one and leave it, and try to return to it, you may get a separate seat listing. Attempt to merely exchange was greeted with long phone wait and garbage line that it was already accepted, and they could not merely exchange it.

annes38
4/28/15

I received my tickets with no problem and liked having such a wide choice for the concert. Great seats too!
Went to the concert! Second row, no problem!

anynomusa
4/25/15

I went to purchase three tickets for tomorrow nights Yankee Nets game and entered all my credit card information. I received an email staring that I would receive a conformation email shortly. Several moments later I received an email stating the tickets were no longer available and that they had been sold. I called customer service to inquire and was again told the tickets were sold already. Keep in mind I already payed for them and I had recieved conformation about them. Ten minutes later I went onto StubHub and bought the same three tickets. Go home Seat Geek! I would never recommend you to anyone.

sherriw9
4/24/15

I bought tickets for the Cavs game May 4th and I was told at check is get a confirmation email, have yet to receive a confirmation email or a receipt or the tickets (surprise, surprise). I have tried to email them a few times now to see what the deal is, and where the tickets are, but clearly they only care about getting back to people on here to save their name. But for real seatgeek if you could get back at me that'd be nice.

dank50
4/17/15

my wife and purchased 2 baseball tickets and to no suprise the money is gone from my account but no e -tickets!!!! cant get ahold of anyone either... im pissed, and will never recommend this company for a darn thing...

drewz1
4/14/15

I bought tickets and they canceled the order the day of the event and never sent them. They'll pass the buck and say it's not their fault, it's the fault of ticket broker, but come on, Stubhub doesn't let you down.

shannenw
4/1/15

I have not heard about SeatGeek until today when I posted about Meghan Trainor being a free concert at the NYS Fair this summer and a friend of mine told me I was wrong and that SeatGeek said Meghan was supposed to be in the Grand Stand. I explained to my friend that I had gotten this information from the Fair's website and that I would look into the SeatGeek issue. And sure enough, when I searched Meghan Trainor on SeatGeek, concert tickets for the NYS Fair on September 3rd popped up. This is outrageous. SeatGeek is allowing "third party distributors" to SCAM unsuspecting patrons for HUNDREDS of dollars FOR FAKE TICKETS THAT DO NOT EXIST. I immediately contacted SeatGeek via the "contact us" link and told them about the issue, but I am leaving this review so that people can see that SeatGeek is 100% reliable for any and all scams that happen during use of their website by not regulating postings. A true, reliable site would look into concert dates and make sure that the tickets at least had a chance of being real before allowing fraudulent transactions to take place. If I could give a zero star rating, I would. This is absolutely disgusting and I hope this website gets shut down, or the owner/operator starts actually caring about the customers and buyers. Because running a $#*!ty website that scams people can only last so long until people stop visiting the site altogether.

michaelj90
2/19/15

I clicked on 2 "Row 4" seats for a Golden State Warriors game, but "Row 4" became Row 15 in the purchase. Not sure when the switch happened ... but I won't do business with them again.

williamn20
2/12/15

SeatGeek is just a ticket aggregator……Guilty by association as I see it.Would love to grab some offered tickets on SeatGeeks site,but can not chance a let down before or on the day of the concert.Why be an aggregator of such that choose to disrespect the work that goes into earning the money we pay,inflated at that,to see a artist

toddk15
2/10/15

If you like spending thousands of dollars while assuming the company on the other end (Seat Geek) would hold up their end of the purchase for the tickets you had just bought, and enjoy being told 2-days before your event they no longer have them available, THIS SITE IS FOR YOU... However, I had a absolute horrible experience when trying to purchase Super Bowl Tickets. Sure the prices were lower than the other sites, but it really is a "too good to be true" site. They will gladly collect your money with full intention of finding a higher buyer for your seats. This allows them to give you a 125% refund, but they are still making their money by selling your tickets for much more. There's no integrity with this site and they crush people's dreams by telling them 2-days before the Super Bowl that "they no longer had our tickets". Based on how much they advertise on the radio, I thought they were legit, but would NEVER trust this site again.

jont28
1/30/15

If you read all the negative reviews, Seat Geek's company line is that all they are is a "seat aggregator", they don't have the tickets. So their apologies amount to absolutely nothing. As far as I'm concerned, Seat Geek should be banned from doing business due to being an unreliable middle man.

shanag3
1/30/15

As you can tell from the one star reviews and subsequent replies from Seat Geek, this site only collects ticket information from the many resellers out there. Unfortunately, this lends credibility to the many scammers by lumping them in with the reputable dealers. You assume there is some screening process done by Seat Geek, but that doesn't seem to happen. I purchased a Super Bowl ticket only to have the dealer contact me to tell me there was an error and were refunding my money. This tied up my credit line for a few days and could have held up my subsequent purchase from StubHub. I was lucky, the refund did come through and I was notified by RazorGator in time to purchase another ticket. Seat Geek should track the dealers' performance and exclude those that are not providing a basic level of customer service. If Seat Geek becomes the goto place to find tickets, they should be able to insist on performance by the resellers they include on their site. I will continue to use them to scout tickets, but will probably only buy from resellers I am familiar with.

tommyd19
1/29/15

SeatGeek's broker, Ultimate Event Tickets, cancelled our Super Bowl ticket purchase. We are promised a refund, but it has ruined a dream vacation. We also have thousands of dollars in non-refundable costs since it is Super Bowl weekend. It sounds like Stub Hub only sells Super Bowl tickets that are in hand. I would never use a broker site like SeatGeek that doesn't have tickets in hand. Just go with Stub Hub for the important events.

Can I give ZERO starts to SeatGeek?

krisk22
1/4/15

If I could give 0 stars, I would. Bought playoff tickets through this site that turned out to be duplicated. We were denied admission to the game and are out $500. We're disputing the charge now...but shouldn't have to.

johnw259
1/2/15

Terrible service. We made the mistake of buying Rose Bowl tickets from them. Ordered and paid on 12/13 and then waited for the tickets. The tracking service provided had a shipping number but queries showed that the number had not been used for an actual shipment. As of 12/29 at noon, the day before we were leaving to travel to the game, they still had not shipped. Only by exceptional service from FedEx and a reroute that we organized and paid for were we able to get the tickets to our hotel in California.

cecim
12/30/14

Don't use SeatGeek! Spent $500 on hockey tickets that I bought as a Christmas gift for my family. 5 out of 8 tickets didn't work. Showed that they were already scanned and used. Customer service was no help. Shady people making a buck and Seat Geek is the store front. DONT TRUST. DONT USE! NOT WORTH IT!

rh412
12/24/14

The good reviews listed above are coming from people whom work at "seat geek"
Don't let any of them fool you, this website is fraudulent, and it would be a shame to see anyone else loose their money. DONT USE IT.
This Website and all of its entities working with, are under investigation currently here at the police department. Everyone Have a Merry Christmas, and Be Safe!

Sincerely,
Lt. Detective Hatchell

richards117
12/22/14

very disappointed and felt deceived by the way the their website post the seating arrangements. Now, I am stuck trying to resolve the problem between SeatGeek an 3rd party ticket broker. I am willing to pay more for a better ticket that I was made to believe I was getting but unable to contact anyone at SeatGeek.

kevind43
12/18/14

DON'T use them, Cher cancelled and I can't get a refund. 6 times the have not returned an Email.. giving them 1 star is to high...Buyer beware I made a BIG mistake

Stub hub refunded money in 24 hrs

sallief
12/14/14

I bought Chicago Blackhawks tickets from SeatGeek for the first time yesterday after a friend recommended it. I was a little skeptical purchasing tickets from my phone but really liked the app and it was a quick and painless process to purchase tickets. Got the confirmation within seconds and the e-tickets were available shortly thereafter. Did not even take an hour to have everything processed for me! Love it! I'm excited to go to my game now!

mikea63
11/4/14

Beware!!! I got the tickets as advertised, but the next day there were fraudulent charges on my card. I have never had card number stollen till using SeatGeek. Stick with StubHub it's worth the extra money not to get your card stollen.

dallasw6
9/30/14

The rating system for SeatGeek is completely bogus. The logarithms used to created them are faulty and not credible, in my direct and personal experience. Where I know the stadium and seating experience, SeatGeek gives higher color ratings to directly comparable, poorer seats that are selling for less than the seats they rate as a "better buy". Advice, go to StubHub or Ticketmaster and do you work there. Forget about this system because it is unreliable.

20 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the SeatGeek staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
1 week ago
Add your answer
12/14/15
Answer
tomt66
A: They have a number to call them. My son called and talked to them about our tickets. They were less than helpful. Try their website for the number. Good luck. These guys are worthless
12/15/15