US Government's NSF

PO Box 1550
Gaylord, MI 49734, US
Tel: 800-859-9878
Support@Scentmatchers.com

People interested in ScentMatchers are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jand36

Susan Johnson - customer service manager, was very professional. (in 19 reviews)

justh10

I placed an order for ready perfume and this is how it went. (in 68 reviews)

janea2

I just got my perfume Fendi and I am so pleasantly surprised to be able to enjoy my favorite perfume again. (in 47 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

pamelah22
8/23/15

I ordered 2 fragrances. One was spot on. The second was a bit off but they are doing everything possible to make it work. I could not be more pleased. This is an amazing company and I am looking forward to a long and satisfying relationship with them.

crystalf9
8/15/15

I ordered from them and the scent was not even similar at all to what I wanted. It smelled so disgusting that I had to throw it away. I offered to ship it back to them, but apparently even they could not handle the stink they put together. They tried to get me to keep it and kept giving me some bull about their money and time they put into it and about some charity crap. They kept this up for awhile back and forth thru emails and never said sorry or anything, just kept asking me to feel bad for them. I am the one who got ripped off, feel bad for me, not yourselves. You should feel like shameful scumbags, cause you are. I was so excited waiting for my perfume and cannot believe what I went through after. I requested a full refund numerous times, I told them I would ship back the bottle of stink. But they kept insisting I keep it and they would give me a partial refund then "donate" the rest of my refund to charity. It is all a BIG PATHETIC SCAM. Please BEWARE.

patm80
7/28/15

is named after me...PAT INTHE HAT
it is fabulous...be aware that the name will rub off if you are not very careful

nancyh59
7/21/15

Just got my bottle of CARNATION and it's WONDERFUL! Will order from them again!

karas9
7/20/15

I unfortunately read the reviews too late. I ordered a discontinued scent and just received it. It is what most customers say... It smells cheap and disgusting! It was not even close to the scent. Matter of fact am taking it to be analyzed. Do not ordered anything! I put scent on and I bagged and had to SCRUB it off! Please find another scent you like at a reputable place.. Now let's see how quickly a refund comes!!

ginnym2
7/14/15

i order an old favorite of mine. Love Fresh Lemon, that has been discontinued. They did a fantastic job. They even personalize my bottle! I smell fresh and clean and lemony!!

donnaa24
7/13/15

I asked scentmatchers to duplicate my favorite discontinued perfume - Ananya by the Body Shop. It was on their list so I assumed it wouldn't be a problem. They were very nice and professional to work with but the scent I received, although lovely, did not smell like Ananya. This is not just a mistake of memory but absolutely accurate as I still have some of the original Ananya left and the scent has not changed even as long as I have had it. The other problem is that the scentmatchers scent does not last more than about 10-15 minutes after you put it on,. I have had cheap fragrances from Bath and Body Works that last longer and for 59.99 that is ridiculous. I sent an email to customer service and they said if I had an issue with the strength, when I re-ordered (and paid 39.99) they could make it stronger. I won't be reordering.

ninad9
7/11/15

I ordered two bottles of perfume which arrived within about 2 weeks but unfortunately USPS was not gentle with them and both bottles arrived broken and the box was soaked. I took a photo of the box and sent it along with an email. I got a speedy reply promising to replace both bottles which they did quickly. No problems!

As for the perfumes themselves, I ordered matches of Dazzling Silver and Chaos. The Chaos is spot on - smells exactly like the original to me from first spray to dry down. The Dazzling Silver is very nice, but there's a distinctive note in the opening that's missing. The upside is that the dry down is very much as I remember. I'll definitely give Scent at hers a try with other perfumes I've been missing!

annam111
6/22/15

Was looking for a favorite but discontinued fragrance called "Night" - by Halston. What I received smelled awful, like some cheap dollar store cologne. Not only was it not the fragrance I was anticipating , the perfume was so oily I had to actually use a tissue to remove the oily residue from my skin.
I emailed ScentMatchers with my complaint and, I suppose like most of those that complained, I never heard anything back. Guess I can always use this perfume as a bug spray as that is about all it is good for!

sh7674
6/16/15

I ordered a discontinued cologne for my Sister's birthday and she is thrilled and loves her present. The Customer Service is perfect, because I just wrote to ScentMatchers at 6:00 AM and I was greeted and in a conversation with the Customer Service. This tells me they care very much about their Customers. I will be ordering from ScentMatchers again very soon. They are a Five Gold Star Company.
Mrs. Sylvia Habel

georgep52
6/3/15

WE HAVE A NUMBER OF NIGHT BLOOMING CEREUS PLANTS. WHEN THEY BLOOM (PERIODICALLY) THE FRANCE IS VERY DISTINCTIVE, BUT SHORT LIVED. WE HAVE OFTEN WONDERED HOW TO “BOTTLE IT UP”. IN TRYING TO FIND THAT FRAGRANCE IN A PERFUME WE DISCOVERED SCENTMATCHERS. BECAUSE THE FRAGRANCE IS NOT LISTED, WE WERE SCEPTICAL AS TO WHETHER IT COULD BE RE- PRODUCED. HOWEVER, THE PROTECTIONS WHICH THE COMPANY OFFERS, AND ITS OBVIOUS POLICY OF GENUINE DEDICATION TO SATISFYING ITS CUSTOMERS CONVINCED US TO GIVE IT A TRY. WE HAVE BEEN VERY PLEASED WITH THE ENTIRE EXPERIENCE. THE FRAGRANCE TURNED OUT TO BE VERY AUTHENTIC AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT AND HELPFUL THROUGH THE ENTIRE TRANSACTION. WE HAVE ALREADY PLACED A REPEAT ORDER FOR OUR DAUGHTER.

denised31
6/1/15

I have just received my order & I LOVE IT!!!! It smells EXACTLY like Dazzling Silver. I've missed wearing this scent for some time now because it was discontinued. I'm so happy that I now have a place to order my favorite fragrance. And, I needed it for a wedding I'm attending and Scentmatchers made sure I had my order before I departed for my trip.

Thank you so much!!! I will definitely be a repeat customer.

victoriap16
6/1/15

Not exact even better abercrombie and fitch signatutre men. You r the best.

wesleyg18
5/24/15

I was extremely disappointed when my favorite cologne, Escada Pour Homme, was no longer being made. When I came across a website called www.Scentmatchers.com that advertised they could match discontinued Eau de Perfums I was cautiously optimistic. Now that I have received Scent Matcher's version of this fragrance I could not be any more pleased! The Eau de Parfum is a perfect match of the original! In addition, Scent Matchers offered a lotion with the fragrance, this lotion moisturizes without being oily. I forward to being a customer of Scent Matchers for a very long time.

melissaa19
5/23/15

I've spent the past 7 years trying to find a scent I loved as much as Mary Kay's Acapela. No luck and hundreds of dollars later, I found this site. My order arrived today and I am thrilled! I have my favorite scent back! This company is amazing. If you''re missing a favorite discontinued scent see if they can provide it. You will love the results. I do!

ginad13
5/19/15

I placed an order for a discontinued perfume -- it was a favorite of my mother's, and I wanted to surprise her for Mother's Day. The perfume was a hit! My mother is a retired laboratory technician, and loves the idea that chemists were able to recreate her favorite perfume. This was the perfect gift for her -- on multiple levels. Thank you, ScentMatchers!

jacquelinem13
5/17/15

I've been wearing Adolfo Classic for over 20 years. Within the past year or two, the company discontinued it! I tried every means to find some, but it was about impossible. How glad I am that I tried ScentMatchers. They gave me great feedback as I was waiting for the order and promptly answered a question I had about part of my order. The perfume is very, very close to the original, and I love it. Nice bottle and packing, too. They will be my resource from now on.

karens105
5/17/15

It smells more like the original Dark Vanilla than the last 2 original bottles that I had.

micheles27
5/16/15

I have used scentmatchers twice now my first order I was a little worried with all the bad reviews but took a chance and I am so glad I did my favorite perfume was discontinued and they had it upon receiving my order I was hooked! My second order they forgot the second bottle I sent an email and got a response the same day, they were right there apologizing and sent it out immediately with no hesitation! There customer service was outstanding! I even asked for a change on my style of bottle and they were very happy to make the change with no hesitation I will be using scentmatcher again and again thank you for such a great company!

terrencel18
5/12/15

This seller went out of their way to do just what they claim and that is to satisfy. They tried to match a very old (1950's) Russian Leather mens cologne which they did not have a sample of. When it did not match, I read their list and asked if they instead, would send Faberge Aphrodisia, which they promptly prepared and sent. It is wonderful and I will definitely be purchasing from them again. Both for a refill on the Aphrodisia and for others on their list. Thanks!

michellem91
5/8/15

Ever since YSL changed its formulations due to IFRA regs. I have been searching for a replacement for YSL's original formula Opium. I finally found this with ScentMatchers. It is not quite as heavy as the original Opium but the scent profile is spot on. The scent lingered for many hours and did not change during the course of wear. It is so close that I am ordering more bottles to give to friends. I am extremely happy. The new Opium be damned, I'll take ScentMatchers formulation any day. Also, the price structure is fantastic. I highly recommend ScentMatcher.com to everyone!

Tip for consumers: I've enjoyed my scent so much I've already purchased 5 full size bottles and 1 travel size. If it helps anyone, I am in no way connected to this company nor have I received anything in exchange for my review. I just enjoy my purchase, as does my coworker, who received one of the bottles I bought. And, I am still smelling sweet!

mindyl3
5/5/15

I received my scent today...Scentmatchers version of V/S Versus by Versace...and I am on cloud nine. I haven't smelled anything so brilliant in at least 10 years...since my perfume was discontinued. The scent is 99% perfect

I couldn't be happier. I am not just impressed with the scent itself but the bottle I picked is beautiful...and I absolutely LOVE that I got to pick the name of my new perfume. Also impressed that it only took 2 weeks to receive my order and Scentmatchers did a wonderful job keeping me posted on the status of my order.

Even if I was able to buy the real thing I would still buy Scentmatchers product!! I get twice as much for half the price. They have really out done themselves.

I will definitely be reordering...and sooner rather than later because I am going to wear this scent every singe day. My next order will include a travel size bottle and the matching scented lotion as well.

joanp18
4/30/15

To whom it may concern:
I ordered my cologne (Norell) which has been impossible to find.
They came very close to matching it and I am very pleased with the results.
I will certainly order from them again. They provided excellent service.
Joan Peterson

irenez
4/27/15

Scentmatchers duplicated Woods that Abercrombie used to make. I could not find it anywhere at a reasonable price. The match is perfect. The bottle is lovely. The price is reasonable. The service is excellent. I will tell my friends and purchase from Scentmatchers again.

dianea9
4/27/15

I have been wearing Royal Secret for over 30 years and found it to be out of stock every time I tried to order it lately. Ordering from other places proved to be knock offs that were not the same scent. I was becoming very frustrated with ordering and returning bottles that were not quite right. I am so happy I found your company. You nailed the match perfectly and you have a lifetime customer with me. The added touch of my name on the bottle was nice as well as the card with pictures of the team and the re order offer.

paulr110
4/24/15

I have ordered from ScentMatchers twice and have always been satisfied with their service and their product. Both me and my wife love the perfumes they have made for us. I highly recommend this company if you are looking to do something special and unique for the one you love.

bobl49
4/18/15

Caswell Massey stopped making Tricorn Cologne for men a few years ago. I had been using it for many years and was quite disappointed. I tried many different colognes for men ,but none came close. I found ScentMatchers on a Google search and I am back in business again. The scent is identical and their service was extraordinary. I coudln't be happier and would recommend them to anyone looking for a discontinued fragrance.Bob L.

helens53
4/10/15

Great customer service and very happy with the product when it arrived. I will be re-ordering in the future.

stevef52
4/10/15

Been buying copies of this vintage perfume for years and this one is far superior to the others. Captures the clarity of the original fragrance and is not overpowering.

pamelaw21
4/6/15

I was buying my special scent from a clothing catalog and when I went to re-order the perfume they had discontinued it! I was so disappointed because that scent was so special to me, it wasn't overwhelming. I could use it everyday. A friend suggested that I search Amazon for the fragrance, however, I had no luck. I did see the advertisement for Scentmatchers, and I used the description of the scent on the fragrance box to explain what I was looking for in a perfume. To be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect. In a short time, I received a bottle of perfume that was pleasantly similar to the fragrance that had been discontinued. It is not exactly the same, but it is very pleasing. I use it every day! I don't like strong perfume, yet I like this scent very much. I am a happy customer!

frankiem12
4/2/15

I ordered a scent match of Chanel Misia, the order came with in 2 weeks and I am super happy with the quality! It is perfect :) Susan the representative I dealt with was super courteous and really quick to reply with my inquiries.

Tip for consumers: I ordered extra of the 29.99 special, for my bridesmaids and had the date of my wedding put on the bottle :)

cathien
3/28/15

They refunded my money extremely fast, but the fake Jovan Grass Oil was horrible. They did try to con me into feeling guilty about the supposed money that they spent trying to recreate the scent, but they already know, darn good and well, that they cannot even come close to recreating the Jovan Grass Oil and yet they're still selling it. I don't understand this.

Tip for consumers: Don't get excited about the possibility of getting your old favorite cologne back. The Jovan Grass Oil for Men recreation smells like first cold pressed olive oil mixed with water. In other words, it smells like wet grass.

robertc141
3/27/15

I recently purchased two bottles of you Romance Silver reproduction. Ive been using it for about three weeks, and wanted to give you my thoughts on your product.

1. Your customer service was extremely helpful, and easy to work with.
2. The speed of delivery was also good.
3. The match on the scent was very close, almost perfect.

The only issue I've seen is the sustainability of the scent. I have one bottle of the original left that I use for special occasions. When I spray it on my shirt, I can smell it on there two or three days later. Not so with your version. It seems to wear out within the day, and I need to respray if I'm going on a long day out. I'm not sure how this could be remedied, or why the original lasts like it does, but this is something I would like to see fixed if possible.

Otherwise, my experience with you guys was pleasurable. Thank you.

Tip for consumers: Susan at customer service is awesome. If you have any questions or concerns, email her. She is quick to respond and will take care of you.

ldg
3/18/15

I was amazed at your creation of this beautiful gardenia/orange blossom perfume.
You could win an Olympic gold medal and teach a master-class on creating such delightful blends. The Heavenly scent reminds me of the fresh flowers that my mama used to grow! What a glorious memory-thank you!! Dr. LD Gurney

alicem38
3/14/15

I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to have Fendi Classic back in my life. Like an old friend who's been away for way too long. I had named my bottle "Awesome Sauce" and got it in the mail yesterday, ripped open the package and proceeded to spray a small dab on my wrist. It smells just like I remember. And believe me, I lived in this stuff, I remember how this smells. I kept smelling my wrist in disbelief that I found this scent again. I am so happy!

I could not be more satisfied with my purchase. They were prompt - they sent me a tracking number and now they have my order on file, any subsequent order I purchase is 39.99. Thank you sooooo much for being there to make this much missed scent. You've got a customer for life! :-)

Tip for consumers: It's very easy if you have a known scent. you just pick it from a list. Maybe the hardest part was picking the style bottle and picking out a name for my scent!

jand36
3/8/15

I had ordered the Ritz Light, well it was not what I was looking for (it was close but just wasn't what I wanted) and they promptly messaged me back telling me the order I placed would take a little extra time due to getting the items that go into the perfume, I was a little disappointed, but good things come to those who wait, so I waited, then I received a message telling me my order had been shipped (YA HOO!!!) well it was just a few days later I got my package arrived & I opened it... It wasn't what I had hopped for. so I kept it trying it out, I just couldn't say I loved it like the original Ritz. so I contacted the kids at 'ScentMatchers' and explained to them I wasn't real happy that I had ordered the wrong scent. I PROMTLY received a message back, they offered me the scent I really should of ordered in the first place, so I agreed. I received my order in less than a week, I opened the package... OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!! I Love it! They nailed it to a T!
I can NOT understand why these others gave a negative review for this company. They are great! THEY fixed MY SCREW UP! My screw up, my fault! And they have treated me with great courtesy! Maybe if others treat them with kindness & respect, well they may get kindness & respect in return. These young hard working adults have me as a lifetime customer!
I have NEVER written a review for any company, and I never thought I would, but these guys BLEW ME AWAY! Susan Johnson - customer service manager, was very professional. Great job Susan! I wouldn't want you job, VERY STRESSFUL!
Erica, Angela, Adam & Morgan, your mixture was spot on! THANK you!

Tip for consumers: working with the public is very hard & if you have never worked with the public you wouldn't understand. You can't please all the people all the time, please understand that no matter how hard you try some people can never be pleased! Please take some of the negative reviews with a grain of salt. TREAT OTHERS AS YOU WANT TO BE TREATED!

lydiac8
3/4/15

My bottle of Woodhue arrived and was well packed-when I tried it I couldn't believe how great it was-smelled just like the original or maybe even better !! I will certainly be a repeat customer

Tip for consumers: very easy to order from and very reliable-product is wonderful!

jodyb13
3/2/15

My first order from ScentMatchers was for a fragrance I loved when I was young adult. The fragrance I received was exactly as I remember it! I will happily reorder it for as long as it is available. Their customer service was also top notch. I received frequent status updates, even with it shipping in a short time after my order was received. I highly recommend this company for duplicating fragrances that are no longer available.

raysas
2/23/15

I ordered a replica of my favorite perfume because I was on my last bottle and couldn't find it anywhere. I received my perfume in a couple of weeks and was very happy with the results. Though the scent is lighter than the original version, it passed the test with my spouse who couldn't tell the difference between the original perfume and the one sent. I did find that the fragrance doesn't stay as long on me as the original perfume, but overall I am happy to have found your company on the web since my perfume is no longer available on the market

kathleenb10
2/22/15

Just received my Blue Jeans by Shulton (Revisited)....LOVE!!!!. A perfect match. Very very happy. Now I can re visit my teenage years (haha). This is a rare perfume, the originals are all but gone from the face of the Earth. Those left are expensive and usually "turned". How absolutely delightful to get a nice, big bottle of this "blast from the past" for a reasonable price and with quick delivery. THANK YOU..now to find my elephant bells and my lip smackers.
I cannot figure out why anyone would have an issue...this order was super easy (although the scent is not a very complicated one), but I had nothing but a great experience with this company. Actual wear time is far more than the original, much more. Easy order, quick ship and scent was true to original.
I absolutely will re-order from this company with no hesitation.

suzanneg5
2/9/15

This is the most reliable business I have ever dealt with. I was not 100% satisfied with my order and they couldn't have done more to satisfy me. This is a business with high integrity.
Suzanne

elizabethr39
12/28/14

SO GLAD I READ REVIEWS and do my homework before ordering from any site/company I am not familiar with and I won't be doing business with Scent Matchers. What a shame, was hoping to wear a beautiful perfume again but honestly I don't believe ANYONE can make it but the original. I surrendered and suggest to everyone out there that you do the same. Go out and try new ones and with a little patience you'll find a new one you'll love.

Tip for consumers: Do your homework folks before you make the purchase. Why risk the hassle, rip off and disappointment.

juliei
12/20/14

I don't know about other perfumes but they have my.fendi down. Perfect. Oh happy day. Perfect match, lovely glass bottle. 100% pleased. I will brag about this site and reorder as needed. Oh, you get to name you perfume. Mine is " sex in a bottle" lol

carrien2
11/22/14

I agree, they are a scam! I ordered a scent match of INOUI and paid $59.99 + S&H. I received some cheap drug store, horrible smelling cologne. I couldn't even wash it off my hand for 2 days - even with a shower. When I sent them an email they said "Keep the bottle, we will credit your Pay Pal with $30.00 which is OUR cost for manufacturing the product! OMG they did credit me $30 but I'm out $30 and the bottle they were supposed to match is in the trash. I think this is 4 people or so doing a basement business and they have ALL the same bottles in stock. They probably work in an office for another company during the day. Who knows?

Tip for consumers: Please do not order from them - go to EBAY - I have had excellent luck ordering an old, discontinued cologne when available.

chloeg1
11/2/14

I really want Ralph Lauren hot, but I am scared it will smell nothing like its suppose to now. I don't know what to do. I was reading through all the negative reviews and seem a little confused about the website.

cynthiak4
10/13/14

Although my fragrance did not meet my expectations, the promptness in responding to my request to return and refund the fragrance was excellent.

justh10
10/2/14

I placed an order for ready perfume and this is how it went. i found scent matchers on Google the reviews were very mixed but I really missed the perfume but I decided to order it anyway. The perfume took about a week and Half to arrive and was intact. The bottle was just as the site described and when I went to try it out I was not happy l. I didn't think the perfume smelled like the scent I ordered so immediately emailed the company. The replied back and apologized for the experience and asked me how the could handle it. I told them I just wanted my full refund and I would ship the perfume back at my own expense. I was very surprised when I recieved and email back saying that they would give me my refund it would be processed in about 3-5 days and I keep the perfume. I don't want the perfume nor will I wear it but I just thougt the way the handled it was 100% fantastic. I wish you the scent I ordered smell like ready perfume because I would have gladly done business with them. I would say to anyone who is looking to order from them just have a positive mind set. My perfume wasn't what I wnted but I was promised my full refund and that's just what there website said I somewhat feel bad for the company because I know they lost money.

Tip for consumers: Try to see if the perfume you want to order has been ordered by some else and see how they felt about the smell

ljc
8/5/14

Scent Matchers is a scam. They have a rip off product that they ship to you, and then when you try to get a refund, they claim to have not received the return. I filed a complaint with the United States Postal Inspection Service. They are under review and will be investigated. Please report Scent Matchers to the Postal Inspector and to the Better Business Bureau as a scam company.

paulj49
6/16/14

Ordered about a month ago. Nothing has been sent and no communication

leahg3
6/14/14

After a bit of a rocky start with communication, I received the product I had requested -- it turned out to be nearly perfect match to my beloved discontinued Fendi by Fendi. I received it within a week, and I could not be more delighted with the fragrance match. It's probably a 99% match, and quite frankly, I am blown away.

13 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the ScentMatchers staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: need some communication for scent i ordered on may 20th. got thaqnk you for order-when should i expect this??? transaction-4390151145. plan to cancel if i do not hear from u within 24 hours
5/22/12
Add your answer
Q: Has anyone tried their version of the old Fredericks of Hollywood scent, I loved that and am curious if any bought it
4/8/15
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the ScentMatchers staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
ScentMatchers?