US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jand36

Susan Johnson - customer service manager, was very professional. (in 25 reviews)

janea2

I just got my perfume Fendi and I am so pleasantly surprised to be able to enjoy my favorite perfume again. (in 61 reviews)

reons

be back to order my perfume from them in the near future. (in 90 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

biffh
2/7/16

I ordered my favorite discontinued cologne Eddie Bauer's Adventurer. Bottles of the original stuff that folks have lying around are going for well over $100 on ebay, so when I saw the scentmatchers add...I thought I'd give it a try. I originally just wanted to try one bottle, but they gave me a good discount to add an additional bottle and two bottles of lotion as well. I got my package in the mail and I am happy to report that it smells just like I remember. I did contact them because only half of my order arrived, and they apologized for the error and have sent the missing items out promptly. Thanks Scentmatchers!

lynng32
2/7/16

I gave up looking for Flora Danica years ago! It has always been my all-time go-to fragrance. Then I found Scentmatchers and I now have 2 bottles of Flora Danica and the lotion, as well. The people I dealt with were superb and kept me informed during the process of replicating my fragrance. I received it faster than I had expected and I am beyond thrilled. What a great company this is!

danm122
1/19/16

I not only received my products in time for my Sister’s Birthday, which I cannot Thank you enough for, but she was ecstatic with the personalized packaging and the overall fragrance you created.

Thank you Again for such a wonderful first time experience. Much success to you and your company.

rodneya20
1/9/16

How do I get your reorder code so I can order?

susanb134
1/6/16

The long-discontinued scent I ordered was perfectly replicated, and they will receive repeat orders from me.

jessicaa69
1/6/16

You should try out Scentmatchers duplicate Sinful Blue Anchor. It came in the mail delivery was fast and everyone was so good with helping me. I got what I wanted as the label on my perfume bottle. The perfume doesn't smell exactly like Sinful Blue Anchor but has it's own special sweet smell to it. It is defiantly worth the price. It last long and it just amazing. I will be buying more and more. Since I cannot get Sinful they stopped selling it. The team that creates this duplicate does a excellent job. If you love to smell good and love Sinful this would be a great place to get it. I have been buying Sinful since 2014 & every since they stopped selling I've been looking for similar and this is it. Thank you again Scentmatchers for being here to bring back our favorite perfumes. 5 * Stars.

kimo25
1/5/16

I wanted a match for the body shop Indian gardenia. Unfortunately, the fragrance I received was not a match. I contacted scentmatchers for a full refund. They replied promptly and even though they couldn't resell the product, gave me a full refund. I wish the fragrance would have been a match, however their customer service was excellent.

angelat37
1/1/16

We ordered 2 different scents. They were good about taking it back or refunding the money, but it wasn't anything like the perfume it was supposed to be. The Tommy Bahama for men wasn't even a men's scent...We sent a sample and they remade it. We now put it on the dog. The sprayer on BOTH was broken within 5 sprays. Don't waste your money...just find a new scent and hope it doesn't get discontinued.

stacyg26
12/22/15

Years ago when my Deneuve eau de cologne ran out, I was devastated to hear they had stopped making it. While E-Bay has mini sample bottles for sale, at horrid prices!, I found ScentMatchers and they were able to duplicate Deneuve, along with a lovely, personalized bottle and offered body lotion and a travel size at a low price to make a nice total package. I would recommend you try them for any fragrance, available or out of production! What a find!!

heidiz3
12/21/15

I love Sun Moon and Stars, thought I would never find it and wasn't paying what ebay sellers want so I took a chance and ordered a replica. This company not only exceeded my expectations, they surpassed it by having a loyalty program. Don't be afraid, if there is a cologne no longer offered, give them a chance. You won't be disappointed! !!!! I will order again!

samanthal47
12/20/15

This company is genius! I received a matched scent with my name on it for my birthday of a scent that was discontinued when I was in high school. The scent was spot on and the price unbelievably affordable! This company is truly a treasure!

janetm53
12/18/15

I received my order today, and I am blown away!
The fragrance is awesome. I will be ordering again, and again!!
Love it!

keithr32
12/16/15

My search is over. I have been looking for a certain fragrance for years now. Well after all the looking, I had run into a website called ScentMatchers. I read everything what the company is all about and what they do. I have to say I was nervous about it, because I didn't know what to expect. Needless to say I went ahead and placed an order for this fragrance I wanted my wife to have. My whole experience through finding the scent, picking the bottle I wanted, and to top it off I got to personalize the bottle for my wife. I had gotten excited about it even more. I was still very curious about the scent. If anyone knew what this fragrance smelled like it would be me. It was one that has stuck out since a long time ago. I had just received it at my house. It was more than I expected and more. Thank you to ScentMatchers. You all deserve a standing O.. My wife And I will For sure be ordering again.

shannone16
12/12/15

My dad has confirmed the smell my mom wore for her honeymoon/wedding (Victoria by Victoria's Secret) that was discontinued! This is amazing, she's going to freak out. Thank you Scentmatchers!

vickig7
12/11/15

Was suppose to be Frederick's of Hollywood f fragrance didn't have any of the musk or warm spice scents such a let down

lesliel29
12/9/15

I'm so excited to have my perfume back! You did an Awesome job creating it! It's been years since I could get it! People post it selling it for 500 - 600 and used for 300. I will definitely re-order! Thank you so much!

jank41
12/8/15

Dolce and Gabbana for women was their first fragrance and I wore this scent for years. When the fragrance was discontinued I was so disappointed and could never find anything that I enjoyed as much as that scent. I came across Scentmatchers and thought I would give it a try. My bottle arrived yesterday and it is wonderful. I can't tell any difference between the original and this matching scent. I will purchase again and again. Thank you so much. I liked it so much that I have purchased a bottle of the original Opium for my Mother for Christmas and I have every expectation she will be as thrilled as I am with the experience.

augustb24
12/4/15

The Gucci Nobile that I wore has been discontinued for years. I had looked on Ebay for a replacement bottle only to be shocked by the $400 price. I came across your site and thought I'd give it a try. The product that I received was so close to the Nobile that I couldn't tell a difference. Thank you for the wonderful job you did ! I'm a repeat customer, now purchasing a fragrance that was discontinued a while ago for my new wife. In this day and age of "Just making a quick buck", I appreciate the time and care taken to make the scent that is personal to me. Thank you again! You've made me a customer for life !

jeffp40
11/27/15

Ordering was easy. Shipping was fast. But my scent does not smell like Yves Rocher's Eryo...I still have some original left and it's CLEARLY two very different smells. I'm even willing to ship the company some original Eryo if it would help match the scent better in the future. Update: I shipped a small sample and they re-did it and sent me a new bottle. As I teach adults for a living; I passed the samples around my classroom and had several people smell them. They are still two very different scents. The new bottle's sprayer broke quickly as well. I won't bother for a refund - just be aware- it not the same as Yves Rocher Eryo.

glendaw7
11/25/15

I was impressed with the delivery of the bottle itself, and the match of the perfume; was on target. It is nice to be able to wear high ended scents for a fraction of the original cost. KUDOS to scentmatchers I am impressed

kleshettac
11/19/15

My daughter's favorite fragrance was discontinued and she wanted a bottle of it for her upcoming birthday. I found ScentMatchers online and decided to give them a try. My daughter was ecstatic.....she loved the bottle that I had designed and she stated that it
smelled exactly the same. So without a doubt I will be using ScentMatchers for future gifts!!!

wesleyt10
11/18/15

I ordered a reproduction of the original calvin from 1981 and received it promptly. However my initial impression of the product was too powdery and dissimilar from the original. I notified Scent Matchers and a full refund was given immediately without question and no need to send the product back, just keep it I was told.

A month later I retried the cologne and with several friend and family inputs, I changed my mind and decided to wear the cologne, while not exactly the same, it is still very close and got approval from all who have smelled me wearing the original calvin for the last 34 years!

I notified Scent Matchers of my changed decision and requested they recharge me for the cologne. I received a gracious email confirming my request and a discount offer for my next order.

I am very pleased with the product and the customer service.

Wesley Thompson, Charlotte, NC

jand47
11/18/15

I have used Spark by Liz since 2003. For some reason they have discontinued this scent. Every perfume site I have visited to try ordering is "out" & I resigned myself to finding a new "favorite" scent. My sister happened upon ScentMatchers and told me about it. I was desperate and went on site, ordered (it is sooooo easy) and within a short time my mailbox was blessed with my 3.4 oz bottle as well as a second bottle on the way! I LOVE IT!! I have been amazed at the responses of the people at ScentMatchers. Every inquiry has been answered almost immediately! This site and it's products are AMAZING! I highly recommend this site and am a dedicated customer from now on! Thank you, ScentMatchers!

jamesg150
11/16/15

This is my fourth order from Scentmatchers in the past year.
I was a long time user of Caswell Massey Aura of Patchouli and was disappointed when they quit making it.
I asked Scentmatchers to make a slight change in the usual mix they send me, by adding a little more patchouli, whatever a little more was--- is perfect!!!!
Thanks so much for accommodating me, I will be a long time customer.
James

barbarar77
11/2/15

I was shocked to see my favorite perfume, long since discontinued on Scentmatchers and had to try. Baroque from Fragonard purchased in France in 2006 and reordered several times. Then discontinued.
Scentmatchers is very very very close to the original, a bit more cinnamon than I remember but the spicy oriental feel is there. I love it!
I will be reordering.

kimberlyb37
10/29/15

I was looking for a gift for by best friend's 60th birthday and I remembered that she like Anne Pliska perfume. When I went to Nordstrom's they told me it was not longer in production. I went to my source for all products AMAZON, and they directed me to ScentMatchers. I was pleasantly surprised that the perfume smelled just like Anne Pliska. I really like the option of choosing your own bottle and personalization of the bottle. My friend was ecstatic to have her favorite scent and a personalized bottle. I had a few questions and the customer service was excellent. I will definitely use ScentMatchers again.

danaw23
10/25/15

I wore a cologne (Gravel for Men) through the eighties and nineties which was a little hard to find and I never replaced my last bottle. Years later when I looked for it I found that the 1 person who had created and produced it had passed and it was no longer available . I found Scentmatchers and to my surprise I saw that they offered a copy of this cologne. With some trepidation I ordered thinking they couldn't really exactly match the scent. I was very surprised and pleased when my order arrived and they had totally nailed it. It was like being reunited with an old friend. I am very happy with this transaction.

cristinag14
10/24/15

I am thrilled with my ScentMatchers purchase! It was a gift for my mom's birthday. She had been so dissapointed that her favorite scent was discontinued. She even traveled to NY to try and find some. Imagine her delight when she received this scent, made just for her. I may now be her favorite child! Thank you ScentMatchers!!!!

chriso34
10/23/15

I am so pleased with my perfume New West by Aramis. Customer service was spectacular and I will definitely order again and again.

maureena6
10/20/15

I accidently found this website and thought I would give it a try as I live in Australia think I was taking a bit of a chance. However it paid to give it a go as very happy with my perfume which has many happy memories of my teenage years and my husband remembered it as well. Would be more than happy to advise people to do the same thing, very happy with my decision.

cheryll30
10/17/15

I have been using this product since October 2012. They have always gone over and above to keep there customers coming back. Thanks to you and all your staff.

alaas3
10/12/15

I have asked Scent matchers to duplicate the original Drakkar (before Drakkar Noir). This Drakkar was very popular in the 70s and 80s and was discontinued in the early 90s. Scent matchers worked on reproducing the scent and sent me the product. the result was not matching at all, however, it had a hint of the original Drakkar. I sent them an email stating that I would be willing to work with them and send them a sample until we get it right. I am glad to say that Scent matchers worked with me until they got the scent very similar to Drakkar original, they even sent me a replacement for free to replace the product that I was not happy about. I am so pleased with the level of the prompt customer service, the professionalism and the outstanding skills and service, I have received. First class team and product and honorable people. I am their customer for life and I also ordered fragrance oil and perfume of the original Drakkar. Cannot wait to try it on.

Tip for consumers: my advise if you are not pleased for any reason is to contact the most wonderful customer service manager, She is very responsive.

evaa23
10/8/15

I ordered the fragrance Borghese, something I've been looking for years. The cologne has been discontinued. Somehow I came across ScentMatchers online and put in Borghese and this site had it. Once I received it I wasn't disappointed; I remembered that aroma for years; a perfect match (perfect price too). Thanks ScentMatchers.

Tip for consumers: Go to this site and shop, best prices ever.

paulh151
9/26/15

Im sure many are as skeptical as I was in ordering a cologne no longer in production. Ive been a fan of Lauren Silver for a decade(since 2005). When I heard they were discontinuing this product a couple years back, I bought a couple year supply. After searching for a new scent, I still kept wanting my old Silver back. I found this site and only committed to a bottle. This week, I received my bottle, and wanted to wear it to see its longevity. All I can say is wow. Not only is it identical in scent, it wears a lot longer than the original. I dont know what they use to add to the scents daily longevity. If youre new and leery about this purchase, I say give them a try. If they duplicate most scents like they did Silver you wont be disappointed. Of course I want to get my hands on more, so I checked into the repeat customer option. And oh wow, what a discount you get on repeat orders. Im a customer for life. Plan for a little but of time, because they make a custom bottle and working just for you. But its well worth it. Very nicely packaged and stored in a nice dark bag until you receive it until you can store it where you like. This was my first ever replica purchase of anything. If your experience was anything like mine, youll be glad you purchased. Lastly, finding the originals are not only hard, but get costly as you can imagine. I now can buy my favorite fragrance actually a litle cheaper than what I used to get it, when it was out and in abundance. Nice job here. Very impressed. Cost, product and service, a very nice experience.

annek22
9/26/15

Smells just like the original camp beverly hills... thanks. Love it and have just placed repeat order

jona1463
9/20/15

I bought a perfume for my mom and it came broken... I emailed them and within an hour they said they would send a replacement

laurad64
9/17/15

I had my doubts that the custom scent concocted for me at an event could be matched but I truly love it so I gave Scentmatchers a try. They were meticulous and took extra time to evaluate and order additional ingredients. They stayed in touch with me throughout the process alerting me that this was a difficult match to make. In the end the product they delivered was great! The bottles were lovely. On first sniff I could tell there was a slight difference so I compared the original to the match... OK - keep in mind this is a completely original scent I am trying to have matched and not a known brand name perfume! But, yes, on first sniff there was a difference - the original seemed to have a deeper, richer first sniff - BUT once on my wrist and definitely after a couple of minutes the two scents were virtually identical. Not sure how that works I am very happy with the end result!

anitaj8
9/15/15

If you are tired of the fragrance that is your "trademark" changing over the years, disappearing, or the price going up so high that you feel guilty purchasing it, ScentMatchers is your solution.

They not only let me choose from the original French version of my cologne, but allowed me to select a bottle, name the fragrance whatever I wanted, offered a second bottle for about half the price of the first one and it all arrived priority mail within 10 days. The match was absolutely perfect and at 1/3 the price of the cologne that is being sold today, if it's possible to get it. And by the way the cologne sold today bears little resemblance to the original French version. These people ROCK!!!!! A. Jackson

billp54
9/5/15

The earth by gap scent was a unisex fragrance back in the day well they discontinued it but kept the rest of the line. Well I ordered from scent matchers and it is better than i expected. I will definitely reorder and recommend to my friends. Even the liquid texture looks the same.
Thank you so much.

jeanetteg3
9/4/15

I had been using Safari for many years when it was discontinued. Didn't think I'd ever find a perfume I liked as much but now I have. Thank You!!

roseg26
9/2/15

I ordered two scents from this company I was pleased with the service and the presentation. My perfume was not exact (who could do that?) but close enough to bring back memories of a magic, classy 30 year marriage. When my husband passed i was surprised how important the sense of smell became. I ordered a discontinued perfume scent from this company. Though it goes away quickly it is enough of a ghost to satisfy my longing.

lisar98
8/29/15

Long short cut short, customer service willing and ready to make things right. Love my scent and love the fact they resolve any issues.

pamelah22
8/23/15

I ordered 2 fragrances. One was spot on. The second was a bit off but they are doing everything possible to make it work. I could not be more pleased. This is an amazing company and I am looking forward to a long and satisfying relationship with them.

crystalf9
8/15/15

I ordered from them and the scent was not even similar at all to what I wanted. It smelled so disgusting that I had to throw it away. I offered to ship it back to them, but apparently even they could not handle the stink they put together. They tried to get me to keep it and kept giving me some bull about their money and time they put into it and about some charity crap. They kept this up for awhile back and forth thru emails and never said sorry or anything, just kept asking me to feel bad for them. I am the one who got ripped off, feel bad for me, not yourselves. You should feel like shameful scumbags, cause you are. I was so excited waiting for my perfume and cannot believe what I went through after. I requested a full refund numerous times, I told them I would ship back the bottle of stink. But they kept insisting I keep it and they would give me a partial refund then "donate" the rest of my refund to charity. It is all a BIG PATHETIC SCAM. Please BEWARE.

patm80
7/28/15

is named after me...PAT INTHE HAT
it is fabulous...be aware that the name will rub off if you are not very careful

nancyh59
7/21/15

Just got my bottle of CARNATION and it's WONDERFUL! Will order from them again!

karas9
7/20/15

I unfortunately read the reviews too late. I ordered a discontinued scent and just received it. It is what most customers say... It smells cheap and disgusting! It was not even close to the scent. Matter of fact am taking it to be analyzed. Do not ordered anything! I put scent on and I bagged and had to SCRUB it off! Please find another scent you like at a reputable place.. Now let's see how quickly a refund comes!!

ginnym2
7/14/15

i order an old favorite of mine. Love Fresh Lemon, that has been discontinued. They did a fantastic job. They even personalize my bottle! I smell fresh and clean and lemony!!

donnaa24
7/13/15

I asked scentmatchers to duplicate my favorite discontinued perfume - Ananya by the Body Shop. It was on their list so I assumed it wouldn't be a problem. They were very nice and professional to work with but the scent I received, although lovely, did not smell like Ananya. This is not just a mistake of memory but absolutely accurate as I still have some of the original Ananya left and the scent has not changed even as long as I have had it. The other problem is that the scentmatchers scent does not last more than about 10-15 minutes after you put it on,. I have had cheap fragrances from Bath and Body Works that last longer and for 59.99 that is ridiculous. I sent an email to customer service and they said if I had an issue with the strength, when I re-ordered (and paid 39.99) they could make it stronger. I won't be reordering.

ninad9
7/11/15

I ordered two bottles of perfume which arrived within about 2 weeks but unfortunately USPS was not gentle with them and both bottles arrived broken and the box was soaked. I took a photo of the box and sent it along with an email. I got a speedy reply promising to replace both bottles which they did quickly. No problems!

As for the perfumes themselves, I ordered matches of Dazzling Silver and Chaos. The Chaos is spot on - smells exactly like the original to me from first spray to dry down. The Dazzling Silver is very nice, but there's a distinctive note in the opening that's missing. The upside is that the dry down is very much as I remember. I'll definitely give Scent at hers a try with other perfumes I've been missing!

27 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the ScentMatchers staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2 weeks ago
Answer
adams81
A: Please send an email to support@scentmatchers.com for further assistance.
2 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
1/8/16
Answer
adams81
A: Please send an email to support@scentmatchers.com for the repeat order code.
1/9/16
Helpful answer
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the ScentMatchers staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
ScentMatchers?