US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

wesleyt10

I am very pleased with the product and the customer service. (in 27 reviews)

janea2

I just got my perfume Fendi and I am so pleasantly surprised to be able to enjoy my favorite perfume again. (in 65 reviews)

reons

be back to order my perfume from them in the near future. (in 94 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

janep40
5/1/16

Although no longer being produced by Fragonard, my replica was a great match. Worth the wait and additional bottles are available at reduced prices. I am very pleased

tatas1
4/28/16

I hate being negative, but don't think it smells like escada tropical punch. It's not very strong and definitely an imitation. Just wish I was charged imitation price

mm215
4/26/16

When my mother and father first met circa 1957, Avon Nearness was her fragrance. After they married in 1960, Avon discontinued it. My father tried in vain to find a spare bottle of it somewhere, even called Avon to see if they would bring it back. Alas, it was long gone and they were both crestfallen because she loved it so much and my father loved it on her. He died in 1984. Flash forward to the present: while visiting the Fragrantica website I had a discussion with someone re the discontinuation of a Tom Ford fragrance I wanted. He suggested that ScentMatchers could replicate it. While checking for it I happened to see that Avon Nearness was on the list as one that they could reproduce. I was ecstatic for my mother and ordered it for her. It just arrived today and she is so pleased and touched to have this fragrance again and says it smells near-identical to the 1950's original. Thank you so much for recreating a beautiful memory for her.

tammyb53
4/25/16

You Rock!!! I got my fragrance in the mail, it passed my ultimate test. I've worn Dolce and Gabbana for women since 1993, the year my youngest daughter was born. I kept my composure after putting some on as I excitedly recognized the scent, I called my daughter to come downstairs and she said, mom that's you, I smell YOU!!! That's the first time I loved hearing those three words strung together. Hours later my oldest daughter came home and said they nailed it. Double confirmation. You just earned a new, loyal customer.

T. Brady

jimc143
4/23/16

In the 80s I used a cologne and after shave called, Yardleys Musk for Men and always received compliments from women and men, mostly women, about the subtle pleasant smell and wanting to know the brand. This product was available at most discount stores for about $8. US per bottle for the cologne and $5 for the aftershave. This division of Yardley was bought out by Maybelline and the cologne gone forever. After years of searching I thought I would give SentMatchers a try and THEY DID IT. Im hooked

marg1555
4/11/16

Just got my bottle of perfume Scentmakers made up for me. I ordered the "old" formula of Opium and it is wonderful! I had my doubts but the scent is terrific. I am so glad I gave this a chance, it is well worth it. I am sure I will order in the future, I am so happy with this!
Mar Gryz

denisl16
4/7/16

When we were newley married, ( Now 53 years) my wife was a letter carrier at the US P.O., a lady on her route gave her a gift of Frances Denny Interlude Perfume. We both loved it, it became her signuture scent. Any time we went out people remarked how good it smelled. It, is no longer on the market. I have to go on Ebay to find her scent, and now when I can find it, instead of $35 to $50 per 4oz it is up to $250 to $500 a bottle. How happy I was to be able to get 2-2oz bottles 2- 4oz bottles plus 1 body lotion. and one 4oz bottle cane in a personlized bottle. What probably would have cost me 6 or $700, I was able to buy fro this site for less than $120. Couldn't be happier with this site, delivery, service and scent was perfect. Denis and Sandi, Palm Coast, FL.

merryg5
4/5/16

I was a little skeptical that ScentMatchers could really duplicate a fragrance that's been discontinued for decades, but I finally decided to give them a chance. My "April Evening" arrived yesterday.

I absolutely love the fragrance! Despite the fact that it's very long-lasting, it's not overpowering at all--fresh and light, yet warm. It's perfect! The bottle is lovely--absolutely industry standard, as is the very attractive labeling. The packaging was perfect, and my bottle arrived in a very nice satin drawstring bag. Classy all the way!

I'll certainly be asking ScentMatchers to duplicate more of my discontinued favorites!

allyh7
3/12/16

They made a nice replica of a long discontinued scent that I loved and it came in a pretty package. It does take a little longer than most standard shipments but I personally didn't mind. Especially when you consider what they do. Their customer service is excellent. I'll be back to reorder.

marcias17
3/8/16

Great business practices and while I haven't worn "Initial" yet, it smells heavenly.

evelyng15
3/4/16

My experience with Scentmatchers has been really excellent. When I furnished them with a sample of the original scent, Prince Matchabelli's Aviance Night Musk, they really nailed it! I thought I would have to give up on my favorite scent forever, but am so pleased that I decided to give Scentmatchers a try. I will be a customer for life!
E. Graham

yanz4
3/2/16

I bought two bottles of perfume on this website and it's kinda takes too long to get in non-labeled bottle. The most funny thing was the company mailed the parcel to wrong address even they had informed me that they have corrected to the right address before mailing. It costs me more than 30 extra dollars to get the bottles. What a service!? Will not come back and hope others be cautious about this.

gigip2
3/1/16

I was excited that my signature scent that everyone commented on Cachet which smelled go good on me could be reproduced. BIG FAIL!! The scent I received was ok, but nothing at all similar to cachet. I'm so sad I don't know where to go next. The packaging is very nice and pretty, but the product falls very short.

judyf16
2/24/16

I was very worried that the fragrance you sent me for So Pretty by Cartier was going to be too strong. Once I tried it on it was wonderful. I have a lot of allergies and So Pretty is one of the only fragrances I can use. I think it might be a bit stronger, but works just fine for me. You have a new customer and I'll spread the word. Thank you so much!

cindyh55
2/16/16

They claim they can reproduce Victoria's secret #88 and #55 but failed horribly

sheilar17
2/15/16

I ordered dazzling gold by Estee Lauder and they nailed it!! Perfect match, thank you so much we will be buying from you again and again.

marye90
2/15/16

Scentmatchers did not even come remotely close to my perfume. The scent I wanted was blackberry and what was sent to me was something floral - like gardenia. We wrote them to let them know and received this response: Thank you for contacting us.
We are very sorry if our reproduction did not completely live up to your expectations. Our scent experts gave it their best shot from the sample they could obtain. We appreciate your feedback on the reproduction made by us.
Thank you for being our customer.
I would not use again. Pretty poor customer service if you ask me.

donnal68
2/12/16

OUTSTANDING PRODUCT AND SERVICE, WILL BUY FROM SCENTMATCHERS AGAIN!!!!

biffh
2/7/16

I ordered my favorite discontinued cologne Eddie Bauer's Adventurer. Bottles of the original stuff that folks have lying around are going for well over $100 on ebay, so when I saw the scentmatchers add...I thought I'd give it a try. I originally just wanted to try one bottle, but they gave me a good discount to add an additional bottle and two bottles of lotion as well. I got my package in the mail and I am happy to report that it smells just like I remember. I did contact them because only half of my order arrived, and they apologized for the error and have sent the missing items out promptly. Thanks Scentmatchers!

lynng32
2/7/16

I gave up looking for Flora Danica years ago! It has always been my all-time go-to fragrance. Then I found Scentmatchers and I now have 2 bottles of Flora Danica and the lotion, as well. The people I dealt with were superb and kept me informed during the process of replicating my fragrance. I received it faster than I had expected and I am beyond thrilled. What a great company this is!

danm122
1/19/16

I not only received my products in time for my Sister’s Birthday, which I cannot Thank you enough for, but she was ecstatic with the personalized packaging and the overall fragrance you created.

Thank you Again for such a wonderful first time experience. Much success to you and your company.

rodneya20
1/9/16

How do I get your reorder code so I can order?

susanb134
1/6/16

The long-discontinued scent I ordered was perfectly replicated, and they will receive repeat orders from me.

jessicaa69
1/6/16

You should try out Scentmatchers duplicate Sinful Blue Anchor. It came in the mail delivery was fast and everyone was so good with helping me. I got what I wanted as the label on my perfume bottle. The perfume doesn't smell exactly like Sinful Blue Anchor but has it's own special sweet smell to it. It is defiantly worth the price. It last long and it just amazing. I will be buying more and more. Since I cannot get Sinful they stopped selling it. The team that creates this duplicate does a excellent job. If you love to smell good and love Sinful this would be a great place to get it. I have been buying Sinful since 2014 & every since they stopped selling I've been looking for similar and this is it. Thank you again Scentmatchers for being here to bring back our favorite perfumes. 5 * Stars.

kimo25
1/5/16

I wanted a match for the body shop Indian gardenia. Unfortunately, the fragrance I received was not a match. I contacted scentmatchers for a full refund. They replied promptly and even though they couldn't resell the product, gave me a full refund. I wish the fragrance would have been a match, however their customer service was excellent.

angelat37
1/1/16

We ordered 2 different scents. They were good about taking it back or refunding the money, but it wasn't anything like the perfume it was supposed to be. The Tommy Bahama for men wasn't even a men's scent...We sent a sample and they remade it. We now put it on the dog. The sprayer on BOTH was broken within 5 sprays. Don't waste your money...just find a new scent and hope it doesn't get discontinued.

stacyg26
12/22/15

Years ago when my Deneuve eau de cologne ran out, I was devastated to hear they had stopped making it. While E-Bay has mini sample bottles for sale, at horrid prices!, I found ScentMatchers and they were able to duplicate Deneuve, along with a lovely, personalized bottle and offered body lotion and a travel size at a low price to make a nice total package. I would recommend you try them for any fragrance, available or out of production! What a find!!

heidiz3
12/21/15

I love Sun Moon and Stars, thought I would never find it and wasn't paying what ebay sellers want so I took a chance and ordered a replica. This company not only exceeded my expectations, they surpassed it by having a loyalty program. Don't be afraid, if there is a cologne no longer offered, give them a chance. You won't be disappointed! !!!! I will order again!

samanthal47
12/20/15

This company is genius! I received a matched scent with my name on it for my birthday of a scent that was discontinued when I was in high school. The scent was spot on and the price unbelievably affordable! This company is truly a treasure!

janetm53
12/18/15

I received my order today, and I am blown away!
The fragrance is awesome. I will be ordering again, and again!!
Love it!

keithr32
12/16/15

My search is over. I have been looking for a certain fragrance for years now. Well after all the looking, I had run into a website called ScentMatchers. I read everything what the company is all about and what they do. I have to say I was nervous about it, because I didn't know what to expect. Needless to say I went ahead and placed an order for this fragrance I wanted my wife to have. My whole experience through finding the scent, picking the bottle I wanted, and to top it off I got to personalize the bottle for my wife. I had gotten excited about it even more. I was still very curious about the scent. If anyone knew what this fragrance smelled like it would be me. It was one that has stuck out since a long time ago. I had just received it at my house. It was more than I expected and more. Thank you to ScentMatchers. You all deserve a standing O.. My wife And I will For sure be ordering again.

shannone16
12/12/15

My dad has confirmed the smell my mom wore for her honeymoon/wedding (Victoria by Victoria's Secret) that was discontinued! This is amazing, she's going to freak out. Thank you Scentmatchers!

vickig7
12/11/15

Was suppose to be Frederick's of Hollywood f fragrance didn't have any of the musk or warm spice scents such a let down

lesliel29
12/9/15

I'm so excited to have my perfume back! You did an Awesome job creating it! It's been years since I could get it! People post it selling it for 500 - 600 and used for 300. I will definitely re-order! Thank you so much!

jank41
12/8/15

Dolce and Gabbana for women was their first fragrance and I wore this scent for years. When the fragrance was discontinued I was so disappointed and could never find anything that I enjoyed as much as that scent. I came across Scentmatchers and thought I would give it a try. My bottle arrived yesterday and it is wonderful. I can't tell any difference between the original and this matching scent. I will purchase again and again. Thank you so much. I liked it so much that I have purchased a bottle of the original Opium for my Mother for Christmas and I have every expectation she will be as thrilled as I am with the experience.

augustb24
12/4/15

The Gucci Nobile that I wore has been discontinued for years. I had looked on Ebay for a replacement bottle only to be shocked by the $400 price. I came across your site and thought I'd give it a try. The product that I received was so close to the Nobile that I couldn't tell a difference. Thank you for the wonderful job you did ! I'm a repeat customer, now purchasing a fragrance that was discontinued a while ago for my new wife. In this day and age of "Just making a quick buck", I appreciate the time and care taken to make the scent that is personal to me. Thank you again! You've made me a customer for life !

jeffp40
11/27/15

Ordering was easy. Shipping was fast. But my scent does not smell like Yves Rocher's Eryo...I still have some original left and it's CLEARLY two very different smells. I'm even willing to ship the company some original Eryo if it would help match the scent better in the future. Update: I shipped a small sample and they re-did it and sent me a new bottle. As I teach adults for a living; I passed the samples around my classroom and had several people smell them. They are still two very different scents. The new bottle's sprayer broke quickly as well. I won't bother for a refund - just be aware- it not the same as Yves Rocher Eryo.

glendaw7
11/25/15

I was impressed with the delivery of the bottle itself, and the match of the perfume; was on target. It is nice to be able to wear high ended scents for a fraction of the original cost. KUDOS to scentmatchers I am impressed

kleshettac
11/19/15

My daughter's favorite fragrance was discontinued and she wanted a bottle of it for her upcoming birthday. I found ScentMatchers online and decided to give them a try. My daughter was ecstatic.....she loved the bottle that I had designed and she stated that it
smelled exactly the same. So without a doubt I will be using ScentMatchers for future gifts!!!

wesleyt10
11/18/15

I ordered a reproduction of the original calvin from 1981 and received it promptly. However my initial impression of the product was too powdery and dissimilar from the original. I notified Scent Matchers and a full refund was given immediately without question and no need to send the product back, just keep it I was told.

A month later I retried the cologne and with several friend and family inputs, I changed my mind and decided to wear the cologne, while not exactly the same, it is still very close and got approval from all who have smelled me wearing the original calvin for the last 34 years!

I notified Scent Matchers of my changed decision and requested they recharge me for the cologne. I received a gracious email confirming my request and a discount offer for my next order.

I am very pleased with the product and the customer service.

Wesley Thompson, Charlotte, NC

jand47
11/18/15

I have used Spark by Liz since 2003. For some reason they have discontinued this scent. Every perfume site I have visited to try ordering is "out" & I resigned myself to finding a new "favorite" scent. My sister happened upon ScentMatchers and told me about it. I was desperate and went on site, ordered (it is sooooo easy) and within a short time my mailbox was blessed with my 3.4 oz bottle as well as a second bottle on the way! I LOVE IT!! I have been amazed at the responses of the people at ScentMatchers. Every inquiry has been answered almost immediately! This site and it's products are AMAZING! I highly recommend this site and am a dedicated customer from now on! Thank you, ScentMatchers!

jamesg150
11/16/15

This is my fourth order from Scentmatchers in the past year.
I was a long time user of Caswell Massey Aura of Patchouli and was disappointed when they quit making it.
I asked Scentmatchers to make a slight change in the usual mix they send me, by adding a little more patchouli, whatever a little more was--- is perfect!!!!
Thanks so much for accommodating me, I will be a long time customer.
James

barbarar77
11/2/15

I was shocked to see my favorite perfume, long since discontinued on Scentmatchers and had to try. Baroque from Fragonard purchased in France in 2006 and reordered several times. Then discontinued.
Scentmatchers is very very very close to the original, a bit more cinnamon than I remember but the spicy oriental feel is there. I love it!
I will be reordering.

kimberlyb37
10/29/15

I was looking for a gift for by best friend's 60th birthday and I remembered that she like Anne Pliska perfume. When I went to Nordstrom's they told me it was not longer in production. I went to my source for all products AMAZON, and they directed me to ScentMatchers. I was pleasantly surprised that the perfume smelled just like Anne Pliska. I really like the option of choosing your own bottle and personalization of the bottle. My friend was ecstatic to have her favorite scent and a personalized bottle. I had a few questions and the customer service was excellent. I will definitely use ScentMatchers again.

danaw23
10/25/15

I wore a cologne (Gravel for Men) through the eighties and nineties which was a little hard to find and I never replaced my last bottle. Years later when I looked for it I found that the 1 person who had created and produced it had passed and it was no longer available . I found Scentmatchers and to my surprise I saw that they offered a copy of this cologne. With some trepidation I ordered thinking they couldn't really exactly match the scent. I was very surprised and pleased when my order arrived and they had totally nailed it. It was like being reunited with an old friend. I am very happy with this transaction.

cristinag14
10/24/15

I am thrilled with my ScentMatchers purchase! It was a gift for my mom's birthday. She had been so dissapointed that her favorite scent was discontinued. She even traveled to NY to try and find some. Imagine her delight when she received this scent, made just for her. I may now be her favorite child! Thank you ScentMatchers!!!!

chriso34
10/23/15

I am so pleased with my perfume New West by Aramis. Customer service was spectacular and I will definitely order again and again.

maureena6
10/20/15

I accidently found this website and thought I would give it a try as I live in Australia think I was taking a bit of a chance. However it paid to give it a go as very happy with my perfume which has many happy memories of my teenage years and my husband remembered it as well. Would be more than happy to advise people to do the same thing, very happy with my decision.

cheryll30
10/17/15

I have been using this product since October 2012. They have always gone over and above to keep there customers coming back. Thanks to you and all your staff.

alaas3
10/12/15

I have asked Scent matchers to duplicate the original Drakkar (before Drakkar Noir). This Drakkar was very popular in the 70s and 80s and was discontinued in the early 90s. Scent matchers worked on reproducing the scent and sent me the product. the result was not matching at all, however, it had a hint of the original Drakkar. I sent them an email stating that I would be willing to work with them and send them a sample until we get it right. I am glad to say that Scent matchers worked with me until they got the scent very similar to Drakkar original, they even sent me a replacement for free to replace the product that I was not happy about. I am so pleased with the level of the prompt customer service, the professionalism and the outstanding skills and service, I have received. First class team and product and honorable people. I am their customer for life and I also ordered fragrance oil and perfume of the original Drakkar. Cannot wait to try it on.

Tip for consumers: my advise if you are not pleased for any reason is to contact the most wonderful customer service manager, She is very responsive.

36 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the ScentMatchers staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2 minutes ago
Add your answer
1 week ago
Answer
adams81
A: Hi, one of our customers ordered Woods reproduction. Please check their review here: http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.scentmatchers.com#92
1 week ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the ScentMatchers staff and other customers.
ScentMatchers?