US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jand36

Susan Johnson - customer service manager, was very professional. (in 13 reviews)

janea2

I just got my perfume Fendi and I am so pleasantly surprised to be able to enjoy my favorite perfume again. (in 35 reviews)

leahg3

I received it within a week, and I could not be more delighted with the fragrance match. (in 19 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

robertc141
3/27/15

I recently purchased two bottles of you Romance Silver reproduction. Ive been using it for about three weeks, and wanted to give you my thoughts on your product.

1. Your customer service was extremely helpful, and easy to work with.
2. The speed of delivery was also good.
3. The match on the scent was very close, almost perfect.

The only issue I've seen is the sustainability of the scent. I have one bottle of the original left that I use for special occasions. When I spray it on my shirt, I can smell it on there two or three days later. Not so with your version. It seems to wear out within the day, and I need to respray if I'm going on a long day out. I'm not sure how this could be remedied, or why the original lasts like it does, but this is something I would like to see fixed if possible.

Otherwise, my experience with you guys was pleasurable. Thank you.

Tip for consumers: Susan at customer service is awesome. If you have any questions or concerns, email her. She is quick to respond and will take care of you.

ldg
3/18/15

I was amazed at your creation of this beautiful gardenia/orange blossom perfume.
You could win an Olympic gold medal and teach a master-class on creating such delightful blends. The Heavenly scent reminds me of the fresh flowers that my mama used to grow! What a glorious memory-thank you!! Dr. LD Gurney

alicem38
3/14/15

I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to have Fendi Classic back in my life. Like an old friend who's been away for way too long. I had named my bottle "Awesome Sauce" and got it in the mail yesterday, ripped open the package and proceeded to spray a small dab on my wrist. It smells just like I remember. And believe me, I lived in this stuff, I remember how this smells. I kept smelling my wrist in disbelief that I found this scent again. I am so happy!

I could not be more satisfied with my purchase. They were prompt - they sent me a tracking number and now they have my order on file, any subsequent order I purchase is 39.99. Thank you sooooo much for being there to make this much missed scent. You've got a customer for life! :-)

Tip for consumers: It's very easy if you have a known scent. you just pick it from a list. Maybe the hardest part was picking the style bottle and picking out a name for my scent!

jand36
3/8/15

I had ordered the Ritz Light, well it was not what I was looking for (it was close but just wasn't what I wanted) and they promptly messaged me back telling me the order I placed would take a little extra time due to getting the items that go into the perfume, I was a little disappointed, but good things come to those who wait, so I waited, then I received a message telling me my order had been shipped (YA HOO!!!) well it was just a few days later I got my package arrived & I opened it... It wasn't what I had hopped for. so I kept it trying it out, I just couldn't say I loved it like the original Ritz. so I contacted the kids at 'ScentMatchers' and explained to them I wasn't real happy that I had ordered the wrong scent. I PROMTLY received a message back, they offered me the scent I really should of ordered in the first place, so I agreed. I received my order in less than a week, I opened the package... OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!! I Love it! They nailed it to a T!
I can NOT understand why these others gave a negative review for this company. They are great! THEY fixed MY SCREW UP! My screw up, my fault! And they have treated me with great courtesy! Maybe if others treat them with kindness & respect, well they may get kindness & respect in return. These young hard working adults have me as a lifetime customer!
I have NEVER written a review for any company, and I never thought I would, but these guys BLEW ME AWAY! Susan Johnson - customer service manager, was very professional. Great job Susan! I wouldn't want you job, VERY STRESSFUL!
Erica, Angela, Adam & Morgan, your mixture was spot on! THANK you!

Tip for consumers: working with the public is very hard & if you have never worked with the public you wouldn't understand. You can't please all the people all the time, please understand that no matter how hard you try some people can never be pleased! Please take some of the negative reviews with a grain of salt. TREAT OTHERS AS YOU WANT TO BE TREATED!

lydiac8
3/4/15

My bottle of Woodhue arrived and was well packed-when I tried it I couldn't believe how great it was-smelled just like the original or maybe even better !! I will certainly be a repeat customer

Tip for consumers: very easy to order from and very reliable-product is wonderful!

jodyb13
3/2/15

My first order from ScentMatchers was for a fragrance I loved when I was young adult. The fragrance I received was exactly as I remember it! I will happily reorder it for as long as it is available. Their customer service was also top notch. I received frequent status updates, even with it shipping in a short time after my order was received. I highly recommend this company for duplicating fragrances that are no longer available.

raysas
2/23/15

I ordered a replica of my favorite perfume because I was on my last bottle and couldn't find it anywhere. I received my perfume in a couple of weeks and was very happy with the results. Though the scent is lighter than the original version, it passed the test with my spouse who couldn't tell the difference between the original perfume and the one sent. I did find that the fragrance doesn't stay as long on me as the original perfume, but overall I am happy to have found your company on the web since my perfume is no longer available on the market

kathleenb10
2/22/15

Just received my Blue Jeans by Shulton (Revisited)....LOVE!!!!. A perfect match. Very very happy. Now I can re visit my teenage years (haha). This is a rare perfume, the originals are all but gone from the face of the Earth. Those left are expensive and usually "turned". How absolutely delightful to get a nice, big bottle of this "blast from the past" for a reasonable price and with quick delivery. THANK YOU..now to find my elephant bells and my lip smackers.
I cannot figure out why anyone would have an issue...this order was super easy (although the scent is not a very complicated one), but I had nothing but a great experience with this company. Actual wear time is far more than the original, much more. Easy order, quick ship and scent was true to original.
I absolutely will re-order from this company with no hesitation.

suzanneg5
2/9/15

This is the most reliable business I have ever dealt with. I was not 100% satisfied with my order and they couldn't have done more to satisfy me. This is a business with high integrity.
Suzanne

elizabethr39
12/28/14

SO GLAD I READ REVIEWS and do my homework before ordering from any site/company I am not familiar with and I won't be doing business with Scent Matchers. What a shame, was hoping to wear a beautiful perfume again but honestly I don't believe ANYONE can make it but the original. I surrendered and suggest to everyone out there that you do the same. Go out and try new ones and with a little patience you'll find a new one you'll love.

Tip for consumers: Do your homework folks before you make the purchase. Why risk the hassle, rip off and disappointment.

juliei
12/20/14

I don't know about other perfumes but they have my.fendi down. Perfect. Oh happy day. Perfect match, lovely glass bottle. 100% pleased. I will brag about this site and reorder as needed. Oh, you get to name you perfume. Mine is " sex in a bottle" lol

carrien2
11/22/14

I agree, they are a scam! I ordered a scent match of INOUI and paid $59.99 + S&H. I received some cheap drug store, horrible smelling cologne. I couldn't even wash it off my hand for 2 days - even with a shower. When I sent them an email they said "Keep the bottle, we will credit your Pay Pal with $30.00 which is OUR cost for manufacturing the product! OMG they did credit me $30 but I'm out $30 and the bottle they were supposed to match is in the trash. I think this is 4 people or so doing a basement business and they have ALL the same bottles in stock. They probably work in an office for another company during the day. Who knows?

Tip for consumers: Please do not order from them - go to EBAY - I have had excellent luck ordering an old, discontinued cologne when available.

chloeg1
11/2/14

I really want Ralph Lauren hot, but I am scared it will smell nothing like its suppose to now. I don't know what to do. I was reading through all the negative reviews and seem a little confused about the website.

cynthiak4
10/13/14

Although my fragrance did not meet my expectations, the promptness in responding to my request to return and refund the fragrance was excellent.

justh10
10/2/14

I placed an order for ready perfume and this is how it went. i found scent matchers on Google the reviews were very mixed but I really missed the perfume but I decided to order it anyway. The perfume took about a week and Half to arrive and was intact. The bottle was just as the site described and when I went to try it out I was not happy l. I didn't think the perfume smelled like the scent I ordered so immediately emailed the company. The replied back and apologized for the experience and asked me how the could handle it. I told them I just wanted my full refund and I would ship the perfume back at my own expense. I was very surprised when I recieved and email back saying that they would give me my refund it would be processed in about 3-5 days and I keep the perfume. I don't want the perfume nor will I wear it but I just thougt the way the handled it was 100% fantastic. I wish you the scent I ordered smell like ready perfume because I would have gladly done business with them. I would say to anyone who is looking to order from them just have a positive mind set. My perfume wasn't what I wnted but I was promised my full refund and that's just what there website said I somewhat feel bad for the company because I know they lost money.

Tip for consumers: Try to see if the perfume you want to order has been ordered by some else and see how they felt about the smell

ljc
8/5/14

Scent Matchers is a scam. They have a rip off product that they ship to you, and then when you try to get a refund, they claim to have not received the return. I filed a complaint with the United States Postal Inspection Service. They are under review and will be investigated. Please report Scent Matchers to the Postal Inspector and to the Better Business Bureau as a scam company.

leahg3
6/14/14

After a bit of a rocky start with communication, I received the product I had requested -- it turned out to be nearly perfect match to my beloved discontinued Fendi by Fendi. I received it within a week, and I could not be more delighted with the fragrance match. It's probably a 99% match, and quite frankly, I am blown away.

debral10
5/10/14

Thank you all so much for your reviews. I feel like you have saved me money and what I can only predict as massive frustration. My favorite perfume is Botrytis. I have read so many incredible reviews for Escada Collection by Escada, saying that it is even better than Botrytis, but has long since been discontinued. I wanted to try it for myself. Looks like I won't be ordering Scentmatchers EC dupe now. Sad, but better educated now. Again many thanks for your honest reviews.

hollyf4
4/24/14

At this point after viewing all reviews on many different sites, I am beginning to worry that the perfume Longing by Coty is not going to turn out like I am hoping. I placed the order on April 10, 2014, and sent an email as soon as order went through asking if it could be made and delivered by the 18th of April. I received a quick reply saying that a note was added to my order, I had a feeling it was a long shot it would be delivered by the date I needed it as I have purchaced this as a gift for my mom. As I suspected it did not arrive, again I knew it would be a long shot. I have since emailed twice about 3 days apart to check the status of my order and I have not heard back as of yet. It is April 24th. I really hope that this perfume is an exact match of the original longing by Coty as this is the only perfume that did not cause any sort of serious migraine for her. I've read the reviews of perfume smelling the same for many people and with reading this I am trying my hardest to keep my hopes up that this is not going to happen to me. I've also read the reviews saying that returns and refunds take a long time and turn out to be a lot of problems. Again I am trying to keep high hopes. I pray longing by Coty reproduction turns out to be a 100% match.

I plan on keeping this site up to date with the status of my order, as well of any issues I run into "hoping I don't" as well as when it arrives "if it does" how it smells. I'm hoping scent matchers is as reputable as they say and I hope to hear back from them with regards to the status of my order, because I would like to turn out to be one of those extremely satisfied customers.

***UPDATE ***UPDATE ***UPDATE

Update on my earlier post with regards to my order of longing by Coty. As I emailed them today I received an email in return stating that my package was sent out 7 days after I placed my order which is amazing. I was provided with a tracking number tracked the package via USPS and it informed me that my package was in Canada already. I then used the same tracking number and tracked the package on Canada post and they are stating that my package will arrive no later than April 29. I am extremely pleased with regards to the customer service department at scent matchers, they quickly got back to me and provided me with all the information I would need to track my package. Thank you very much for the members of scent matchers for getting my perfume out in amazing time an for giving me the required information for tracking! A+++ for that in my books.

Only thing left to figure out is if it smells exactly like the perfume my mom used to wear because it is a scent she knows very well and one of the very few she can wear. I have my fingers crossed and my hopes are high because scent matchers have been great so far. I will keep the site updated with info on how the perfume smells.

Thanks scent matchers!!!

laceyq
4/7/14

I ordered $90 worth of "Five Star Go Red Perfume" and it smells nothing like the real one. Smells horrible like a VERY STRONG old lady perfume who's also a street walker.. I'm just saying its really really really bad. I just received it today so I want to return it hopefully ill get my money back and not SCAMED. Doesn't smell a thing like it not even close.. Before I ordered I read reviews like u are right now. And I seen a lot of bad reviews but there were a few good ones so I was like ok I'll try it. LISTEN IF U ARE READING THIS TO TRY TO MAKE UP YOUR MIND IF U SHOLD TRY SCENTMATCHERS. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

lauriet5
3/26/14

I ordered a pefume I created ...as in I chose the notes. It smelled awful (I created it though so thats my fault) the perfume lasted ALL day, so they use great ingredients. The bottle was pretty and was sent fast. However, I tried to contact them to try again because the smell was gross. I was asking if they had record of the order so I wouldnt make the same mistake twice. The response I got had nothing to do with my order or ingredients, basically ignored my question. Lame. And that sucks because I know its good quality. I also searched on Fragrance social site and no one had a good thing to say about the customer service. A few tweeks I am sure it would be good. Jennifer (the rep responding on here).... She is accusing people of making up several accounts. Defensive is not service. It can be possible people do not like your product. Ignoring the issue seems to be company wide though. Plus scentmatchers is in Gaylord Mi. Not Beverly Hills Ca. Huge difference.

sharonh25
3/10/14

Wow, I can't get over all the negative reviews as my experience was quite positive.
I ordered Fendi and was so pleased with their reproduction. I still had some original Fendi lotion and the scent was right on! Wearing my new Fendi fragrance was like taking a trip back in time.
Thank you ScentMatchers.
Sherry

elizabethw25
3/1/14

Smells like..... FAILURE. Bought a 'scent', it was nothing similar to what i wanted. Not even close. It was worse than anything i have ever ever ever smelled. made me sick even. So sad. if they couldn't replicate my discontinued perfume, they could have called to say so, not send me the garbage they sent.
so disappointing.

danielf33
2/25/14

Terrible! Scent was not even close to what was promised. Tried to return and did not honor their return policy. Customer service rep was snarky, sarcastic and rude. This site is a scam. Sounds to good to be true and is. STAY AWAY

annah43
2/24/14

I purchased a scent from Scentmatchers. It did not smell right. I sent it back within the time frame of the return policy. The customer service agent Jennifer Monroe wrote back and refunded but basically emailed back with a sarcastic, snarky, unprofessional response. While she has a tough job dealing with an undoubtedly endless flow of unsatisfied customers and a crappy product, It is obvious from other reviews that Ms Monroe would probably be better off and happier in a different job. Please do not purchase from this company. You will likely find yourself sending the scent back and having to correspond with her. I wish I had looked up reviews prior to handing money over. It is a testament to how strongly I feel about the poor customer service that I joined this website to write about it.

fb6
2/20/14

and they use the worst business practices, they steal images from other sites, which is illegal, intellectual property theft!, to advertise their own products
Google should pull ALL their ads.
their products are terrible. just commercial oils that can be bought from any perfume oil distributor mixed with other ingredients.. nothing special about them.. very hit or miss.

sherryr4
2/18/14

this company has the worst customer service I've ever experienced. they are down right rude. I asked a few questions about how this worked and was told they weren't interesting in "taking on my project". that was it, no other explanation was offered. I'm like "well, excuse me, sorry I bothered you."

dollyf
2/5/14

I ordered a scent from scent matches in December and upon receipt was unsatisfied with the scent. I returned the product to the company immediately and followed up with an email to ensure delivery. Jennifer, "customer service manager" (a title they use quite lightly) stated she had processed my refund in early January. I explained that the debit card that I had used for the purchase had been canceled, and she assured me it would not be a problem. One month later I still have not received these funds. Upon contacting Jennifer again about this refund I received a scathing email stating she had "no idea why I continued to contact their company about this issue and that the company should not have to pay her to keep repeating herself to me." At this point I will be contacting my banking institution for some resolution. Jennifer needs some serious training in her customer service skills but regardless this is a company who appears to have less than stellar business ethics....steer clear!!!!

mg26
2/1/14

I placed an order for two bottles of Forever Krystle on December 22, 2013. I received the order around January 14, 2014 with the cardboard box partially open and the whole box smelling of perfume. One of the glass bottles has a piece missing out of it. There was hardly any packaging material used during shipment. Both the box and the intact bottle smelled nothing like Forever Krystle. I shipped the items back at my expense using my packaging maternal so the intact bottle wouldn't get broken. The items were received by Scentmasters on January 17, 2014. As of February 1, 2014 I hadn't received a credit for either bottle. After threating to file a dispute with my credit card company Scentmaster customer service manager Jennifer Monroe responded and said a refund was issued and that credit card companies usually give them 30 days to issue a refund. I sent her a response saying my credit card company allows disputes after 15 days and that I thought they were just dragging their feet. Jennifer Monroe responded with a smart remark. DON'T USE SCENTMASTERS !!!!!!!!!!!! THEY DON'T DESERVE OR APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ann-mariec
1/27/14

I ordered New West by Aramis, unfortunately it smells absolutely NOTHING like it should!! Scentmasters have offered a refund if I return it BUT BEWARE no one will ship this from the UK to USA for a reasonable charge. Liquids appear to be prohibited to ship from the UK. Now I am £50 worse off!!

ryans63
1/24/14

Perfect match by Scentmatchers!!!!

I sent Scentmatchers my wife's favorite discontinued perfume in hopes they could match it so I could surprise her on our 5th Wedding Anniversary. Well she was happily shocked and I'm happy with Scentmachers! Happy Wife, Happy Customer :)

barbaras41
1/22/14

Horrible! I ordered a scent by Catherine Denerve circa 1980's. Not EVEN close & was nauseating! I was told to send it back & I would get my $85.00 credited. I returned it and NEVER got any credit! This site is a SCAM! DO NOT, repeat DO NOT order FROM Scentmasters, read ALL of the reviews! BEWARE! They ARE SCAMMERS!

bryanh47
12/18/13

Wonderful Product, Great people. (I had some issue, reading some reviews..NONE with what I ordered/was delivered.) Thanks and Love towards ALL

barbarac25
12/18/13

My experience was POSITIVE!! Specifically, I ordered Borghese XII, fragrance and lotion. It is an excellent reproduction. All of the notes are captured beautifully. The exciting thing for me is that it is bringing me back to the time when I originally wore it, which was a very positive time in my life!! Service was FAST- I couldn't be happier- thank you!!!

janetc17
12/3/13

I am so happy to have found this service. My favorite fragrance was discontined about eight years ago. I was, for a time, able to purchase the fragrance through discounters but the product has been less and less available (Ebay was my last resort). Scentmatchers has reproduced my fragrance perfectly. I love that I can purchase the scented body lotion which I use the most. The presentation is elegant. I am recommending this service to every one I know who longs for that favorite discontinued fragrance.

laceyp2
11/30/13

Scentmatchers is a scam. It couldn't be farther from Beverly Hills. It's located in Gaylord, Michigan. I ordered New West by Aramis. It smells NOTHING like New West. It smells like potpourri a grade schooler would make, which given the false advertising of this company and the scathing reviews I've read about them, my assessment is probably closer to the truth than what we realize.

I contacted the company, and they said "we tried our best in making my scent". I chuckled at this, because their website claims to be able to match 99% of all scents. Again, mine smells like a grade schoolers experiment gone wrong. I have gotten no response from the company on whether they will pay return shipping, which they should, but I took a risk in ordering this so I guess that's my penalty.

I hoped that I'd found a real replica, but sadly I did not. I have some of the original still, but it looks like when it's gone it's gone.

I have not returned my perfume yet, to see if they actually will abide by their refund policy, I'll be contacting my credit card company to ensure they do. I will also be filing with the BBB and the attorney general. If you've been scammed by this company I recommend you do too.

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. IT IS A JOKE. GOOGLE THE REVIEWS.

davidj56
10/11/13

I feel obligued to write my experience, since she was positive.
I was looking for the fragrance which was for more than five years in my life, it is by for men, by dolce & gabanna, because, the company had discontinued.
Then I came to scentmatchers. They promised me a copy of my perfume.
I must admit I was quite skeptical, but decided to try it myself, because the reviews were all (or almost all) negative.
My surprise! I do not say that is 100% accurate, but it comes extremely close to my perfume. I must say that 90%.
But for me, I am, not only pleased, I think to repeat my order in the future.
With me, fulfilled promises, even within delivery time.
Thanks scentmatchers!

paulab12
10/3/13

I ordered a match of New West by Aramis. The scent is not a match. The best I can say is it is vaguely reminiscent of New West, but more masculine. In all fairness New west is borderline to begin with- the original probably could have been marketed as a unisex fragrance, but the match missed the mark and was decidedly manly. I have a bottle of the original discontinued frangrance and side by side they are not even close.

More than just missing the mark on this one scent, there is a noticeable difference in concentration. The scent matchers frangrance is much more dilute than the original- I put one spray of each on opposite wrists- and within an hour the imitation was barely noticeable- you really had to get your face down low and sniff deeply, where the original was noticeable from 12" distance.

The great news is that they do accept returns if you do not like the match. I am about to start the return process now- so if it goes smoothly, which I hope it will, I've gotta stick with an OK rating. If you're up a creek without your favorite discountinued I-cant-live-without-it-scent, I would recommend giving them a shot.

The personalized bottle is a nice touch, I gave it is a gift, to another lover of this discontinued scent and she was really touched by such a personalized thoughtful gift. Had I picked one of the scents they do get right, it would have been a perfect gift.

lisao4
9/9/13

I ordered 'Sheer Scent' by Ultima II - received it and it smells NOTHING like Sheer Scent and in fact smells disgusting. I have only had it in my possession for 20 minutes and have already called and e-mailed them that I want to return it immediately. Hopefully they will stand by their policy and let me do so but after reading some of the other reviews I see what a scam it is and am not holding my breath. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

jang16
6/29/13

I feel obliged to write a positive review of this website. When I wrote to them that I doubted that an order I had placed would meet my expectations they instantly replied politely and voided the charge to my credit card.

cherylw10
6/8/13

I ordered Maroc which has been off the market for years. When I received it, the perfume had broken during shipment, so I had to go to the post office to pick it up. I emailed the company and they responded right away. They politely assured me that they'd send a replacement. It took a couple of weeks, and I had just about given up any hope of getting it, but thankfully, I received it in the mail today. I'm very pleased with the customer service.
The perfume is not exactly like the original but I have to say, they made an honest effort and it's not too far off. You have to consider that they're trying to duplicate the original, so can we really expect the scent to be perfect?
Previously I ordered Maroc and Sweet Intensions from Fragrance.Net. The Maroc smelled horrible and the Sweet Intentions barely had a scent at all. I don't know where they get their perfumes, but I recommend not ordering from them. At least Scentmatchers got it close.

lisat30
5/30/13

I ordered the perfume & body lotion of Tropical Punch by Escada. It was horrible and does not smell anything like the original scent. There's not even a receipt in the box. I emailed them and let them know it's going back right away. Don't waste your money on this site.

susanp22
5/29/13

I ordered Black Cashmere scent from Donna Karan in January 2013. They matched the scent well, but agree with others that within an hour, you smell nothing. Now even when you spray it, there is no scent directly out of the bottle, so the QUALITY is not there and I spent $60 for nothing. Now since it is past 90 days, I am sure I will not get a refund.

sarahb57
4/22/13

I ordered a recreation of Bonne Bell's Skin Cooler, which is an 80s perfume that has long been discontinued. It was a very light, fresh, clean scent that is hard to describe. What came was in a nice engraved bottle, but it smelled of coconut. There was NO coconut in Skin Cooler. This liquid smelled just like when you're on the beach and everybody is using that generic tanning lotion and the whole beach smells like a warm coconut (which I can't stand!).

In looking at the company's policy, they are now saying that you have 90 days to send the product back if you're not satisfied. But what I think is going on here is the company is run by a person/persons who just do not know what they are doing, trying to recreate perfumes. Or they think they know what they are doing, but they don't...or they try hard, but they're simply not good at this and should give it up and take up flower arranging or something. For example, I could never figure out just what Skin Cooler was, even though I liked it so much. Is it a floral? Fruity? Spicy? Woodsy? I've been using it for years, but never examined the issue too closely. I don't know anything about recreating scents, but even I know that perfumes have what they call "top notes," "bottom notes," etc. So I searched on the internet to see what I could find for Skin Cooler. One site listed that it had "top notes of nectarine and fresh cut grass with a heart note of pear blossom; middle notes of jasmine, bamboo, and white rose." Now I could see why I liked it so much, as those are all scents that I like, with nothing stinky, spicy, or overbearing.

Now, if you claimed that you could recreate a scent, don't you think that you'd have access to some "master book" that listed all these notes for every perfume that was ever manufactured? And if you had access to the book, why the heck would you throw coconut in there? Unless you didn't have access to some master list of exactly what the scent consisted of, and maybe you just threw salt over your shoulder or used a dartboard or something. That's called "guessing." So whoever is recreating these scents seems to know little to nothing about how to recreate them, and is just winging it. That's why most of them come out horrible.

So my conclusion is that we don't have here a case of somebody being negligent or malicious and recreating these god-awful scents. We have a case of somebody who doesn't know what the heck they are doing. Maybe they should have apprenticed with a master scent re-creater or educated themself, but they didn't and the end result is this incompetence. Even if you have a list of all the notes, it's up to the re-creater to put them in the proper proportions, which is probably something that you can get good at only with a lot of practice and a very good nose. My advice is to stay away from this company until they can improve their service and actually offer what they claim to offer.

ryanw15
4/19/13

I have to say that I had a good experience with it. I certainly understand and believe all the other reviews, but here was my experience:

Remembered favorite cologne in college was Escada Magnetism
Found out no longer available and super expensive
Bought scentmatchers version
Hated myself for not reading reviews first and shrugged shoulders having wasted 50 bucks.
Forgot about it and one week later its in my mailbox- near perfect as far as I can tell.

So again not disputing others' experiences at all, but if you're looking for a cheap alternative to 200 dollar escada magnetism, I say go for it.

edithf4
3/20/13

This company claims to be able to reproduce my favorite scent which is the scent of Coty Wild Musk Oil. The scent I received was total crap. It was floral and citrus, and no musk at all. I am sending it back and had better receive a refund!

Edited To Add....when I emailed the company, they replied with an address and Return Authorization number, and after sending the product back, they very quickly refunded my purchase price. So, that was good. All-in-all though, I would not deal with this company again. Even if I was only out a few bucks for shipping, the aggravation time was not worth it. Beware of this company!!!!

shelbye1
1/11/13

The scent did not smell anything like the original perfume. Could not speak to someone directly about returning the purchase. Even though I included the persons information they would not process the return because HE was not the one emailing and asking the questions about the return. The person returning the email was seemed rude. Never again will I purchase from this company. It is not worth the BS you go through with the WRONG fragrance.

markp26
9/13/12

I received this cologne as a birthday gift. What a disappointment!! It was supposed to be Aramis Chromatics - That great scent I wore in the 70's. NOT EVEN CLOSE!! It smells exactly like baby powder. Another reviewer also pointed this out. I picture the proprietors of this website with a big industrial drum of baby powder scented perfume and filling up bottles and mailing them out and chuckling all the way to the bank!! Any positive reviews must be bogus! STAY AWAY - Keep your money!!

phoebea
8/20/12

They did NOT perfectly match a scent, and never responded to any of my several voicemail messages or subsequent emails. The lotion they used was cheap lotion too, not moisturizing at all. Stay away from this deceiptful, cheap company is my advice.

katherinet3
4/24/12

I wish I had looked at the reviews ahead of time, but I am SORELY DISAPPOINTED! I paid almost $80 for a scent match of Ananya perfume (and matching lotion), and neither smelled like Ananya. The QUALITY of ingredients they use is SO POOR, and the scent would last for MAYBE 5 minutes, then it would disappear completely. I can't send it back of course because I have had it for more than 30 days; I kept it only because I wanted desperately to be wrong about the scent...but I was only fooling myself. My sister is also a die-hard fan of Ananya, and she even said she did not like the scent at all. It is going in the trash. DO NOT SPEND GOOD MONEY ON SCENTMATCHERS PRODUCTS--THEY ARE CHEAP AND POOR OF QUALITY.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the ScentMatchers staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: need some communication for scent i ordered on may 20th. got thaqnk you for order-when should i expect this??? transaction-4390151145. plan to cancel if i do not hear from u within 24 hours
5/22/12
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the ScentMatchers staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?