US Government's NSF

Recovery-disks reviews

5 Reviews for Recovery-disks.com

▼ Sort by: recent

4/12/13

I ordered a restore disk set for a Dell Latitude computer on March 3rd. 2013 - It was $50 or thereabouts. I made sure to read over their terms and conditions because of the complaints I had read about these guys. When they claimed it would take 12 business days for my disk to arrive, I was a little apprehensive to order, but because I couldn't get them anywhere else, I went ahead and did so anyway.

I was pleasantly surprised when my disk set was delivered to me on Wednesday the 6th. It only took two days for the discs to arrive. I believe this is because of how close I was to these guys.

**Update - installing the disks went just as planned. Utilized the included instructions, took about 2 hours from start to finish. Computer works just as it did when I bought it 5 years ago. Will recommend them to others in need of restore media for their computers. Some of these reviews had me worried, but my experience totally differs. Cheers!

1/21/13

My computer was dead and I needed to revive the computer to its original state. The disks provided by recoverydisks.com worked perfectly once I followed the directions. I would certainly like to recommed this company for its service. Other companies were considered other providers but this was the best in my opinion.

1/3/12

Ill start by saying that Recovery-Disks.com offered me 30% off to review their service from beginning to end. They asked me to be honest in my review of their services and I would receive the discount off my next order.

I found recovery-disks.com by google searching for a recovery disc for my machine. When I got to the website, I noticed that it is professionally done albeit somewhat hard to read because of the contrasting colors, I was still able to navigate around it.

I did some research on them and found this website. While I was hesitant to order, I placed the order anyway. It looks like they've been in business for a long time, and when you're one of the only companies that offers this service, I'm sure they receive a lot of orders, and being in the industry, I know its difficult to keep people happy. I placed the order and hoped for the best.

The order arrived 6 days after I placed it (4 business days.)

I received the tracking number and invoice in my email inbox. It did go to the SPAM folder so I had to retrieve it from there.

After using the product, the computer is recovered back to the way it should be. I used the product key sticker on the machine to activate it. Some of you state that it didn't have this, but in their FAQ it shows that you are required to have it and its a sticker on the machine itself. If you don't have that, you probably shouldn't order because you might need it to activate your machine.

Those of you getting not authentic copies, need to use your key to activate windows properly.

So, all in all, I'm a happy camper and will be placing another order soon. I own a local repair shop and need these to repair my customers computers on occasion.

Also -- As the owner of a local repair shop, I will say, its not easy to use these discs. There is a reason you pay a computer repair shop a fee to fix your machine. We go through years of schooling to learn how to do this properly. If you aren't able to follow the directions included with the discs, don't expect them to work. You need to have a decent understanding of the English language and some ability to work on computers. After reading some of these reviews, it seems that some of you need to take the discs and the computer to a shop to have it repaired and installed properly.

I will give them 4 stars. Minused one star for ease of use of the website.

6/16/11

I think this place went out of business or something.

After nearly a week, my order didn't get processed and the company NEVER returned any calls/emails.

I ended up having to dispute the charges through my bank.
AVOID!

2/20/11

Found the sites link on another site, the site has lots of brand listed on the site and the service is pretty good.

The Best Online Storage Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber