US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

rachela6

I don't know what happened but apparently they now have a customer service phone line. (in 52 reviews)

stephaniet12

I have been 100% satisfied every time I order from Rave Ready! (in 99 reviews)

seank24

Overall, everything from the shipping support to customer support have been fantastic. (in 9 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

kellyb125
2/5/16

Considering the fact that this site has the best rave wear, it's worth ordering from them to get something no one else has. That being said, you're going to want to place your order a good 2 months before you need it. It's worth the wait. Alexia from customer service is really helpful. I'm happy with my light up outfit!

donaldm67
2/3/16

Made a order on DEC 18 2015. It's now Feb 3 2016. Still nothing. Do not order anything from Them. Grant waste of money!!!!!!!

lindseyk17
1/15/16

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!
It has been almost two months now since I placed my order and I have still not received my item. However, they gladly took the money out of my account the next day. I have been emailing them almost every day and called the customer service line but never got any reply or answers. THIS IS A HUGE SCAM.

stephiel
1/4/16

I ordered something a month ago for an even for my birthday this weekend. Hasnt ahipped no answer to emails or phone calls. They can sure ass hell deduct the money from my bank account fast but cant $#*!ing return my email. Opening a dispute with my bank today because this is ridiculous.

dales45
12/20/15

How anyone could give them 5 stars is WAY beyond me, unless they just recently started providing people with ripoffs. I ordered two items from them THREE WEEKS ago for Christmas (in 5 days) and NOTHING. No shipping confirmation, no answer to THREE emails.

Buy better stuff off Amazon...unless you love getting robbed.

jaimes24
11/29/15

If I could give them a zero I would. Never have I had such a terrible customer experience. Placed my order a month before Halloween, and still to this moment have not received my item, reason for not receiving it, or a refund. Terrible terrible terrible...

ericr59
11/19/15

Ordered gloves almost a year ago and got 3 different excuses as to why I haven't received them. Still have yet to receive a simple pair of led gloves, total BS site and I recommend anyone to look elsewhere.

alexish24
11/17/15

I urge all of you to look and read the reviews before you buy. This site is a complete SCAM. If you have placed an order with them I urge you to contact your credit card company asap try getting your money back. I placed on order on 10/01/15 in hopes of getting it before halloween... It is now 11/17/15!!!. Still no word back or answers to calls, or any attempt to try to contact otherwise.

jadeg6
11/16/15

I ordered from them in January of 2015. I attempted to return the item that I ordered 7 times. I sent 7 emails to the customer service rep that had emailed me prior. I called their phone number twice. No answer and suddenly emails stopped. I filed with the BBB and they told me to attempt to return my item again 10 MONTHS LATER. LACK OF ANY CUSTOMER SERVICE. MY ISSUE WAS NEVER RESOLVED. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!!

Tip for consumers: Don't do it!

leial1
11/11/15

I placed an order on 9/10/15, it is now 11/11/15 and I haven't received a thing. I have emailed and called them numerous times, but their customer service is nonexistent. I have tried getting in contact with them publicly over social media, but all attempts just get deleted or they make a phony response saying they'll contact me or that I should message them, but I never get a response. I have filed complaints with the FTC and am posting reviews anywhere I can so that no one else gets screwed by them. And also hopefully their atrocious customer service will take notice and return my money! I'm so sorry to everyone else that got screwed by this joke of a company.

alynp
11/6/15

Ordered 10/1/15 and after 3 weeks emailed my concerns to the "fast response email line Support@raveready.com. $ emails later and no response. Spent 15 Minutes of my lunch re-calling because the automated service drops you saying all reps are busy, call back or email. Already tried, imagine that.

Also found that if when asked to dial an extension, 102 or 103 got me to a voicemail, which I will continue to call until I can get a verification of my cancelled order as I requested in the voicemail I left for "raymond" if that is a real person.

35 days without a response, stay far away. The person(s) running the instagram will also remove you comments pertaining to where your order is as well, and not respond on there either. They can run, but can't hide.

neikak
10/30/15

I ordered a $90 set of poi a month ago and havent received anything. Customer service is a joke and wont answer my multiple calls/emails. $#*! them. someone sue them

kaylac11
10/21/15

Placed an order on the 15th for something I need for this weekend the 24th, more then enough time to process and ship my item. They had no problem taking my funds out the next day on the 16th but are somehow still "processing my order". How did I have enough time to order from a different company two days ago and they have already processed, shipped, and it will be delivered TOMORROW! I cant even get ahold of the fake customer service line to cancel my order so I had to file a claim with my bank. The customer service line doesn't even let you hold for a rep, they just say they are all "busy" and to call back or email. I've been calling and emailing since the 16th, no response yet, company is a JOKE. IF YOU HAVE READ A POSITIVE REVIEW ABOUT THIS COMPANY MAKE SURE ITS A REAL PROFILE.

terrahjadeh
10/19/15

I placed an order on Oct. 6th. I received a order confirmation but have yet to receive anything in regards to shipment. I replied to the email in hopes that they would respond quickly however they did not. I went to their website and sent a concerned email through their contact form. Same day I called their customer service line to discover that they are too busy to answer calls at that time. I waited through the weekend and called again this morning to receive the same message two different times. I emailed them again on the form and my personal email address and still nothing!!!!!! I have began my review process and will be reporting them to the better business bureau by end of day if I get no response. I will be contacting Paypal to try and get a refund on the purchase but the hassle of this order has been the worst online shopping experience I have had!

dustino4
10/14/15

My girlfriend had bought me the OSM glove set off of raveready.com as a birthday gift. One at a time the chips stopped working. I emailed them days ago and been calling their customers service number for 3 days already and every time it always says its busy (since theirs no call waiting it just hangs up which is so stupid) i keep calling every 30 mins sometimes even more and still cant get through. I keep checking their live chat and i never seen anyone on. Im not trying to get stuck with a new product that doesnt even work. As much as i want the OSM chips i dont think i want to have to go through this headache ever again.

julias48
10/7/15

The 110% price match guarantee is only valid if it's convenient for them. It's completely fake. I found a pair of boots for significantly cheaper on a completely legitimate site. So, I thought, This is a perfect opportunity to use the price match to my advantage.
I was on hold for over a month.
I ended up losing the first deal, because they had me waiting so long on a response.
I emailed them, and after 2 weeks, I called. The line is conveniently ALWAYS busy. So I message them on facebook, with no response.
FINALLY, after over MONTH. I ask publicly in the comments for a response, which is quickly deleted. They delete all their negative reviews!
This website is completely unprofessional, and rude. Not worth your time.

In Reply:
First off, regardless if that was true, it's only professional to reply. You're customer service is a joke. But god forbid someone leaves a review you can't just delete, that got your attention pretty quickly.

Secondly, Read your 110% price match guarantee. There are literally no specifications, so if you're going to have rules on it. Specify, because that deal, was a complete option to me, I happen to be a member of the website (which is free for 3 months which was included in a screenshot.), due to your laughable customer service. I could not even get a response on whether to take the offer presented to me until it was too late.

"Appeared" is also a ridiculous word to just throw in there, considering it comes off as if that's not the actual price or something.
that was really special of you.

And dupping? The only people "dupping" are the ones who have an F rating by the BBB and 48 complaints filed against them.

morgans32
9/21/15

Ray at RaveReady is AWESOME. Speedy response time and very efficient in how they operate. Great experience, and great lights! The shipping notifications were quick and personal, and any issues I've seen anyone experience are quickly alleviated online. Great work!

tiac7
9/17/15

Absolutley love them! The order took a week longer than I had anticipated, but made no dent in my satisfaction. The black cubby boots are beautiful in design comfortable and leave plenty of space in the front for my toes when I dance, the fur although synthetic feels like real rabbit fur. I can't wait to stomp around in these. <3

judyo6
9/9/15

I placed an order on 7/16, it is now 9/9 and I have received nothing. After 1 month I contacted them asking about the order. The holdup was a shirt that was out of stock that would arrive in 1week...2 more weeks pass and I have to contact them again, still no shirt. Another week goes by still nothing. I ask to have the other items on my Oder shipped, not to wait for the shirt. Nothing has shipped and they are not responding to my emails...This was my first order and will definitely be my last.

Tip for consumers: If you need the items sometime this year shop elsewhere

alecj3
9/2/15

These gloves are only limited to the imagination of the user. Only problem is it takes a while to understand fully how to program them.

seank24
8/31/15

Overall, everything from the shipping support to customer support have been fantastic. When a problem came up I could easily depend on a quick response and quick solutions. It was a bit rocky when I first got my OSMxyz set, but the great customer support definitely made my first experience with RaveReady one to remember. Hope to continue getting great service.

brenndant
8/27/15

Amazing chip that grows with you unlike anything else on the market truly a unique experience

oscara16
8/26/15

I love my OSM's! (XYZ) I haven't been this excited for new lights in years and I haven't stopped playing with them since I got them. Being able to code them to my liking is absolutely wonderful. I love the options I have like having multiple color pallets and primes and such. Overall they're definitely worth the buy and I'd recommend then to everyone.

milesi
8/26/15

The OSMs I ordered through rave ready have been superb so far. Any questions I have had since ordering have been answered quickly by Raymond Stone with no hassle on my end.

josephs112
8/26/15

awesome product, great service. helpful and interactive costumer service. i am very happy with the quality of the product as well :) !

tuanm2
8/26/15

RaveReady was extremely fast in getting my order shipped and was very prompt to respond to any questions I had.

brw2
8/26/15

I've ordered a few things from Kickstarter and the OSM micro lights have made it to me the smoothest. I had no issues with shipping and getting a tracking number helps me know when to expect it. The customer service seemed on point. Users in the Facebook group that had issues seemed to get prompt help. These guys are even helping out with tech support squishing the bugs in the software with the developer.

daryv
8/26/15

I'm very satisfied with the OSM and the community for always being on point with their update release and keeping me in the loop for the status of my order throughout the development process until it was in my hand.

laurag58
8/26/15

They fulfilled my order correctly. While there were some delays, they have been keeping everyone updated and very responsive in the community. The personal touch makes a difference

rositar
8/25/15

I ordered a shirt a month ago and never received anything ! Lost $60 and no one answers the costumer service or emails!! $#*! this website.

anthonym117
8/24/15

I ordered the OSMxyz back when the kickstarter campaign was started, and was initially unsure how the lights would work and of they would truly be the last microlight I would ever need. And although it took a bit longer than expected to receive my lights, when I did get them I was blown away. The colors are very vibrant, the accelerometers respond well, and even the default modes are incredible. And the programmer, what sets these lights apart from others, gives me a level of customization I didn't even think possible. The only reason I gave this product 4 is because one of my lights did not work when I received it, and because of the already late delivery I was not able to get a replacement in time for a music festival. Even so,customer service, namely Raymond from Raveready, was very nice, accommodating, and quick to respond. Overall, the OSMxyz is a great product with a very dedicated team behind it.

jamesm302
8/18/15

OSM has helped me understand that i am capable of microlight coding.
OSM is with me every step of they way to help me customize my lights.
Between the Groups, Forums and Tutorials I feel confident in learning every
aspect of OSM NEO .
If i did not have access to the code in OSM I will still say that this is my "FAVORITE" light I've owned with the stock modes straight out of the package.
Thank you OSM I hope you have a very long journey and that I'm there to enjoy the progress with you-
-James Mort

jordanr28
8/17/15

Great item but of course there are some kinks that need to be worked out, love my gloves and the ability to create my own setups but batteries died after 2 days :/

haydeny2
8/17/15

I would highly recommend this company, their customer service is fast and reliable. I emailed customer service about a hole in one of the gloves I received and I got a reply within an hour. They shipped out a new pair of gloves when they were back in stock with a shipping number included. They were also very helpful with installing the OSM and with any shipping problems I had. I will definitely continue buying from this website.

bunnyb2
8/15/15

I like buying fluffies from RaveReady and have 3 pairs from them. The fur is nice. The only problem is the spandex they use for the bands. One of my pairs the bands are really small and I had a problem wearing them. Another pair had two different sizes bands and one was very tight while the other was perfect. On my third pair they were too big. I am more likely to buy from Etsy sellers for fluffies in the future because some sellers ask for your calf measurement while on RaveReady there is no option for that. The prices are fair for fluffies as well. I also bought some bottoms from them I and won't do that again. The crotch portion barely covered my bikini area and I was a bit worried about...uh...falling out of one side or the other. They fit fine in the hips but the crotch was pretty skinny. Processing and shipping takes a little longer than I like, but I am sure they have a ton of orders to process daily.

shaunp10
8/15/15

They got it right. Being held behind by chips is the past, being able to do ANYTHING is now! Can't wait to mess around with these chips some more!

andrews146
8/15/15

Prior to purchasing the Open Source Microlight (or OSM) I envisioned a light with endless possibilities. After receiving my OSM, I truly believe I will never need to purchase another light again....to bad I can't get back that $800+ I spent on microlights already :'(

rubend20
8/15/15

I'll be honest, I do not know a lot about coding. But I do like the idea of having complete control over how my electronics work, even if I don't exercise that control. That's why I don't go for Apple products and that's why I went for the OSM.

That said, there is a lot of helpful information on how to use these things and I'm really grateful for that. If you don't know what you're doing there are tutorials and videos and the help center and the facebook group of everyone also figuring it out. Not to mention the updating nature of having them be open source.

Out of the box I enjoy playing with these things. It's pretty great overall.
Nice bright lights, came with diffusers,

Cons:
The programmer is kind of barebones, its wrapped in tape. The industrial design on that could be a little better. But it's not something that's going to effect your show.

The find the large gloves to be on the small side, with a lot of webbing. I didn't see an actual size designation on the packaging so I'm not entirely sure if I actually got large gloves. Also they were a little dirty with black lines on them. Not a big deal, but they were.

bl1135
8/14/15

I ordered a pair of fluffies back in may and never received them.
After I e-mailed them to check on the order, it was removed by the company from my order history. I have filed a complaint with the BBB in an attempt to get my money back. Customer service is non existent. Even when you do get an email back it's wishy washy and doesn't answer any question.
I wish I could give this sham of a "company" negative 5 stars because I would without a second thought.
Save yourself the headache. Any good review of this place is definitely fake.
I've noticed that all of the positive reviews say the opposite of every complaint I've ever seen in regards to raveready.

Tip for consumers: just dont do it.

henryq4
8/13/15

Almost any RGB colors you want that can be programmed on the chips! YES PLEASE! Of course, the program cannot handle like 12.8 million color choices like those RGB keyboards out there, but I think in due time, it would be able to. Since it'll all in the programming and that has been updated like 3-4 times already in the short span that I have had my chips. I think they are doing an amazing job interacting with the customers on facebook page and helping anyone and everyone! I personally haven't posted any questions on there, but reading other peoples questions (usually the same as mine) I was able to fix many problems.

elizabethl37
8/13/15

I'm relatively new to gloving and a complete beginner at programming so buying the OSMs was like jumping into the deep end with no preparation. I understood the potential that they have so I decided it was worth the risk of eternal confusion and struggle. But since I've received them I've been continually amazed at everything I can do. When the Kickstarter finally went through I received my tracking number and shortly after got my OSMs in the mail, yay! The OSMs are very user friendly and the community that supports them will help you in every way they can. If you post an issue on the osmModeSwap Facebook group you'll have ten responses in an hour. When I first got my OSMs I was having installation issues and someone from the community took the time to walk me through it. I haven't had any other hardware/programming issues since so I haven't used the official file-a-ticket thing yet. As more kinks are ironed out I'm excited to see where OSMs are going and I'm glad knowing there is a great customer support team waiting to help us. I recommend these lights to anyone who has the patience to watch videos and ask for help about programming, because just knowing the basics unlocks a lot of possibilities.

davidt120
8/13/15

Some shipping delay, but was sent continual and detailed updates about the situation.

overall great experience

nashia
8/13/15

I like the idea of it, but there aren't very many codes for me to use right now so it'll take me awhile. Pretty rad though!

kylec28
8/13/15

When I bought my OSMs (originally in the kickstarter) I had only ever bought from Emazing, I hadn't even heard of RaveReady. But now that I have used RaveReady I don't know if I want to go back. Huge shoutout to Raymond Stone, for always just being a single message away, and helping me out when I was sent one less light than I ordered. The customer service at this company is pretty outstanding I love it :)

kylej22
8/11/15

My experience with Rave Ready before I purchased the OSM's was a Reddit thread on /r/aves telling stories about how awful the company was, particularly in customer support.

Dunno what they were talking about because I have nothing but praise for everything they have done throughout the shipping and support process. Every issue I've had, has been addressed, and it's really great to have them promptly reply. OSM is obviously so new and was going to run into issues, but having the support team (particularly Raymond) they have, all issues are being addressed and solutions are being provided in a timely fashion.

I will definitely be looking towards Rave Ready when I purchase gloving refreshes and accessories from now on.

keithy3
8/11/15

The guys over at raveready really know what customer service is all about. The shipping for the osm's took a bit longer than was projected initially, but they were present during the entire wait time and kept us, customers, up to date. Installation of osm was a bit of a mess initially, but as with the shipping issue, they were there for support and feedback all throughout. And they continue to do so via the OSM mode swap fb group. Great job guys, and I'll definitely be coming back.

neilm38
8/11/15

With OSMs you can truly recreate any mode found on any other chip out there, or create your own. The NEO code is pretty intuitive and programming using arduino is simple enough.

I'm not a huge fan of the rubber casings that came with the chips, they are a little uncomfortable until you get used to them. Sites like KandeKreations will also have their own casings coming out soon and those should be a little better.

There are some bugs found here and there but they are all software bugs and the creator (Ramiro) works diligently to solve issues and provide updated code!

delee1
8/11/15

I really didn't think this was possible but it came to be, i have busy with this product and i can't put it down

kiraw1
8/10/15

I got the OSM from them and they have been very helpful through the whole process of coding and what not. They are fabulous for making OSM!

erics102
8/10/15

These lights are great! Editing and programming the chips is really quite simple and the 12 default modes are amazing!

4 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the RaveReady staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
9/9/15
Answer
jareds17
A: Hi, we are all in the same boat. Take whatever legal action you can.
I'm doing my best to try to take them down, it makes me sick how they're taking advantage of all of us and screwing us over.
Go to your bank, legal advisor, lawyer, anything.
Call them out on social media.
Call your credit card and submit a fraud claim.

We have to work together to be noticed!
9/11/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
9/8/15
Answer
rositar
A: I never received my order after 2 months !
9/8/15