US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Business

Raise.com reviews

•  Email business  •  Phone: 888-578-8422
New customers: $5 off $75 with promo code SJ75.
Claim Deal
Review of Raise.com

Raise.com reviews

71%
11 East Madison St, Fourth Floor
Chicago, IL 60602, USA
Tel: 888-578-8422
support@raise.com
New customers: $5 off $75 with promo code SJ75.
Claim Deal

People interested in Raise.com are also interested in:

Write Review

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

michaelc126

I contacted Raise Customer Service and notified them of the problem. (in 52 reviews)

laceyj

(First time I ordered a Chipotle gift card, which we received but went inactive after 4 times of using it. (in 91 reviews)

satishb1

Customer support is not that great , at-least not customer friendly. (in 10 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

robinm62
8/3/15

I have purchase 4 gift cards from Raise; 2 $25 Chili gift cards - no problem. A $100 Steak n Shake gift card - haven't tried it yet but I'm concerned because I tried to redeem a 4th gift card today at J. Alexander's ($30) and was told it showed a zero balance. I called Raise.com. Spent more than 20 minutes waiting to find out that they would have to "escalate it". Exactly what I feared would happen. No offer of an immediate credit or any compensation for my inconvenience...simply not worth the risk for the time involved and the minimal savings. Wish I could get my money back for the $100 Steak n Shake card....will hold my breath and try to redeem ASAP and will definitely not be using this service again!

jr126
8/3/15

i purchased a $100 gift card at burger king. i was able to use the voucher and the cashier tells me my current balance. however, when i looked at my credit card, i got charged for the same items i bought. so basically, i was being charged twice for the same item. this make sense now why raised.com wanted you to call them for your personal info after making the sale of the card through their website. i would not recommend purchasing from the website. i tried calling raised.com customer service and it tells me is, i am caller # 4. after 2 minutes waiting, i am caller # 7. so basically they just keep bouncing you around. hopefully, my bank of america credit can help me file the dispute.

danz7
8/2/15

i found Raise at the early stages of their launch and ive been a fan ever since. With over $4000 in purchases and tons of referrals, i love saving money and getting what i need.

i don't tell too many people due to the competition factor... lol

keep up the great work...

rachelb56
8/1/15

I had a Positive Experience buying ecard & calling company!

I am new to buying %off gift cards online. I just made my 2nd purchase, my 1st from Raise: an ecard from Home Depot ($50 for $46.25).
The sign up was super easy & I got an email immediately that my ecard was ready to use! (which I did)
The only glitch was the next day, I got an email asking if I wanted to buy the Home Depot gift card left in my cart. ??? This was a chance to call customer service (not all of these companies have phone #s).
I called during a weekday at 2:30, was told I was 5th in line, then waited 5 minutes & got a rep.

*Cons?:
Perhaps the sign up to create a new account is too easy. I was not asked to enter either my email address or password twice, although you can choose to show your password as you type it. I was not even sent an email link to complete sign up. So I logged out then logged back in myself before I bought something I could not get access to.

I was not required to call to verify I was a real person as reported in another review.

sherryw9
8/1/15

Tiffani is very patience, she is very helpful providing professional service. Thank you for everything Tiffani !

irfant
8/1/15

I had accidentally ordered the wrong gift cards as they were not actually gift cards, but redeemable tickets to six flags. I reached out to Raise and they handled my matter within minutes. They offered a refund and have kept me informed throughout the whole process. A+++++

anastasiav1
7/30/15

I was buying cards from for a while. But recently back to back purchases were with 0 or couple $ balance cards instead of purchased amount . It takes the weeks!! To review the problem and then issue a refund! Those were gifts, so now I have to wait for 2 weeks to get the money back to get the something else! I don't think I will be using their services any more.

jessican22
7/29/15

Spent $200 on an e card. Waited over 30 hrs, never received and email with the code, but yet they processed our Credit Card just fine. Filed a complaint. After another 20 hrs later they just canceled our transaction. "Your order was canceled" was what the emailed said. Really, that's it? We were going to buy a closet system from the Container Store and organize. Spent the whole weekend waiting for a ecard. Wish I would have skipped trying to buy from raise.com. The money I would have saved wasn't worth the trouble and waiting. Customer Service didn't even try to apologize or give us a discount off a different card. Wouldn't recommend unless you like to waste your time.

rashids
7/27/15

Had a great experience. April was just fabulous, at a scale of 1 to 10 I will give 20 for her customer service.

elliek18
7/27/15

great idea but terrible customer service, terrible website and the worst way to execute this great idea i've ever seen

hopen2
7/25/15

Received a bulk order of cards from my job and I have found raise to be fast professional and reliable. I have used Card Pool. They took forever, GiftCardRescue is crap, and GiftCard Zen seems to be just as bad. If you want to sell your cards I highly recommend Raise.com!

shawnm51
7/25/15

I love the ability to purchase gift cards at the places I shop for a discount. In the unlikely even that something does go wrong with an order I like knowing that the experience I had proves that they take customer service seriously. (Thanks Jenny)

stephaniquej
7/24/15

she was very nice and answered all of my questions! Great job!

ilenem
7/24/15

I have been using Raise for about the past the 2 mths or so , maybe longer. I have NOT ONE COMPLAINT!! Each time I do need to contact them , they reply in a timely manner as they state on there website. I have to give two THUMBS UP to Jenny the csr that helped me yesterday, she is a exceptional employee...

aaronm69
7/22/15

I have sold and bought a few cards here good buisnesses

carola47
7/22/15

On several occasions I have had to call Raise for assistance with my card purchases. EVERY time I've called I've received a very friendly, competent, intelligent and outgoing representative! I can't say enough about how great they are!

cathyl29
7/20/15

Your rep Peggy was very helpful when I called about the electronic gift cards I had purchased online. I appreciate your prompt response and resolving the problem.

mairec1
7/17/15

I bought 5 gift cards to the Pottery Barn and Pottery Barn kids for a furniture purchase. I was scared at first because my credit card was declined and had to call my bank to say the purchase was ok. Then, as a 1st time customer I had to call raise.com for a verification process. I was on the phone with raise.com for 19 minutes. Was the 40 minute process worth it,... yes! It was because I saved $66.26! I will come back because next time there is not a verification process.

davef27
7/16/15

Bought two gift cards for a high dollar Home Depot purchase and Raise cancelled the transaction. I used a $5 off for new accounts coupon code and they cancelled as another person at the same address had an account. Don't they know that multiple people live in a house or property. Used Paypal and Home Depot directly for purchase. Raise CS promised to stop sending me solicitation emails but they have not. If you like SPAM, the 5-8% off might be worth it.

michaelg140
7/14/15

Shipping is fast and customer service is beyond great.

kristyn12
7/12/15

I've purchased a couple gift cards from raise and never had a problem that's not resolved. VERY PLEASED. I'll be back!

williel10
7/11/15

Checked to see if any offers were available to first time users and April did a fantastic job helping me out!

damard
7/10/15

Raise.com asks too much personal information.. they might even ask your driving license, passport, SSN.. beware.....

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY...........

satishb1
7/4/15

Had issues with placing an order for Home depot gift card of worth $1100. Customer support is not that great , at-least not customer friendly. Need to send ID proofs & multiple follow ups are required to process an order. Some folks in customer support are adamant & arrogant as well. Raise need to take some action against them to get to 5 stars.

andrewg62
7/3/15

I've used Raise for basically permanent discounts on coffee (Starbucks cards), media (iTunes cards), and--most valuably--home improvement (Home Depot cards). I've bought thousands of dollars worth of HD cards at an 8-10% discount. My basement remodel is much cheaper as a result...

Had only one problem with a gift card from a retail store, but Raise refunded me almost immediately.

Highly recommend.

bille13
6/25/15

Holly was FANTASTIC. She did a super job taking care of my challenges and everything got handled professionally and in a most timely fashion. Holly is truly one of the best customer care reps I have ever experienced and I have experienced hundreds throughout the years. She truly is the BEST!!

guoqiangh
6/18/15

Holly is very helpful, thank her

edinb1
6/16/15

I misplaced a gift card with a hefty balance. Peggy not only put me at ease and assured that we would find a resolution but she was so kind and courteous throughout the whole process. I strongly believe that Raise will continue their growing success because of reps like Peggy!

davidc217
6/14/15

Jenny, was able to quickly assist me in getting to the bottom of the issue.

nancyi10
6/13/15

I had a gift card that I purchased from Raise for Claim Jumper and when I went to use it I was told it failed. I contacted Finn at Raise and he said to give it a try one more time and if it doesn't work, I can get my money back. I tried again and it worked! Thanks Finn.

jg58
6/12/15

Bought an egift card with this site and about 12 hours later they sent an email to call their number. I'm assuming this was to verify the purchase since I'm a first time buyer, which is fine, I've had places do that before, but I was waiting on the phone for over 30 minutes (being the 7th customer "in line) to speak to anyone only to be hung up on. When I called back, it pushed me back to 11th in line. I do not have hours of time to be wasting on the phone playing games and I bet not many people do either. Stay away from these people, their call center is atrocious. The hassle isn't worth the buck or two you save.

courtneyb35
6/7/15

I am very pleased with my Raise.com experience. I had a question for customer service and they quickly responded to me. I will be using them again.

andreh7
6/6/15

RAISE a SCAM? Run Run Run!!! This company has to be the worse at customer service and satisfaction in the history of customer service. I ordered a Zales voucher for my wife's approaching birthday. I had to deal with the suspicious support team at RAISE. I received an email telling me that due to the expense of the order I had to go through verification. I was asked four personal questions about former addresses and such which I answered correctly including the last two digits of my social security (all sensitive information). Then the support tech asks me to send in photo ID. I thought this was kind of strange as I order online often and have never been prompted to do such a thing. She wanted me to attach a snapshot of my drivers license to the email which I did and send it back in to them. Which I did. After no response in an hours time and not receiving a call or email confirmation within that hours time, I called RAISE at the 1065ext.. I was promptly disconnected three consecutive times. Very unusual I thought. My concerns were confirmed when I called the general support number gave them my order and the support tech once again put me on hold for close to a half an hour. When she came back she said she would need me to resubmit my photo ID. What kind of service is this? I cancelled my order. This has to be one of the worst customer service departments in the history of customer service. Raise seems more like a scam than anything else. I conclude that RAISE may have some great offers but based on my experience, it is definitely NOT a customer friendly entity.

nicolasu1
6/3/15

Balance of a gift card with Sunglasses Hut was blocked, as per Sunglass Hut. Raise.com representative helped me resolve the issue in a proactive, diligent, courteous and professional manner.

brendas36
6/1/15

Amazingly fast, easy and 100% satisfying

trin153
5/31/15

Of course, there are sometime errors from the sellers. But I always trust Raise's support team. If you have something wrong with the order? Just call them and wait a little bit and everything will be alright.

arlenem10
5/30/15

I was very impressed with getting a response and action taken and continued emails letting me know what was going on. I was reluctant to try this site but I feel much better. Just knew the next step was contacting my credit card not to pay. That was not needed. Thank you

alisona6
5/30/15

Abraham was awesome! So very pleasant and helpful... Well spoken, attentive, and our hero of the day! He literally helped us as we were standing in the store to unlock my account. The purchase was saved, the discount from the fabulous cards was available to be applied, and my kids are very happy with their new summer purchases. Thank you, Abraham!

jodil6
5/24/15

I had a question about how to print out a raise E-voucher that I purchased for a gift. April responded. I was most impressed that April reached out several times to be sure my issue was resolved. It turned out to be a simple fix that I should have been able to figure out on my own but she never made me feel like my question was dumb. She was timely and kind in her responses. I appreciate her help

ko683
5/24/15

I've had a couple of problems with the cards I've purchased on Raise, but each time they were dealt with quickly and professionally. It's what keeps me coming back to Raise and buying with them with confidence.

larrys69
5/23/15

April was great she took the time to help me get my voucher and was very pleasant the whole time.l

xiao-bangx
5/23/15

One of the sellers did not mail the gift card in time. After I contacted the support team, Blair worked on it very effectively and had it solved right away. I appreciate it!

tiffanyv3
5/22/15

I purchased a TJ Max gift card with 5% extra discount. However I forgot to apply the promo code before I checked out at the end. I emailed them right away and got refunded for the extra 5% amount within 24 hours. What a great customer service!!!

cherylm41
5/22/15

I had a problem with a gift cert at Olive Garden & the rep went above & beyond to make me happy. Will use Raise.com again to save some $$!

richk19
5/22/15

What outstanding customer service from this individual. He took the ball on following up on a missing cards situation and he never dropped it! Consistent communication until I had confirmed receipt of the purchased cards.

This was a fine example of what customer service consistently should be.
Thanks.

thaol1
5/21/15

Always happy with their customer service. Get back quickly and trustable website.

nataliez2
5/21/15

Working with raise customer support was a pleasure. My cards order took forever from the seller. I issued a status update and Finn followed up with me until I received my cards 2 weeks later.

jenniferw83
5/19/15

I have just been scammed. Bought a Red Lobster gift card on May 4, 2015, waited until May 16, 2015 to receive it, then checked the card number at Red Lobster before I gave it as a gift. The card had been closed; no money. Now I have the hassle of connecting Raise, and checking with my payment card about this transaction. NEVER AGAIN!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT!

chrisr105
5/18/15

Each time a problem with a gift card occurs Raise customer service addresses the issue promptly and with a spirit of compassion. April in particular has worked to rectify a few issues that were completed in a very professional and expeditious manner. You Go Girl!!!

lizw21
5/18/15

My account was suspended because I didn't call them back. Every call to them took me at least 20 minutes to get to speak to the representative. Will never shop with them again!

7 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Raise.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: It seems that many customers had unsatisfactory experiences purchasing gift cards that had no balance. what assurance do I have as a customer that if I purchase gift card and it does not have the correct balance I will be reimbursed?
4/12/15
Answer
dawnm27
A: Phillip D. has a terrific explanation on how to use the cards. I've only had one card go bad (an AMC card) due to credit card fraud on the part of the seller. I had planned on using the card over the summer and was very close to the 60-day mark when it was zeroed out. For that reason, I now only buy cards I plan to use immediately. They can still be a great way to save money, if used carefully. I was unaware that Starbucks could zero out the balance even after it's transferred - thanks for posting M.A.
4/13/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: I am considering buying a raise gift card to Lowes. I have never bought a gift card through here before and want to know if it is safe and if Lowes will take it. I called Lowes and they said they never heard of Raise and its best if I didn't do it. Has anyone bought a Lowes gift card from Raise and KNOW if they accept them? Its the ones that you print off and take to the store.
4/16/15
Answer
elizabethb79
A: I have purchased multiple cards and e-cards for Lowe's over the past 6 months. Never had any problem. I can't imagine why there'd be a problem. it's a Lowe's Gift card. they enter the number and it works!
6 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Raise.com staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

59 Coupons for Raise.com

No coupon code needed
Shop now at Raise.com to save!
Go to Raise.com