US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

michaelc126

I purchased a physical gift card and after two weeks it still hadn't been shipped by the seller. (in 43 reviews)

kevinq4

Customer Service got back to me within 5 minutes and cancelled the order. (in 12 reviews)

jimh63

Heck, with a credit card purchase you are pretty well protected anyway. (in 9 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

laceyj
10/22/14

Raise contacted us and made good on all of our issues! They reissued our discounts and listened to our concerns about seller ratings.

(First time I ordered a Chipotle gift card, which we received but went inactive after 4 times of using it. Next, we tried a Yogurtland gift card, which we never received. Then we tried to place an order that was cancelled immediately because of a duplicate address. There is no seller transparency.)

Tip for consumers: He also gave us the tip that once we receive a gift card, we go to that retailer and buy a different gift card to avoid the seller having the original codes.

franks67
10/18/14

Unfortunately there was a problem with some Starbucks Gift Cards. It seems that they had been bought by unauthorized use of a credit card. In due course, the victim made a claim and the Gift Cards were de-activated. I contacted Raise and within only a couple of hours their excellent (and friendly) team had arranged a refund. Now I just hope that they catch up with the fraudster behind the problem. For me, it was interesting to see how quickly and competently the folk at Raise resolved the problem. You sometimes wonder just how good a guarantee is. It seems to me that the Raise Guarantee is cast-iron. Thanks to all of you who helped.

canl1
10/18/14

Very smooth. CSR obviously cares about my business. Will continue to bring business back.

michaels213
10/18/14

I ordered a series of gift cards which never arrived. I contacted Raise customer support and Gus was wonderful communicating with me, attempting to reach the seller and helping me obtain a refund when the seller did not respond.

I received a notice from Patty within 24 hours regarding my request for a refund as well.

Based on this experience, I do plan to continue to buy from Raise.com

kellid2
10/17/14

Great selection. Best customer service - if ever I have an issue, they address it right away. Because of this, Raise is my first stop when I want to purchase a gift card.

sharonh34
10/16/14

I really like using Raise...Usually I am pretty self sufficient, but did struggle to find my way around my account to print the egift voucher.. My call was taken quickly and answered quicklly.. Thanks

robertw112
10/14/14

I don't shop much, but I have started using raise to save on the big purchases like clothing and appliances. I've managed to save over $150 so far and i'm loving it. Here's to hoping the deals continue!

gurnishs
10/12/14

Kaali helped me resolve the issue with her proactive approach of reaching out to seller immediately instead of passing the issue on to the support team.

michaelc126
10/11/14

I purchased a physical gift card and after two weeks it still hadn't been shipped by the seller. I contacted Raise Customer Service and notified them of the problem. Within an hour a representative (Gus) had contacted me and offered to either contact the seller directly or refund my purchase. The refund was processed within one business day.

Love the website and good to know that customer service is reliable.

kevinq4
10/11/14

I give Raise.com 5 stars for the following reasons:
-Value of the giftcard always matches what they claim
-No hidden fees or anything applied to my orders
-Site works great on computer and mobile devices
-Easy to search for a retailer

I had to cancel my most recent order and requested cancellation by email. Customer Service got back to me within 5 minutes and cancelled the order. That is great customer service!

arig2
10/3/14

Bought more than $5k worth of cards in a week for a home remodel project. And then a $400+ home depot card turned out to be a lemon. Been waiting 5 business days and still no resolution,

I haven't lost faith in the process and still continue buying cards on raise.com. BUT if there is no resolution in another 2 business days i will be unnecessarily forced to dispute the charge with the card company. The first charge dispute of my adult life.

Pretty dissapointed
============================================
UPDATE: 10/07/2014
Just got confirmation that a full refund has been processed. So all well that ends well.
Continuing my buying experience on raise.com

anonn4
10/3/14

Got a $100 gift card for AMC. It worked the first time for a $10 charge. I went again and the next time they said I had 0 balance. I called Raise to see what they could do, they refunded me my money back but took the $10 charge because I used it. It was really INCONVENIENCE and I wouldn't recommend people to use this site. If will take more of your time and luck if you want this to work out.

Btw, the Support team on Raise sucks. They don't really inform you anything until you ask, and they aren't eager to help you because they said that they don't own the cards that they sell.

phillipd12
10/2/14

UPDATED: 10/15: Raise.com discovered an extra account opened by my spouse which was the reason ALL of the accounts were suspended. My problem is they could have just suspended one account, or at least contacted me for clarification before suspending every account with absolutely no notice. After leaving a phone message I was contacted later that day by a friendly rep who cleared up the matter, but it should never have been handled this way in the first place. I'm bumping them up one star because of the CSR.

After placing about our sixth order (for a $200 Kmart gift card) Raise.com suddenly suspended my account as well as my spouse's account (with no warning to either), despite having built up at least a two month order history with multiple orders having no ordering or payment issues, as well as initial phone verifications.

We have been attempting to call to clear this up but only run into very long hold times and eventually you are sent to voicemail with no answer.

Several things disturb me about this:

1) Nobody bothered to call or write to inquire if they had concerns about the account(s) and nobody failed any security questions;
2) Both accounts have placed several orders with no problems whatsoever, and Raise.com decided to suddenly suspend accounts after we both placed several valid orders?
3) You cannot reach them by phone to clear up any issues (perhaps they mass-suspended accounts and now everyone is trying to reach them).
4) You don't find out your account is suspended until you place an order.

I find this extremely unprofessional behavior and it has seriously damaged the relationship and trust we have with this company. I can certainly understand fraud protection measures, but after reading the reviews here, they seem to spending far too much time hassling their paying customers and not enough dealing with the numerous examples of fraudulent sellers peddling gift cards bought with stolen credit card numbers that buyers find have been closed by the merchant.

We do business with at least five competitors of Raise.com, and none of them have proven to be a nuisance like Raise.com.

pattic5
10/1/14

Ordered gift card for restaurant Seasons 52 for $200.00, went to the restaurant and it never worked...innumerable emails, 10 days later still waiting for my refund check. Ordered a Petsmart gift card, 3 weeks later that card never came, waiting for credit on my original credit card. Company willing to give me 5.00 off for my troubles!!! What a joke.

Tip for consumers: don't use this company

bryanm60
9/30/14

Bought 5 gift cards in all in order to buy a gift from Macys, saved $100 off of $500. Turn around time for ecodes was about 10-20 minutes unless it was your first purchase. Everything worked (used it in the next hour) so I'm pretty happy.

Like the reviews say, they do call you to verify some information even if you're a buyer, but it's no big deal since it's to fight identity fraud. Besides, they're just confirming information that's already in public databases anyways, no reason to be paranoid about your data.

sd119
9/28/14

After failing the account review process for my wife, Raise decided to suspend not only my wife's account but mine! As we called them, the supervisor said it was at the "representative discretion". We did all we can to satisfy their account verification process including sending a picture of my wife's driving licence which they said was "not valid" (after answering correctly the usual random questions).
This business is just concerned about themselves, not the customer and they will treat you like dirt. Beware!

[EDIT: We received a call from a Customer Representative. He was able to fix the situation and explained how they have to be extra cautious with gift card transactions. After some turbulences over the last few days I think we are back to normal! I will give Raise.com another try as I had been quite satisfied with their services until this incident. Changing my rating accordingly to reflect my overall experience with this business.]

johnd285
9/15/14

Who cares if they have a good site or not, their sales tactics to get your business as a bulk gift card seller is absurd, rude and unprofessional! STAY AWAY

kk57
9/15/14

Super slow delivery for electronic cards. Other gift card resellers deliver much faster.

michellel51
8/27/14

They ignore my emails after I've asked for a refund on a gift card that has not been activated. I will have to resolve this issue through my credit card. FYI, if you're going to buy from them know that there is a no return policy for any reason.

joea53
8/25/14

Bought $400 worth of Toys R Us giftcards. I talked to customer service, they were great, guided me through the process and all cards worked accordingly. A+++++ - 1000 times better than CardPool.

sais3
8/11/14

Bought a 125$ JC Penney electronic gift card from them. Had to wait 1 day to get it, taking away one star for that. Worked when i used it.

johnw221
8/6/14

i dont know why so many people have problems with this website. i honestly use it all the time and I have never had a single problem. its super convenient and i have saved a ton of money on gift cards from it, ive also made a little bit of money too

sophied4
8/6/14

I bought a $100 Starbucks gift card online there, then transferred it immediately to another card using Starbucks.com, worked very fastly and I had no problems. Perhaps if I saw these review before I purchased it I would've decided not too, but that would've been a shame because I would have missed out on a great deal.

benk36
7/14/14

these guys ask you to run a short "verification process" off of public records!!!! they surprise you with that extra step only AFTER you already gave them your CREDIT CARD information!!!!!
in that manor they sell your personal information as a lead to credit companies and marketing firms. I didn't even allow them the option to go on and canceled my order!!!
BE WARE!!!! your personal information (which they should not posses, is in DANGER!!!!

marys133
7/8/14

I bought a $50 Starbucks e-card for $41. When it arrived in my account I tried to transfer the balance to my gold card and it was not a good card. They then gave me another $50 gift card and this time I kept the rep on the phone while I tried to transfer it again. Again, this card was declined saying it was registered to someone else. They are giving me refund. The also gave me a $5.00 promo code for being a first (and now last) time customer. I am not buying anymore from this company. I am just glad I didn't give it as gift.

crystald8
7/3/14

Well, after purchasing several gift cards and not using one after a few months I go to use it and to my surprise the number is invalid and raise will,not help me because its over 60days. It would have been nice if they could look up,this info and accommodate me in some way. I will never use this company again and I would suggest anyone not to use it unless its for an immediate purchase. It just doesn't feel like a safe purchase.

jimk32
7/1/14

I really liked the idea of buying discounted gift cards, but my experience with Raise was awful. I bought a $150 card to Lowes for $132 and change. It never showed up. I had to contact Raise three times to get my money refunded. Disappointed!

michaelr100
6/23/14

I have spent over $1500 on raise.com without any problems at all. It's an easy way to save money or even make money if your'e purchasing for other consumers. I've used it for building materials at home depot and I walk away with an extra 9% when I get reimbursed. What's not to love about that? Plus, if there ever was a issue raise.com has a 100% money back guarantee.

racheld15
6/20/14

I love raise.com and always have a great experience when buying gift cards from them. I knew I needed garden supplies so I bought a gift card for home depot and ended up getting 15% off before any coupons!!! I highly recommend them!

deidreb
6/18/14

You are playing with fire by buying gift card through them. First transaction was fine, I used gift card immediately. The second gift card I bought was already used, I did get my money back though. Figured I would give them one more chance and bought 2 gift cards, waited a few weeks to use them and went to buy something from a website and it says they are already used! Just sent and email and I better get my money back. Never again. A lot of people who sell gift cards to them are crooks and unethical.

jimh63
5/25/14

Saw some bad reviews here but decide tot try anyway. Figured most people do not bother to give positive reviews. Heck, with a credit card purchase you are pretty well protected anyway. Ordered gift card with 20% discount. Received via email within 20 minutes and immediately applied it to pending on-line order. Worked great for me.

unhappyb3
5/11/14

Buyers beware ! The raise.com requested my to give them my photo ID copy juts for a $500 value giftcard order,Of course I felt absolutely uncomfortable and denied it.I asked them why they insisted this, their answer is : this is the only thing they can accept.
So, I decided not to buy the $500 gift card from them. But....soon later I found out they suspended my account without noticing me at all , which means they probably do not really care if you can still shop on their website. Frankly speaking, this is truly the first time I 've heard an online website asked buyers with absolutely normal credit card charged by them all the time, to provide a photo id copy. Really ridiculous!! If you don't care about your personal ID security, then go ahead to give them your copy of photo ID just for few bucks savings through gift cards.

andrewm101
4/26/14

I sold a $25 Macaroni Grill gift card on Raise.com, gave them my card # and pin#. The card "sold" within an hour and the site said they would send me a check for my portion. It's been three weeks with no check in the mail and found that my account on the website is suspended??? Of course, there's no answer at customer support. I guess I'm lucky since I'm reading about folks receiving bounced checks from them.

hx4
4/19/14

Do not buy any E-Gift Card from them, the worst! I bought Bloomingdale's gift card, used on Bloomingdales's website, it got cancelled order twice, the card is generated from unknown internationl country, it is total fraud! Because of this nonsense I got block out by Bloomingdales website, I can never order online again, my account is high risk thanks to Raise.

eunicej
4/4/14

I ordered a Red Lobster gift card and did not receive it. They contacted the owner of the card and found that they had not sent it out and the owners are only given three days to send it out. If they don't have a tracking number, they refund the customer who bought it. It was credited back to our account and the customer service rep was very nice, but as with all credit or debit cards, it took about four days to show up in the account.

jefft29
3/31/14

I just made my first purchase of a Starbucks card and it worked great! Transaction completed and card received just a few minutes later.

carolines12
3/28/14

They sold me a gift card for Starbucks $100 that had no value. I showed up at Starbucks with no cash, and couldn't get a coffee. When I called raise.com, they said that it came from a "defective batch." No apology, just that. I asked them why they didn't contact me, and the woman at customer service (Kim) just said that they didn't have time to contact every customer. So, they were basically going to steal $100 from me. This website is a joke and a total waste of time- STAY AWAY.

scottz6
3/25/14

I attempted to place and order 2 times. Both times they flagged me as living out of the US, and wouldn't honor the sale. Then they stored my c/c number even though I selected to not do so. Contacted customer service and "nothing can be done"
I would avoid them.....

lawerw
3/17/14

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This company is a total fraud! I purchased a gift card never received it and did not receive a refund either! I contacted the customer support again and again, they never helped me solve the problem. The worst thing is, I just added extra money to that e-giftcard I purchased a couple of day before. They still let me added the money but did not let me know the giftcard was no longer usable. Then they never returned any money back to me. WORST WORST WORST WEBSITE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ashk5
3/2/14

I purchased an egift card that says will deliver within 1-2 business days but I got it emailed to me in less than 5 minutes! I added this egift card # to my online purchase and worked perfectly

jennifers83
2/12/14

This company is a total fraud! I purchased a gift card never received it and did not receive a refund either! When I contacted customer support all they told me was "sorry"! I want my money back!!

jrr3
2/12/14

I just literally was hung up on by a Raise.com agent that turned out to be a pretty inconsiderate person working as a customer service rep. My situation was that I wanted to buy a Visa Gift Card from Walmart.com using a walmart gift card that I would buy from Raise at a slight discount in order to save me a litlle on the fees for the card. I did my research this morning before buying the card because I'm completely aware of places that do and do not let you buy gift cards with their store gift cards. However, I first read in some forums online of people being able to do it with egift cards from Walmart. They all explained the same thing. You simply load them onto your walmart.com account and the site does the rest for you.... making them appear in your checkout as a option for payment for "anything on walmart.com." The next thing I did was spent time reading over the terms and conditions and nowhere on Walmart.com does it say you can't buy gift cards with their gift cards. In fact, they emphasize that you can purchase gift cards and load them onto to Walmart.com where they will be conveniently stored for you to make a quick and easy checkout for anything that you want. So I found no exclusions or restrictioins and so I went to raise.com and bought just enough cards from raise to buy the $200 visa gift card for fathers day. I went through the shopping cart and when checking out my gift cards weren't available as an option to pay. So after trying to figure out what I was going to do, nothing, I called RAISE back within hours after my purchase and explained my situation and asked if they could accomodate me and accept a one-time return. Alright I get it they weren't going to do it, but the knucklehead rep was giving me suggestions and alternatives while chuckling about it. My situation was unique in that I didn't I didn't fit the definition of what is not allowed for returns. But to get to the point of the review, the sarcastic **** working as a customer service rep thought it was funny and told me to just save the cards for shopping at Walmart when I wanted. He downplayed any seriousness to my situation and it was like working with someone thats in junior high. He put me on hold several times probably to talk to a supervisor about how to handle my situation. I could tell they flat out weren't going to reconsider and give me a refund despite how popular walmart cards are. He had no effective way to communicate with me as a customer service agent and told me to call Walmart.com to deal with it. I've dealt with a couple of these gift card companies and they run some pretty half ass businesses. You can tell just by their shopping carts and the people you talk to over the phone. Those carts are basically their business so you'd think some of them would make efforts to design one that stood out from the others, but they don't. From my experience, they all tend to hire some real winners and Raise isn't in business to do what they claim.... "Your experience on the Raise marketplace is of utmost importance to us". I'll never visit the site again and I thought it was better than Gift Card Zen before my phone call, but after being hung up on just out of nowhere I'd say they are about the same.

mn20
2/5/14

If you had asked me 6 months ago what I thought of Raise I would've given it 5+ stars. It was a great place to sell my unwanted gift cards, rarely had any issues with buyers, and got paid in a somewhat timely manner. That's all changed lately though. Now they're asking for very personal information including my Social Security, and holding my money hostage until I give it to them. I'm sorry, but I don't just give out my SSN number to websites.

Raise it probably a safe place to buy gift cards. I was a very reputable seller, and would never try to rip off a buyer. But I wouldn't recommend selling there. If u do sell there take your money out as soon as possible and don't trust them to hold your funds. They're liable to make you choose between your money or the risk of identity theft.

bhillsb
1/24/14

This site is useless! I tried to sell and buy, both time massive delays and slow website. I listed a giftcard to sell, it never past beyond pending page. Useless!

aprilm6
1/16/14

I purchased a e-gift card for over $350 so I was a little nervous after reading some reviews but it went flawlessly. I purchased it, got a phone call about 5 minutes later from raise.com to verify my identity and then they placed the card number and pin in my account less than 5 minutes later! I used the card on the web site I was looking at and it worked perfectly. I just wish my discount would have been better but I'll settle for 9% off at Pottery Barn. :)
I would definitely purchase another gc from raise.com!

kristina62
1/15/14

I bought a card from raise.com and I was given an ecard instead of gift card. I needed a gift card. I contact the company and they refused to honor their "100% satisfaction guarantee". I am out $50 due to this rotten company. DO NOT BUY from them you will be sorry

jaimeec
1/8/14

The check I was sent for the gift card I sold them bounced! So not only am I out the money for the gift card, but I was charged a $19 returned check fee. If this is not made right quickly, I will be contacting the BBB.

victorc26
12/10/13

SCAM SITE!
This site sells gift cards purchased by stolen credit cards and once merchants find out they suspend those gift cards!

johnc194
12/4/13

I used the site just the other day and was very happy with the resukts. I was able to finish my Christmas Shopping and save a ton of money. Best part. My relatives will never know!!!

yingl1
11/22/13

HORRIBLE!!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!
I got the card with wrong pin number and the customer service is telling me they can check the balance so it has to be good, I asked her the purpose of buying the card is for checking the balance or to be used? she was basically telling me it is my problem. looks like I would not see the refund coming neither. I have to file a fraud!