US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Business

Raise.com reviews

•  Email business  •  Phone: 888-578-8422
New customers: $5 off $75 with promo code SJ75.
Claim Deal

311 W Superior St.
Chicago, IL 60654, USA
Tel: 888-578-8422
support@raise.com
New customers: $5 off $75 with promo code SJ75.
Claim Deal

Write Review

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

bryanm60

Bought 5 gift cards in all in order to buy a gift from Macys, saved $100 off of $500. (in 33 reviews)

michaelc126

I contacted Raise Customer Service and notified them of the problem. (in 35 reviews)

bobatc

I contacted customer support immediately and received a new code within 12 hours. (in 8 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

pattyk6
4/18/15

I spoke to Finn today, I was completely confused about how to sign in and place an order Finn was absolutely wonderful he walked me through step-by-step he made it so easy for me to understand he is a credit to your company.He was such a pleasure to speak with, very very friendly very very helpful I can't say enough good things about him. great customer experience!!!

shrirajd
4/16/15

It was pleasure speaking to Finn. He resolved my issue promptly

weijial1
4/13/15

I was not able to get the pin number for my order, but Tiffany was the one who helped. She was really professional and get this issue resolved so quickly. She is the best.

rayc46
4/12/15

Bobby listened to my problem and took decisive measures to fix the problem. He is a great asset to your company

xiufenl
4/12/15

Finn is the best customer service I have ever met. Yesterday, I want to buy a laptop at staples, so I bought ten gift card each with $50. But the manager in store told me I can only use up to 4 for the purchase...So I called Raise customer service line 8am this morning. And then I met the wonderful customer service Finn. At the beginning, I asked whether I can combine 10 gift card in to 1. Finn said raise can not do that but he said give him couple of minutes to check whether more information can be found. Couple of minutes later, he did not find a way to combine these gift card, however, he give me wonderful news! Staples can use up to 10 gift cards if I print out the vouchers! I was so surprised and asked where he got the wonderful information. He then said he called the staples customer service using the couple of minutes. I really appreciate raise, and really happy that raise has so smart and helpful customer service.

danb104

helpful, kind, patient

ashleyk24
4/12/15

I asked a question about my check and received a quick response from one of the Raise team members, Finn. He looked into the matter for me and even emailed me later following up.

jasons129
4/11/15

I needed a refund and the operator was beyond hellful. I have used this app for a long time and will continue ro do do!

sallym22
4/9/15

I had not received a gift card after 2 1/2 weeks so I called and talked to Clark who researched it and then explained to me what was going on. Two days later the card showed up. Thank you Clark.

barbarab66
4/6/15

Didn't make me feel foolish when I thought the card didn't work...I'm the one that made an error, very polite,courteous

guangy
4/5/15

very helpful very responsive!

lindseyt7
4/2/15

**EDIT** Despite what they told me on the phone, they issued a full refund for the amount I paid. A representative who followed up with me was great and seemed to reiterate their policies as found online, which would be buyer protection. Perhaps the representative I reached the first time was mistaken, but the inconsistency is a bit worrisome. They resolved my situation but not without significant time and effort on my part.

Bought two $25 gift cards to Smashburger and was able to confirm the balance upon arrival. Used them each once; went back a second time and the balance was $0 on each!

Raise will neither refund the amount I paid NOR the remaining balance (less than what I paid). They say they will process a refund on a percentage of the balance....

No protection for consumers if someone keeps the gift card information; therefore, I will NOT be using this company again. Haven't had any trouble with another company, I'll stick with them in the future.

Tip for consumers: Don't spend any more money on a gift card that you aren't willing to throw away in case something goes awry. The company won't back your money.

ravin23
3/30/15

Clark understood the situation and helped out, that too on a Friday evening. I was able to go online and use the cards immediately and purchase what I wanted to. Thank you soo much..

helens52
3/30/15

Any time that I have needed assistance customer service was polite, respectful & extremely quick in resolving any issues. If I send an email, customer service has responded promptly in email. When returning a call everyone that I have dealt with has been the exact perfection of who you would want to take care of you as a representative. The staff is wonderful. Raise truly stands behind ALL gift cards that are sold on their site. I would give them 10 stars if I could for being so proactive in making sure that all issues are to ones satisfaction & making me feel like a very valued customer.

kimd39
3/28/15

Went to BELK yesterday to buy some clothes for my gbaby, picked out what I wanted, got an approx amt needed, got on my iPad and purchased a card and within minutes, it was in my wallet and went to check out and saved an additional 13% on top of the 65% I was getting inthe store!! I LOVE saying money!!

Tip for consumers: So far so good for me!!

samh69
3/27/15

I recently had a problem with a Famous Dave's e-Giftcard I purchased from Raise. Since it was one of the first times I purchased an e-Gift card I was a little concerned when the waiter said it didn't work. I sent an e-mail to Raise customer support and had a response in less than 12 hours. In less than 24 hours I was promised a refund that appeared on my credit card account a short time later.

Super customer support in all ways. They've made me a loyal customer.

rameeza
3/24/15

Fantastic, friendly, and fast service from Lizzy.
I messed up a few times in interrupting her but she was so kind and didn't yell at me for it. I didn't do it on purpose, I just have difficulty talking on the phone without interrupting people. Despite this, Lizzy never made me feel bad about it and I thank her greatly for her patience and assistance.

loisl11
3/22/15

I buy a lot of discount gift cards and have been buying them for YEARS. I have never had such GREAT customer service as I did today from a gal named Blair at Raise.com. When I needed QUICK service and an understanding representative no other online discount card site came through as quickly as Raise.com. I am disappointed in other sites, but this site gets a five star plus review from ONE HAPPY CUSTOMER! Buying cards from them, IS A PLEASURE!

rmc1
3/21/15

dear clark
it was a pleasure talking to you and i really appreciate your patience on me especially i dont have knowledge in computer but still you guided me through
if im giving a chance to talk to your CEO im gonna tell him that of all the technical support tech that i have encountered your are the most kind hearted patience, and caring person. im gonna tell your boss that you are an exceptional tech that i have encountered you deserve promotion and a good salary
"til then thanks a lot and goodnight

bettyb23
3/17/15

I've been a loyal Raise customer for a year and a half and love that we can purchase gift cards at a discounted rate. Occasionally we have had issues with a e-gift card card showing it wasn't activated but Raise Customer Service always comes through and provides quick follow up (typically same day response on email) and resolution by refunding our original purchase price. Thanks for the excellent customer service!

triciad3
3/17/15

So far, I have experienced excellent customer service from every customer service rep I have been in contact with. This is a big deal. Most organizations appear to give you the run around and lots of automated phone calls. I was able to contact Raise.com via instant message on their site and chat with a very nice guy who looked into my question and then forward me onto the correct people to take care of and resolve my questions. He told me to expect a response withing the next 2 to 3 days. I heard back from Maria - Member Services with my resolutions within 15 hours. So very awesome. Thank you Raise.com!

richards130
3/16/15

Purchased several gift certificates. Came back a few weeks later to use a restaurant cert and it had zero balance. Went to support to get a refund and they were wonderful...no fighting, quick and immediate response to my issue and refund credited in 2 days. Could not ask for more. would use them anytime.

leat13
3/16/15

I personally have had no problems with this site. I ordered several vouchers through the mail (Outback, Marshalls) and they came quickly via mail, and were honored. Used several e gift vouchers as well. Can't beat it.10-%20 off is a great savings.

Tip for consumers: I checked my cards right away when they were mailed to me, even though I had no intention of using them right away. I wanted to verify validity ASAP.

dawnm27
3/15/15

Used gift cards have their pros and their cons. I'm giving Raise 5-stars, though, because I believe discounted gift cards are a terrific way to subsidize entertainment (e.g. movies) or home projects (e.g. Home Depot). I've tried a few other used card sites, but Raise is my favorite. Their website is secure and easy to use, they also have a 60-day refund policy. Anyone who uses cards regularly will eventually run into a problem -- it's nothing to worry about as long as you use the cards in a timely manner. I've only had one issue in the past 18 months, and it's resolution was painless. I suggest keeping in mind the 60-day guarantee because you want to buy cards that you will actually use within that timeframe. I purchased a $100 AMC movie card for $80, hoping to use it through the summer. When I tried to use it a 2nd time at the movies, the card no longer had a balance (AMC zeroed it out due to a credit card scam the seller was involved in). I contacted Raise and got an immediate refund. However, had I waited a few more days I would have been past the 60-day mark. For this reason, I no longer purchase cards in the hopes of using them over long periods of time. I also don't purchase them as gifts. However, they are relatively safe to buy and a good way to save money. For example, I recently used Raise to buy school clothes at JCPenny's for my son. Between the sale price, a store coupon, and the Raise card, I bought jeans for my son for only $10 - almost 50% off. I also used Raise a few months ago to purchase a new range microwave online from Home Depot. I saved about $30. I also purchase cards regularly for Starbucks.

To date, I've only purchased online vouchers and e-gifts, so I can't attest to the delivery of physical cards. The vouchers usually arrive instantaneously. Raise also has an app you can download and use.

Tip for consumers: If you're new to used gift cards, start small. You can buy a Starbuck's or Burger King voucher for a few bucks.

irism9
3/13/15

The seller didn't activate the gift card we purchased, however; the Raise representative, Ariel was very kind and patient as to situate the problem.

I did save quite a bit by purchasing gift cards from the Raise.

Wish I found this site long ago that I could have saved more for the Florida trip!

Thanks for being very wonderful!

mikeh146
3/6/15

I've bought four or five cards from raise.com.
One was recently declined. I worked with Jess
and Maria to resolve the issue, and within several
days, I had a refund.

Both Jess and Maria were very helpful and I appreciate how promptly they resolved the problem.

I'm not connected to raise.com in anyway other than being a satisfied customer.

janelm2
3/2/15

Abraham quickly resolved my issue of receiving the funds from a recent listing. Greatly appreciate his attentiveness to the issue and willingness to assist.

janek22
2/23/15

My first contact with their support team was THEM calling ME. I'd mis-typed my email address and they noticed their messages were bouncing back. The call was to get the correction! How extraordinary! Next, I had a bunch of questions what options meant, placing an order with the newly purchased card, etc., etc., and my hand was held with utmost patience until all was resolved. A rare level of care. &, oh, yes, the site has a vast selection from which to purchase easily.

qic
2/20/15

I made a mistake in my order and purchased a physical card instead of an electronic one, the support stuff went all the way to contact the seller and helped me resolve the issue. I am very please with the excellent support I got today.

billyd16
2/14/15

I listed a card for sale in December and this afternoon received notification it had sold. This was my first time using the system and had totally forgotten I had posted the listing and sold the card to a friend in the meantime. I emailed customer service to inquire how to resolve this and ensure the buyer wasn't charged. Blair responded to my email within 25 minutes of reaching out to let me know the issue was resolved and the transaction was canceled. I was anticipating a complex resolution process with lots of hoop-jumping and forms, but the experience couldn't have been more streamlined and simple. I've had countless negative customer service experiences with eCommerce sites so this interaction was so refreshing and much appreciated. I'll definitely use the site again and would recommend it to others as well. Thanks again!

izabellag
2/13/15

Great customer service experience! Personal attention as all issues reported were resolved.

lylah
2/9/15

Excellent! I spoke with Clark this evening, He guided me through the
The web so that I could access my account information. A Gentleman,
He made sure crossed every t was crossed and every I dotted before
Being done with the call. Problem solved, producing a result. Yes!
I got it!
Raise is very fortunate to have the voice of a young man like Clark representing their Customer Service.
Be well and continue to be you!
LDHarris-Blevin

lix5
2/8/15

I have brought many cards from Raise. I think it is ok! Thanks!

allisonb36
2/8/15

I have been using Raise.com for several months now and am really happy with them. I have saved so much money on coffee alone! They absolutely back up their guarantee and the couple of times that there were issues with the cards I purchased, their customer service was quick to respond and resolve the problem.

nathanb64
2/6/15

Excellent - and PROMPT! - customer service. Customer service resolved a failed code immediately and got me up and running again quickly!

amandan13
2/6/15

I purchased three gift cards to Home Depot. The first two worked out OK, but when I was ready to spend the balance on the 3rd card, it had a zero balance. Home Depot helped me looked into the matter and said a lawn mower had been purchased with the card (which I didn't buy). Raise says there is nothing they can do because it is past their 60 day guarantee on the "no expiration" gift card. I am out the $220.12 amount I paid for the gift card.

deew19
2/2/15

I purchased $75 in gift cards, and immediately received an email that my account needed "further verification required". The email message told me I had to call 312-548-1065. They asked me personal questions that are usually asked only by banks and financial institutions. What street I lived on, car details, loan I previously or currently have? I called my credit card company immediately after, and was told Raise was already on their fraudulent activity list...and should be avoided. The fraud department replaced my credit card, and put out a fraud alert to the credit reporting agencies.

Tip for consumers: I have used Cardpool without any issues. Hope my review helps.

michelem33
1/31/15

Awesome support!

chadp9
1/28/15

Great customer service

aruns2
1/24/15

This is to acknowledge three individuals, Maria, Ariel, and particularly Blair, who has provided an exceptional support.

Thank you so much for helping me. I appreciate it. This way, I got increased admiration for Raise. I will continue to use it.

reidn2
1/24/15

I've purchased over $5000 worth of gift cards from Raise as part of a Home Remodel. Only encountered one issue with a bad gift code, and Raise proactively reached out top notify me, immediately refunding my money.

I've saved hundreds from paying for merchandise with Raise gift cards. Very pleased with their service!

jessb41
1/24/15

I ordered two egift cards through Raise. I was a little hesitant at first, having never used this site before, but all the reviews I read said that the customers either got what they ordered or were refunded the full amount they paid, so I figured it was worth trying. After about an hour the order was processed and the codes for both egift cards were on my account. I used them both right away with no problems.

ataha
1/19/15

I contacted customer support regarding an issue. My concerns were addressed and the representative was very sincere and enthusiastic about resolving my issue and gave me a number of options. It's comfortable to be assured that customer satisfaction is a top priority.

crystalj7
1/18/15

Great business and website. I sold three gift cards (Kohls and Cheesecake Factory) and within 30 mins all three were sold and funds available to me. Fast service. I will definitely use them again. Great iPhone app also!!!

Tip for consumers: Get the iPhone app. Very easy to use.

falcont
1/18/15

Their service is extremely bad, and they cheat customers by some awkward tricks. Especially they hide expiration date under a tiny link shown as "Details". You will be never aware about expiration date unless you open the very tiny link shown as "Details". How can a customer figure out expiration date is under a tiny link called "Details"

Tip for consumers: Double check the expiration date within the details link, they hide expiration date under this link to sell nearly expired cards. You could be cheated, if you do not find expiration date under the link

shannas1
1/6/15

I purchased an AMC gift card that was an online e certificate and was told it would be available in one hour. It was not. I was then sent an email that said I needed to be verified and to contact them. Ok..no problem, I did that today. Then after being told by the first CS agent that I couldn't just be refunded (as I wanted to use the certificate last night), I was transferred to another CS rep to be verified. She started asking me questions like my birthdate, places I lived over the past 30 years, etc. It made me very uncomfortable because I felt like it was an identity theft thing. I told her that I did not feel comfortable answering these questions and asked to be refunded. She said no problem, we will refund you and hung up abruptly. I'm hoping they will, but it was just a strange experience! I've never had this happen on any other sites and I do alot of online purchasing through ebay, amazon, nomore rack, etc. And have never experienced this! BEWARE!

megh69
12/26/14

Incredibly pleased with the customer service. I had mistakenly chosen the wrong withdrawal method, and I emailed to get it corrected. I was contacted right away and very professionally by Kayla in Raise Member Services. She seamlessly helped me in my effort to correct it.

sumeetd
12/22/14

Kayla was able to rectify an issue that I had experienced with a Raise gift card. Originally, Jess had efficiently resolved my issue, but in speaking with the gift card issuing department, I learned of an oversight. When I contacted Kayla regarding this error, she was very helpful in resolving my oversight. I feel that both Kayla and Jess's exceptional customer service deserve recognition and hopefully they can be recompense in kind.

debrac15
12/21/14

Most of the time, my transactions with Raise.com are flawless. And my experience with Customer Service when something wasn't perfect has more than overcome any problem I had. Thanks for keeping me in the loop with prompt updates. I get the feeling that I'm dealing with good people who care.

jackies31
12/18/14

although i was on hold for a very long once i was able to speak with someone (mya)
she was very helpful and kept me updated while resoving my issue

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Raise.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: It seems that many customers had unsatisfactory experiences purchasing gift cards that had no balance. what assurance do I have as a customer that if I purchase gift card and it does not have the correct balance I will be reimbursed?
6 days ago
dawnm27
A: Phillip D. has a terrific explanation on how to use the cards. I've only had one card go bad (an AMC card) due to credit card fraud on the part of the seller. I had planned on using the card over the summer and was very close to the 60-day mark when it was zeroed out. For that reason, I now only buy cards I plan to use immediately. They can still be a great way to save money, if used carefully. I was unaware that Starbucks could zero out the balance even after it's transferred - thanks for posting M.A.
5 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: I am considering buying a raise gift card to Lowes. I have never bought a gift card through here before and want to know if it is safe and if Lowes will take it. I called Lowes and they said they never heard of Raise and its best if I didn't do it. Has anyone bought a Lowes gift card from Raise and KNOW if they accept them? Its the ones that you print off and take to the store.
2 days ago
meghanf1
A: Christy,

I can assure you that the Lowe's voucher from Raise will work at the store. I've used it myself and see countless other customers use them with success. And if you have any problems Raise will take care of you and give you your money back.
2 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Raise.com staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

92 Coupons for Raise.com

Up to 6% Off Subway Gift Cards!
Expires: April 28, 2015
Get Deal
No coupon code needed
Shop now at Raise.com to save!
Go to Raise.com
Raise.com

3 Photos for Raise.com

Raise.com?
Click here to post a review