US Government's NSF

311 W Superior St.
Chicago, IL 60654, USA
Tel: 888-578-8422
support@raise.com
New customers: $5 off $75 with promo code SJ75.
Claim Deal

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

michaelc126

I purchased a physical gift card and after two weeks it still hadn't been shipped by the seller. (in 56 reviews)

kevinq4

Customer Service got back to me within 5 minutes and cancelled the order. (in 25 reviews)

bobatc

I contacted customer support immediately and received a new code within 12 hours. (in 7 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

chadp9
1/28/15

Great customer service

aruns2
1/24/15

This is to acknowledge three individuals, Maria, Ariel, and particularly Blair, who has provided an exceptional support.

Thank you so much for helping me. I appreciate it. This way, I got increased admiration for Raise. I will continue to use it.

reidn2
1/24/15

I've purchased over $5000 worth of gift cards from Raise as part of a Home Remodel. Only encountered one issue with a bad gift code, and Raise proactively reached out top notify me, immediately refunding my money.

I've saved hundreds from paying for merchandise with Raise gift cards. Very pleased with their service!

jessb41
1/24/15

I ordered two egift cards through Raise. I was a little hesitant at first, having never used this site before, but all the reviews I read said that the customers either got what they ordered or were refunded the full amount they paid, so I figured it was worth trying. After about an hour the order was processed and the codes for both egift cards were on my account. I used them both right away with no problems.

ataha
1/19/15

I contacted customer support regarding an issue. My concerns were addressed and the representative was very sincere and enthusiastic about resolving my issue and gave me a number of options. It's comfortable to be assured that customer satisfaction is a top priority.

crystalj7
1/18/15

Great business and website. I sold three gift cards (Kohls and Cheesecake Factory) and within 30 mins all three were sold and funds available to me. Fast service. I will definitely use them again. Great iPhone app also!!!

Tip for consumers: Get the iPhone app. Very easy to use.

falcont
1/18/15

Their service is extremely bad, and they cheat customers by some awkward tricks. Especially they hide expiration date under a tiny link shown as "Details". You will be never aware about expiration date unless you open the very tiny link shown as "Details". How can a customer figure out expiration date is under a tiny link called "Details"

Tip for consumers: Double check the expiration date within the details link, they hide expiration date under this link to sell nearly expired cards. You could be cheated, if you do not find expiration date under the link

shannas1
1/6/15

I purchased an AMC gift card that was an online e certificate and was told it would be available in one hour. It was not. I was then sent an email that said I needed to be verified and to contact them. Ok..no problem, I did that today. Then after being told by the first CS agent that I couldn't just be refunded (as I wanted to use the certificate last night), I was transferred to another CS rep to be verified. She started asking me questions like my birthdate, places I lived over the past 30 years, etc. It made me very uncomfortable because I felt like it was an identity theft thing. I told her that I did not feel comfortable answering these questions and asked to be refunded. She said no problem, we will refund you and hung up abruptly. I'm hoping they will, but it was just a strange experience! I've never had this happen on any other sites and I do alot of online purchasing through ebay, amazon, nomore rack, etc. And have never experienced this! BEWARE!

megh69
12/26/14

Incredibly pleased with the customer service. I had mistakenly chosen the wrong withdrawal method, and I emailed to get it corrected. I was contacted right away and very professionally by Kayla in Raise Member Services. She seamlessly helped me in my effort to correct it.

sumeetd
12/22/14

Kayla was able to rectify an issue that I had experienced with a Raise gift card. Originally, Jess had efficiently resolved my issue, but in speaking with the gift card issuing department, I learned of an oversight. When I contacted Kayla regarding this error, she was very helpful in resolving my oversight. I feel that both Kayla and Jess's exceptional customer service deserve recognition and hopefully they can be recompense in kind.

debrac15
12/21/14

Most of the time, my transactions with Raise.com are flawless. And my experience with Customer Service when something wasn't perfect has more than overcome any problem I had. Thanks for keeping me in the loop with prompt updates. I get the feeling that I'm dealing with good people who care.

jackies31
12/18/14

although i was on hold for a very long once i was able to speak with someone (mya)
she was very helpful and kept me updated while resoving my issue

karinw1
12/15/14

THRILLED at their highest possible customer service. Phillip went way over and above what I expected. THANK YOU!

sharonr22
12/15/14

Jess in customer service was fantastic. First time customer with Raise.com. Very impressive company! They definitely care about their customers. Will shop again with them real soon for more gift cards.

ma28963
12/12/14

DO NOT buy Starbucks cards from this website!! Starbucks will zero out your card if you add/transfer funds from a card purchased at RAISE. They are not authorized by Starbucks to sell cards.

dianned3
12/11/14

BEWARE! I don't know how reviewers can give a business 5 stars when they send a physical card with a zero balance or NOT AT ALL. If you are purchasing a gift card, raise.com should require the seller to provide an online tracking number. Even with USPS you can check the tracking number online.
I had to wait for over 2 weeks, emailed customer service twice.BIG WASTE of my time. Now I have to start over. There are plenty of better gift card brokers as far as price and service out there so don't waste your time with raise.com

bobatc
12/11/14

I purchased an e-gift card that didn't work. I contacted customer support immediately and received a new code within 12 hours. Not bad for messaging then late at night on a Friday. Great customer service!

jimm818
12/8/14

Raise's customer service is as good as it gets. Yesterday I purchased at $100 Starbucks card from Raise, after having previously purchased a $25 card without an issue. After purchasing the $100 card I applied it to my existing Starbucks card, and today I discovered that Starbucks cancelled my card and "liberated" my remaining balance including $17 I had prior to the $100 transfer. After contacting Starbucks customer support, they say they didn't receive the funds from the gift card and that my purchasing it via Raise violates their terms and conditions, so their security team shut down my card.

I contacted Raise customer support via email, explaining the situation and requesting a refund of the $93.18 I spent on the gift card, which should be no problem with Raise's buyer protection guarantee. Within a few hours someone from customer support named Blair responded, explaining that Starbucks has apparently started flagging cards as fraudulent when purchased through third parties like Raise, when merging the balance with an existing card, and that they would refund my purchase.

I was pretty irritated this morning with how Starbucks handled this, but Raise's response to my dilemma was excellent. The response with quick, they understood the situation clearly, and they immediately moved to resolve the issue and refund me without any hassle whatsoever.

I'm willing to chalk the $17 loss up to a learning experience, but the $93 would have been more difficult to swallow. Thanks to Raise's customer service, I won't spend the rest of the day in a bad mood!

Word of warning, if you buy a Starbucks gift card, don't transfer the balance! I did this once successfully, but clearly Starbucks doesn't care if you've been a loyal customer for a decade. No worries though... I'll just have to get my $17 back in expensive reward drinks!

Thanks Raise customer service!

rickyc9
12/8/14

I have good experience with Raise support and will continue to shop in Raise.

jamesp125
12/7/14

Always Fast and excellent Customer Service. CS Reps are very nice accommodating.

tsai-lingc
12/5/14

This is all good

yafangs
12/1/14

I bought a five below gift card at raise.com this month, but while I checked out on just passed thanksgiving day, I was shocked to know that the balance of this card is $0.00, ......So , once I'm home after shopping , I sent a mail to raise.com to pass this issue to them. I'm so glad that I got their prompt attention, and in a very effective way, they refund the whole money back to my account.

I feel so happy and feel sooooo confident in shopping at raise.com now. I would say great thanks to raise.com, I bought a lot of gift cards over their, and I've saved a lot of money in shopping. I always tell my friends, saving is earning, to buy gift cards at raise.com is the easier way for me to improve my life quality.

I love raise.com, thanks again !

Yafang

jenf4
11/28/14

Great customer service every time!
They are effecient and friendly compare to anyother companies we contacted with.
Great deals on the gift cards too!

todds38
11/28/14

I received a card with no value on it, which was frustrating. However, I was extremely impressed with how quickly and easily Raise resolved it, refunding my money without any hassle whatsoever. Other than that instance, I've had good luck with Raise and saved some money in the process.

asimf
11/28/14

Hi guys! This isnt some kind of fake review... first off... I was most skeptical and worried about making a transaction through this site because of all such terrible reviews.

I on the other hand decided to give it a shot... yknow yolo... it was kind of weird but everything went well and they asked for some info and I gave it.

Later as everything processed it took about 4 days for them to give me an email notification. I asked for more info on when they would arrive and if my check was going to come in or not. Well I sent an email and directly was answered by a machine (slightly disappointing) then about 10 minutes later a reply... A REPLY FROM AN ACTUALY HUMAN BEING. I was so happy and they said they had already sent the check that exact day and it was to arrive in 2-3 days.

There you have it... remember that all the bad reviews are aaid because of a problem that had occurred with a customer. Thats not everyone... People normally satisfied would not post a review because there wpuld be no need for them. On the other hand someone very angry at cs would post the worst review an their rant.

That being said YES you CAN TRUST RAISE.COM theyre a fast reliable company and I give them 5 ☆☆☆☆☆ Golden Stars.

Cons? The processing took about 4 days to let me know when they finally sent it, but shipping took only 3 days so 3+4 = a total of 7 days to process everything.

yevgeniyl
11/23/14

Bought a Starbucks card. After receiving the code, I transferred the balance to another Starbucks card. Within 2 days the card's balance was at $0, even though I didn't use it. Contacted Starbucks - they said the card balance was at $0, because it was an invalid card. Contacted Raise.com - they said they can't guarantee the balance on the sold card if it's transferred to another Starbucks card.
I didn't get a refund but was offered a small discount for the next order. Customer service at its best!

emilr14
11/22/14

Starbucks punitively canceled a perfectly valid Starbucks card, apparently because I purchased it from Raise.com. When I spoke with Gus at Raise, he very quickly checked his records, and verified that one of the recent cards was, apparently, defective. He then almost immediately shipped out a replacement card for the full amount. Outstanding customer service.

lukef12
11/22/14

My experience with Rainse.com has been great and one minor issue that arose was immediately addressed and resolved. I LOVE RAISE.COM!

pattyh9
11/21/14

I have saved so much money since using Raise.com. Customer service is great no mater what my questions/issue is!

jasony6
11/20/14

I purchased a Chipotle voucher and I was told that it was invalid in store. The manager suggested I contact the company I bought it from. I contacted the Raise team and they refunded me quickly. I am extremely happy with the service and the site and will use it for years to come!

marya159
11/6/14

Thank you for your help, Raise Support Team! I really appreciate your getting my money back for me for a card that the account had been closed. I was distressed in having a gift card declined that I had purchased from Raise. I was sure that there was a mistake. Nope, no mistake. Then when I emailed the Raise Support Team, I found that it was after the time limit for getting my money back. But the Raise Support Team researched the issue, and I got my money back. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

yinchongh
11/6/14

We experienced problem with the gift cards we purchased. But no problem, Raise will take care of it. Thanks.

russellc20
11/1/14

I recently encountered issues with two consecutive orders that I placed for gift cards purchased through Raise. The issue was that a card on each order (both orders were for more than a single card) ended up having a zero value. This was compounded by the fact that I merged the value of these two orders onto a primary card that I use for all purchases at Starbucks, causing my primary card to me canceled when Starbucks discovered the lack of value for these two cards. In short, Starbucks was going to penalize me for all 5 cards merged onto my primary card because of the issue with only two of them. I explained this to Starbucks, but to no avail. Being the second time I had ever used Raise for a purchase, this obviously was of concern and frustration to me.

When I first called Raise to address the issue, the team was very professional and immediately understood my concern. They offered to refund the value of the two cards in question on the spot. However, as noted above the problem was more complex is that I was now without the use of the other 3 legitimate cards as well. Raise offered to send my issue to another team to investigate and determine what they could do to assist. By the end of that first day of documenting my concern, Raise had refunded the full value of both orders to me. I find the speed at which Raise addressed this issue and the solution to be exemplary and a model by which all companies should model.

As someone who deals with customers on a daily basis and listens to grievances, I wanted to raise this excellent support to those who should be aware. All companies should aspire to the quality and speed of support that you offered me.

Thank you.

laceyj
10/22/14

Raise contacted us and made good on all of our issues! They reissued our discounts and listened to our concerns about seller ratings.

(First time I ordered a Chipotle gift card, which we received but went inactive after 4 times of using it. Next, we tried a Yogurtland gift card, which we never received. Then we tried to place an order that was cancelled immediately because of a duplicate address. There is no seller transparency.)

Tip for consumers: He also gave us the tip that once we receive a gift card, we go to that retailer and buy a different gift card to avoid the seller having the original codes.

franks67
10/18/14

Unfortunately there was a problem with some Starbucks Gift Cards. It seems that they had been bought by unauthorized use of a credit card. In due course, the victim made a claim and the Gift Cards were de-activated. I contacted Raise and within only a couple of hours their excellent (and friendly) team had arranged a refund. Now I just hope that they catch up with the fraudster behind the problem. For me, it was interesting to see how quickly and competently the folk at Raise resolved the problem. You sometimes wonder just how good a guarantee is. It seems to me that the Raise Guarantee is cast-iron. Thanks to all of you who helped.

canl1
10/18/14

Very smooth. CSR obviously cares about my business. Will continue to bring business back.

michaels213
10/18/14

I ordered a series of gift cards which never arrived. I contacted Raise customer support and Gus was wonderful communicating with me, attempting to reach the seller and helping me obtain a refund when the seller did not respond.

I received a notice from Patty within 24 hours regarding my request for a refund as well.

Based on this experience, I do plan to continue to buy from Raise.com

kellid2
10/17/14

Great selection. Best customer service - if ever I have an issue, they address it right away. Because of this, Raise is my first stop when I want to purchase a gift card.

sharonh34
10/16/14

I really like using Raise...Usually I am pretty self sufficient, but did struggle to find my way around my account to print the egift voucher.. My call was taken quickly and answered quicklly.. Thanks

robertw112
10/14/14

I don't shop much, but I have started using raise to save on the big purchases like clothing and appliances. I've managed to save over $150 so far and i'm loving it. Here's to hoping the deals continue!

gurnishs
10/12/14

Kaali helped me resolve the issue with her proactive approach of reaching out to seller immediately instead of passing the issue on to the support team.

michaelc126
10/11/14

I purchased a physical gift card and after two weeks it still hadn't been shipped by the seller. I contacted Raise Customer Service and notified them of the problem. Within an hour a representative (Gus) had contacted me and offered to either contact the seller directly or refund my purchase. The refund was processed within one business day.

Love the website and good to know that customer service is reliable.

kevinq4
10/11/14

I give Raise.com 5 stars for the following reasons:
-Value of the giftcard always matches what they claim
-No hidden fees or anything applied to my orders
-Site works great on computer and mobile devices
-Easy to search for a retailer

I had to cancel my most recent order and requested cancellation by email. Customer Service got back to me within 5 minutes and cancelled the order. That is great customer service!

arig2
10/3/14

Bought more than $5k worth of cards in a week for a home remodel project. And then a $400+ home depot card turned out to be a lemon. Been waiting 5 business days and still no resolution,

I haven't lost faith in the process and still continue buying cards on raise.com. BUT if there is no resolution in another 2 business days i will be unnecessarily forced to dispute the charge with the card company. The first charge dispute of my adult life.

Pretty dissapointed
============================================
UPDATE: 10/07/2014
Just got confirmation that a full refund has been processed. So all well that ends well.
Continuing my buying experience on raise.com

anonn4
10/3/14

Got a $100 gift card for AMC. It worked the first time for a $10 charge. I went again and the next time they said I had 0 balance. I called Raise to see what they could do, they refunded me my money back but took the $10 charge because I used it. It was really INCONVENIENCE and I wouldn't recommend people to use this site. If will take more of your time and luck if you want this to work out.

Btw, the Support team on Raise sucks. They don't really inform you anything until you ask, and they aren't eager to help you because they said that they don't own the cards that they sell.

phillipd12
10/2/14

UPDATED: 10/15: Raise.com discovered an extra account opened by my spouse which was the reason ALL of the accounts were suspended. My problem is they could have just suspended one account, or at least contacted me for clarification before suspending every account with absolutely no notice. After leaving a phone message I was contacted later that day by a friendly rep who cleared up the matter, but it should never have been handled this way in the first place. I'm bumping them up one star because of the CSR.

After placing about our sixth order (for a $200 Kmart gift card) Raise.com suddenly suspended my account as well as my spouse's account (with no warning to either), despite having built up at least a two month order history with multiple orders having no ordering or payment issues, as well as initial phone verifications.

We have been attempting to call to clear this up but only run into very long hold times and eventually you are sent to voicemail with no answer.

Several things disturb me about this:

1) Nobody bothered to call or write to inquire if they had concerns about the account(s) and nobody failed any security questions;
2) Both accounts have placed several orders with no problems whatsoever, and Raise.com decided to suddenly suspend accounts after we both placed several valid orders?
3) You cannot reach them by phone to clear up any issues (perhaps they mass-suspended accounts and now everyone is trying to reach them).
4) You don't find out your account is suspended until you place an order.

I find this extremely unprofessional behavior and it has seriously damaged the relationship and trust we have with this company. I can certainly understand fraud protection measures, but after reading the reviews here, they seem to spending far too much time hassling their paying customers and not enough dealing with the numerous examples of fraudulent sellers peddling gift cards bought with stolen credit card numbers that buyers find have been closed by the merchant.

We do business with at least five competitors of Raise.com, and none of them have proven to be a nuisance like Raise.com.

pattic5
10/1/14

Ordered gift card for restaurant Seasons 52 for $200.00, went to the restaurant and it never worked...innumerable emails, 10 days later still waiting for my refund check. Ordered a Petsmart gift card, 3 weeks later that card never came, waiting for credit on my original credit card. Company willing to give me 5.00 off for my troubles!!! What a joke.

Tip for consumers: don't use this company

bryanm60
9/30/14

Bought 5 gift cards in all in order to buy a gift from Macys, saved $100 off of $500. Turn around time for ecodes was about 10-20 minutes unless it was your first purchase. Everything worked (used it in the next hour) so I'm pretty happy.

Like the reviews say, they do call you to verify some information even if you're a buyer, but it's no big deal since it's to fight identity fraud. Besides, they're just confirming information that's already in public databases anyways, no reason to be paranoid about your data.

sd119
9/28/14

After failing the account review process for my wife, Raise decided to suspend not only my wife's account but mine! As we called them, the supervisor said it was at the "representative discretion". We did all we can to satisfy their account verification process including sending a picture of my wife's driving licence which they said was "not valid" (after answering correctly the usual random questions).
This business is just concerned about themselves, not the customer and they will treat you like dirt. Beware!

[EDIT: We received a call from a Customer Representative. He was able to fix the situation and explained how they have to be extra cautious with gift card transactions. After some turbulences over the last few days I think we are back to normal! I will give Raise.com another try as I had been quite satisfied with their services until this incident. Changing my rating accordingly to reflect my overall experience with this business.]

johnd285
9/15/14

Who cares if they have a good site or not, their sales tactics to get your business as a bulk gift card seller is absurd, rude and unprofessional! STAY AWAY