US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Business

Raise.com reviews

•  Email business  •  Phone: 888-578-8422
New customers: $5 off $75 with promo code SJ75.
Claim Deal

311 W Superior St.
Chicago, IL 60654, USA
Tel: 888-578-8422
support@raise.com
New customers: $5 off $75 with promo code SJ75.
Claim Deal

Write Review

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

bryanm60

Bought 5 gift cards in all in order to buy a gift from Macys, saved $100 off of $500. (in 31 reviews)

michaelc126

I contacted Raise Customer Service and notified them of the problem. (in 34 reviews)

bobatc

I contacted customer support immediately and received a new code within 12 hours. (in 8 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

ravin23
3/30/15

Clark understood the situation and helped out, that too on a Friday evening. I was able to go online and use the cards immediately and purchase what I wanted to. Thank you soo much..

helens52
3/30/15

Any time that I have needed assistance customer service was polite, respectful & extremely quick in resolving any issues. If I send an email, customer service has responded promptly in email. When returning a call everyone that I have dealt with has been the exact perfection of who you would want to take care of you as a representative. The staff is wonderful. Raise truly stands behind ALL gift cards that are sold on their site. I would give them 10 stars if I could for being so proactive in making sure that all issues are to ones satisfaction & making me feel like a very valued customer.

kimd39
3/28/15

Went to BELK yesterday to buy some clothes for my gbaby, picked out what I wanted, got an approx amt needed, got on my iPad and purchased a card and within minutes, it was in my wallet and went to check out and saved an additional 13% on top of the 65% I was getting inthe store!! I LOVE saying money!!

Tip for consumers: So far so good for me!!

samh69
3/27/15

I recently had a problem with a Famous Dave's e-Giftcard I purchased from Raise. Since it was one of the first times I purchased an e-Gift card I was a little concerned when the waiter said it didn't work. I sent an e-mail to Raise customer support and had a response in less than 12 hours. In less than 24 hours I was promised a refund that appeared on my credit card account a short time later.

Super customer support in all ways. They've made me a loyal customer.

rameeza
3/24/15

Fantastic, friendly, and fast service from Lizzy.
I messed up a few times in interrupting her but she was so kind and didn't yell at me for it. I didn't do it on purpose, I just have difficulty talking on the phone without interrupting people. Despite this, Lizzy never made me feel bad about it and I thank her greatly for her patience and assistance.

loisl11
3/22/15

I buy a lot of discount gift cards and have been buying them for YEARS. I have never had such GREAT customer service as I did today from a gal named Blair at Raise.com. When I needed QUICK service and an understanding representative no other online discount card site came through as quickly as Raise.com. I am disappointed in other sites, but this site gets a five star plus review from ONE HAPPY CUSTOMER! Buying cards from them, IS A PLEASURE!

tp20
3/22/15

Tried 3 cards, and got suspended. Ordered home depot. added 8.7% savings card to my account, it showed up, went to pay it was no longer available. Tried the next one down 8.5%. same experience, even though the pop up showed added to my account. added then next one also 8.5% completed the transaction. received email confirmations. next day..account suspended and transaction cancelled. Now the only savings available is 8.2%. and argument that the terms and conditions say you cannot have more than one account.....they didn't stop me from signing up, with different info except delivery info.

Tip for consumers: Scam!

rmc1
3/21/15

dear clark
it was a pleasure talking to you and i really appreciate your patience on me especially i dont have knowledge in computer but still you guided me through
if im giving a chance to talk to your CEO im gonna tell him that of all the technical support tech that i have encountered your are the most kind hearted patience, and caring person. im gonna tell your boss that you are an exceptional tech that i have encountered you deserve promotion and a good salary
"til then thanks a lot and goodnight

leej21
3/21/15

I purchased a sonic gift card didn't use it right away. I called and checked the balance on the card and the money was there to use, but by the time I went down to make the purchase the card was empty. Called Sonic and the said the purchase had been reversed do to insufficient funds or dispute from the purchaser. Needless to say my money is gone and raise.com will not refund. I would not use this site again. lost 50.00 No refund . People are using this site to scam money. Be very distrustful and do not give out your personal info either. P.S. Sonic will not do anything either, because cards that are resold like this are considered invalid or void without possibility of refund.

Tip for consumers: If you do purchase from Raise.com Use all the card immediately, do not wait. keep all documentation of purchase. Do not trust that any fund left will be there for next time. and do not give out any personal info like address, phone #s, or ss #.

bettyb23
3/17/15

I've been a loyal Raise customer for a year and a half and love that we can purchase gift cards at a discounted rate. Occasionally we have had issues with a e-gift card card showing it wasn't activated but Raise Customer Service always comes through and provides quick follow up (typically same day response on email) and resolution by refunding our original purchase price. Thanks for the excellent customer service!

triciad3
3/17/15

So far, I have experienced excellent customer service from every customer service rep I have been in contact with. This is a big deal. Most organizations appear to give you the run around and lots of automated phone calls. I was able to contact Raise.com via instant message on their site and chat with a very nice guy who looked into my question and then forward me onto the correct people to take care of and resolve my questions. He told me to expect a response withing the next 2 to 3 days. I heard back from Maria - Member Services with my resolutions within 15 hours. So very awesome. Thank you Raise.com!

richards130
3/16/15

Purchased several gift certificates. Came back a few weeks later to use a restaurant cert and it had zero balance. Went to support to get a refund and they were wonderful...no fighting, quick and immediate response to my issue and refund credited in 2 days. Could not ask for more. would use them anytime.

leat13
3/16/15

I personally have had no problems with this site. I ordered several vouchers through the mail (Outback, Marshalls) and they came quickly via mail, and were honored. Used several e gift vouchers as well. Can't beat it.10-%20 off is a great savings.

Tip for consumers: I checked my cards right away when they were mailed to me, even though I had no intention of using them right away. I wanted to verify validity ASAP.

dawnm27
3/15/15

Used gift cards have their pros and their cons. I'm giving Raise 5-stars, though, because I believe discounted gift cards are a terrific way to subsidize entertainment (e.g. movies) or home projects (e.g. Home Depot). I've tried a few other used card sites, but Raise is my favorite. Their website is secure and easy to use, they also have a 60-day refund policy. Anyone who uses cards regularly will eventually run into a problem -- but it's nothing to worry about as long as you use the cards in a timely manner. I've only had one issue in the past 18 months, and it's resolution was painless. I suggest keeping in mind the 60-day guarantee because you want to buy cards that you will actually use within that timeframe. I purchased a $100 AMC movie card for $80, hoping to use it through the summer. When I tried to use it a 2nd time at the movies, the card no longer had a balance (AMC zeroed it out due to a credit card scam the seller was involved in). I contacted Raise and got an immediate refund. However, had I waited a few more days I would have been past the 60-day mark. For this reason, I no longer purchase cards in the hopes of using them over long periods of time. I also don't purchase them as gifts. However, they are safe to buy and you can also transfer balances to other cards, depending on the type of card you buy. For example, you can transfer a Starbuck's voucher to your personal Starbuck's card. Once you've transferred the balance to your own card, you no longer have to worry about the voucher going bad.

To date, I've only purchased online vouchers and e-gifts, so I can't attest to the delivery of physical cards. The vouchers usually arrive instantaneously. Raise also has an app you can download and use.

Tip for consumers: If you're new to used gift cards, start small. You can buy a Starbuck's or Burger King voucher for a few bucks.

gf24
3/15/15

WATCH OUT, YOU'LL LOSE SO MUCH MONEY HERE!

Most of my experience with Raise was on the sell side. As a bulk seller I've sold over 6 figures worth of cards to several other sites so I have some experience in the industry. Got to say, Raise is a scam. They continually would deceptively tell me a card was invalid. I'd later check the balance and card was fine, full balance as listed. They would sell my cards electronically, at times not pay me. If a buyer returned a perfectly fine card even for "buyer's remorse" they would take the money out of my account. So effectively the buyer gets the card and Raise gets all of the money from the sale or refunds the money to the buyer and I'm stuck with the loss and/or risk exposure. Refused to call back when saying they check into issue immediately.

I only ever bought one card on Raise. Turns out the card expired and was only valid in Cali, I live in PA. It can't even be used online. Their staff made me jump through hoops and spend nearly 2 hours on the phone just to return the card. Then I'm told a refund is sent and that all I have to do is send the card back once I get the refund. Ok great so its all settled right? Wrong. Five minutes later they are emailing me asking for pictures of the card and more questions, b/s. To date I still never got the refund. Site is a total joke.

All they did was string me along assuring me problems were resolved, encouraging me to list more and more cards. Once I had a bunch of cards listed now they say "its not a good fit" for me to sell on the site. Only problem is now they have all the card numbers. Total scam. Waste of time, All things considered, I've lost thousands in dealing with them, never again. I'm talking to legal in their funding company New Enterprise Associates (NEA) hopefully they will be concerned about the image

Tip for consumers: AVOID AT ALL COSTS. Wouldnt sell cards there if I got 100%

irism9
3/13/15

The seller didn't activate the gift card we purchased, however; the Raise representative, Ariel was very kind and patient as to situate the problem.

I did save quite a bit by purchasing gift cards from the Raise.

Wish I found this site long ago that I could have saved more for the Florida trip!

Thanks for being very wonderful!

mikeh146
3/6/15

I've bought four or five cards from raise.com.
One was recently declined. I worked with Jess
and Maria to resolve the issue, and within several
days, I had a refund.

Both Jess and Maria were very helpful and I appreciate how promptly they resolved the problem.

I'm not connected to raise.com in anyway other than being a satisfied customer.

janelm2
3/2/15

Abraham quickly resolved my issue of receiving the funds from a recent listing. Greatly appreciate his attentiveness to the issue and willingness to assist.

janek22
2/23/15

My first contact with their support team was THEM calling ME. I'd mis-typed my email address and they noticed their messages were bouncing back. The call was to get the correction! How extraordinary! Next, I had a bunch of questions what options meant, placing an order with the newly purchased card, etc., etc., and my hand was held with utmost patience until all was resolved. A rare level of care. &, oh, yes, the site has a vast selection from which to purchase easily.

qic
2/20/15

I made a mistake in my order and purchased a physical card instead of an electronic one, the support stuff went all the way to contact the seller and helped me resolve the issue. I am very please with the excellent support I got today.

billyd16
2/14/15

I listed a card for sale in December and this afternoon received notification it had sold. This was my first time using the system and had totally forgotten I had posted the listing and sold the card to a friend in the meantime. I emailed customer service to inquire how to resolve this and ensure the buyer wasn't charged. Blair responded to my email within 25 minutes of reaching out to let me know the issue was resolved and the transaction was canceled. I was anticipating a complex resolution process with lots of hoop-jumping and forms, but the experience couldn't have been more streamlined and simple. I've had countless negative customer service experiences with eCommerce sites so this interaction was so refreshing and much appreciated. I'll definitely use the site again and would recommend it to others as well. Thanks again!

izabellag
2/13/15

Great customer service experience! Personal attention as all issues reported were resolved.

lylah
2/9/15

Excellent! I spoke with Clark this evening, He guided me through the
The web so that I could access my account information. A Gentleman,
He made sure crossed every t was crossed and every I dotted before
Being done with the call. Problem solved, producing a result. Yes!
I got it!
Raise is very fortunate to have the voice of a young man like Clark representing their Customer Service.
Be well and continue to be you!
LDHarris-Blevin

lix5
2/8/15

I have brought many cards from Raise. I think it is ok! Thanks!

allisonb36
2/8/15

I have been using Raise.com for several months now and am really happy with them. I have saved so much money on coffee alone! They absolutely back up their guarantee and the couple of times that there were issues with the cards I purchased, their customer service was quick to respond and resolve the problem.

nathanb64
2/6/15

Excellent - and PROMPT! - customer service. Customer service resolved a failed code immediately and got me up and running again quickly!

amandan13
2/6/15

I purchased three gift cards to Home Depot. The first two worked out OK, but when I was ready to spend the balance on the 3rd card, it had a zero balance. Home Depot helped me looked into the matter and said a lawn mower had been purchased with the card (which I didn't buy). Raise says there is nothing they can do because it is past their 60 day guarantee on the "no expiration" gift card. I am out the $220.12 amount I paid for the gift card.

deew19
2/2/15

I purchased $75 in gift cards, and immediately received an email that my account needed "further verification required". The email message told me I had to call 312-548-1065. They asked me personal questions that are usually asked only by banks and financial institutions. What street I lived on, car details, loan I previously or currently have? I called my credit card company immediately after, and was told Raise was already on their fraudulent activity list...and should be avoided. The fraud department replaced my credit card, and put out a fraud alert to the credit reporting agencies.

Tip for consumers: I have used Cardpool without any issues. Hope my review helps.

michelem33
1/31/15

Awesome support!

chadp9
1/28/15

Great customer service

aruns2
1/24/15

This is to acknowledge three individuals, Maria, Ariel, and particularly Blair, who has provided an exceptional support.

Thank you so much for helping me. I appreciate it. This way, I got increased admiration for Raise. I will continue to use it.

reidn2
1/24/15

I've purchased over $5000 worth of gift cards from Raise as part of a Home Remodel. Only encountered one issue with a bad gift code, and Raise proactively reached out top notify me, immediately refunding my money.

I've saved hundreds from paying for merchandise with Raise gift cards. Very pleased with their service!

jessb41
1/24/15

I ordered two egift cards through Raise. I was a little hesitant at first, having never used this site before, but all the reviews I read said that the customers either got what they ordered or were refunded the full amount they paid, so I figured it was worth trying. After about an hour the order was processed and the codes for both egift cards were on my account. I used them both right away with no problems.

ataha
1/19/15

I contacted customer support regarding an issue. My concerns were addressed and the representative was very sincere and enthusiastic about resolving my issue and gave me a number of options. It's comfortable to be assured that customer satisfaction is a top priority.

crystalj7
1/18/15

Great business and website. I sold three gift cards (Kohls and Cheesecake Factory) and within 30 mins all three were sold and funds available to me. Fast service. I will definitely use them again. Great iPhone app also!!!

Tip for consumers: Get the iPhone app. Very easy to use.

falcont
1/18/15

Their service is extremely bad, and they cheat customers by some awkward tricks. Especially they hide expiration date under a tiny link shown as "Details". You will be never aware about expiration date unless you open the very tiny link shown as "Details". How can a customer figure out expiration date is under a tiny link called "Details"

Tip for consumers: Double check the expiration date within the details link, they hide expiration date under this link to sell nearly expired cards. You could be cheated, if you do not find expiration date under the link

shannas1
1/6/15

I purchased an AMC gift card that was an online e certificate and was told it would be available in one hour. It was not. I was then sent an email that said I needed to be verified and to contact them. Ok..no problem, I did that today. Then after being told by the first CS agent that I couldn't just be refunded (as I wanted to use the certificate last night), I was transferred to another CS rep to be verified. She started asking me questions like my birthdate, places I lived over the past 30 years, etc. It made me very uncomfortable because I felt like it was an identity theft thing. I told her that I did not feel comfortable answering these questions and asked to be refunded. She said no problem, we will refund you and hung up abruptly. I'm hoping they will, but it was just a strange experience! I've never had this happen on any other sites and I do alot of online purchasing through ebay, amazon, nomore rack, etc. And have never experienced this! BEWARE!

megh69
12/26/14

Incredibly pleased with the customer service. I had mistakenly chosen the wrong withdrawal method, and I emailed to get it corrected. I was contacted right away and very professionally by Kayla in Raise Member Services. She seamlessly helped me in my effort to correct it.

sumeetd
12/22/14

Kayla was able to rectify an issue that I had experienced with a Raise gift card. Originally, Jess had efficiently resolved my issue, but in speaking with the gift card issuing department, I learned of an oversight. When I contacted Kayla regarding this error, she was very helpful in resolving my oversight. I feel that both Kayla and Jess's exceptional customer service deserve recognition and hopefully they can be recompense in kind.

debrac15
12/21/14

Most of the time, my transactions with Raise.com are flawless. And my experience with Customer Service when something wasn't perfect has more than overcome any problem I had. Thanks for keeping me in the loop with prompt updates. I get the feeling that I'm dealing with good people who care.

jackies31
12/18/14

although i was on hold for a very long once i was able to speak with someone (mya)
she was very helpful and kept me updated while resoving my issue

karinw1
12/15/14

THRILLED at their highest possible customer service. Phillip went way over and above what I expected. THANK YOU!

sharonr22
12/15/14

Jess in customer service was fantastic. First time customer with Raise.com. Very impressive company! They definitely care about their customers. Will shop again with them real soon for more gift cards.

ma28963
12/12/14

DO NOT buy Starbucks cards from this website!! Starbucks will zero out your card if you add/transfer funds from a card purchased at RAISE. They are not authorized by Starbucks to sell cards.

dianned3
12/11/14

BEWARE! I don't know how reviewers can give a business 5 stars when they send a physical card with a zero balance or NOT AT ALL. If you are purchasing a gift card, raise.com should require the seller to provide an online tracking number. Even with USPS you can check the tracking number online.
I had to wait for over 2 weeks, emailed customer service twice.BIG WASTE of my time. Now I have to start over. There are plenty of better gift card brokers as far as price and service out there so don't waste your time with raise.com

bobatc
12/11/14

I purchased an e-gift card that didn't work. I contacted customer support immediately and received a new code within 12 hours. Not bad for messaging then late at night on a Friday. Great customer service!

jimm818
12/8/14

Raise's customer service is as good as it gets. Yesterday I purchased at $100 Starbucks card from Raise, after having previously purchased a $25 card without an issue. After purchasing the $100 card I applied it to my existing Starbucks card, and today I discovered that Starbucks cancelled my card and "liberated" my remaining balance including $17 I had prior to the $100 transfer. After contacting Starbucks customer support, they say they didn't receive the funds from the gift card and that my purchasing it via Raise violates their terms and conditions, so their security team shut down my card.

I contacted Raise customer support via email, explaining the situation and requesting a refund of the $93.18 I spent on the gift card, which should be no problem with Raise's buyer protection guarantee. Within a few hours someone from customer support named Blair responded, explaining that Starbucks has apparently started flagging cards as fraudulent when purchased through third parties like Raise, when merging the balance with an existing card, and that they would refund my purchase.

I was pretty irritated this morning with how Starbucks handled this, but Raise's response to my dilemma was excellent. The response with quick, they understood the situation clearly, and they immediately moved to resolve the issue and refund me without any hassle whatsoever.

I'm willing to chalk the $17 loss up to a learning experience, but the $93 would have been more difficult to swallow. Thanks to Raise's customer service, I won't spend the rest of the day in a bad mood!

Word of warning, if you buy a Starbucks gift card, don't transfer the balance! I did this once successfully, but clearly Starbucks doesn't care if you've been a loyal customer for a decade. No worries though... I'll just have to get my $17 back in expensive reward drinks!

Thanks Raise customer service!

rickyc9
12/8/14

I have good experience with Raise support and will continue to shop in Raise.

jamesp125
12/7/14

Always Fast and excellent Customer Service. CS Reps are very nice accommodating.

tsai-lingc