US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Business

Raise.com reviews

•  Email business  •  Phone: 888-578-8422
New customers: $5 off $75 with promo code SJ75.
Claim Deal
Review of Raise.com

Raise.com reviews

74%
Madison St.
Chicago, IL, USA
Tel: 888-578-8422
support@raise.com
New customers: $5 off $75 with promo code SJ75.
Claim Deal

Write Review

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

michaelc126

I contacted Raise Customer Service and notified them of the problem. (in 125 reviews)

laceyj

(First time I ordered a Chipotle gift card, which we received but went inactive after 4 times of using it. (in 166 reviews)

ericp38

Hope this is indicative of the kind of customer support that can be expected from all Raise.com support personnel. (in 20 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

nellyg1
2/12/16

I was having trouble ordering a specific gift card I saw on the Raise website. Levi was very good at explaining what had happened. He was very kind and patient.

oiy1
2/12/16

I have been purchasing gift card through your company and now i feel uneasy due to my $300 petco gift card received through mail was a fake. Customer service should at least compensate for what has happen and figure ways to verify seller information before selling it online. I feel customer service is nice but should make buyer happy.

rijov
2/12/16

They have a horrible customer service. I had 2 orders from them for Wholefoods. because of some policy change at Wholefoods i was unable to use most of those gifttcards. When i requested for refunds, they said i will get a refund of about $210. What i got back was $40 and they simply say that i have used up all my other giftcards which is totally false.

josephh76
2/12/16

I had a question about one of my cards. They warned me I was selling to low and fixed it right away. I sold my card at a higher price minutes latter.

megang23
2/11/16

I love Raise.com and my Raise app. and I tell EVERYONE about it. It's been an amazing cost savings to my family. Super easy to use, and the notification/alerts are so helpful so I know what's going on without stalking the site/my app for gift cards I need every second. I LOVE it! I also have had a few minor issues with gift cards (2% in the grand scheme of all my thousands of dollars of purchases), which were resolved very timely by the Raise staff. The Raise guarantee is true and they do back up their service with people who care.

johnm677
2/11/16

Not being sure, (actually no idea) how to use egift cards, I called and spoke to Levi. He was very patient and helpful. Walked me through the entire procedure. I couldn't have asked for anymore than what he did for me! Amazing!

ankurg3
2/10/16

Got through in a couple of minutes and the associate stayed on the line with me while the issue was resolved. Took less than 3 minutes. Highly recommended.

estherf19
2/10/16

Sergio was great in helping me solve my problem. He told me exactly what to do and it solved what I had done wrong. Also, I thought it was wonderful that I got a call back and didn't have to hold on forever until someone answered. I will keep using Raise for the excellent discounts I get.

sandraw72
2/9/16

Every time I call customer service they are very friendly.My refunds are always put back on my account.I tell everybody about Raise

yarac2
2/7/16

Iv saved over 1300 dollars in the last 8 months of using raise honestly anything I buy that they sell a gift card for I buy the gift card through raise and pay for it through a gift card that I purchase through raise.

jamesg170
2/7/16

Ryan was truly interested in helping me. He stayed on the line until my order was placed,

Thanks very much Ryan!

kimm145
2/7/16

I was new to Raise.com and was pleased with the results. I had placed 2 orders and was placing another for a Kohl's card. I received the following notice-

In order to further verify your account, please send in two images of your ID, and attach it to this email. For quicker verification we request that two pictures are taken at different angles (90 and 45 degrees), all four corners are clearly visible, and the background is a normal setting to assist in confirming the security features of the ID. Scanned or faxed copies are not accepted at this time. Images cannot be submitted in compressed (zip) format.

At this time we accept the following forms of ID:
1. State Issued Drivers/Operators License;
2. State ID
3. Non-USA Passport with Visa

Once verified, any open orders that you currently have with us should be processed within 24 hours.

If you have any questions regarding this verification, please give us a call directly at (312) 548-1065.

Gus

I have a USA passport but they only ask for non USA
I don't work for the state, I am a professional with my own practice.
I am not going to send a copy of my DL that can be duplicated.
When I called to inquire the reason for the need of verification to purchase gift card for a clothing store, I was told no further orders would be processed w/o verification.
Guess I won't be ordering anymore.
Beware.

sharonb92
2/7/16

After buying an evoucher for a gift card a few months ago, I used it for the first time this week, then noticed that the balance was lower than it should've been. I was able to look at the transactions for the gift card, and there was a transaction after I bought the card, but before I ever used it. I contacted customer service, and after researching the issue, they credited my account to make up for the difference. It was pretty easy to take care of, and the representative that I worked with, Barbara, was helpful and professional. I would definitely buy again from Raise in the future!

susank76
2/7/16

I have bought thousands of dollars worth of gift cards from this company, only to have terrible customer service of unethical treatment. Last year, Raise put in some additional security measures which caused a great deal of problems as they were sending the code to a different email that my account was under. No one, including four supervisors could fix this problem and I was unable to access my accounts to get the cards I had paid for. Then, a Z gallerie card for $507 was closed (I had confirmed that it was fine when I bought it) and Raise did not respond to my email requests for refund for over two weeks. With the deadline approaching where they would not refund the monies, I disputed the credit card charge. They then closed my accounts and told Chase they would not give me the money back, in violation of their contract with me. I have reported them to the FTC and now buy from other companies. They are not at all concerned I have purchased over $3000 of cards from other companies.

ingridb5
2/6/16

Quinn was very sweet and helpful. Thank you for the great customer service!

brandonr29
2/6/16

Raise is simply excellent. Orders are processed super fast, I can often buy an electronic gift card and have it ready to use on my phone before I'm done shopping. Better yet, their customer service cannot be beat. I had a problem with one card, I emailed them late at night and within MINUTES I already had a refund! I couldn't believe it!

mikem331
2/6/16

I was impressed with Santino's patience and profressionalism in helping solve my problem. I find the staff at Raise to always be customer friendly and very helpful!

bandishp
2/6/16

I have ordered two gift cards for one of the restaurent. Card was delivered to my wallet but cards didn't work in restaurent. I couldn't redeem that cards even if i spent 77 dollars on it. When i asked for refund they say card is valod but there is error by restaurent. I lost my 77 dollars. I would never buy cards from them.

sanderss10
2/5/16

I reported an e-gift card stolen today. After 20 minutes later, they gave me a full refund with 5 dollars credit. You can not find any other companies like Raise. So, I am happy to do businesses with them again! I also believe that you will be happy to buy your gift cards with them!

lucyl36
2/4/16

Good customer service!

johnw400
2/3/16

Excellent customer service

jeremym56
2/3/16

She was very accommodating and nice. My issue with the order not processing was resolved immediately and in a pleasant manner. Kudos!

yelenaf
2/2/16

The issue was resolved in the most time-effective way. Thank you for saving my time!

theresad24
2/1/16

I am new to Raise.com, but am a seasoned shopper with websites, (my preferred shopping for all things nowadays). While searching for cash-saving shopping tips, Raise popped up, and I decided to give it a try, not expecting anything mind-blowing with buying a gift card. Once signed up, I made my first order, and was pleasantly surprised by how quickly my order was processed and how easy (and hassle-free) the e-card was to apply. Given this positive first experience, I decided to purchase more. Right after I submitted the order, I immediately remembered the 'take5' code that Raise had sent me recently. Quickly clicked on Chat, and was connected with Bryce. Bryce took my wonderful experience with Raise to the next level! He was so helpful and quickly addressed my request, with some helpful advice about how to better handle my next order. Raise has amazing customer support! Thank you Bryce, I'll be shopping on Raise.com again!

kyokos
2/1/16

Jerry was awesome and very helpful! Also it was nice to call a customer service line and there finally be no long wait. GREAT experience! Thank you Jerry :)

dianep45
2/1/16

He was very kind & patient with me. He helped me thought my problem. He took his time to explain and listen to me. He made me feel like I & my problem where important. He didn't say you have to go to the link and put in your information he helped me thought it. He is a great asset to your company.

mattl48
2/1/16

Some of the worst customer service I've ever had. Multiple times now. They clearly lack customer support.

dennisy5
1/31/16

Wanted to know how to send a gift card to a business associate....customer service...Lovely was her name...was top notch.

kyled28
1/30/16

It's a pain to get payment from you, takes weeks to get 30 bucks on my third card sale.

sandraz6
1/30/16

Raise has saved me so much money at Starbucks, and they make it so very easy! You just purchase a card online for up to 20% off, you get the card number instantaneously emailed, you add it to your Starbucks app and transfer the balance to your primary card, and voila! You've got an addition to your card for 10-20% off. I love it! I never would buy a regular gift card anymore having discovered Raise.

joanns22
1/30/16

After being informed that I would be credited the amount remaining on a Lowe's card ($232.88), I was sent an email indicating a different amount would be refunded. When I asked the reason for the discrepancy, I received no response. The original amount was $295.25, but there was $232.88 remaining on the card per Lowe's.

Up until that time, I was pleased with the Raise follow-up to two digital cards that didn't work. Should I expect a response?

linellk
1/30/16

Raise.com was an easy, quick way to sell several unused gift cards we had sitting idle for years. From start to finish the process took less than 2 weeks and we have checks in our hands vs. dusty gift cards in a drawer!

maryd152
1/29/16

Raise.com is a great way to save money while purchasing awesome gifts that everyone will appreciate. Great customer service and wonderful savings!

sheilas37
1/28/16

I had a question and two comments regarding my order and Raise in general. Penelope was so helpful on all three. Thank you very much.

frankr59
1/28/16

Very reassuring and pleasant. Helped me with my concern with lightning results!!

umara4
1/27/16

I had called earlier and spoke to Angela. While she wasn't able to resolve my issue, she was very polite and diligent. Emily, however, was amazing. Not only did she resolve my issue most expertly, she also waited on the phone for me to get done with the entire transaction.

Her voice is so calming and friendly, makes me wish I knew her in person. After having to deal with overseas tech-support centers with poor English and cold hearts, it's a pleasure to deal with a warm American voice on the other end.

raghavendrav
1/27/16

Wait time was very minimal and customer service was excellent...! Thanks.

iselac
1/25/16

I had a problem with a gift card, it had zero balance when I went to go use it. I sent an email right away letting the company know what had happened. Within two days I got a full refund back to my account. Thank you thank you!

kellanq
1/25/16

This is the first review I have ever made for a company. I purchased 3 gift cards from Raise. 1 worked; 1 didn't and they refunded me and 1 card I never received & IT WAS ELECTRONIC! I spend $300 on it September '15. It is now January '16 and I still haven't been refunded. I've gone back and forth with customer service over 9 times. Every email is at least a 3 to 4 day response. Their phone lines are also filled most likely due to other customer service problems. STAY AWAY FOR THIS COMPANY

patriciac91
1/24/16

Frustrated that no where on the Raise.com website, does it indicate that a Visa Debit card is not an acceptable form of payment. I called my bank and registered the card and spent a lengthy period of time with both the bank and raise representative trying to use the card only to learn that it is notable acceptable form of payment.

mattg49
1/23/16

I have to say, I did enjoy Raise at the beginning. They had a lot of selection, and their website was well designed. However, their customer service is absolutely horrible. They are impossible to talk to, they took 6 weeks to respond to my emails, and there are no exceptions to any other their stringent policies.

markl164
1/22/16

Lovely (yes, her name) helped answer a question I had. She was courteous and efficient- in a word she was... lovely to work with

alanh70
1/22/16

I dont understand I paid over 200 dollars for cards and did not receive them or a note that they were delayed or back-ordered...I emailed them and got no response...Is this company on the up and up?

Tip for consumers: Watch Your VISA bill

chrisr139
1/20/16

The support from Raise is always great. And the support from Lovely was no different. And the deals, when they work, are great. My frustration is always toward the sellers who, post-delivery, somehow make the balance disappear.

hongc3
1/20/16

I am satisfied with the result .

anupb2
1/20/16

I have discussed a few concerns faced with Raise recently and she could handle all of them in a satisfactory manner. Impressed with her knowledge, patience showed to understand things, and turn around time in resolving the issue. Keep up the good work!

susans180
1/19/16

I realize that buying a resale gift card is risky. There is always the chance that the person who sold the card will use the number before the resale purchaser has a chance to do so. Raise has excellent customer service and guarantees its cards. When I was unable to use a card purchased three weeks earlier, my money was promptly refunded. While it was disappointing to not get the bargain I thought I had purchased, Raise did everything they could to make it right.

bojunl
1/19/16

I couldn't redeem the Amazon Gift Card I bought from Raise.com. But they issued a full refund of my order.

ashlis
1/17/16

Spent and hour and a half on the phone today, after having all of my lowes cards denied in store. Boy was I upset today, it was so upsetting! But then, I called and was assisted by Naevia who not only fixed my problem, but was so calm and kind that my aggravation quickly went away.
She was so helpful! Of all 6 calls I've made recently she's is without a doubt my favorite rep and a shining star at Raise!!!
Thank you Naevia, while you may never see this you'll never know how much your kindness and knowledge of your job made my life easier!!!

jasont73
1/17/16

Everything about this site is done in a quick manner. Whether it be addressing an order issue or delivering an order it is accomplished with speed and the utmost professionalism.

30 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Raise.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
5 days ago
Answer
erinr17
A: Great question, Susan! As with most marketplaces, the best priced item generally sells the quickest. We recommend taking a look at current marketplace prices and then pricing your gift card accordingly.
3 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
3 weeks ago
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Raise.com staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

12 Coupons for Raise.com

Get Up to 27% Off AMC Gift Cards!
Expires: February 16, 2016
Get Deal
No coupon code needed
Shop now at Raise.com to save!
Go to Raise.com