US Government's NSF

1st Review:
carolm1

728 Reviews for QuiBids

Review Highlights

I won three $25 and one $50 gift cards for a total of $125 in value.

$.60 a bid and a whole mob of people trying to get stuff for cheap.

I am an unemployed analyst, so; a) that means I have time on my hands.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

12/22/10

how can people think they are not profiting from failed bids just because they give you an opportunity to purchase at reg price. last i heard msrp is a heck of a lot more than what any retailer will sell it for. they know this and count on people not being stupid enough to pay msrp. and if they are that stupid, then the company rakes in even more profit.most people won't pay msrp so all failed bids become company profit. anyone who cannot understand this should not even be permitted to use a computer for they will surely harm themselves.

12/22/10

This site have a lot of strange things happening. I can or cannot be a scam, but I am very skeptical. Being a Data Analyst myseld, I collected some data from the site.
For example: a 50 bids auction was sold for $ 5.12. I collected the bids data while from begining to end.
By the end of the "auction" I pluged the data on excell and NOT for my surprise I found out that. One "stupid"(if it is a real bidder) or "clever"(if is a quibids employee or a set up program) person spent 79 bids trying to win 50. and 2 others over 40 bids. One of them won which was not the 79 bids.

I don't mean that people are not winning the stuf they are bidding but I am very skeptical about this site.
I myseld won 25 bids, 1 bids and a 15 Itunes gift card for $0.03.
My skepticism is because some stuf on the site leave margin tothink on scam.
I was bidding on one item and it was 10 seconds to go. Twice I was down to one second and it took 3 or 4 seconds to appear that I was the Winner. When I reversed the situation, which means I tried to outbid the person after the clock turned to one second, it immediately made the other bidder the Winner and sent me a message that I did not bid on time.By the way, the winner was the bidder that was bidding since the begining and was outbidding everyone that tried to win the item. It was not an automatic bidding auction.
For who worked with programming, it is very easy to a good programmer to create a routine that will trigger bids on any (or all) auction using random fake names/data from a database previously fixed.

I still have about 40 bids. Will try to get something else and I am out of this site. I really don't trust it.

12/22/10

I can't believe the government haven't caught up with these auction wanna be sites . Total scam I joined one time and learned the hard way what a huge scam these auction sites are. I wrote one auction site one time just to see what they had to say about themselves and I received no response. these sites never respond to people and if they do they still don't address the question asked .I joined thinking it was a real auction if you don't win you don't lose your bids I spent a little over $90 dollars and I'll never ever do this again or recommend it to anyone, I warn all people to stay away these sites are scams and when they see that people are getting wise to them all they have to do not to get in any trouble they just simply change the name of the company. I made an effort to watch all these sites just to see the patterns and what i gathered was not good .These sites get rich fast of false information that they give to people that are trying to get good deals.NO ONE EVER WINS ANYTHING. They make it seem like a real person just won but so not true they are just taking people's hard earned money, they bid against real bidders only to hike the price and then they make it seem like it sold and tell you to go buy more bids. A very clever scam that should be repoted to news, government and etc... it has to be stopped . I watched these site and the same names keep winning and bidding on many things at the same time and they are spending more than what the products are worth. I can go on and on about my findings. BIG SCAMS and the people on here that are writing good reviews are scammers from the auction sites.

12/21/10

Its like your in Vegas every bid you make (that cost you money) you think your going to win than your so far into it with your money ,you just keep going. The web-site is very addictive, Who ever thought of this idea is very clever and making a hell alot of money.! Stay away. I thought I did great winning 3 gift cards for less than $10.00 the first day.But..... after I reviewed my credit card charge account it came out what I paid for my bids and the cards I came out even., NO great deal! This why I do not go to Las Vegas, the second day I went on the web-site and started bidding for another gift card. after all is said and done I ended up paying a total of $300.00 on my credit card for bids and gift cards I won . The gift cards came out to $295.00 but you have to pay for shipping. I ended up paying about $6.00 more and wasting 3 hours bidding! NO big wins.

12/20/10

I read Quibids 101. I read the posts that said you needed to use the site correctly in order to win and I believed them. I tried some bids-thought I needed to give it a few more tries and bought some more. What I found is that when I participated in an "auction" and watched four others occurring at the same time for the same item-my auction went to $90 while the others closed at $11, $22, $32 and $40. This happened numerous times and could not be coincidence. The low closing auctions are there to ,make you believe it is possible but it is not. Those employees and paid writers who are saying we are not using it appropriately should be ASHAMED! I feel so foolish for having believed your posts. I read carefully, I watched numerous items and EVERYTIME I became involved the item sold for tons more and went on for an hour or two more. Additionally the clock jammed a number of times and then all of the sudden one second went by and there were five bids all at once. I know there must be a program or employees in the autions where real customers participate and it drives up those autions and places teaser closed auctions to entice us. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE THAT IT WAS A COINCIDENCE!!! The game is rigged and the only way you will receive something of value is to pay the full price which is ussually $20 to $100 more than what the item sells for in a retail store or on a legitamate site like Ebay or Amazon. This business model would work to be quite profitable for the company and provide a deal for the consumer even if it were run honestly but the persons who are running this are GREEDY and UNETHICAL and I hope it is their ruin. Shame, shame shame!! Do not waste your time or money-just go to a trusted online store. This site will play on your belief in a deal and your desire to win and it will let you down over and over. DO NOT believe those silly pictures on the side with people who say they won five IPODs for their grandchildren or those posts that say you are not using the site correctly. I believed them and lost better than $160.00 that I am far from being able to afford. Shame on me for believing!!

12/20/10

THIS WEBSITE IS A TOTALLY RIPOFF, I JUST SPENT OVER $50 TO WIN A $15 GIFTCARD. ITS RIDICULOUS. I HOPE SOMEONE SUE THESE PEOPLE. BASICALLY, THEY ARE USING MISLEADING ADVERTISEMENT TO STEAL MONEY FROM CONSUMERS. STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE!!!!!!

12/20/10

Scam...have no idea if opposing bids are legit bids or BOTS from the QuiBid Company. Going to report them to BBB and my state attorney's office.

12/18/10

I'm not a poor loser - I'm a poor winner. This site is a SCAM. I won and auction for an iPad. I was a lucky one who placed six bids and won the thing. Pretty amazing. I was thrilled. That was until the iPad never shipped. I contacted Customer Service right after the auction asking if there were different shipping options - the answer is no; they don't have a way of arranging that with the "vendor". That's the first I heard there was a vendor involved other than QuiBids.

After never hearing more about the order, I contacted CS again asking when the item would ship. Two days later I hear back and I'm told they have to contact the vendor and it will take a week to get a response. A week??!?? Where is this vendor and who are they??

I sent another email asking them who the vendor was because I would like to contact them directly. I haven't received a response.

DON'T BID. Even if you "win" a good item, it seems there's a good chance you'll never see it.

12/18/10

i bought the beginner package and won a about 3 bidding vouchers a 10 a 15 and a 100 bid one i won them really cheap too. the most i spent was 1.30 and that was for the 100 bidding voucher after that i lost some bids but then won the new touch screen ipod nano for 3.40 and shipping brought it up to 14 and some change i think its a pretty good site i agree with most of the comments but then again u have to factor in the people who don't do the math and just want to win something at a cheap price and end up bidding more than they should i admit im one of those people who continually hits the bid button but thats what discourages people to bid against me

12/16/10

No wonder such a site is profitable. The drooling mouth breathers with the minds of gnats see the advertising and do not do the basic research into what to expect. Then they complain about their experience. But there are many more people with the same mindset that never read these complaints and jumped in without doing the research. Their complaints are added to the rest, to be ignored by others doing the same thing. I see complaints going back for months which is the main indication that the basic research is not being done. But this is not surprising as I also see the same trend in the voting patterns in elections. No wonder this country is now a third world nation.

12/16/10

Quibids is clearly a bait and switch Scam.

My first visit peaked my interest when I saw large LCD TV's and High end Cameras up for bid. So I purchased $60 worth of bids.

When I logged on after my purchase none of the items I previously saw up for auction were there. A search for TV brought up nothing but cables. This was all in a matter of minutes. Items with 2 hours left on the bidding were gone.
I was using firefox as my browser so I went to quibids.com with internet explore ( which I had never logged onto quibids with).
Behold all the high end items were back.

So viewed them side by side. One just browsing and one where I was logged on to my account.

High end items appeared to be up for bid in the explorer window ( just browsing) but could not be found in the firefox window ( logged into quibids account).
I did contact support and was able to get my money refunded because I had not used any of the bids I paid for.

Say Away from this site!
What you see browsing is not what you get to bid on!

12/15/10

Do you remember when you were a kid and you watched a magician play the shell game with the audience? He always got it right. That is like Quibids. They use magic (trickery) to lure you in and then things disappear. These are the 4 issues I noticed about Quibids within the first 48 hours of using their site. If you do choose to sign up, don't say I didn't warn you!

1. I purchased my starter bid pack and more than half of the auctions were removed from the website, even after I won my beginner auction I could not see ALL of the auctions listed on Quibids. If I was on my other computer not signed in I could see them just fine. I had to call customer support and wait 10 minutes for someone to answer the phone. Then they told me they do this on all beginner accounts. Why? We don't sign up to win bid packs, we sign up to win the items you are advertizing all over the internet (mac laptops, ipads, digital cameras).

2. Your auctions don't seem to be legit. I have watched several auctions and noticed there are lots of shill bidders. There are people who actually WANT to win the items, but get frustrated at the people who bid just to piss others off. I don't know if they are employees of Quibids doing this just to up the price of an item or if they are just people who have no life and want to instigate auctions.

3. Quibids 101 says DO YOUR HOMEWORK on an item before you bid. How can I do my homework on historical auctions if you remove them from MY account? Example. I want to bid on a DSLR, however when I log into my account and search for Canon or Nikon - all of the DSLR's have been removed from the closed auctions. HOWEVER, if I search on another computer NOT logged into my account they are there for everyone to view. How can you expect a customer to do their research. I think you need to practice what you preach.

4. Autobidders - this doesn't seem to be an ethical way to conduct business. All the websites that tell you how to win a penny auction basically tell you it is statistics/strategy. However there are so many different autobidders out there to assist people in making sure they win the auction. If there are so many autobidders and people thinking they can win the auction it is based soley on LUCK and NOT strategy. Maybe the autobid makers have teamed up with the penny auction sites to ensure that they don't go out of business.

12/15/10

I think it is pretty funny that soooo many people on here are mad that quibids is making a lot money. Isn't that the American dream?

My father and I bought the $48.00 package and we walked away with three items worth over $110.00. Once you add in the shipping we totaled about $59.00.... I will continue to "play" on the site if I can keep up that kind of small success. I find it rather entertaining.....
1. $25.00 gift card to applebee's
2. A voice activated alarm clock that "actually" retails for $60.00 not the $80.00 the site said
3 $25 Walmart gift card

*** I have nothing to do with quibids.*** I am a residential and commercial mortgage banker in SC.... So don't call me a pencil whipper for the site!

12/14/10

Used to be cool, but too many people on now...

I started using Quibids about 6mo ago and I cleaned up back then! I got about $3,500 worth of stuff for around $1,000. But that was then...

Nowadays there are less items and too many people. It feels like Quibids is now trying to maximize profits by limiting the number of auctions available, thus there are always 20 or so bidders bidding at the last second. It is nearly impossible to win and get a good deal now.

I will never use Quibids again.

12/13/10

Hi, all buddies. We should try our best to close the scam by high tech. Attack it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12/12/10

qbids.com
Like several reviews I saw (following a google search and leading to this site, though the other reviews don't come up now on search! too bad....)

This site seems above-board, explaining how the idea is like "going going gone". But the truth is that there is no point in "bidding" except when the clock ticks down, and it is constantly re-setting, with little to no predictability as to when the required "exactly at zero" push will register. I played against quiet groups only to watch the screen freeze at zero and declare a "new player" winner. I've seen "autobid" tools drive up the bid price and there's no way to know if it's all human beings doing the bidding, and the company makes money on bids, which are fast and furious.

Bad enough that the site is a glorified "eBay themed slot machine" where neither skill nor method can be helpful, and there is never any confidence of it being fair and un-rigged. Worse: Within minutes of "winning" a small beginner prize (more bids!) I learned that (1) there is a $2 "service" charge for the immediate/automated crediting of extra bids, and that this must be paid for separately from the bid account; and (2) after paying from a separate, secure Paypal source, within 2 minutes I received phishing letters from Paypal (which I'd not used at all for any other purchases) saying that I'd successfully bought an electronic item I never heard of, nor bid on. It was a fake, and I didn't follow the link. The next thing I know, however, I'm getting hit by lots of email (actually) from Qbids but sent to variations on my email, not my actual address.

I'm thinking not only is this a racket akin to the "variable reinforcement" addictiveness of slot machines, but it's as or more random, and may be like handing out a blank check to spammers and phishers in addition.

As some of the older reviews *here* warn (and I hope they're still findable!) - I'd definitely avoid this site. It's tempting but ends up stealing hours of time piddling away clicks one cent at a time, bidding against real people, robots, and Lord knows what else. Not only is it totally unlike the consumer-oriented eBay site, offering protections for buyers (and identifying the seller!) but there are usually only one or two "bait" items (iPads and an occasional laptop) mixed in with all the packages of bids - easy to win and hook one into more profitable bidding on impossible to win items.

Warning! Warning! Warning!

12/11/10

The website is a rip off.. i repeat, its a rip off , don't get lured in... just like the lottery, many play the game and very very very few ever win. it's a game of chance, it is not a real auction. I watched the site for weeks... never gave them my money... pay attention, they post fake auctions to lure you in on main website, once you login, you will never find those same auctions.. not logged in, I clicked on an xbox system with the new kineck system.. it asked me to login... so i did, then i clicked on "bid" it came up with an error saying i had to validate my account before i could bid, once i did that, i went to find the auction and it was no where to be found - when just five minutes earlier it said it had 47 minutes left.. so i tested it, i logged back off of the system, closed my browser, and went back to quibids.com - there was the xbox system again.. but once i logged in again, the game system was no where to be found again and not listed in the recently sold items list..

I am glad that i took the time to research... and did not waste my money.. only wasted my time.. remember, if something is too good to be true, it's usually not true.. don't fall for the tricks.. they will only take your money and leave you with nothing.....

Apprentice Reviewer
12/11/10

OMG!!! I absolutly hate this website!!! The timers just kept repeating themselves, and not because of other bidders. In a nutshel, SCAM!!!

12/11/10

I try to get I Pad, spend over $ 300 in bids, and up to buy that item, because was big investment, to leave , total I spend was over $ 650, so and in store you could buy it for $500 or less, so never ever try this site !!!

12/11/10

On December 4th I actually won 2 auctions- nothing large, just 2 small kitchen appliances from quibids "home & garden" category. Within minutes of winning, I immediately processed my payments to quibids through Paypal and was notified within an hour that my credit card had been debited & quibids had received my payment. On their webpage, quibids quotes 100's of "happy" winners who received their merchandise within days of winning their auctions. Nothing could be further from the truth!!! After a week of receiving no confirmation whatsoever from quibids, I emailed them to check on the status of my 2 orders. Turns out they claim to have no record of my first winning auction and I have recieved nothing back from quibids to resolve my complaint- no refund, no merchandise, no emails, no nothing... The second item (a George Foreman grill) was "out of stock" and quibids claimed they were "having trouble with this particular vendor fulfilling their orders". Quibids finally notified me that my grill was shipped via FedEx and I received it in 12/11. The shipping charge I had to pay when I won the auction was $20. When I received my grill, though, I was immediately struck with how- after shelling out $20 for shipping- it was not in any way packaged to be transported halfway across the country!!! It had not been shipped in any type of protective carton- just the "factory" box that you would find it in on a shelf at any local store with my name & address scribbled on the box with a Sharpie. Worse still, the "factory" box was not even sealed and one of the cardboard flaps was sticking out from the side of the box. I was not terribly surprised then when I opened the box and found the entire plastic top of the grilling assembly was cracked beyond repair. So now, after winning 2 auctions I am left with 1 item quibids can't account for and a second that is damaged beyond repair & is completely useless. What a waste of time and money! My hunch is that quibids sells refurbished crap that vendors are trying to unload then passes the already damaged junk off to unwilling "winners" like me who get their shorts ripped off in the end. Please, please, please- I know quibids pitch sounds appealing and it's easy to get caught up in their addictive 1 or 2 cent auctions- but avoid this company like grim death!!! Your chances of winning are slim at best and even if you win- YOU LOSE!!!

12/9/10

Absolute genius created it. Biggest scam of this century thus far...even if they scam a tenth of us just once, they're set for life. And it's legal. TRUST ME DO NOT DO IT (unless you feel like pissing away $50 minimum in an hour bc you just can't help yourself.)

12/8/10

Verrrryyy sketchy. You buy the bids for .60 cents a piece and then sit at your computer for possibly HOURS watching the item you want as you and other suckers keep plunking down their bids hoping vainly that you'll be the last man standing.

My biggest complaint is that on at least five occasions, I threw bid after bid at an item, only to keep getting outbid. Then, magically, as SOON as I quit bidding, some one who just joined the auction WINS! I just wasted $40-$50 in bids on something and some schmuck who just showed up wins the item because the other bidder with whom I was competing got fed up at the same time as me and walked just like I did!

They suck you in with promises of 50" plasma flat screens for $3.50. I NEVER saw something that nice go for under about $75, but you have to spend probably $200 in bids and winning is PURE LUCK! You can easily spend 3-4 hours and $200 and come away with nothing.

12/7/10

It was OK at first...I won an Ipad for a total of probably only $100 (bids and costs), then I won the "Premium Golf Balls" which showed a photo of Bridgestone golf balls (as did the description), but when I went to pay for them and choose which balls, no Bridgestones were available...only Titleists and Calloways which my husband doesn't play. Three complaints to them, and they just said the choice was the choice. No more quibids for me.

12/7/10

This is a total scam Do not waste your money You might as well open the window and throw your money outside

12/6/10

Not worth it. It's a trap. Stay away from it completely. They buy an item for $800, they charge .60 a bid, with only one-cent bids (which is only a deal for them). By the time all the bidding is over, they make out quite well. You're better off going to a casino. At least you know you're gambling. STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE, UNLESS YOU LOVE TO GAMBLE AND THROW YOUR MONEY AWAY AND WATCH OTHER PEOPLE JUST TAKE FREE MONEY FROM YOU!

12/5/10

Gamblers only need apply. There is a difference between betting and bidding. With quibids, only the winner ends up having bid. Everyone else was betting, and they lost their money. Calling this an auction site is misleading. This is a gambling site.

12/4/10

when you register they automatically charge your credit card over $40, so that you can "bid" on their auctions and buy more bucks to bid on more auctions. Overrated.

12/4/10

It's an online auciton that you have to pay to bid. It's costs 60 cents no matter what,and it's rare to win any auction for one 60 cent bid. You pay for your bid, plus the cost of the actual auction and shipping/handling. So Ebay is better, since a buyer doesn't pay to bid on their auctions, and there are no fees involved for Ebay bidders.

12/3/10

One person talks about how this site is not a scam by definition, but pure capitalism. He is right! In today's society ignorance is BLISS, some intelligent Entrepreneur found a way to capitalize on ignorance! Face it people, if you fell into the trap of buying bids, quibids didnt scam you, you scammed yourself into thinking something so good could actually be true!!!! Ignorance??? I think so!

12/2/10

I am wondering if any people won 2 times or more. If not, the auction is cheating. All the bidders are not real besides you. I spend 40 bucks and 2 hours but just won a flush driver valued less than 10 in the begining easily nothing after that.

12/2/10

Here's the REAL scam: go to the website and see all the great stuff being "auctioned" live. Then buy bids and log on - all those great items disappear. You have a ton of gift cards and cheaper items only available to bid on, with 1 or 2 big ticket items being auctioned. Just log on using one browser (Explorer) and open the website in another (Firefox)and see for yourself. But you must be a customer, logged in to your account to see the difference. CURRENT CUSTOMERS VERIFY THIS FOR ME-THX

12/2/10

DON'T waist your money! This site is the biggest RIP-OFF!!!!! Huge scam, I'm sure it won't be in buisness much longer

12/1/10

Guaranteed Bots! Proof - Here's how it works. Items you see go for real low $$$ are because no one is bidding on them or someone did and gave up and the bots realize this and presto a Bot won! Big deal bots don't have to pay. This moves the items fast to entice more bidding on possible more attractive items. So, if you like an item and you stick it out, especially $25 items you will see bots out bidding themselves. What i mean is they bid like 40 times which is more then what the item is worth! see 40 bids at 60 Cents a piece is $24 plus the auction price when you could just buy it now for $25! BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS

12/1/10

I like this site. The negative is that you have to buy your bids. You need to be careful & watch the items before you start bidding. So far I have won 6 items and am a head by $60 and I still have bids not used yet! You need to research the items before you start bidding so you know how many bids you are willing to go before you give up. The items I have bid on have not been high price all under 50 dollars. It has taken a couple of weeks to get the gift cards. I just won three items last night so it will be interesting to see how long it takes to arrive. You really really need to do your homework before you start biding so that you can make smart choice's. So far I have had success.

12/1/10

I think quibids is a great site if you know what your doing and you concentrate on one bid at a time.....if your all over the place with different bids, your just going to run out of bids, end up loosing everything you bid on, and be out how ever much you spent on bids. I spent $45 on bids, and started off stupidly....eventually I settled on one thing, and won it for $.15.....it was a playstation controller and controller charger pad retailed at $30 some dollars. I hadn't recieved my order and eventually got a email from customer support apologizing that my item was no longer in stock and they were willing to replace my order with a Walmart gift card in the retail amount of the item plus shipping. I wrote them back accepting the offer, but still didn't hear anything and I thought to myself, this is where the trouble starts. But i looked up on my bank statement when I purchased the bids and on the transaction there is a phone number, called the phone number, talked to customer support, and had my gift card in the amount of $42.57 in the matter of a week! So in the end I am out $2.43 cents, but satisfied to say the least. I will not use the site again, but it can be good for some and bad for others!!!

12/1/10

DON't DO IT. Its sixty cents per bid. Every time you hit the button its bingo for them. Its looks good, sounds easy, but you will go through money worse than a slot machine. I believe that there are 3 or 4 people pulling their money together ( a team) to out bid you. I tried not to get into "bidding wars" but the final result is your going to spend a lot of money. Even when you win, you lose. You still have to pay for what you won, plus shipping. IPAD for $95.00 ? That 9500 bids x .60 figure it out. STAY AWAY !!!!!!! Don"t let them lure you in.

11/30/10

I have just been reviewing all the reviews because i too am interested by Quibids. You all make it seem so bad but to me it looks like you are trying to cover up your mistakes by pointing fingers. Most of your points are valid, it definitely looks like they are making a SH*T load of money, but why did you continue to bid in the first place after you spend more then the products actual value? I think their response is BS and this website is very dangerous but did you ever consider that some of those problems could have just been you? For example the freezing clock was probably caused by your computer's lack of RAM and many people "Sniping" the bid at the last second. They actually seem legit to me, but i wouldn't try it because i would go broke in a matter of minutes. Very tricky of them huh, with the whole pay per bid thing. Just in case you are wondering, no i don't work for them in any way, but I'm sure someone who just lost a bid and is mad will accuse me of being an employee.

11/30/10

Does anyone know if this site is even legal? I bought the $25.00 bid package only to realize when I went to bid that the site was a ripoff. Consequently I never bid on anything. I recently received an email that the bids I bought from them (keyword: bought) expired and I would have to buy more if I wanted to bid in the future. I think a class action may be down the road for this company!!

11/30/10

This is a complete scam. DO NOT USE. The grab your attention by letting you win a few small auctions at first and then the more and more you get into it the more and more they suck out of you. They auction off some expensive items but end up making many many times the products actual price. I was in an auction for a blender for 30 minutes and spend all my bids determined to win it just to have the timer freeze and some other person win because of it. And of course their "customer service" said absolutely nothing about it when I questioned them. DO NOT USE!! DO NOT USE!!!!!!

11/30/10

The site is very, very dangerous in the same way that Las Vegas can be. As a result of human nature you look for that "bargain" and are reluctant to walk away when only "a few more bids" will get you that $2000 iMac or Canon camera for less than $100. You tend to forget that each bid costs $.60. You feel you are not spending real money. This is the same concept applied in casinos where you put chips on the table and not a $10 bill. You know the chip is $10 but you don't think of it that way.

Sure you can win something. I bid on a meat thermometer - something I didn't even need just because I thought I could get it cheap. I did, it cost me 1 bid and I got it for $03. If I hadn't canceled an additional $3.99 in shipping would have been charged for an item cost of $4.02 plus the $.60 cent bid - total cost would therefore have been $4.62. I'm sure that is was a very good meat thermometer but Bed Bath and Beyond probably had it for a similar price. Fortunately, they let you cancel but you lose the cost of your bids.

The point is that I was bidding on something I didn't need just to see if I could win. When you really want something you wind up bidding and bidding and bidding. The site is addicting (just like gambling). I wound up spending all day on the site, spent about $300 in bids and didn't "win" anything. It is the addictive quality of the site that makes it more of a gambling experience then anything else.

Be careful!!! It is VERY easy to get sucked in and buy just one more pack of bids. Before you know it you've spent a great deal of money on a chance. Kind of like the carnival or playing skiball. You know you wind up paying more for playing the games then the prize would ever have cost you in a store.

Never ever bid on anything until the cost is a penny or two. What's the point. Even when you bid that penny you know that bidomatic or someone is going to bid again. About the only way you can win is if the bidders tire of it and that final bidder forgets to click or has run out of bids.

A very, very dangerous site. Gamblers Anonymous will probably see some members because of this site. It is however a great business model. Gambling without calling it that and having to deal with various gaming laws. Go to Vegas instead, see a show and have dinner. Even do some gambling (if you can set limits and walk away). Your money will have been better spent.

I would not be surprised if people spent thousands of dollars a month on this site to get that one "deal".

It's not a scam, just gambling.

TIME WASTER
If you have time to kill, you might not get totally ripped off.
The reason I have given it two stars is that some people might actually enjoy this and want to spend time and money trying to get a deal. Also, a lot of the comments about how much the site makes I believe to be irrelevant. The focus should be on what you get out of it, not what the business does. I am a capitalist pig for sure so more power to QuiBids to make as much as they want. It is the consumers responsibility to be frugal. Now read my personal experience.
I have taken a break from bidding on QuiBids to leave this review. The whole reason I had to take a break was that you can only win three auctions in a 24 hour period. My experience has been this: First, taken in by promises of amazing deals, bought the smallest bid pack and got in there. Of course, it seems they let you win the starter auction for more bids to make you believe you can do this. So I did that. Then I started figuring out that you have to wait for an item to get to a certain price before you start bidding. Commit to bidding for that item and watch your savings go down. I have so far put out about $56.00 for $50 worth of WalMart gift cards (2x$25). In one of the auctions, there was 10 more bids. So I am only out $6 so far and I have 62 bids left to try to get ahead. Once I do get ahead, I will stop. Here's why: Time waster. I have spent so much time watching these auctions trying to figure out how to win them and actually save some money. The time I've spent is worth much more than I'll save but at least my wallet will break close to even on this. Don't waste your time. But if you have fun watching a clock tick down from 10 seconds over and over again, enjoy!!

11/30/10

I can not believe this website is still running. I understand you will have to pay for every bid, and also understand you have a chance to buy something for crazy cheap, but I have not received any confirmation email regarding my winning items. I actually won 2 items, each under $1.00. I became a member a week ago and won my first item right away... But how can I be called a winner when I have spent $85 plus shipping and process fees and don't even have the items yet? How can I be called a winner when I don't have any email confirming my winning? and Finally How can I call myself a winner when I have exposed my credit card (amex) to this website which I have NOT READ ONE SINGLE POSITIVE COMMENT about it???? You be the judge. By the way, does anyone know who do people report a scam websites like Quibids.com?

11/29/10

Sounds great, doesn't it? For pennies on the dollar you can buy stuff. Not as easy as it sounds. If you like gambling you'll like this site. Otherwise just have fun with it. They are legit, but there's lot's of limits. I had some early successes so I bid on an expensive item, did not have an accurate count of my bids, had to buy more and lost the auction during that time. I would have gotten a real bargain if I could have stayed in just a few more minutes. LESSON 1: Have enough bid dollars at 60 cents a bid to "buy it now." Once you've sunk that many bid dollars, quit bidding and buy it. I looked at the $300 I sunk and the $150 loss by selling the item on ebay so I decided to exercise the "buy-it-now" option and "buy-it-now" is full retail. LESSON 2: Always be prepared to buy it now. If you don't want the item or don't want to hassle with Craig's List or Ebay, don't bid. LESSON 3: You can't win much. So you're successful at this auction style. In the fine print it limits wins to 8, only one of the same item with value of $285, and only one of anything worth more that $999 in 28 days. If you win a Playstation 3, for example, you're locked out of Playstation 3 auctions for 28 days. Other limits are 3 per day. There are other restrictions and those voucher bids have lots of limits. So at a maximum it's possible to win about $8000 of merchandise a month although you have to consider sinking about half the value of the item into an auction to win it. Nothing to sneeze at, but won't make you rich either.

Bottom line, unless you're as sharp as a casino card counter, only use this site for fun and expect to pay full retail.

11/28/10

Price at which ipad is sold to the winner seems very tempting. But be careful if you are bidding and have spent couple of hundred dollars and are thinking of going with buy it now option - Apple iPad 16 GB Wi-Fi price is about $129 higher than the actual retail price.

I started bidding and ended up losing $300 so decided to buy it at listed $629. However, i noticed later that the actual ipad retail price is only $499. Be very careful so that you don't loose money like me.

Quibids 101 does not seem to be accurate. It says:
*The value price is based on the price you would pay through other retailers."
This is not true.

11/28/10

DO NOT DO NOT DO IT. Just finished checking my first time on and bidding. I calculated I spent $104 buying bids. Could not sleep all night thinking how foolish and what that money could have bought. Checked my bank online, they took out 3 times the amount. I tried using the friendly online chat my computer shut down, ran so slow. Rebooted twice. Now I am suggesting to you not to use. I will have to call my bank to see if I can recover some of my funds. What I lost was my fault but there is no explanation for the rest. CAREFUL folks.

11/28/10

Guys. Don't you tired to complain about this site? If you want to pay them same change, I can give you the good idea. Go to google, type it quibids.com and click on yellow/paid top link of their web site. If all of you who suffer from them will do that every day, few times, it will cost them tons of $ to advertise in google. This how you will be able to make this site to shuts down without able to do marketing. Vote for this comment so anyone will be able to see that.

11/28/10

It seems they out bid each time and they are gettings 20 times of what the item is worth, They got me for 48.00 but I won a 25.00 gift card it seems this is not a real auction @ 1 cent bids they auction off things worth a few hundred dollars nd getting thousands in some cases, it's legal but they will be short lived with all the bad comments?? is anyone checking them for storing your credit card information?? we are all guilty of being dumb.

11/27/10

It's a scam. I logged on using a "free" intro bid pack (25 bids) and it charged my credit card $48!!! For 80 bids! I'm just finding this out now after going through my SPAM folder in my email. I won two bid packs, used them to win a $10 gift certificate. Whoopie. I never actually SAW the 80 bids listed anywhere, and in the quibids account, the charge does not show up anywhere as a "purchase" of bids... it's really slimy. PLUS, they are making money hand over fist for what they are offering.

Unless you have a gambling addiction (or you want one!) don't bother with this site. Winning is difficult, and you pay .60 for each bid. NOT .02 or .01 like they are listed... no, you are paying 60 cents per click for something that you may not get and they will get ten times what the thing is worth once the bidding is over- which, apparently can go on for as long as people are bidding.

DON'T BOTHER LOOSING YOUR MONEY HERE!!! THAT IS ALL YOU WILL DO!!!!

11/27/10

QiiBids direct new users to "Beginne Auctions" where they can spend their mone on new "bid-packs" that have no retail value - so when you go to start bidding on items you want to buy, your bids do not count towards the purchse price of the item. Again and again I see Quibids emplyees on these sites claiming "you can't really lose as long as you are willing to pay the purchase price if the item since if you lose the auction, every bid counts towards the purchase price" <-- this is a big fat lie.

QuiBids scams new users into using their real money to purchase worthless bids.

11/26/10

After reading and trying this "scam" of a site, it is clear that you are lured in quickly in to buying a "bid package," the rest does not matter you already spent your money on the site. Even if you do it once multiply over the million that do it once....

It seems that everyone wins in the beginning some gift certificate, but I have yet to hear from someone who keep on winning.

This site is a scam

About QuiBids
Specialties & Business Description
QuiBids is a penny auction site.