US Government's NSF

1st Review:
orangeo

730 Reviews for QuiBids

Review Highlights

I won three $25 and one $50 gift cards for a total of $125 in value.

$.60 a bid and a whole mob of people trying to get stuff for cheap.

I am an unemployed analyst, so; a) that means I have time on my hands.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

12/16/10

No wonder such a site is profitable. The drooling mouth breathers with the minds of gnats see the advertising and do not do the basic research into what to expect. Then they complain about their experience. But there are many more people with the same mindset that never read these complaints and jumped in without doing the research. Their complaints are added to the rest, to be ignored by others doing the same thing. I see complaints going back for months which is the main indication that the basic research is not being done. But this is not surprising as I also see the same trend in the voting patterns in elections. No wonder this country is now a third world nation.

12/16/10

Quibids is clearly a bait and switch Scam.

My first visit peaked my interest when I saw large LCD TV's and High end Cameras up for bid. So I purchased $60 worth of bids.

When I logged on after my purchase none of the items I previously saw up for auction were there. A search for TV brought up nothing but cables. This was all in a matter of minutes. Items with 2 hours left on the bidding were gone.
I was using firefox as my browser so I went to quibids.com with internet explore ( which I had never logged onto quibids with).
Behold all the high end items were back.

So viewed them side by side. One just browsing and one where I was logged on to my account.

High end items appeared to be up for bid in the explorer window ( just browsing) but could not be found in the firefox window ( logged into quibids account).
I did contact support and was able to get my money refunded because I had not used any of the bids I paid for.

Say Away from this site!
What you see browsing is not what you get to bid on!

12/16/10

I bid on an item. Won it and it was broken when arrived. I emailed my my ticket to them, mentions the problem, had all item info and have never heard from them. Now I am out of $8. bucks plus when I won I tried again only not to win our have enough after $60 to buy it now item. I only wish to return the item for a new one but the site said not to send it back to sender? well..live and learn..rip off

12/15/10

Do you remember when you were a kid and you watched a magician play the shell game with the audience? He always got it right. That is like Quibids. They use magic (trickery) to lure you in and then things disappear. These are the 4 issues I noticed about Quibids within the first 48 hours of using their site. If you do choose to sign up, don't say I didn't warn you!

1. I purchased my starter bid pack and more than half of the auctions were removed from the website, even after I won my beginner auction I could not see ALL of the auctions listed on Quibids. If I was on my other computer not signed in I could see them just fine. I had to call customer support and wait 10 minutes for someone to answer the phone. Then they told me they do this on all beginner accounts. Why? We don't sign up to win bid packs, we sign up to win the items you are advertizing all over the internet (mac laptops, ipads, digital cameras).

2. Your auctions don't seem to be legit. I have watched several auctions and noticed there are lots of shill bidders. There are people who actually WANT to win the items, but get frustrated at the people who bid just to piss others off. I don't know if they are employees of Quibids doing this just to up the price of an item or if they are just people who have no life and want to instigate auctions.

3. Quibids 101 says DO YOUR HOMEWORK on an item before you bid. How can I do my homework on historical auctions if you remove them from MY account? Example. I want to bid on a DSLR, however when I log into my account and search for Canon or Nikon - all of the DSLR's have been removed from the closed auctions. HOWEVER, if I search on another computer NOT logged into my account they are there for everyone to view. How can you expect a customer to do their research. I think you need to practice what you preach.

4. Autobidders - this doesn't seem to be an ethical way to conduct business. All the websites that tell you how to win a penny auction basically tell you it is statistics/strategy. However there are so many different autobidders out there to assist people in making sure they win the auction. If there are so many autobidders and people thinking they can win the auction it is based soley on LUCK and NOT strategy. Maybe the autobid makers have teamed up with the penny auction sites to ensure that they don't go out of business.

12/15/10

I think it is pretty funny that soooo many people on here are mad that quibids is making a lot money. Isn't that the American dream?

My father and I bought the $48.00 package and we walked away with three items worth over $110.00. Once you add in the shipping we totaled about $59.00.... I will continue to "play" on the site if I can keep up that kind of small success. I find it rather entertaining.....
1. $25.00 gift card to applebee's
2. A voice activated alarm clock that "actually" retails for $60.00 not the $80.00 the site said
3 $25 Walmart gift card

*** I have nothing to do with quibids.*** I am a residential and commercial mortgage banker in SC.... So don't call me a pencil whipper for the site!

12/14/10

Used to be cool, but too many people on now...

I started using Quibids about 6mo ago and I cleaned up back then! I got about $3,500 worth of stuff for around $1,000. But that was then...

Nowadays there are less items and too many people. It feels like Quibids is now trying to maximize profits by limiting the number of auctions available, thus there are always 20 or so bidders bidding at the last second. It is nearly impossible to win and get a good deal now.

I will never use Quibids again.

12/13/10

Hi, all buddies. We should try our best to close the scam by high tech. Attack it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12/12/10

qbids.com
Like several reviews I saw (following a google search and leading to this site, though the other reviews don't come up now on search! too bad....)

This site seems above-board, explaining how the idea is like "going going gone". But the truth is that there is no point in "bidding" except when the clock ticks down, and it is constantly re-setting, with little to no predictability as to when the required "exactly at zero" push will register. I played against quiet groups only to watch the screen freeze at zero and declare a "new player" winner. I've seen "autobid" tools drive up the bid price and there's no way to know if it's all human beings doing the bidding, and the company makes money on bids, which are fast and furious.

Bad enough that the site is a glorified "eBay themed slot machine" where neither skill nor method can be helpful, and there is never any confidence of it being fair and un-rigged. Worse: Within minutes of "winning" a small beginner prize (more bids!) I learned that (1) there is a $2 "service" charge for the immediate/automated crediting of extra bids, and that this must be paid for separately from the bid account; and (2) after paying from a separate, secure Paypal source, within 2 minutes I received phishing letters from Paypal (which I'd not used at all for any other purchases) saying that I'd successfully bought an electronic item I never heard of, nor bid on. It was a fake, and I didn't follow the link. The next thing I know, however, I'm getting hit by lots of email (actually) from Qbids but sent to variations on my email, not my actual address.

I'm thinking not only is this a racket akin to the "variable reinforcement" addictiveness of slot machines, but it's as or more random, and may be like handing out a blank check to spammers and phishers in addition.

As some of the older reviews *here* warn (and I hope they're still findable!) - I'd definitely avoid this site. It's tempting but ends up stealing hours of time piddling away clicks one cent at a time, bidding against real people, robots, and Lord knows what else. Not only is it totally unlike the consumer-oriented eBay site, offering protections for buyers (and identifying the seller!) but there are usually only one or two "bait" items (iPads and an occasional laptop) mixed in with all the packages of bids - easy to win and hook one into more profitable bidding on impossible to win items.

Warning! Warning! Warning!

12/11/10

The website is a rip off.. i repeat, its a rip off , don't get lured in... just like the lottery, many play the game and very very very few ever win. it's a game of chance, it is not a real auction. I watched the site for weeks... never gave them my money... pay attention, they post fake auctions to lure you in on main website, once you login, you will never find those same auctions.. not logged in, I clicked on an xbox system with the new kineck system.. it asked me to login... so i did, then i clicked on "bid" it came up with an error saying i had to validate my account before i could bid, once i did that, i went to find the auction and it was no where to be found - when just five minutes earlier it said it had 47 minutes left.. so i tested it, i logged back off of the system, closed my browser, and went back to quibids.com - there was the xbox system again.. but once i logged in again, the game system was no where to be found again and not listed in the recently sold items list..

I am glad that i took the time to research... and did not waste my money.. only wasted my time.. remember, if something is too good to be true, it's usually not true.. don't fall for the tricks.. they will only take your money and leave you with nothing.....

12/11/10

ITS A SCAMM DONT SIGN UP. IT ASKED ME WHERE IT SHOULD SEND MY STUFF WHEN I WIN THE AUCTION AND HOW I WOULD PAY ETCC.. I PUT IN MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER AND AS SOON I REGISTERED IT HAD SOLD ME $60 WORTH OF BIDS THAT I DID NOT AUTHORIZE.ITS A SCAMM YOU CAN BUY THOSE PRODUCTS AT EBAY OR RETAIL STORE AND YOU WILL BE BETTER OFF.

Apprentice Reviewer
12/11/10

OMG!!! I absolutly hate this website!!! The timers just kept repeating themselves, and not because of other bidders. In a nutshel, SCAM!!!

12/11/10

I try to get I Pad, spend over $ 300 in bids, and up to buy that item, because was big investment, to leave , total I spend was over $ 650, so and in store you could buy it for $500 or less, so never ever try this site !!!

12/9/10

Absolute genius created it. Biggest scam of this century thus far...even if they scam a tenth of us just once, they're set for life. And it's legal. TRUST ME DO NOT DO IT (unless you feel like pissing away $50 minimum in an hour bc you just can't help yourself.)

12/8/10

Verrrryyy sketchy. You buy the bids for .60 cents a piece and then sit at your computer for possibly HOURS watching the item you want as you and other suckers keep plunking down their bids hoping vainly that you'll be the last man standing.

My biggest complaint is that on at least five occasions, I threw bid after bid at an item, only to keep getting outbid. Then, magically, as SOON as I quit bidding, some one who just joined the auction WINS! I just wasted $40-$50 in bids on something and some schmuck who just showed up wins the item because the other bidder with whom I was competing got fed up at the same time as me and walked just like I did!

They suck you in with promises of 50" plasma flat screens for $3.50. I NEVER saw something that nice go for under about $75, but you have to spend probably $200 in bids and winning is PURE LUCK! You can easily spend 3-4 hours and $200 and come away with nothing.

12/7/10

I am not a member of quibids.Sequence of events:1.Was following two items, ipad 32gb and 16gb on December 8th at around 1am(in detailed view, so I could follow the bidding history).After the items reached a certain amount(I think 40 and 20 something dollars respectively), both these items could not be accessed from the home page(but note the fact that I could still see the items because I had separate windows ALREADY opened in detailed view for the ipads).Is making these items "invisible" (after adequate money has been recouped) to late logins fair or legal? Are they not narrowing the playing field so that bidding wars don't go on for ever and everybody can win and keep coming back?
2.Then redfox52 won the ipad 32gb for 53.69 dollars....preceding that I saw the clock countdown to 3 or 4 seconds then all activity on the web page ceased(for 3-5 seconds)and I saw the sold sign.My point is why did I not see the countdown to 1 or zero seconds and then get the SOLD sign? Why would I not think that bidding activity is ceased at random for certain items(after profits are realized of course) and whoever had placed the last bid before bidding activity is stopped, wins?

12/7/10

Stay away from this site !!! I registered, bought my vochers, made a few bids (didn't win) and logged off. Now when I try to log on it says "Username not recognized". I've emailed quibids 4 times now and they just keep resetting my password. So, I can't log on and they have my $60.00.

12/7/10

I knew that statistically they make more off the bids and nothing off the actual sales price. I figured I would have some luck just bidding on cheaper 25 gift certificate or more bids. I really think this site uses bots. I noticed so many of these going for small amounts until you join in, then the bids are out of control. The creators are definetly smart, but I won't be back and soon people will catch on that it is almost impossible to buy anything cheaper than just going to the store. It is of little interest to maybe win a 25 dollar gift card that costs you 24 dollars in bid fees, 2 dollars to process, and the 2.79 cents for the auction. Bots, Bots, Bots.

12/7/10

It was OK at first...I won an Ipad for a total of probably only $100 (bids and costs), then I won the "Premium Golf Balls" which showed a photo of Bridgestone golf balls (as did the description), but when I went to pay for them and choose which balls, no Bridgestones were available...only Titleists and Calloways which my husband doesn't play. Three complaints to them, and they just said the choice was the choice. No more quibids for me.

12/7/10

This is a total scam Do not waste your money You might as well open the window and throw your money outside

12/6/10

Not worth it. It's a trap. Stay away from it completely. They buy an item for $800, they charge .60 a bid, with only one-cent bids (which is only a deal for them). By the time all the bidding is over, they make out quite well. You're better off going to a casino. At least you know you're gambling. STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE, UNLESS YOU LOVE TO GAMBLE AND THROW YOUR MONEY AWAY AND WATCH OTHER PEOPLE JUST TAKE FREE MONEY FROM YOU!

12/5/10

Gamblers only need apply. There is a difference between betting and bidding. With quibids, only the winner ends up having bid. Everyone else was betting, and they lost their money. Calling this an auction site is misleading. This is a gambling site.

12/4/10

when you register they automatically charge your credit card over $40, so that you can "bid" on their auctions and buy more bucks to bid on more auctions. Overrated.

12/3/10

One person talks about how this site is not a scam by definition, but pure capitalism. He is right! In today's society ignorance is BLISS, some intelligent Entrepreneur found a way to capitalize on ignorance! Face it people, if you fell into the trap of buying bids, quibids didnt scam you, you scammed yourself into thinking something so good could actually be true!!!! Ignorance??? I think so!

12/2/10

I am wondering if any people won 2 times or more. If not, the auction is cheating. All the bidders are not real besides you. I spend 40 bucks and 2 hours but just won a flush driver valued less than 10 in the begining easily nothing after that.

12/2/10

Here's the REAL scam: go to the website and see all the great stuff being "auctioned" live. Then buy bids and log on - all those great items disappear. You have a ton of gift cards and cheaper items only available to bid on, with 1 or 2 big ticket items being auctioned. Just log on using one browser (Explorer) and open the website in another (Firefox)and see for yourself. But you must be a customer, logged in to your account to see the difference. CURRENT CUSTOMERS VERIFY THIS FOR ME-THX

12/2/10

DON'T waist your money! This site is the biggest RIP-OFF!!!!! Huge scam, I'm sure it won't be in buisness much longer

12/1/10

Guaranteed Bots! Proof - Here's how it works. Items you see go for real low $$$ are because no one is bidding on them or someone did and gave up and the bots realize this and presto a Bot won! Big deal bots don't have to pay. This moves the items fast to entice more bidding on possible more attractive items. So, if you like an item and you stick it out, especially $25 items you will see bots out bidding themselves. What i mean is they bid like 40 times which is more then what the item is worth! see 40 bids at 60 Cents a piece is $24 plus the auction price when you could just buy it now for $25! BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS

12/1/10

I like this site. The negative is that you have to buy your bids. You need to be careful & watch the items before you start bidding. So far I have won 6 items and am a head by $60 and I still have bids not used yet! You need to research the items before you start bidding so you know how many bids you are willing to go before you give up. The items I have bid on have not been high price all under 50 dollars. It has taken a couple of weeks to get the gift cards. I just won three items last night so it will be interesting to see how long it takes to arrive. You really really need to do your homework before you start biding so that you can make smart choice's. So far I have had success.

12/1/10

I think quibids is a great site if you know what your doing and you concentrate on one bid at a time.....if your all over the place with different bids, your just going to run out of bids, end up loosing everything you bid on, and be out how ever much you spent on bids. I spent $45 on bids, and started off stupidly....eventually I settled on one thing, and won it for $.15.....it was a playstation controller and controller charger pad retailed at $30 some dollars. I hadn't recieved my order and eventually got a email from customer support apologizing that my item was no longer in stock and they were willing to replace my order with a Walmart gift card in the retail amount of the item plus shipping. I wrote them back accepting the offer, but still didn't hear anything and I thought to myself, this is where the trouble starts. But i looked up on my bank statement when I purchased the bids and on the transaction there is a phone number, called the phone number, talked to customer support, and had my gift card in the amount of $42.57 in the matter of a week! So in the end I am out $2.43 cents, but satisfied to say the least. I will not use the site again, but it can be good for some and bad for others!!!

12/1/10

DON't DO IT. Its sixty cents per bid. Every time you hit the button its bingo for them. Its looks good, sounds easy, but you will go through money worse than a slot machine. I believe that there are 3 or 4 people pulling their money together ( a team) to out bid you. I tried not to get into "bidding wars" but the final result is your going to spend a lot of money. Even when you win, you lose. You still have to pay for what you won, plus shipping. IPAD for $95.00 ? That 9500 bids x .60 figure it out. STAY AWAY !!!!!!! Don"t let them lure you in.

11/30/10

I have just been reviewing all the reviews because i too am interested by Quibids. You all make it seem so bad but to me it looks like you are trying to cover up your mistakes by pointing fingers. Most of your points are valid, it definitely looks like they are making a SH*T load of money, but why did you continue to bid in the first place after you spend more then the products actual value? I think their response is BS and this website is very dangerous but did you ever consider that some of those problems could have just been you? For example the freezing clock was probably caused by your computer's lack of RAM and many people "Sniping" the bid at the last second. They actually seem legit to me, but i wouldn't try it because i would go broke in a matter of minutes. Very tricky of them huh, with the whole pay per bid thing. Just in case you are wondering, no i don't work for them in any way, but I'm sure someone who just lost a bid and is mad will accuse me of being an employee.

11/30/10

Does anyone know if this site is even legal? I bought the $25.00 bid package only to realize when I went to bid that the site was a ripoff. Consequently I never bid on anything. I recently received an email that the bids I bought from them (keyword: bought) expired and I would have to buy more if I wanted to bid in the future. I think a class action may be down the road for this company!!

11/30/10

This is a complete scam. DO NOT USE. The grab your attention by letting you win a few small auctions at first and then the more and more you get into it the more and more they suck out of you. They auction off some expensive items but end up making many many times the products actual price. I was in an auction for a blender for 30 minutes and spend all my bids determined to win it just to have the timer freeze and some other person win because of it. And of course their "customer service" said absolutely nothing about it when I questioned them. DO NOT USE!! DO NOT USE!!!!!!

11/30/10

The site is very, very dangerous in the same way that Las Vegas can be. As a result of human nature you look for that "bargain" and are reluctant to walk away when only "a few more bids" will get you that $2000 iMac or Canon camera for less than $100. You tend to forget that each bid costs $.60. You feel you are not spending real money. This is the same concept applied in casinos where you put chips on the table and not a $10 bill. You know the chip is $10 but you don't think of it that way.

Sure you can win something. I bid on a meat thermometer - something I didn't even need just because I thought I could get it cheap. I did, it cost me 1 bid and I got it for $03. If I hadn't canceled an additional $3.99 in shipping would have been charged for an item cost of $4.02 plus the $.60 cent bid - total cost would therefore have been $4.62. I'm sure that is was a very good meat thermometer but Bed Bath and Beyond probably had it for a similar price. Fortunately, they let you cancel but you lose the cost of your bids.

The point is that I was bidding on something I didn't need just to see if I could win. When you really want something you wind up bidding and bidding and bidding. The site is addicting (just like gambling). I wound up spending all day on the site, spent about $300 in bids and didn't "win" anything. It is the addictive quality of the site that makes it more of a gambling experience then anything else.

Be careful!!! It is VERY easy to get sucked in and buy just one more pack of bids. Before you know it you've spent a great deal of money on a chance. Kind of like the carnival or playing skiball. You know you wind up paying more for playing the games then the prize would ever have cost you in a store.

Never ever bid on anything until the cost is a penny or two. What's the point. Even when you bid that penny you know that bidomatic or someone is going to bid again. About the only way you can win is if the bidders tire of it and that final bidder forgets to click or has run out of bids.

A very, very dangerous site. Gamblers Anonymous will probably see some members because of this site. It is however a great business model. Gambling without calling it that and having to deal with various gaming laws. Go to Vegas instead, see a show and have dinner. Even do some gambling (if you can set limits and walk away). Your money will have been better spent.

I would not be surprised if people spent thousands of dollars a month on this site to get that one "deal".

It's not a scam, just gambling.

TIME WASTER
If you have time to kill, you might not get totally ripped off.
The reason I have given it two stars is that some people might actually enjoy this and want to spend time and money trying to get a deal. Also, a lot of the comments about how much the site makes I believe to be irrelevant. The focus should be on what you get out of it, not what the business does. I am a capitalist pig for sure so more power to QuiBids to make as much as they want. It is the consumers responsibility to be frugal. Now read my personal experience.
I have taken a break from bidding on QuiBids to leave this review. The whole reason I had to take a break was that you can only win three auctions in a 24 hour period. My experience has been this: First, taken in by promises of amazing deals, bought the smallest bid pack and got in there. Of course, it seems they let you win the starter auction for more bids to make you believe you can do this. So I did that. Then I started figuring out that you have to wait for an item to get to a certain price before you start bidding. Commit to bidding for that item and watch your savings go down. I have so far put out about $56.00 for $50 worth of WalMart gift cards (2x$25). In one of the auctions, there was 10 more bids. So I am only out $6 so far and I have 62 bids left to try to get ahead. Once I do get ahead, I will stop. Here's why: Time waster. I have spent so much time watching these auctions trying to figure out how to win them and actually save some money. The time I've spent is worth much more than I'll save but at least my wallet will break close to even on this. Don't waste your time. But if you have fun watching a clock tick down from 10 seconds over and over again, enjoy!!

11/30/10

I can not believe this website is still running. I understand you will have to pay for every bid, and also understand you have a chance to buy something for crazy cheap, but I have not received any confirmation email regarding my winning items. I actually won 2 items, each under $1.00. I became a member a week ago and won my first item right away... But how can I be called a winner when I have spent $85 plus shipping and process fees and don't even have the items yet? How can I be called a winner when I don't have any email confirming my winning? and Finally How can I call myself a winner when I have exposed my credit card (amex) to this website which I have NOT READ ONE SINGLE POSITIVE COMMENT about it???? You be the judge. By the way, does anyone know who do people report a scam websites like Quibids.com?

11/29/10

Sounds great, doesn't it? For pennies on the dollar you can buy stuff. Not as easy as it sounds. If you like gambling you'll like this site. Otherwise just have fun with it. They are legit, but there's lot's of limits. I had some early successes so I bid on an expensive item, did not have an accurate count of my bids, had to buy more and lost the auction during that time. I would have gotten a real bargain if I could have stayed in just a few more minutes. LESSON 1: Have enough bid dollars at 60 cents a bid to "buy it now." Once you've sunk that many bid dollars, quit bidding and buy it. I looked at the $300 I sunk and the $150 loss by selling the item on ebay so I decided to exercise the "buy-it-now" option and "buy-it-now" is full retail. LESSON 2: Always be prepared to buy it now. If you don't want the item or don't want to hassle with Craig's List or Ebay, don't bid. LESSON 3: You can't win much. So you're successful at this auction style. In the fine print it limits wins to 8, only one of the same item with value of $285, and only one of anything worth more that $999 in 28 days. If you win a Playstation 3, for example, you're locked out of Playstation 3 auctions for 28 days. Other limits are 3 per day. There are other restrictions and those voucher bids have lots of limits. So at a maximum it's possible to win about $8000 of merchandise a month although you have to consider sinking about half the value of the item into an auction to win it. Nothing to sneeze at, but won't make you rich either.

Bottom line, unless you're as sharp as a casino card counter, only use this site for fun and expect to pay full retail.

11/28/10

Price at which ipad is sold to the winner seems very tempting. But be careful if you are bidding and have spent couple of hundred dollars and are thinking of going with buy it now option - Apple iPad 16 GB Wi-Fi price is about $129 higher than the actual retail price.

I started bidding and ended up losing $300 so decided to buy it at listed $629. However, i noticed later that the actual ipad retail price is only $499. Be very careful so that you don't loose money like me.

Quibids 101 does not seem to be accurate. It says:
*The value price is based on the price you would pay through other retailers."
This is not true.

11/28/10

Guys. Don't you tired to complain about this site? If you want to pay them same change, I can give you the good idea. Go to google, type it quibids.com and click on yellow/paid top link of their web site. If all of you who suffer from them will do that every day, few times, it will cost them tons of $ to advertise in google. This how you will be able to make this site to shuts down without able to do marketing. Vote for this comment so anyone will be able to see that.

11/28/10

It seems they out bid each time and they are gettings 20 times of what the item is worth, They got me for 48.00 but I won a 25.00 gift card it seems this is not a real auction @ 1 cent bids they auction off things worth a few hundred dollars nd getting thousands in some cases, it's legal but they will be short lived with all the bad comments?? is anyone checking them for storing your credit card information?? we are all guilty of being dumb.

11/27/10

Quibids is a joke. By the time you pay 60 cents per bid and pay shipping, your right back to retail price. I'm not so sure that they don't have "plants" to drive up the price of especially the cool stuff, or there are over zealous bidders who are out to win at all cost. It also pays to look up actual retail values and compare it you are really getting a deal. Who has time to spend hours in front a computer watching the bidding process anyway.

11/27/10

It's a scam. I logged on using a "free" intro bid pack (25 bids) and it charged my credit card $48!!! For 80 bids! I'm just finding this out now after going through my SPAM folder in my email. I won two bid packs, used them to win a $10 gift certificate. Whoopie. I never actually SAW the 80 bids listed anywhere, and in the quibids account, the charge does not show up anywhere as a "purchase" of bids... it's really slimy. PLUS, they are making money hand over fist for what they are offering.

Unless you have a gambling addiction (or you want one!) don't bother with this site. Winning is difficult, and you pay .60 for each bid. NOT .02 or .01 like they are listed... no, you are paying 60 cents per click for something that you may not get and they will get ten times what the thing is worth once the bidding is over- which, apparently can go on for as long as people are bidding.

DON'T BOTHER LOOSING YOUR MONEY HERE!!! THAT IS ALL YOU WILL DO!!!!

11/27/10

QiiBids direct new users to "Beginne Auctions" where they can spend their mone on new "bid-packs" that have no retail value - so when you go to start bidding on items you want to buy, your bids do not count towards the purchse price of the item. Again and again I see Quibids emplyees on these sites claiming "you can't really lose as long as you are willing to pay the purchase price if the item since if you lose the auction, every bid counts towards the purchase price" <-- this is a big fat lie.

QuiBids scams new users into using their real money to purchase worthless bids.

11/26/10

After reading and trying this "scam" of a site, it is clear that you are lured in quickly in to buying a "bid package," the rest does not matter you already spent your money on the site. Even if you do it once multiply over the million that do it once....

It seems that everyone wins in the beginning some gift certificate, but I have yet to hear from someone who keep on winning.

This site is a scam

11/26/10

I signed in for this site and brought 150.00 in bids and then reallized that I could not bid on the camera i wanted because it was no longer available. I then requested a refund it has been overa month and I have yet to here fromt the. company due to the nature of the complaints on this site it is time for some District Attorney to take action.

11/26/10

This site SUCKS! With a capital S... before you can start you have to purchase bids for $48 bucks. Then, you bid on items.. (believe you won't win anything with the bids you purchased for $48 bucks!). If you do your LUCKY! The chance's are a million to one. It's a scam!!! I spent over $64 bucks on this site and have nothing to show for it... BUT A BILL FOR OVER $68!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!! OR MONEY!!! Buy the item you want from the store, before you try this site! Believe me you'll save money!!!!!

11/26/10

I've noticed that several people have bid beyond the value of items in auctions that i've participated in... how is that possible? I've watch the number of times they've bid (at .60 cents each) vs the value of the item. I've noticed it a few times. When I bid up to the value of an item the auction stops me and say "you've bid over the value of this item..." This is a scam!

11/26/10

I hope this helps someone save their $$$. Many of the reviews on this site are extremely questionable as to the veracity of what was reported.

The site is set up to help a fool and his money soon depart.

This is why:

1. Site claims you can get your $$ money back if you don't win by applying your bids toward purchasing the item....the site states this over and over, and many users here have stated it (employees maybe???)

2. ALL of the items sold are sold well above market price. If I go to home Depot and spend $50.00, then I avoid paying the $2.00 or whatever processing fee & delivery charge....$52.00+ for a home depot card is not market price. This is a specific example...
-you can buy a really nice $66.28 brand new camera on Amazon.com(Kodak EasyShare C182 Digital Camera),

-or buy the same camera at quibids.com for $115.58 + shipping & handling (Auction ID: #160344962)

3. You can only buy bids in increments after you buy your first beginner bids ($49 or something)....you cannot buy bids for the amount of the item you wish to purchase...these are the increments:
-45 bids = $27
- 75 bids = $45
- 300 bids = $1802
- 600 bids = $360
- 800 bids = $480

In each "bid pack" you are forced to buy into the price of the bids remains the same. You are forced to buy into a "bid pack" because the goal of quibids is to separate you from your money while making you think it is worth a shot.

4. The website monitors your activity when viewing an auction for a reason. why is it when I leave a web page open it asks me eventually if I am still there? Why monitor this...time me out like my bank, and what else is being monitored/controlled?

5. The website has poor search and reporting.
case 1: I was bidding on a voucher for 50 bids that went over $6.00....so I wanted to see what other voucher auctions were doing...I quickly hit my browser back button, see the refreshed live auctions for "voucher" category, but my auction is not there. I toggled back and forth within the 10 second interval, opened other tabs and looked....yet not there??? My computer and connection is lickity-split.

case 2: Type an auction id in their search box: "Search terms: Auction ID: #160344962 (43865 results)"

case 3: "Search terms: Canon EOS Digital Rebel T2i 18MP + Lens (4686 results)" With results ranging from root beer making kits to model air planes...

case 4: try to find how much a single item has sold for over the past X amount of auctions and you will find the search sucks......yet they can label auctions with "XX oitem sold for XXX recently".....with recent being 3 months ago with a nice link to the site.

6. If you try to set your $$ amount of your "market value" of an item by bidding on vouchers......in theory you can break even on these....you bid on a 50 voucher auction and find that you spent close to $30, or roughly close to 50 bids...cut your loss and biuy back your bids with their "market price BS" and what you get is 50 bids + shipping and handling $2.00+ (huh?), and they are worth zero toward any future auctions. voucher bids do not = $$$ toward the "MFSRP" BS the site and users here are selling.

7. what idiot would bid on any of these items 1+ hours before auction end? No one, that's who. yet items have bids 20+ hours before end time.

8. often I bid at the last moment, and somehow my avatar does not show up, or my bid is not in the history, or someone elses avatar is over my face....and many other during bidding. What is this about?

Many users here have pointed out the same name bidding on multiple items......realistically if quibids wants to post fake bidders believe it or not they can come up with more than a handfull of usernames that bid on multiple auctions at the same time. I sat in the voucher bids section bidding on multiple auctions at the same time...but I am a real whack job, I mean person.

11/25/10

My QuiBids.com Experiment

Do I recommend it? NO!

I decided that I would join Quibids after hearing about it from several people. Upon seeing the website I decided that I would not join immediately, particularly when they asked for $48.00 up front, before doing my due dillegence.

I researched on the web, looking for anything about the site being a scam. Turns out, it's easy to find information claiming this site is just that. Unhappy customers, who paid money and lost it all as if it were gambling.

Even after doing all my research, I was still curious, so I set out to do a $48.00 experiment and joined.

I was directed to read their FAQ's and instructions, so that I wouldn't end up another unhappy customer.

I read their manuals telling me to watch for a long time before bidding, and after watching for a few hours at various categories of auctions, I began bidding.

I began in the beginners auctions, where you bid on "vouchers". Vouchers are bids, like the ones you pay .60 each for when you join ($48.00 = 80 bids).

Here's the way it works.

1. You purchase bid packages. These allow you to bid in an auction.

Each time you bid, the price of the auction item goes up one or two cents as designated on the auction item icon.

2. If you bid on the item when there is less than 20 seconds left, the timer goes back to twenty seconds, or 20 seconds is added whenever you bid on any item, I'm not really sure.

3a. If somehow you win the item because nobody else bids after you have, you will have to pay the cost of the item, (Perhaps $.01 or $2.56 or whatever) plus a transaction or shipping fee depending on the item.

OR

3b. If someone else outbids you, you must do the math to decide if it is worth bidding again. In addition to just the math, you might take a look to see if many other people are also bidding on that item, or caught up in other auctions. It is completely dependent on how many people are on the site at a particular time, and which items they are bidding on, and if they are waiting (as you might be) for other people to waste their bids and get burned out, so you can swoop in and make your bid at the right moment to steal the item.

Here's what I won:

25 Bids Voucer. Cost $0.01 +
$10 Target Gift Card $0.04 + $1.99 (shipping, transaction fee, or something)
Transcend 16GB Flash Memory Card $0.70 (+$4.99 shipping, transaction fee, or something)

So total, I spent $55.73 for a 16GB flash memory card (retail ~ $25) and a $10 gift card. My other bids were wasted on other items I did not win.

So, my experiment means Quibids 1 Me 0, I got a few things paying more than they were worth overall, I paid someone's salary at the company for an hour, and I'm not going back for more.

It's tempting, just as all gambling is tempting, but overall, I would not recommend it as a consistent way of getting good deals. It is nothing more than gambling through shopping. Wait, now that I put it that way, it sounds like just what America needs right now!

11/25/10

At first I thought it would work. I spent 7 bids ($3.60) + .30 auction price + $1.99 shipping, a total of $5.98 for a $25 gift card. But, my next auction, I gave up and ended up purchasing $50 Card for $25. But, when all was said and done, I really spent about $85 on $75 worth of cards. This site is, I've concluded, a scam, and a pretty good one. I'm sure they use bot to up the bids at the last second and much tons of money selling "bids." Stick with e-Bay unless you are an expert gambler.

About QuiBids
Specialties & Business Description
QuiBids is a penny auction site.