US Government's NSF

Tel: (405) 253-2038
domains@quibids.com

789 Reviews for QuiBids

Review Highlights

I won three $25 and one $50 gift cards for a total of $125 in value.

$.60 a bid and a whole mob of people trying to get stuff for cheap.

I am an unemployed analyst, so; a) that means I have time on my hands.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

1/22/11

Quibids is a scam stay away!
I won a headset the Item was used
I contact quibids about the situation and they told
Me I would have to pay for shipping.
On a side note they canceled my acct (when I had 150 bids) and said
I went against their terms and conditions which was a total lie. I responded to their accusation by asking them to further investigate the situation. They responded by saying for security reasons they are unable to investigate my situation. So now I'm out 90$ plus other Items that were not shipped to me. I spent more than the Item was worth.

Apprentice Reviewer
1/22/11

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE! You can not win. You will end up paying more for your bids than the item is worth. It keeps after you to buy more and more bids. Maybe you will win a cheap gift card, but that is only an incentive to buy more bids.
Buy from your local merchants. They will be more honest than this site.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!

1/22/11

Serious questions about the operation of this site...

An acquaintance and I were sitting in one of those pricey coffee stores, both on Quibids. We were discussing items up for bids and discovered we each had different items visible on our screens.

At the bottom of the screen where the number of auctions is listed... mine listed over 287 active auctions; the other one only 196.

Why would that be?
Are more auctions offered to those who bid high, then drop off?
Are fewer auctions offered to more asture bidder who spen less money to win?

1/21/11

Quibids might not be a scam, but it's awfully close. They trick you into thinking you're going to get a deal when the most likely outcome is that you're going to lose your money and buy stuff you didn't really want for a price that is higher than what you wanted to pay. Stay far far away.

1/21/11

It bothers me, as a consumer, that so many people are so free to make negative statements about a 'penny auction' website. People who are complaining about 'spending so much money and not WINNING anything' don't make much sense in their complaints. Doesn't everyone realize this is an 'AUCTION' site? You don't go to an "auction" site and EXPECT to walk away with an item everytime. You wouldn't go to a live auction in person and accuss those people of 'fraud' if you didn't get the winning bid, right? So why would anyone expect anything different from this website? Just because you are not physically standing in a room while the auction is taking place doesn't mean the rules &/or outcome are any different. It bothers me that if someone writes a negative report about a website (this one inparticular) then everyone 'jumps on the band wagon' and takes their word as gospel, but when a consumer like myself writes a 'positive' report about my experience the response(s) I get are accusations of 'working for the company'?! Why, because I took the time to read ALL the information the site offers before I took part in an auction; and because I got 'LUCKY" and won something of significant value? ....And, honestly, "Luck" is really all it is as far as I'm concerned. I simply was fortunate enough to be the 'final bidder' and won a TV. One can not go to an 'auction' and EXPECT to walk away with the winning prize...it's all about chance. If someone is in the market for a TV or a Laptop or even a simple gift card, then they should go to a retailer and buy it; not expect to 'WIN' it on an auction. Idk; it's all common sense to me. I just have a hard time understanding why its so difficult to 'get the process'. Last thing I want to do is cut & paste DIRECTLY FROM THE Better Business Bureau website their evaluation of the complaints submitted against Quibid's...then, make your own opinion; and if this isn't convincing enough, take the time to go to the website and READ ALL THE INFORMATION THEY OFFER! You do NOT have to be a member to have access to it either...
"Of the complaints processed by the BBB since opening its file on QuiBids, nearly all of the disputes result from misunderstandings concerning the site's "bid to buy" policies that could have been avoided if the bidders had read and understood the auction site's design and policies. The BBB urges consumers to read and understand all of the site's policies before becoming involved with an auction or purchasing bids. Consumers should also understand that the times reported by the site during the auction and real time may not match, especially at the close of an auction; this is not a deceptive action on the part of the site, but rather a function of computer software that may create apparent delays in processing information across the internet. Such delays may be caused by anything from the company's servers to the consumer's own online connection and computer's abilities and do not necessarily mean that the company is cheating the public.

QuiBids is an online auction site through which consumers compete for the opportunity to purchase goods. Consumers are advised to read and understand all of the information provided on the company website prior to becoming involved with the process. The rules for purchasing goods through QuiBids' auctions are different from other auction sites, in which potential bidders create an online identity, shop the auctions, and place bids on items of interest. At the end of the auction period, the bidder who has committed to the highest price for the item wins it and then purchases it from the seller. Bidding itself costs nothing; unless you are the winning bidder, you pay nothing. QuiBids is part of a next generation of auction sites in which participants purchase bids, then pay those bids toward the item of their choice. Whoever has invested the most bids in the item at the end of the auction reserves the right to purchase it; those who have paid bids into the pot in the hopes of winning the item lose that item and the bids paid toward winning it. However, if the bidder wishes to purchase the lost item, the bidder is able to purchase it using a Buy It Now feature. "Buy It Now" allows bidders to purchase the item at retail value, minus the cost of bids used in the auction. Some restrictions may apply. Additionally, QuiBids' policy is to add time to the auction period each time a user places a bid; each bid adds time to the auction. The last participant when the timer runs out wins the product. Another practice for consideration by potential bidders is a concept that, unlike other auction sites, QuiBids' auctions are not open to any interested seller. Products are sold new from the original manufacturer; should a buyer encounter problems with a product, policies are in place to address these issues. Consult the site and its policies for details."

I have nothing to hide about who I am. I am a consumer just like anyone else on this site and the ONLY interaction I've had with Quibids is as a bidder...I've won some great stuff and I've lost some as well...it's all part of the process.
Kellie Lawrence
New Hampshire

1/20/11

Unlike many of the reviews on here I will not bemoan their margins, theorize on bots, company employees or providers competing against the customers, etc etc.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am strictly a consumer who bids at several sites strictly as a form of entertainment, knowing that the chances of actually getting a fabulous bargain are slim, but not non-existent. I have won numerous small to mid-level auctions...spending more money that products received, but I read the material available, knew what I was getting into and never believed that I was the only one that was going to reap huge dividends buy spending my money on Quibids.com.

What I have a huge problem with I discovered quite by accident this morning. Quibids, at their discretion, limits who can see what, and does not display all current auctions to all individuals who come to their site, effectively giving unfair advantage to some, at the expense of others who are deprived of the opportunity to bid on certain high value items. Certainly I have no idea how they decide who gets to see what, but by being selective they have deprived all of us who participate an equal opportunity.

I have asked for a refund on the unused pack of 600 bids which actually led to my discovery. Certainly they are going to refuse and I will first seek remedy from my credit card company, and if that fails will send it to my attorney. Why not the attorney first, or why not join the class action initiative?

It has been my experience during many years in business that when there is a significant problem everyone wants to start at the top and threaten and cajole. My belief has always been to try and let the system work. sometimes it really does, but if not you must be prepared to go all the way. I am prepared so I will let you know what happens.

Unlike many I won't presume to tell you to stay away, it is a scam, and all those other things. I will only tell you to be prepared.

1/19/11

I'm watching an auction that is still going on at the moment. It's for an Apple Ipad 64GB wi-fi + 3G.
The current bid is over $200.00. At $.60 a bid, each bid raising the price 1 penny the site has made over $12,000 to date and the auction is still going. The Ipad retails for $829.00.
This site is the biggest scam I've ever come across on the internet. HORRIBLE!!!

As soon as I use up my 110 remaining bids, I'm going to deactivate my account.
I'll bid on $25 gift cards, late at night, with the hope of coming out even.

STAY AWAY from this scam site!!!

1/18/11

Do not waste your time with this website. Although it sounds easy, it can be nearly impossible to win an item. $.60 a bid and a whole mob of people trying to get stuff for cheap. You will waste a bunch of money trying to bid on what appears to be a "deal". The only people having fun are the owners of Quebid. It was a horrible experience!

1/18/11

Hello, I'm a 27 year old kid trying to save a buck in this rough economy and I got SUCKED in by an advertisement on digg. I have never been so angry and frustrated at anyone as I am at them. I like to think that I do not get suckered into ANYTHING, but after being charged 60 dollars as a "sign up fee" and ending up with NOTHING, I hope the lawsuit against this website succeeds! From what I can tell, when you first sign up you are placed into a "beginner pool" of bidders. I quickly won "vouchers" for more bids, but the next day, I noticed I could not win anything and lost all of my bids, even on a $10 gift card! (I had about 150 bids in total)

Heed my advice! Do NOT get sucked into this website! It toys with the player's emotions and in the end will leave you feeling empty!

1/18/11

In a "nut shell" this site IS a penny auction. Facts: You DO have to purchase 'bids' at $0..60 cents a bid with the lowest package of bids costing $27.00 for 45 bids. There are NO false charges to your credit card and to be reassured, they have a "PayPal" option (which is what I use). The auctions IS live. The 'count-down clock' does give other bidders the options to place bids in the last 20 seconds of the countdown and when a bid is placed there IS 10 seconds added to the clock. After you've spent time bidding on an item, even if you did not win, you are given a 2 hour window to purchase the item MINUS each bid you placed @ its $0.60 cent value (if you submitted 50 bids and lost; you can purchase the item MINUS the $30 you put into the auction). The site recommends that if you are in the market to buy an expensive item and you have the money to purchase it then see if they offer the item and take the chance of getting it cheaper by bidding: if you don't win the auction, as I said, you can still apply the money you spent towards the purchase of the item at the REASONABLE price its valued at. They are recognized by the BBB as well.
Now, I AM NOT anything more than a customer to this website. I came across it accidentally, to be completely honest. It looked like fun so I gave it a try. I bought $60 in bids (100 bids) with the intention of just 'having fun'. I started bidding on a 55" 3D HDTV LCD/PLASMA & 3D starter kit...being VERY new to this whole 'bidding/auction" thing, I spent about 45 minutes 'clicking away' & then got board & went to have supper with my family. An hour and a half later, I came back to my computer and the bidding was still going on for the same TV; so I clicked another bid; and another and, VERY MUCH TO MY SURPRISE, the auction ended! And I won the 55" 3D HDTV LCD/PLASMA & 3D starter kit for the cost of $16.05!!!!!!!!!! I only had to pay a $29.99 shipping fee and my items were delivered to my house within under 13 days (won @ 7pm on 1/5/10 & received my items on 1/15/10 & 1/18/10-two seperate BIG packages via FedEx home delivery). All together, I spent 80 bids ($48.00 worth) & $16.05 for the final auction price & $29.99 for shipping; all totaling: $94.04 for a $3,000.00 package! All BRAND NEW items, still in their original packaging and fully functioning!
Now, I do feel I 'got lucky' for winning such a big item at such a cheap cost. I've studied the site at different times of the day and I watched a 63" HDTV go for $220.00 which means a $1,700.00 valued item had 22,000 bids (over a LONG 8 hours! Some people are VERY determined!) which, yes, means the site profited over $11,000.00 on this one item BUT, naturally, they need to make money on the site or it would be a bust! I've watched Apple IPADs go for as little as $5.14 to as much as $53.00...it all depends on how determined the bidders are!
All in All, I can not speak for other penny auction sites (and I've read some HORROR stories about others: i.e. 'wavee.com') but quibids.com IS A VALID, REASONABLE SITE! & a lot of fun!

1/17/11

BEWARE! They disguise the log-in procedure so you do not know you have to buy bids in order to participate. Suddenly you have agreed to purchase 100 bids. It's too late now. As I have watched the bidding it seems rigged. Things I do not bid on sell for let's say $15.00. When I bid they sell for $50.00, right after I stop bidding!! BOGUS!

1/15/11

Totally negative experience with the products and website. My complaints are more with their business model than the idea that they are fixing auctions internally. One thing you need to understand is that Quibids doesn't have any of the merchandise that you are bidding on. When you win an item or buy it with buy it now, they have it drop shipped from various vendors and they usually just buy it on site like Amazon and have it drop shipped to you. One of many many problems with that, is that you buy it from one organization and it is supplied by a private vendor. Then when it shows up and it's an former display unit, opened return or refurbished unit, what do you do? Who do you complain to? How do you return it for a refund? Thats where the Quibids shell game comes in. Contact Quibids and they will tell you to return it to the vendor at your shipping expense (BS). The vendor will say that they didn't sell you (John Doe) an item, they sold Quibids the item, so they can't accept a return from John Doe since he didn't buy anything. If you are thinking credit card chargeback, your credit card company will say "you paid Quibids, send it back to Quibids", but Quibids says they don't want it and won't accept it. The big smoke and mirror game is that your financial transaction is with quibids to buy bids not buy a particular item. So, lets say you bought 500 bids for $300 and you invested those bids on a $600 laptop and lost, but you decided to apply that $300 that you had lost to the ever and over inflated VALUE PRICE that they put on things. Then lets say you needed to return it because it was broken or faulty. Even though you paid $600 for it in total, they will only refund you $300 that you paid in a lump sum, not the $300 that you used to buy 500 bids that they say can be applied to the purchase price. The other thing to be very worried about are vendors bidding on the vary items that they are selling to Quibids and ultimately supplying to you. The bottom line is that vendors and quibids benefit from the more losers that there are. So, it's quite easy for a vendor to bid on the very item that he is supplying because by doing so, he may create 20 losers that ultimately "BUT IT NOW" and thats 20 sales for him.

1/15/11

They took me for a total of $100.27.
While I won several "voucher" auctions, the $2.00 transaction fee + price ran it up a bit+ one "buy it now" for $30.
When I DID win a item, and tried to pay for it, (it is still pending,) they could "...not verify that this is a valid address".
It was VALID enough to take my money, but NOT to send the merchandise; but at least they would NOT let me pay for it.
I also noticed some "problems" with bidding:
1. the timers. Down to 10 second timer when OTHERS are bidding, but when I bid, jumps to 20 second timer in SEVERAL instances.
2. bid with time left on countdown, instead of update, get notice another party won; MORE than once.
3. Support is supposed to get back to you within 24-48 hours. STILL WAITING at 72+ hours.
4. "watching" several auctions and have seen timer with over 5 minutes go to "sold" in next update; always at very LOW bid amounts.

Having seen some of these "irregularities", I set up a record screen program on one auction. One where I lost to the only OTHER bidder with time still on clock.
Wonder what a judge will think of it, since it has a "running" time stamp as well to show it was NOT edited.

At .60 a bid, and .01 increase, they would make enough to be honest IF they have enough bidders, which if they are NOT company "bots" bidding they do. Instead they apparently cheat, and MAY be a complete scam. (1,000 bids is only $10.00 item value, but makes them $600.00!)

1/15/11

CAREFUL. I singed up for this sight and it automatically charged me. There was no confirm of charges button, it just automatically charged me once i put in my credit care details and hit a submit button. The agree to charges guidelines must have been in very small tiny print because i was waiting to read that. I buy items online all the time so I am not naive, they are just very cleaver in collecting your money.
So whatever, i payed the 60.00 dollar to join. It almost seems impossible to win an item. The gift cards seem like the easiest to win. I literately waited almost 7 hours to see if I could win a camera. I was just watching and waiting for an opportunity and it appeared like bots were bidding, the same 3 or 4 people constantly bidding. They say a sucker is born every minute. I was no exception! I have no one to blame but myself. Dont waste your money on quibids. Its a junk sight.

1/15/11

I probably should have checked out this penny auction site before getting involved but I did not. So far my experience has not been completely negative but I also do not plan to continue buying bids. I purchased a membership for $48 which got me 80 bids at 60 cents per bid. I was looking for a new LCD monitor and they suspiciously had one very similar to those I had looked at on other sites such as eBay and Amazon.com. I should back up a little and mention that shortly after shopping elsewhere I received an invitation to check out Quibids on my home email. Coincidence? Maybe. Anyway, I watched a few auctions and decided to use up some of my $48 by bidding on this monitor. I set my max bid price at $19.99 and my max number of bids at 10 for starters. I was bidding against two other "people". By the way, you can tell who is using the auto bid function and who is not while watching the auction. At that point of the auction I was the only one using auto bid and after six bids ($3.60) I won the monitor for 28 cents. "Great" I thought. For $3.60+$14.99 shipping + $.28 = $18.87 I had a brand new monitor that had a buy it now value of $149.99. The same monitor was selling on amazon.com for $147.99. Even if I never bid on another item in the next six months and lose my remaining 74 bids I should be able to say that I got a $149.99 monitor for a total investment of $63.27. That is assuming they actually ship the damned thing which they have not done yet and the auction ended about two weeks ago. That is also assuming it actually works if and when I ever do receive it. If everything goes well I will probably burn up my remaining bids but I doubt I would ever purchase any additional bids. Too risky. I think so long as you stay disciplined and look at this as at best a one-time deal and not allow yourself to be hooked you might be able to come out on top. Did I just get lucky? Is it rigged? Was I "allowed" to win as a first time bidder? Who knows. My best advice is to proceed with caution and if you actually need something and want it shipped in a reasonable amount of time...buy it elsewhere.

1/13/11

A waste of money and TIME! Try to bid on any item of interest. You don't have the time or enough money to last long enough. At a Penney a bid(for most auctions), an item of value could last for days and once you have bid, there is no way to win unless you happen upon the max amount anyone would bid. And, they make of you, 60 cents a bid. Would be much fairer to charge a penny a bid as what is used. They could allow for someone to up the bid as in an actual auction. This would speed up the auctions, but why do it this way, when they get the 60 cents per bid, so what's the rush? Let the fools (I'm one!) bid and get nothing, other than low cost items. In conclusion, stay away from QuiBids unless you like throwing good money away. Try the Casinos as your odds of winning is better.

1/12/11

i was having trouble filing suit against this house of fraud, so I looked up its whois registration data:
The site is registered to :
Administrative Contact:
4 NE 10th Str
Suite 242
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
US

@ spokeo it appears oklahoma has four listings under his name
it would probably be fun to call 411 ask for this guy and then give him a piece of your mind.

unlike the warsaw pact nations phishers and fraudsters, this one has a linkedin account where he proudly claims to be the proud owner of quibids.

here is a picture of him incase you see him on the street:

hope this information helps you file suit

1/12/11

Quibid.com is the biggest Scam Scam Scam ever and the worst way to get or steel your money no difference in my belief. I registered in this web side on the assumption t be a biding site but not this a gambling casino. I bough $60 bid voucher and I started to bid for phone set $56 retail, it ended up to losing bids more the value which force me to use buy it now option and paid much more than the retail value plus $7.0 shipping. Quibid has automatic biding system challenge your bid until suck all your bid to pay more than the value. It is the biggest scam, the fact that I paid $53 for 88 bids plus $3.5 price difference plus $7.00 shipping .

1/12/11

I was shocked to find out that after I had bid over $100.00 for an item and didn't win the auction, I lost all the money I bid. It was never refunded after the auction was over. This website is a total scam. That's how they can offer the products at such reduced rates; everyone who bids is technically paying for the item. When I called their customer support to see about getting my money back (or at least a credit for the money I lost) they told me "there is nothing [they] could do for me."

1/11/11

It is true...the owners of this site make a TON of money off what they are selling...I mean if 100 people bid for an item (making it a $1.00 for you) they are making .60 for each bid....so $60 for them...but every business goes in to make a profit. HOWEVER, YOU make a profit too....I only bid once on a $25 gift card to a place I would have shopped and spent money at anyways...I got the gift card for 5 cents!! So .05 plus my .60 bid plus $2 for shipping means I got a $25 gift card for $2.65 so made a profit too...yes, they make their money but so what if it benefits you?

1/10/11

It costs a dollar a bid. I used 10-12 bids on to get a salt/pepper mill . I spent $.40 on the actual item. The mill does not work properly. I inquired about returning the item. I was offered a refund of only the cost of the mill ($.40) and no refund of the bids or I can wait until the mill comes back into stock in a month or so... this is their policy. My choice is (or lack of) is to get a $.40 refund or wait a month and see if I get a new product. I DO NOT recommend using this site.

1/10/11

I wanted to get some information on this site so I went to the online chat. I asked "how do I know you are not bidding against me so your company earns an extra $.60 per every bid I make" The answer "You can return any product that you win with in 21 days" I asked the same question again, the answer " I have limited information please go to our FAQ section" Obviously they can't type the correct answer because that would indicate an acknowledgment of a crime if they ever were investigated.
You that have been scammed by this site should seriously think about reporting this to where ever you saw this advertised. What a joke. Though greed can help fuel an economy, it has some serious negative side effects, stupidity being one.

1/8/11

Does anyone know if the legal rule of having 2 business days to cancel (or whatever it is) applies to signing up with Quibids? I registered today hoping to bid on headphones. Once I gave my payment info (thinking it w/b used for payments and ship costs) I was instantly sent a message thanking me for purchasing $60 worth of bids! There's no way I would have bid that many times!

I contacted them thru their email system and was told that was the only way a new member can join! What's up with that? I see they have a 'newcomer' rate of $27 - but I was never even given a choice!

I haven't even participated in this site but am out 60 bucks! Can I join the class action suit?

1/7/11

I only bid on gift cards and for awhile everything was good. Now. however, I'm not receiving the cards I won and customer support is not helpful, to say the least. I think my bidding days are over.

1/7/11

Yea, the site is most likely a scam. Remember, anything sounds too good to be true most likely is.

But I give this site an extra star because of its most interesting chat representative, Kelly. Now Kelly and I had some long chats, but she is very elusive. But I found out that she is 24, her birthday is January 14th, is from the "LA area," and has a boyfriend. However, when I asked if they engaged in carnal relations, she replied "That is inappropriate." Most intriguing indeed.

Absolute ripoff!!!!!
Seems like they have their own people bidding you up and the moment you bid elsewhere it goes. very suspicious!!!!

1/7/11

This website is a big ole scam. It's a good idea for the person who owns this business, but for those who are bidding, it's horrible. There's one major flaw with this site for the users........and that is, that someone who hasn't been bidding on an item can just come in and start bidding on an item, which isn't a huge deal in and of itself but here's the problem. Let's say you have 100 dollars worth of bidding vouchers wrapped into a bid, well someone can come in and start bidding only using 60 cents of bidding money/vouchers spent. Trust me, this bidding web site is a huge scam, and I'm not putting any more money into, it just never ends, you will lose money using this web site!!

1/6/11

You can't win! I thought I tried it after watching a couple of simularly priced items sell around $35 to $45. I had a price break point of $90 for an Ipod. I waited until the bid got to about $35 letting these two people fight it out and exhaust their bids, then jumped in. The person (or bot) by the name of "epperson" kept going. Then "camilovc" and several others came in. In the end I stopped at $85, I was out of bids and was no where near my price break point. Guess what after I stopped bidding the auction was won. The moment after! I wrote down the amount of times "epperson" and "camilovc" were biding on items in an hours time. "camilovc" bid 300+ times in an hour most on a TV and saw the name appear on multiple items after; I couldn't keep track and doubt a person really could. "epperson" bid about 127 times on one item an iPad at .60 cents per bid thats 76 dollars in bids alone not including the final price of $98. Either these guys are bots or seriously don't care about lost costs.

1/3/11

Thankfully, I never spent any money at Quibids. The first red flag was that they wouldn't let me see any items until I paid them $48.00! I live in Las Vegas. I don't gamble here and I'm not going to gamble online! Quidbids is a gambling site and they make 30x the actual cost of a product before any bidder is allowed to win. It's called "shill" bidding. A few legitimate people are actually bidding, but, a machine is making fake bids in order to increase the price. You can NEVER win. By the time an auction ends an item going for $40.00 MSRP will have made $1200.00 from various bidders. You will lose your hard-earned money. Do yourself a favor and stop gambling your money away. Nothing in life is free. If it looks too good to be true-- IT IS!

1/1/11

This is a gambling site. The key to a good gambling construct is that it gives you the appearance that you can win (like the red/black bet on roulette) and it takes a lot of money to find out you can't.

Sure the money for a bid you buy can be credited to the item, so don't bother bidding on something unless you are willing to go all the way and wind up spending full retail price plus some fees.

Also, they have two types of bids: Ones that count toward a purchase and ones that do not. If you win bids in an auction, those don't count in the purchase price. They keep trying to get you to bid on bids, and this is one way you will definitely loose money.

As a gambling site goes, there could be worse. But like the casinos, you will eventually rue the day that you went in to play.

20 bidders bidding on the same item can't all win it at a price for less than retail.

You can develop some strategies that help you out, but in the end, all it takes is one bidder who is willing to go the distance to come in after you and you will wind up paying full price or more for the item.

Also, the drive up the prices by adding on their voucher bids.

I also won several items and didn't receive them, and I was planning on using them as gifts. One was a set of headphones for my wife's birthday, and it took them two months to ship them. Another was some headphones for my son's Christmas present, and they finally refunded me, in bids not cash, just a couple of days before Christmas. This is after I wrote them daily for nearly a month. I won on November 3 and wasn't "refunded" until December 23.

If you have a problem with gambling, this site is a pit fall. You can get some good wins in there, but in the end, you will loose. That is gambling, buddy. And the more you play, the more you lose. Period.

This is a gambling site. Avoid.

12/31/10

I have watched many of their auctions and have participated in a few. I find that auctions do sometimes have a tendency to end when I stop bidding. To test my theory, I bid up to the FULL PRICE on a laptop, which was $1044. I was going to purchase this laptop anyway, and I wanted to see if I could "win" it at about 75% of the purchase price. No big surprise, but I was the second to last bidder AGAIN. I bid for six hours straight, as did a good half dozen other bidders. As soon as I reached full price for the item and stopped bidding, none of the other 6 or 7 bidders bid again and the auction was over. I truly believe that many of the bidders on this site are bots employed by the company. (And yes, there are those who may say I have more money than brains... and in this case, I have to agree.) If you can't afford or don't want to purchase an item at their full price, I would not frequent this site past the first couple of auctions that they appear to "let" you win.

12/30/10

After reading how a penny auctions work, and after reading all the tutorials at their site, on what to expect "These auctions are high risk/high reward and they should be treated that way" (http://tinyurl.com/28eqfy6)... I enter a bid expecting to pay if I have to the full price on the product that I wanted... The problems was that I ended paying $333USD for a TaylorMade R9 Driver, that the Manufacturer (Taylor Made is selling at $299.. the Value price for this auction was $399, $100 more than the actual price that all the respect seller are selling them.. When I ask for my money back, or at least consider the possibility to refund the overprice paid ($33USD), they answer "if you would like, you can return this item for the transaction price...Erik QuiBids Customer Support" this money will be $16.48.. So I had to swallow my loss and accept my error on trusting this company,.. When I ask for the product even after is overprice, they answer "I spoke to the vendor concerning this order and it appears this item is on back order. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes..Sincerely, Carly QuiBids Customer Support" .. once again.. all other respectable sellers have them on regular 5.day delivery time.. I ended buying from golfsmith.com the same driver, received 5 days after and I pay $299.. as for the driver "won" in the auction, Im still waiting from this despicable company to ship it, so I can sell it back and recover some money... If some one is planning on trying penny auction, I´ll urge you to use your money some other site..
This is the auction http://tinyurl.com/2a2c9ko, and this is the price from a trully respectable company..

12/29/10

OK, I watched this website a while and at first thought, 'this is a good money maker for the owners.' This was when I thought the bids were 10 cents a bid. Then I looked further into it and discovered the 60 cent bid cost! OMG, do the people understand how much the owners are making on that iPad that goes for $200 on Quibid, that cost $600 normally priced? Well if they have bots pushing up the price they are making less than it seems but... they are robbing people by making 1000% plus profits. The winner may make a deal but with all the subsidies from the other gamblers, the final cost is too steep.

When I looked the 65GB iPad was close to $150. Since there are 2 types of bids, 2 cent bids and 1 cent bids, the website owners had already made between $4500 and $9000 on bids alone. Seems like robbery to me. To make a 640% to 1280% profit from MSRP (I'm sure they buy in bulk for half though) for a product that they didn't have RD in, should be considered immoral. It is one thing to run a gambling site, that is what this is, and run a good profit, it is another to screw the many who don't get it. These people are raking in bidders money and making millions. It doesn't take long for them to make, millions off other people's losses. I understand gambling is fun, and there are statistics of when to play, time of day, price of product, etc... but there should be a limit on the percent won by the house.

This site is making millions of dollars a day off people's ignorance. Bids are way over priced. The chance of winning and the true final cost are way too steep.

If you win a $100 Kindle at Quibid, thank all the other idiots for subsidizing a $6100 dollar Kindle + taxes and shipping. You would think they would cover shipping at least!

12/29/10

I have used QuiBids with fairly successful results...that is until three of the gift cards I received were INVALID. Attempts to contact customer service by e-mail have gone unanswered. I contacted customer service by phone and was assured that the cards would be activated. Three days later and nothing. i posted a comment on the QuiBids FaceBook page detailing my experience and providing a link to the Oklahoma State Attorney General's website for complaints (QuiBids is based in Oklahoma). Within minutes, my post was removed and yet they don't have time to answer e-mails or take care of paying customers???

12/29/10

Once I understood how the site worked, I started making more money than I was spending and I enjoy the entertainment of bidding. I have played on a few sites and always come back to Quibids. I feel they are the best bidding site that I have come across. I have had a positve experience...just make sure you learn and read the rules and you should come out a winner!

12/29/10

this website is similar to swipebids.com (see reviews). what made me write a review here is i wanted to check this site out to see if these news people who purport to have "checked out" one of these penny auction sites, by bidding and then reporting their somewhat positive findings. i think this is also made up.
just look at what everyone says and steer clear. i actually read dale's review on the swipebids review site months ago. i looked to see if it was still there, but it wasn't. i remember it word for word. i didn't memorize it, but i remember reading it carefully at the time as i was very interested in his calculations and analysis from his standpoint. my review was also gone. but this website is the same, and it looks to me like "dale" got a pt job with swipebids and now with qbids as well, pulling people in with the calculations that most people wouldn't understand, or bother to check out for themselves.
i got scammed out of hundreds of dollars.

12/28/10

Sure wish I could have found this before I tried it!!!! Then to beat all,,,,,you only have a short time to buy it at full price using the money you spent on the bids!! I actually looked for a critique like this,,,unfortunately,,,should have kept looking and not tried the site,,,,,Live and Learn"!!!

12/28/10

I watched this site for a while then jumped in and bought a few dozen bids. I don't think it's a scam per se--it's clear that you have to pay to play--but if there are bots or some other scheme for artificially increasing the purchase prices then that's clearly fraudulent. In my case I placed one bid ($.60) and won a $15 iTunes gift card. I paid $.04 for the card + $1.99 shipping + $.60 = $2.63. I'm not complaining. A few days later the gift card arrived. I noticed the QuiBids LLC street address at the bottom of the (undated) letter they sent me: 4 NE 10th Street Suite 242, Oklahoma City, OK 73104-1402. So I checked it out. It's a UPS Store location -- http://www.theupsstorelocal.com/4698/

My 2 bids (cents).

12/27/10

this is just like speedybuys.com it will cost you before you can bid and usually lose all your bids. be sure to add the cost of your bids to the final cost of the item

12/27/10

Helped me quickly determine the business model of the site I was interested in and avoid a brilliant but valueless marketing scam. THANK YOU.

12/26/10

I would have broken even with the money I spent and my wins if I had not been sent a gift card that had no money on it. I contacted the company over 3 weeks ago and nothing has been resolved. If you have received gift cards from this compeny be sure and check them before you try to use them. I have played my last game.

12/23/10

I consider my self very LUCKY. I purchased a newbie account for $45.00 read through all the on line info and started biding. Gave up quickly on the big items and concentrated on gift cards. For my $45 I picked up two $25 gift cards and one surge protector valued at $50 but available on-line for $28. I am ahead and I am walking away.

12/22/10

how can people think they are not profiting from failed bids just because they give you an opportunity to purchase at reg price. last i heard msrp is a heck of a lot more than what any retailer will sell it for. they know this and count on people not being stupid enough to pay msrp. and if they are that stupid, then the company rakes in even more profit.most people won't pay msrp so all failed bids become company profit. anyone who cannot understand this should not even be permitted to use a computer for they will surely harm themselves.

12/22/10

This site have a lot of strange things happening. I can or cannot be a scam, but I am very skeptical. Being a Data Analyst myseld, I collected some data from the site.
For example: a 50 bids auction was sold for $ 5.12. I collected the bids data while from begining to end.
By the end of the "auction" I pluged the data on excell and NOT for my surprise I found out that. One "stupid"(if it is a real bidder) or "clever"(if is a quibids employee or a set up program) person spent 79 bids trying to win 50. and 2 others over 40 bids. One of them won which was not the 79 bids.

I don't mean that people are not winning the stuf they are bidding but I am very skeptical about this site.
I myseld won 25 bids, 1 bids and a 15 Itunes gift card for $0.03.
My skepticism is because some stuf on the site leave margin tothink on scam.
I was bidding on one item and it was 10 seconds to go. Twice I was down to one second and it took 3 or 4 seconds to appear that I was the Winner. When I reversed the situation, which means I tried to outbid the person after the clock turned to one second, it immediately made the other bidder the Winner and sent me a message that I did not bid on time.By the way, the winner was the bidder that was bidding since the begining and was outbidding everyone that tried to win the item. It was not an automatic bidding auction.
For who worked with programming, it is very easy to a good programmer to create a routine that will trigger bids on any (or all) auction using random fake names/data from a database previously fixed.

I still have about 40 bids. Will try to get something else and I am out of this site. I really don't trust it.

12/22/10

I can't believe the government haven't caught up with these auction wanna be sites . Total scam I joined one time and learned the hard way what a huge scam these auction sites are. I wrote one auction site one time just to see what they had to say about themselves and I received no response. these sites never respond to people and if they do they still don't address the question asked .I joined thinking it was a real auction if you don't win you don't lose your bids I spent a little over $90 dollars and I'll never ever do this again or recommend it to anyone, I warn all people to stay away these sites are scams and when they see that people are getting wise to them all they have to do not to get in any trouble they just simply change the name of the company. I made an effort to watch all these sites just to see the patterns and what i gathered was not good .These sites get rich fast of false information that they give to people that are trying to get good deals.NO ONE EVER WINS ANYTHING. They make it seem like a real person just won but so not true they are just taking people's hard earned money, they bid against real bidders only to hike the price and then they make it seem like it sold and tell you to go buy more bids. A very clever scam that should be repoted to news, government and etc... it has to be stopped . I watched these site and the same names keep winning and bidding on many things at the same time and they are spending more than what the products are worth. I can go on and on about my findings. BIG SCAMS and the people on here that are writing good reviews are scammers from the auction sites.

12/21/10

Its like your in Vegas every bid you make (that cost you money) you think your going to win than your so far into it with your money ,you just keep going. The web-site is very addictive, Who ever thought of this idea is very clever and making a hell alot of money.! Stay away. I thought I did great winning 3 gift cards for less than $10.00 the first day.But..... after I reviewed my credit card charge account it came out what I paid for my bids and the cards I came out even., NO great deal! This why I do not go to Las Vegas, the second day I went on the web-site and started bidding for another gift card. after all is said and done I ended up paying a total of $300.00 on my credit card for bids and gift cards I won . The gift cards came out to $295.00 but you have to pay for shipping. I ended up paying about $6.00 more and wasting 3 hours bidding! NO big wins.

12/20/10

I read Quibids 101. I read the posts that said you needed to use the site correctly in order to win and I believed them. I tried some bids-thought I needed to give it a few more tries and bought some more. What I found is that when I participated in an "auction" and watched four others occurring at the same time for the same item-my auction went to $90 while the others closed at $11, $22, $32 and $40. This happened numerous times and could not be coincidence. The low closing auctions are there to ,make you believe it is possible but it is not. Those employees and paid writers who are saying we are not using it appropriately should be ASHAMED! I feel so foolish for having believed your posts. I read carefully, I watched numerous items and EVERYTIME I became involved the item sold for tons more and went on for an hour or two more. Additionally the clock jammed a number of times and then all of the sudden one second went by and there were five bids all at once. I know there must be a program or employees in the autions where real customers participate and it drives up those autions and places teaser closed auctions to entice us. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE THAT IT WAS A COINCIDENCE!!! The game is rigged and the only way you will receive something of value is to pay the full price which is ussually $20 to $100 more than what the item sells for in a retail store or on a legitamate site like Ebay or Amazon. This business model would work to be quite profitable for the company and provide a deal for the consumer even if it were run honestly but the persons who are running this are GREEDY and UNETHICAL and I hope it is their ruin. Shame, shame shame!! Do not waste your time or money-just go to a trusted online store. This site will play on your belief in a deal and your desire to win and it will let you down over and over. DO NOT believe those silly pictures on the side with people who say they won five IPODs for their grandchildren or those posts that say you are not using the site correctly. I believed them and lost better than $160.00 that I am far from being able to afford. Shame on me for believing!!

12/20/10

THIS WEBSITE IS A TOTALLY RIPOFF, I JUST SPENT OVER $50 TO WIN A $15 GIFTCARD. ITS RIDICULOUS. I HOPE SOMEONE SUE THESE PEOPLE. BASICALLY, THEY ARE USING MISLEADING ADVERTISEMENT TO STEAL MONEY FROM CONSUMERS. STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE!!!!!!

12/20/10

Scam...have no idea if opposing bids are legit bids or BOTS from the QuiBid Company. Going to report them to BBB and my state attorney's office.

12/18/10

I'm not a poor loser - I'm a poor winner. This site is a SCAM. I won and auction for an iPad. I was a lucky one who placed six bids and won the thing. Pretty amazing. I was thrilled. That was until the iPad never shipped. I contacted Customer Service right after the auction asking if there were different shipping options - the answer is no; they don't have a way of arranging that with the "vendor". That's the first I heard there was a vendor involved other than QuiBids.

After never hearing more about the order, I contacted CS again asking when the item would ship. Two days later I hear back and I'm told they have to contact the vendor and it will take a week to get a response. A week??!?? Where is this vendor and who are they??

I sent another email asking them who the vendor was because I would like to contact them directly. I haven't received a response.

DON'T BID. Even if you "win" a good item, it seems there's a good chance you'll never see it.

The Best Penny Auction Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber