US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

lloydm

This "person" could have bought this item using "Buy Now" at least 5-6 times over. (in 414 reviews)

mattl38

My advice: Try it ONLY if you have money to burn and you really don't care if you lose it – like at a Casino. (in 365 reviews)

ronm45

I, too, paid $60 for the original 100 bids and won $75 in gift cards and won a kitchen appliance valued at over $120. (in 63 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

cherylw5
12/20/11

Do not like the false advertising about FREE BIDS and getting merchandise for Pennies on the Dollar. They do not tell you up front that you have to BUY YOUR BIDS !!!! :o(

meganh1
12/5/11

Quibids has many horrible reviews and I looked them up before I decided to use quibids myself but since they had a A- rating on the BBB website I just figured the reviews were just a bunch of ranting and raving. I regret not listening to the reviews now, let me tell you why...At first I thought this site was cool. It cost $60 to sign up and you got some bids to start out. I actually won two auctions right off the bat that made the sign up worth while and got me excited about the site but then it quickly became a money pit. They do have cool stuff like ipads and xbox and other tablet pcs and cameras etc. but the chances of you winning are slim. You have to really focus on the item you want and be willing to spend more money on bids to stay in the game. It seems like a good deal if you can get an ipad for like $40 but if you spent that whole time bidding you have to account for the bids you had to buy to stay in the game. The cheapest bid bundle costs $27 for a tiny 45 bids. It doesn't go a long way when you want to win one of the larger prizes. So once you add up how much you paid on the actual item, what you spent on bids and then they add on shipping you may not be getting as great a deal as you thought. The only thing I found easy to win was the smaller stuff that no one really wanted like coffee makers or lame jewelry or purses. They do get you all excited when they tack on extra bids to some of the items but its usually just 20 bids. They do have bid voucher auctions where you can bid to win more bids but its all a gamble you could waste the rest of your bids trying to win more bids...lame. I will admit sometimes you can get lucky but it really is a gamble. You never know when someone new is going to jump into the auction at the last minute and run the price up some more and you could sit there for hours bidding and waste a bunch of money and time for nothing. Also I ran into some problems with my purchases. First off I ordered a $27 bundle of bids that I paid for but never got credited to my account so I just apparently gave them $27 for nothing. I contacted their customer service it took them three days to email me back and they told me that I was mistaken and that I got my bids. I emailed them back about it because I indeed did not get those bids and they never contacted me back. After that they blocked my account for "security reasons" and I could not access my account to pay for the auctions that I won so I lost my opportunity to pay for them as well as the bids/money I spent on them. Yet again I just gave them money for nothing. I emailed them several times to get the issue resolved so I could pay for my items but they just kept sending me meaningless emails telling me to follow directions in the previous emails. I tried calling their customer service because I followed the directions and still did not hear anything back from them. No one ever answered the phone at customer service and I tried calling several times as well. I waited on hold for ages and tried to be patient but my issues remain unresolved to this day. Yes, maybe some lucky people do well on quibids but I really have not had much luck. I did win a few auctions, I won a couple handbags for less than a dollar whoo, but once I tallied up what I spent on the bids I had to purchase to win those two purses and the money I wasted losing a few other auctions I realized that I might as well have just gone to the mall and bought the purses at retail value. This sight really only tricks you into thinking you are getting a great deal most of the time. Like I said sometimes people get lucky and only have to put in a couple bids but its not likely. Its just like going to the casino and sticking a coin into the slot machine. Maybe you win, likely you won't.

donv2
11/27/11

quibids if you learn to calculate your cost versus your gains can be a good site to use. BAD THINGS...if there system freezes while bidding you are done for..by the time you get back to the bidding site the auction will be over...this has happened to me twice. They also add quite the mark up on the items you are bidding for to make money. In one instance they are bidding a HP printer at 2.5 times the cost...be careful what you bid on as it may be alot cheaper buying it on line versus the buy now feature

sammyj3
11/20/11

Wow! How can this website still be in business? I order bids, and got nowhere. It was like throwing money in the trash. I should have came to sitejabber before I got scammed! STAY AWAY!

paolob
11/20/11

I signed up with this site after hearing about all the good deals and since Christmas is near figured why not save on gifts. After the initial sign up formalities they wanted me to buy a starter package for $60 plus tax, on my credit card. That made me weary so I did some research and quickly discovered that a lot of truths about actual costs to win bids are not accurate. So I immediately deactivated my account and intend to stay away from this site, you should too, save your time, your money, and sleep better.

maryelenc
11/15/11

I thought that I was a smat shopper until with glazed over eyes, I placed my last available bid. I closed out of the site and sat in a fog and $200 poorer. Oh this was not over a one day period because I kept going back thinking that I was missing something. I worked at getting voucher bids at auction so that I would have more bids to use. Now understand that a "real bid" you pay cash for and can be used if you loose an auction towards a "buy it now" feature. Voucher bids that you win at auction using "real bids", you cannot use towards a "buy it now" feature. So, in essence, you use real money and 'convert' it to vouchers. If you run out of bids and you want to continue, you buy some more "real bids". And the circle goes round.
Quibids is up-front about all their policies and are fairly open book but they have a super BIG hook for us sucker fish.
Oh yes for $200, I got a couple of $10 gift cards and converted my cash bids to vouchers and got some cool badges and electronic pats on the back but thank God for my Catholic up-bringing. I feel the guilt for being so stupid but I will dust myself off and pray for wisdom.

catt4
11/15/11

Beware! And be very very afraid of this get-nothing for you money site! This is a total rip off. The ads indicate that you are bidding one cent, that people pay $1.92 for iMac, or $2.37 for 50" TV - but the truth is each and every bid cost you sixty cents .60, if you loss you don't get it back. That's $6.00 for ten bids, $60.00 for one hundred bids. If you buy an item for $1.00 changes are you've spend the same or more on the value of that item, shipping and bidding on it and others.
Bottom Line - If you do the math on this you will see that Qui Bids is making a fortune on your inability to understand that each time you click the mouse it cost you .60.
The bid o'meter is just a quicker way for you to spend your money - 25 bids on the meter just cost you $15.00.

fairs
11/15/11

Having actively participated in Quibids for nearly 2 years, the past two weeks has revealed a markable elimination of what I would term "value" items. Historically Quibids had engaged multiple high value items (i.e laptops, desktops, $100 and $200 Gift Cards, $250 Travel Gift Cards, etc). Over the past couple of weeks of those specific items presented for auction, all but a few laptops & desktop computers may show up daily. All "value" Gift Cards ($100 to $250 denominations) have apparently been discontinued, in spite of the online guide of auction items still maintains the category but is absent of any listings. Having utilized the Quibids online contact platform to inquire as to if the value gift cards have been permanently discontinued, I was advised that the items were presently "out of stock".... . In as much as the "value" gift cards that I had previously won on the site (with the exception of the Air Travel gift cards) were shipped directly from the company that the gift card was applicable to, obviously renders that response from quibids false, or misleading at best. It is apparent that while Quibids has in the past offered what many would perceive as "value" auction items, the majority of presented gift card denominations are now from $15 to $50 denominations, which in the opinion of many are nothing more than "come on" auctions that present little if any value. To Quibids credit, there are still some "value" laptop, desktop, MP3, TV's, Dyson products, etc that are appealing, but due to the obvious reduction in frequency of many of the value items and the elimination of some tends to create a very "crowded" auction which inevitably tends to drive the ending price much higher - subsequently diminishing it's appeal. While only as a matter of opinion, Quibids made quite an initial splash in the online auction arena, but the recent changes in value items offered has clearly diminished and disappoints many loyal participants. t should be noted that the while the business
model may have changed, Quibids continues to be a safe site to visit, just lost the appeal that it once offered.

russp
11/1/11

I have been using QuiBids for several months now. i have won some nice items cheap and have paid full price for many others. I understand that there could very likely be bots or QuiBids employees bidding against you to drive the price up. However, when you do win something cheap (samsung home theater or iPad) and they come back and say it is no longer available due to "unanticipated inventory issues with our supplier" but still have several upcoming auctions of the same products for bidding, you know they are scamming you at this point. This conduct alone should be grounds for shutting them down. It has happened to me on at least four different items (Monster Dog Oakley Sunglasses - twice, Samsung Home theater system, and iPad2 16GB). I think it would be productive to get in touch with "Dateline" or "60 Minutes" to have them investigate QuiBids and the people they have scammed and continued to scam (like me) and maybe this will shut them down or at least get the attention of the States Attorney or some other party who has already filed a legal action. Given all the complaints I have seen online, I think it would be easy to get people to testify against QuiBids and their conduct. Who's interested?

mjh
10/30/11

QuiBids is a scam, which promotes itself (on its website, through widespread internet advertising and emails) as providing an opportunity for consumers to win luxury items at CLASS ACTION significant discounts compared to retail stores and E-Bay, and it claims that winning bidders on QuiBids.com typically save 80%-95% compared to retail prices. In one e-mail promotion, QuiBids cites a customer winning a $20,000 Honda Civic automobile for $1,740.78 in a two-cent QuiBids auction. That price means QuiBids sold 87,039 bids which were used in that auction. At $0.60 per bid, QuiBids grossed $52,233.40 from the bids alone, an amount that dwarfs not only any savings realized by the winning bidder individually, but the retail cost of the car. This illustrates the critical difference between QuiBids and E-Bay – losing bidders on E-Bay do not pay anything.

Per the lawsuit against them, "If they want to operate their business like a lottery, then they need to tell people the truth about their chances of winning -- which are slim to none."

andrewt5
10/29/11

I won a $15 walmart gift card and 20 bids for 1 cent, it cost $2.60 in total(including shipping and bids) It only took 2 weeks to get to my house. I love this website

christinaf1
10/27/11

you pay 60 cents per bid on an item about 20 or more people bid on. it cost you per bid and it only increases 1 cents, so you can actually pay more on the bidding then the retail price without knowing it.. what a scam and a money maker for them. I also had to buy a minimum of 100 bids at $60 so i paid $60 to bid and purchase nothing because i was out bid. It is worse then putting your money in a slot machine !

garys18
10/26/11

Are you people F-ing serious. There are auctions all over the world and if
someone bids and someone out bids them you don't keep the previous bidders
money. Your operations needs to be shut down by the United States Federal
Government or the States Government for fraud. You have no right to keep my
money if I don't win a bid, where did you bastards come up with this "SCAM".
The entire country is hurting from pricks like you and this business of
yours isn't helping anything/anyone except your greedy pocket books.
Everyone in your organization should be ashamed of themselves for knowingly
cheating hard working American citizens out of their hard earned money when
they are just trying to make a good buy to help themselves or family
members. Who in their right mind could do this to our own citizens in good
faith and hope to live a guilt free life? Shame on all of you
A-Holes. I hope that all of you and your close family members (wife's,
children and senior family members, (mothers and fathers)) die from some
unknown and untreatable disease based on greed and hurting your fellow
Americans, shame on all of you F@ckers.

coryt
10/25/11

well i have read all the reveiws about quibids.com and my final thought on this site is its a very good scam i am glad i came here first !!!!!! stay away people if it sounds to good to be true then it probabaly is.

paulm51
10/22/11

DO NOT sign up to this site.... after you enter credit card info which is part of sign up, and accept terms and conditions, you will be hit with a 60.00 dollar charge to your credit card... RIGHT NOW..... no warning, no confirmation, no nothin....
see youtube vidoe for details how how these scam people rip you off

stephenm10
10/4/11

I was the ad on tv , looked neat. Check your site and what people were saying about IT. I really like the info that your reviewers had too say, thank all. Love the site keep up the good work. Sorry want to see if there one about poker stars or party poker that I can start or add too.

bernardy
9/28/11

This is just a money making website. Imagine @ 0.60 a bid and no ending because as long as there are bidders, bids continous. For big items led tv or iPads this will take forever because they control the bid @ 0.01 increments. If you bid 100X you are already out $60. If you did not win for example an iPad w/c cost $500 they will sell it toyou at retail price less $60.(bid) + S&H better get it from Apple Store. If there were 2000 bidders bid only once they already get $1.6K they already profited $1100. but there will be 10,000.00 bidders at least. To be fair there should be time limit for bids.

boonm
9/25/11

I have written all about how Quibids Scam works on my blog here: http://onlinescamwebsites.com/2011/09/is-quibids-a-scam-learn-about-how-quibids-works-here/

jb29
9/24/11

Answer me this, how is it that bid vouchers that are either tied to an auction win (item + 20 bids for example) or bid vouchers that are auctioned outright (25, 50, 100 ect bid packs) are, during the auction, valued at X amount of dollars, even to purchase with 'buy it now', but when you USE them, they don't count as any value towards a purchase of 'buy it now'. This is inconsistent and perhaps fraud. On the one hand, bid vouchers are 'valued' and cost to purchase, but their redemption value towards hard goods is zero?

Just another convenient way QuiBids takes advantage of people with their site.

brianl10
9/24/11

The business model for this site is a scam!!! You buy bids for $.60 each and once you use them you lose them. So if you make 30 bids on something you really like but don't get you are out $18, hmmm that is odd. So lets say they sell a Dyson Vac for $14, retail is $500, sure looks good on the surface. Digging deeper you see that a $14 win is 1,400 bids total at $.01 per bid for a total spent by all of $840. So even if the site bought the item at retail they still made $340... and we alll know they aren't paying retail. As for the people that bid 40 or 70 times trying to win... they spent $24 and $42 for just a hope of winning. Sounds more like a gambling site than a consumer site. THESE PEOPLE ARE GETTING RICH OFF OF PEOPLE WHO JUST WANT TO WIN AN ITEM AND GET A GREAT PRICE. The average person doesn't see the scam.... sad but true... they should be shut down.

rubyb1
9/20/11

I did not realize what this site was all about in regards to how you played and the expense to you. If I had won something worth while it might have been ok but all I won was more bid points to keep losing money on this site. They promote bidding wars by putting more time on after each bid so the bidding wars keep going...EBAY is so much better and cheaper to play on. If you are smart you will stay away from this site. It is mean. It cost me $70.00 to try and win something on this site. It cost you more to play than if you had actually won something...because items usually do go for good prices but as I said...poor sucker me... cost me $70.00 for nothing only two sets of more bid points which I had to pay for on top of the 67.00 i paid for in the beginning and I did not realize I was going to be charged this amount of money.....worst site I ever been on...be warned...

mh8
9/17/11

Ok, here's the thing--the website is actually a lot of fun. It's completely legit. I've won several items and they arrived within the week. It's not even the buying of the bids that bothers me. It is 60 cents a bid--but, since I knew it was my money everytime I bid, I was more careful. Plus, quibids has all kinds of rewards and gives you free bids. You earn bids for all kinds of things--signing up for their weekly e-mailed newsletter, winning your first auction, signing in every day for 39 days, and even free bids on your birthday. The thing about this site that bothers me is---the bidders. The bidders are completely nuts. If you're reading this, and this doesn't apply to you, then my apologies--but, most of the bidders are nuts. Sometimes you can spend hours watching an auction and you watch people get into bidding wars. Plus, I've done the math--and, people will bid more than what the product is worth. I watched someone bid over 25 times for a chance to win 25 bids. So, they were battling to win bids that they just wasted, still putting them in the hole. People will battle for an hour to win a $10 gift card, and spend over $10 to get. It's the craziest thing. And, that is why I will no longer waste my money on this site. Plus, I don't understand why the bidders don't let someone win once in awhile. There are auctions ending constantly, so why not let someone win the battle and then jump into another auction. I spent two hours today trying to win a gift card and the two people I was in a bidding war against had just won the exact same auction (you can win 3 auctions a day-and, it was the same prize they won that they were bidding on). I mean, seriously--you just won a $250 airline gift card and now you're trying to win another one and just cost me all of my bids. It's weird. Seriously, stay away. But, stay away, not because of quibids, because of the nutjobs on the site.

trendg
9/11/11

Feels and works like a scam !

They would not let you adjust bids while buying their own bids voucher. Even though the original bids were actually paid for - At 60 cents per bid.

And it is really hard to win anything.

Here is a shocker -
I bid on two different 50 bids voucher auctions, supposedly worth $30, and each (penny) auction went to $5.5+ ! That means, that auction was worth 550 bids X 0.60 = $330 for a $30 voucher for JUST Bids from quibids.com (not any real product or worth anything unless you win something) - This is 1000% more than the actual price for something that is NOT even a real product !!

If this is not scamming consumers, I don't know what else is.

They surely seem to making money. If auctions go to $20+, that is 2000 bids at 0.60 or $1200+. Seriously folks ! How many products (many without any warranty) are listed there worth $1200. And now imagine auctions going to $50 or $60. $50 is about $3,000.

wyatta
9/8/11

I basically read the terms and conditions quickly and took the bait about the site being better than ebay... I signed up and entered in credit card information same as when I signed up for ebay. Then literally seconds passed and an email appeared with a charge of 60.00 to my credit card. I knew immediately I had made a very bad decision and read CAREFULLY into the terms... Quibids charges ahead of time for a "bid pack" and when you log into the site and place a bid your name will appear for a moment, then quickly be replaced by another bid. It looks very much like a scam and is almost certainly making some group of investors extremely rich. I know I will never go back to the site and they can keep my 59.40 that I leave behind in disgust. Promptly cutting up my credit card and calling credit company to explain suspected fraudulent site has my credit card number... STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS!!

lorraineb1
9/4/11

SCAM!
I have no problem with the profit margin - they can make all the money they want to legitimately - HOWEVER, something smells - phew!
- 3 auctions in a row it was down to 2 bidders and my last bid was rejected "too late" with 2 second on the clock. First time, maybe a connection problem, second time suspicious, third time STINKY!
- EVERY auction I participated in seemed to be the most popular on the site. All around me $10 certificates were going for less than 25 cents, while 10 "people" were bidding multiple times and spending more than the value. Yes, Buy Now meant I didn't lose it all but when you add the service charge .........
Like I said, legit profit is one thing - this site is an entirely different thing.
BEWARE

t-k
9/1/11

First...I want to say...Site Jabber is really cute in their presentation. Im not a brown noser just stating facts...The review I would like to give is on the comments at quibids. I can see the fake comments that are written by the people who work for quibids...being a master at reading B.S. I was married for twenty years (my credentials). I will weed out the fake from the real...why mislead people and then try to cover up with fake comments?

richardh15
8/30/11

They lure you in with easy-to-win beginner bids. Once you do that you are a seasoned bidder I guess... $15 Walmart gift card for $60.00. What a bargain! If you like to gamble, this is the site for you. If you like to gamble and win... well, nobody gambles and wins. I find throwing money into a slot machine much more satisfying. With a slot machine, there is no false hope of actually getting something for a low price. And slot machines aren't gambling in disguise - they put it right out there. At least with a slot machine I know I probably won't come out ahead. But I actually think my odds may be better.

christ371
8/27/11

What a joke!

Went to sign up for my "FREE" account. was offered "3 FREE Bids" if I signed up for their newsletter. Figured "Cool...at least I can check it out first". Then I got sent to the 2nd page....

NOW you are required to buy a "Starter Bid Pack" of 100 Bids for $60. Apperently you won;t get anything actually "FREE". Anyway, was not willing to fork out the cash before I could see the service, so I went to exit the page. Low and behold, a "Live Agent Chat" widow pops up. Figured I had nothing to lose by explaining, so I did, "Live" my ass!!! The "chat" is of course a bot. Funny thing is that when you ask if it's even a person, the reply is "Yes, i am a real person and my name is Rachael". BUT, if you ask it what color a lemon is, it's screwed. The the reply that you get is "My information is limited and you will have to contact Customer Support" followed by a few repeated sales pitches to offer me 3 more "FREE" bids.

bills30
8/19/11

These people are making out like bandits on the ignorance of the masses. Do the math. Wouldn't any retailer like to make $8,037.60 on and IPad 2?

joshk4
8/17/11

Scam. If you are eager to want to buy something for cheap, go to the flea market. This site is a scam. They find anyway possible to steal your money.
I started the program and totally missed the 60 dollar start up fee. My bad. I tried to cancel it right away and emailed the customer care. But not knowing how to use the site, I set up a auto bid deal for a camera. Well I quickly learned that each bid cost money which is ridiculous. Why not have a free bid, you are going to pay for the item anyway, you shouldn't have to pay for a bid and the item, stupid. So I guess by doing a auto bid it drained my 60 dollars like in 15 minutes and I wasn't able to get any money back which the whole time I had been a member was like 20 minutes and lost 60 dollars. With their reply they said "well if we refund everyone their money back, how would we stay in business?". I said okay, you just bought a bad rating for 60 dollars. My bad for thinking this was a good thing.

tomn3
8/11/11

Quibids is a defrauding, sinister scam.

For more information, see: http://scamadvocates.com/18-Quibids.html

garyf5
8/9/11

. First of all, QuiBids.com require people to pay for the option to bid, but don't allow them to bid in increments of their choosing. This means that QuiBids is forcing the price up and profiting all the while.

On eBay, the seller and buyer have the auction monitored by the website, which is the trusted third party. On QuiBids.com, there is no trusted third party. QuiBids is the seller and the auctioneer. It works in their favor – and their favor only – to drive the price up in these small 1 or 2 cent increments.

QuiBids attempts to redeem themselves by offering you the "By It Now" option, which is when you can take the total amount of your failed bids and apply that toward the retail price of the item you were bidding on. Say you bid $80 total on an iPod Nano that cost $150. For the remaining $70, Quibids will sell you a Nano. Well, $70 plus tax, fees, and shipping and handling.

With the added "fees," tax, and S&H, that Nano will cost you more than it would at Apple, and usually much more than it would at a discounted retailer like Amazon.com or Target. In addition, QuiBids is not an approved retailer of Apple – or any major brand name – products.

This means that if you get the item from them, the manufacturer warranty is void – if it breaks within the first 60 days, you will not be able to get it repaired or exchanged. If you have a problem within the first 30 days, QuiBids will refund the final auction price you paid, but not a single dime of the bids it took to win the auction.

It's much better to stick to legitimate auction sites like eBay, instead of spending lots of frustrating time and effort on penny auction websites like QuiBids.com.

markr21
8/5/11

Don't bid using an iPad or iPhone. You'll be sorry. Even though I placed a bid before time had expired, the iPad I was using did not register the bid. Quibids will not reimburse you for these lost bids.

waylands
8/4/11

I go on a decent amount of penny auction sites from time to time but, I just don't like this one. Not only do I see comercials for it but they send me spam mail... it's annoying. There are too many people bidding on this site so if it is possible for someone to win items then good luck being the last bidder. One thing that I don't like is that they send you spam email...why? When you have comercials on tv; something seems shady there. Also, I like how they boast about being BBB (Better Business Bureau) approved or accredited. Most people believe the BBB to be government controlled or to actually have legal action or powers to take a business to court. They don't. In fact anyone can have an accredited approval rating from the BBB... you just have to pay them a fee and they aprove of you. In turn the BBB is a scam in its own right, it's sort of a mafia tactic only they don't come in your shop and destroy it when you don't pay, they just don't approve of your business or maybe even give you a bad review. My apologies, I kinda rambled on for a minute.

My theory, the site probably is legit if they are ballsy enough to advertise on tv, it's just there are too many people bidding on items to actually stand a chance.

vanessag2
8/4/11

Worst site I have ever used! For $60 I got ONE $10 walmart gift card and spent countless useless hours on that stupid site! HATE HATE HATE quibids!!!!! BAD stay away.

mariuszp
7/30/11

Be careful!!!! Its a total scam!!! want to get something go to ebay or better yet buy it in store and you gonna save money over buying it on quibids. The clocks are rigged. Who knows who wins this stuff, probably people from quibids. What a BS!!!!!!!!

paulm43
7/27/11

its great... another good one i found is ibid4mc.com . customer service is great.. shipping is quick... its not too crowded.... you actually have a chance to win

jaimed
7/22/11

I do get things on quibids but unfortunately if you just jump in and think you can get an i pad for 20.00 then you are going to be out of pocket, there are now so many people on the site that makes it harder to win anything for a decent price.
I was doing pretty well but then I got greedy and tried to win something big for next to nothing ended up losing a lot of bids but, I have won an ipad 2 xbox 360 kinnects and others which I have sold on ebay netting a tidy profit. I don't buy anything that doesn't have free bids with it if I can help it and I buy a lot of gift cards now they have gas cards. A few months ago I bought about 9 cards total cost including all bids purchased to buy them with $320.00 and I got $900.00 worth so that month it worked out, other months I don't save more than 5 or 10 dollars as for being suspicious over the same name bidding in auctions that you are looking at, well that's just stupid, if you're seeing the same name at more than one auction then you are also at the same auctions!! Lots of people buy here and sell on ebay or amazon so beware of anybody who has been on the site a long time they probably have free bids and can afford to throw them on an auction that you might be bidding on. If you don't get greedy and you can sit back and watch a while, then you might have a little fun and win something, if you're looking for a big tv for 100.00 keep your money , and look at something else. I haven't had a problem they have always been great with phone support and I have always gotten my things in a few days, like every thing else that involves a gamble there is a possibility of losing, if you don't want to lose then don't play the game.

philb5
7/14/11

This site is one of the worst sites I've ever come across. I've tried a couple other penny auctions and didn't have any problems but they didn't have things that I was interested in. I saw an ad for this site and its advertising and guarantees etc. on their website sign-up sounded good. So I signed up. I received five free bids and I use them to win more bids but was never able to win more than five bids and the other items if they had up for bid Were not items that I was interested in so I quit bidding for a while. After a few weeks I thought they might have more items available for auction but I couldn't for the life of me remember my old account in fact I had forgotten I had had account with them. So I opened up the account, a new account, and realized immediately that this was the same account there I have and I closed it within 15 minutes of opening it. Nowhere in the enrollment does it say they will charge your account $60 when you sign up. It does say it'll get they will give you five free bids if you sign up. Lo and behold they charged my account $60 without my authorization or knowledge until I saw to my bank account statement. I contacted customer service and was promised that my money would be refunded immediately. This was back in mid June since then I have been going around and around with customer service and they have lied to me, withdraw money from my account without authorization, sent me a notice that they refunded me the money in June but there is no record from my bank of them refunding the money. They keep giving me one excuse after another to verify my account. I can't believe it. Then to make matters worse I look at my bank statement today and they credited my account $60 and then on the same day took $60 out again even though I've had nothing to do with bidding on their site at all. Speaking to customer service is like talking to a wall. They are typical customer service representatives. They make all kinds of excuses blame it on everybody else Lie to you to you and then tell you yet contact some other department. Then this person disconnected me while we were chatting before the we were finished. I open the chat window again got different person iand told him what happened. Then he connected me with this person called Marshall and he denies that he disconnected me. Then he gave me the typical customer service runaround over and over again. I asked to speak with a supervisor and he said he was a supervisor. I worked for Microsoft customer service for about a year and I know the game he is playing. He was hoping I would believe that he was a supervisor and let it go at that. Supervisors in customer service don't answer regular calls only if there escalated and this wasn't an escalated call so I know he was filling me with BS. Stay away from this site unless you want to lose your money. If you have money to throw away I'll give you my e-mail address and send it to me. I am a retired disabled Army veteran who served 28 years in the Army and that money that they took out of my account without authorization may not seem like a lot to some people but to someone Living on retirement and disability it is a lot of money. This site is a typical penny auction scam just like the rest of them. Why the Justice Department or Who ever Is in control of these things doesn't go after them I don't know. If you look them up on the Internet you'll find thousands of complaints. You'd think the government would go after them. These sites must be paying somebody off Somebody so that they won't be investigated. Again take my advice STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE as if going to it would give you Ebola. I am going to try everything in my power to get my money back. I am fortunate that I have a brother who is a experience attorney in this type of legal actions has been one for about 20 yearsSo I am going to talk to him and see if There is anything legally I can do. (Forgive the mistakes in my comments here but due to my disability I have to use speech recognition software and it's not very good yet but supposedly the more I use it the better it will get.)

martah1
7/4/11

I have been bidding on Quibids for a couple of weeks. If you don't know what you're doing, you will definitely just throw money away. However, if you learn how to bid, you can win and save money. I've been racking up gift cards to spend on back to school expenses (I'm a teacher,) and have done very well. So far, I have $175-- for a dept stores for which I paid appx. $22.00, and $50- at staples for which I paid $4.06. Also, I have a $25- restaurant card which cost $2.04. These prices include the bids and a $1.99 s&h charge for each card. Now that I know how to win, I can bid on the larger gift cards and win. What people have not told you is that with certain items, such as gift cards, you win additional bids. My first $60-- went fast, but now that I know the scheme, I don't have to buy bids. I've also bought (won) a Cuisinart Bread Machine, a toaster oven, 2 sets of 4 Tervis glasses, a bedside iPod speaker system, and a teaching electronic globe, all for very low prices. Mentally, I spread the original $60- among all of my wins. Over time, so far, that's an extra $4- per iten won. Not bad. MY BIGGEST PROBLEM with Quibids is that they entice you with iPad2s when you first join and don't know how to win, and then once you learn, they parade a bunch of garbage for you to bid on. I'm literally given Legos and George Foreman Grills as choices. If I did not want gift cards, I would no longer be on the site. The customer service absolutely sucks! By the way, I taught my Mom how to bid and she is winning without throwing away her original 60 bids. There is definitely a learning curve.

joshuap2
6/24/11

I was very cautious about joining quibids at first but this is my experience:

I purchased 100 bids like I had to and found a deal online for 10 extra bids. Once I got my bids i put 2 on 15 more bids and won some more. The next thing I bid on was a 15 dollar gift card from walmart/lowes/home depot plus another 25 bids. After winning after only 5 bids on the gift card i figured I'd bid on something big. After losing about 30 bids I finally realized that I couldn't win anything big so I decided to go for something small like another gift card. After only 7 bids I got a 50$ gift card and another 20 bids. I plan on selling the gift cards and making about 50 bucks back in cash for the gift cards and I still have another 100+ bids. So far so good if I can keep getting my bids back and some small prizes.

kiml9
6/23/11

If you are a better bidder then Quibids penalizes you by reducing the number of available auctions to you without notice. You and all of the other savvy bidders are basically lumped into the same auction pool which will dramatically reduce your odds of winning.

Here you have it direct from Quibids The response given when I questioned their bait and switch tactics. I wonder how this customer service rep rationalizes this type of answer and sleeps at night.

Chase, Jun-22 09:38 am (CDT):
Hi

Based on feedback from our customers, we have found that customers typically don't want to see an increase in their competition as QuiBids' popularity continues to grow. QuiBids attempts to limit some auctions to participants of comparable skill, as determined by QuiBids, to enhance user experience and maintain a viable business model. In so doing, QuiBids may limit which auctions are available to particular users based on any factors deemed appropriate by QuiBids in its sole discretion, including experience of the user, historical success of the user, demographic factors, prior bidding and spending activity, and other factors. In particular, QuiBids may limit certain auctions to less experienced or successful users in any manner QuiBids deems appropriate to optimize the overall user experience of all QuiBids users. You acknowledge that You may be, and You consent to being, excluded from auctions at QuiBids discretion.
Our number one goal is to maintain a great user experience for all customers, along with balancing heavy strain on our servers. If the product you want is currently not showing, please continue to check back as new and exciting products will be added frequently!

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance, and have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

Chase
QuiBids Customer Support

turkeyt
6/22/11

It's amazing that people keep using Quibids. I wonder if people realize they are going to lose money and just don't care, or if Quibids is duping everyone. I wouldn't spend a dollar here.

brads5
6/20/11

Got lured in and bought bids, bid and won 3 items the first day, which is the limit.. Excited to bid again but thought should wait to make sure I received the items???? well received one, the other two "who knows if I will ever receive",,, it has been over 30 business days and have made numerous phone calls, live chat as well as emails. Quibids customer service answers by opening a claim with the shipping department...? Unacceptable for sure.. If I had spent more than the 60 dollars to set up I would sue... But not worth it.. I recently requested the account be closed and refund of the unused bids I have... Well see how that works since it has been 5 days since I requested that.. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE.

nasha
6/19/11

Whoever came up with Idea (website) is genius. I saw a Samsung 55" 240hz 3D LED HDTV going and still going (not ended yet) for $120 and probably will sell (auction) for around $250 or more. Now let see each bid is worth $0.60 and times that 25000 it is going to make them (site owner) $15000.00. Original T.V cost 2500.00 a profit of $12500.00 now that is making money thanks to lot of dumb people like us.

craigoryf
6/17/11

My Quibids review after having tried their site after seeing the commercial I have to tell people to stay away if you do not want to lose a $100.00 and get nothing in return for it then just stay away. Their commercial promises you a good deal saying you can get a $2,000.00 TV for $123.90 what they don't tell you right away is that each penny ($0.01) cost sixty cents ($0.60) this means that this TV will cost $7434.00 in the end and you can only bid in penny increments. Now to be honest this doesn't mean that you would had made all those bids, but you could make only $1000.00 worth in bids and still walk away with nothing, also those bids you pay for you know in bulk so they really cost $60.00 upfront expire. Also about shills and bots I can not tell you for certainty that Quibids uses those but when you look at the bidding that goes on you have to wonder why someone would pay $500.00 (paid bids not voucher bids) worth in bids for a monitor that you could get at newegg, tigerdirect, amazon or even ebay for $150.00. Now if you don't want that previous mentioned $1,000.00 in bids to mean nothing you could use their buy it now, this buy it now feature is another screw you move by them, they will allow you to use your $1,000.00 in bids towards the item, but they will not mention that the same item might had only really costed at any other website a $1,000.00 to begin with (to be fair no store I know of actually tells you their competitors price, but they also don't expect you to spend money and end up with nothing), yes they inflate their value price.

So in the end I will do you a favor, my advice is that nothing in life is free and there is no way you will get that $2,000.00 TV for pennies, do your friends a favor too if they think about getting on to Quibids tell them what I have told you "stay away from schemes like this one".

davidm52
6/16/11

This site decieves you. It flashes the price in your face to lure you in but hides the real "cost". What I mean by that?
First, don't think of yourself and think about how the website makes money. How they make money letting go a plasma TV for $43.35? Simple, obviously it is in the bids.
They say the real price of the plasma TV is $1600 then show the bidding price at $43.16. That is soo misleading of how money is being spent on the Bidding price.
Each bid last time I checked cost 60 cents and everytime someone uses a bid the price of the item goes up 1 cent. So if you see the bidding price of a TV at 43.16 that means that 4316 bids were spent on it. 4316 times 60 cents =$2589 goes to the website making a profit of about a thousand dollars. Now apply that to everything they auction on quibids.

That means the website is MAKING BANK. That also means it take a lot of losers to produce a winner. When you finally... finally do win something, you have to pay the bidding price and an expensive delivery system.

They show you the price, but not the cost. Cost is the bids you spent, bids you lossed on everything else you bid on, the price you do pay when you win, the time spent(hours on expensive items), and adopting a gambling habit that makes you lose anything you have won in the pass. Also everything you neglected to attend to the bidding(even though thier is an automatic bidding option). Cost is great. Its addictive.

So therefore, if you want to keep your life and your money.... stay away from the site.

I like math and I will tell you... it saved me big time from sites like these among other things in life.( You don't have to be a math major to figure it out, but liking math helped me spot the issue in the first place)-to put some weight on my review, I have my own website www.hamptonroadsmathtutor.com

terrya1
6/14/11

I've been playing on quibids about a week or so, One of my complaints about the site is when someone wins I feel there not putting what it really cost that person to win, you see thy don't count voucher bids as bids for the final price like thy do real bids, the reason I mention this is because if you bid on a $100 voucher in lose then decide to use the buy it now, you use real money but it's not counted as real money when you bid on something, that is really misleading.

jonb9
6/14/11

Folks....you need to understand how Quibids and other sites like them actually work. The auction can go on for hours and hours and hours. Only the strong survive, If you stop and do the math and see what Quibids is receiving for the $27 ipad they just sold you and you will see what a money making machine this is for them and what a drain it is on your time and well-being. Stay away....its worse than gambling

wayneh4
6/13/11

I recently went into this site to see what all the hype was about. As with alot of the other reviews I do feel they use bidbots or whatever. BUT, if you just go in and observe the auctions for awhile. You will get an idea of what alot of the iteams go for. That way you use minimum bids AND still get the items for a reasonable price. If you go in headstrong,naturally your going to lose your A** on the bigger items. Also, the site does offer some helpful hints if you just take the time to look at all aspects. My advice.... as with anything, don't just rush in and start bidding. OBSERVE...OBSERVE.... Before you do anything. And yes I have spent some money on buying bids. BUT, with what I've won in auctions I'm still ahead of the game.

5 Photos for QuiBids