US Government's NSF

1st Review:
carolm1

728 Reviews for QuiBids

Review Highlights

I won three $25 and one $50 gift cards for a total of $125 in value.

$.60 a bid and a whole mob of people trying to get stuff for cheap.

I am an unemployed analyst, so; a) that means I have time on my hands.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

5/1/11

i checked out quibids.com site without registering my email but they still managed to send me an email

4/28/11

Quibids.com is a company that should be seriously investigated. There is so much double talk and misleading information in the fine print of their site it would leave a seasoned attorney confused. First of all they want you to purchase "Bids" at $.60 a piece then they classify them as either "Voucher" or "Real Bids". The problem is you do not get a choice on which ones you are using. Consumer beware of this "Too good to be true" website. I assure you it is not what it seems. They claim on their website "If you don't win the auction, you never have to go away empty handed. Any time after you've placed your first bid in an auction, you can choose to buy the product for a discount using the Buy Now feature. This will help limit your losses so you don't have to leave all your bids on the table". This could not be farther from the truth. As mentioned above you don't get a choice on how your bids are classified. So when it comes time to purchase the item you did not win, guess what? Those vouchers do not apply to this purchase. Please do yourself a favor and stay very clear from this site or you and your money will be separating quickly. I do not see how the practices of this company are not considered outright criminal.
J

4/26/11

Horrible....they lure you in with "free" bids which in fact are not. They have your ccard info and charge it whether you win or not. My free bids were in fact charged to my account. What I thought I was using was the free bids to check it out. I didn't bid after they were used, which I didn't win anything for they have this rigged clock thing going on. Don't waste your time or your money here......BAD NEWS!!!

4/23/11

Bait and Switch... So, I love how they tell you that you can get a Ford mustang for $45, but not that you pay $45 for your winning bid + the 20,000 bids which cost 60 cents each. You CAN get a deal on this website, but its impossible to know how much you will have to spend on an item since you pay for every bids and there can easily be hundreds and thousands of bids per item. In the end you can end up paying more for the item due to the bid system. not worth the risk.

4/21/11

If you are a gambler this site is for you. I have won on this site ,small stuff and it cost me more than it was worth.You are better off shopping and buying it, than going on this site and gambling for it.If you do want to gamble on this site,Watch it for a couple of days and learn or you will get burn!.

4/20/11

This site is bait and switch they claim they save you money on new items but they charge you $.60 for each bid. Boy wish I would have know this before I tried the site and the should disclose it on the TV ad that you have to pay for every bid you make. I am sure the Department of commerce and FCC should look at this site closely to see how they are cheating everyone. You have 50 people biding $.61 at a time on an item so in reality they are profiting on everyone and make more than the item is worth. I ll go to Best Buy and pay retail or open box item price. At least they will give you complete customer service instead of citing did you read the fine print completely so screw you we have your money just go away unhappy. I tried talking to customer service and disputing the charge on my card the next step is the department of agriculture.

4/17/11

I signed up on quibids when I realized how it worked I never went back I recieved e-mails from them dated 4/9/11 I just opened it to find out I bought bids I don't know how it happened but checked my bank account and sure enough $60- was charged. I just wrote an E-MAIL because there isn't any phone# to call so I hopefully will get my money back I'm an E BAYER myself but I did ask to have someone call me.I'll see what happens next

4/15/11

Do not get lured into this site. It's rigged. I know I clicked before the 1 second was up three times, however the site said "I was too late and the bid ended." At first I thought, ok maybe this only happens on the large ticket items, but I was wrong, this notice came up two times for the $15 and $25 items. I know I was not late because I had won 3 items previously.

On my first day, I observed for a couple of hours before I started bidding. I did win three items on day one, however, they were all priced under the amount I paid for the bids. Cost of bids minus the amounts I earned equaled a $15.00 loss. I will not buy any more bids.

I tried various hours, various strategies. Do not get lured into this site.

4/14/11

This site is not for the faint of heart. Yes there is risk but do your research and for gods sake have some common sense(and an IQ greater than that of a potato lol) just kidding be dumb with your bids I need a new big screan for my PS3 I won for under a $100 dollars shipped to my door as welas many other things after all ITS AN AUCTION DUHHH

4/14/11

They are a bunch of crooks. You buy the bids, then you are biding on they item, The biding never ends. Then when you bid like I do, when there are 2 seconds left...the biding ends, and it tells you your bid is too late. I was biding on the 2 second mark all during the biding, and it worked fine. I asked customer service if there was a time limit, and they said no. I spent 127.00 to get a 25.00 gift card. DO NOT WASTE YOU HARD EARNED MONEY ON THIS SITE!

EXPERT
4/14/11

I saw a puff-piece about quibids on some morning show. Just trolling around, I went to the site and thought it was the greatest thing since sliced-bread. Imagine, thousands of people worldwide, plopped down at the same time trying to win something neat for a penny.

I don't like to gamble. Nothing against it, just don't find it appealing at all. But this Penny Auction thing seemed somehow different. I didn't research penny auctions, I just dove right in a learned as I went along.

Started with an introductory bid pack (60, I think). First, you are considered a beginner and are forced to bid in auctions with other newbies for low-value items (gift cards and bid packs). It is pretty easy to win, then you graduate to the big time. The world of IPADs and IPODs. Some Penny Auction sites highlight designer fashion accessories but quibids mainly lures you with electronics.

In with the big boys now, I still kept my bidding to modest items. I found it harder and harder to win. I did manage to accumulate 3 wins on the first day and was banned for 24 hours (this is to give others the opportunity to win, they say).

I took my time in purgatory to read through the sites policies, practices, and strategy guide. Man was I hooked. I had won more than what I spent and was banned for winning too much. All I did win, however, was a couple Walmart gift cards, a Staples gift card and some bid packs.

I came back (after my suspension for being too good) with a new sense of purpose: To win IPADs, IPHONES and other high-priced electronic stuff for which I have no use. I tried autobidder, single bids and combination of both. I spent at least 5 hours bidding, waiting, and analyzing other peoples bidding habits on one stupid IPOD.

When the bidding was over and the smoke cleared, I had lost $150 and felt as if I had been beaten with a club. Defiled. Wounded. Stupid. Then, I put my pants back on and Googled "quibids scam" and found SJ and never went back.

GOOD:

- Within 10 days I received my gift cards. I believe that you will receive what you win.
- Their website is well organized and responsive. Timers seem to work well.

BAD:

- The later it gets in the evening (or early morning hours) the fewer items of significant value are auctioned.
- Bidding practices I observed don't make sense and make me wonder if, at times, Quibids uses Bots.
- I notice that some auctions disappear. I have heard of this phenomena at QuiBids and other auction sites as well.

OVERALL IMPRESSION

I believe that, at times, Quibids uses Bots. And for that reason, I believe it is a Scam. QuiBids allows the interaction of Bidfellow software (bidfellow.com). Bidfellow is a 3rd party software program that gives someone the ability to create their own Bot (autobot) giving them a distinct advantage in the bidding process.

But if you are a Penny Auction fan, QuiBids is probably one of the most reputable sites. Having read reviews of many penny auction sites here, pennyauctionwatch.com and bestpennyauctionwebsites.com I have concluded the QuiBids is better than most.

VERDICT

I recommend it for anyone who is going to play penny auctions (dead set on it). You are safer here than at a lot of other sites.

I don't recommend penny auction sites in general, though. There is too much fraud and not enough over-site.

4/11/11

Quibids is run by people who have no regard for their customers. They didn't care at all about my lost bids and money. I wouldn't use them again.

4/10/11

I believe Qubids has people out there bidding on things to jack-up the price. I watch one bidder, bidding on 3 items at once. On a 25 dollar gift card he bid 40 times then walked away. Pretty much bid what the card cost. I understand you can then buy the card on 2nd chance offer, But he was doing this on two other items at the same time. This is not the first time seeing this. Why is it you see things sell for .05 on the same item at the same time is up to $3.00 ??????

4/8/11

Ok so after reading the reviews on here and checking out the site I decided to give it a try for fun. I saw the reviews where it stated you win a bunch in the beginning then nothing. I started out buying the forced to buy $60 bid pack. Right away I won a $15 gift card and a $10 gift card, sweet! The next day I won another $15 gift card. Two days later I ripped right through my bids. I saw a $25 gift card go for $5.60, That's a $336-$25 profit for quibids, I can't imagine how much money they make. Anyway, I bought another 75 bids and couldn't win anything if my life depended on it. I can see how people get addicted to this site. I would stay away at all costs and am very surprised they get away with this scam.

4/8/11

I am not a big gambler, but I love the concept here.

HEY DUMMIES THAT THINK IT'S A SCAM: DON'T BID ON THINGS YOU DON'T INTEND TO BUY ANYWAY! If you lose the auction, you can but the darn thing at regular (albeit full) price, and credit your 'bids' against it. If you are going to buy an iPad, for example, anyway, might as well bid on it, because Apple charges the same in the store as Quibids will online. At lease you have a chance at winning it, and it's kinda fun...

4/7/11

I am surprised that people even get attracted to this website. It is common sense. You don't need to know a lot of math to figure out how this site works. I won't waste time explaining because other reviewers have already done that. But I will say one thing to those idiots (And Yes, IDIOTS.) that ANYTHING THAT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IS NOT TRUE! Print this and keep it in your wallet so that every time you open it, you will see this print and won't spend unnecessarily.

4/7/11

It's a scam, plain and simple.

For example, let's say they list an iPad for $0.01. Ok, 1,000 people bid in once cent increments on the iPad, at 60 cents a bid (average), Quibids has already made $600. A 16 GB iPad costs (MSRP) $499. Quibids has already paid MSRP (which I am SURE they get a discount) and made a 101 profit, off of one item. 999 people are out an iPad, and one person got it because the other 999 basically paid for it for them (minus whatever the "final" bid is that the winner pays, of course.

SCAM, plain and simple.

4/6/11

I saw the commercial on TV and since I have been using Ebay for years, I decided to give them a try. At first, all indications are that you will get an item at a great price. However, after participating in two auctions and spending hours looking at the screen. I began to feel sorry for the poor slobs that were chasing an ipad at 60 cents per click, without any guarantee that the hundreds of dollars they were bidding (spending) would get them anything at all. Sure One lucky (if you can call it lucky) person will end up with the item. But after paying the $54.00 + the 300 bids x .60 = $180 that it took him/her to win. If that was the final total. I saw one person bidding from the beginning, only to give up when it got to $54.00+. I felt so sorry for them. I wish there was a way to say "Stop using Bid-O-Matic". Each bid of a penny, cost the bidder 60 cents. Do the math 54.00 = 5400 cents x .60 = $3240.00. They are getting $3240.00 for an Ipad and one lucky sucker is getting it for $54.00 + what ever amount he use to bid. That Bid-O-Matic feature was a sure way to spend 60 cents every 5 seconds. Genius!!! Incredible!!! Do the math how long will you last at .60 every 5 seconds, when an auction can take hours. Oh, and the time does not run out. The clock keeps resetting while people are still using their .60 click. Bottom line, if you want to gamble go to Las Vegas, at least you will get a cheap lunch. Want to spend 30 bucks, buy a book an learn something. Stay away from this site.

4/6/11

I actually won an ipad in 5 bids, paying no more than $5 for that auction. However, people don't realize that each bid is worth .60 cents when you purchase them. Even though the bids only go up one cent everytime someone bids, your spending almost $1 on every bid you place. It took me the first $60 I purchased 100 bids .. 40 of those bids went to some other things before I won the iPad. Shipping cost me $15. So it took me roughly $80 to get the iPad wich is still totally worth it! I also won three gift cards in the same 5 minutes. Each one was won for under $10, and in under 5 bids each. It must have just been a slow time and no one was bidding because this has not happened for me since. I just sit and watch people keep on bidding, wasting money. I would say that this web site is very legetimate but can take your money in no time. Its wise to watch the items you wish to win before bidding anything, to see how fast its going up and up... its a lot of luck if you win anything. Aim for the smaller priced items, like the $10 gift cards. People seem to let those slip away while watching the more expensive items.

4/5/11

As pointed out by other viewers, read the Quibids 101 section. This is not an auction site and they are not in the business of selling you anything.

The purpose of this site is to sell the "fun" of bidding. Really if you want to
bid on something, go to Ebay, you can bid all you want for free.

From many reviewers you see complaints of:
1) Bot Bidders
2) The mysterious "2 Seconds Left" freeze
3) Every time some bids time is added to the auction
4) Extra Selling costs if you "win" something (transaction fees, shipping fees, etc)
All of these are signs that something is not right here.

Really guys, stick to Ebay.

4/5/11

I wasted $60 on this site, it was enough for me to realize it is a scam. Here is why:
-They almost definitely use bots to make fake bids.
-To get your trust and lure you to spending big they give a few small beginners prizes when you join.
-Their advertising about what the items recently sold for is false and misleading.
The above points constitute grounds for closing down the site.

4/4/11

This is a shameless scamming company. Even the banner ad is totally misleading. It claimed a Toshiba HDTV is sold for a bid of $57.38 with a "retail value" of USA $1349. The reality is their so called $57.38 (in their currency) is actually equal to USA $3442.8 PLUS shipping! I cannot even imagine how much people are ripped off with less "good" deals!

4/3/11

I only lost $ 60 , before I realized it was a scam. PLEASE DON'T BE A VICTIM OF THIS SITE!
After burning through all the bids, I figured it was a rookie mistake on my part. So, I started watching the process over a few days at various times. As soon as you run out of bids......or give up......or stop bidding, and observe for a few minutes.......THE ITEM SUDDENLY IS WON! They are creating that feeling of remorse, "Oh, if I just kept bidding a few more minutes...... I would have won!"
This site is like a video slot machine at a casino. Instead of nickels being pumped into a slot, it is a "bid" of 6 cents, lol. The joke is on you, if you give them any money. LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE, STAY AWAY FROM QuiBids.

4/3/11

Quibids is a scam. No doubt about it. Of course I saw how they made money before I signed up. They charge 0.60 per bid (unsuccessful or not). And bids only go up 1 cent at a time. So say a $2,000 computer sells for $200. That is 20,000 bids times 0.60 equals $12,000 earned in bids for the site. So yeah they can afford to sell it for $200. One person gets a deal, the rest lose. I was okay with that. Because it was transparent. May the smartest win. But what was not transparent is that they use bots. They have these bots win prizes for pennies. This makes you think there are great deals out there. But is totally fixed. As long as real people keep bidding, the bots keeping raising. As soon as the real people stop bidding, the "auction" ends, the bot "wins", they collect the cost of all your bids, and laugh all the way to the bank. It is a genius idea. I am reporting them to the State's attorney in Oklahoma where they are registered. They steal money from people. I hope the owners rot in hell. I really do.

4/3/11

The prices seem so reasonable until you realize that they zapped you for $60.00 plus 60 cents per bid. Then they tell you that you can buy the item supposedly worth $350 for $172 less the $60.00. There were five of us bidding on the item, so they got well over the value of the product. What a scam!!!

4/2/11

Let me ask a question: How many of you would 'argue' about... eBay, WalMart - or any other business where you DO get value for what you've paid for? I doubt many if ANY would.

ANY site/business that generates THIS amount of debate has got SERIOUS legitimacy problems. Anyone who has to question - 'did I get a REAL deal?' should WAKE up and say 'no.'

The fact that NO ONE has bothered to (simply) look up this business, it's on BBB, it's credentials/financials (and if you have, then, THAT is enough to tell you) WITHOUT all this; 'you said/I said.'

If most of you had to deal with any business that has THIS much debate - and STILL is either debating; 'is it legit,' need to wake up. This ENDLESS reading/WRITING serves NO purpose.

Before you d business with ANY company you are not familiar with, do a background business check. This amount of 'red flags' is PLENTY more than is needed to say; 'no - I don't want to do business with them - there' s a LOT of questioning about it.'

Give this debate a rest. You DON'T need spreadsheets, calculators - you JUST need common sense.

If you read 1/10 of what's written here, you'll see it's repeated ad nauseum.

Move forward! Pick another business.

4/1/11

I agree with the reviewer who said that quibids is gambling... the house always wins... casinos are more generous. I have read a lot about these types of Websites with recommendations such as "bid at times when less people are online, start bidding later in the auction when the price is nearing the sweet spot then strike to avoid wasting bids, it may take several hours to win an auction so be patient, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah." If you're like me, you buy quality products at fair prices from companies who have earned your business... don't be a puppet on a string... you have a life and you're smarter than that. E-bay is truly what bidding online is all about.

3/31/11

No customer service!!!! I sent several emails and not 1 response after several days. I am out over $60 and all I got was an education. ripoff ripoff ripoff

3/31/11

Gee...maybe I'm just lucky.....but usually I'm not, however,...........bought the $60 starting bids. Ok I spent $60 which gives me 100 bids but after winning 4 items one with 25 bids, I currently have 115 bids left. I probably didn't bid on items that interested others so much but I got a $10 Walmart card for $.01 bid plus $1.99 shipping=$2.00 total plus the $.60 bid

Got a choose gift card(selected Walmat) same situation as above

A juicer/extractor for $8.00 including the cost/shipping and the three bidx I placed

A stainless steel slow cooker for $2.00 plus $1.80 for three bids.

I didn't bid on items that had lots of activity and obvious competition nor did I bid at what I have determined is the most active budding time.

Just did it for a little fun, and yes I guess it's like Las Vegas but I seemed to get more than I did by pumping quarters in those slot machines....but gee within limits that was fun also and I stopped when I reached my limit, win or lose. Same as I'll do on this site. It is what it is so don't get too carried away.

PS. I don't know or understand any fancy methodologies nor computer tracking
Just your average Nana.

3/28/11

Quibids is a shopping/gambling site. Maybe they don't want to be called a gambling site, but if you participate in auctions where you lose your money if you don't win you are gambling not buying.
If you don't want to lose your money you will have to use your bought bids to buy and use the voucher bids to gamble because you can not buy nothing with voucher bids.
Always use your bought bids to participate in an auction of something that you will want to buy. If you buy the small bid package of 45 bids it means that you have $27.00 dollars to buy something that you want.
If you join a $50.00 dollar auction and you run out of bids you will have to instantly buy 25 more bids in the Quibids bar in the bottom of the page to keep on biding or you will have to pay the rest of the money to complete the $50.00 of the auction.
You should not join Quibids and start gambling in expensive auctions, lose your bids and not buy the auction because is too expensive. It is better to use your bought bids to bid in an auction you can buy with the amount of bought bids you have and only gamble in the expensive auctions if you are left with voucher bids.
Bought bids will come first when you start biding because they expire in 6 months and voucher bids expire in one year. The ones that expire first will come first, some voucher bids expire in weeks.
It is very convinient that you know if you are biding with voucher bids or bought bids.
If you don't want to lose your money, you always need to know how many bought bids have you "invested" in an auction in case you lose and will have to buy it.
If you are careful you will end up always even. And with the voucher gamble bids you can win something big one day as it happens everyday in Quibids.
I always get even with my bought bids, and lose with my voucher gamble bids. Only one time I won an iPad 16gb with 8 voucher bids.
They provide excelent entertainment. It is exiting and fun to participate in this auctions. This is a cool site. I have a lot of fun but I lose a lot of time. Shopping and gambling is addictive.
This is my referral link: http://www.quibids.com/?refer=1716848
I don't know if I should put it or not. Remember use your bought bids to buy and your voucher bids to gamble.

3/28/11

I signed up for QuiBids about a month ago. I studied the site, tracked several auctions and picked a strategy. I would bid on $25 gift cards that had no bids and were nearing the auction end. I won a few gift cards this way and was pleased enough with the experience to recommend it to a family member. She signed up and had a similar experience. All of a sudden the number of auctions available dropped significantly and the competition increased dramatically. I contacted her to see if she was seeing the same thing and she was. Based on both of our observations I decided to start researching to find out what happened. I thought maybe they had not been profitable enough and so they cut back on the number of auctions to increase the number of bidders per auction and therefore increase revenue and profit.

As it turns out they are doing something much more deceptive. They are luring in new customers by allowing them access to a huge number of auctions where it is very easy to win. Once you have gotten a taste for the site and maybe referred some friends and family they move you to a mirror site. It looks the same, it feels the same, it has the same address in the browser window, except that there are less than 20% as many auctions to bid on. What QuiBids is doing is hooking it's customers by giving them a few good deals and then putting them onto a mirror site where the competition is fierce and the odds of winning are stacked against you. It's much like a drug dealer giving it away for free up front and then jacking up the rates later on. The difference here is the druggie knows he's paying more, QuiBids doesn't ever mention the fact that they are funneling you to a site where your odds of wining are dramatically reduced.

To be more specific, today I went to the QuiBids website from my work computer to check if they were hiding auctions from veteran bidders. It turns out they are. When I went to the site a few minutes ago they showed 2,246 active gift card auctions and 1,199 recently completed auctions. I logged in and those numbers immediately dropped to 431 active gift cards and 384 recently ended. I checked before logging in and there was a significant number of gift card auctions ending in the next 5 minutes. Upon logging in there were none except those in the last 20 seconds. I logged out but the lowly numbers remained. It seemed they were able to tell it was still me even though I wasn't logged in anymore. I realized at this point they were using tracking cookies so I went into my browser settings and cleared my cookies and went back to the site. Low and behold there were again 2,246 active gift card auctions and 1,199 recently completed auctions. To further test the theory I clicked on a gift card that I knew wasn't showing up on my logged in version of the site and it showed up as a regular auction. I clicked bid and it asked me to log in. Once I logged in that item was gone and I could not find it on the home page or the gift card page (as I was back to 431 auctions instead of 2,246).

Upon web searching it seems that a few other savvy users have noticed this as well and are trying to let others know. Unfortunately they are no match for the sea of new users. Add to that their strategy of letting you win a few first which gets you hooked and helps them get positive reviews and it becomes an incredible uphill battle to inform the public. There have to be thousands if not more users who are probably getting screwed over by QuiBids as we speak.

The reality is a company that mistreats is customers won't be a company for long. They can thrive on new users greed but only for so long. Either they will have to stop this manipulative business practice or they will not make it. Time will tell.

If you have won a few auctions and have now noticed a dramatic increase in competition you are probably bidding on the mirror site. If you would like to see the auction hiding for yourself you simply have to clear your browsers cookies. I don't know what browser you use but it's a pretty simple process.

Chrome: Press CTRL+SHIFT+DELETE and leave the Delete cookies and other site data checkbox checked and select from the beginning of time in the drop down.

Firefox: Pres CTRL+SHIFT+DELETE and leave the Cookies checkbox checked and select Everything for the time period.

If you are one of the targeted users (which I assume many of you are) then you can follow my steps above to see first what auctions are out there and then what auctions are available to you after logging in.

I'm unsure whether this is illegal or just deceptive but either way the public deserves to know they are signing up to be duped.

Caveat emptor my friends!

3/28/11

Is anyone else noticing that alot of the "positive" replies or comments appear to be from the same person (people), replying to multiple responses with the same text? Hmm, if they employ a BOT to respond to complaints about them, I can only imagine how many BOTS are on their own site. No thanks quibids. Thank you's to all of you for sharing your experience! God speed!!!

3/28/11

Seriously! I got "hooked" by an email sent to me and when I started to read it, I "thought" I was getting 60 bids just for registering! Cool, huh? I thought it was so exciting that I told my husband, who also registered, but asked me if I had to pay. I told him no, but he paid $60 for, I think, 100 bids. When I went to look on my "order history", I saw where I too also charged $60! That is $120 between us both. My husband won $10 gift card with 10 more bids. Well, today I was set on somehow winning, at least, some of our money back! As I was clicking away for a $200 gift card, all of a sudden, the "bid" key stated "paused". Nothing...nothing more happened. At this moment, I am still waiting to get on the website. I wonder if Quibids will refund my bids, that I placed, prior to the site going down...hum...
My main objective, now is to at least get some of our money back. To me, this has been a total waste of hard earned money and I have to agree with most of the other reviews. It is "not" an auction! Not when you have to pay for bids and it is closer to gambling than anything else! Like I said, right now, I just want to try and get part of our money back...Please, take advise from these reviews, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME!!!! It does take alot of TIME! I really wish that I would have looked at these reviews before "diving" right into it.

3/27/11

At best, this site is a time-waster for people who can watch trends and bid intelligently and selectively. If you have a lot of free time, are careful, and aren't concerned about long-term fatigue from staring at a computer screen, you can get some decent deals. BUT - you could very easily lose lots of money and time while getting little out of it. The people who run this site are raking in the $$$ - pulling one item out at random, a $250 gift card is presently priced at $15.85, with penny bid increments. So 1585 bids have been placed, all at $0.60, yielding a tally thusfar of $951. Ten people are still competing for the item, so the tally is sure to exceed $1000. One person may get a great deal. But all of the other people who bid will collectively lose a lot of money. Over time, the odds always favor the house. Don't get suckered in and fork your money over to these modern-day scammers.

3/22/11

I recently visited Quibid site and here is my experience. I watched bids for a couple of hours before signing up. The initial costs to buy bids was $60. I bid and won a voucher for 15 free bids(103 bids), later I won a 50 bid voucher (212 bids), then 25 bid voucher (215 bids), followed by a 100 bid voucher (547 bids) and a $100 Home & Office--u-choose-it card (1198 bids). Sounds good, although if you multiply the 2275 bids X $0.60 = $1,365.00 in Quibids pocket and these 5 items costs Quibids. com less than $100. You can figure the percentage. Quibids also pockets the money paid by the winner. But, the story doesn't end there. I found another 100 free bid voucher which I began bidding on around 900. When the bid reached around 1100 I started to scroll up to see how many bids I had remaining, then scroll back down to item. On bid 1197, I scrolled up to check on the number of bids I had remaining, then scrolled back down to find the item had sold. I was out-of-bids! I had spent all $60.00 and I was done. Does the site have bots to bid-up items? My best guess is "yes". Quibids, sent me an e-mail saying I would be receiving the card in 10 days. It's been 3 weeks and still no card. After an e-maiI, Quibids say, they will advise me when it ships. Beware of this site!

3/22/11

STAY AWAY!! It ended up costing me $63.00 for a $10.00 gift card of my choice. This is 99% a scam!!~!

3/20/11

This is a 100 percent real legit site. I am a real person and was as nervous as many people would be. about 4 weeks ago I bid and won a small 15 dollar walmart gift card for 7 cents.I did research and got a strategy together before I tried a big auction.In the last two days I won a 55 inch led tv for 80 bucks and a 200 dollar wm gift card for 5 bucks. I will not have anyone talk bad about this site.Its your fault if you go all in without a plan and loose all your money.Take time, come up with a strategy, win.Its just that simple. I have lost zero dollars and have come out ahead.I give this my highest possible recommendation.

3/15/11

So I got a promo pack at Quibids and was really intrigued by it. I did a little studying and figured out a strategy. I would go for gift cards ( 10,15, and 25 dollar value) that also came with additional bids. I thought that would give me some extra bids to be a little more aggressive with bids.

I ended up winning about 100 dollars worth of cards and still had the same number of bids that I started with, but very important; there is a 2 dollar shipping, but really "handling" fee. I thought that winning the 10 dollar cards was relatively easy, especially since I was getting the bonus bids. I worked out that my unit of opportunity cost was about $2.50 for 10 dollar gift card, and that would translate to about $5.00 for 25 dollar card and so on.

Here is the wildcard. Irrational bidders and very important to note, all bids don't have the same value. Yes each bid costs 60 cents, but some people don't pay 60 cents a bid, they win them by bidding on them in the voucher auctions. I didn't get it until, I started to lose auction after auction and seeing the winners bid 2 and 3 times more than the value of the card. For example, a 10 dollar card should not be bought for more than 8 dollars worth of bids( 13 bids or so) + the 2 dollars fee. But a single bidder could be bidding 30-50 times for a 10 dollar card.

Then it hit me. I saw the winner and they were using voucher bids, ones they won on other auctions. They could have won 100 bids (60 dollar value) for let's say 2 dollars. Those 100 bids are not worth 60 cents each to them, they are only worth 2 cents, so they are willing to bid many times more.

Bottomline: not all bids are created equal and the more people bid with lesser value bids, the more purchased bids lose. My guess is that at some point, only people with lower value bids will be left, but the site is banking on newcomers to wander into the pit. Beware!

PS: I ended up 5 dollars positive. A whole lot of work for 5 dollars.

3/14/11

Same as everyone else here. $60 up front for a $10 Target Gift Card. This site should be labelled as too good to be true. You're better off using eBay or Amazon or maybe even other online stores and look for good deals there, at least they will not siphon off money before the purchase.

Stay away, I wish I had reviewed the site before joining. I feel like the dumbest person on Earth right now.

Shame on them, but mostly shame on me.

3/13/11

Total BS Stayed on auction for over ten hours and with in a fraction of a second the item (supposably) sold as I was bidding, my page froze and was kicked from the auyction site. How convenient? Theres more but would take explaining the circumstances. Stay Clear

3/13/11

The number of items up for bid is tightly controlled and regulated by the number of people that are logged into the site at any one time. So the law of supply and demand takes over and there are always a much larger number of bidders than the are items to bid on couple that with peoples natural gambling instincts and the items are eventually sold for prices much higher than there accual value. yes you may be the lucky bidder and I truly mean lucky, that is if you don't run out of bids, but your odds of being the winner are much less when there are a number of bidders bidding on the same item. Also, if you don't log in and check the the final bid price on the items, the prices are much less or not even there after you log in. Try it. Very deceptive.

3/13/11

this site only gets negative reviews because people bid too much, Why would you bid more than you have too? I love this website, I wait untill I am bidding against people that know that the rule of the game is to "keep it cheep, were not on ebay here". So yes, the owners walk away with a big bundel of cash, but you don't think that ebay doesnt rip you off with all its listing fees and paypal doesnt get its green when it charges for transfers. Quibids is simple and I think its a great website for people to stop and think "hey i didnt win, but i helped someone else get there item cheeper" stop being so greedy.

Apprentice Reviewer
3/13/11

I am barely even able to describe this as an online auction site. This is as bad as bidsauce. Look, I will make this review as short and sweet as possible. IF IT SEEMS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT IS. and particularly when the website's offer seems too good to be true ACTUALLY READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS! Hey, I have been taken; guilty of the same thing in the past, but I've been on the web long enough and made enough mistakes to know sites like bidsauce.com and quibids.com are a scam. I am grateful to Sitejabber and others who take the time out of their day to warn others to BEWARE or these sites. Keep a vigilant daily "quibids.com class action" google search going every few days, I see it coming. Very deceiptful business practice.

3/10/11

I bought $60. worth of bids. What a joke didn't stop to think I was bidding against the whole country. Spent $40. before I realized the money I had spent was a total loss. This is as bad as the lottery with I would imagine the same odds. I found myself bidding on things that I didn't really need and losing. This is the same as heading to the nearest casino problem is it is closer and easier to access. Beware friends, LK

3/9/11

In my opinion this website is a scam. Bids are not recorded accurately and customer service blames the bidders internet connection. You will purchase additional bids only to lose them. Stay away. If it seems too good to be true it is. What a mistake.

3/8/11

Folks, I'm not going to write a long review. Unless you are prepared to buy something at full price, STAY AWAY! Its simple to lure people in with the win of an inexpensive item, then you feel like you can win more just by spending more money. I don't think you can. Remember this... these people have found a way to get 2x or 3x the value of an item. Im sure the government will shut them down soon enough.... they hate competition. :)

3/6/11

The operators of Quibids are printing money with this site. Is this the new Mafia money machine?
Not enough variety and too many bidders for any one item. You can get lucky and buy something for a penny (just like slot machines) but most people keep bidding and then lose out.
I was following an auction for an Apple Ipad and the price kept climbing to a somewhat high price of $43.00. That might not sound like much but at $0.60 per 1 cent increment, that works out to to over $2,500 dollars for Quibids for a $700 item. As I watch, the price is still climbing.
Every person who bid on this lost money and only one person will win the Ipad.
I feel sorry for those who get caught up in this game.
Can I buy stock in this company? It is more profitable than porn.

3/6/11

I personally love the site, you just can't be stupid with your bids. I started by by bidding on gift cards that came with free bids on top of that. A $25 Walmart gift card with 20 extra bids for $0.03 is simply a steal. Sure it took me 10-15 bids to understand what to look for and go after. The simple secrets to the site is start small and just figure you will never ever get an ipad for $15 so its pointless to bid on it. also don't bid on things that have a lot of people bidding on it because you will lose. BE RESPONSIBLE and you will love it!

3/6/11

FREE REGISTRATION IS NOT FREE ON THIS WEBSITE! they have a pre-checked box when u register "the purchase is made unintentionally" According to Quibids "support".....They also only give you 103 bids (AKA $1.00) for $60 BASICALLY TRICKING you into thinking it's a free dollar worth of bids to explore their site. THEN AFTER YOU CHECK YOUR BANK ACCOUNT AND REALIZE YOU HAVE OVER DRAFTED they proceed in telling you that because the bids I "unintentionally purchased" were used and now they can't refund me. SCAM ALERT SCAM ALERT!

3/6/11

This site is NOT a scam. The scam is the United States Education System failing SO MANY consumers out there and defrauding them of real life know how so that they don't get screwed on bidding sites such as Quibids.

I've won quite a few auctions on this site, from headphones, to 2.1 sound systems, all the way to a 12" Subwoofer that retails at $400 MSRP.... The problem, is that people don't bother to understand this site... They don't bother to research it. They just see a bunch of counters in red lettering going down to almost 0 and they're all thinking "OMG I must bid on this item now!!! It's such a steal!!!" No, stop that. Quibids definitely is a cash cow for the operators, it really is, BUT, this site can also save you a good amount of cash if you know how to work the system. Please pay attention, as I will outline how to better navigate the Quibids site and not be burned by the "Too good to be true" offers.

1. Just because it says an iPad is currently being sold for $9.82, that doesn't (and almost never does) mean that the iPad will actually sell for that much.... This site utilizes a clock reset function, meaning that anytime ANYONE places a bid, it will reset the clock to either 20/15/10 seconds (all depending on the current bid price of the item).
2. PLEASE don't bid on a "High Ticket" item, i.e. a 55" LED TV, unless you are A.) Hoping to get lucky and you'll only use a few bids or B.) Actually plan on buying a TV similar to or exactly like the TV up for bid, and are willing to pay full retail price for the item.

Case and point for the above reason:

I wanted a 12" Boston Acoustics subwoofer for my home theater system, and I go on Quibids from time to time to see what type of items are currently on bid, and what will be on bid for the next few days. Typically I'm disappointed or well out of my price range, however, this last time that I checked, they had the exact item that I was looking for. So, since I now know that they have an item that I'm seriously interested in, I did my research on what it's retailing for at other sites/stores, and Quibids isn't too far off the price when it talks about your savings.

**BE AWARE, I'm fairly sure that they put the retail price at what the item first went on the market to be sold at**

Now with my research complete and feeling satisfied with paying full retail price if I had to, I went to Quibids ready to bid until I either won, or until my bid rebate reached the product's full price and then I'd just "Buy it Now". This is the most efficient way to use Quibids to your advantage if you don't have a lot of time to compile statistics and data charts (as some people have done). So, I bought a few bid packs at $60, put on the Bid-O-Matic, and put on my patience act. Plenty of bidders will come and go, but if you stick to it, keep firm to your item that you'd like instead of getting discouraged, this will increase your chances of winning the item for less than if you bought it at full retail price.

With that being said, people can and do get lucky at this site, but with any "gambling" application, the odds are stacked against you. Now I did end up winning the auction for the subwoofer, but I had to put up 244 bids to finally wear out the competition. Even with that many bids going toward just 1 item, I ended up saving $130 off the final retail price, and that includes all the bid packs purchased/final auction price/and shipping.

You can "win" at this site, and make Quibids work for you by getting great discounts on items that you were already planning to buy, or, you can get lucky (but the odds, again, are against you).

As other reviewers have mentioned, this site is a cash cow, and indeed if you do the math, it's raking in money hand over fist. However, it's not a scam, and you need to understand it before you lash out against it with such claims.

I'm personally for Quibids because even though I've been burned in the past by the site, I took the time to research it, study it, and understand how to make the system work to my advantage. I'd urge others to do the same if there's anything on that site that you'd actually consider buying, and wouldn't mind paying full retail price in the first place. If you have that mindset, I can almost guarantee you that you'll get more satisfaction out of this site than you're currently getting. You'll find that when you do win an auction and clear the bid for less than what you intended to pay, you'll be the happiest person in the world. On the flip side, if you don't win, you still can get the item that you want and buy it as if it was a normal day at the dept. store.

I look at the site as an opportunity to POSSIBLY get discounts on good items. Some people view it as a plague that steals your money. The difference between the groups? Know-how.

To sum this up, and to end this novel of a review, just do your research. This site is actually a good deal for both the site and the consumer if you know what you're doing. But if you're just hoping to win a big ticket item and pay next to nothing for it, dream on. You'd have a better chance of stealing the item from your local Wal-Mart

About QuiBids
Specialties & Business Description
QuiBids is a penny auction site.