US Government's NSF

Tel: (405) 253-2038
domains@quibids.com

793 Reviews for QuiBids

Review Highlights

I won three $25 and one $50 gift cards for a total of $125 in value.

$.60 a bid and a whole mob of people trying to get stuff for cheap.

I am an unemployed analyst, so; a) that means I have time on my hands.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

8/11/11

Quibids is a defrauding, sinister scam.

For more information, see: http://scamadvocates.com/18-Quibids.html

8/9/11

. First of all, QuiBids.com require people to pay for the option to bid, but don't allow them to bid in increments of their choosing. This means that QuiBids is forcing the price up and profiting all the while.

On eBay, the seller and buyer have the auction monitored by the website, which is the trusted third party. On QuiBids.com, there is no trusted third party. QuiBids is the seller and the auctioneer. It works in their favor – and their favor only – to drive the price up in these small 1 or 2 cent increments.

QuiBids attempts to redeem themselves by offering you the "By It Now" option, which is when you can take the total amount of your failed bids and apply that toward the retail price of the item you were bidding on. Say you bid $80 total on an iPod Nano that cost $150. For the remaining $70, Quibids will sell you a Nano. Well, $70 plus tax, fees, and shipping and handling.

With the added "fees," tax, and S&H, that Nano will cost you more than it would at Apple, and usually much more than it would at a discounted retailer like Amazon.com or Target. In addition, QuiBids is not an approved retailer of Apple – or any major brand name – products.

This means that if you get the item from them, the manufacturer warranty is void – if it breaks within the first 60 days, you will not be able to get it repaired or exchanged. If you have a problem within the first 30 days, QuiBids will refund the final auction price you paid, but not a single dime of the bids it took to win the auction.

It's much better to stick to legitimate auction sites like eBay, instead of spending lots of frustrating time and effort on penny auction websites like QuiBids.com.

8/5/11

Don't bid using an iPad or iPhone. You'll be sorry. Even though I placed a bid before time had expired, the iPad I was using did not register the bid. Quibids will not reimburse you for these lost bids.

8/4/11

I go on a decent amount of penny auction sites from time to time but, I just don't like this one. Not only do I see comercials for it but they send me spam mail... it's annoying. There are too many people bidding on this site so if it is possible for someone to win items then good luck being the last bidder. One thing that I don't like is that they send you spam email...why? When you have comercials on tv; something seems shady there. Also, I like how they boast about being BBB (Better Business Bureau) approved or accredited. Most people believe the BBB to be government controlled or to actually have legal action or powers to take a business to court. They don't. In fact anyone can have an accredited approval rating from the BBB... you just have to pay them a fee and they aprove of you. In turn the BBB is a scam in its own right, it's sort of a mafia tactic only they don't come in your shop and destroy it when you don't pay, they just don't approve of your business or maybe even give you a bad review. My apologies, I kinda rambled on for a minute.

My theory, the site probably is legit if they are ballsy enough to advertise on tv, it's just there are too many people bidding on items to actually stand a chance.

8/4/11

Worst site I have ever used! For $60 I got ONE $10 walmart gift card and spent countless useless hours on that stupid site! HATE HATE HATE quibids!!!!! BAD stay away.

7/30/11

Be careful!!!! Its a total scam!!! want to get something go to ebay or better yet buy it in store and you gonna save money over buying it on quibids. The clocks are rigged. Who knows who wins this stuff, probably people from quibids. What a BS!!!!!!!!

7/27/11

its great... another good one i found is ibid4mc.com . customer service is great.. shipping is quick... its not too crowded.... you actually have a chance to win

7/22/11

I do get things on quibids but unfortunately if you just jump in and think you can get an i pad for 20.00 then you are going to be out of pocket, there are now so many people on the site that makes it harder to win anything for a decent price.
I was doing pretty well but then I got greedy and tried to win something big for next to nothing ended up losing a lot of bids but, I have won an ipad 2 xbox 360 kinnects and others which I have sold on ebay netting a tidy profit. I don't buy anything that doesn't have free bids with it if I can help it and I buy a lot of gift cards now they have gas cards. A few months ago I bought about 9 cards total cost including all bids purchased to buy them with $320.00 and I got $900.00 worth so that month it worked out, other months I don't save more than 5 or 10 dollars as for being suspicious over the same name bidding in auctions that you are looking at, well that's just stupid, if you're seeing the same name at more than one auction then you are also at the same auctions!! Lots of people buy here and sell on ebay or amazon so beware of anybody who has been on the site a long time they probably have free bids and can afford to throw them on an auction that you might be bidding on. If you don't get greedy and you can sit back and watch a while, then you might have a little fun and win something, if you're looking for a big tv for 100.00 keep your money , and look at something else. I haven't had a problem they have always been great with phone support and I have always gotten my things in a few days, like every thing else that involves a gamble there is a possibility of losing, if you don't want to lose then don't play the game.

7/14/11

This site is one of the worst sites I've ever come across. I've tried a couple other penny auctions and didn't have any problems but they didn't have things that I was interested in. I saw an ad for this site and its advertising and guarantees etc. on their website sign-up sounded good. So I signed up. I received five free bids and I use them to win more bids but was never able to win more than five bids and the other items if they had up for bid Were not items that I was interested in so I quit bidding for a while. After a few weeks I thought they might have more items available for auction but I couldn't for the life of me remember my old account in fact I had forgotten I had had account with them. So I opened up the account, a new account, and realized immediately that this was the same account there I have and I closed it within 15 minutes of opening it. Nowhere in the enrollment does it say they will charge your account $60 when you sign up. It does say it'll get they will give you five free bids if you sign up. Lo and behold they charged my account $60 without my authorization or knowledge until I saw to my bank account statement. I contacted customer service and was promised that my money would be refunded immediately. This was back in mid June since then I have been going around and around with customer service and they have lied to me, withdraw money from my account without authorization, sent me a notice that they refunded me the money in June but there is no record from my bank of them refunding the money. They keep giving me one excuse after another to verify my account. I can't believe it. Then to make matters worse I look at my bank statement today and they credited my account $60 and then on the same day took $60 out again even though I've had nothing to do with bidding on their site at all. Speaking to customer service is like talking to a wall. They are typical customer service representatives. They make all kinds of excuses blame it on everybody else Lie to you to you and then tell you yet contact some other department. Then this person disconnected me while we were chatting before the we were finished. I open the chat window again got different person iand told him what happened. Then he connected me with this person called Marshall and he denies that he disconnected me. Then he gave me the typical customer service runaround over and over again. I asked to speak with a supervisor and he said he was a supervisor. I worked for Microsoft customer service for about a year and I know the game he is playing. He was hoping I would believe that he was a supervisor and let it go at that. Supervisors in customer service don't answer regular calls only if there escalated and this wasn't an escalated call so I know he was filling me with BS. Stay away from this site unless you want to lose your money. If you have money to throw away I'll give you my e-mail address and send it to me. I am a retired disabled Army veteran who served 28 years in the Army and that money that they took out of my account without authorization may not seem like a lot to some people but to someone Living on retirement and disability it is a lot of money. This site is a typical penny auction scam just like the rest of them. Why the Justice Department or Who ever Is in control of these things doesn't go after them I don't know. If you look them up on the Internet you'll find thousands of complaints. You'd think the government would go after them. These sites must be paying somebody off Somebody so that they won't be investigated. Again take my advice STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE as if going to it would give you Ebola. I am going to try everything in my power to get my money back. I am fortunate that I have a brother who is a experience attorney in this type of legal actions has been one for about 20 yearsSo I am going to talk to him and see if There is anything legally I can do. (Forgive the mistakes in my comments here but due to my disability I have to use speech recognition software and it's not very good yet but supposedly the more I use it the better it will get.)

7/4/11

I have been bidding on Quibids for a couple of weeks. If you don't know what you're doing, you will definitely just throw money away. However, if you learn how to bid, you can win and save money. I've been racking up gift cards to spend on back to school expenses (I'm a teacher,) and have done very well. So far, I have $175-- for a dept stores for which I paid appx. $22.00, and $50- at staples for which I paid $4.06. Also, I have a $25- restaurant card which cost $2.04. These prices include the bids and a $1.99 s&h charge for each card. Now that I know how to win, I can bid on the larger gift cards and win. What people have not told you is that with certain items, such as gift cards, you win additional bids. My first $60-- went fast, but now that I know the scheme, I don't have to buy bids. I've also bought (won) a Cuisinart Bread Machine, a toaster oven, 2 sets of 4 Tervis glasses, a bedside iPod speaker system, and a teaching electronic globe, all for very low prices. Mentally, I spread the original $60- among all of my wins. Over time, so far, that's an extra $4- per iten won. Not bad. MY BIGGEST PROBLEM with Quibids is that they entice you with iPad2s when you first join and don't know how to win, and then once you learn, they parade a bunch of garbage for you to bid on. I'm literally given Legos and George Foreman Grills as choices. If I did not want gift cards, I would no longer be on the site. The customer service absolutely sucks! By the way, I taught my Mom how to bid and she is winning without throwing away her original 60 bids. There is definitely a learning curve.

6/24/11

I was very cautious about joining quibids at first but this is my experience:

I purchased 100 bids like I had to and found a deal online for 10 extra bids. Once I got my bids i put 2 on 15 more bids and won some more. The next thing I bid on was a 15 dollar gift card from walmart/lowes/home depot plus another 25 bids. After winning after only 5 bids on the gift card i figured I'd bid on something big. After losing about 30 bids I finally realized that I couldn't win anything big so I decided to go for something small like another gift card. After only 7 bids I got a 50$ gift card and another 20 bids. I plan on selling the gift cards and making about 50 bucks back in cash for the gift cards and I still have another 100+ bids. So far so good if I can keep getting my bids back and some small prizes.

6/23/11

If you are a better bidder then Quibids penalizes you by reducing the number of available auctions to you without notice. You and all of the other savvy bidders are basically lumped into the same auction pool which will dramatically reduce your odds of winning.

Here you have it direct from Quibids The response given when I questioned their bait and switch tactics. I wonder how this customer service rep rationalizes this type of answer and sleeps at night.

Chase, Jun-22 09:38 am (CDT):
Hi

Based on feedback from our customers, we have found that customers typically don't want to see an increase in their competition as QuiBids' popularity continues to grow. QuiBids attempts to limit some auctions to participants of comparable skill, as determined by QuiBids, to enhance user experience and maintain a viable business model. In so doing, QuiBids may limit which auctions are available to particular users based on any factors deemed appropriate by QuiBids in its sole discretion, including experience of the user, historical success of the user, demographic factors, prior bidding and spending activity, and other factors. In particular, QuiBids may limit certain auctions to less experienced or successful users in any manner QuiBids deems appropriate to optimize the overall user experience of all QuiBids users. You acknowledge that You may be, and You consent to being, excluded from auctions at QuiBids discretion.
Our number one goal is to maintain a great user experience for all customers, along with balancing heavy strain on our servers. If the product you want is currently not showing, please continue to check back as new and exciting products will be added frequently!

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance, and have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

Chase
QuiBids Customer Support

6/22/11

It's amazing that people keep using Quibids. I wonder if people realize they are going to lose money and just don't care, or if Quibids is duping everyone. I wouldn't spend a dollar here.

6/20/11

Got lured in and bought bids, bid and won 3 items the first day, which is the limit.. Excited to bid again but thought should wait to make sure I received the items???? well received one, the other two "who knows if I will ever receive",,, it has been over 30 business days and have made numerous phone calls, live chat as well as emails. Quibids customer service answers by opening a claim with the shipping department...? Unacceptable for sure.. If I had spent more than the 60 dollars to set up I would sue... But not worth it.. I recently requested the account be closed and refund of the unused bids I have... Well see how that works since it has been 5 days since I requested that.. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE.

6/19/11

Whoever came up with Idea (website) is genius. I saw a Samsung 55" 240hz 3D LED HDTV going and still going (not ended yet) for $120 and probably will sell (auction) for around $250 or more. Now let see each bid is worth $0.60 and times that 25000 it is going to make them (site owner) $15000.00. Original T.V cost 2500.00 a profit of $12500.00 now that is making money thanks to lot of dumb people like us.

6/17/11

My Quibids review after having tried their site after seeing the commercial I have to tell people to stay away if you do not want to lose a $100.00 and get nothing in return for it then just stay away. Their commercial promises you a good deal saying you can get a $2,000.00 TV for $123.90 what they don't tell you right away is that each penny ($0.01) cost sixty cents ($0.60) this means that this TV will cost $7434.00 in the end and you can only bid in penny increments. Now to be honest this doesn't mean that you would had made all those bids, but you could make only $1000.00 worth in bids and still walk away with nothing, also those bids you pay for you know in bulk so they really cost $60.00 upfront expire. Also about shills and bots I can not tell you for certainty that Quibids uses those but when you look at the bidding that goes on you have to wonder why someone would pay $500.00 (paid bids not voucher bids) worth in bids for a monitor that you could get at newegg, tigerdirect, amazon or even ebay for $150.00. Now if you don't want that previous mentioned $1,000.00 in bids to mean nothing you could use their buy it now, this buy it now feature is another screw you move by them, they will allow you to use your $1,000.00 in bids towards the item, but they will not mention that the same item might had only really costed at any other website a $1,000.00 to begin with (to be fair no store I know of actually tells you their competitors price, but they also don't expect you to spend money and end up with nothing), yes they inflate their value price.

So in the end I will do you a favor, my advice is that nothing in life is free and there is no way you will get that $2,000.00 TV for pennies, do your friends a favor too if they think about getting on to Quibids tell them what I have told you "stay away from schemes like this one".

6/16/11

This site decieves you. It flashes the price in your face to lure you in but hides the real "cost". What I mean by that?
First, don't think of yourself and think about how the website makes money. How they make money letting go a plasma TV for $43.35? Simple, obviously it is in the bids.
They say the real price of the plasma TV is $1600 then show the bidding price at $43.16. That is soo misleading of how money is being spent on the Bidding price.
Each bid last time I checked cost 60 cents and everytime someone uses a bid the price of the item goes up 1 cent. So if you see the bidding price of a TV at 43.16 that means that 4316 bids were spent on it. 4316 times 60 cents =$2589 goes to the website making a profit of about a thousand dollars. Now apply that to everything they auction on quibids.

That means the website is MAKING BANK. That also means it take a lot of losers to produce a winner. When you finally... finally do win something, you have to pay the bidding price and an expensive delivery system.

They show you the price, but not the cost. Cost is the bids you spent, bids you lossed on everything else you bid on, the price you do pay when you win, the time spent(hours on expensive items), and adopting a gambling habit that makes you lose anything you have won in the pass. Also everything you neglected to attend to the bidding(even though thier is an automatic bidding option). Cost is great. Its addictive.

So therefore, if you want to keep your life and your money.... stay away from the site.

I like math and I will tell you... it saved me big time from sites like these among other things in life.( You don't have to be a math major to figure it out, but liking math helped me spot the issue in the first place)-to put some weight on my review, I have my own website www.hamptonroadsmathtutor.com

6/14/11

I've been playing on quibids about a week or so, One of my complaints about the site is when someone wins I feel there not putting what it really cost that person to win, you see thy don't count voucher bids as bids for the final price like thy do real bids, the reason I mention this is because if you bid on a $100 voucher in lose then decide to use the buy it now, you use real money but it's not counted as real money when you bid on something, that is really misleading.

6/14/11

Folks....you need to understand how Quibids and other sites like them actually work. The auction can go on for hours and hours and hours. Only the strong survive, If you stop and do the math and see what Quibids is receiving for the $27 ipad they just sold you and you will see what a money making machine this is for them and what a drain it is on your time and well-being. Stay away....its worse than gambling

6/13/11

I recently went into this site to see what all the hype was about. As with alot of the other reviews I do feel they use bidbots or whatever. BUT, if you just go in and observe the auctions for awhile. You will get an idea of what alot of the iteams go for. That way you use minimum bids AND still get the items for a reasonable price. If you go in headstrong,naturally your going to lose your A** on the bigger items. Also, the site does offer some helpful hints if you just take the time to look at all aspects. My advice.... as with anything, don't just rush in and start bidding. OBSERVE...OBSERVE.... Before you do anything. And yes I have spent some money on buying bids. BUT, with what I've won in auctions I'm still ahead of the game.

6/6/11

I don't recommend this site. Surely there's a better way for EVERYONE out there to spend their time rather than hitting "bid" to increase your bid by a PENNY. Auctions that should be about to end (10 seconds or less may be showing), will endure for HOURS longer because new people will come in and bid a penny more. The biggest scam of it all - each penny bid costs the consumer an additional 60 cents because you have to pay for each bid you place, plus if you win (which you WON'T - don't be shocked), you pay the purchase price as well. The QuiBid owners are loving the stupidity of the internet penny auction consumer! I'm sad to say I was one - for about a week. Lesson learned. Never again. I'll shop for sales, but not for miracle pricing.

5/30/11

DANGER! DANGER! Unless you are a hopeless, compulsive gambler who loves to throw away money, avoid this site. It lures you in by saying you can get, say, a $499 iPad for less than $40. Now, here's the carth, you "Buy" bid packages. Each bid costs 60 cents. You bid on most auctions in increments of one cent. In other words, when the bid goes up by a cent, if you bid on that auction, you've just spent 60 cents. The odds are ALL on the side of Quibids.com. Not to mention, that you can actually spends HOURS bidding on one item. AND (fanfare) when the auction is over, it really isn't. When it gets down to the last 10 seconds, as long as people keep bidding, the auction can go on indefinitely. It's like playing a slot machine—you just KNOW as soon as you leave, someone else will hit the jackpot. So they suck you in, and you lose anyway. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND HARD-EARNED MONEY ON THIS SITE (especially in this economy!) If you happen to win the auction, you pay the price at which the auction ended PLUS all those little 60 cent "bids" you posted. If looks too good to be true, it IS!

5/29/11

This site is a HUGE SCAM from the start they will not ask but, will immediately steal $60.00 without asking for approval for the transaction. Then they will do everything they can to not refund the money. If the same thing happens to you have your bank stop the transaction. I would NOT recommend this site to anyone

5/29/11

of course it is a scam. here is the catch: bid-o-matic and fake accounts will bid the price up along with real bidders over cost and a bit of profit for them. in other words, you have a ipad. half of the bids are their in house and the other half are real people, but their in house bid system will not let the auction close until they have a profit. so if a ipad sells for $100, 40-$50 is from reals meaning they've collected 2400-3000$ in 60 cent bids from people for a 699$ product. not a bad day for quibids. so of course someone can win, so long as others pay for the item. you have to time the auction at end. the scam is the fake bid-o-matic and dummy accounts. that should be illegal. i watched several auctions close for $10 gift cards. the minute i played a bid for one, all of a sudden a bid pops up. i bid .60 again than that bid again. no way you walk off with the time for .60. there are items like costome jewelry you can win with 1 bid but they charge $7 for shipping. and the item is a china knockoff for .99$. they still made a profit. i'm sure they work a couple of items in their budget to give away without the b-o-matic and fake accts working against you to make it look. just save your money, and buy what you want, or time an auction just right after everyone else has paid for the item and you might win.

5/21/11

This is a SCAM. People, you do not have to study statistics or do data analysis to know that this is a scam. 100 bids for $60. You can bid all 100 bids on an item and not win it and lose your $60. The majority of items sell for over a dollar which tells you that most items are selling for $60 or more. In the case of a computer that recently sold for $58.89 that was 5,889 bids equaling $3533.40. That pc was worth in the market $1200. It barely seems logical that anyone would even bid for this. BUT I TELL YOU THIS......IF YOU LIKE GAMBLING, this is your site, BUT NOT YOUR BEST CHOICE!

5/21/11

Bah, Quibids cost me $100. I was foolish enough to click on one of their ads. I can't believe Google lets them advertise but I suppose Google is just out to make a lot of money like everyone else.

5/15/11

This site is a carney trick. There system is bidding against you.
A few customers will win but most will sadly loose. Use the buy it now option, after running out of bids. The site also gets a percentage of the sale item. So check the internet to see if you can get it cheaper else wear, before you decide to try quibids.com. I ended up buying two $200 dollar gift cards, for $200 dollars each after the adjustment, and eating up an equal amount of bids, The first ran the bid up to 25.50+ , I stopped bidding, and someone won. The second ran the bid up to over 37.00+ , I stopped bidding, and someone won. Got two gift cards coming, I will not play the carney trick again.

5/10/11

The site is for people to have fun. I have won a lot of items knowing that I might not win every item I try to win. If you think your going to win every item for a few cents don't wast your money you won't. If you are going to buy the item retail anyway and you have the time which can take awhile then go ahead have some fun you might even get a great deal.

I think most people get mad because they couldn't control themselves and kept trying to win something for close to nothing jumping from item to item and before they knew it the had bought a lot of bids and lost a lot of money.

So have fun but be responsible for you own actions. Don't do things for entertainment that cost money if you don't have it to spend.

5/9/11

Here's my question to everyone who says this is rigged: why would they need to? Why would they risk all the money they are making by using bots? Given enough suckers, the business model will make boatloads of cash without any cheating. People bid on stuff and spend way more than its worth, simple as that. Same reason vegas casinos don't cheat.. they don't need to and they would hate to mess up a good thing.

5/9/11

One would have to look at the total marketing strategy of "quibids.com". There are some winners, only to keep this site legit. It is in my opinion a con, plain and simple. Buyer beware!

5/6/11

Argh, Quibids why have you done this to me. I'm going to admit it was my own fault for not having read these reviews first. But still, Quibids is not a company that makes the world a better place. It's a company that gets people to do stupid things, and makes money off of that.

5/6/11

Intelligence, patience, and restraint are key when using this site. If you go after big ticket items, you are going to waste $300 before realizing you have nothing to show for it, but in my case, researched how items sold, and at what times, for what price. I bought the $60 bid package of 100 bids. After 1 weeks I am out of bids, but I have $160 worth of home depot gift cards and a $130 pair of Oakley sunglasses. $290 worth of merchandise for $86 (after shipping and processing fees)? I'll take that deal all day long...

5/4/11

It's not a scam... but it can feel like one if you don't know what you're doing. You can loose money if you're bidding on something that you plan to purchase anyway.... you're just taking a shot at a better deal. If I want a laptop and know I'm going to buy it no matter what and I lose the betting.... then I can buy it off the site anyway and get all the money I bet with credited towards my purchase.

BE SMART people. If you're not good at math and you think everything comes easy to you then don't go to this site. You'll just end up feeling and looking like an ass hole.

5/3/11

I watch an auction for over 3 hours it was for an Apple 13" notebook. The auction got up to $132.71 then with 4 seconds left on the clock it all of af sudden shutdown with :SOLD" written over the picture of the product. The bid was won by saveyourbid5,it was set to bid automatically. And they had been betting regularly for the last 2 hours of the suction. It really pissed me off that it closed with 4 seconds left on the clock. Yes it is a total scam site.

5/3/11

I am a first time quidbid user. I pad 60 bucks for first 100 bids. I then start bidding on small Items like earings that comes with 15 to 25 bid voucher. I won 3 times for the first day but each item cost me 6-7 buck shipping and handling. The second days I won 2 times for an alarm clock and Wii kid just dance game. I start bidding on bigger Item and I lost all my bids to 0. I told myself to stop and calculate what I have won compare to what I have spent, at the end I figure if I go to other site and purchase all that item that I have won from quidbid I would pay about 80% of what I spent on them, it mean 20% of what I spent was for fun. With that being said, I would say no matter what you do quidbids will always win. Unless you have time and money to invest in the big item you might have a chance to win big and at the same time have a chance to lose big. I am done with it.

5/3/11

I don't feel quibids is a scam, however I do feel this is gambling. Anyone that plays this game needs to be very careful with how they use their bids. honestly those that go after the cameras and TV's as a new player that don't have a few thousand bids to play with is not playing very smart and betting way over their heads. Unfortunatly I think those people are in the majority.

Like any sucessful gambler, you MUST educate yourself and practice before stepping up to the table. You need to recoginze a sucker bet!

First before buying in, I read ALL the advise on their site and elsewhere on the net and gave it a lot of THOUGHT. I then bought in for $60.00. (100 bids) Then on the first two days, after watching bids for many hours to find the technique people use, I bid only on credit vouchers and built my "bankrole" to about 300 bids. Now I'm playing with house money.

After building my bank roll, I then bid on smaller items such as gift cards but only those that have vouchers attached. As an example: a $15 gift card from Walmart plus 20 bids. I bid only once i felt the auctions was getting close to ending (seeing earlier bidders dropping out) I set a limit to how many bids I was willing to spend and never went over. (thinking "just one more and I might win" is foolish gambling) As I gained more "free" bids I was able to move up to higher valued items like $25.00 gift cards but cost me more of my bids.

So I bought in for $60.00, over the last two weeks and about 10 hours of "playing" in addition to the bid vouchers I won, I also won 4 - $15.00 gift cards, 2 - $25.00 gift cards. The cost of the amount bid and the shipping and handling cost me about $10.00. So I'm ahead about $40.00.

Some general thoughts:
I watch individual auctions very carefully before bidding. You can usually tell those that have huge amounts of bids in their pockets. Those that have deep pockets control the game. I don't participate in these bids. Most times they are the Bidomatics.

I rarely bid when an auction has a bidomatic. If you do play these auctions you need to track the number of bids each individual player uses so you can estimate when they will stop bidding. That's when you start bidding. It's like counting cards in a casino. While your bidding and someone joins that appears to have deep pockets, stop and wait to see if they will drop out.

To be sucessful you need to have lots of time on your hands and tons of patience

Once I've exhausted my bids, I WILL NOT spend any more money for bids. Quibids isn't fun to me but I gave it a try. The stuff they auction (except for gift cards) are near imposible for the average person to win and isn't stuff I really want or need.

Look at how long the bidders in an auction have been members. You don't want to bid against vets. They probably have deep pockets and will bid up just for the sake of beating you. You want to bid agaist the newbees. They don't have an endless supply of bids and they tend to bid with their gutt rather than their brains. (sorry, not ment to offend anyone)

The house always wins! You can get your small share but do not expect to win big.

Waiting until 1 second to place your bids doesn't always do you well. Sometimes consistantly bidding with 10 seconds sends a message to the other bidders that you are serious about winning an item.

Read the earlier post from the unemployed analist. A big part of this game is about the math. Probability and statistics. (gambling 101)

Quibids is not a scam but they are modeled to take advantage of uninformed members. They guys are making tons of money every hour. However like any business, that what your supposed to do....make money.

5/2/11

How can I unsubscribe from this annoying web site? if you click their unsubscribe link it doesn't find anything. Help

5/2/11

it is a site you have to learn how to play.1st if you spend $50 and wi nothing you are not fit to play at quibids,it is Patience that gets you wins .stay on 1 item do not just jump around.try to win a gift card,$25 no bids ,the most it cost you is $27 if you don't win use buy it.
2nd only bid on things you are wiling to pay full price for ,don't bid on a ipad with 50 bids you will get run over.quibids Probably calls them profit.
3rd some people are good at winning Vouchers ,so they use a lot of bids .afterwhile you know your playing a Voucher player ,who cares make pay2x the cost of the item.he sees you again he will leave,players fear other players by how they play.build a rep. p.s. ebay is crap ,it was great 12 to 14 years ago,their leadership killed it.

5/1/11

i checked out quibids.com site without registering my email but they still managed to send me an email

4/28/11

Quibids.com is a company that should be seriously investigated. There is so much double talk and misleading information in the fine print of their site it would leave a seasoned attorney confused. First of all they want you to purchase "Bids" at $.60 a piece then they classify them as either "Voucher" or "Real Bids". The problem is you do not get a choice on which ones you are using. Consumer beware of this "Too good to be true" website. I assure you it is not what it seems. They claim on their website "If you don't win the auction, you never have to go away empty handed. Any time after you've placed your first bid in an auction, you can choose to buy the product for a discount using the Buy Now feature. This will help limit your losses so you don't have to leave all your bids on the table". This could not be farther from the truth. As mentioned above you don't get a choice on how your bids are classified. So when it comes time to purchase the item you did not win, guess what? Those vouchers do not apply to this purchase. Please do yourself a favor and stay very clear from this site or you and your money will be separating quickly. I do not see how the practices of this company are not considered outright criminal.
J

4/26/11

As stated in many other reviews the price an item sells for is actually 60 times what they say it sold for because each penny bid cost someone 60 cents... Also the timers are very inaccurate most of the time and I personally have seen certain people bidding against me get an extra 3 seconds on a bid after my timer said it was over.??
Mostly this site is either a0 Visited by morons who don't mind paying three to four times what they could get it for anywhere else or b) I think they have people who enter random auctions with unlimited bids who's main purpose is to get others to keep bidding. Crazy? Maybe , but is it worth the chance? In response to my queries, they said they lose money on around 50% of all the bids! No way... These people are buying the same bull they are handing out to others. Tonite I was involved in a $100 item that when done brought in $400+ dollars...
Beware! I am from now on.

4/26/11

Horrible....they lure you in with "free" bids which in fact are not. They have your ccard info and charge it whether you win or not. My free bids were in fact charged to my account. What I thought I was using was the free bids to check it out. I didn't bid after they were used, which I didn't win anything for they have this rigged clock thing going on. Don't waste your time or your money here......BAD NEWS!!!

4/23/11

Bait and Switch... So, I love how they tell you that you can get a Ford mustang for $45, but not that you pay $45 for your winning bid + the 20,000 bids which cost 60 cents each. You CAN get a deal on this website, but its impossible to know how much you will have to spend on an item since you pay for every bids and there can easily be hundreds and thousands of bids per item. In the end you can end up paying more for the item due to the bid system. not worth the risk.

4/20/11

This site is bait and switch they claim they save you money on new items but they charge you $.60 for each bid. Boy wish I would have know this before I tried the site and the should disclose it on the TV ad that you have to pay for every bid you make. I am sure the Department of commerce and FCC should look at this site closely to see how they are cheating everyone. You have 50 people biding $.61 at a time on an item so in reality they are profiting on everyone and make more than the item is worth. I ll go to Best Buy and pay retail or open box item price. At least they will give you complete customer service instead of citing did you read the fine print completely so screw you we have your money just go away unhappy. I tried talking to customer service and disputing the charge on my card the next step is the department of agriculture.

4/17/11

Why do people seem to have a problem with the company saving 1 person money and making a boatload on the side? (on specific items, they lose plenty of money on others that sell for pennies (gift card that sells on 1st bid and it's worth $20 cost them $19.40, $100 card that comes in at $0.60 (60 bids at $0.60 each) costs them $74.00). It is gambling, yes...I can see that you can do the math so I know that you are well aware of the brilliance behind the idea. If you have children that sell raffle tickets for items sold through the school or attend a church raffle and they sell tickets for an item to be raffled...you are contributing to the same idea...and it's through the schools or your CHURCH!!! LMAO! U buy a ticket for $20 for a CHANCE to win a (widget, item is irrelivent, only value) or you buy 5 tickets for "A" (5 chances but still only 1 winner) chance to win a $1000 item. U think to yourself "man, $20...even $100 is so worth the "chance" to win this thing." LOL! well, if your child has 25 kids in their class and the average amount of tickets sold per child is 10 (10x$20=$200 per child...x25 children=$5000...for a SUGGESTED retail priced item of $1000) U guys just don't make any sense...use ur heads! BTW they don't pay taxes on the pennies they charged u for the item...they pay taxes on the $1,000,000's of profit they make AND the pennies on the dollar for sales tax. I can see it as more of a way to cut out the sales tax within a consumer goods operation. They are not screwing you...they are screwing the government! LMAO! I don't disagree that having bots, unclarified "processing" fees and other suspicious web quirks but the business model is brilliant in more ways than one. I'm no thief nor do I subscribe to ripping off the little guy but I hate to say it...people have to be responsible for their "OWN" decisions. When U go to Vegas, I'll bet you don't try and sue the casino because you didn't win the $110,000 Doge Viper on the first $100 you pumped into that slot you were playing? Did you? It's not necessarily too good to be true...it's just not likely that you will be the one that it's good for! Lottery people....someone's gotta win but sooooo many lose just to make it worth it. I just hate to see people feeling that they had been slighted, not everyone can win, it's all chance.

4/17/11

I signed up on quibids when I realized how it worked I never went back I recieved e-mails from them dated 4/9/11 I just opened it to find out I bought bids I don't know how it happened but checked my bank account and sure enough $60- was charged. I just wrote an E-MAIL because there isn't any phone# to call so I hopefully will get my money back I'm an E BAYER myself but I did ask to have someone call me.I'll see what happens next

4/15/11

Do not get lured into this site. It's rigged. I know I clicked before the 1 second was up three times, however the site said "I was too late and the bid ended." At first I thought, ok maybe this only happens on the large ticket items, but I was wrong, this notice came up two times for the $15 and $25 items. I know I was not late because I had won 3 items previously.

On my first day, I observed for a couple of hours before I started bidding. I did win three items on day one, however, they were all priced under the amount I paid for the bids. Cost of bids minus the amounts I earned equaled a $15.00 loss. I will not buy any more bids.

I tried various hours, various strategies. Do not get lured into this site.

4/14/11

This site is not for the faint of heart. Yes there is risk but do your research and for gods sake have some common sense(and an IQ greater than that of a potato lol) just kidding be dumb with your bids I need a new big screan for my PS3 I won for under a $100 dollars shipped to my door as welas many other things after all ITS AN AUCTION DUHHH

4/14/11

They are a bunch of crooks. You buy the bids, then you are biding on they item, The biding never ends. Then when you bid like I do, when there are 2 seconds left...the biding ends, and it tells you your bid is too late. I was biding on the 2 second mark all during the biding, and it worked fine. I asked customer service if there was a time limit, and they said no. I spent 127.00 to get a 25.00 gift card. DO NOT WASTE YOU HARD EARNED MONEY ON THIS SITE!

EXPERT
4/14/11

I saw a puff-piece about quibids on some morning show. Just trolling around, I went to the site and thought it was the greatest thing since sliced-bread. Imagine, thousands of people worldwide, plopped down at the same time trying to win something neat for a penny.

I don't like to gamble. Nothing against it, just don't find it appealing at all. But this Penny Auction thing seemed somehow different. I didn't research penny auctions, I just dove right in a learned as I went along.

Started with an introductory bid pack (60, I think). First, you are considered a beginner and are forced to bid in auctions with other newbies for low-value items (gift cards and bid packs). It is pretty easy to win, then you graduate to the big time. The world of IPADs and IPODs. Some Penny Auction sites highlight designer fashion accessories but quibids mainly lures you with electronics.

In with the big boys now, I still kept my bidding to modest items. I found it harder and harder to win. I did manage to accumulate 3 wins on the first day and was banned for 24 hours (this is to give others the opportunity to win, they say).

I took my time in purgatory to read through the sites policies, practices, and strategy guide. Man was I hooked. I had won more than what I spent and was banned for winning too much. All I did win, however, was a couple Walmart gift cards, a Staples gift card and some bid packs.

I came back (after my suspension for being too good) with a new sense of purpose: To win IPADs, IPHONES and other high-priced electronic stuff for which I have no use. I tried autobidder, single bids and combination of both. I spent at least 5 hours bidding, waiting, and analyzing other peoples bidding habits on one stupid IPOD.

When the bidding was over and the smoke cleared, I had lost $150 and felt as if I had been beaten with a club. Defiled. Wounded. Stupid. Then, I put my pants back on and Googled "quibids scam" and found SJ and never went back.

GOOD:

- Within 10 days I received my gift cards. I believe that you will receive what you win.
- Their website is well organized and responsive. Timers seem to work well.

BAD:

- The later it gets in the evening (or early morning hours) the fewer items of significant value are auctioned.
- Bidding practices I observed don't make sense and make me wonder if, at times, Quibids uses Bots.
- I notice that some auctions disappear. I have heard of this phenomena at QuiBids and other auction sites as well.

OVERALL IMPRESSION

I believe that, at times, Quibids uses Bots. And for that reason, I believe it is a Scam. QuiBids allows the interaction of Bidfellow software (bidfellow.com). Bidfellow is a 3rd party software program that gives someone the ability to create their own Bot (autobot) giving them a distinct advantage in the bidding process.

But if you are a Penny Auction fan, QuiBids is probably one of the most reputable sites. Having read reviews of many penny auction sites here, pennyauctionwatch.com and bestpennyauctionwebsites.com I have concluded the QuiBids is better than most.

VERDICT

I recommend it for anyone who is going to play penny auctions (dead set on it). You are safer here than at a lot of other sites.

I don't recommend penny auction sites in general, though. There is too much fraud and not enough over-site.

The Best Penny Auction Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber