US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

lloydm

This "person" could have bought this item using "Buy Now" at least 5-6 times over. (in 416 reviews)

jabbah

THAT MONEY IS NOT PROFIT BECAUSE THEY ARE CREDITING IT ALL BACK TO PURCHASING THE PRODUCT. (in 368 reviews)

ronm45

I, too, paid $60 for the original 100 bids and won $75 in gift cards and won a kitchen appliance valued at over $120. (in 60 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

maryw16
3/5/12

I personally think that this site is a awful expeirience for everyone looking for a quick and easy way to get the newest technology!!!! In order to bid on this site, you must first PAY for credits, and one credit equals, one penny. You can buy 45 credits for $25. thats means that a credit equals about 50 cents. I tryed buying a gift card and won the prize, but they told me i had to pay $10.00 for s+h. The card was $15, and i ended up paying a total of $23.00!! I do not recomend anyone to this site!!! STAY AWAY!!!

llllg
3/1/12

Can't cancel or get a support response, just keeps taking your money while the same scam bidders show up at .01 cents conveniently, we have been watching this site and can not trace the official buyers of most items, there are approx 1200 ppl working on bringing this site down and they still will not respond to a cancellation request, we have photo and video support of this, also quotes from an employee base

bennyg
3/1/12

I feel it is gambling!!!! I signed up because of the TV ads, thinking I will try to get a deal. I got caught up in wanting a $400 set of Home Surround Sound Speakers. That last 10 seconds of the Auction, lasted 2 and a half hours. I spent $330 and did not win the item. I did not use the "Buy Now" since they had taken me for enough money, already. Stay off this site, unless you like to gamble. I feel like I visited a Casino. Good Luck!!!

billm19
2/22/12

I too like others here, have tried bidding a few times. What I found is what others have found that the counter, when it reaches 1 second, freezes, and then all of a sudden, several bids pop up and the counter resets to 15/10 seconds! My bid was registered, but there is no way to determine the exact time that it was. In contacting quibids, they blame 1)my computer (NOT) 2) my internet connection (why did the counter ONLY freeze at 1 second) 3) my connection speed (1gig... NOT).
I am convinced that they purposely stop the timer at one second... they say it is the "going... going... gone" method, so my question to them was... "what is the purpose of the timer then?"... I never got a reply...
STAY AWAY AND SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!!

mickh4
2/16/12

Just stay away.
Thats all i can say, every bit about the site is a scam,
And if there is a good review somewhere, they hold shares!

carolined1
2/8/12

I found that the bids last a very long time during the day and eve so $60.00 usually gets eaten up easily. It's not as is advertised. Whoever says they get gadgets for $25, eh? really?

sallyh9
2/4/12

I registered with Quibids in March 2011, and ultimately very disappointed. Over the last 4 months I bidded on high end computer laptops and on two separate occasions the Quibids system "paused" and the clock was NOT reset as per Quibids policy. I contacted Quibids and their response was that they went back and reviewed their records which showed that the clocks were reset. This did NOT occur and Quibids did not refund me any of the bids I had placed. I will NEVER use Quibids again! BEWARE!!!!

paulab6
1/31/12

BEWARE! I deactivated my account after I realized what a scam this is. I had 40 remaining bids, for which I asked a refund. But, NO REFUNDS! Whoever started this is a bazillionaire by now. A super rip-off!

catheriner4
1/31/12

Wish I could give it a 0. They don't tell you that your credit card will be charged $60 before you do anything. I immediately sent e-mail to cancel & they said I would get refund in 7 days but they got MY money as soon as I clicked send. Just waned to look at what they had & not impressed.

adalbertom
1/30/12

I was smart enough to get out after losing $28.00. What a scam!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!

lisam36
1/23/12

What a waste of time!! And not to mention the money you spend!!
I saw an ad that told me I'd save up to 90% on great new merchandise - that's a joke!!! Beware people ... You know the saying " if it looks too good to be true" etc. This is the perfect example! If I could, I would rate this site as a negative 5 stars! Consumers Beware!!

ambera3
1/18/12

Quibids is a sick, sick thing in which to get caught up. I got out recently. Eight months ago I recieved a promotional offer and signed up for 45 bids - the minimum. One night I decided to use those bids but when I submitted a bid I was informed the bids had expired; I contacted customer support and they did credit my account with the bids since they were "real" bids and not "voucher" bids. I'm in the market for a small TV so I decided to use my bids and possibly get a deal on a small TV; no matter the result I intended to close my account - I burned my bids without winning. NOW FOR THE SICK PART! I bid on a TV worth $369 dollars, which was about the right price for the TV. Quibids pockets $.60 for each and every bid. When I crapped out the cummulative bid amount (mine and others) $27.17, which is 2,717 bids * $.60 = $1630 for a $369 TV. So, the bidders collectively put five times the value of the TV in Quibids pocket. On top of this, the winner would pay the $27.17 + shipping. I can just imagine how many bidders with gambling problems participate in Quibids. I burned my bids, deactivated my account and I am so, so glad to be out. I wish I had never heard of Quibids.

tonys24
1/11/12

Terrible site. I lost each time I bid. Wasted my money. I can't believe Google lets Quibids advertise. I think Google ads are filled with scams and Google doesn't care one bit because they're making money.

hasanr
1/10/12

I bought 60 bids for £44, and I lost all of them. In addition I notice that the winer are only few people alwas for example (ipad1085 and wam73) . I think no one can win much than they lose.

michaelf25
1/1/12

I have spent a lot of money with quibids.com and have got some really good deals. I was very impressed at first. I won some auctions and the ones I did not win I used the Buy it now so I was way ahead. Then I started biding on the big ticket items an Ipad 2 had to buy it now a playstation total with bids 67.42 a xbox 169.78 a mac computer retails for 4200 for 212.15 with bid on this I spent just over 600.00 but then weeks go by and no items arrive I call in and they tell me over and over on each item that they had a problem with there supplier and was looking for a new one. After over a month later they are still looking and now I am demanding a refund of bids plus the buy it now price. Now they have to put in a request to there so called shipping department to make sure the item that they do not have a supplier for has not shipped the item. 1 week after this they say they are refunding my money including my bids. 2 weeks and 3 days later the all the money is back in my account. Meanwhile everyone that had bid on theses items that they did not even have are out of there money at least I got my money back but all the others were screwed from the first bid they put in on these items. Scam Scam Scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!

johnm106
12/21/11

My experience at Quibids.com has been half good/ half bad. I saw the advertisement on TV, and decided to give it a try. Sign up was easy, but I was not aware that I was spending $60 during the sign up until after my card had been charged. This shocked me, but the online reciept showed 100 bids plus 3 "free" bids, so I jumped straight in.
Not being familiar to penny auctions, I'm sure my inexperience was hilarious to anyone watching. I was avoiding the beginner auctions because there wasn't anything as exciting to bid on as the normal auctions, even though Quibids suggests to start in the beginner section. I was throwing my bids left and right on various high end items, and Quibids was giving me "badges" for doing different things (making your 100th bid, ect.), but within 15 minutes all my bids had been used. It was then I decided to actually read some of the training material that Quibids provides, and realized I had recieved free bids from the badges that I had earned (anywhere from 1 to 7 free bids per badge). I really like the whole badge idea, it makes it more entertaining. In anycase, after doing my training, taking a Quibids final assessment test, I was ready to dive back in. So I ordered the smallest bid package. Ordering bids, by the way, is only done by packages, the least amount of bids you can buy at any one time being 45 at .60 each. I'm sure this is to ensure Quibids makes their money.
Over the course of the next 4 or 5 hours, I tried different tactics, using their automatic bidder at opportune times, waiting till the timer reset was 15seconds or less, trying to concentrate on specific items. Quibids specifically states that the easiest items to win are gift cards. Low and behold one of my first wins was a $25 CVS card for .14 cents, plus a processing fee. In the end, I had spent $287 on buying bids, won the 5 items listed below, and ordered each item as I won them.
Slap Watch + 20 bids @ .05 plus $5.99 ship
Kalorik Waffle Maker @ .01 plus $9.99 ship
$25 CVS gift card @ .14 plus $1.99 ship
$25 Home Depot gift card @ .26 plus $1.99 ship
Apple IPad 2 16gb @ $4.57 plus $13.49 ship
$50 Target gift card @ $11.00 plus $1.99 ship

So, with the Ipad, I came out ahead, and I had a difficult time trying to win anything else afterwards. I have since recieved all the items within 7 days except the Ipad. I have sent 2 emails to customer service about the Ipad, and yet to recieve a response. What's the point in winning an auction if you don't recieve the items bid on? I'm giving them till Christmas, which will be 15 days since my order, after that, I'm contacting the FTC and the BBB, and hopefully this will get resolved.
Overall, I like Quibids, but I believe they have alot of work to do. The badge system is great, but so far the customer service sucks. They need to keep their customers advised better, especially when there is a concern. The bidding experience itself was fun, but I have no cause to go back since I have not recieved a response or my order. Like I said before, there is a learning curve on these type of auctions, and Quibids does a great job of letting that be known if the user takes the time to read their material. If my order does get resolved soon, I might go back.

cherylw5
12/20/11

Do not like the false advertising about FREE BIDS and getting merchandise for Pennies on the Dollar. They do not tell you up front that you have to BUY YOUR BIDS !!!! :o(

rom39
12/19/11

Stay away it costs me $60 to waste away bids, another $45 to continue to try to purchase, was offered a $100 coupon for $86.00 plus shipppng/handling. I'm out $105. with nothing. A total scam and rip off, stay away!

meganh1
12/5/11

Quibids has many horrible reviews and I looked them up before I decided to use quibids myself but since they had a A- rating on the BBB website I just figured the reviews were just a bunch of ranting and raving. I regret not listening to the reviews now, let me tell you why...At first I thought this site was cool. It cost $60 to sign up and you got some bids to start out. I actually won two auctions right off the bat that made the sign up worth while and got me excited about the site but then it quickly became a money pit. They do have cool stuff like ipads and xbox and other tablet pcs and cameras etc. but the chances of you winning are slim. You have to really focus on the item you want and be willing to spend more money on bids to stay in the game. It seems like a good deal if you can get an ipad for like $40 but if you spent that whole time bidding you have to account for the bids you had to buy to stay in the game. The cheapest bid bundle costs $27 for a tiny 45 bids. It doesn't go a long way when you want to win one of the larger prizes. So once you add up how much you paid on the actual item, what you spent on bids and then they add on shipping you may not be getting as great a deal as you thought. The only thing I found easy to win was the smaller stuff that no one really wanted like coffee makers or lame jewelry or purses. They do get you all excited when they tack on extra bids to some of the items but its usually just 20 bids. They do have bid voucher auctions where you can bid to win more bids but its all a gamble you could waste the rest of your bids trying to win more bids...lame. I will admit sometimes you can get lucky but it really is a gamble. You never know when someone new is going to jump into the auction at the last minute and run the price up some more and you could sit there for hours bidding and waste a bunch of money and time for nothing. Also I ran into some problems with my purchases. First off I ordered a $27 bundle of bids that I paid for but never got credited to my account so I just apparently gave them $27 for nothing. I contacted their customer service it took them three days to email me back and they told me that I was mistaken and that I got my bids. I emailed them back about it because I indeed did not get those bids and they never contacted me back. After that they blocked my account for "security reasons" and I could not access my account to pay for the auctions that I won so I lost my opportunity to pay for them as well as the bids/money I spent on them. Yet again I just gave them money for nothing. I emailed them several times to get the issue resolved so I could pay for my items but they just kept sending me meaningless emails telling me to follow directions in the previous emails. I tried calling their customer service because I followed the directions and still did not hear anything back from them. No one ever answered the phone at customer service and I tried calling several times as well. I waited on hold for ages and tried to be patient but my issues remain unresolved to this day. Yes, maybe some lucky people do well on quibids but I really have not had much luck. I did win a few auctions, I won a couple handbags for less than a dollar whoo, but once I tallied up what I spent on the bids I had to purchase to win those two purses and the money I wasted losing a few other auctions I realized that I might as well have just gone to the mall and bought the purses at retail value. This sight really only tricks you into thinking you are getting a great deal most of the time. Like I said sometimes people get lucky and only have to put in a couple bids but its not likely. Its just like going to the casino and sticking a coin into the slot machine. Maybe you win, likely you won't.

donv2
11/27/11

quibids if you learn to calculate your cost versus your gains can be a good site to use. BAD THINGS...if there system freezes while bidding you are done for..by the time you get back to the bidding site the auction will be over...this has happened to me twice. They also add quite the mark up on the items you are bidding for to make money. In one instance they are bidding a HP printer at 2.5 times the cost...be careful what you bid on as it may be alot cheaper buying it on line versus the buy now feature

sammyj3
11/20/11

Wow! How can this website still be in business? I order bids, and got nowhere. It was like throwing money in the trash. I should have came to sitejabber before I got scammed! STAY AWAY!

paolob
11/20/11

I signed up with this site after hearing about all the good deals and since Christmas is near figured why not save on gifts. After the initial sign up formalities they wanted me to buy a starter package for $60 plus tax, on my credit card. That made me weary so I did some research and quickly discovered that a lot of truths about actual costs to win bids are not accurate. So I immediately deactivated my account and intend to stay away from this site, you should too, save your time, your money, and sleep better.

maryelenc
11/15/11

I thought that I was a smat shopper until with glazed over eyes, I placed my last available bid. I closed out of the site and sat in a fog and $200 poorer. Oh this was not over a one day period because I kept going back thinking that I was missing something. I worked at getting voucher bids at auction so that I would have more bids to use. Now understand that a "real bid" you pay cash for and can be used if you loose an auction towards a "buy it now" feature. Voucher bids that you win at auction using "real bids", you cannot use towards a "buy it now" feature. So, in essence, you use real money and 'convert' it to vouchers. If you run out of bids and you want to continue, you buy some more "real bids". And the circle goes round.
Quibids is up-front about all their policies and are fairly open book but they have a super BIG hook for us sucker fish.
Oh yes for $200, I got a couple of $10 gift cards and converted my cash bids to vouchers and got some cool badges and electronic pats on the back but thank God for my Catholic up-bringing. I feel the guilt for being so stupid but I will dust myself off and pray for wisdom.

catt4
11/15/11

Beware! And be very very afraid of this get-nothing for you money site! This is a total rip off. The ads indicate that you are bidding one cent, that people pay $1.92 for iMac, or $2.37 for 50" TV - but the truth is each and every bid cost you sixty cents .60, if you loss you don't get it back. That's $6.00 for ten bids, $60.00 for one hundred bids. If you buy an item for $1.00 changes are you've spend the same or more on the value of that item, shipping and bidding on it and others.
Bottom Line - If you do the math on this you will see that Qui Bids is making a fortune on your inability to understand that each time you click the mouse it cost you .60.
The bid o'meter is just a quicker way for you to spend your money - 25 bids on the meter just cost you $15.00.

fairs
11/15/11

Having actively participated in Quibids for nearly 2 years, the past two weeks has revealed a markable elimination of what I would term "value" items. Historically Quibids had engaged multiple high value items (i.e laptops, desktops, $100 and $200 Gift Cards, $250 Travel Gift Cards, etc). Over the past couple of weeks of those specific items presented for auction, all but a few laptops & desktop computers may show up daily. All "value" Gift Cards ($100 to $250 denominations) have apparently been discontinued, in spite of the online guide of auction items still maintains the category but is absent of any listings. Having utilized the Quibids online contact platform to inquire as to if the value gift cards have been permanently discontinued, I was advised that the items were presently "out of stock".... . In as much as the "value" gift cards that I had previously won on the site (with the exception of the Air Travel gift cards) were shipped directly from the company that the gift card was applicable to, obviously renders that response from quibids false, or misleading at best. It is apparent that while Quibids has in the past offered what many would perceive as "value" auction items, the majority of presented gift card denominations are now from $15 to $50 denominations, which in the opinion of many are nothing more than "come on" auctions that present little if any value. To Quibids credit, there are still some "value" laptop, desktop, MP3, TV's, Dyson products, etc that are appealing, but due to the obvious reduction in frequency of many of the value items and the elimination of some tends to create a very "crowded" auction which inevitably tends to drive the ending price much higher - subsequently diminishing it's appeal. While only as a matter of opinion, Quibids made quite an initial splash in the online auction arena, but the recent changes in value items offered has clearly diminished and disappoints many loyal participants. t should be noted that the while the business
model may have changed, Quibids continues to be a safe site to visit, just lost the appeal that it once offered.

mjh
10/30/11

QuiBids is a scam, which promotes itself (on its website, through widespread internet advertising and emails) as providing an opportunity for consumers to win luxury items at CLASS ACTION significant discounts compared to retail stores and E-Bay, and it claims that winning bidders on QuiBids.com typically save 80%-95% compared to retail prices. In one e-mail promotion, QuiBids cites a customer winning a $20,000 Honda Civic automobile for $1,740.78 in a two-cent QuiBids auction. That price means QuiBids sold 87,039 bids which were used in that auction. At $0.60 per bid, QuiBids grossed $52,233.40 from the bids alone, an amount that dwarfs not only any savings realized by the winning bidder individually, but the retail cost of the car. This illustrates the critical difference between QuiBids and E-Bay – losing bidders on E-Bay do not pay anything.

Per the lawsuit against them, "If they want to operate their business like a lottery, then they need to tell people the truth about their chances of winning -- which are slim to none."

andrewt5
10/29/11

I won a $15 walmart gift card and 20 bids for 1 cent, it cost $2.60 in total(including shipping and bids) It only took 2 weeks to get to my house. I love this website

christinaf1
10/27/11

you pay 60 cents per bid on an item about 20 or more people bid on. it cost you per bid and it only increases 1 cents, so you can actually pay more on the bidding then the retail price without knowing it.. what a scam and a money maker for them. I also had to buy a minimum of 100 bids at $60 so i paid $60 to bid and purchase nothing because i was out bid. It is worse then putting your money in a slot machine !

garys18
10/26/11

Are you people F-ing serious. There are auctions all over the world and if
someone bids and someone out bids them you don't keep the previous bidders
money. Your operations needs to be shut down by the United States Federal
Government or the States Government for fraud. You have no right to keep my
money if I don't win a bid, where did you bastards come up with this "SCAM".
The entire country is hurting from pricks like you and this business of
yours isn't helping anything/anyone except your greedy pocket books.
Everyone in your organization should be ashamed of themselves for knowingly
cheating hard working American citizens out of their hard earned money when
they are just trying to make a good buy to help themselves or family
members. Who in their right mind could do this to our own citizens in good
faith and hope to live a guilt free life? Shame on all of you
A-Holes. I hope that all of you and your close family members (wife's,
children and senior family members, (mothers and fathers)) die from some
unknown and untreatable disease based on greed and hurting your fellow
Americans, shame on all of you F@ckers.

coryt
10/25/11

well i have read all the reveiws about quibids.com and my final thought on this site is its a very good scam i am glad i came here first !!!!!! stay away people if it sounds to good to be true then it probabaly is.

stephenm10
10/4/11

I was the ad on tv , looked neat. Check your site and what people were saying about IT. I really like the info that your reviewers had too say, thank all. Love the site keep up the good work. Sorry want to see if there one about poker stars or party poker that I can start or add too.

bernardy
9/28/11

This is just a money making website. Imagine @ 0.60 a bid and no ending because as long as there are bidders, bids continous. For big items led tv or iPads this will take forever because they control the bid @ 0.01 increments. If you bid 100X you are already out $60. If you did not win for example an iPad w/c cost $500 they will sell it toyou at retail price less $60.(bid) + S&H better get it from Apple Store. If there were 2000 bidders bid only once they already get $1.6K they already profited $1100. but there will be 10,000.00 bidders at least. To be fair there should be time limit for bids.

jb29
9/24/11

Answer me this, how is it that bid vouchers that are either tied to an auction win (item + 20 bids for example) or bid vouchers that are auctioned outright (25, 50, 100 ect bid packs) are, during the auction, valued at X amount of dollars, even to purchase with 'buy it now', but when you USE them, they don't count as any value towards a purchase of 'buy it now'. This is inconsistent and perhaps fraud. On the one hand, bid vouchers are 'valued' and cost to purchase, but their redemption value towards hard goods is zero?

Just another convenient way QuiBids takes advantage of people with their site.

brianl10
9/24/11

The business model for this site is a scam!!! You buy bids for $.60 each and once you use them you lose them. So if you make 30 bids on something you really like but don't get you are out $18, hmmm that is odd. So lets say they sell a Dyson Vac for $14, retail is $500, sure looks good on the surface. Digging deeper you see that a $14 win is 1,400 bids total at $.01 per bid for a total spent by all of $840. So even if the site bought the item at retail they still made $340... and we alll know they aren't paying retail. As for the people that bid 40 or 70 times trying to win... they spent $24 and $42 for just a hope of winning. Sounds more like a gambling site than a consumer site. THESE PEOPLE ARE GETTING RICH OFF OF PEOPLE WHO JUST WANT TO WIN AN ITEM AND GET A GREAT PRICE. The average person doesn't see the scam.... sad but true... they should be shut down.

rubyb1
9/20/11

I did not realize what this site was all about in regards to how you played and the expense to you. If I had won something worth while it might have been ok but all I won was more bid points to keep losing money on this site. They promote bidding wars by putting more time on after each bid so the bidding wars keep going...EBAY is so much better and cheaper to play on. If you are smart you will stay away from this site. It is mean. It cost me $70.00 to try and win something on this site. It cost you more to play than if you had actually won something...because items usually do go for good prices but as I said...poor sucker me... cost me $70.00 for nothing only two sets of more bid points which I had to pay for on top of the 67.00 i paid for in the beginning and I did not realize I was going to be charged this amount of money.....worst site I ever been on...be warned...

mh8
9/17/11

Ok, here's the thing--the website is actually a lot of fun. It's completely legit. I've won several items and they arrived within the week. It's not even the buying of the bids that bothers me. It is 60 cents a bid--but, since I knew it was my money everytime I bid, I was more careful. Plus, quibids has all kinds of rewards and gives you free bids. You earn bids for all kinds of things--signing up for their weekly e-mailed newsletter, winning your first auction, signing in every day for 39 days, and even free bids on your birthday. The thing about this site that bothers me is---the bidders. The bidders are completely nuts. If you're reading this, and this doesn't apply to you, then my apologies--but, most of the bidders are nuts. Sometimes you can spend hours watching an auction and you watch people get into bidding wars. Plus, I've done the math--and, people will bid more than what the product is worth. I watched someone bid over 25 times for a chance to win 25 bids. So, they were battling to win bids that they just wasted, still putting them in the hole. People will battle for an hour to win a $10 gift card, and spend over $10 to get. It's the craziest thing. And, that is why I will no longer waste my money on this site. Plus, I don't understand why the bidders don't let someone win once in awhile. There are auctions ending constantly, so why not let someone win the battle and then jump into another auction. I spent two hours today trying to win a gift card and the two people I was in a bidding war against had just won the exact same auction (you can win 3 auctions a day-and, it was the same prize they won that they were bidding on). I mean, seriously--you just won a $250 airline gift card and now you're trying to win another one and just cost me all of my bids. It's weird. Seriously, stay away. But, stay away, not because of quibids, because of the nutjobs on the site.

trendg
9/11/11

Feels and works like a scam !

They would not let you adjust bids while buying their own bids voucher. Even though the original bids were actually paid for - At 60 cents per bid.

And it is really hard to win anything.

Here is a shocker -
I bid on two different 50 bids voucher auctions, supposedly worth $30, and each (penny) auction went to $5.5+ ! That means, that auction was worth 550 bids X 0.60 = $330 for a $30 voucher for JUST Bids from quibids.com (not any real product or worth anything unless you win something) - This is 1000% more than the actual price for something that is NOT even a real product !!

If this is not scamming consumers, I don't know what else is.

They surely seem to making money. If auctions go to $20+, that is 2000 bids at 0.60 or $1200+. Seriously folks ! How many products (many without any warranty) are listed there worth $1200. And now imagine auctions going to $50 or $60. $50 is about $3,000.

wyatta
9/8/11

I basically read the terms and conditions quickly and took the bait about the site being better than ebay... I signed up and entered in credit card information same as when I signed up for ebay. Then literally seconds passed and an email appeared with a charge of 60.00 to my credit card. I knew immediately I had made a very bad decision and read CAREFULLY into the terms... Quibids charges ahead of time for a "bid pack" and when you log into the site and place a bid your name will appear for a moment, then quickly be replaced by another bid. It looks very much like a scam and is almost certainly making some group of investors extremely rich. I know I will never go back to the site and they can keep my 59.40 that I leave behind in disgust. Promptly cutting up my credit card and calling credit company to explain suspected fraudulent site has my credit card number... STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS!!

lorraineb1
9/4/11

SCAM!
I have no problem with the profit margin - they can make all the money they want to legitimately - HOWEVER, something smells - phew!
- 3 auctions in a row it was down to 2 bidders and my last bid was rejected "too late" with 2 second on the clock. First time, maybe a connection problem, second time suspicious, third time STINKY!
- EVERY auction I participated in seemed to be the most popular on the site. All around me $10 certificates were going for less than 25 cents, while 10 "people" were bidding multiple times and spending more than the value. Yes, Buy Now meant I didn't lose it all but when you add the service charge .........
Like I said, legit profit is one thing - this site is an entirely different thing.
BEWARE

t-k
9/1/11

First...I want to say...Site Jabber is really cute in their presentation. Im not a brown noser just stating facts...The review I would like to give is on the comments at quibids. I can see the fake comments that are written by the people who work for quibids...being a master at reading B.S. I was married for twenty years (my credentials). I will weed out the fake from the real...why mislead people and then try to cover up with fake comments?

richardh15
8/30/11

They lure you in with easy-to-win beginner bids. Once you do that you are a seasoned bidder I guess... $15 Walmart gift card for $60.00. What a bargain! If you like to gamble, this is the site for you. If you like to gamble and win... well, nobody gambles and wins. I find throwing money into a slot machine much more satisfying. With a slot machine, there is no false hope of actually getting something for a low price. And slot machines aren't gambling in disguise - they put it right out there. At least with a slot machine I know I probably won't come out ahead. But I actually think my odds may be better.

judithp
8/28/11

Overall, it's Buyer Beware. I got some great buys, and also lost a lot on foolish bidding trying to stay ahead of the jerks or bots who bid more than the item is worth. Watch out for "goliermom" "GATORBELL" and about every bidder in capital letters - they are mostly stupid or bots and they screw it up for the rest of us. Quibids allows people to buy 250 bid packs successively, so that they end up with 750 bids purchased with cheaper bid dollars - no way to compete. Bad bidders and Bots have ruined the gift card buys by pushing the bids so high that you might as well just buy direct from cardpool.com at 10% off and save yourself the aggravation. I'm through with them. You can see that 90% of the bidders are new to the site. They follow QB instructions to bid heavy in beginning, driving up the price. The fact the new guys are shoring up the site all the time is starting to feel like the proverbial pyramid scheme - and it will collapse. Just like Swoopo did. Amazing you can go bankrupt selling items for 1000 times their worth!

christ371
8/27/11

What a joke!

Went to sign up for my "FREE" account. was offered "3 FREE Bids" if I signed up for their newsletter. Figured "Cool...at least I can check it out first". Then I got sent to the 2nd page....

NOW you are required to buy a "Starter Bid Pack" of 100 Bids for $60. Apperently you won;t get anything actually "FREE". Anyway, was not willing to fork out the cash before I could see the service, so I went to exit the page. Low and behold, a "Live Agent Chat" widow pops up. Figured I had nothing to lose by explaining, so I did, "Live" my ass!!! The "chat" is of course a bot. Funny thing is that when you ask if it's even a person, the reply is "Yes, i am a real person and my name is Rachael". BUT, if you ask it what color a lemon is, it's screwed. The the reply that you get is "My information is limited and you will have to contact Customer Support" followed by a few repeated sales pitches to offer me 3 more "FREE" bids.

bills30
8/19/11

These people are making out like bandits on the ignorance of the masses. Do the math. Wouldn't any retailer like to make $8,037.60 on and IPad 2?

joshk4
8/17/11

Scam. If you are eager to want to buy something for cheap, go to the flea market. This site is a scam. They find anyway possible to steal your money.
I started the program and totally missed the 60 dollar start up fee. My bad. I tried to cancel it right away and emailed the customer care. But not knowing how to use the site, I set up a auto bid deal for a camera. Well I quickly learned that each bid cost money which is ridiculous. Why not have a free bid, you are going to pay for the item anyway, you shouldn't have to pay for a bid and the item, stupid. So I guess by doing a auto bid it drained my 60 dollars like in 15 minutes and I wasn't able to get any money back which the whole time I had been a member was like 20 minutes and lost 60 dollars. With their reply they said "well if we refund everyone their money back, how would we stay in business?". I said okay, you just bought a bad rating for 60 dollars. My bad for thinking this was a good thing.

tomn3
8/11/11

Quibids is a defrauding, sinister scam.

For more information, see: http://scamadvocates.com/18-Quibids.html

garyf5
8/9/11

. First of all, QuiBids.com require people to pay for the option to bid, but don't allow them to bid in increments of their choosing. This means that QuiBids is forcing the price up and profiting all the while.

On eBay, the seller and buyer have the auction monitored by the website, which is the trusted third party. On QuiBids.com, there is no trusted third party. QuiBids is the seller and the auctioneer. It works in their favor – and their favor only – to drive the price up in these small 1 or 2 cent increments.

QuiBids attempts to redeem themselves by offering you the "By It Now" option, which is when you can take the total amount of your failed bids and apply that toward the retail price of the item you were bidding on. Say you bid $80 total on an iPod Nano that cost $150. For the remaining $70, Quibids will sell you a Nano. Well, $70 plus tax, fees, and shipping and handling.

With the added "fees," tax, and S&H, that Nano will cost you more than it would at Apple, and usually much more than it would at a discounted retailer like Amazon.com or Target. In addition, QuiBids is not an approved retailer of Apple – or any major brand name – products.

This means that if you get the item from them, the manufacturer warranty is void – if it breaks within the first 60 days, you will not be able to get it repaired or exchanged. If you have a problem within the first 30 days, QuiBids will refund the final auction price you paid, but not a single dime of the bids it took to win the auction.

It's much better to stick to legitimate auction sites like eBay, instead of spending lots of frustrating time and effort on penny auction websites like QuiBids.com.

markr21
8/5/11

Don't bid using an iPad or iPhone. You'll be sorry. Even though I placed a bid before time had expired, the iPad I was using did not register the bid. Quibids will not reimburse you for these lost bids.

waylands
Apprentice Reviewer
8/4/11

I go on a decent amount of penny auction sites from time to time but, I just don't like this one. Not only do I see comercials for it but they send me spam mail... it's annoying. There are too many people bidding on this site so if it is possible for someone to win items then good luck being the last bidder. One thing that I don't like is that they send you spam email...why? When you have comercials on tv; something seems shady there. Also, I like how they boast about being BBB (Better Business Bureau) approved or accredited. Most people believe the BBB to be government controlled or to actually have legal action or powers to take a business to court. They don't. In fact anyone can have an accredited approval rating from the BBB... you just have to pay them a fee and they aprove of you. In turn the BBB is a scam in its own right, it's sort of a mafia tactic only they don't come in your shop and destroy it when you don't pay, they just don't approve of your business or maybe even give you a bad review. My apologies, I kinda rambled on for a minute.

My theory, the site probably is legit if they are ballsy enough to advertise on tv, it's just there are too many people bidding on items to actually stand a chance.

vanessag2
8/4/11

Worst site I have ever used! For $60 I got ONE $10 walmart gift card and spent countless useless hours on that stupid site! HATE HATE HATE quibids!!!!! BAD stay away.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the QuiBids staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I'm from air shall islands,
can I place my bit and get my stuff through post office box?
1/1/13
matth28
A: Well, considering he is making the option of getting it cheaper possible by being willing to take this chance, you Deb are the one who is being ignorant.
6/8/10
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the QuiBids staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

5 Photos for QuiBids