US Government's NSF

Tel: (405) 253-2038
domains@quibids.com

766 Reviews for QuiBids

Review Highlights

I won three $25 and one $50 gift cards for a total of $125 in value.

$.60 a bid and a whole mob of people trying to get stuff for cheap.

I am an unemployed analyst, so; a) that means I have time on my hands.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

7/23/14

Oh yea, $#*! Eric G., Kevin, Jaqueline and all those fake ass people who work for their company. Probably isn't even their real names. I wonder if they are even in Oklahoma....I am really interested in pursuing their company a lot further and seeing what we can do to educated the public more about their demise.

7/19/14

To Erik G. - in the history of mankind whenever the phrase "legitimate business" is mentioned it means the "business" in actuality is criminal or fraudulent. You keep whining like an aging mobster who is under Federal investigation for racketeering..."wah wah wah I'm a legitimate business man" .

7/17/14

Won a few items, but didn't come close to recouping my money spent on bids. I don't know how this company has an A rating with the BBB. They have over a thousand complaints against them.

7/17/14

I ALSO didn't realize there was a $60 charge (in addition to buying bids) - They keep telling me that it states the charge as you sign up...which is fine but it must be in very small print because there are a thousands and thousands of people that didn't see it...if Quibids were smart, they would realize how many people are upset about this and change their policy to remove this charge. They make sooooo much money off of these auctions (it's actually a crime how much they make if you ask me) so it would be nice to 'give back' to their customers by NOT charging a fee 'just to be on their site'....Sounds like they need a change sr leadership with this ever-growing and huge money making company....I bet if I check back a year from now...this charge will be removed because there are way too many customers unhappy about this...well, I’m off to write this review on all the other major Review websites…..

7/15/14

Glad I found this site,I worked for this company as a CSR for 12 weeks and YES ITS TRUE MOST PEOPLE WHO WORK THERE KNOWINGLY SHARE CREDIT CARD INFO OF CUSTOMERS.....DO NOT GET CAUGHT

7/9/14

They take $60 upfront. You have to sit and click a button repeatedly if you want to bid, like a brain dead moron just clicking over and over and over......I stopped when I realized I did not want to participate, and asked for the remaining balance of my money. They removed me, and kept the money I hadn't even used to bid. Now, I can't get on the sight again to ask for the money back.....STAY FAR AWAY FROM QUIBID!

6/23/14

Total scam never realized the immediate debit of $60.00 would happen. Yes the fine print explains it, however the structure of joining is very deceptive and is carefully worded in their favor. If any litigators are reading this you better act fast since I am sure a Class Action suit is in the works. This website will cease to exist within two years. I tried to cancel the $60.00 scam charge within 10 minutes to no avail. These guys are very slick and know exactly what they are doing. Beware.

6/17/14

I have had a great experience with them until today, I have been a member for years and have won a lot, maybe not high dollar items, but have alway been happy. Today I went to sign in and my IP address has been banned, they have my info credit cards etc and I can't access my account at all very not happy!

6/4/14

I love their commercials. Real buyers who got steal deals on Quibids.com. Right....... You could maybe fool people in 1995 but this is 2014 and it's clear from these reviews on sitejabber and many more this company is shady.

5/23/14

First off, this place is NOT a scam. All Penny Auctions operate like this; you buy your bids up front, then you bid and the auction goes up by a penny... hence the name Penny Auction. This type of thing is not for everyone, but I enjoy it. It's like a game, but I can also win cool stuff! Anything I have ever won from this site has arrived and it has been exactly what I purchased. I knocked off a star because I find that I'm not having as much success as not only I would like, but like I did in my first week or so. It's almost like they made it easy for me to win the beginning and now they're making it harder. Over all, I'd recommend this site though.

5/23/14

First I start by saying that YES, they mislead people into thinking we are signing up for free and that the reason we need to give a cc# is because we will be bidding on merchandise. They have nothing that tells you that you're about to pay upfront for a package of bids. Then people think they do not have to purchase the item less they win unknowingly spending the money $0.60 each bid not even knowing that is their real money from their acct. So very misleading. On the other hand I did get charged for bids when signing up and contacted customer service via their online chat and got ahold of a Jake in seconds who graciously and politely refunded my money and closed out my acct. I was nervous that the money wouldn't show up in my account but it did a little over 24 hours later. Also they have a customer service # you can call and talk to a live person. Just a side note. They only refund what you don't use. If you unknowingly bid you are out that money because it actually goes through a process of teaching you before you are supposed to begin bidding.

5/16/14

When i first joined I won a few auctions, but then I couldnt win any! Ive had sucess on other sites so I know it's not me.

5/9/14

My research indicates that any rating above 1 star is a "shill" for the scam site known as quibids. Stay away, FAR AWAY from this illegitimate scammer. Hey QUIBIDS, if you think that this is slander then sue me as I'd love to put you out of business.

5/8/14

I would go lower than 1 star. I didn't realize they were debuting my bank account for $60.00 when I joined. I immediately contacted live chat and was told they would cancel and refund my money immediately. They cancelled, but did not refund the $60.00. Now live chat isn't available to me, there is no phone # given! and I'm unable to email them because my account was deactivated. If this isn't a scam, I don't know what is! It appears bad people operate this site. Beware!

5/2/14

This site is a scam!!! Stay away!!!

The latest attempt to lure people to their site is posting items on craigslist at low price and when you reply to the ad, they say it's sold and give you link to quibids.com where they got it for cheap.

4/22/14

When I caught on how to win, I kept being blocked from participating. So when you are winning you are LIMITED to 12 items in any 28 day period. At which time you are blocked for 8 days. Suddenly I'm being blocked repeatedly anywhere between 16 hours to 3 days. I had 4 open auctions going when I got blocked. So I lost at least $70 in active bids. When I write CS I get a canned response. Days later I cancel my account, they tell me I've got my refund. Guess who doesn't have a refund?

3/29/14

SCAM. Big waste of your money and your time. With shill bidders you'll never win.
Never give ANYONE CC info prior to purchasing.

3/27/14

I also think this is a scam. I bid on something thinking I would not lose my $60.00, as I could buy it in the end. After losing the bid, I purchased the Samsung tablet. The price had gone to $114. from $176. and that is what I thought I was buying it for. You have 2 hours to decided if you don't want to lose your bid money, by purchasing the item What they don't tell you is the purchase price is $176., not the "buy now price" of $114. I feel I got cheated for $60. and when I called them after seeing my credit card account, they could give a ####. Do not go there!!!!! I could have paid $25.00 less than Amazon. When people say they purchased soothing for a small amount, they probably are not including the $.60 PER BID!

3/24/14

This is a scam and should be shut down. They are theifs who steal money just for signing up. I was charged $60.00 dollars just to register and then couldn't cancel to get my money back. Sent several emails and went unanswered. Then got on with live chat with Jacquelyn who says she has closed my account and refunded my money. This is a scam to take money from people upon signing up. They should be shut down immediately. There is no reason for their operation but to take money that they shouldn't. They just Steal!!!!! Don Trowbridge

3/21/14

Ok now, I hear alot of complaints about this site. I have been using quibids for years now. It is most definitely not a scam. If you have the mind set that you are going to win an item for $5 that is worth 500 then you will fail miserably. I always have the same mind set when bidding... I only bid on items that I "AM" going to buy regardless if I win. I wont be charged over the MSRP, plus has free shipping. Look. Sometimes you get really lucky and get a steal. But most of the time if I go into the bid, I win or buy now. I have won thousands of dollars worth of stuff, sometimes I spend the full price. Just like in a store.

The competition is harder than it used to be. You have to make the other dude think that you are not quiting, but that can be dangerous. You have to know when to back off, and when to attack. This is a science, not a bidding site.

One thing I always wondered was whether or not these sites have auto bidders (bots) bidding items up....

This is worse than gambling, the need to win is a drug.... Bid with caution. But, this site is in no way a scam.

3/15/14

Wow, thanks so much for all your feed backs. I was just about to fill in the financial information part but decided to look up the reviews first. I'm glad I did. You guys saved me a horror story.

3/14/14

When any so called bid site asks for all of your credit card info before you even bid on or look at anything that is a clear sign to stay far far away. Quibids is a ripoff scam.

3/12/14

Now that i lost my ass, i find alot of advertisments that look like real people talking about what they won on quibids were fake !!! They were done to make you think yiour gettinga deal!!! How is this legal

3/9/14

I only chose one star because it is the lowest choice. I signed up to look and gave my credit card for future bids . I read the terms twice. Nowhere did they mention any charge for registering at this site. Then I received an email they had charged my credit card $60 and I haven't even made one bid! The online Live Chat is offline, how convenient! What a scam!,

3/5/14

Quibid's isn't a scam, but if you ever have to deal with there customer service.... Like when they ship you the wrong product .Good luck!!!! It's as bad as it comes. If you happen to deal with Laura, just keep what you got it's not worth the headache!!!! I will never deal with them again.

2/28/14

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! I purchased an item over a month ago and got sent the wrong item. I contacted QuiBids immediately to resolve this. After my original emails being ignored and several weeks, I finally got word that they were sending the correct item to me, only to discover that they sent the same item again! Several more ignored emails later I got a response asking me to provide proof of the wrong item, which I did. Straight after this I got told that they can't give me the item I brought over a month ago, as they now do not have any. During this whole month period, not once did anyone think to put the correct item aside whilst the matter was being resolved. Not once did anyone think to tell me earlier that the item was unavailable. The customer service is atrocious and their lack of help is disgusting. To make the same mistake TWICE and then ignore my emails is disgusting. You might win something cheaper then RRP, but chances are you won't get sent it and will then be constantly ignored.

2/28/14

Ok... Let me explain...

Quibids just clained that they sold an i-Pad for $ 51.22....

That makes 5111 bids, at $ 0.60 each, which makes a total of $ 3066.60, plus the claimed price of $ 51.22 makes a total price of $3117.82 !!!!!

And they calle themselves a bid site ???

Quibids is a LOTTERY, not a bid site!!! For real bids, stick with eBaY..

2/21/14

If there a "zero" star, I would have given it to them.
VERY DECPETIVE the way they charge $60 IMMEDIATELY upon registering. I have asked them to cancel the charge. if they don't I will be reporting them to BBB and our AG office.
Do not use this site. Best to use Ebay/Amazon.

2/17/14

I signed up for this worthless site early 2013 just to see what all the claims were on the running commercials. When the signup process asked for information of a financial nature I put on the brakes. What auction wants bidders to pay for each and every bid? None that are reputable. Stay away from this site and spend your hard earned money on real goods rather than have a scam steal your funds.

2/16/14

Complete horsesh1t...and by the way..i cant believe you people are such idiots that you would purchase something without knowing 1what you are buying and 2why you have to buy it i.e. The $60 starter pack..i have spent nothing but know a couple of dumbazzes who have..i cant believe in this day and age that people still believe that if its too good to be true i'm gonna be the DA that buys into it...you people are mere sheep and QUIBIDS is a CON SITE...REAL AUCTIONS are EBAY and AMAZON ...dont you people realize that any positive reviews here are quibid employees? And the "bidders" driving up the auction prices are also the same? People, plz tell me you are not this stupid!!

2/12/14

Quibids is a SCAM? Just to look at the site you have to sign up and they immediately charged me $60 withoutbfirst warning me. Then they said it would take "the bank" 5 days to issue my credit. Even the customer service person sounded shadey. Stay away from this, people. They compare themselves to eBay but it is a SCAM!

2/11/14

Buy bids to bid on item and by the time your done buying bids the cost of the item is the same or more than the actual retail price.

Absolutely no value whatsoever. These sites were made to take hillbillys on a run for their money!! HUGE waste of time and money!!

2/9/14

If you think Quibids is a scam then you didn't read any of the information that is given to you. If you think it's a scam then you probably lost some money because you used idiotic bidding tactics. If you play smart you can do very well, I have. You probably will not get a $1000 item for $5, but you may very well get one for $500. It is a business that makes money. They are up front about how it works. If you didn't pay attention it's your own fault, deal with it. As far as bots and shill bidding goes Quibids is probably one of the few penny auction sites that does not use them. If you are kinda stupid you probably shouldn't try because you will probably lose.

2/9/14

Absolutely scammers. Their tv advertisement shows the total of all bidding but they don't tell yu how much you have to pay for each bid you place. What a rip off
Stay away

2/3/14

In my opinion this is the biggest scam since Bernie Maydoff! First what they do not tell you is that people can go on all day with the auto bids although if you read the rules it appears you can only bid 3-25 times-forget to mention you can renew all day. All the auctions I've looked at have been won by autobid. I have bid on a specific item (Kitchenaide attachment, high end and Wakmart, low end) and can not believe each more popular than sliced white bread!!! Maybe there are preset bidders? Not sure but looks like a scam to e.

2/2/14

Terrible experience. You can't bid whatever you want. If you are willing to buy something for 70.00, you have to wait until the 1 cent bids get that high AND you have to bid along at .60 per bid or you're locked out. Sure some auctions end and people get deals on the cheap but others keep going for hours while people who have nothing better to do or maybe stick with it as a business to resell on amazon keep bidding. And if you get stuck on one of those (I got stuck on 3) you could easily blow through hundreds of dollars or risk abandoning your bids and lose the money. Get up to use the rest room or eat dinner and if the auction ends, you lost. On top of that, while the site recommends certain platforms, the fact is that it doesn't work on most. You really need those they recommend or you'll lose money and then realize the site wasn't working. My advice is to stay away from this site unless you're willing to sit for hours, spend a lot of money, and then buy the item for top dollar list price. That way at least all of the money you spent bidding won't be flushed away as they apply that money toward the purchase price of the item.

2/1/14

Well in my personal opinion i love the site. I did attend to win a few 50$ walmart giftcards for 89cents + 10 bids that are 60 each so i paid about 8$ for a 50$ gift card

1/30/14

Horrible!!! After signing up and realizing that the auctions NEVER end, I asked for my money back within the 7 days full refund period. Instead, after hours on the phone and getting extremely frustrated, they just offered to send me $100 gas gift card, which I never received. Today, after several weeks of not even bothering to sign in, I signed in and boom.....ALL of my bids are gone!!! Therefore, they took the $60 and I didn't even get to place one bid. SCAM and STAY AWAY!!!!

1/25/14

Quibids uses bots and shill bidders. There is no doubt about this. If you should have any doubts that they use these tactics then check out the comments on the reviews on here.

Hmmmmm ? Says something negative about Quibids - you can expect them to have one statutory vote. Says something good ? Upvoted the hell out of. Spatial pattern analysis is my party trick, it keeps a roof over my head. I have used your site as Jo Public over a period of a few months. It would appear that the very same weakness you depend upon your hapless users developing over time is the same one that is your own achilles heel. The sudden and rapid onset of over-confidence.

If you actually adhered to your oft proclaimed business model it wouldn't be nearly so terrible. But it is apparent, and quite easy to provide citations for, the fact that there are shenanigans afoot.

1/22/14

Worst auction website in the world, this is a terrible scam which will get you addicted. I was bidding on an auction at 3 in the morning which lasted about 4 hours. i ended up losing the auction so i decided to buy the item itself to save myself some money from their website. i tried 5 times and it gave my paypal account an error (which never happens), few mins later i was charged $1200 from the quibids website on a friday night. They were closed all weekend, on monday i emailed tried their ridiculous live chat and gave them a call, they said the payment was denied all five times so i decided to open a dispute on paypal. Next thing they decided not to pay me but also ban all my accounts and stop responding to my phone calls, They finally decided to give me back my money once my lawyer called them. WORST WEBSITE IN THE WORLD STAY AWAY, I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS BEEN SCAMMED LIKE THIS.

1/22/14

they don't explain that every time you raise a bid by a penny it is costing you 60 cents. this is such a ripoff. I feel that I was scammed.

1/21/14

It looks like a scam. The general idea is that a bid costs 60 cents, and each bid increments the price by 1 cent. The maths is simple. A $286 item that sells for a price of $21 earns quibids:
2100 cents x 60 cents = $1260 + $21 = $1281.
Is that not enough for defining a scam? $1281 for a phone listed at Amazon for $286 This is a real scam example, not a fiction, and it is typical of quibids.com.

It's not all. To entice you to bid more, they lock the bids after the price reaches a certain level, like $13 in the case I refer to. This forbids new bidders to step in and gives you the impression that you have a fair chance of getting the prize. But, they will never let you get it unless you already spent 2 or 3 times its value on bids. They will make sure some fictional bidder gets it - a house robot that will outbid you.

It's not all, still. A logical and safe tactic consists in bidding in the last 2 seconds before bidding timeout. This gives others the time to bid before you. Well, tough luck, at one point, quibids will just not take your bid into account and auction the item to one of the fictional bidders 1 or 2 seconds before the bidding time has elapsed.

Stay away from them. They are just another offshore casino like scam.

1/20/14

The bidding process for vouchers is a joke. Bully bidders will keep outrageously bidding like bullies spending way more bids on a voucher pack, than the bids they will receive. 57 bids place to win 15, 80 bids placed to win 15, all by the same person. Either this site is rigged and has people being paid or computers bidding, or they are unethical and allow bullying bidders. Until they put a limit on the # of bids allowed for bid vouchers as they do for real bids, (# should not be able to exceed potential voucher wins) STAY AWAY IT IS A RIP OFF!!!

1/19/14

BEWARE!! It is a scam, they will get you to win something at the begging to entice you. BEWARE!! I warn you please listen to me I lost my $300 and i wasted a lot of time trying to get it back. It's like rolling the dice. BEWARE!!

1/19/14

I signed up with $60.00, studied the process, and opted out. I asked for a refund. They agreed to send a refund. That was Dec 24. January 3, still no refund. They apologized and said it would take a few more days. Jan 19. still no refund,
Now I get no more replies to my inquiries.

1/13/14

It's not a scam. But, good Lord, is it BORING! I'm not at all convinced it's a good deal, though. Yes, you can get things for pennies on the dollar but nobody ever tells you how much they've spend in buying bids. In order to succeed at winning bids you must: A. Keep sharp a object close by so you can stab yourself once in a while so you don't fall asleep. B. Decide your time isn't worth more than a few bucks an hour and C. Have no life. According to their website, they'll refund unused bids. I just requested a refund for half of the bids I bought.

1/11/14

yes i agree its a scam . you loose by the time you buy out points. phony ads along those lines . like getting payed to shop and get all kinds $$ to shop--SOUNDS LIKE FREE MONEY$? DUMB ADS-- if you to get a costly win. hi tech device$?? and it breaks and or shipping gets a mess. one or both--- How do they back up these problems? and at what cost?$ I still stay with amazon and sears. Dont be fooled on fast money scams . you never realy know where your lost money bids realy goes!!!$$

1/9/14

Was looking into it, when suddenly I found I had spent $60 buying bids. The instructions are very confusing. Saying you are required to purchase the starter pack, without telling you what that is or how much it costs, and then charging you when you sign up rather than giving you the decision then whether to buy the starter pack is clearly intended to trap people. $60!!! How many things would I have to buy for this to be worthwhile??? Doubtless some people have benefited, but I suspect they make most of their money trapping people into these $60 starter packs.

Addition:
P.s. So, I sent a complaint to Quibids, saying
"I am challenging the $60 credit card charge you placed on my account. I did not see anywhere that I had approved that. I understood that I could not bid without buying the starter pack, but expected I would get that decision and find out how much it cost before you charged my card. Saying I was required the starter pack is different than charging me for it without my approval"
They promptly refunded my $60. I assume some people find the site worthwhile, and since they promptly refunded my money, I'm raising them from one star to two stars. I still don't like the way I was made to feel trapped, nor does the whole deal actually look like a good way to buy things anyway.

1/4/14

I thought it was an "auction" site but its disguised for gambling and to scam someone. You have to purchase bids 1 bid= .60 cents and then you pick an item and start bidding on it. when you do, it doesn't mean your going to win it and your bids are gone to. (100 bids= $60.00) Here's an example. a tablet might show its at the price of $12.64 but if you bid on it 100 times that's actually 60.00 you paid for it with bids and there "gone" you don't get them back nor the tablet your bidding on if you don't "win" it
I got taken so stay away!
This is NOT a real auction and shouldn't be called/referred to as one.

12/27/13

Whatever way you look at it...this site is a scam. Yes it may be legitimate, yes it's policies may be transparent and in many ways they are upfront with customers however this site is designed to extort large sums of money from unknowing and optimistic customers looking to score a bargain. So the site is famous for selling £400 digital cameras for only £25 and £700 ipads for only £120 but it really doesn't work like that, it costs you significantly more and the company effectively quadruples the retail value in profit. It appears like an auction but it's not. Each item (all items are brand new) has a countdown like an auction, only every time somebody bids so many seconds is added to the countdown timer and you pay a set price for each bid you place which up's the final selling price by a penny each time. So for example you purchase 50 bids for £20 that costs you 40p per bid. Q-Bids is earning 40p every time somebody bids and the items final selling price goes up by 1p every time. Now lets take for example that camera I mentioned that is worth around £400 that sold for £25 (as shown on the site). If it sells for £25 that amounts to 2500 bids made by everybody who is bidding on the item because each bid ups the price by 1p. Now multiply 2500 bids by the cost of a bid (40p) you find that the item actually sold for £1000 in bids + the selling price and postage on top. Every time somebody places a bid more time is added to the countdown, the selling price still appears dirt cheap and people keep bidding non stop because it appears to be a bargain until eventually people give up and come home empty handed after spending a ridiculous amount on bids. Now the site does offer to discount the amount you spent on bids from the full price if you go for the buy it now option but chances are most customers are not there to pay full price...they are there to score a good deal and by the time they are done with the frustration of the auction they are just looking at it as a hard lesson - cut losses and run. Feel free to go and explore cause you never know, somebody has to win but I wouldn't recommend it to anybody. A site that appears to be one thing and is actually quite another - this is the definition of a scam!!!

The Best Penny Auction Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber