US Government's NSF

domains@quibids.com

816 Reviews for QuiBids

Review Highlights

lloydm

This "person" could have bought this item using "Buy Now" at least 5-6 times over.

jabbah

THAT MONEY IS NOT PROFIT BECAUSE THEY ARE CREDITING IT ALL BACK TO PURCHASING THE PRODUCT.

ronm45

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

anupriyak
10/21/14

I do get good deals here at very low price but i always bid on my favorite products and don't go beyond a certain bid price at penny auction other Quibids I am too frequent customer of http://www.wizbidz.com/

kregw
10/18/14

There are three phrases uttered by customer service reps that instantly make me ill: 1. "I apologize for the inconvenience, but...", 2. "I'm sorry you had a negative experience..." and 3. "Not at this time"/"At this time we have no plans to...."

Well, after reading the BS responses to the reviews by D-bag Erik, I'm adding a fourth: "I am sorry to hear that is your impression of us..."

What a $#*!.

Tip for consumers: Don't. Just don't.

mw38
10/11/14

Thanks to everyone out there for your ratings and comments...will never join this site,...also was wondering if they don't have anybody else in customer service besides this "Erik G character (robot/alien/ computer...who knows..never saw a comment from anyone else but him...probly owns the company out of a storage unit...lol

Tip for consumers: From what I've heard RUN.......... don't walk from this site

johnn578
10/8/14

Definitely a complete scam.... if you watch the ending auctions, the same "people" are bidding over and over again... obviously people are paid to pump up the ending price and suck the money away from regular people.

In addition, all of the "awesome deals" are just nonexistent. Try searching for anything popular... iPhone, LED TV, LCD TV.... the listings are all "Buy Now" items. Nothing for auction.

You pay $.60 per bid, only to be instantly outbid every time until the magic price is reached (so you'll pay hundreds for the item and hundreds for the bidding). PAYING MONEY for permission to buy something? That's a joke.

Save your $60 and put it towards something real, or you'll end up spending hundreds for items you'll never see.

Tip for consumers: Read the reviews everywhere for yourself (not on their site).

duaneh15
10/4/14

Started to sign up before I finished they took $60.00 from my bank . I did not finish filling out form and there support services will not answer do not go on this site and call your bbb to complain

waynew20
10/1/14

Hello I just want to WARN everyone of the MANY bait and SWITCH options they are doing. I paid my 60.00 but in total I puchased over 300.00 dollars in bids. I guess I thought quibid was legit but believe me and the others on this page they are NOT. Now to get back to my items as I won two different auctions both for the same item a tablet carrying case but when it said I won it showed a cheap qz ring for one auction and a cheap qz necklace for the other. None showed what I was biddibd on. Whrn I contacted customer service they said it was to late because I had already checked out. They said if I had not checked out and had gone to the item I really wanted I would see a VERY SMALL link that would have given me the choice to get the cheap qz ring or my item. Bait and Switch. Also if you look closely during ANY hour of ANY day you will see the same person winning and bidding on items. Ho we it this possible everyday at any hour 2am 6pm midnight 5pm this is a BOT!!!
Please do not waste your money. I have a friend who is very good at computers and explained he can take this info I have listed here and post it to many sites. Also called attorney generals office and they are aware of this site and are working to get a large restitution because even though this is an Internet site our state covers it because of the bait and switch. Please people save your money.....look at all of these complaints. ?...

Tip for consumers: Read all above and save your money. They have computers bidding against you....how else could they same bidders be bidding 24 hours a day against you 24 hours a day every day. Another junk rip off site that once in a great while lets someone win a 300.00 tv for 20.00 because they are getting millions from others. Site will not ever be ebay nor will it be here much longer

amym50
9/29/14

I never received the products that I ordered. I called to track the package and they asked me to wait a few more days. After a few more days, I called again, and they said it was too late as it had been thirty days since the order. The did nothing to compensate for my loss of money, or the lost package. The only response they gave to me was that they cannot trace packages after thirty days.

lennyh2
9/23/14

Read to the end. My stats over about 1 week, won 10 auctions (all items i would have never purchased) total investment 225.00 (real money). Breakdown: 7 (merchandise) 3 (vouchers or bids that can be used only for guess what? more bidding). Total retail value (from Quibids) 214.93(merchandise) + 54.00(vouchers/bids) = 268.93 - 225(original investment) = (+43.93). Not bad right?, lets look closer. First winning vouchers are worth 0 actual dollars they are "bids only", like trading 45 rings for 85 rings (+40) at the "ring toss" game at the fair (you get more chances not money). Still sounds good? lets look closer. First, the "retail" total of my items was 214.93 but i found almost all items lower priced elsewhere (walmart, amazon etc) for a total of 140.39 or a difference of 74.54, that just turned my positive return of +43.93 into a loss of -30.61. Not too bad? ok lets go deeper. The cost of all the items i won was 37.02 including vouchers (quibids would say i spent only 10.02 as again voucher bids = 0 in an auction (this how they DECEIVE you in their statistics). OK so wait, where did my other almost $200 go? loosing other valuable auctions. Although i did alot of research on more valuable items (nothing over 69.95), checked winning avg, highest win etc over many auctions (about 30), suddenly when i went to bid (and using the bidOmatic) i was just raised and re-raised out for record highs, 3 and 4 times higher than any previous win total, was this just a coincidence? Well, it sure would be easy to let us win a few small items just to end up bidding against "the company" a plant, or some robot that wont stop until you do. That would explain why there are such "anomalies" in the history, like an item going for 4x higher than "normal" or someone/something bidding 3x over the listed value, that is insane or is it? OK so whats my bottom line? 1. I got a deal on some things i would have never purchased on my own so only bid on things you would go buy retail BUT if you would go buy them retail, then go buy them somewhere else at a lower "normal" cost (no one pays retail online). 2. Are there plants/robots/imaginary bidders used to inflate the auction MAYBE (very easily done) NO MATTER HOW TRANSPARENT THEY SAY THEY ARE, haven't you learned by now, anybody can say ANYTHING on line (including me). They say there is an independent researcher, says who? who's verifying them?, The guy below is right when he likens this to poker sites (that got caught cheating). My recommendations: start with claiming the true winning bid including vouchers (you claim a $ value in a voucher auction), claim it the same way in a winning bid for a TRUE total. Show a total history of the auction with all bids (like e-bay) not just the last 10. Show who is locked "IN" to an auction, then there are no surprise guests/robots etc. Include a way to comment on bidders (like ebay) so we know when someone/something has a crazy insane bidding history, OH WAIT YOU WOULD LOOSE MONEY BY REALLY BEING TRANSPARENT. Think how much money a site can get just by a little $225 experiment like mine, I wont be back, too many questions that cant be really verified, ill just enjoy my 225 dollar towel rack, cut resistant glove, foam pillow, tool kit, tv tray, golf umbrella and camera lens coffee mug, what a steal, lol

shirleyr21
9/22/14

I see the small amount these people "paid" for the items and I'm not swayed at all. Why don't they state the amount of money @ $.60 each bid they paid too in order to win the item? Combining those two amounts would then show how much it REALLY cost them to win the item! Until I see those true dollar amounts, to me personally; Quibids is BS and in no way will I pay $60 for a "beginner" package! That kind of tells you what you are up against right there.

dank37
9/21/14

On the site for 2 weeks, after winning 3 items for cheap (1 to 4 bids, not received yet) and never using the "bidomatic" feature, i studied several items for days to see bid tendencies, avg bids etc. searched youtube and found some very questionable info but thought i would give it a shot. When i had enough info to bid and win using the bidomatic feature, i lost both of the items against another person or bot (not sure which) because all the info i gathered before the auction went out the window. They both went for record amounts until i was literally out of bids against another that had no problem way over bidding the actual value of the item in the 1st auction. Today was my 2nd try at an item listed at $75 value where i researched the normal win amount (the past 30 times) at 77 bids or less. I started the bidomatic at 77 and was not stopping till i was out of bids. I lost by stopping at 221 (over 3x any previous win) coincidence?. This site reminds me of online poker which I'm very familiar and the sites that have been "caught" and shut down for ripping off players by seeing their cards and playing against them (not fair). Where easy money is involved its always followed by greed. It would be easy to bid against a bot (a machine) that sees your account. Like poker, they could "let" you win a few small items to "hook" you into larger amounts later that you have no chance in winning. I also find it interesting that the total bid history is not available (like ebay), only the last 10 bids from a site that claims to be so transparent. They also claim an independent evaluation as if that holds any water, so did the poker sites. Bottom line for me is that it reminds me too much of the poker scams and how easy it is to steal your money "on line", so i wont be back. Now time for the "quibids rep" to refute this by the "I'm sorry you had a negative experience BUT........." Bottom line there is no "proof" either way until someone gets caught. In the meantime, I'll be at the casino with real people, real dealers and real cards playing for real money.

acev7
9/17/14

So I thought it was free to join, you pay when you bid. I was wrong got charge with the 60 buck. So what the heck i try it out. After doing some reading and looking around. For you to win big prize like a MacBook, Ipad, etc you have to bid big or be SUPER lucky and get away with 20 -30 bid according to the history stats. I saw this bid for a Macbook , retail price at $979 and this user bid 399 times, its .60 cent a bid so you do the math. Yes he got it for cheaper by bidding. But you have to buy the bid, so if you plan on bidding small for big item don't even try it will be a waste.The only way for you to win is to go all. There was a bid on a Macbook, the end price that they bid went all the way up to $126.80. So thats 12680 bid total from all the bidder x .60c thats $7,608 !!! on a MacBook that cost 900 buck. It's a good profit for quibids. I think majority of the user buy the item and resell it on ebay!

heatherb47
9/12/14

I won a few bids for gift cards a few months ago that I never received. It is a scam. Stay far away from this site.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it!

pcmacb
8/29/14

the problem with this type of site is that there is only one winner and at 60 cents a bid you might get lucky and get an item really cheap but the other bidders are ripped off. I have seen an ipad go for $20 but if you figure it out for every dollar an item goes for it's $60 so for an item to sell for $20 that means the company made $1200 for an item that cost them $300. Def a rip off. So you make one bidder happy but the other 500 bidders just gave the company a crap load of extra money.

gordono2
8/28/14

Everything I needed to know about this site is told by the clustering of positive reviews at the beginning of August, all of them clearly and carefully written with a lot of factual detail, contrasting a long and continuous stream of negative reviews, not always clear, perhaps hastily written or emotional. A company that pays people to pad a review site, maybe a company that shills its own auctions? I'll never find out. Thanks to all who contributed.

kees100
8/26/14

Quibids is absolutely a scam. I watched 2 different items that went on auction at the same time at 5 oclock in the morning (thinking that I could compete against less people). What I saw was pretty funny. The same users were placing BidOMatics bids and single bids at the exact same times, and I do mean at the EXACT same times. I watched over 500 bids go for each item that were IDENTICAL and not one single bid was more than a tenth of a second later than the one on the other item. This is a design just to get people to spend their money on bids with the occasional winners to keep some fairly good reviews. This is more like a lottery than an auction penny site. I hope that people see this message before wasting money on bids. I would suggest actually buying a lottery ticket.

gailm27
8/23/14

I have been a customer of penny auctions for many years and still bid on many sites. I have to say while Quibids is more of a challenge than some of the other sites, they offer a wide selection of items and I love that you can "choose your item." You have to do your homework on some items. Research value to know how high to bid and whether or not to use the bin. You win some and you lose some, but I am ahead overall and consider Quibids my "home" site. Thanks to Quibids for running an honest and fair site.

Tip for consumers: Stay within your limits and know when and when not to bid. You can do well here.

mamunaa
8/15/14

You can get advice from family, friends and strangers, but the best advice comes from your heart; it never lies; trust it. There may be many people that are trustworthy, but only a few are worth trusting with your heart; choose wisely. To be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved.

dianed15
8/13/14

I do not recommend this penny website. Very hard to win -- have to play for 6 - 12 hours to bid on something big-- all night long , just to have someone come in and play against you -- I think they have someone on the payroll doing this!
One time I did bid on a TV & spent 12 hours on the computer & didn't win -- had to buy it for the difference of what I had spent in Quidbids -- which was more than I could buy it at Sam's Club -- then it took them over 4 weeks to deliver it -- I contacted them and threatened to rescind my credit card charges, etc. -- we went back & forth! Finally I did get the TV.
Just not professional in my opinion!

vanessat6
8/8/14

Definitely.. I WANT TO TELL THE WHOLE WORLD THAT QUIBIDS IS AWESOME !!!!!!!!!
I AM NOT KIDDING >> if you read the info that is perfectly provided and take your time and start small you will be amazed at the savings that you will get and how good you will feel knowing that you win is awesome and the shipping is free and fast and reliable .. i have saved so much and know many others that save daily as well .. Quibids is very beneficial and very much a blessing . You gotta take your time and dont try to go win a 600 dollar item with 25 bids .. That will not work if you do not know who you are bidding against and how the whole quibids system works . Some days are better than others one must also find the right time of day accordingly to win as well ... Just know that Quibids is not a scam and it is very awesome .. I didnt get paid to say this either . I mean it ....

noreenr
8/6/14

I can tell you this is an exceptional site. Canon PowerShot SX510 HS 12.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera when the bidding was over I paid $3.44 yes that's correct no typo there the exact same camera sells on line at amazon.com for 199.00 with free shipping. Oh did I forget to mention that everyting you get from Quibids is FREE SHIPPING so if you think that's where they will get you think again. Most products come via UPS or USPS FREE! yes FREE Lavish Home 3/4-Inch Twisted Curtain Rod - Pewter These were absolutely FREE because Quibids has a policy if your auction ends under .50 the item is FREE to you so when you purchase that starter voucher bid keep this in mind FREE item FREE Shipping this item retails at Home Depot for 15.99 One of the largest wins was on Catnapper - Magnum Chaise Rocker Recliner w/Heat & Massage the lowest I could find it online was 674.00 I won this chair it was delivered works perfectly for my mother with adviance dementia so we could throw her old cruddy one away for $9.72 with FREE SHIPPING So quite honestly if you think it doesn't work it does with some time and research you could be bring home the goods.

jeffreym36
8/5/14

My name is Jeffrey Mcgee. I have been using #QuiBids for about a year. I have won Hundreds of dollars in gift cards I won a tent for $0.04 cent the tent was a $40.00 value. I saved $160.00 on a Cannon camera. The Home Depot gift card that I won and bought saved me over $400.00 dollars on a New Stove. The people that are griping about #QuiBids probably didn't read QuiBids 101. I didn't when I first started and it wasn't good.I have saved over a Thousand with #QuiBids. They even have free shipping. Take a good look at others Penny auction site where the give you $0.15 bids and you need about a million to win an auction and when the timer hits zero you win. People feel cheated because the can't afford to buy the item when they lose then want their money back. I never bid on what I can't afford to buy if I lose. QuiBids is the best site around .

michaelf89
8/5/14

This is the worst site for anything. You pay for bids, just so you can pay for the auction you win, i.e. you pay twice for your item.

Customer support is a joke, if you put in the wrong shipping address you are screwed, it happened to me, and took 5 days of screaming on the phone for them to fix, and it was a very reluctant resolution from the rep. I recorded the entire conversation and after 35 minutes I finally got a resolution on the 5 day.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS, GO TO E-BAY or AMAZON

annmaries
8/5/14

QuiBids is an awesome site that you get bid on items and get them dirt cheap or even FREE. I have been a member for three years and have won gift cards, jewelry, bedroom linens, bathroom linens, water feature for my garden, just to name a few. As long as you research and bid wisely you can obtain a variety of items for pennies on the dollar, QuiBids even as a Buy It Now (BIN) feature in which if you spend real bids worth $.60 per bid on an item you receive full credit towards the purchase of the item you are bidding on. The BIN feature offers the items at comparable pricing. You can't go wrong becoming a member of QuiBids as long as you bid wisely!

lear8
8/4/14

I have had nothing but an awesome time bidding on QuiBids and won so many auctions one being Wicked Ridge Warrior HL Premium 175-Pound Crossbow Package retailing at $409.49 and I only paid $30.30. I also won an Iview 788TPC 7" 8GB Android Tablet w/MiraDongle Streaming Device valued at $139.92 for free because my winning bid was $0.07 cents!!! A must try web site and I highly recommend it to everyone!!

appyo
8/3/14

After reading all the reviews left here, I think Erik G. deserves a raise! Quibids is not a scam. And for the people who claim to have been charged $60 not knowing they would be charged, my question would be, why do you ever enter your credit card information on an internet site and not expect to be charged for? That's not an error on Quibids doings, but it is your error for not reading the terms and policies clearly stated on the sign up page. No where does it state "Try it Free". When you entered your credit card info and clicked on the "I agree" button, obviously you did not understand what you were agreeing to. I am a happy, satisfied, winning bidder of 4 years. The customer support team is outstanding, and the merchandise is all new and come with a full return unless otherwise stated at the bottom of each auction you are involved in. These complains belong in the (Don't hate the game-hate the players for not knowing what they are agreeing to). Kudos to Quibids for being the top rated penny auction site on the internet which offers an exciting new way of online shopping, and not a gambling hall.

kevins72
8/3/14

I have been a member for 4 years now and I have found QuiBids to be the best penny auction site on the web by far. They are also the cheapest I have seen with bids costing .60 compared to most others at .75. I have actually received about 10 times in winning from what I have spent. Where else can you pay .10 on the dollar for new and quality items. I had 2 minor issues and they took care of me right away. I find their Customer service personal to be A-1... You must watch, read Quibids 101, go to their facebook page to get a lot of info from other members. If you do these things you can be very successful.

davida116
8/3/14

this site is the best penny auction site out their do your home work and you can save money and have fun all at the same time

karenc38
8/3/14

Be an informed bidder and you WILL be a happy bidder on QuiBids--my shopping and entertainment place for 4 years--I have never had a problem with this company!!! Love it!

maryh62
8/2/14

I am a very frugal shopper. I have been a member of QuiBids for two years. In the last 2 months alone, I have won items with a retail value of $1009.85 That’s the QuiBids retail value, which is often much less than Amazon. My savings during this time frame was an incredible $755.40 Where else could you go to get brand new high quality items in factory sealed packaging with free shipping on every item? No where but QuiBids. Those that complain do not take the time to learn how to effectively participate. But what about the cost of bids, you say? I have received over a thousand free promo bids from QuiBids, through daily contests and sweepstakes on facebook and twitter, and special promotions weekly throughout the year. QuiBids has been a life changer for me and I will be a member for life!

garyo15
8/1/14

I have been with Quibids for about 6 months now and at first it was very challenging but after reading thru the Quibids 101 section I began have soon success . I've actually been able to win large and small items at a great value and was able to purchase items I did not win . in all auctions there are only one winner so there are going to be upset people ( I've been that guy) but I'm proof that if you just time your time to learn and must be willing to buy it now you can succeed. Their are power players but you learn to avoid those people and if you understand all your doing is shopping then you shouldn't be upset for only paying retail . you can't over pay on an item unless your using voucher bids and those are lost money anyways as far as I see it . you already gambled that money

steves112
8/1/14

I advise everyone when signing up on ANY web site to read the entire disclaimers. Any site that ask you for a credit card most likely has a charges associated with it. Then after you join be sure to read all the helpful information in the QuiBids 101 that has so much helpful information, don't just dive in and think you are going to win a ipad for a penny because reality is your not! Most of the people winning the higher end items have been members for some time and have done there research. Start small and learn how it all works. I have saved thousands of dollars over my membership and have never had a issue in my 4 years. I give this site a A++ DO YOUR RESEARCH!!

phyllisc4
8/1/14

I am a active member of Quibids.com now for year and half. In the beginning I did have a few minor issues that I did not report or address with them. It took me finding their FB Community Page to learn that their are ways to address any issues I may have had. However, I did not find them until 6 months ago.So basically for a year I was on my own.Still I had sense enough that I knew to study and learn everything I could learn about penny auctions,Why? Because it was my money I was investing. So I did tons of research. Not only from the Quibids site but the general internet. In my first year, I have landed well over 400 auctions. Yes you do have to be willing to pay the buy now price to prevent walking away empty handed. But why would you enter a auction with out being willing to go the distance. I never enter a auction I do not want or need. Their are many helpful ways of learning how to bid wisely. You are always going to have PB and people who will abuse the systems set in place. Quibiids has done a lot since I have been a member to prevent that from happening each and every time. How you handle PB is to let them know you will go the distance, You will not walk away empty handed. Once, I learned how to do that my winnings came left and right. I do avoid most all hybrid and game play auctions. If I want vouchers I either buy them or earn them through contest. There are 11 ways to earn bids. I tell people instead of bidding on vouchers,earn them.Then it is no lost to you if you lose them since they are of no value but they help to extend the auction past the buy now if you want to go further than retail. I myself like using my real bids. I am willing to buy when I have to. It is very rare for me to walk away from a buy now. Without the buy now's I have to date landed close to 550 auctions. You can view everything on Pin interest if you would like by visiting this link. ( http://www.pinterest.com/LouisianaCajun1/ ). Here, I post all my wins, some reviews and tips when I can get the chance to post. Video's just started getting posted this year, some will be auctions in play, what to do in a system break if occurred.
I do like to talk with others because you have older members who will take advantage of newer bidders. You have to take a stand with them and once you do it a few times. They will back off and leave you alone. You can also find me within the Quibids face book community, a place where we share our many experiences with quibids by visiting here https://www.facebook.com/quibids/app_297208170367225 if you scroll down the page a bit on the left you will see post by others, click that and a pop up page will appear and you will be in the community. If you had a bad experience, I hope you will give it another try but learn all you can about bidding first. That is the most important thing if you are going to invest your money into something, go all out and learn everything you can first. Quibids is awesome site and I am a proud member both of the auctions and the community... Feel free to follow me on pin interest I would gladly help you if I can...LouisianaCajun

hildak1
7/29/14

I'm one of those people who thought I was just creating an account, and then: Boom! $60 down the drain.
VERY VERY deceptive.
I just asked my bank to challenge the charge, hope it works!
Nowhere did it say : "We are going to charge you now!" - well, maybe on page 329 of the agreement. Come on now, that's just wrong!

ronm45
7/28/14

One needs to read ALL the rules and other documentation that is listed on their website and understand it. I, too, paid $60 for the original 100 bids and won $75 in gift cards and won a kitchen appliance valued at over $120. One cannot ASSume that one understands what they are getting into without doing the research. I personally NEVER had a problem with Quibids. There was one point where it took a little longer than expected to get my gift cards but, they did arrive. I even chose to pay for something because I had run out of bids. One must READ ALL the fine print...The site does mention that you can only win a certain amount of items within a specified time period and then your account is "frozen" until that time period has passed. Like I said earlier: One cannot ASSume that one understands what they are getting into without doing the research. Read, REad, REAd, READ!

Being a HS teacher, I see my students growing up in a world of "instant gratification" is not fast enough. If they don't understand something they just give up and try to throw the blame on someone else. I usually find that it's because they did NOT read the instructions. See a trend? I advise: "PLEASE READ ALL OF THE DOCUMENTATION BEFORE YOU BUY ANYTHING, IN ORDER TO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MAY BE GETTING INTO."

frederickm22
7/19/14

To Erik G. - in the history of mankind whenever the phrase "legitimate business" is mentioned it means the "business" in actuality is criminal or fraudulent. You keep whining like an aging mobster who is under Federal investigation for racketeering..."wah wah wah I'm a legitimate business man" .

sandyj15
7/17/14

Won a few items, but didn't come close to recouping my money spent on bids. I don't know how this company has an A rating with the BBB. They have over a thousand complaints against them.

marieg12
7/17/14

I ALSO didn't realize there was a $60 charge (in addition to buying bids) - They keep telling me that it states the charge as you sign up...which is fine but it must be in very small print because there are a thousands and thousands of people that didn't see it...if Quibids were smart, they would realize how many people are upset about this and change their policy to remove this charge. They make sooooo much money off of these auctions (it's actually a crime how much they make if you ask me) so it would be nice to 'give back' to their customers by NOT charging a fee 'just to be on their site'....Sounds like they need a change sr leadership with this ever-growing and huge money making company....I bet if I check back a year from now...this charge will be removed because there are way too many customers unhappy about this...well, I’m off to write this review on all the other major Review websites…..

leer21
7/15/14

Glad I found this site,I worked for this company as a CSR for 12 weeks and YES ITS TRUE MOST PEOPLE WHO WORK THERE KNOWINGLY SHARE CREDIT CARD INFO OF CUSTOMERS.....DO NOT GET CAUGHT

gordony1
7/14/14

i gave them my $60, studied the game, bid on a small item, a $100 voucher at 60 cents a bid on quibid, burned through all of my $60 in vouchers and then they posted that the item sold for $8.94.
i am an idiot!

richardb99
6/23/14

Total scam never realized the immediate debit of $60.00 would happen. Yes the fine print explains it, however the structure of joining is very deceptive and is carefully worded in their favor. If any litigators are reading this you better act fast since I am sure a Class Action suit is in the works. This website will cease to exist within two years. I tried to cancel the $60.00 scam charge within 10 minutes to no avail. These guys are very slick and know exactly what they are doing. Beware.

julien197
6/17/14

I have had a great experience with them until today, I have been a member for years and have won a lot, maybe not high dollar items, but have alway been happy. Today I went to sign in and my IP address has been banned, they have my info credit cards etc and I can't access my account at all very not happy!

jaredw7
6/5/14

I was on the site for about 2 months and won several items. I spent a couple hundred dollars on bids and was really loving it. Suddenly almost every auction was blocked. When I contacted Quibids about it they said that I was too good and that my auctions were limited to make things fair for others. That should not be legal. I refuse to do anything further on their site. My overall review is that it's great for about a month, then when they find out they are not making enough money on you they block you. They should be banned.

randyb29
6/4/14

I love their commercials. Real buyers who got steal deals on Quibids.com. Right....... You could maybe fool people in 1995 but this is 2014 and it's clear from these reviews on sitejabber and many more this company is shady.

sophiah3
5/23/14

First off, this place is NOT a scam. All Penny Auctions operate like this; you buy your bids up front, then you bid and the auction goes up by a penny... hence the name Penny Auction. This type of thing is not for everyone, but I enjoy it. It's like a game, but I can also win cool stuff! Anything I have ever won from this site has arrived and it has been exactly what I purchased. I knocked off a star because I find that I'm not having as much success as not only I would like, but like I did in my first week or so. It's almost like they made it easy for me to win the beginning and now they're making it harder. Over all, I'd recommend this site though.

amberk3
5/23/14

First I start by saying that YES, they mislead people into thinking we are signing up for free and that the reason we need to give a cc# is because we will be bidding on merchandise. They have nothing that tells you that you're about to pay upfront for a package of bids. Then people think they do not have to purchase the item less they win unknowingly spending the money $0.60 each bid not even knowing that is their real money from their acct. So very misleading. On the other hand I did get charged for bids when signing up and contacted customer service via their online chat and got ahold of a Jake in seconds who graciously and politely refunded my money and closed out my acct. I was nervous that the money wouldn't show up in my account but it did a little over 24 hours later. Also they have a customer service # you can call and talk to a live person. Just a side note. They only refund what you don't use. If you unknowingly bid you are out that money because it actually goes through a process of teaching you before you are supposed to begin bidding.

sandraw25
5/17/14

Somebody is doing really well on Quibids, just not the customers. I gave it a try and was surprised to get charged $60 when I thought the first hundred bids were free. Ha! Then I sat back and watched for awhile. I saw the same bidder names on...anything that was up for auction. I believe the term for these bidders is "shills." They promise a lot and deliver squat. I advise to stay away as you'll get "taken" every time.

tims59
5/16/14

When i first joined I won a few auctions, but then I couldnt win any! Ive had sucess on other sites so I know it's not me.

williamk45
5/9/14

My research indicates that any rating above 1 star is a "shill" for the scam site known as quibids. Stay away, FAR AWAY from this illegitimate scammer. Hey QUIBIDS, if you think that this is slander then sue me as I'd love to put you out of business.

lindag39
5/8/14

I would go lower than 1 star. I didn't realize they were debuting my bank account for $60.00 when I joined. I immediately contacted live chat and was told they would cancel and refund my money immediately. They cancelled, but did not refund the $60.00. Now live chat isn't available to me, there is no phone # given! and I'm unable to email them because my account was deactivated. If this isn't a scam, I don't know what is! It appears bad people operate this site. Beware!

dtc
5/2/14

This site is a scam!!! Stay away!!!

The latest attempt to lure people to their site is posting items on craigslist at low price and when you reply to the ad, they say it's sold and give you link to quibids.com where they got it for cheap.

Best Music, Media & Entertainment Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber