US Government's NSF

1st Review:
carolm1

728 Reviews for QuiBids

Review Highlights

I won three $25 and one $50 gift cards for a total of $125 in value.

$.60 a bid and a whole mob of people trying to get stuff for cheap.

I am an unemployed analyst, so; a) that means I have time on my hands.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

3/29/14

I fell for the luring ad for something I had been looking for online. Saw it for cheap on here, thinking it was a "regular" auction site and I could sign up, then bid on things and only pay for what I won. Yeah, I was stupid and didn't read the fine print. For $60 I won a single bid, for something I didn't really want or need, but I wanted to see if it was actually possible to win ANYTHING. So, I paid $60 for a $20 item. Not going back.

3/29/14

SCAM. Big waste of your money and your time. With shill bidders you'll never win.
Never give ANYONE CC info prior to purchasing.

3/27/14

I also think this is a scam. I bid on something thinking I would not lose my $60.00, as I could buy it in the end. After losing the bid, I purchased the Samsung tablet. The price had gone to $114. from $176. and that is what I thought I was buying it for. You have 2 hours to decided if you don't want to lose your bid money, by purchasing the item What they don't tell you is the purchase price is $176., not the "buy now price" of $114. I feel I got cheated for $60. and when I called them after seeing my credit card account, they could give a ####. Do not go there!!!!! I could have paid $25.00 less than Amazon. When people say they purchased soothing for a small amount, they probably are not including the $.60 PER BID!

3/24/14

This is a scam and should be shut down. They are theifs who steal money just for signing up. I was charged $60.00 dollars just to register and then couldn't cancel to get my money back. Sent several emails and went unanswered. Then got on with live chat with Jacquelyn who says she has closed my account and refunded my money. This is a scam to take money from people upon signing up. They should be shut down immediately. There is no reason for their operation but to take money that they shouldn't. They just Steal!!!!! Don Trowbridge

3/15/14

Wow, thanks so much for all your feed backs. I was just about to fill in the financial information part but decided to look up the reviews first. I'm glad I did. You guys saved me a horror story.

3/14/14

When any so called bid site asks for all of your credit card info before you even bid on or look at anything that is a clear sign to stay far far away. Quibids is a ripoff scam.

3/12/14

Now that i lost my ass, i find alot of advertisments that look like real people talking about what they won on quibids were fake !!! They were done to make you think yiour gettinga deal!!! How is this legal

3/9/14

I only chose one star because it is the lowest choice. I signed up to look and gave my credit card for future bids . I read the terms twice. Nowhere did they mention any charge for registering at this site. Then I received an email they had charged my credit card $60 and I haven't even made one bid! The online Live Chat is offline, how convenient! What a scam!,

3/5/14

Quibid's isn't a scam, but if you ever have to deal with there customer service.... Like when they ship you the wrong product .Good luck!!!! It's as bad as it comes. If you happen to deal with Laura, just keep what you got it's not worth the headache!!!! I will never deal with them again.

2/28/14

Ok... Let me explain...

Quibids just clained that they sold an i-Pad for $ 51.22....

That makes 5111 bids, at $ 0.60 each, which makes a total of $ 3066.60, plus the claimed price of $ 51.22 makes a total price of $3117.82 !!!!!

And they calle themselves a bid site ???

Quibids is a LOTTERY, not a bid site!!! For real bids, stick with eBaY..

2/21/14

If there a "zero" star, I would have given it to them.
VERY DECPETIVE the way they charge $60 IMMEDIATELY upon registering. I have asked them to cancel the charge. if they don't I will be reporting them to BBB and our AG office.
Do not use this site. Best to use Ebay/Amazon.

2/17/14

I signed up for this worthless site early 2013 just to see what all the claims were on the running commercials. When the signup process asked for information of a financial nature I put on the brakes. What auction wants bidders to pay for each and every bid? None that are reputable. Stay away from this site and spend your hard earned money on real goods rather than have a scam steal your funds.

2/16/14

Complete horsesh1t...and by the way..i cant believe you people are such idiots that you would purchase something without knowing 1what you are buying and 2why you have to buy it i.e. The $60 starter pack..i have spent nothing but know a couple of dumbazzes who have..i cant believe in this day and age that people still believe that if its too good to be true i'm gonna be the DA that buys into it...you people are mere sheep and QUIBIDS is a CON SITE...REAL AUCTIONS are EBAY and AMAZON ...dont you people realize that any positive reviews here are quibid employees? And the "bidders" driving up the auction prices are also the same? People, plz tell me you are not this stupid!!

2/12/14

Quibids is a SCAM? Just to look at the site you have to sign up and they immediately charged me $60 withoutbfirst warning me. Then they said it would take "the bank" 5 days to issue my credit. Even the customer service person sounded shadey. Stay away from this, people. They compare themselves to eBay but it is a SCAM!

2/11/14

Buy bids to bid on item and by the time your done buying bids the cost of the item is the same or more than the actual retail price.

Absolutely no value whatsoever. These sites were made to take hillbillys on a run for their money!! HUGE waste of time and money!!

2/9/14

If you think Quibids is a scam then you didn't read any of the information that is given to you. If you think it's a scam then you probably lost some money because you used idiotic bidding tactics. If you play smart you can do very well, I have. You probably will not get a $1000 item for $5, but you may very well get one for $500. It is a business that makes money. They are up front about how it works. If you didn't pay attention it's your own fault, deal with it. As far as bots and shill bidding goes Quibids is probably one of the few penny auction sites that does not use them. If you are kinda stupid you probably shouldn't try because you will probably lose.

2/9/14

Absolutely scammers. Their tv advertisement shows the total of all bidding but they don't tell yu how much you have to pay for each bid you place. What a rip off
Stay away

2/3/14

In my opinion this is the biggest scam since Bernie Maydoff! First what they do not tell you is that people can go on all day with the auto bids although if you read the rules it appears you can only bid 3-25 times-forget to mention you can renew all day. All the auctions I've looked at have been won by autobid. I have bid on a specific item (Kitchenaide attachment, high end and Wakmart, low end) and can not believe each more popular than sliced white bread!!! Maybe there are preset bidders? Not sure but looks like a scam to e.

2/3/14

quibids is a legimate auction site but is very deceiving on how the actual bidding works. Bids and voucher differences are explained well by the site. The most deceiving portion is the actual bidding. The site makes it appear that you are bidding on an actual product. In truth you are competing with other bidders for a dollar amount which can the be applied to purchase desired item. Example. 2 bidders are bidding on 500 dollar item. One thinks they are bidding on an ipad and one thinks they are bidding on a box of cigars. In the end there is only one winner of the 500 dollar prize. Site should be more up front on how this bidding process works. Just remember you are bidding on a dollar amount and not a specific prize!

2/1/14

Well in my personal opinion i love the site. I did attend to win a few 50$ walmart giftcards for 89cents + 10 bids that are 60 each so i paid about 8$ for a 50$ gift card

1/30/14

Horrible!!! After signing up and realizing that the auctions NEVER end, I asked for my money back within the 7 days full refund period. Instead, after hours on the phone and getting extremely frustrated, they just offered to send me $100 gas gift card, which I never received. Today, after several weeks of not even bothering to sign in, I signed in and boom.....ALL of my bids are gone!!! Therefore, they took the $60 and I didn't even get to place one bid. SCAM and STAY AWAY!!!!

1/25/14

Quibids uses bots and shill bidders. There is no doubt about this. If you should have any doubts that they use these tactics then check out the comments on the reviews on here.

Hmmmmm ? Says something negative about Quibids - you can expect them to have one statutory vote. Says something good ? Upvoted the hell out of. Spatial pattern analysis is my party trick, it keeps a roof over my head. I have used your site as Jo Public over a period of a few months. It would appear that the very same weakness you depend upon your hapless users developing over time is the same one that is your own achilles heel. The sudden and rapid onset of over-confidence.

If you actually adhered to your oft proclaimed business model it wouldn't be nearly so terrible. But it is apparent, and quite easy to provide citations for, the fact that there are shenanigans afoot.

1/22/14

Worst auction website in the world, this is a terrible scam which will get you addicted. I was bidding on an auction at 3 in the morning which lasted about 4 hours. i ended up losing the auction so i decided to buy the item itself to save myself some money from their website. i tried 5 times and it gave my paypal account an error (which never happens), few mins later i was charged $1200 from the quibids website on a friday night. They were closed all weekend, on monday i emailed tried their ridiculous live chat and gave them a call, they said the payment was denied all five times so i decided to open a dispute on paypal. Next thing they decided not to pay me but also ban all my accounts and stop responding to my phone calls, They finally decided to give me back my money once my lawyer called them. WORST WEBSITE IN THE WORLD STAY AWAY, I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS BEEN SCAMMED LIKE THIS.

1/21/14

It looks like a scam. The general idea is that a bid costs 60 cents, and each bid increments the price by 1 cent. The maths is simple. A $286 item that sells for a price of $21 earns quibids:
2100 cents x 60 cents = $1260 + $21 = $1281.
Is that not enough for defining a scam? $1281 for a phone listed at Amazon for $286 This is a real scam example, not a fiction, and it is typical of quibids.com.

It's not all. To entice you to bid more, they lock the bids after the price reaches a certain level, like $13 in the case I refer to. This forbids new bidders to step in and gives you the impression that you have a fair chance of getting the prize. But, they will never let you get it unless you already spent 2 or 3 times its value on bids. They will make sure some fictional bidder gets it - a house robot that will outbid you.

It's not all, still. A logical and safe tactic consists in bidding in the last 2 seconds before bidding timeout. This gives others the time to bid before you. Well, tough luck, at one point, quibids will just not take your bid into account and auction the item to one of the fictional bidders 1 or 2 seconds before the bidding time has elapsed.

Stay away from them. They are just another offshore casino like scam.

1/20/14

The bidding process for vouchers is a joke. Bully bidders will keep outrageously bidding like bullies spending way more bids on a voucher pack, than the bids they will receive. 57 bids place to win 15, 80 bids placed to win 15, all by the same person. Either this site is rigged and has people being paid or computers bidding, or they are unethical and allow bullying bidders. Until they put a limit on the # of bids allowed for bid vouchers as they do for real bids, (# should not be able to exceed potential voucher wins) STAY AWAY IT IS A RIP OFF!!!

1/19/14

BEWARE!! It is a scam, they will get you to win something at the begging to entice you. BEWARE!! I warn you please listen to me I lost my $300 and i wasted a lot of time trying to get it back. It's like rolling the dice. BEWARE!!

1/19/14

I signed up with $60.00, studied the process, and opted out. I asked for a refund. They agreed to send a refund. That was Dec 24. January 3, still no refund. They apologized and said it would take a few more days. Jan 19. still no refund,
Now I get no more replies to my inquiries.

1/13/14

It's not a scam. But, good Lord, is it BORING! I'm not at all convinced it's a good deal, though. Yes, you can get things for pennies on the dollar but nobody ever tells you how much they've spend in buying bids. In order to succeed at winning bids you must: A. Keep sharp a object close by so you can stab yourself once in a while so you don't fall asleep. B. Decide your time isn't worth more than a few bucks an hour and C. Have no life. According to their website, they'll refund unused bids. I just requested a refund for half of the bids I bought.

1/13/14

I won a safe which I understand how it works. My problem the safe they sent me is a piece of junk. Been trying to get them to respond and take care of this and when they did quibids said it was after the 30 days to deal with the manufacture. It was quibids fault it is after the 30 days.

1/11/14

yes i agree its a scam . you loose by the time you buy out points. phony ads along those lines . like getting payed to shop and get all kinds $$ to shop--SOUNDS LIKE FREE MONEY$? DUMB ADS-- if you to get a costly win. hi tech device$?? and it breaks and or shipping gets a mess. one or both--- How do they back up these problems? and at what cost?$ I still stay with amazon and sears. Dont be fooled on fast money scams . you never realy know where your lost money bids realy goes!!!$$

1/9/14

Was looking into it, when suddenly I found I had spent $60 buying bids. The instructions are very confusing. Saying you are required to purchase the starter pack, without telling you what that is or how much it costs, and then charging you when you sign up rather than giving you the decision then whether to buy the starter pack is clearly intended to trap people. $60!!! How many things would I have to buy for this to be worthwhile??? Doubtless some people have benefited, but I suspect they make most of their money trapping people into these $60 starter packs.

Addition:
P.s. So, I sent a complaint to Quibids, saying
"I am challenging the $60 credit card charge you placed on my account. I did not see anywhere that I had approved that. I understood that I could not bid without buying the starter pack, but expected I would get that decision and find out how much it cost before you charged my card. Saying I was required the starter pack is different than charging me for it without my approval"
They promptly refunded my $60. I assume some people find the site worthwhile, and since they promptly refunded my money, I'm raising them from one star to two stars. I still don't like the way I was made to feel trapped, nor does the whole deal actually look like a good way to buy things anyway.

1/4/14

I thought it was an "auction" site but its disguised for gambling and to scam someone. You have to purchase bids 1 bid= .60 cents and then you pick an item and start bidding on it. when you do, it doesn't mean your going to win it and your bids are gone to. (100 bids= $60.00) Here's an example. a tablet might show its at the price of $12.64 but if you bid on it 100 times that's actually 60.00 you paid for it with bids and there "gone" you don't get them back nor the tablet your bidding on if you don't "win" it
I got taken so stay away!
This is NOT a real auction and shouldn't be called/referred to as one.

12/28/13

This site is a scam. When first launched, odds were a little better as you were bidding on specific items, now, multiple "like priced" items in same grouping. You may be bidding for a $1000 DSLR camera, but they group your bids against other items similarly priced such a s a Yamaha Stereo receiver. Why do I have to compete with the Yamaha stuff when I want camera stuff? This is just their way of decreasing the odds of ever winning anything. Also, I have watched and monitored many auctions and find that there always seems to be a phantom bidder jump in on locked auctions as well. By design, you get your bids back if you are the winner of an auction, it comes off your total price. I guarantee you will not see too many people winning the auctions that have hundreds invested into the auction, but rather the phantom bidder with just a few bids. I have a friend that works for Quibids and she has told me that they run bots and have employees bid on items that may actually sell to the bidder that has invested a higher dollar amount. They run bots to sneak bids in on auctions that have legit bid o matic bidders. They ensure that the employee wins these auctions after bid o matic runs out.

12/25/13

It is not a scam but think about it. The actual amount that the auction goes to is immaterial. It is how much you are willing to spend buying bids. It IS very difficult to win the items people really want like IPads or expensive cameras, or things of that nature. The only winning strategy is to use your bids heavily, i. e. spend money. But each participant is spending individually (which is why the site is so successful), and you might be in for $600 already (1000 bids = $10 in item price increase, a very small amount if you are buying a fancy camera or an Ipad), i. e closing in on the actual value of the item and some else is just coming in and has not spent a cent. The only way to cut your losses in this case is to buy the item at the "buy now" price. Essentially, this website is a casino, and the only one that is winning for sure is the house, i. e. QuiBids. If there is something that no one else wants, you can buy it for much less than its value but there are not too many items like that or the site would go bust in no time.

12/22/13

this site is a complete scam, first of all nowhere in the print of when you're reading and inputting credit card information does it say anything about being charged per bid, being charged to bid is a ridiculous institution at best, not being able to bid on the item until it is down to it's last ten minutes and then the timer resets every time somebody puts one on it? absolutely ridiculous, i've read there take and they say "scam" is a very offensive word to use when talking about the company, well it is the definition of scam unfortunately.

12/17/13

They use employees to bid against customers. I know, I worker there!! Don't be fooled by these unethical people!!

12/9/13

I went through the getting tricked into buying your first set of bid but was okay with it so I decided to use my bids. I actually won a sound bar, worth between £100-200 for depending on where you shop, and I thought that maybe the site was okay after all. But two days after I received an email saying they've disabled my account for no valid reason and demanded a list of documents and subsequently I wouldn't be receiving my item, this site is clearly set up to swindle people out of money. I would advise anyone planning on using it not yo

12/9/13

I filled in form (like a child idiot) to have a look and wa charged 190.00 bucks. They said it was refundable but continuously misled, lied and sidestepped until "time" had expired the option. There was NEVER any option. A complete scam site rigged against the curious that has countless complaints against it including using false news programs.made to appear like real network channels. An unprinipaled hustle still bilking the public.

12/8/13

You pay $60 dollars whether you win anything or not. So basically, I paid $60 dollars and received nothing in return. What an awesome website!

12/6/13

Horrible site! 1st, you spend $60 fee. Then, there is no guarantee that you will win anything back. I spent $60.80 for $10 shell gas gift card. What a waste of money. Ebay is much better because if you do not win the bid, you do not loose money. You will loose the money at QuiBids. I consider this site like a casino (gambling). Most of the time, you loose than win. I quit this site after a few days. If I can give 0 star, I will give it to this site!"

12/5/13

You must buy "bids" from the site to bid on an item. The "penny" you use to bid is the one you must purchase at sign up. Actually you must pay $60.00 to buy 100 bids at sign up. Therefore that Quibid "penny" cost you 60 pennies. Every bidder on an item spends 60 cents per bid. If a $100 item receives 1000 bids the amount spent bidding garners is 60 cents multiplied 1000 times which $600. When you think you have bid 100 pennies on a item remember that those "pennies" cost you 60 cents each. You are not bidding one dollar but actually $60.00. They will offer losers the chance to buy the item at retail less your bid cost.

12/2/13

I am a quibids user for 3 years now. I have won some small things here and there, but nothing recently. I made a discovery tonight which is why I am writing. I am currently watching 5 auctions right now...A Yamaha receiver, a deluxe Breville expresso machine, Crosley juke box, excaliber crossbow, LG 50" tv, and a Nikon D7100 camera. All items are about $1000, but the auctions is where its weird...I noticed 2 items I was bidding on seemed the same, witht the same people bidding and exact same price/time...it seemed really weird that everytime jim1ou bid on the one item, he bid on the other. So I looked at some other items. All are exactly the same!!! This is a little more than coincident. 5 items, all get the same guy to bid at the exact same second! And there is like 15 guys doing it. And the entire history is the same, but where I bid.

I just bid on an item to see what happens, it bid on all 5 items! It only costed me a single bid...something is up!

Buyer be where. I will be contacting the BBB, the site needs to be shut down. Widest dissemination guys! Quit losing your money.

11/29/13

please save your self some money don't go they have people working for them sitting in a warehouse bidding against you .zbiddy is the same .some one I'm close to dates one employed by them.

11/29/13

Well, I just logged off this site, this was my first and last time. It is very hard to win, some of the other points made here are true. The vouchers are rigged, there is noway you are betting on vouchers that go up, up, up until you lose and 4 sell for .17cents, .40 cents, .20 cents, some of them for 50 vouchers and this all happens at once and this happens over and over, the ones you bet on go up forever and a bunch out of thin air "SOLD" 17 cents. The other problem, you bet at 2 seconds and this works for a long time (until you are low on bids) then "Bam" you hit the bid button at 2 seconds and it's closed and sold. It was alright, but I have better ways to spend my time and money. Too bad though, it had potential to be fun.

11/27/13

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!! Save it and purchase something on ebay. Signed up, wasted $60 on wasted bids, thought I'd give it another go and purchased another bid pack. WASTED A TOTAL OF $150 on NOTHING! GOT NOTHING! Would've done better on a Las Vegas Slot Machine and had a better return! RIP OFF! Just go to BEST BUY or TARGET or EBAY to purchase your items, instead of squandering perfectly good money on NOTHING!!!!!!

11/24/13

Firstly Quibids is NOT a scam. For those of you who thought you were duped of $60 to register you obviously didn't read the sign up terms correctly. It was written in English & very easy to understand.
For my $60 worth of bids I watched for a few hours then tried my luck, 3 bids in on a $45.00 item & I'm a winner! I can't believe it! After winning I then find out I don't have to take the item displayed...I get a choice! Even better! I choose my item, pay for reasonable shipping & head back to try again!
This time I go for a $150.00 item, 23 bids in & I scare off my competition & win AGAIN! I choose an awesome sound bar for my TV. Once again pay for shipping then retire for the night.
I give it a 2 day break & to my surprise on the 3rd day after bidding there is a courier driver at my door with my items!
I have since won 2 other items & spent a total of $105.00 on bids, $42.00 in shipping, & $2.10 for winning auctions with a return value of $310.00.
I am in front & smart bidding can keep it that way.
There are NO bots or fake bidders. These are called 'Power Bidders'....they are like egomaniacs, super competitive & will pay exorbitant amounts purely to build a reputation & win. If you watch long enough you see who they are, simply avoid the auctions they are hitting on & let them fight their own kind.
You need to be aggressive & intimidate an auction at the right time. Anticipation is key I find but it takes patience. I've sat for hours on end not bidding & waiting for the right time & it's worked!
Get over your SCAM issues, just because you are crap at bidding doesn't mean it's a scam.

11/20/13

You have a better chance of winning the Lotto, struck by lightning, finding a needle in a field of haystacks! I felt like such a smow. They have got to be pushing the fraud laws on that advertising!

11/18/13

For the past 10 days I have used and monitored this site with the help of three other people. We decided to keep hard copies of all the auctions I was in as well as other actions, focusing primarily on the voucher bid games. This is what we found: a large number of fictional bidders. How did we find this? By feeding in the bidders names into a statistical analysis whereby we came up with two sets of names--real and fictional. What we found is this company is using fictional bidders to prevent real bidders from winning the big items and vouchers--the difference cannot be attributed to skill--there are many reasons for this and it's to long and complicated to go into on this site.. I will say we will be turning over our results to the Federal Trade Commission inaddition to including this site in an expose about how these websites cheat people. Honestly, I do not know how this particular company has stayed afloat, the level of deceit and dishonesty is enormous. Beware of this site and read the terms, they have an unusual part in their cont

11/17/13

I just registered today and after reading much of the information they provided I became somewhat overwhelmed so I decided to register to see what is was all about. Somehow I didn't see where they hid the purchase order for $60 and gave them my credit card. I thought this was only used for paying for my winning bids. Boy was I wrong. I believe the purpose of hiding it and not making it clear is to sucker in people before they realize they have been taken. This is similar to Obamacare. Read it and weep. It should be crystal clear up front when a website is going to charge your credit card and not buried in the text.

11/16/13

Quibids is a fraud/scam!!! I've filmed two auctions for two different tablets that mirror each other in every way. I started a bid for an Samsung tablet then noticed I was also bidding for Leveno tablet. All the bidders of both tablets were identical at exactly the same time, the price changed at exactly the same time. After it was locked and got down to just two bidders (The same identical bidders for each different tablet bidding at the identical time) I'd make a bid then immediately several other bidders popped up only to gradually slow down to the same two bidders. The bids between these two would wind down two two or one seconds then one of them would bid eventually the clock timed down to 6
six seconds when the bidding was stopped and one of the two bidders won.

About QuiBids
Specialties & Business Description
QuiBids is a penny auction site.