US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

lloydm

This "person" could have bought this item using "Buy Now" at least 5-6 times over. (in 417 reviews)

mattl38

My advice: Try it ONLY if you have money to burn and you really don't care if you lose it – like at a Casino. (in 372 reviews)

ronm45

I, too, paid $60 for the original 100 bids and won $75 in gift cards and won a kitchen appliance valued at over $120. (in 62 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

mochib
1/29/15

Very sketchy, scammy behavior. They advertise on Craiglist, pretending to be people selling their stuff for cheap. They claim they sold the item already, but direct you to Quibids.

markw45
1/27/15

Quibids is not a scam but it's overpopulated, a lot of people bidding on the same auction = very low change to win. If you want to win penny auctions check out this site iPennyAuctions[.]com

jordans33
1/26/15

I tried qui bids and lost at an auction. I had 120. towards a new GoPro with the buy now option. When I tried paying for it they said to call customer service. The next day they contacted me back and only gave me 5 voucher bids in return. How is it your system messes up your only willing to give me 3.00 worth of bids back in return out of the 120 bucks I had toward my item. Never again do to terrible service and no morals.

scammym
1/23/15

I'M EMBARASSED, as a life long resident of Oklahoma to learn that such a company is ALLOWED to operate in this state, but for many years, the state has been slowly taken over by crooks such as Koch Industries, called by David Koch's twin brother, Bill "A CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE." The Koch family has a history of dishonesty, no regard for the law, for the health and well being of citizens of this country and these two brothers are now worth a combined $85 BILLION, thanks to an inherited family business which amassed huge wealth by stealing from Americans and citizens of every country where they operate. They announced that they would be spending $300 Million on this year's elections, but their "contributions" are now allowed to be "given" in complete secrecy. They own governors, legislatures, congressmen and even Supreme Court justices. As soon as they place their shills, or "water boys" in office, they send a wish list to their politicians with already drafted legislation they are "recommending" to be passed. They want to pay NO INCOME TAX, they want TOTAL BUSINESS DEREGULATION Which will make websites like this one totally legal. They own a brothel, gambling casino and force abortion clinic in Saipan in partnership with a "Christian organization Islands and funnel about $4 Million to republican "family values" candidates from this dubious source. Their chosen politicians do what they are told, and all of them know better than to attempt to regulate "businesses" like quibids, because quibids operates much the same as has Koch industries over the last 80 years or so. Google the term "the Koch method" , a "pencil whipping" strategy which taught employees how to steal oil revenues from land owners and royalty owners, including American Indian tribes. The Kochs have been pushing Congress to legalize online gambling from their casino operations. Now they have sent bills to every state legislature they control demanding that they pass laws which will tax solar and wind energy, because both are making America less dependant ;.

Tip for consumers: This needed to be re-posted.

yvonnes11
1/21/15

I urge people fully read anything that ask you to enter your credit card number. I have not regretted spending on dime on Quibids I have gotten ten fold back. If I had any problems, their Customer Service was quick to solve it! You cannot jump into an Auction and win a big ticket item. All good things require patience and learning. If you do not take time to read Quibids 101 you fail. Read all their blogs. They teach you how to succeed!

Tip for consumers: Go to Quibids Facebook page and read all you can ;) there is fantastic tips there from other bidders just like you! Below is just one of my wins!

lindan20
1/17/15

I saw the website on a newscast from Okie City. I decided to give it a try and I knew my cc was charged $60.00 for 100 bids. The problem is they mislead you about how the auction works. I didn't realize that each bid was only worth 1 cent. (had no experience with penny auctions...durr) The item was 250 voucher bids. I got no higher than $4.82 when I ran out of the 100 bids. The item finally went for $6.25 as reported by big green numbers and in very small numbers the REAL bid was $133.00. I then could have bought the item for $90.00 and that would have meant I had paid a total of $150.00 for the item. That would just give me more 1 cent bids to blow. Seemed like a risky bargain. As for the 133 real bids, I know that the other 4-5 bidders did just as much bidding if not more than me. Of course I had no way to check the amount of bids the others made but I KNOW it was more than 33 since I had used 100 real bids of my own. I guess I'll just cut my loses unless I happen to see a class action suit. I would expect that might happen if possible.

lourdesc2
1/16/15

My item got lost in the mail during holidays quibids got there insurance money all I got was my original invested bids to win the item :-( rip off I should receive the equivalent amount in bid money or a replacement item unacceptable quibids I will be taking this to small claims court.

Tip for consumers: Don't bother with this company try another site with better rules quibids sells a bunch of broken junk anyways.

joannak10
1/13/15

Quibids HAVE STOLEN my money for my unused real bids which according to THEIR OWN policy should be refunded on request within 3 years from purchase (purchase took place on 11/11/2013).

MY PURCHASE WAS MADE BASED ON THIS POLICY.

They suddenly claim are no longer operating in Great Britain and telling me my money were taken and to dispute it through my financial institution! They know very well that since the transaction is more than 120 days financial institution is unable to investigate this transaction and process refund.

Their policy clearly states that money will be refunded to the customer for unused bids. They have broken their own policy and have unlawfully taken my money.
I have sent them numerous emails which they ignore as THIS IS THE WAY THEY TREAT THEIR OWN CUSTOMERS.

I will not leave it like this.

Tip for consumers: Get out before they steel from you!

Ps. I hope you are also aware about bidding automates set by them to make sure no one wins high value items before they rich min double of its price? Good luck if you like to be cheated.

billym29
1/9/15

Are consumers really getting that much lazier and dumb? Seriously, the website clearly tells you how they operate and they CHARGE you $60. It's right there on the SAME PAGE as the credit card form. It's not even in fine print, it's in large print right next to the form! LOL LOL

Another class examples of consumers blaming someone else for their own actions because they didn't pay attention.

If you don't understand how an auction house works, do some research first before complaining while I walk away with my brand new 55 inch LED tv that I spent only 40 bucks on.

You aren't going to get something cheap and free by just sitting on your bottom. You have to think at least think a little and this site does a good job helping even the lesser intelligent folks win a great deal. (no offense, but below states fact :)

Tip for consumers: Read and pay attention before you make the responsible decision of giving your credit card number to any site or service.

Common sense will always reward you.

jeremiahb25
1/5/15

These people are scam artists. Once you sign up they automatically take money out of your account. Asked for a refund and they told me it would take 5 business days to get my refund.

Tip for consumers: If you want your money stolen go to quibids.$#!&

jeremiahb26
1/5/15

Tip for consumers: If you want your money stolen go to quibids.scam

mjw2
1/5/15

I wish I read the reviews on this site about Quibids.com before I signed up. I feel so angry that I was taken in by them. Please don't give these people your credit card number. They take your money right away and when you realize you have been taken they treat you like a fool afterwords. I asked them for my money back within minutes. I have been given the run around by slick form letters. If this is a legitimate business something is terribly wrong with the laws that let them do this to us. This is a scam!!

Tip for consumers: Don't give them your credit card number

jesusa10
12/31/14

Don't fall for this site. Signed up to bid and next thing I know, I had "bid" on things I hadn't even looked at and my starting money was gone. Spoke to representative and somehow they had documented proof of me bidding on those items. Also, since kids now a days are getting gift cards, please educate them on using their cards online before they get their money stolen like what happened to me.

shaunam2
12/29/14

DO NOT EVEN SIGN UP FOR AN ACCOUNT TO VIEW THIS SITE, they charged me $60 immediately upon signing up for an account to view how bidding worked. THIS IS A SCAM! THIS DOESN'T EVEN DESERVE A STAR. THEY TOOK 12 HOURS TO CORRESPOND BACK ABOUT THE FRAUDULENT CHARGES TO MY CARD.

Tip for consumers: Their site is meant to confuse you! DO NOT EVEN SIGN UP TO INVESTIGATE IF YOU DONT WANT MONEY CHARGED IMMEDIATELY!

jaked38
12/26/14

Complete $#*! site. They have so many fake people posting how they won all this crap in such an advertised fashion. You don't see ebay doing this. You also don't see ebay make hundreds, even thousands over one item ripping people off because of "credits." Ebay will always be the top company. Eat $#*! quibids

danielm138
12/26/14

A few days before my year was to expire I requested a refund of the money I had placed on Quibids.crap. took them over a week to respond with the form email. By that time a year had gone past. They tell me my money has been turned into vouchers and I waited too long to request a refund. I told them I did not and sent the email again as a forward so they could see the date I sent it. BUT NO!!!! they didn't get it in time, maybe something is wrong with my email (they said).
Anyone want to buy 71 vouchers cheap?
Anyone thinking about using quibis, DON'T!!!! save yourself the headache and the money.

Tip for consumers: DON'T. They never had anything I wanted and when they did I spent money but did not even come near getting the item. Those actors on the commercials must have cheated to win.

toms138
12/25/14

I have been on QuiBids for a little over a year. Sometimes I do real well and sometimes not. Of late I apparently have done too well. They have severely limited the auctions that I can participate in, made bid busters available to me about every 6-7 hours and when I can bid on them, they are only singles and never a double. I currently can only bid on cheap stuff that is worth maybe 1/4 of the listed price, gift cards that I suddenly can not win and of course all of the voucher bids that I want. Voucher bids can be the biggest waste of money on the site. I did send a complaint to them about being so severely limited and they admitted that they had done this and that if was for the benefit of other bidders, so they would have the opportunity to win major items. In other words, if you get too good or too lucky, they will basically kick you out.

Tip for consumers: Don't get too good at it.

margaretj16
12/20/14

Boy Erik G. You sure have a difficult job!! Sounds like many people simply do not understand the auction process. Penny auctions are a different thing also. Good to realize by what means QuiBids makes it's profits though! Wish you well and I thought the website information was fairly clear.

Tip for consumers: Learn and understand auctioning and always be careful with where you put your money! It is a tool only to help us live.

kilciap
12/19/14

At first, I was so hooked on quibids. Just seeing how little people were paying for their items i decided to give it a try. The bids are 60 cents each, which is not much but it adds up, so if you use a lot of them, you end up losing more than you win. I've won a few great items, some not so great. The shipping is pretty fast. What I don't like is with the buy it now option, only the "real bids" count towards the total price. Sometimes I'll use real bids for a bid pack auction and i end up losing them all and use the buy now option for the voucher bids, but then those bids are useless if i use them on something else and don't win because they won't even count towards the buy it now price.
Quibids is good to kill time, not to get great deals. Its a gamble and most of the time its just not worth it. Ive lost more than I've won.

arwenl
12/18/14

I put 3 stars because watching my bids got exhausting and gave me migraines. They should use the LOCKED function as soon as a certain number of people start bidding. It gets stupid. However, I didn't stop at only 1 star because I READ ALL THE TRAINING ON THAT SITE THAT THEY HAD TO OFFER ALONG WITH ALL THE Q&A BECAUSE COMMON SENSE TELLS ME THAT I SHOULD DO THAT WHEN I DECIDE TO THROW MY MONEY SOMEWHERE! HELLOOOO! Just saying... If you read like you were supposed to, if you had taken the training as suggested by the site, and took the time to watch a bunch of bids rather than be part of them...some of you wouldn't have the issues you have now. With any PURCHASED bid that I had + VOUCHER bids I had...I didn't pay any more than about $5/item. I also knew some of the items were labeled with a way over priced "value" to begin with. I saw people POUR their money into sunglasses that normally cost $20 (according to the site), but I bought the very same pair in real life for $7!!

Tip for consumers: Just like any "value" store, do some price comparisons. Don't believe everything price you see and don't be blind with your money. Think before you act. Also, read the fine print. Don't be a dummy. :-)

michaels225
12/14/14

Before purchasing something that you need. Why not bid on it at quibids. 100% cant lose. Your either going to win and save yourself a great deal of money or you can keep bidding on the product until you pay it off with you bids or you can just buy it. Plus their is no shipping charges. So try Quibids and tell them poofydrop1@yahoo.com sent you. Either you win it or obtain it because every time you bid it takes 60 cents off the price. So if something cost $5 for instance then after you bid 8 times they just give it to you, plus its fun and competitve.

jessicar31
12/14/14

Why are people so shocked that they deduct 60 bucks out inmediately? Are you guys stupid? I signed up and got 20 free bids. I used them and won a pricy set of name brand kitchenware. I was happy.

ro14610
12/12/14

Erik G.,

You really love to mention that Ripoffbids, excuse me, QuiBids has been accredited by the BBB. Got some news for Erik, my cat's litter box could be accredited by the BBB, so big whoop........

Tip for consumers: Be afraid, be very afraid.

davidm232
12/10/14

Without disclosing it they immediately charge your account $60.00 as soon as you enter your card information. QuiBids will then not respond to any query about your card or give you access to the card information that might allow you to remove the card from their site. Quite a high level scam, STAY AWAY FROM QUIBIDS.

Tip for consumers: Not customer friendly.

chuckf7
12/8/14

this site SUCKS. you would be a fool to waist your time and $$. donate your money to a good cause insted of the fools who run this. not only do they take your $$ with out you knowing then they take for ever to ship. if they ship it at all

Tip for consumers: dont do it

cassies7
12/6/14

Lol. I agree about Erick. He certainly seems to have an answer for everyone. Too bad he is also getting a paycheck and part of the whole scheme Hooray for Capitalism folks!

Tip for consumers: Do not use the site. For suckers only.

marm12
12/4/14

Please avoid this. The invitation to sign up never ever is upfront in telling you that the your card is being charged immediately. It tells you to enter the info as most sites do to get a sign in and check it out. After that I emailed 2 days ago . Of course no direct or indirect answer. Ok I decide to try it , guess what, I bid on a dual USB charger because I see no one else bidding, and (gullible me) A huge CONGRATUALTIONS that I have won it for .01c and then it takes me to a screen telling me I won a SCREEN PROTECTOR SET for a phone I DO NOT OWN. I have emailed again...HINT in the future DO NOT SIGN UP FOR ANYONE WITHOUT PHONE SUPPORT> NOTE also no chat support I have attempted chat support at different times for 3 days and SURPRISE...always offline or BUSY...THings that make millionaires out of wishful thinkers. :)

Tip for consumers: Be aware, there chat support has not been available for the 5 times I signed in to chat/ clear things up. Either it is busy or offline. There is no phone support. Hope more people read reviews. I know I will. Also not I allegedly won a dual USB charger, I was congratulated for winning screen protectors. I have emailed them with no direct or indirect or generic response.

benc132
12/4/14

Can not understand how stupid some people can be. When you sign up for these sites, you should read the t&c, they are clear and there is full info on how they work. If you can not be bothered to read it, do not be surprised when money has been taken from your bank...with your consent (had you read the t&c`s). All your moans could have been avoided it you had just taken time to read what you singed up for, clicked on what you did and did not want eg: automatic top up.
I have read the reviews about most of these sites, they are not for me as I am not prepared to take a gamble by paying for bidding, but as for letting me know what I would have been in for, all the sites have made it VERY clear how they work.

jh220
12/2/14

I have had some good luck on items I have bid on and won BUT I recently won a pair of earrings supposedly valued at $1002 took them to jeweler and had appraised they are worthless on valued at maybe $50.00. NOT a happy person right now

jeffs81
12/2/14

Bad idea. I just spent $70 or so, and all I have to show for it is a couple of small items worth about $8.

Here is the trick - you have to pay for each bid. Once you place a bid, it puts extra time on the clock, giving others a chance to bid again. In effect, the item goes up by $0.01 with each bid - but it could cost you 20 - 60 bids to win an item. And, consider that the most desirable items get the most attention (cameras, TVs, Tablets, etc), they are being bid on by multiple people. So, when you see - I got an iPad for $22.48 - what that really is saying is $22.48 in price out the door - and over $1320 in the cost of bids (again, each bid cost $.60 to place) since there were over 2200 bids made - 2248 to be exact.

Translation - let's say you are bidding against three others for a Camera. You end up paying $14.50 for it, but in the process you have placed 450 bids - you actually just paid $284.50 for the camera. Not such a great bargain after all...

Tip for consumers: Save your money and buy via Amazon. You will always get the best retail price, and when you are a Prime Member, you get free shipping, and free returns.

ingridw1
12/1/14

Stay away from this site. They deduct $ 60.00 from your account and even after disputing it with the credit card company it was charged and not reversed. Bad, bad company, all a scam.

jimmyz2
11/29/14

Life is tough. No one in this world is going to offer you any free lunch. Everyone works hard for every penny that they earn. When I first heard Quibids, I thought it would be a great thing to try and play with. The prices were certainly amazing and really drew me in. I however remembered that no one will unconditionally offer 90% off of products. It is just too good to be true. I learned that you have to pay for the bids that you make, which is how the company makes the money that they make. It is impossible for a company to sell items below their manufacturing price simply because they will lose money. A company would not last long, if at all, if they lost money on the products that they sell. So they instead used this ingenious method of charging attracted customers using the bidding method. It is very similar to a casino and investing. You must put in money in, and you have to be strategic in bidding, but you won't always win. The company gains off of the losers. This company is just another example at a greedy attempt to monopolize the market and lure as many idiots in as possible. And unlike the stock market, this site doesn't aid the advancement of society. Unlike companies selling stock, this company sells bids to satisfy the needs of gamblers who have no purpose in life but to expend all their resources trying to find a shortcut through life. It doesn't really matter what Erik G. says because all he's trying to do is negotiate with angry customers in an attempt to protect Quibid's public image. Really, he's a paid con man, working to cover the CEO's ass. Unfortunately, their company's executives have such a long scandalous record that even mt. Everest couldn't even begin to cover up their record. It's really just a huge blown up ponzi scheme that is endorsed by the government because it is "technically legal" according to America's corrupted politicians. These companies are really a royal pain in the ass to civilians and are a politician's best friend, selling out millions of dollars annually to congressmen.Just remember: Life is hard and everyone takes the same road. Those that manage to find shortcuts eventually end up in a ditch. To be honest, everyone will, eventually.

Tip for consumers: Don't take part in it, unless you are truly an idiot who wants to support corrupt politicians. Really, your money is going to go into politics or into does executives who sit on their fat asses wondering about which plane to buy next.

traceyw11
11/27/14

This site is merely a gambling site with the delusion you could win this amazing item your bidding on.They also request a payment of over $72.00 just to sign up with all your credit cards details. They continue to suck you in to buy more credits etc you could win this etc. The bidding is cut throat. anyone who hasnt been playing this bidding game for ever will definitely loose all their money. This should be registered as a gambling site and people should be more informed if you dont win the bid you loose all the money you spent bidding on the item. their money to credits ratio is just ridiculous.... $1.00 only buys you .60 in credits.. if you play youll soon realise how they make soo much money. DON'T go to this site unless you have money to throw away and trust me you can go through $100 in minutes.

jamesyp
11/27/14

I wouldn't recommend this site to anyone, NOT A GOOD IDEA, Think about it like this, It cost 60.00 just to start bidding, It cost .60 per bid and for your 60.00, you get 100 Bids to start, Ok, so lets say you have an ipad that cost 300.00 new, but they start the bidding off at 1.00, and you have 20 bidders that start bidding because they want it, after each bidder makes their bid, take .60 x 20 that's $12.00 and they are not going to stop bidding at one bid, so lets say everyone bids 50 times, between all the bidders bidding, they have given these people, the owners of the site, $600.00, So far that is them receiving 600.00 which is double the 300.00 the ipad actually cost new.
So out of everything we have learned here, do you think it would be worth it for all of you to spend your hard earned money on all this to make these people rich for not doing nothing but selling you a new ipad that after you pay for, they probably run out with your 600.00 and buy a new ipad that cost 300.00 and stick your other 300.00 in their pocket.
This site is a scam, If you can't see it by now? Then you deserve to be laughed at and ripped off by the thieving con artist, GOOD LUCK EVERYONE, THIS REVIEW WAS WRITTEN ON 11/27/2014

Tip for consumers: I WOULDN'T DO THAT IF I WERE YOU, YOU WORK HARD FOR YOUR MONEY, LET THEM GET A JOB TOO INSTEAD OF SITTING BACK AND COLLECTING

danm91
11/25/14

Bid Vouchers EXPIRE in 4 days!!!

If you don't keep bidding you get LOCKED OUT!!

If you do manage to find a way to make this site work for you THEY WILL FIX IT!!

Tip for consumers: Read some reviews - IT SMELLS!!

jamesr103
11/24/14

STAY AWAY FROM QuiBids!!
THEY ARE FIRST RATE RIPOFFS.

I won Oxford Hotel New York Embossed - Leaf Microfiber Sheet Sets - Queen - Chocolate
for $.01 and they debited my account for $60.00!

No one to call to iron out this. No phone number.

Stay away!!!!!

johnnya14
11/23/14

Thanks to all the negative reviews, it saved me from making a mistake and paying $60 flat for 100 bids (.60 each)

It seemed like a scam when I read and decidedly paused my acceptance until searching the web for reviews. Thank you all for saving me from this company.

They obviously are scouting the forums and review sites with their customer service people trying to dissuade others from believing the one star reviews. Trying to put out fires fast, I would imagine because it has to be an incredibly profitable enterprise...

Here is their (Must be bought and paid for) BBB Report

charlotteo1
11/23/14

Make you sign up and THEN hit you with the fact you have to give them $60 before you even start bidding

Tip for consumers: Don't go there

macg10
11/17/14

This type of crooks are allowed to operate in this state, because two wealthy brothers own the majority of the populations in this state, and this type of scam is typical of the way that they the Kochs took inherited millions and turned their inheritance into $85 BILLION. They "donate" to virtually every republican office holder in this state, and any of them who ever dared to mention regulating organized crime would be "primaried out" of office in two years. Solar and wind energy compete with their monopoly on fossil fuels, so the Kochs have sent legislation to every state they now control demanding taxation on wind turbines and solar panels. Instead of being paid for power you can feed onto the power grid, you will be taxed for doing so, which will help keep America dependent on OPEC oil, which the Kochs refine for a huge profit. David Koch's twin brother described Koch Industries as "A CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE." The $85 Billion brothers now own much of our government, since the 2010 "Citizens United" decision allowed them to "donate" unlimited SECRET MONEY to political campaigns .Google "The Koch method" and "Koch family criminal record" and you might make the connection between the way Quibids operates and Koch enterprises. An HONEST Attorney General would shut this website down, but we have an Attorney General who is like a Fox guarding a hen house. Anyone who thinks we don't need Government regulation of business, or stock trading, or organized crime, etc. needs to take a look at how this site operates, and how they take advantage of unsuspecting citizens. If you read their "5 Star" reviews, several of them were elderly people who intended on posting 1 star reviews after feeling like they had been ripped off.

Tip for consumers: Buyer BEWARE

romaneg
11/13/14

Started to sign up before I finished they took $60.00 from my bank . I did not finish filling out form and there support services will not answer do not go on this site and call your bbb to complain

kyleb41
11/11/14

Should be zero stars. Just stay away from this gambling site. The only long-term winner is the owners of the site just like a casino. I imagine people get addicted to this type of gambling as well because there is no other explanation for its popularity.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it. Even the "buy it now" after you loose is a rip off since you pay for postage and full price for the stupid item.

petes32
11/10/14

QuiBid Could Fix This Easily But Refuses to Do the Obvious.

QuiBids defends itself by pointing to its fine print and supposed 3 times is tells you that you are going to be billed $60 during the sign-up process. I just tested it and the $60 only appeared once -- and NOT connected to the sign-up box. It is intentionally deceptive and I'll explain why -- and then, how they could very simply change their sign-up page to make it VERY clear. (See screen shots attached to this review.)

I copied and searched the Terms and Conditions text that one must read before signing up. I DID NOT find a single mention that one's credit card will be immediately charged ANYTHING, let alone $60.

Notice in the 2nd attachment; the mention of buying a "100 Bid Pack" is in an entirely separate box on the left (and therefore appears optional). The box asking for credit card info is on the right, enclosed without any mention that supplying credit info will result in a charge. I do eBay a lot where entering card info does NOT result in a charge. I am also a computer programmer and web designer and my mind did NOT link the two boxes together at all. In fact, I had filled out the card info, paused, decided to google a review of QuiBid and only there did I find out that finishing that screen would charge my card. I cancelled the screen.

All that QuiBid needs to do is what EVERY OTHER checkout web-form does: show a TOTAL CHARGES line with "$60.00" in the credit card info box.

WHY DON'T THEY???

Because they know it will result in less accidental sign-ups and therefore less accidental revenue that, legally, they do not have to return (read the BBB complaints -- they will not return these funds).

This is morally corrupt. Why don't they respond with, "Gee -- we've had hundreds of complaints about this. Maybe we should fix it and save people money they did not intend to spend." I just read a complaint on BBB from a senior citizen on a fixed, low income who didn't understand. QuiBids refused to refund anything to her. That's got to be great for business.

I, for one, will steer clear of QuiBids and spread the word.

catherinea6
11/8/14

I'm surprised it gets 2 stars.. This is a complete rip off... Be very careful they keep the money whether or not you win. It is in the "How it Works" information but it can be easily misread or even overlooked. I think the reason is you either been to a auction or heard about them and when you bid there they don't keep your money well with QuiBids they do.. It's just not in our thinking process. It's a big rip off and should be shut down.
Beware.

Tip for consumers: QUIBIDS BEWARE IT'S a RIP OFF.. READ "HOW IT WORKS" VERY CAREFULLY.

toms133
11/7/14

I have been a quibids member for 2 years and I'm clueless as to what these other folks are talking about. If you take the time to study the advice they offer you can do well. In the last year I have won
*6 IPad Air - Combined cost $436. I sold all 6 for $375/each totaling $2,250.
*4 different television. Combined cost $244. Sold all 4 for $350.
* 4 Canon cameras. Combined cost $184, Sold all 3 for a grand total of $1150.

Tip for consumers: Take your time and learn how it works.

teds25
11/3/14

QuiBids is a scam. I know I should have read the fine print. As soon as I started bidding and got charged for a bid I know it was scam and called the company and demanded my refund. After a lot of complaining i finally got my money back and been advising people to never sign up every time i got a chance.

Tip for consumers: Do not throw away your money.

timj29
11/1/14

I have been on Quibids for about nine months. I have won some great auctions for items costing $300.00 or more. No, it is not easy. I think most of the negative reviews here are about being charged 60 dollars up front. Well, I think the majority of these reviews are from people who don't take the time to read the rules. If you read the tips for bidding, posted right on the website, you'll find that the best strategy is having enough bids available to purchase the item you're bidding on at full price. Yes, people win $500.00 items for $30.00. However, that is very lucky. Another thing, there are bidders on this site that will over bid by the hundreds. I have identified 20 or 30 such people. You learn very quickly who not to get into a bidding war against. I have never had a problem with customer service and they have always been helpful and polite. One thing I would like to see Quibids offer are auctions where you can only use "real" bids. This would really level the playing field against these bidders who use "voucher" bids to way over bid for a product.

audreytg
10/31/14

So sorry for falling for this scam. Lost my 60.00 and did not know it costed that much. Would never have joined if I knew. As a senior this was a big loss for me.

mattl38
10/25/14

Beware, each bid increases the purchase price $.01 but costs the bidder $.60. So an iPad selling for $38.65 is based on 3,865 bids at $.60 each for a total of $2,319. If you figure they get products at wholesale prices – you can see they’re raking in the dough! But hey - shipping is free so it’s all good right?

Unlike a normal auction where if you lose you don’t pay. Here win or lose you pay $.60 for each bid and if you win add the ending purchase price to your costs. The statistics information provided is highly suspect, rarely are the super high bids (normal to win) displayed. For example you'll see a range of $1.32 to $12.89…you say “well alright now, let’s do this”. Start bidding and after 5 hours of watching the 10 sec clock count down thousands of times, the high end of the statistics range is nowhere in sight! At this point you’re like a maniacal day trader pumping up a pyramid scheme...no time for bathroom breaks or food and say goodbye to your family as they head out to a movie without you. It’s okay because you’re on a mission to get a DEAL and you’re having so much FUN…by yourself!

Here’s what you’ll experience. Shortly after the point when you wish you never started to bid in the first place you look at how much you have invested so far. Then it’s not fun anymore because this is going nowhere fast. Your will to win is gone - you want it to end fast to stop the enormous time sink you’re in. So you become a “Bid-O-Matic” fanatic to drive everyone away in hopes of getting the WIN or at least end it fast so you can buy it at full retail price (minus your bids) and go to bed. But noooo, the other bidders smell blood in the water – you’re doomed and have to sit and wait it out. From my experience, this is normal - every auction you’re in seems to be THE one everyone wants. If I didn't know better, I would say they pay people to run up the bidding.

My advice: Try it ONLY if you have money to burn and you really don't care if you lose it – like at a Casino. If you see something you really want, go to Amazon and buy it. The total costs will be similar, then do something truly fun with the time saved…life is too short to have Quibids in it.

chyanneh
10/24/14

I signed up for quibids under the impression that i would be charged after I won something. Not have it come immediately off of my account! $60 dollars was taken off of my account! At first I decided to give it a try but when I "won" an auction it wasn't even what I was bidding on!! I contacted customer service as soon as i realized what a joke this site was. They sent me an email just a few hours later saying that they deactivated my account and that it would take 5-6 days for them to give me my money back. I am waiting to see if they actually give it to me still. I am just lucky that if they don't give me my money, the bank that I am with will mach the amount lost and file a law suit against them. Even if they lose the suit i still get my money back.

Tip for consumers: STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS!!!!! IT'S A SCAM!!!!!!

barbaraa22
10/23/14

Tip for consumers: Don't do it!

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the QuiBids staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I'm from air shall islands,
can I place my bit and get my stuff through post office box?
1/1/13
matth28
A: Well, considering he is making the option of getting it cheaper possible by being willing to take this chance, you Deb are the one who is being ignorant.
6/8/10
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the QuiBids staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

8 Photos for QuiBids